• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WATASHI WA SHINEN! SHINENZUUU!: A Black Shadow Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Black shadow could get ganondorf's melee moveset with different b and side b. He could use his magical powers for that as seen in the fzero gx cutscenes!

He could be an unlockable character! Let's hope.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
f zero should get a second rep. If mother gets 2, why not f zero? Mother only had 3 games. F zero has more than just 3.

The Mother series has sold around 1.67 million (not counting the first one on NES)

F zero has sold around 5.80 million

This series should get a second rep.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
f zero should get a second rep. If mother gets 2, why not f zero? Mother only had 3 games. F zero has more than just 3.

The Mother series has sold around 1.67 million (not counting the first one on NES)

F zero has sold around 5.80 million

This series should get a second rep.
thank you cmb we love you, btw @GoldenYuiitusin should there be a supporter list for Black Shadow? I totally would but I didn't notice one.

D

Deleted member

I'll add one at some point.
Back when this thread was made, supporter lists were mainly optional.

Waluridleykryrool

Smash Journeyman
With Goroh confirmed to still be an assist He is literally the only f-zero character left that has a shot at being playable. May not be a popular opinion but i would really like him in just to take Ganondorfs old moveset.

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
So if Black Shadow were to get Lucina treatment, would you guys be mad?
Not at all, I love clones.
We have a decent amount of non-clones, some clones are good, slight variety on popularly used characters is great.

D

Deleted member

So if Black Shadow were to get Lucina treatment, would you guys be mad?
Depends on what you mean.
If you mean, act essentially like a slightly different alt of Captain Falcon, then yes.

If you mean, be a clone of Captain Falcon, then definitely not. One of the main points of B. Shadow's addition is meant to be the new Captain Ganon while Ganondorf gets a revamp to not be a clone anymore.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Seems like a lot of trouble & work to make the idea do-able but in case Sakurai didn't include a 2nd F-zero rep, I'd want all of Captain Falcon's alternate color costumes to be changing Falcon's appearance completely such as Red being Blood Falcon & Black/Dark as Black Shadow. Only if Captain rode the F-zero universe solo.:ohwell:

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yeah, I really do think with Captain Falcon's reveal and lack of franchise villains, Black Shadow would be great to get Ganondorf's old clone moveset. F-Zero could use another character, and the franchise has a LOT more games, around 7 (don't count the BS games). Black Shadow being a racer means he fits way better as a clone. That said, he should have some mild differences to Ganondorf, and obviously, he shouldn't be rock-bottom tier. My guess is that Black Shadow should be faster, despite being heavy. If Ganondorf gets an updated moveset to give him projectile attacks, he can still be a slow heavyweight, but Black Shadow should be a lot faster on his feet, even if his attacks are fairly slow.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
You got another Black Shadow supporter here, and another who is pretty convinced that with Captian Falcon's early reveal we are getting another F-zero rep, along with the other stuff

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Black Shadow needs to happen, I feel like he's a thing now, which great, but he shoulda been more of 'thing' earlier.

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
I think a good mix of magic and brute force would make him unique. Just like robin, but without elements, swords, and much more beefed up standard and smash attacks.

I mean come on, how could this not be a side special or grab game?

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Hey guys, according to this list, how would Black Shadow's moveset be classified? (hybrid classes are possible):

Zoner - Character whose strength lies in forcing their opponent to stay in a certain area. Ex: :4marth:

Ranger - Character whose strength lies in their ranged attacks to force opponents to keep their distance. Ex: :4link:

Speedster - Character whose strength lies in their speed and ability to overwhelm their opponents with relentless attacks. Ex: :4pikachu:

Trickster - Character whose strength lies in a quirky moveset that is hard to predict and can alter the battle field. Ex: :4villager:

Bruiser - Character whose strength lies in devastating attacks to quickly finish off opponents. Ex: :4falcon:

Resistor - Character whose strength lies in super armor that allows them to tank hits to strike down opponents. Ex: :4bowser:

Puppeteer - Character whose strength lies in overwhelming opponents with relentless attacks stopping opponents from striking back. Strength in numbers. Ex: :rosalina:

Juggler - Character whose strength lies in being able to string combos together to finish off opponents. Ex: :4luigi:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Would you guys be ok for a clone-y Black Shadow (taking Ganondorf's moveset)?
I would. I support.

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
Black Shadow needs to be a thing with the whole "villians' trailer speculation going on with our fellow smashboards evil-doers Ridley, King K Rool, and Ganondorf. (Mewtwo too, if you think so). Support our fellow villian racer by including him in your further Villian discussions! I mean, how unexpectedly awesome would it be during the whole villian trailer with all the good versus evil going on, Captain Falcon is trying to protect Samus from Ridley (Easy ship for Sakurai to make, haha) then out of nowhere the Black Bull zooms in, and ejected into a aerial blackflip...

"Black Shadow races into the fray!"

followed by a moveset so original, awesome, and unexpected only our fellow geniuses at Nintendo could have devised it.

Im now inspired into creating a Black Shadow moveset. Ill work on one tomorrow...

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Hey guys, according to this list, how would Black Shadow's moveset be classified? (hybrid classes are possible):
Speedster - Character whose strength lies in their speed and ability to overwhelm their opponents with relentless attacks.
Bruiser - Character whose strength lies in devastating attacks to quickly finish off opponents.
Resistor - Character whose strength lies in super armor that allows them to tank hits to strike down opponents.
Juggler - Character whose strength lies in being able to string combos together to finish off opponents.
Oh snap O_S is this round 3 / 4?!?!? Lets do this:

Ranked best to least is:

1. Bruiser. This would most likely be the first & best role BShadow would do from clone reasons of resembling Falcon, others agreeing with ganondorf's move-set carrying over to BShadow but most likely because he's Falcon but more buff, dangerous, & sinister. This beast is ready to bruise your stocks
  2. Resistor. BShadow has the characteristics to take a beating & still charge ahead unfazed so I'd rank resistor at #2 due to his own unique play-style involving some bull inspired attacks that would have built-in super armor possibly a dash charging grab for approaching.
  3. Speedster. BShadow surely wouldn't be as fast as Falcon but would off-set him a bit to match the ganondorf quota ;Slower than Falcon but far beyond more stronger. If Falcon's speed was 5/5 Falcon heads:4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon: then BShadow's speed would be about 3.5/5 heads :4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::falcon: (lol brawl falcon only makes .5. . .
  4. Juggler. Most characters are a hybrid in this sense of judging how characters play, with everyone having a juggling game, just needing to figure out how BShadow would implement his combo juggling game is all.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Oh snap O_S is this round 3 / 4?!?!? Lets do this:

Ranked best to least is:

1. Bruiser. This would most likely be the first & best role BShadow would do from clone reasons of resembling Falcon, others agreeing with ganondorf's move-set carrying over to BShadow but most likely because he's Falcon but more buff, dangerous, & sinister. This beast is ready to bruise your stocks
  2. Resistor. BShadow has the characteristics to take a beating & still charge ahead unfazed so I'd rank resistor at #2 due to his own unique play-style involving some bull inspired attacks that would have built-in super armor possibly a dash charging grab for approaching.
  3. Speedster. BShadow surely wouldn't be as fast as Falcon but would off-set him a bit to match the ganondorf quota ;Slower than Falcon but far beyond more stronger. If Falcon's speed was 5/5 Falcon heads:4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon: then BShadow's speed would be about 3.5/5 heads :4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::falcon: (lol brawl falcon only makes .5. . .
  4. Juggler. Most characters are a hybrid in this sense of judging how characters play, with everyone having a juggling game, just needing to figure out how BShadow would implement his combo juggling game is all.
So, how would Black Shadow do against characters like :4tlink:?

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
So, how would Black Shadow do against characters like :4tlink:?
Unfortunately I don't have the sheer confidence of MatchUp discussion for BShadow versus Toon Link so. . .I can't give any MU advice =/. But BShadow would play similar to Falcon you just gotta think about the general MU between Bruiser versus Ranger/Zoner/Speedster.

D

Deleted member

Seems rather wasteful to make B. Shadow take one set of attacks of Captain Ganon and not the other.
I'd say, start with Ganondorf's moves except Flame Choke, F-Air, and F-Tilt (Sparta Kick).
Give modifications to those that not only work better on a competitive level, but also befit B. Shadow.

Even if some have to be taken out entirely such as U-Tilt (Volcano Kick).

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
Duh-da-da-DUH! Presenting a not-clone Black Shadow moveset.

Black Shadow

Character stats:

Weight:
7/10 (Similar to Ike, but just under Ganondorf)
Speed: 6/10 (Faster than Ike, slower than marth)
Height: 7/10 (Taller than Captain Falcon, shorter than Bowser)
Jumps: 2
Crawl: No
Wall jump: No

Normal Moves/Smashs/aerials/grab game:
Ill come up with these later. Hes just another human, after all.

Specials:

Standard:
Magic sphere. A chargeable sphere of magic that has different levels of power. When charging, direct contact will cause stun damage. (Similar to Lucario's Aura ball. His sphere is charged directly in front of him however, not centered like Lucario.) The power comes in 3 levels: Level one can be launched under 1.5 seconds of charging. Level 2 can be launched between 1.51 and 3 seconds of charging. Level 3 can be launched anytime after 3.01 seconds, in which he will stop and start to flash signaling a max power Magic sphere is ready. Any level of magic is savable by moving during charging. (Like Samus's Charge shot) When he shoots, his Magic sphere will appear in front of him, in which he smacks directly with a open palm. Moves at the same pace as the charge shot.

Magic sphere level info:

-A level 1 Magic sphere acts as a common magic projectile, causing a single hit. Stays a sphere while moving. Minor knockback with 6-10% damage based on level of charge.

-A level 2 Magic sphere is a Magic Constrictor. When shot, it becomes a beam of magic. When the beam comes in contact with an opponent, it is stunned by the beam for a 1/2 second, which constricts the opponent and racks up 12-16% based on level of charge before dispersing.

-A level 3 Magic sphere is the most powerful, becoming a blood clone beam. This sphere is launched as a beam, but is slightly faster and glows with more energy than the constrictor. When contacting an opponent will still stun and constrict them for 1/2 second, but only racks 10% damage. This time however the character is dimmed during that 1/2 second, and afterwards, a red-tinted clone comes of the back of the opponent's character doing a jump. This clone has all the abilities of a level 9 cpu, and will assist Black Shadow by fighting opponents for 6 seconds before fading out in a haze of magic. This clone however can be attacked, but only gets effected as 0% damage as its not actualy a competing character. However, the clone will disperse after racking up 50% of damage (not shown, obviously). Black Shadow can still charge another Magic Sphere when a clone is out, but if the same opponent is targeted, it wont work until the original clone is depleted, and will act as a Magic Constictor.

Side special: Shadow Bull Rush. This move is based off the idea that Captain Falcon creates a Falcon is his punch. Black Shadow sllightly hovers, and using secret magic powers, a shadowy representation of the front half of a bull is formed in front of him. He floats forward, with the shadow of the bull stampeding forward, smashing into opponents. Getting smashed by the bull causes 20-22% damage and a strong knockback. Black Shadow will float forward for about 3/4 second before waving his arm and having the shadow bull disperse. This move can cover about 3/4 the distance of Final Destination. If Black Shadow is hit during this attack, he will be triggered out of the attack, but the half shadow bull will still rush forward the remaining distance. If Shadow or the bull runs into a wall, it will crash into it then disperse.

Down Special: Shadow bombs. Black Shadow clearly has a thing for explosions. (Is he Michael Bay in disguise?) This move translates that into smash. He puts his palm towards the ground just in front of him, then a shadow circle appears on the ground. The circle has no height to it, its just a shadow of a circle. When stepped on, (which he vulnerable to too), the ground will explode, causing a above average knockback and 16-18% damage. Its basically Snake's Down Smash without the need to dig. Black Shadow only has the power to sustain one shadow bomb, so when used again, it will replace the original shadow bomb. If this move is done in the air, he creates a shadow orb. The orb will very slowly drift down untill it forms into the stage or floats off it. If you react fast enough, you can launch opponents into your floating orbs to increase your combos. A orb has the same properties as the circle, its just alot more visable.

Up special: Shifting Shadow: Black Shadow will literaly turn into a shadow (and even keeps whatever pose he was in), then has the ability to move freely in any direction for a 1/2 second. This recovery moves very quick, and can cover just a little less distance than Zelda's Teleport. He is invincible while a shadow, but he cant grab ledges out of the shadow. Black Shadow will do a flip kick out of the shadow, causing 8-10% damage and a below average knockback. He has a short float time in any direction after he exits his shadow, which allows him to grab ledges, but puts him in a helpless state after his flip kick is complete.

Final Smash: This can be a easy copy-paste of Captain Falcon's smash with the Black Bull, but lets be a little more original.

Deathborn Summon: Black Shadow yells out to his master Deathborn to assist him in battle! The screen dims, and Deathborn will appear above him in a huge sphere of energy, about the size of a car. Then he will start floating around and attacking the nearest enemy, in which Black Shadow is still controlable (like Pit's original final smash). He floats around at a moderate speed, ramming into opponents with his sphere of energy. Getting rammed by the sphere causes 18-22% damage and heavy knockback. When he approaches a opponent, he will occasionaly use a giant rod of energy to swing outside of his sphere with a huge horizontal slash about the length of 1/2 Final Destination. This move is incredibly deadly, causing 30-34% damage and rocket knockback. He will float around for 10 seconds before doing a vertical 360 energy rod slash and dissapearing in the process.​

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
The way I see it now in light the Lucina perfect clone possibility.

Black Shadow could either get Ganondorf's old move set should he obtain a new warlock/ sword move set.

OR

Become an alt costume for Falcon, which is kinda iffy, but still if these "perfect clones" are getting their own names, voices, animation variations, then maybe it's not so bad... Blood Falcon is probably very likely to be a "perfect clone".

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
The way I see it now in light the Lucina perfect clone possibility.

Black Shadow could either get Ganondorf's old move set should he obtain a new warlock/ sword move set.

OR

Become an alt costume for Falcon, which is kinda iffy, but still if these "perfect clones" are getting their own names, voices, animation variations, then maybe it's not so bad... Blood Falcon is probably very likely to be a "perfect clone".
At this point I'm down for Blood Falcon being the 'perfect clone' factor, or Black Shadow. Worst-case scenario that we don't get a 2nd F-Zero character to rep the dead franchise, Blood Falcon & Black Shadow could be alternate costumes but then sounds & would look out of place. Then again custom move-sets to resemble their 'unique' quality would suffice a bit.
Also I'm kind of okay with Black Shadow getting the hand-me-down move-set from ganon & spice it up with different specials, but I'd still prefer Black Shadow to get his own potential move-set.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
At this point I'm down for Blood Falcon being the 'perfect clone' factor, or Black Shadow. Worst-case scenario that we don't get a 2nd F-Zero character to rep the dead franchise, Blood Falcon & Black Shadow could be alternate costumes but then sounds & would look out of place. Then again custom move-sets to resemble their 'unique' quality would suffice a bit.
Also I'm kind of okay with Black Shadow getting the hand-me-down move-set from ganon & spice it up with different specials, but I'd still prefer Black Shadow to get his own potential move-set.
I thought perfect clones would get their own sounds, if they don't that's lame.
Imagine Lucina sounding like Marth. (If she would have remained a perfect clone)

I would hope if Sakurai was to go as far as to create a whole new model for just an alt costume that he would also include sounds, voice, names, announcers calling the correct name etc.

Just keeping all the fighting mechanics the same... size, hit box, dmg done and taken, movement speeds etc.

D

Deleted member

Lucina was literally going to be a Marth alt with different voice clips (like the WFTs and Robins) and her own name.

And then her sword was given different properties (which I personally speculate to have been an error that was kept in like how the Double Cherries came to be in SM3DW) and she was made her own character due to those properties affecting Marth's character records.

Black Shadow being an alt of Falcon (which makes no sense) would mean that literally nothing changes between him and Falcon aside from voiceclips and name.
So yeah, Black Shadow throwing Falcon Punches. Not shadowy "Bull Punches", Falcon Punches.

Blood Falcon, being a literal clone of Falcon, would make perfect sense as an alt. Though Falcon would need a new Red Team color.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Lucina was literally going to be a Marth alt with different voice clips (like the WFTs and Robins) and her own name.

And then her sword was given different properties (which I personally speculate to have been an error that was kept in like how the Double Cherries came to be in SM3DW) and she was made her own character due to those properties affecting Marth's character records.

Black Shadow being an alt of Falcon (which makes no sense) would mean that literally nothing changes between him and Falcon aside from voiceclips and name.
So yeah, Black Shadow throwing Falcon Punches. Not shadowy "Bull Punches", Falcon Punches.

Blood Falcon, being a literal clone of Falcon, would make perfect sense as an alt. Though Falcon would need a new Red Team color.
I'm sure it's possible if Black Shadow was an alt for Falcon they would make it shadowy when he punched.
Why create a completely new model as an alt but not edit some cosmetic effects.

D

Deleted member

I'm sure it's possible if Black Shadow was an alt for Falcon they would make it shadowy when he punched.
Why create a completely new model as an alt but not edit some cosmetic effects.
Changing fire to darkness is more than cosmetic. It's changing the effect the attack uses, which causes more changes than you think.

Last edited by a moderator:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Changing fire to darkness is more than cosmetic. It's changing the effect the attack uses, which causes more changes than you think.
if the fire has a damage radius, yeah. but it if doesn't then no.

if the punch only damages at a certain point and the rest is visual flare, than nbd.

Otherwise you can just create a shadowy bull to fill in the space.

Easiest way to explain it is think of the skeleton that makes up the model for that attack.
Certain parts of the skeleton cause damage, others don't and are just "smoke".
You create a smaller bull skin place it within the falcon skin.
Anything not covered by the bull you fill in with shadowy effect.

That way mechanic wise... it's all the same, same amount of skeletal space used, same damage radius/ hit boxes etc.

MMO's due this all the time.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

if the fire has a damage radius, yeah. but it if doesn't then no.

if the punch only damages at a certain point and the rest is visual flare, than nbd.

Otherwise you can just create a shadowy bull to fill in the space.
So you mean literally like this:

Where the effect is still fire, not darkness, but the falcon is replaced by a pinkish-purple bull.

That makes more sense, but the concept of Black Shadow being an alt is still a stupid idea.

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
I think if he were to be cloned/cosmeticaly costumed, his punch should be a explosion rather than a bull or falcon. Not a Super Powered dark magic Ganon punch, but explodes at the tip of his fist, rewarding players for pinpointing their punches while channelling Black Shadow's love to blow things up. His Falcon... er, Bull kick, should be a shadow bull charging forward however. It would look tons better with the long-distance kick than just a bull coming out of his fist.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Yeah like that but I have no idea how the attack is programmed I imagine it's simple where it's like a frontal cone damage box.
So I can't say for sure.

Yeah it's a dumb idea, but idk dumb stuff happens.

Edit--------------------------------

"bull punch"? "bull kick"?

I mean i'm all for visual flavour but I hope he shouts shadow punch or shadow kick instead.

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Just posted this in Ganondorf thread:

What I'd really like to see happen (Because Ganondorf should not be a clone):

Newcomer: Black Shadow. 2nd F-Zero Rep
Takes Ganondorf's old moveset.

Ganondorf gets a new, original moveset.

I honestly think this would satisfy most people. Because there are a lot of people who like how Ganondorf currently plays and would miss that moveset/style... but even they tend to admit that it's BS that he's a clone. Black Shadow (Also BS? Lol) would make a lot more sense to be a Falcon clone but with evil flavoring like Ganondorf has.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Just posted this in Ganondorf thread:

What I'd really like to see happen (Because Ganondorf should not be a clone):

Newcomer: Black Shadow. 2nd F-Zero Rep
Takes Ganondorf's old moveset.

Ganondorf gets a new, original moveset.

I honestly think this would satisfy most people. Because there are a lot of people who like how Ganondorf currently plays and would miss that moveset/style... but even they tend to admit that it's BS that he's a clone. Black Shadow (Also BS? Lol) would make a lot more sense to be a Falcon clone but with evil flavoring like Ganondorf has.
I think this is how most people feel. Black Shadow would fit perfectly as a clone, Ganondorf simply does not. If the Zelda series is considered as a possible contender for getting a new playable rep, surely its a possible contender for getting Ganondorf decloned.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
So you mean literally like this:

Where the effect is still fire, not darkness, but the falcon is replaced by a pinkish-purple bull.

That makes more sense, but the concept of Black Shadow being an alt is still a stupid idea.
There were rare cases when moves especially special moves were hybrid, more than one type of a based attack, or were considered a type of based attack on it's own but wasn't considered any other type of based attack at all.
The prime examples I'm talking about is Electric, Explosion, Darkness, & Fire.
According to the stickers from SSE, :ganondorf: had Electric, Darkness, & Explosives type attacks, his UpB being explosive, electric, & darkness all in one. Other moves can be examples such as: :ganondorf:'s Up tilt had an explosion hit-box at the end but wasn't considered Fire or Darkness, & most explosions were considered as or were a fire-based attack(s). :ganondorf: didn't have a single Fire-based attack but I feel BlackShadow will have a hybrid of Darkness & Fire, and NOT because of the anime's "
BLACK FIRE!" :laugh:.
What do you guys think Black Shadow will have as far as based-type attacks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom