• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vote Wonder Red! - Wonder-Red's Last Stand?! Final Days of the Fighter Ballot

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Cool! Once you get around to beating it, I'll be interested to hear back from you. Have you enjoyed it so far?
Yeah, its great. Love the wacky, over the top feel of the game. Since I was a kid who grew up loving the Power Rangers, I loved all the Wonderful One's designs. All the levels are beautiful and bright (I really like bright colors, the Wii U makes them look extremely good). The game is kind of hard, but its the fun type of hard. I like all the collectibles too.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Yeah, its great. Love the wacky, over the top feel of the game. Since I was a kid who grew up loving the Power Rangers, I loved all the Wonderful One's designs. All the levels are beautiful and bright (I really like bright colors, the Wii U makes them look extremely good). The game is kind of hard, but its the fun type of hard. I like all the collectibles too.
Did you know that you can have your other wonderful team members do unite moves by pressing the x button?

I didn't know this until end game.
Once I realized I could unite bomb and unite hand at the same time I was destroying mostly everything lol

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I don't understand, so I guess that's a no...
Basically, when you draw the glyph for a certain Unite Morph, instead of pressing A, press X. That makes the Unite Morph you summoned become an AI-controlled attack. Plus, summoning an Assist Unite Morph, the proper name for these AI-controlled Unite Morphs, won't change your current team leader, so you can do stuff like make an Assist Unite Bomb to slow enemies down, and then attack them immediately afterwards. It's a pretty fun feature!

Oh, and you can have a maximum of 5 Assist Morphs onscreen at once, which amounts to 6 total Unite Morphs onscreen at once, counting the one that you're actually controlling. Remember that! I hope this helps you understand Assist Morphs more!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The Kutthroats have set out to draw their character thanking Iwata for all he has done.

We invite you to do the same.

D

Deleted member

Putting a Wonder-Red poll on the Wonder-Red thread just gives him free votes :p
Anyways: indifferent, yes and yes

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
I don't want to be that guy but... isn't this thread's current title kind of too "generic"? I mean really, it's basically "Vote [character] for DLC!" which honestly sounds boring... What about something else with more personality, like...

Wonder's Red, the Crimson Fist arrives! Voters, unite up!

I particularly like the "Voters, unite up!" part of my suggested title... besides, I've still not voted for him; hope I find another unused IP address to use so I can truly help Wonder Red's carrier go further than the game Wonderful 101! (In both Smash and potential W101 sequels, of course)
You may replace "Voters" by "Supporters" if you want, though.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
So are you for or against Wonder Red being able to use his teammates powers like sword, whip, gun, ect, or should he just be able to use his fists and the other given powers like spring, guts, ect? Keep in mind, I am talking about him personally using them, not him calling in assists to use them.

http://www.poll-maker.com/poll370335x52c805d4-14
I liked the idea of him using his teammates weapons. The weapons would still be in their respective colors though. btw just played through the part of Wonderful 101 where it shows a bit of Blue's backstory and its super cool.

D

Deleted member

I always advocated that he should use the other Unite Morphs, if he only used Unite-Hand and the shop ones, he would be representing himself instead of the whole TW101, that would only happen if there was a slim chance of they adding another Wonderful 101 later and, let's be honest here, that won't happen

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Geez this thread was hard to find. I'm honestly surprised this thread isn't more active, Wonder Red seems like one of the most popular choices everywhere else.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
God, I know I say this a lot, but I just can't seem to keep up with this thread. Anyway, I've always supported the idea of Wonder-Red using all of the Unite Morphs, even though he can't do so in The Wonderful 101, similar to Ness or Lucas. It would make him a much more interesting character, in my opinion. Previously, I thought it would be cool for each of Wonder-Red's Custom Moves to be a different Unite Morph, seeing as there are 12 Custom Move slots and 12 Unite Morphs. However, with the release of Mewtwo and the other DLC characters, it's become clear that such a thing is an impossibility. I haven't revised my moveset for Wonder-Red since then, so I don't really have a good idea of what I'd like to see in lieu of that, but something like @ Baskerville Baskerville 's moveset would be nice.

Yeesh we get a free bump and there still isnt any activity.
As for that image ive never been a fan of the charging thing. Never made much sense to me. Everything else is pretty great. I especially approve of the neutral special :smirk: even if i like my idea better.

I just hope other fanbases have more active wonder red support unlike here. He certainly isnt getting amy casual votes because of how badly his game sold. It's almost purely more harcore gamers which will likely be a part of his downfall. . .

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder if there's been any movement fo the series on the eShop since we last checked.

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
Geez posters weren't kidding when they meant this thread isn't very active. Anyway, I'm a fan of The W101, and I'll join the support to get Wonder Red in Smash.
Right now I'm trying to beat all the levels with at least Gold rank on 101% hard.

Last edited:

Wonder Gato

Smash Rookie
So the Wonderful 101 is basically my favorite game ever. I've beaten it at least 8 times, 101%'d the game, unlocked everything, etc. Needless to say, I super want Wonder Red in Smash Bros more than any other character and am trying to get everyone I know to vote for him too. I think, more than any other choice, his moveset can potentially be one of the most visually diverse and exciting, especially if he uses the morphs of the other main Wonders.

I feel like he's a perfect fit for Smash Bros, with an over the top look and personality. Imagine if in a future game, he had a Palutena's Guidance type feature, where he introduces the other characters and sometimes the other Wonderful Ones butt in (like having Wonder Blue butt in during Sonic's intro, since they are voiced by the same person).

I really like a lot of the moveset ideas that were in here and I fully support the idea of Red using all of the Unite Morphs from the main team. As a rep for the entire series, he shouldn't just be limited to Unite Hand.

If he does get in the game, I hope he gets a Unite Hammer spike, because I can't imagine many things more satisfying.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
So the Wonderful 101 is basically my favorite game ever. I've beaten it at least 8 times, 101%'d the game, unlocked everything, etc. Needless to say, I super want Wonder Red in Smash Bros more than any other character and am trying to get everyone I know to vote for him too. I think, more than any other choice, his moveset can potentially be one of the most visually diverse and exciting, especially if he uses the morphs of the other main Wonders.

I feel like he's a perfect fit for Smash Bros, with an over the top look and personality. Imagine if in a future game, he had a Palutena's Guidance type feature, where he introduces the other characters and sometimes the other Wonderful Ones butt in (like having Wonder Blue butt in during Sonic's intro, since they are voiced by the same person).

I really like a lot of the moveset ideas that were in here and I fully support the idea of Red using all of the Unite Morphs from the main team. As a rep for the entire series, he shouldn't just be limited to Unite Hand.

If he does get in the game, I hope he gets a Unite Hammer spike, because I can't imagine many things more satisfying.
Welcome!

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
After many, MANY, months, i have finally returned.

I have two more days off and i'll try to update as much as possible. Apologies for how everything went. Real life problems and all that take priority after all.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I like that as well.

Anyway, i've been trying to brainstorm new stage ideas. Burt i can't seem to come up with anything good anyway.

Last edited:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
I like that as well.

Anyway, i've been trying to brainstorm new stage ideas. Burt i can't seem to come up with anything good anyway.
IDEA:

Exoatmosphere! Takes place on the energy platform in front of Jergingha Planet Destruction Form. Jergingha serves as a background hazard. Crosshairs can appear, followed by missiles. He can fire Gah-Goojins and spiked balls at the stage.

The only issue is scale, but Nintendogs is a thing so eh.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Exoatmosphere

My take on this stage is that you would fight on the blue platform of energy created by Platinum Robo. Essentially, the main platform would function like Final Destination, being completely flat with a ledge at either end. In the background, Jergingha (Planet Destruction Form) would be fighting Platinum Robo and the Wonder-eyes'd Gah-Goojins, and Jergingha would stop periodically to attack the stage.

Attack 1 - Jergingha crosses his arms and laughs, summoning a series of up to 5 cyber-walls, similar to the ones he summoned in the final battle in The Wonderful 101. These cyber-walls can either be oriented horizontally, causing them to function like soft platforms, or vertically, causing them to function like walls. After a minute or so, these cyber-walls fizzle out, returning the stage to its default, Final Destination-esque layout. This allows the stage to change dynamically for a short period of time. This attack is Jergingha's most common.

Attack 2 - Jergingha reveals his shoulder cannons, laughs, and fires a series of missiles upwards. A few seconds later, red reticles and laser pointers begin to appear on the stage, signaling where the missiles will land. Shortly after a given reticle appears, a missile will follow, exploding in blue flames when it hits either the ground or an opponent. These missiles inflict roughly 10% and moderate knockback, KO'ing at about 115%. This is Jergingha's second-most common attack.

Attack 3 - Jergingha laughs and holds up his arm behind the current leader. His fingertips start to glow bright red, and a targeting lasers emit from them, showing exactly where the laser beams will hit. Jergingha then moves his hand around slowly, following the leader, as his fingertips charge up power. Once the attack is fully charged, a distinctive sound effect plays, Jergingha stops moving his hand, and he yells as the lasers shoot out of his fingers. These lasers deal electric-type damage and trap opponents in a series of weak hits, inflicting roughly 30% if all hits connect. The final strike, however, is more powerful than the rest, inflicting strong knockback and KO'ing at 100%. This is Jergingha's least common attack.

Additionally, "Jergingha - Planet Destruction Form" and "ST01 Roll Out, Wonderful 100!" would be moved to this stage, and multiple new songs would be introduced. The complete song selection for Exoatmosphere would be...

Jergingha - Planet Destruction Form
ST01 Roll Out, Wonderful 100!
Team, Unite Up! 1
Wonder-Eyes Medley
The Won-Stoppable Wonderful 101
Intertwined
Tables Turn
Pegasus-Class Gimme Custom Assault Mech Giga-Goojin
Guyzoch Space Pirates Teio Form
Platinum Robo, Locked and Loaded

Yay or nay?

Wonder Gato

Smash Rookie
Exoatmosphere

My take on this stage is that you would fight on the blue platform of energy created by Platinum Robo. Essentially, the main platform would function like Final Destination, being completely flat with a ledge at either end. In the background, Jergingha (Planet Destruction Form) would be fighting Platinum Robo and the Wonder-eyes'd Gah-Goojins, and Jergingha would stop periodically to attack the stage.

Attack 1 - Jergingha crosses his arms and laughs, summoning a series of up to 5 cyber-walls, similar to the ones he summoned in the final battle in The Wonderful 101. These cyber-walls can either be oriented horizontally, causing them to function like soft platforms, or vertically, causing them to function like walls. After a minute or so, these cyber-walls fizzle out, returning the stage to its default, Final Destination-esque layout. This allows the stage to change dynamically for a short period of time. This attack is Jergingha's most common.

Attack 2 - Jergingha reveals his shoulder cannons, laughs, and fires a series of missiles upwards. A few seconds later, red reticles and laser pointers begin to appear on the stage, signaling where the missiles will land. Shortly after a given reticle appears, a missile will follow, exploding in blue flames when it hits either the ground or an opponent. These missiles inflict roughly 10% and moderate knockback, KO'ing at about 115%. This is Jergingha's second-most common attack.

Attack 3 - Jergingha laughs and holds up his arm behind the current leader. His fingertips start to glow bright red, and a targeting lasers emit from them, showing exactly where the laser beams will hit. Jergingha then moves his hand around slowly, following the leader, as his fingertips charge up power. Once the attack is fully charged, a distinctive sound effect plays, Jergingha stops moving his hand, and he yells as the lasers shoot out of his fingers. These lasers deal electric-type damage and trap opponents in a series of weak hits, inflicting roughly 30% if all hits connect. The final strike, however, is more powerful than the rest, inflicting strong knockback and KO'ing at 100%. This is Jergingha's least common attack.

Additionally, "Jergingha - Planet Destruction Form" and "ST01 Roll Out, Wonderful 100!" would be moved to this stage, and multiple new songs would be introduced. The complete song selection for Exoatmosphere would be...

Jergingha - Planet Destruction Form
ST01 Roll Out, Wonderful 100!
Team, Unite Up! 1
Wonder-Eyes Medley
The Won-Stoppable Wonderful 101
Intertwined
Tables Turn
Pegasus-Class Gimme Custom Assault Mech Giga-Goojin
Guyzoch Space Pirates Teio Form
Platinum Robo, Locked and Loaded

Yay or nay?
Definitely yay! I love the idea of Jergingha creating the platforms based on those colored walls he created in the game and god, I would love for Intertwined to be a musical track in Smash. It's one of my favorites!

This just makes me think how Jergingha could totally sub in for Master/Crazy Hand.

I feel like another stage idea would be fighting on top of the Virgin Victory, Meizzer and the Dakkar through a combination of the ice caverns of Operation 006C and the volcano section in Operation 005A. The terrain of the stage changes depending on which ship you are fighting on and every so often, you have to jump to a different ship, similar to Orbital Gate Assault.

Maybe you start off fighting on the Meizerr in the volcano and eventually switch to the Dakkar (going through a recreation of that side scrolling drilling section from 005C). You'd eventually end back up on the Meizerr and fight between that and the Virgin Victory while you fly through those ice caverns. I really don't have all the details thought out, haha, but it would be a good way to showcase a bunch of stuff from the Wonderful 101, though what I wrote might also be kind of overly complicated.

--

On a side note, Dragon Con was in ATL a couple of weeks ago, and I went around wearing custom made Wonder Red 4 Smash t-shirts that my friend had gotten me to try and do a little bit of last minute promotion for him, haha. Not only that, but me and my friends UNITE-cosplayed Wonder Red, Wonder Blue and Wonder White at the con! We tried to crash the Smash Bros tourneys, but unfortunately, we didn't get there in time. We got a pretty good response though and we hope to go to a couple more cons (and we're making it a point to get to the Smash tourneys) before the ballot is over, so who knows? Gotta stay optimistic!

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
The stage I really want is just Blossom City and it transitions like Skyloft and you can see the other Wonderfuls battling various enemies in the back ground and FD mode is the part of that transition inside the tunnel.

Music is all W101 tracks with 2 other tracks from Platinum games like Bayonetta and Mad World

Wonder Gato

Smash Rookie

So has anyone else seen this sick image courtesy of HeavyMetalHanzo?

Now if we can only have this become a reality...

Does anyone else feel as though if Platinum gets enough support (I'm mostly talking about Bayonetta and Wonder Red here), that they'll get a rep in the game? I really like Bayo, but I think her actual shot of getting in the game is not super great and Wonder Red (maybe with a Wonder Bayonetta alt costume) would be a good way to rep Platinum and Bayonetta.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA

So has anyone else seen this sick image courtesy of HeavyMetalHanzo?

Now if we can only have this become a reality...

Does anyone else feel as though if Platinum gets enough support (I'm mostly talking about Bayonetta and Wonder Red here), that they'll get a rep in the game? I really like Bayo, but I think her actual shot of getting in the game is not super great and Wonder Red (maybe with a Wonder Bayonetta alt costume) would be a good way to rep Platinum and Bayonetta.
Man, this would be so cool. Plus a Wonder Red amiibo would be great.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Major Update:

I got a new job. One that will take up a lot of my already limited time. So unfortunately, i'll be here even less. :(

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Though I doubt it would happen, I would love for Wonder Red and Wonder Blue to be in Project X Zone 2. Their special attack could be the Unite Hand & Sword combination that was used to kill that one boss.
Nintendo needs to just go full in that game. Could really help give the game, and the franchises it represents more attention.

Top Bottom