• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vote Wonder Red! - Wonder-Red's Last Stand?! Final Days of the Fighter Ballot

Blade Knight

Smash Ace
Very wonderfully said! You took the words right out of everybody's mouths I'm sure.

Last edited:

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
I think one key mechanic for Wonder Red would have his Neutral B be something similar to the Monado. Not in the sense that it changes modes, but it enhances his basic attacks, increasing their reach and power.

So, instead of holding down the B button, you mash it until he gets some Wonderful Ones to bolster his fist and permit him a temporary boost to attack power and reach. Basic one would give him enough to do a decent and fair amount, with customs potentially adding further niche to the mix.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I think one key mechanic for Wonder Red would have his Neutral B be something similar to the Monado. Not in the sense that it changes modes, but it enhances his basic attacks, increasing their reach and power.

So, instead of holding down the B button, you mash it until he gets some Wonderful Ones to bolster his fist and permit him a temporary boost to attack power and reach. Basic one would give him enough to do a decent and fair amount, with customs potentially adding further niche to the mix.
That's actually a fairly interesting idea. But what would be a good limit for the amount? I'd say around five.

Blade Knight

Smash Ace
I put up my summary and reasons why. A bit hastily, as I'm in crunch time from finals but I hope it gets the point across.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
So, I was sitting around yesterday and thinking about how great the characters in The Wonderful 101 are, and I realized that, as amazing as the Wonderful Ones are, nobody really pays them any attention. They're kinda like extras to players. They don't have an impact on the game's storyline at all, and their only purpose is to permanently increase your Unite Morph's attack power. They're just, y'know, there. So, I decided that I wanted to bring them to people's attention somehow, and I figured that I'd make a survey to see what the community's favorite minor Wonderful Ones are.

Here's the link.

The survey should only take a few minutes to complete, and I would greatly appreciate your input. I intend to repost this survey on other sites in order to optimize my results, and I want to get as many people to take the survey as I can! So, of you have a couple of spare minutes, please consider taking my survey. Once again, your input is greatly appreciated! Once I feel like I've gotten appropriate results, I'll tell you guys what they are. Thanks!

So, I was sitting around yesterday and thinking about how great the characters in The Wonderful 101 are, and I realized that, as amazing as the Wonderful Ones are, nobody really pays them any attention. They're kinda like extras to players. They don't have an impact on the game's storyline at all, and their only purpose is to permanently increase your Unite Morph's attack power. They're just, y'know, there. So, I decided that I wanted to bring them to people's attention somehow, and I figured that I'd make a survey to see what the community's favorite minor Wonderful Ones are.

Here's the link.

The survey should only take a few minutes to complete, and I would greatly appreciate your input. I intend to repost this survey on other sites in order to optimize my results, and I want to get as many people to take the survey as I can! So, of you have a couple of spare minutes, please consider taking my survey. Once again, your input is greatly appreciated! Once I feel like I've gotten appropriate results, I'll tell you guys what they are. Thanks!
missing wonder poseman. :(
relevant avi

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301

Here's the link.

Great idea! That was a lot of fun, results should be interesting, thanks for sharing~

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408

Here's the link.

Voted for Pâtisserie, Voodoo, Medicine, PC, Money, Rabbit, and Ghost, with Rabbit being my overall favorite.
Wonder-Scarf is probably my favorite overall if everyone was included.

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
They're all great. Although Wonder Viewtiful, Wonder Dante, and Wonder Raiden should be things if we ever get a sequel.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Just to clarify, the reason I didn't include the secret Wonderful Ones was because all of them are either characters with a significant impact on the story, characters from another PlatinumGames/Clover Studios game, or, in one case, an actual, well-known person in real life. I didn't feel like those characters were very minor, simply because most people will know who they are. Also, because their Unite Morphs always have an extra ability, players that unlock them probably set them as Team Leader most of the time. Because of all that, I decided that they weren't quite minor enough to make it onto my survey. Maybe that's just me, though.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Oh wow that is the same sound P-Star makes. Thanks recycled public domain beep boops.
Are you sure it's not just another reference to Viewtiful Joe? I mean, we've already got Wonder-Cheerleader, Poseman and countless other miscellaneous shoutouts to Viewtiful Joe in the game. What if this is just one more?

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Well it is a generic noise more then anything else. It could easily be a refference though since The Wonderful 101 is a game filled with those.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Have I ever mentioned before that Wonder Red is in my top 10 supported characters (top 5 actually) currently? If so, Id like to take a moment to request being put on the support list.

Also, since I saw a discussion on his/the Wonderful Ones' mechanics earlier on this page, I've always felt as though re-creating the Wonder Liner would be interesting to see. I imagine pressing B and doing quick rotations or drawing small lines with the control stick shouldn't be too rough and would emulate swapping between the different Unite forms in the game.

One day, I'll probably sit down and write something up, I've always felt as though the W101 could present Smash with the single most unique character(s) combat in the series' history so maybe I should expand on that.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I just beat Wonderful 101 for the first time. This game did NOT deserve to bomb. It is absolutely one of the best games on the Wii U. I was okay with Wonder Red in Smash before, now I'm a supporter!

So anyone have high hopes for an e3 wonderful 102 announcement?

Personally im not but im a pessimist/realist so im not the best example.

Scalebound doesnt even seem to have a release date :/ maybe someone else will pick up the reigns but that is doubtful at best.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Hey everyone sorry for not being on. I've been busy as of late. So anyway, i'm currently working on the twitter page. Is there any of you that wish to join in and help work on it? Just send a PM and i'll give you it. The only requirement is that you need to be a Wonder Red supporter of course.

Top Bottom