• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Winter Game Fest VI - Feat. DrPP, M2K, Mango - $4000 Smash Pot - $7K Tot. Prizes

Status
Not open for further replies.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
hey thanks sheridan, i'll add you to the list, and you can never have too many laptops.
speaking of which, livestream commentators/recording setups would also be greatly appreciated.

as far as the brawl format goes, where can I actually ask people about that? The AiB forums are virtually dead and no one ever really posts in tournament pages. if i can't get a general consensus, i may just settle for the opinions of the few brawl players i know in person.

HugS™

Smash Lord
Pat, the best way to get a response from the brawl community is to post a blog asking the question.

A mod will recommend it, it will be on the front page, and people will post.

Jun.

Smash Lord
Just throwing this out there but one of the best things about this tournament is that close housing is available as long as UCSD smashers are willing (which we usually are). In the past WGF and even at Pat's house, most if not all players from other regions were granted free and easy housing/rides from UCSD and SD region players.

Housing should be the last of your worries if anyone is contemplating traveling down to SD!

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
hey pat, how does WGF get its funding?

I was thinking of having something similar to the genesis fundraiser but instead it's for WGF.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
we're run through a student organization called "Sixth College Tech Committee," basically we're given whatever the club standard budget is and we use it to put on WGF every January. Engdrew is actually the commissioner of the club, so he'd know the specifics a little bit better. So as far as tournament logistics go: the venue, manpower, and equipment (tables, chairs, etc. NOT cubes/tvs/wiis) are taken care of with a little help from the venue fee. And as you've probably noticed our venue fee is just 5 bucks, which is substantially lower than any other tournament this size.

A fundraiser would be cool, although not entirely necessary. Genesis needs a fundraiser so they can make the event happen. WGF will go down either way, we're pretty much set (sponsorships are still in work) as far as making the tournament happen. A fundraiser would basically just pad the payouts, which is still pretty cool. It'd be great to have a 6-8k pot or something (as of now it's probably gonna be 4k). Speaking of which, it also might help with guessing our pot size. We try to make an estimate for the pot every year, which can be tough. We've covered it the last few years but by less than 100 bucks both times. Fundraising would help add a bit of security to that as well. But any excess entry gets pocketed by the university or something, which is dumb, but at that point it's outta my control.

Engdrew

Smash Journeyman
Bumping because I'm working on the budget right now.

Smash pot is $4000. $1000 for each tourney.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
shymalan twist - its the new sc2 dota

Engdrew

Smash Journeyman
my smash-nerdness read it this way:

OOS on the edgeguarding.

i was like... o_O?

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I might actually head out to this :) If I do, I can bring in a setup, MAYBE two with me for Brawl.

It all sort of depends on my work schedule that weekend.

Jun.

Smash Lord
over 9000 housing at this one. Usually UCSD will house everyone and anyone at first come first serve basis. The earlier you get your party/group set the better so that UCSD smashers will know who can house who.

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
Arizona will probably come to this, So my question is any one down to house a black man, a short jew, a buffed up white guy, a skinny white racist, and a gay guy?

andrewtan7854

Smash Rookie
yo im 90% sure im gonna be heading to this. if i do i can give a ride to irvine area smashers. and i have a recording set up if you guys want it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom