• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vote Wonder Red! - Wonder-Red's Last Stand?! Final Days of the Fighter Ballot

D

Deleted member

Oh yeah, can't wait for his Mii Costume :'^)
I wouldn't mind a Mii Costume though, it's better than nothing

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
If Wonder Red doesn't make it in, I'll be sad but yeah, I'd be okay with a Mii Costume, even if it could never be an adequate substitute.

A little Wonder Mask would be cool to buy as well, then I can make all of my Mii fighters Wonderful Ones.

Wonder Gato

Smash Rookie
If that's what we got, it'd be cool if we got Red, Blue and Green's Centinel suits as Mii costumes. That would cover the Brawler, Swordfighter and Gunner Miis and Red, Blue and Green are the ones that have voiced parts in the theme song, haha.

D

Deleted member

If that's what we got, it'd be cool if we got Red, Blue and Green's Centinel suits as Mii costumes. That would cover the Brawler, Swordfighter and Gunner Miis and Red, Blue and Green are the ones that have voiced parts in the theme song, haha.
I would prefer if it was like this
>Wonder Mask as headgear
>Wonder Jacket as outfit
>Wonder Jacket can be worn by any Mii class
>Changes color to match the Mii's favorite
>Each color matches the respective Wonderful One
>Swordfighter gets the Valiantium Blade
>Gunner gets the Christine Daaé

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I have a feeling that we may be getting Mii Fighter costumes for the Wonder-Ones.

But i'll be happy either way. I just want more people to learn about The Wonderful 101.

TheTaoDragon

Smash Apprentice
I have a feeling that we may be getting Mii Fighter costumes for the Wonder-Ones.

But i'll be happy either way. I just want more people to learn about The Wonderful 101.
Honestly, given all the support he's been getting, it's not too far off of an assumption that Red could be fully playable. Seriously, it's not hard to come up with a creative moveset for him!

It's just a matter of Sakurai noticing the support for him. And considering that he went to such lengths to show the Wonder Red trophy in the Pic of the Day series, it's not unlikely that he too liked how W101 ended up.

...and there you have me again, forever the optimist.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well, we did get a Lloyd costume solely based off his Smash requests
And we got Black Knight that despite being popular in FE fandom, isn't even talked about in regards to Smash
Now put these two things together and you get...
Let me dream while I'm awake

D

Deleted member

This won't count as a double post, right?
Anyways, I can't believe I forgot to do this before but
https://m.facebook.com/WonderEyesRed
This is a Wonder Red fan page that has been doing a "101 reasons Wonder Red should be added"
He's doing it to raise support, by using these reasons(also useful in arguments ;^)) to convince people of, well, why Wonder Red is a great choice for Smash, and I believe it can work, I mean, ****, there are going to be 101 total reasons.
May not make him get in through the ballot but can still raise awareness and popularity
Spread the word or something, I dunno
It's just a great page in general though

Also, requesting a thread title change
Something more flashy and stylist!
Or whatever you want, but I think it's kinda generic right now

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
This won't count as a double post, right?
Anyways, I can't believe I forgot to do this before but
https://m.facebook.com/WonderEyesRed
This is a Wonder Red fan page that has been doing a "101 reasons Wonder Red should be added"
He's doing it to raise support, by using these reasons(also useful in arguments ;^)) to convince people of, well, why Wonder Red is a great choice for Smash, and I believe it can work, I mean, ****, there are going to be 101 total reasons.
May not make him get in through the ballot but can still raise awareness and popularity
Spread the word or something, I dunno
It's just a great page in general though

Also, requesting a thread title change
Something more flashy and stylist!
Or whatever you want, but I think it's kinda generic right now
I mean it will, since you, you know, double posted. But anyway, I also request a title change for the last days of the ballot. Something very dramatic action movie-y.

Oh the finality of it all from the title. I am not at all confident at Red's chances but it takes a true hero to fight against the odds. Let's hope for something good. . .even if it is a mii costume it means immortalization in smash bros.

And I feel it's fitting to link this. . .one last time

D

Deleted member

With my luck, we won't even get a Costume just because I would be okay with it :'^)

But I'll remain hopeful
And Wonderful

AuraTH

Smash Rookie
Sincerely hope that Wonder-Red will make it in Smash. 2 days remain on the ballot, but who knows when we will find out?

D

Deleted member

Quoting Platinum Games
"Hope you all had a Wonderful 10/1"
Oh yeah, and I hope to have a Wonderful 10/3 if you know what I mean ;^)

Well it's our final operation. . . cast my last vote
UNIIIIITE MORPH. Wonder Red, leader of the Wonderful 100 for the second operation against GEATHJERK. He has many unique moves from his various possible unite morphs from claws, to time-bending bombs, to a whip and of course his signature Unite Hand. Plus he has other moves like Unite Ball, Unite Glider, Unite spring and Unite Tombstone. There is nothing mild-mannered about this hero.
(even if I dont think it matters at this point)

also there is this

Last edited:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Even if Wonder Red doesn't make it in due to the ballot, I still wanna say that I'm glad that, partly through Smashboards, I decided to pick up The Wonderful 101 and play it for myself, and as a result run into one of my favorite games ever made. Just, what an amazing ride from beginning to end, man. It's such a shame his game and Wonder Red himself aren't more popular due to external factors like Nintendo not making enough physical copies and barely promoting it, or that people find the game too hard for them.

Support for him in the ballot might have been drastically increased as a result, and we can only hope Wonder Red somehow makes it in, but if not then oh well. Perhaps next time. Wonder Red would never give up just because he missed a chance, and neither will his fans who want him in Smash.

I posted this somewhere but not here for. . .some reason.

I really hope that Nintendo uses the ballot for more than just smash. Essentially making it possible that Nintendo would see the huge outpouring of Wonder Red votes early on and think that maybe an audience for the series exists. And then they make another one with better advertisements on a better selling system. It's a pipe dream though.

Good thing the W101 Live on dreams!

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Hey, all you Wonderful Ones! I've been absent a lot recently, in case you haven't noticed, mostly because, as fantastic as Smash 4 is, I've slowly moved out of it and into other, more recent games, like Super Mario Maker. Fear not: I still play Smash regularly, but the info drought and lack of changes to my main, Mewtwo, have sort of alienated me from SmashBoards, and I dropped into a period of inactivity a little while ago. Heck, I haven't visited the Mewtwo board in who knows how long! Anyway, I just wanted to drop by and reassure everyone here that I'm still alive, that I still fully support Wonder-Red, and that I'm still optimistic towards his inclusion, even on the Ballot's final day. In the unfortunate event of Red's absence, Mii Costumes of the Wonderful Ones would rock, and they'd certainly beat no TW101 content at all. Perhaps, in a perfect world, we'd even get both! Anyways, we'll know soon enough, won't we? Stay Wonderful, guys! I actually still replay The Wonderful 101 on occasion, and Wonder-Red getting into Smash 4 via DLC would totally get me out of this absence-funk! TW101's boss fights never get old, especially Jergingha...

Also, the new SmashBoards design is pretty sweet! I know I'm late to the party on this, but I really like it, especially on mobile. Oh, and that Wonder-Red render is... Well, Wonderful:laugh:! I love it. Kudos to whomever the original artist is!

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Well, guys, it's over. Looks like we need to wait this out for now and see if it's our time to shine..

Farewell, all of you.
Aww... That delicate theme combined with the awesome credits always gets me. *sniff* You're gonna make me cry! Besides, this isn't a sad ending! This is a courageous, heroic one. Try this credits theme instead! :p

Last edited:

Wonder Gato

Smash Rookie
The results are finally here:, tag me so I can hear your thoughts!
http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/10/08/sgpollingresults1/
I'm actually kind of surprised by his placement and some of the characters he ranked above, specifically Rayman, Layton, Krystal and Bandana Dee. He's not even far behind characters that have significant community pushes like Shantae and Shovel Knight. Being in the top 15 is kind of amazing really, ranking even above fellow Platinum character Bayonetta, who is significantly more well known. I never expected Chibi Robo to actually be that high either, which is cool to see.

I know that the poll is just a subset of the Smash community, but it's still really interesting to see how these characters rank.

Wonder Red is weird in that he has some incredibly strong support among certain communities but at the same time, is mostly unknown publicly.

I'm actually kind of surprised by his placement and some of the characters he ranked above, specifically Rayman, Layton, Krystal and Bandana Dee. He's not even far behind characters that have significant community pushes like Shantae and Shovel Knight. Being in the top 15 is kind of amazing really, ranking even above fellow Platinum character Bayonetta, who is significantly more well known. I never expected Chibi Robo to actually be that high either, which is cool to see.

I know that the poll is just a subset of the Smash community, but it's still really interesting to see how these characters rank.

Wonder Red is weird in that he has some incredibly strong support among certain communities but at the same time, is mostly unknown publicly.
There are 2 problems here.
1. This is a poll of the most hardcore fans, where Wonder Red is at his best (because of poor sales) naturally he will do better here than on the ballot
2. There is the fact that even though he is 14th, he doesn't have the 14th highest number of 5s. Layton, Dee, Krystal, 4th Mii (vomit), Ridkey, Waluigi, Tetra, Squirtle, and Paper Mario all have more 5s And since the ballot would care more for votes then the general feeling towards a character, it looks better than it actually is.

This poll measures how the fanbase would feel if they were added more than actual data of who was voted for unfortunately.
/pesemism

Wonder Gato

Smash Rookie
I'm aware of the issues with the poll; I alluded to that with saying that it was just a subset of the Smash community. Despite that, it's still surprising that Wonder Red ranked that high considering the general invisibility of the Wonderful 101. The fact that he scored higher in general than characters with fanbases many times larger is interesting to see.

I don't think looking at just the number of 5s is really that fair, because that isn't the point of the poll and the way it was set up, it would be totally misleading to just look at the 5s. It is measuring the general feeling of these characters inclusion among a select group of Smash fans.

Take Layton, for example. He doesn't really have a significantly higher number of 5s over Red and they have around the same number of 1s (people who aren't considering them at all). But Red does have a much higher number of 4s than Layton meaning that people who know both would most likely consider him over Layton. Of course, you have to take the number of votes into account as well, but I'm sure that's why the poll has the scoring system it has.

I don't think this poll is meant to be a predictor of who is going to "win" the ballot, which is another totally unknowable thing. For all we know, the number of votes in the official ballot won't really be that big of a deciding factor, we won't know until the announce who made it in. Sakurai will most likely do whatever the heck he wants to do.

Like, if K. Rool doesn't make it in then I'll be totally convinced that quantity of votes didn't matter. If Wonder Red made it in, that would confirm that sheer numbers didn't matter and that Sakurai is just a rebel. :laugh:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
really i think it makes sense for to be above all of them especially platinum characters not co owned by nintendo

Wonder Gato

Smash Rookie
really i think it makes sense for to be above all of them especially platinum characters not co owned by nintendo
Well, I just meant in terms of relative popularity. In terms of Platinum, Bayonetta is way more well known than The Wonderful 101, as are the series almost all of of those other characters are from. Though I do really think that as a Platinum/Nintendo rep, Wonder Red makes more sense than Bayo.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Starting a new playthrough. Just realized you can have multiple Unite Morphs on the battlefield at the same time. :facepalm:
Yeah I know it's mentioned early in the game, but I guess I missed it the first time I played it... hopefully it'll help me doing a better playthrough than the first time.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Top Bottom