• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vote Wonder Red! - Wonder-Red's Last Stand?! Final Days of the Fighter Ballot

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
He's a troll and trustworthy. Kamiya is a contradiction except when he yells at people. He's a meme now.
The only controversy about his tweets was him getting mad about people constantly buggering him for all the details and a release date for Star Fox after he said he'd like to work on the franchise

This post is basically an unhappy Kamiya in a nutshell.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Um... Guys?
I honestly don't know what to think of this. It looks a lot like the original Vanquish, so I doubt that it's a mid-development screenshot, but it still worries me. I mean, we've got Kamiya teasing The Wonderful 102, but, at the same time, we've got this going on, as well. I suppose it could just be a joke that has no relevance to the upcoming game, but I don't know...
I really want The Wonderful 102 to be a thing.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Another shooter? Gee, like we haven't seen a game of that genre confirmed at E3 before. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Dammit. Either a gritty reboot or Vanquish. What does Vanquish have to do with 'oh my god' and red anyway?
Well, that's the way I'm thinking, as well. Those two quotes, as far as I'm concerned, have absolutely nothing to do with Vanquish. So, it's possible that they made a joke about Vanquish's Boost mechanic just to be funny, and that that Tweet has nothing to do with the upcoming announcement. Plus, we've also got Kamiya teasing The Wonderful 102 at the exact same time. I know I'm pretty much grasping at straws now, but I think I might have a point. I mean, I wouldn't hold my breath or anything, but still...
Never lose hope, right, guys?

Like I said this is why you dont listen to the hints.

every single one contradicts the other. Just wait and watch. We know platinum will make it great no matter what.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Fair enough and the post had been changed to match the right genre.

But that still doesn't mean that the video game market hadn't been flooded with shooters (first or third person) these days.
While this is true, most people wouldn't call Vanquish your average Shooter. It has a unique mechanic called "Boosting," and it's apparently much more fast-paced and rewarding than other Shooters. I haven't played it, but, if you'd like to read more about it, then this would probably be a good place to start.

All that said, I'd still rather have The Wonderful 102, though.

Last edited:

TheTaoDragon

Smash Apprentice
remember when i said ignore all of the twitter shenanigans?

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/06/13/platinumgames-are-developing-a-transformers-brawler/

I was right
There's literally no way Platinum could have been hyping this. This is underwhelming AF.
And also, since it happened today: With Roy and Ryu now potentially out of the way (we'll see tomorrow whether the leaker was correct in that they'll release tomorrow), do you guys think it's possible for Red to be revealed on Tuesday?

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Hmm. I think we'll just have to wait and see. But i don't think Wonder Red will be revealed. There's a lot of reveals happening right now.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So it isn't a new IP or sequel, but a game based on a tarnished franchise and published by the one responsible for the Call of Duty fads.

Move along folks, nothing fantastic to see here.
It's a game where giant robots beat the **** out of each other and turn into vehicles. Its not what I wanted but I know Platinum can make this great.

best not to judge it before we see more than screenshots.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It's a game where giant robots beat the **** out of each other and turn into vehicles. Its not what I wanted but I know Platinum can make this great.

best not to judge it before we see more than screenshots.
Michael Bay's horrible movies were stuck in my mind to the point of hating anything with Transformers. But Prime and Animated were at least great when I've seen glimpses of them, much better than what that explosive obsessed clown could do.

I've stopped by MyNintendoNews and almost everyone is salty about it since they've expected something different. But like you said, we'll know if the game will be good after seeing the trailer and give it a chance.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
*Sigh* Artsy Omni's next Smashified! piece was just posted on DeviantArt about a half hour ago. I mean, Shantae is cool and all, and this is an absolutely fantastic piece in its own right, but it's certainly not what I expected...
image.jpg
It's a shame, too. I was really looking forward to a fancy, new Wonder-Red avatar. Us The Wonderful 101 fans just can't seem to catch a break lately, can we:laugh:?

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
*Sigh* Artsy Omni's next Smashified! piece was just posted on DeviantArt about a half hour ago. I mean, Shantae is cool and all, and this is an absolutely fantastic piece in its own right, but it's certainly not what I expected...
It's a shame, too. I was really looking forward to a fancy, new Wonder-Red avatar. Us The Wonderful 101 fans just can't seem to catch a break lately, can we:laugh:?
I love Shantae so I won't complain

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Update: It looks like The Wonderful 101 is now in Source Film maker. So we can make a fan trailer now. :laugh:

Update 2: Currently job searching right now. So i wont be on as much. I just came to post this video because a friend sent it to me.

Last edited:
well thread is dead but my long procrastination since march is over and I have a moveset

it's also color coded for moves that aren't usable by all wonderful ones (like glider)
Wonder red
Entrance.

Neutral special -Unite Gun:can be charaged, but the charge cannot be held (greninja neutral B). has 3 charge levels

basic--> rapid fire--> super scope
basic: a regular shot
rapid fire: fires 3 shots like in unite stinger.
Super scope: fires a high damage explosive shot

Custom neutral 1: no charging but higher damage and reduced endlag
custom neutral 2: much faster charge but lower damage. super scope does not explode

side specials are all different unites/unifies
red throws a unite morph forward at a low range. will fall if there is no platform below it (to prevent edgeguarding)

the first 2 work like ROB's gyro and remain in place after being thrown. hit multiple times instead of once

Side special 1-claws. freezes at higher %

Side special 2- naginata cant freeze but reflects projectiles and does high damage at the tips
3 however does not stay in place
Side special 3 -Voomerang. Vorkens boomerang. moves forward normally but then comes back.

Down special- Unite Spring: spring in a direction dealing damage and becoming immune. second use becomes Unite Ball works similar to wario's bike but very little damage or knockback but you also take very little damage or knockback.

Custom down 1 leaves lingering hitbox after the special ends. No ball and larger endlag

Custom down 2 spring is slower and does more damage. ball becomes spiked and increases damage but does not give resistanec buffs.

Up special: Unite Glider- look at the graph of Cos(x) on the interval [2.5,2*pi] deals damage and rises after a short fall

has generic recovery customs. highre damage less height and the opposite

Jab writes itself.

ftilt- a 2 punch combo
up tilt: a double claw swipe

Down tilt- claw swipe with both claws. Starts with claws together than swipes outward.

Up air -spins gun cowboy style then fires a shot. (During spin the gun has a hitbox) shot is a projectile

Down air- uses the hammer and slams down. the hammer itself does the highest damage and breaks shield but red does have a hitbox as well.

Fair- quick aerial punch combo. Gives horizontal movement

Nair - wonderful rising sword. holds sword out while doing flips. multi-hit

Bair- slashes with the sword behind him horizontally. very small vertical hitbox but decent damage

Dash attack- wonderful stinger for hand

Down smash-wondeful cyclone for hand

F smash- a brutal punch. Think mii brawlers forward smash.

Up smash- unite rocket. More charge is more height

grab is unite whip. has a tether

grab pummel

Down throw- uses unite drill on an opponent lying down. breaks shield of other enemies (like ryu's up throw)

alternatively uses whip and slaps them while they are down

Up throw wonder rising

forward throw- thrust with the hammer into a baseball style swing

back throw- pushes them behind him before smashing him with hammer

Final smash- engage unlimited form! All morphs become larger increasing the hitbox and damage. Up air becomes the super scope for all shots and fires an explosive shot. While dashing, rainbows follow

i think it could definitely have a little more love for Unite sword and whip but for the most part im good with this moveset.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Well... I must be wonderful enough.

I recently finished Wonderful 101, and it's a great game (although I though that it was a bit chaotic and hard to read: but I have a bad sight AND bad glasses so it must be me). The characters are fun, the story is too, it's over the top: I loved it.

On the other hand, although I wouldn't mind at all Wonder Red, but I have trouble finding him interesting for Smash, either by the fact that he would be alone, or that the unite attacks wouldn't be that much special.

Let's admit that I didn't thought that much about it. He could have a charge system where the more you charge a special move, the bigger your unite attack is for a limited time.

Another thing is that it would be kinda sad for him not to have the other Wonderful (just Blue, Green, Pink, Yellow, White and Black, of course. And Vorkken :awesome:) as alt costumes. Well, Blue, Pink and Vorkken can work easily, but the others...

Anyway, you can still add me to the support list! It's a little support, but a support nonetheless :awesome:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I beat The Wonderful 101 today.

Aside from a frustrating beginning I hobbled through (because, while the game doesn't hold your hand--which I like--it doesn't ease you in so much as throw you in overwhelming situations from the start--which I dislike), some unfortunate camera issues that the L and R buttons can't solve, and the gimmicky GamePad screen sections, the game was AN ACTION MASTERPIECE.**

I don't remember seeing any TV commercials for this game which is a HUGE shame, it deserves much more attention than it has. Shame on Nintendo for not marketing the game much even in Japan, let alone worldwide.

But hey, you know what'd make up for that blunder (-red)?

Adding Wonder Red in Smash 4 as DLC.

I'm sad to say I voted for Crono from Chrono Trigger prematurely, had I played this game before voting I definitely would have changed my mind and went with Wonder Red instead. Thankfully, my brother hasn't voted for anyone so I'll ask to use his laptop to take advantage of a nearby IP address to make a second vote.

So I'd like to ask to be included as a supporter. Wonder Red is my biggest non-third-party Nintendo character want, even beating Isaac and the Inklings. I specify this because usually I'm fine with most Nintendo characters making it into Smash anyway, so I usually don't pine for anyone in particular since I know I'll be content with who I have anyway--but now I have a W-shaped hole in my heart. He's awesome, his game is awesome, his moveset potential is awesome, and after Platinum Games' new announcements at E3 seemingly being not W101-related Wonder Red's inclusion in Smash is the closest thing we'll get to more of that fantastic game.

Basically, all of that is to say that Wonder Red's inclusion would be...wonderful.

THERE I USED IT AS AN ADJECTIVE HAHA THIS TOTALLY ISN'T OVERDONE AND I'M INCREDIBLY ORIGINAL AMIRITE GAIZ!?

*is absorbed into support group via Wonder Liner*

**Did you guys see what I did here? I worked on it for a whole two minutes, hopefully someone gets it.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Wow! Seems like a lot of people have been picking up The Wonderful 101 recently! It's always fun to hear about other people enjoying the game. I loved it. I think I may have said this before, but, in my opinion, The Wonderful 101 is the greatest game of all time! I just think it was that good. The amazing soundtrack, the incredible boss fights, the characters, the story, the vast variety of weapons; truly a wonderful masterpiece. It's a 101/100 in my book. I know most people wouldn't go that far, but I can't help but feel the way I do. The Wonderful 101 was just so much fun!

Anyway, I just came by to check up on this thread. I still go back and play The Wonderful 101 whenever I find time, and today I replayed some of my favorite boss fights. For whatever reason, this thread just popped into my head when I was in the middle of fighting Jergingha (Planet Destruction Form):laugh:.

Oh, and there's this poll being conducted on GameFAQs, and Wonder-Red is tied with Sora for the 10th most wanted DLC character! There may very well be hope!

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Wow! Seems like a lot of people have been picking up The Wonderful 101 recently! It's always fun to hear about other people enjoying the game. I loved it. I think I may have said this before, but, in my opinion, The Wonderful 101 is the greatest game of all time! I just think it was that good. The amazing soundtrack, the incredible boss fights, the characters, the story, the vast variety of weapons; truly a wonderful masterpiece. It's a 101/100 in my book. I know most people wouldn't go that far, but I can't help but feel the way I do. The Wonderful 101 was just so much fun!

Anyway, I just came by to check up on this thread. I still go back and play The Wonderful 101 whenever I find time, and today I replayed some of my favorite boss fights. For whatever reason, this thread just popped into my head when I was in the middle of fighting Jergingha (Planet Destruction Form):laugh:.

Oh, and there's this poll being conducted on GameFAQs, and Wonder-Red is tied with Sora for the 10th most wanted DLC character! There may very well be hope!
I've actually had The Wonderful 101 since early last year I believe and I still haven't gotten around to beating it.

Top Bottom