• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WATASHI WA SHINEN! SHINENZUUU!: A Black Shadow Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
If F-Zero ever gets a second rep, Black Shadow would be the guy. Just give him Ganondorf's old moveset and he would be set.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
If F-Zero ever gets a second rep, Black Shadow would be the guy.
Definitely for reasons that are obvious that Smash games are lackluster of: Antagonists, F-Zero representation, etc.. What do you guys think about (dare I say anything that isn't B. Shadow or is an Antagonist...) Phoenix? Threw the guy out there to get any quick response is all.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
If F-Zero ever gets a second rep, Black Shadow would be the guy. Just give him Ganondorf's old moveset and he would be set.
He can take all of his moveset except Flame Choke.
That move belongs to the real dark lord.

Definitely for reasons that are obvious that Smash games are lackluster of: Antagonists, F-Zero representation, etc.. What do you guys think about (dare I say anything that isn't B. Shadow or is an Antagonist...) Phoenix? Threw the guy out there to get any quick response is all.
Phoenix is cool as hell.
My favourite F Zero character, though, is no other than #1, Mighty Gazelle <3
Not only does he look awesome in a retro-anime-cyborg way, but his Background Story is just plain awesome, and touching as well.

For those who are interested in MG's background:
Originally the Gazelle was a photographer of 3D pictures where he earned a lucrative career on the pictures. In his off time he would play video games with kids from his neighborhood. He had always been particularly good at the piloting games and decided to try the real thing. Surprisingly enough he soon qualified for F-Zero races and began racing in them alongside such legends as Captain Falcon and Dr. Stewart .
A sad twist to his luck was his near-death in the Horrific Grand Finale. He was nearly killed and the only way to save him was to completely rebuild him into a cyborg. Cyber Stick, inc. rebuilt him from the ground up, leaving little of the man he once was. When his fiancé came and saw him, she was so horrified by the cyborg implants that she ran from the hospital in tears and he never saw her again.
With nothing left in his life, the Mighty Gazelle announced he would return to the Grand Prix after it had been changed to the F-Zero X. His participation has caused many protests, possibly due to the unfair advantage his mechanical parts give him. Mostly though it is because he has once again become a legitimate contender for the championship. Despite his increased skills, he still lost to Captain Falcon in the first Grand Prix of
F-Zero X . He has since spent his time analyzing his past races to fine-tune his reflexes.
Living only for F-Zero, he ignores the complaints of those who oppose his race participation -- no protest would make him skip a race. Because he is a cyborg, he has been able to polish his racing skills without fear of death. Through analysis of his past races, he has fine-tuned all of his reflex-related components.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

On the subject of Flame Choke, I'm conflicted.

If Ganondorf is getting a full revamp to where he won't have it anymore, then sure, give it to B. Shadow.
Otherwise, have Ganondorf keep it and give B. Shadow something else (like a Bull Rush).

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
It'd be kewl if he had a a counter -- just not any counter, though.
The first ever counter against grabs and Grab Moves.
Obviously, unlike normal counters, it'd be really, really hard to nail this move in a competitive battle, but it'd pay off big time once you do.
BS would put the opponent in a deadly Grapple State that'd allow him to use a High Damaging pummel, as well High Damaging Attack Throws with huge knockback.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Moves that are extremely high risk with potentially high reward end up being pointless.

Last edited by a moderator:

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
I really would want Black Shadow in...Even if he is a clone character. I just want another F-Zero character. :(

Mishudo

Smash Journeyman
To be blunt, I don't expect him at all, but I would love this character to finally fill in the long-needed 2nd spot/villain character of F-Zero. Ever since seeing ideas from the anime, such as his chains and psychic(?) abilities, he would be an amazing, unique, badass character. Even if it was for cliché, Bull punch all the way haha

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I read up on an F-Zero Wiki about B. Shadow and it turned out he acquired his abilities from a Witch Doctor though Idk who it was but B. Shadow also had great malice towards C. Falcon for turning in that said Witch Doctor soon after his gain of new abilities.

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
My opinion is everyone's opinion.

Just give him Ganondorf's moveset so that Ganondorf can have moves related to himself and Black Shadow can take the F-Zero related one. Then I'll support.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
BS moveset:
He keeps all of Ganon's old moves, except Jab & side B.

Jab Combo: A quick punch followed by a Head Thrust with the horns hitting the foe. 3%, 8%.
Lats hit sends them up and away with better than average knockback for a jab.

sideB: Bull Truck - BS charges towards the opponent with lowered horns. If they are hit, BS takes them for a small ride on his horns before he shoves them up and away with low/medium, set knockback. Does 13% damage.
Good for setting up edgeguards.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
BS moveset:
He keeps all of Ganon's old moves, except Jab & side B.

Jab Combo: A quick punch followed by a Head Thrust with the horns hitting the foe. 3%, 8%.
Lats hit sends them up and away with better than average knockback for a jab.

sideB: Bull Truck - BS charges towards the opponent with lowered horns. If they are hit, BS takes them for a small ride on his horns before he shoves them up and away with low/medium, set knockback. Does 13% damage.
Good for setting up edgeguards.
how about for the sideB BS taking them for a small ride against his dome in between the horns? Wanted to make it less violent for the kids:shades:.........But I want horn stabbing ride to the air

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
It's interesting that we have yet to see Black Shadow in one form or another. Will he be just a mere trophy in Smash 4?

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
It's interesting that we have yet to see Black Shadow in one form or another. Will he be just a mere trophy in Smash 4?
This has nothing to do with B. Shadow unless you count his machine but the Black Bull was a F-zero machine you could stand & fight on top of the track in the Big Blue stage in Melee & in Brawl when the Big Blue stage carried over. The Black Bull also appeared in Mute City stage (Melee) & in Port Town Aero Dive stage (Brawl) because both stages featured all 30 F-Zero machines racing on those tracks / stages.
Now as far as B. Shadow himself he's a trophy that showcases his machine in the background, & as a usable sticker in Brawl for SSE. His appearances are building up more & more I'm ready for his evil F-zero lordship to darken the fray. Also B. Shadow's machine Black Bull is #30 in the racers from the past stages.
Finally no I'm thinking he'll be more than a trophy to display :shades:

(I'm 90% confident in my post someone let me know if I'm incorrect somewhere)

Last edited:

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
Ignoring the leak for a second

I have high doubts of B.S being in just for the sake of Ganondorf getting a new move set. But in his own right for being unique? Absolutely. They both are completely different in every way except being big baddies. And from a designers point of view, it's creative suicide. You're essentially going back to square one where you started.

Ganondorf can get a new moveset without Black Shadow getting in. And if he is in, the only thing possible is Black Shadow himself getting an innovative move set. He deserves better, just like Wario deserved better. Maybe it's a good thing in the end that he doesn't get in, just for the fact people want him take G-dorfs moveset.

D

Deleted member

This has nothing to do with B. Shadow unless you count his machine but the Black Bull was a F-zero machine you could stand & fight on top of the track in the Big Blue stage in Melee & in Brawl when the Big Blue stage carried over. The Black Bull also appeared in Mute City stage (Melee) & in Port Town Aero Dive stage (Brawl) because both stages featured all 30 F-Zero machines racing on those tracks / stages.
Now as far as B. Shadow himself he's a trophy that showcases his machine in the background, & as a usable sticker in Brawl for SSE. His appearances are building up more & more I'm ready for his evil F-zero lordship to darken the fray. Also B. Shadow's machine Black Bull is #30 in the racers from the past stages.
Finally no I'm thinking he'll be more than a trophy to display :shades:

(I'm 90% confident in my post someone let me know if I'm incorrect somewhere)
I'm pretty sure True Blue Warrior is referring to Smash 4 specifically.

D

Deleted member

Ignoring the leak for a second

I have high doubts of B.S being in just for the sake of Ganondorf getting a new move set. But in his own right for being unique? Absolutely. They both are completely different in every way except being big baddies. And from a designers point of view, it's creative suicide. You're essentially going back to square one where you started.

Ganondorf can get a new moveset without Black Shadow getting in. And if he is in, the only thing possible is Black Shadow himself getting an innovative move set. He deserves better, just like Wario deserved better. Maybe it's a good thing in the end that he doesn't get in, just for the fact people want him take G-dorfs moveset.
No one's arguing that Ganondorf can't get a new moveset without B. Shadow taking the old one.

However, (ignoring the botched style Brawl gave) people like Ganondorf's moveset. Just not on Ganondorf.
It makes much more sense for Black Shadow to be cloned from Falcon than it does Ganondorf due to B. Shadow being from the same franchise and the moves themselves being inspired by actions in an F-Zero machine much like Fox's moves being inspired by Arwing actions (which is why Falco and Wolf share similar specials with him).

Yes, B. Shadow has his various powers, though he can still have them while taking things like the Warlock Punch and Wizard's Foot. Hell, they don't have to be exact replicas of Ganondorf's versions; they can function similarly but be given a B. Shadow twist (such as lunging with his horns instead of a flying kick or a move like Akuma's Tatsumaki Zankukyaku to represent the Black Fire technique of the Black Bull in the anime canon).

And I may be a Black Shadow fan, but he doesn't compare to Wario in terms of deserving "better". Ganondorf does, though.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
A spinning attack would actually make sense to put on BS, since he plays dirty and uses the Spin Attack a lot in the game(s). I can imagine a combination of Wizkick and Luigi Cyclone, where his shoulders or horns are used to attack.

D

Deleted member

A spinning attack would actually make sense to put on BS, since he plays dirty and uses the Spin Attack a lot in the game(s). I can imagine a combination of Wizkick and Luigi Cyclone, where his shoulders or horns are used to attack.
I was actually thinking of having the spin kick (Black Fire) be Down Special while Side Special be a horn rushing technique similar to 2nd Form Frieza's Death Fork technique.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
My bad @ True Blue Warrior True Blue Warrior my last post was just rambling about his past form of appearances. If worst-case scenario for B. Shadow's doesn't become a playable character in the finalized SSB4 roster, he'd most likely be an AssistTrophy as a next best-case or a DLC chracter at a later date. Sakurai wanted to add in as much AT's as he can so I see that happening.

As for the the spinning attack idea I second that, (the spinning on the tracks was ridiculous...) It should have a representation of Darkness & Fire combination to his specials / smashes & throws that'd only make him less clone-like. How would B. Shadow's 3rd jump recover?

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
I am among the "Free Ganondorf" camp. Give Ganny a new moveset, let Black Shadow fill his old shoes.

That said, there is absolutely no reason to not give him new moves just because he is filling an old fighting style. Maintain the feel of a slow-moving, heavy-weight, humanoid bruiser with really powerful attacks of a reasonable speed. Just need to emulate the attacks that were important for the fighting style, like the u-air. He is still every way his own man with his own animations, design, etc.

Last edited:

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
btw, is there any picture of BS unmasked? If not - who do you think he resembles?

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I can imagine B.S having some M. Bison in him. Mainly the Psycho Crusher and Devil's Reverse.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Well, if Nintendo would've pulled theirs thumbs out of their ***** sooner, and announched a new F-zero, I'd have really high hopes for a new F-zero Rep.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
yeah...... We should spam Sakurai's inbox with the Falcon Punch YT meme video to give him an idea :falcon:. Falcon needs his antagonist 'king of all evil'.

Edit: on that topic about Nintendo derping n slurping over F-zero WiiU/3DS (IMO IDK if 3DS can handle that speed of FPS...) all they could of done was have online racing like MK8 and bam. Okay maybe more characters like Rick Wheeler & that one racer who's acquainted with Samurai Goroh...forget her name but she drives the Emerald Panzer. I'd be all over that B. Shadow would too.

Last edited:

StrangeTamer

Smash Cadet
Even though I don't have high hopes for him, I believe if he did get in he would likely be like Wolf was in Brawl; a secret character that adds a rep to his series
And since every game has a few clone characters this could be the guy
The main thing going against him is F-Zero's loss of relevancy, but hey who knows maybe they'll make a special trailer that reveals both Falcon and Shadow at once (in-game and not revealed within these last 2 months of course)

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
This shouldn't be a reason why he could be in SSB4 but omg this character has potential. @GoldenYuiitusin you should add his ability to call forth his own F-Zero machine & literally summon it to his bidding, into your OP for his super powers. I just watched Falcon Densetsu & he calls it forth Episode 26: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CrbaZQiKnk at 4:44. That's some serious assist potential.

D

Deleted member

I didn't think it was worth mentioning since Captain Falcon does the same in Smash.
I figured he would obviously call upon in to do his bidding for his Final Smash like Falcon does.

Last edited by a moderator:

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
The knee of justice has returned!

Time to revamp my hopes for more F-Zero representation. Black Shadow is clearly the only real chioce for another playable slot. Thankfully Goroh is already a trophy, as along with Lucina, Robin, and presumably Meta Knight, we already have plenty of blade users.

Black Shadow however still has plenty of uniqueness going for him. Heres to hoping for a 2nd F-Zero rep!

D

Deleted member

Yup, now that we got Falcon, it opens up possibilities for B. Shadow indeed.

....though at the same time, Falcon himself was kind of portrayed as villainous in Lucina's/Robin's trailer. What's up with that? Takin' B. Shadow's thunder now, Falcon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom