• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Winter Game Fest VI - Feat. DrPP, M2K, Mango - $4000 Smash Pot - $7K Tot. Prizes

Status
Not open for further replies.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
why not if he can place super high in both? he plays brawl for bigger moneys hahah, and he did get 1st

i think it was 1st brawl, 1st brawl teams, 4th melee singles, 1st melee teams?

freakin mew2king!

(about first in brawl teams: i'm just assuming. did he? haha)

strawhats

Smash Master
yes he got 1st in brawl singles....he's the best player in brawl right now. He beat ADHD and Gnes 2 weeks ago (his worst MU diddy besides Olimar) and he beat Larry who beats mk. He's also beaten ally alot over the last yr and a half. Im pretty sure had he faced Rich Brown, m2k would've won. Too bad brawl people didn't get to see the hype match of m2k vs tkd.

I don't think anyone can touch m2k when he's on point in brawl, thats not the point though. I think he should only enter melee doubles. Cuz watching him not being able to do well in singles is really sad. I've never seen anyone **** up m2k that badly in melee except for mango (pp destroyed m2k). Fly caught m2k on a bad day or in this case a good day for fly.

1.m2k
2.Larry (DEHF)
3.Fow
4. Rich Brown
5. X

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Pretty much everybody relatively good unanimously agreed that Mango threw the set after game 2.

Honestly, just watch the difference on how he played in games 3 4 and 5 in comparison to games 1 and 2 when you get the chance. It's really obvious.
Dam, its that obvious? I gotta see it then. Still curious about the gfs set where he lost the first 2, won games 3 and 4, then lost game 5.

I don't understand why Mango would do this.... :( Wish he would just try the whole set.

황미영

Smash Champion
Curious if FOW went all Ness. ;O

But good shiz to X! ;DDDD

Pretty upset how TKD placed.

MANGO WAI YOU NO TRY HARD?!

D

Deleted member

FOW got third. Mew2King won. Larry 2nd.

I mocked Ness the entire evening, FOW challenged me to a $5 MM, then I wrecked his Ness butt all over the place and JV 2'd him and he rage quit and wouldn't pay. xP
good job beating someone who placed when it mattered in a match when it didn't matter.

hungrypusy

Smash Rookie
Pretty much everybody relatively good unanimously agreed that Mango threw the set after game 2.

Honestly, just watch the difference on how he played in games 3 4 and 5 in comparison to games 1 and 2 when you get the chance. It's really obvious.
Honestly, just watch the difference on how pp played in games 1 and 2 in comparison to games 3 4 and 5... It's really obvious.

황미영

Smash Champion
But makes no sense, Basedgod is soooo bad, but I still like to listen to him. xD

But good shee to Trevonte. :3

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
results are up fellas. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=12044629

tough tourney to run, but I hope every one had a good time.

Shoutouts to Neal for giving me a broken version of tio... I hate you neal, made me keep track of every TV by hand for 260 players. GRRRRRRR.

Full results are being uploaded to AiB, but you guys can pretty much put two and two together with the bracket images from the twitter stream.

StopJohnningForMango

Smash Rookie
1. Dr. PP
2. Mango
3. Fly
4. M2k

Winners Finals- Mango destroys PP ( i think) first 2 matches then throws next 3 matches PP PLAYS AMAZING AND ADAPTS TO MANGO'S FALCON AND READS THE **** OUT OF HIM.

Fly vs M2k- Fly 3-0s M2k's fox, then peach, then fox. M2k has brawl/melee at same time johns + controller johns and i sorta believe him

Grand Finals- Mango loses first 2 matches with falcon (on purpose i think to be suspenseful HERPA DERP JOHN) then wins next 2 in falco dittos in very close, exciting matches

he then barely loses game 5 of set 1 super close
Fixed some of that up there.

This is ridiculous and definitely hurting the integrity of tournaments. Where is the logic in assuming that Mango "threw" Winner's Finals? It was clear to me that Mango wants to win with Falcon. He knows he has ability to play Falcon like no one else. PP was just too good and adapted so well to Mango's Falcon. You can argue that Mango did throw away the set because he refused to change character's. He most likely could have taken the set by rotating, but simply because he didn't rotate doesn't mean he wasn't trying.

Also, I heard first-hand, from Mango's mouth to Hugs' ear, that his Falcon in Grand Finals was "Try hard" Falcon. I was there and heard everything from Mango's justifying to Hugs about why he is going Falcon to Hugs' pleading Mango to go Falco and actually make the set a decent one.

Many others were there too and I'm sure many can attest to this.
"Birthday Fox/Falco?", anyone?

Let's stop pretending that we know what is going on in a match between players like PP and Mango and let's just assume that they are both playing their best.

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
yes he got 1st in brawl singles....he's the best player in brawl right now. He beat ADHD and Gnes 2 weeks ago (his worst MU diddy besides Olimar) and he beat Larry who beats mk. He's also beaten ally alot over the last yr and a half. Im pretty sure had he faced Rich Brown, m2k would've won. Too bad brawl people didn't get to see the hype match of m2k vs tkd.

I don't think anyone can touch m2k when he's on point in brawl, thats not the point though. I think he should only enter melee doubles. Cuz watching him not being able to do well in singles is really sad. I've never seen anyone **** up m2k that badly in melee except for mango (pp destroyed m2k). Fly caught m2k on a bad day or in this case a good day for fly.

1.m2k
2.Larry (DEHF)
3.Fow
4. Rich Brown
5. X

kinda selfish don't you think? also, "not watching him be able to do well in singles"? really? it's unfair to him to reduce his performance to the last 2 sets he played. he tied for 5th ffs and 1-4 are pretty damn good players

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Fixed some of that up there.

This is ridiculous and definitely hurting the integrity of tournaments. Where is the logic in assuming that Mango "threw" Winner's Finals? It was clear to me that Mango wants to win with Falcon. He knows he has ability to play Falcon like no one else. PP was just too good and adapted so well to Mango's Falcon. You can argue that Mango did throw away the set because he refused to change character's. He most likely could have taken the set by rotating, but simply because he didn't rotate doesn't mean he wasn't trying.

Also, I heard first-hand, from Mango's mouth to Hugs' ear, that his Falcon in Grand Finals was "Try hard" Falcon. I was there and heard everything from Mango's justifying to Hugs about why he is going Falcon to Hugs' pleading Mango to go Falco and actually make the set a decent one.

Many others were there too and I'm sure many can attest to this.
"Birthday Fox/Falco?", anyone?

Let's stop pretending that we know what is going on in a match between players like PP and Mango and let's just assume that they are both playing their best.

I'M SO MAD I HAVE TO MAKE A NEW ACCOUNT TO CALL SOMEONE OUT
fixed for you

MacD

Banned via Administration
he's right though, mango's falcon was trying in GF

in WF's, from what i remember he just got upset with camping (if anything, mango hates the fact that people camp so much to win which makes him say **** this game) and started playing stupidly

and in the case of m2k vs fly, me/pp/zhu were talking to him after zhu lost and m2k said "he was playing better than me" he didn't john or anything, he accepts the fact that he won't ever play at 100% in melee if he has to keep switching between games.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I think Mango is the best.
Let him speak for himself.
If he doesn't, tough ****.
wasnt arguing with his post

if you want to call someone out, dont be a ***** and make a new account to do so

D

Deleted member

With this much censor dodging I'm just going to edit out your whole post.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Cool it on the flaming and censor dodging. It looks like someone should chill out and s2j's.

PP ***** this tournament. Matches 1 and 2 don't mean anything to me, no falcon will ever beat PP anyway. I'm almost confident to say no one will ever beat him in a falcon ditto as well, but not quite. Lol now I wish it would have been falcon dittos gf's loool

CableCho57

Smash Lord
dude what the heck is with the good player funded player always winning!?
cmon west coast step it up! we gotta defend our home turf

west coast should crew battle dsw, axe, jman, drpp, and pc chris (even tho he didnt actually come)

D

Deleted member

Yeah, this one too. Not going to bother going through and censoring all the words manually.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
shut the **** up , ****** mod from ganon boards, stick to moderating your own pathetic corner and leave pac west alone. nobody not ******** respects ur ****** opinion after u thinking Linguini beating Mango in friendlies is earth shattering

if u want actual respect u should go ip check mystery poster and reveal his identity
im sure ur cool/good at smash bros and all but

ace is def one of the coolest mods/people there are so

shhhhhhhhh
:woman:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom