• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WTF, POKÉMON!?! – A Serial Video Mockery of the Anime (RETURNING - Ep. 51 OUT)

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I just want to know the original Japanese prophecy in Pokémon 2000.

"And the world will turn to ash" is the biggest groanable (if that's a word) pun of all time. Why is he named Ash anyway? Satoshi ftw.

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
At least it's better than "Cowterpie...."

Oh, and to answer your question, the Japanese version never states anything about Ash. It just says "A legendary Pokemon Trainer will rise up..." or something to that effect.

Silverline

Smash Apprentice
Well now, that just makes me hate 4Kids even more.
4Kids are the worst dubbers ever, bar none. If Pokemon isn't a good example enough to prove it (Which it IS) Look at Shaman King, or for the love of everything Anime, their murder of One Piece. Really, the only thing EVER good to come from them is the music (And I mean their Pikachu Jukebox type songs, not their BGM), and I think we'd all agree that 'Team Rocket's Rocking' is more or less junk when compared to Maemuki Roketto Dan.

TheGlitchMaster

Smash Lord
4Kids are the worst dubbers ever, bar none. If Pokemon isn't a good example enough to prove it (Which it IS) Look at Shaman King, or for the love of everything Anime, their murder of One Piece. Really, the only thing EVER good to come from them is the music (And I mean their Pikachu Jukebox type songs, not their BGM), and I think we'd all agree that 'Team Rocket's Rocking' is more or less junk when compared to Maemuki Roketto Dan.
Team Rocket's Rockin is still cool, though.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
The first one of part one was exactly what I was referring to in #2 of WTFP 18. I thought I had seen those before...

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
Hey, Youko, I gots me a Youtube question. The 10-minute time limit on videos.... Is that exact, or about? I've seen some videos of people who have join dates of just a few months ago, but they have videos that pass the 10 minute mark.

bored

Smash Ace
I found them quite entertaining. I'm a big fan of the original episodes, so this was definitely interesting to see. Good work, Youko.

M.K

Level 55

Hey Youko and SwordHunter, I'm an assistant artist at the Pokemon Shop on this board (Firius the Hedgehog, Spire III, bowser king's collabarative efforts), and I wanted to present this banner to you as a sign of thanks for doing such a great job and taking the time out of your day to make us laugh. Keep up the awesome work!

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
Wow, that looks great!

If you can, you should use that banner on your YouTube channel. Not sure how you'd implement something like that, though, but I've seen it done. Maybe it's a partner-only thing...

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Hmmmm, I'll have to figure out how to use it on Youtube...but thanks so much for the work!!

At this point we're just sticking to the first season. I don't know if we'll do any of the movies at the point in time.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Hmmmm, I'll have to figure out how to use it on Youtube...but thanks so much for the work!!

At this point we're just sticking to the first season. I don't know if we'll do any of the movies at the point in time.
Well it seems hard to do an episode on the movie where you point out all the mistakes (there probably will be a lot, I only know one out of the first movie).

The only solution I could think of is breaking the movie up into different parts and than do a final bottom 5 mistakes.

Silverline

Smash Apprentice
Curious, Youko. Since we had SMYN, does that mean we've got no WTF this week? I ask because I had something for the Tentacool and Tentacruel episode that I wanted to send in.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Ummm, you probably should have sent it in earlier. I'm already starting to work on the episodes...

Silverline

Smash Apprentice
Lol, it's ok. It's my own darn fault for being so brainless as to not get it in. Maybe next time though. I just hope that one of the WTF moments is Tentacool taking over Meowths mind.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Um, I'm not sure, maybe later tonight. 19's done with editing, 20 still has to be matched with audio, and each take about an hour apiece to finalize.

Early tomorrow morning, by the latest.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Both episodes are now up for you to watch. Enjoy, everyone! I find Ep. 20's easter egg to be rather "WTF-worthy."

XACE-K

Smash Master
The easter egg in episode 20 is WTF worthy. Also what's wrong with the name Venustoise? Is it because it resembles a Blastoise more than a Venusaur so you think that Blast should be first in the name.

Top Bottom