• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What has Nintendo done to upset you?

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure this has been mentioned but for me it's definitely their poor handling of amiibos. If it's not from Mario, Zelda, or Pokemon, it's rare as all get out. Also how restock dates are so unspecific *coughMarthcough*.
I'm surprised they haven't got better with restocking the rare Amiibos after apologizing about it weeks ago. I have a feeling it's just more PR talk in order to make consumers feel better. :/

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Amiibo!!! Especially making the Splatoon Squid amiibo restricted to the special pack, leading to the pack easily being sold out. Yes, I missed it this morning so I am especially irritated.

Mr. Gency

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mister-Gency
3DS FC
2552-3708-9647
It pissed me off how they delayed the "New" 3DS in North America until February in order to trick people into buying the older models during the holiday season.

And the Nintendo Creator's Program.

And its predicable success.

And amiibos.

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
Zelda U still not being shown during the Japanese Nintendo Direct yesterday. I get that Zelda's not that popular in Japan, but I was hoping at least they'll show something new concerning it. There's also Nintendo most likely lying to their consumers about the Amiibo restocks.

With so many things Nintendo did to make me angry, I have a feeling I'll stop being a Nintendo fan. I'm gonna give them one last chance when E3 comes. If they disappoint me after it's over with, I'm officially done being a loyal fan of them.

Scarlet Knight

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RageMachine7.5
3DS FC
1375-7206-7615
I have a feeling I'll stop being a Nintendo fan. I'm gonna give them one last chance when E3 comes. If they disappoint me after it's over with, I'm officially done being a loyal fan of them.
I tell myself that every year xD

Does anyone else here have the fear that They will "Improve" the Amiibo problem with the cards?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Zelda U still not being shown during the Japanese Nintendo Direct yesterday. I get that Zelda's not that popular in Japan, but I was hoping at least they'll show something new concerning it. There's also Nintendo most likely lying to their consumers about the Amiibo restocks.

With so many things Nintendo did to make me angry, I have a feeling I'll stop being a Nintendo fan. I'm gonna give them one last chance when E3 comes. If they disappoint me after it's over with, I'm officially done being a loyal fan of them.
Last they said was that they weren't even planning on having Zelda for E3 2015 :(

If they keep that promise, I'm expecting Fall would be the earliest they'd show something.

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
Does anyone else here have the fear that They will "Improve" the Amiibo problem with the cards?
I'm gonna call it right now. It'll either be worse or it'll stop the Amiibo sales from coming. I don't think the cards would do anything to help the situation at all. People rather own the figurines than the cards, so I have no idea why Nintendo thinks it's a good idea.

Last they said was that they weren't even planning on having Zelda for E3 2015 :(

If they keep that promise, I'm expecting Fall would be the earliest they'd show something.
They might change their minds until then..........maybe. >__> I don't know why they're so quiet about it. They never were with previous Zelda games before.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I know it's been said to death on this thread, but the amiibo **** Nintendo is doing is some of the most idiotic **** I've ever seen them pull. I have no idea what they're thinking is going to happen. They're probably making zero profit from the damn things because they're so under-stocked.
I just want to look Reggie in the eyes and say "what the Hell, man?"

*cough* rant over. Seriously though, why?

Last edited:

Scarlet Knight

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RageMachine7.5
3DS FC
1375-7206-7615
I'm gonna call it right now. It'll either be worse or it'll stop the Amiibo sales from coming. I don't think the cards would do anything to help the situation at all. People rather own the figurines than the cards, so I have no idea why Nintendo thinks it's a good idea.
IDK, this is Nintendo we're talking about...

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Despite scalpers and low restock, they're really making money off of this. Almost 100 percent of their shipment is selling.

Making 0 profit would mean that the cost to make them equals the cost at what they sell them for, and I highly doubt they cost that much. I think a month after Smash 4, they said the amiibos sold 3 times over the amount of copies sold for Smash? Can't imagine what it's at now.

Last edited:

Scarlet Knight

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RageMachine7.5
3DS FC
1375-7206-7615
Despite scalpers and low restock, they're really making money off of this. Almost 100 percent of their shipment is selling.

Making 0 profit would mean that the cost to make them equals the cost at what they sell them for, and I highly doubt they cost that much. I think a month after Smash 4, they said the amiibos sold 3 times over the amount of copies sold for Smash? Can't imagine what it's at now.
If every wave of amiibo is selling out of preorders, then probably alot more than just wave 1 alone

Mr. Gency

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mister-Gency
3DS FC
2552-3708-9647
Well, there are people like me who want the functionality more than the amiibo itself. So while I'd like a figure of my main, I'd happily settle for cards that have the same functions.

Iceweasel

Smash Ace
I tell myself that every year xD

I'm afraid that they will. Which sucks, because I couldn't care less about the functionality of amiibos, I just want some decent-looking figures. Which is unfortunate, because almost every amiibo I want looks like the molds were made by a blind person with palsy.

Scarlet Knight

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RageMachine7.5
3DS FC
1375-7206-7615
I'm afraid that they will. Which sucks, because I couldn't care less about the functionality of amiibos, I just want some decent-looking figures. Which is unfortunate, because almost every amiibo I want looks like the molds were made by a blind person with palsy.
lol, IMO the best looking small amiibo is Megaman, medium... Zelda, and Large... DeDeDe

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
I do admit that some of the Amiibos look bad. But, I still think it's great to own characters that barely have tons of merchandise before. If I want to own some more that are extremely rare in the US, I'm gonna have to import them. It's better than trying to spend too much money on a tiny figurine.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
Nintendo upset me with some minor things like no chargers with the New 3DS but that's really it

RaenUE

Smash Cadet
NNID
RaenUE
3DS FC
0705-3752-9517
While I'm still ridiculously bitter over Nintendo only releasing the New 3DS XL in NA, their justification was leagues worse. It seemed to center around "An optional accessory for a product will be hard to distribute so we might as well not distribute the product in the first place" and "Consumers should not have to shoulder the burden of being even slightly informed".

Their amiibo policy has been bad, but I haven't really cared for them so I can't say that I'm upset. I'm more disappointed, really.

HeadSchott

Smash Cadet
NNID
headschott
3DS FC
5370-0395-8945
Switch FC
4035-4288-6515
Nintendo is my all time favorite game company, but they need to get their **** together in a lot of aspects (i.e. online gaming issues like voicechat, etc.) By far my biggest complaint is how they have messed up the amiibo situation SO bad. When like a third of the characters are nearly impossible to find without giving into scalpers on eBay and paying ridiculous prices, there's a major problem. This last wave they "tried" to solve, but I found 3 amiibos (Pacman, Wario, Charizard, by far the most common of this wave) out of 8 on the first day they released them, only minutes after the stores have opened. Absolutely ridiculous that it's almost a half year into the lifespan of the amiibo brand being released, and still collectors who don't want to pay outrageous prices are having this much trouble.

Scarlet Knight

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RageMachine7.5
3DS FC
1375-7206-7615
Nintendo is my all time favorite game company, but they need to get their **** together in a lot of aspects (i.e. online gaming issues like voicechat, etc.) By far my biggest complaint is how they have messed up the amiibo situation SO bad. When like a third of the characters are nearly impossible to find without giving into scalpers on eBay and paying ridiculous prices, there's a major problem. This last wave they "tried" to solve, but I found 3 amiibos (Pacman, Wario, Charizard, by far the most common of this wave) out of 8 on the first day they released them, only minutes after the stores have opened. Absolutely ridiculous that it's almost a half year into the lifespan of the amiibo brand being released, and still collectors who don't want to pay outrageous prices are having this much trouble.
Yeah really, I had to pay $69 for a Marth on Amazon

HeadSchott

Smash Cadet
NNID
headschott
3DS FC
5370-0395-8945
Switch FC
4035-4288-6515
Yeah really, I had to pay $69 for a Marth on Amazon
I refuse to pay more than what I had to with Rosalina ($45 desperation had settled in), but because of my refusal to give into any more scalpers, I'm missing a lot of characters.
Have (in order of appearance on my shelf :)) :
:4samus::4link::4mario::4kirby::4fox::4yoshi::4peach::4dk::4pikachu::4luigi::4diddy::4zelda::4falcon::4sheik::4tlink::4bowser::rosalina::4megaman::4sonic::4wario::4charizard::4pacman:(:4jigglypuff:coming in the mail lol)
Don't Have:
:4marth::4wiifit::4villager::4littlemac::4pit::4lucario::4metaknight::4shulk::4dedede::4myfriends::4greninja::4ness::4robinm::4lucina:
Pretty sad when well over half the characters are out and I'm missing this many, simply because Nintendo can't keep supply up with demand.

Psionic

Smash Journeyman
I refuse to pay more than what I had to with Rosalina ($45 desperation had settled in), but because of my refusal to give into any more scalpers, I'm missing a lot of characters.
Have (in order of appearance on my shelf :)) :
:4samus::4link::4mario::4kirby::4fox::4yoshi::4peach::4dk::4pikachu::4luigi::4diddy::4zelda::4falcon::4sheik::4tlink::4bowser::rosalina::4megaman::4sonic::4wario::4charizard::4pacman:(:4jigglypuff:coming in the mail lol)
Don't Have:
:4marth::4wiifit::4villager::4littlemac::4pit::4lucario::4metaknight::4shulk::4dedede::4myfriends::4greninja::4ness::4robinm::4lucina:
Pretty sad when well over half the characters are out and I'm missing this many, simply because Nintendo can't keep supply up with demand.
lol i only get characters i like or characters that look really nice.
:4megaman::4samus::4sonic::4pacman::4bowser::4tlink::4kirby::4ness::4diddy: are all on my shelf.
:4drmario::4rob::4gaw::4lucas::4littlemac::4alph::roypm::4falcon: are all characters i hope to get.

Last edited:

finalark

SNORLAX
Man, you guys are a crazy. The only two amiibos I own are DK (a gift) and boy inkling, who I bought because he gave some nifty samurai armor. I don't even own a copy of splatoon right now, I just wanted it in case it got rare.

Scarlet Knight

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RageMachine7.5
3DS FC
1375-7206-7615
same, but at least my money didn't go to a scalper, My Marth is Japanese

Wojo

Smash Rookie
NNID
Wojo42
3DS FC
1092-0117-9940
Stretchmo.

It's not the game I'm angry at; I loved it. I'm just upset at the way they advertised it as free-to-play. Unlike the big N's other recent ventures into that model (Pokemon Rumble and Pokemon Shuffle) you could not progress past a certain part of the game without buying in, were as in the others you just needed to wait a bit for certain mcguffins to recharge. If it were a sizable portion of the game we got to play I wouldn't be upset, but instead what we got was essentially a demo advertised as a full game. Urgh.

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
I still have a feeling that Nintendo's not getting any better with the demand for certain Amiibos. Last time I checked any new Amiibo at a GameStop, the only ones they had available were Pac-Man, Wario, Silver Mario, and the Splatoon ones. They don't have either of the Fire Emblem characters, Charizard, and the one I really wanted, Ness. It's ridiculous that the situation is getting much worse and Nintendo's not doing a damn thing about it.

It's a good thing I bought my Japanese Pit Amiibo at a reasonable price ($26 is how much I paid for it) a couple weeks back. There's no way I'm spending a ridiculous amount of money over a figurine from some scalper.

Last edited:

HeadSchott

Smash Cadet
NNID
headschott
3DS FC
5370-0395-8945
Switch FC
4035-4288-6515
I still have a feeling that Nintendo's not getting any better with the demand for certain Amiibos. Last time I checked any new Amiibo at a GameStop, the only ones they had available were Pac-Man, Wario, Silver Mario, and the Splatoon ones. They don't have either of the Fire Emblem characters, Charizard, and the one I really wanted, Ness. It's ridiculous that the situation is getting much worse and Nintendo's not doing a damn thing about it.

It's a good thing I bought my Japanese Pit Amiibo at a reasonable price ($26 is how much I paid for it) a couple weeks back. There's no way I'm spending a ridiculous amount of money over a figurine from some scalper.
Ness, Zero Suit Samus, and Ganondorf are the last ones I truly want to get out of the entire bunch. Once I have Ness, I'll have all the original 12 characters from the 64 version, and ZSS and Ganondorf I want because they're from Zelda and Metroid, 2 of my favorite game series (plus their amiibos look amazing). Of course I want them all, but at this point in the hunt, I think I've done pretty well and I keep telling myself it's as good as it's going to get until a major rehaul is done by Nintendo for their restocking system.

After I get the three I want most, I may just throw in the towel on this whole amiibo hunt, or at the very least do what you did and buy the Japanese versions. I haven't bought any Japanese ones yet but trying to find the NA versions has been a financial burden (gas money traveling to stores way out of my way + occasionally caving into scalper traps). I guess it really doesn't make a difference which region I get them from since they're not region locked, but I've gotten this far without having to import.

Last edited:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Not exactly upset, but I'd like to see them do a digital program again. Getting points off of digital purchases was really nice. When you pair that with how they do releases at midnight EST, Nintendo did some rather good stuff.

Scarlet Knight

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RageMachine7.5
3DS FC
1375-7206-7615
Not exactly upset, but I'd like to see them do a digital program again. Getting points off of digital purchases was really nice. When you pair that with how they do releases at midnight EST, Nintendo did some rather good stuff.
Yeah really, I liked the digital program

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
Ness, Zero Suit Samus, and Ganondorf are the last ones I truly want to get out of the entire bunch. Once I have Ness, I'll have all the original 12 characters from the 64 version, and ZSS and Ganondorf I want because they're from Zelda and Metroid, 2 of my favorite game series (plus their amiibos look amazing). Of course I want them all, but at this point in the hunt, I think I've done pretty well and I keep telling myself it's as good as it's going to get until a major rehaul is done by Nintendo for their restocking system.

After I get the three I want most, I may just throw in the towel on this whole amiibo hunt, or at the very least do what you did and buy the Japanese versions. I haven't bought any Japanese ones yet but trying to find the NA versions has been a financial burden (gas money traveling to stores way out of my way + occasionally caving into scalper traps). I guess it really doesn't make a difference which region I get them from since they're not region locked, but I've gotten this far without having to import.
Only ones I want from Wave 5 are Bowser Jr., Ganondorf, and depending on how lucky I am with it, Dark Pit. Recently I just bought a Charizard Amiibo online and I'm pretty happy about it because Pikachu's the only Pokemon I own in my Amiibo collection (can't get Lucario for obvious reasons).

I'm pretty proud of my Pit Amiibo since he's the only character I own that's from an obscure franchise and doesn't have a lot of merchandise made besides the Figma figurines.

I think it is best to import certain Amiibo's that are very hard to get in the US. That's what I'm gonna try to do with characters like the Villager, for example.

nubilepoopile

Smash Cadet
I've got some serious charger blues. My Wii U Gamepad, Pro Controller, and 3DS all use different chargers, my Pro Controller didn't include a charger so I've been using crappy mini-USBs I've had lying around the house, and the Pro holds a charge from anywhere from 10 minutes to 3 hours with no indication. Pretty infuriating when i drop a match on FG because my controller just turned off after charging all night.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I've got some serious charger blues. My Wii U Gamepad, Pro Controller, and 3DS all use different chargers, my Pro Controller didn't include a charger so I've been using crappy mini-USBs I've had lying around the house, and the Pro holds a charge from anywhere from 10 minutes to 3 hours with no indication. Pretty infuriating when i drop a match on FG because my controller just turned off after charging all night.
Strange, I've never had an issue with the Wii U Pro controller. Played through 3 JRPGs with my laptop and it was still going strong. Same for after beating all of Wind Waker on my Wii U. The controller lasts 80 hours for me on a single charge.

Anyways, just press the home menu to check the battery life every now and then.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Mostly the lack of online features in Smash although some are understandable (voice chat).

For instance, I think the new game mode Smash Tour (I think? I don't rememer exactly) would have been alot of fun online. That was a missed opportunity imo.

Scarlet Knight

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RageMachine7.5
3DS FC
1375-7206-7615
Mostly the lack of online features in Smash although some are understandable (voice chat).

For instance, I think the new game mode Smash Tour (I think? I don't rememer exactly) would have been alot of fun online. That was a missed opportunity imo.
Smash tour?... fun?!?!
You sure you're not thinking of Smash Run?

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Smash tour?... fun?!?!
You sure you're not thinking of Smash Run?
No idea. Maybe. The one kinda like Mario Party. Granted it isn't perfect and could use some serious tweeks here and there but I like what they were going for.

Last edited:
Top Bottom