• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vote Wonder Red! - Wonder-Red's Last Stand?! Final Days of the Fighter Ballot

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Question for my fellow Wonderful Ones~

If Wonder Red appears, what would you like to see as an Assist Trophy?

Personally I think P-Star (scans a nearby opponent and temporarily makes them easier to damage and launch) or Platinum-Robo (flies to the top of the screen and launches Wonder Arrow through the center of the stage) would be great.
I'd like to see Immorta appear and use her Sakuran Bowgun to confuse enemies. She would fire the arrows at opponents, and even though they travel at high speeds, they would curve and home in on opponents, and when they hit a surface, they would generate a small, pink explosion with hearts. Anybody hit by the arrow or explosion would take a small amount of knockback, and they would flash pink and hearts would float around them. In this state, their controls would be completely reversed, and Friendly Fire would be temporarily turned on in Team Battles, regardless if it was off before the match started or not. This state would last for several seconds before wearing off, after which everything would return to normal. Immorta would be able to be attacked and knocked back, like other similar Assist Trophies in this game.

And if Red is the one who summoned her then Immorta smiles and blushes before disappearing.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Summoning the Virgin Victory shooting guys in the background would be a neat one.
And if Reds not in the battle, he can pilot the Virgin Victory!
Red: Leave it to me! :awesome:

well I thought of something terrible earlier. You know how Dunban and protoman are mii costumes. You know who wouldn't be too much of a stretch to see as a brawler :glare:

I would hate to see it but with W101's poor sales and Red's votes likely being about middle of the road I could easily see that being the way they implement him. .Blue as a swordsman as well.

I hope it doesnt happen with all my hero's heart but it wouldnt surprise me . .

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
well I thought of something terrible earlier. You know how Dunban and protoman are mii costumes. You know who wouldn't be too much of a stretch to see as a brawler :glare:

I would hate to see it but with W101's poor sales and Red's votes likely being about middle of the road I could easily see that being the way they implement him. .Blue as a swordsman as well.

If the options are that or jack, I'll take it.

What I would really love is for Ninty to see the support Red's got and let it convince them to greenlight a sequel. I'd be a lot less concerned about Red's chances of ever appearing in Smash if we get another game in the series' canon.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101

Don't forget Green! He should be a costume for Gunners. And why stop there? Why not make all of the main Wonderful Ones DLC costumes?

Brawler:
Wonder-Red
Wonder-Yellow
Wonder-Pink

Swordfighter:
Wonder-Blue
Wonder-White
Prince Vorkken

Gunner:
Wonder-Green
Wonder-Goggles
Wonder-Black

If this actually happened, it might be enough to convince to me make Mii Fighters of myself outside of Gunner:p.

Last edited:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805

What I would really love is for Ninty to see the support Red's got and let it convince them to greenlight a sequel. I'd be a lot less concerned about Red's chances of ever appearing in Smash if we get another game in the series' canon.
Now that is something I hope to see in the future.

CrimsonSmasher

Smash Cadet
NNID
NintenJerry
3DS FC
3737-9960-0814
Don't forget Green! He should be a costume for Gunners. And why stop there? Why not make all of the main Wonderful Ones DLC costumes?

Brawler:
Wonder-Red
Wonder-Yellow
Wonder-Pink

Swordfighter:
Wonder-Blue
Wonder-White
Prince Vorkken

Gunner:
Wonder-Green
Wonder-Goggles
Wonder-Black

If this actually happened, it might be enough to convince to me make Mii Fighters of myself outside of Gunner:p.
My friend, that ain't the thinking you should do. They should instead give Wonderful 101 DLC costumes whose colours change depending on your Mii Fighter's colour, i.e. you'll finally be able to create a Dante Mii in Smash Bros 4!

Wonderful 102 would definitely be awesome, but isn't Kamiya kinda working on it? I mean, more than a year ago he tweeted that Miis were supposed to be a part of the W101, but that they didn't have enough time to implement that so they hope they can do it this time for W102.
I'd rather want a Wonder Red jacket that can be worn regardless of weapon or fight-style, but even in the worst case scenario... eh, it would motivate me to try out Mii Brawler I guess.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

A Wonder Jacket and a Wonder-Mask as a Mii Fighter costume for DLC at the price of $0.75? Now that's worth it, I have a Mii based off Red's Civilian look but I have to use the Tracksuit Outfit smh :/

harpuia190

Smash Ace
Here is the way I see it, if they get in smash, a sequel of some kind will have to happen eventually. And this is their best shot at getting in because I think sakurai likes the franchise, but felt uncertain about making them a character, all he needs to do is see enough popularity and mebbe just mebbe he will get those cogs moving and make it happen

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Here is the way I see it, if they get in smash, a sequel of some kind will have to happen eventually. And this is their best shot at getting in because I think sakurai likes the franchise, but felt uncertain about making them a character, all he needs to do is see enough popularity and mebbe just mebbe he will get those cogs moving and make it happen
Yeah, pretty much. And, honestly, it works the other way around, too. If The Wonderful 102 actually does happen, then I would say that Wonder-Red has a pretty high chance of getting into Smash 4 as DLC or into Smash 5. I mean, The Wonderful 101 already has a fairly large following as is, and what with the recent pick-up in sales and increase in good reviews, if a sequel did happen, then it would likely do far better than The Wonderful 101. With two games under his belt, with at least the original being one of the best games of this generation, I'd say Wonder-Red would have a very good chance of appearing in Smash at some point, assuming all of this came true.

Enyalb

Hardcore Wonder-Casual Dragoon
NNID
BLAYNEproject
3DS FC
5300-9911-6250
Question for my fellow Wonderful Ones~

If Wonder Red appears, what would you like to see as an Assist Trophy?

Personally I think P-Star (scans a nearby opponent and temporarily makes them easier to damage and launch) or Platinum-Robo (flies to the top of the screen and launches Wonder Arrow through the center of the stage) would be great.
I think I would like to see P-Star function as an Option from Gradius or Strider Hiryu's Ouroboros super from the Marvel vs. Capcom games; constantly following you and firing bullets at your opponents while you attack.

On the discussion of the sequel, Kamiya has expressed interest about a year ago. Maybe after Platinum Games gets done working on Scalebound, they'll probably start working on Wonderful 102, ergo getting a teaser trailer this year or next, ergo Sakurai go all like "Yo put Wonder-Red in Smash DLC he's got another game coming out." The two are good pals after all, but this a poll we're dealing with here. All we can do is be patient and continue to unite up the supporters we need.

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
We can do it! Never give up!

I'm in such a good mood right now. :laugh: The Shantae support is amazing and we need supporters that are willing to match that! (pictures, videos, etc.)

Edit: #VoteWonderGenie

Last edited:

CrimsonSmasher

Smash Cadet
NNID
NintenJerry
3DS FC
3737-9960-0814
A Wonder Jacket and a Wonder-Mask as a Mii Fighter costume for DLC at the price of $0.75? Now that's worth it, I have a Mii based off Red's Civilian look but I have to use the Tracksuit Outfit smh :/
Imo the Brawler got the short stick when it comes to costumes in comparison to Swordfighter and Gunner. But I still want my Dante Mii, so they better make a Red Wonder Jacket NOT Brawler-exclusive.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Wonderful 102 would definitely be awesome, but isn't Kamiya kinda working on it? I mean, more than a year ago he tweeted that Miis were supposed to be a part of the W101, but that they didn't have enough time to implement that so they hope they can do it this time for W102.
As I recall, he said he'd be open to the idea of creating a sequel, but he needs Nintendo's approval first.

The IP belongs to Nintendo, so until they tell Kamiya it's go time, Platinum can just support from the sidelines.

Commander Iwata - "The time has come, Team Platinum! Prepare yourselves for Operation 102!"

Kamiya - "Sir, yes sir! WONDER-EYES DIRECTOR!"

*Transformation sequence*

Kamiya - "Team Platinum, Unite Up!"

Platinum - "ROGER!"

We can do it! Never give up!

I'm in such a good mood right now. :laugh: The Shantae support is amazing and we need supporters that are willing to match that! (pictures, videos, etc.)

Edit: #VoteWonderGenie
*Salutes*

Blade Knight

Smash Ace
I won't say I'd buy all 101, but I would buy the Colorful Wonders,Immorta, Vorrken, and Chewgi at least.

yani

Smash Lord
Wonderful 101 deserves so much more love than it has gotten. I would be thrilled to see Wonder Red get in Smash Bros. He really is the perfect character to join the fray. Fresh blood created by Platinum Games!

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Wonderful 101 deserves so much more love than it has gotten. I would be thrilled to see Wonder Red get in Smash Bros. He really is the perfect character to join the fray. Fresh blood created by Platinum Games!
Great to have more support!

Enyalb

NNID
BLAYNEproject
3DS FC
5300-9911-6250
So I saw this one post on Reddit that involves writing a Pit codec for your DLC character, someone wrote one for Red ad I thought you guys might be interested in reading it.

Pit: Lady Palutena, who's this red guy?

Palutena: That is Wonder Red, a member of the Wonderful 100 super hero squad.

Pit: He doesn't look too threatening, what's his trick?

Palutena: By himself he isn't great, but he can work with up to 100 other heroes to form a Unite Morph, a powerful weapon made up of the team!

Pit: Wait, he uses his allies as weapons? Is that OK to do?

Palutena: Well, the team doesn't really get hurt when they're morphed together, they just break apart, but watch out! The more allies he uses, the stronger the unite morph will be! They can unite up into many kinds of things. Swords, guns, rockets, gelatin, you name it!

Pit: Wow, so they can do a lot, huh? I better watch myself...

Wonder Blue: You better believe it kid! With Unite Sword, we will cut you to smithereens!

Wonder Green: Oh ho Monsieur Wonder Blue, always ready to take the lead, even though Unite Gun will be able to take the foes out first!

Pit: Wait, who are you?

Wonder Blue: We are other members of the Wonderful 100, and I am going to take you out, not that useless fatso's green pistol!

Wonder Pink: Oh do you think so, Blue? Do you forget my whip?

Pit: Wait-

Wonder Yellow: But, comrades, what about my hammer?

Pit: One at a ti-

Wonder White: Trees fall together / Friends fight with one another / Unite Claw will win

Pit: Did he just speak in a haik-

Wonder Black: Unite Bomb...

Pit: EVERYONE SHUT UP AND FIGHT ALREADY!

All: Roger!

Credit goes to the person who made it.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I would love the WonderMask to be a costume for the Mii. That would actually be pretty neat.

Also this:

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
So I saw this one post on Reddit that involves writing a Pit codec for your DLC character, someone wrote one for Red ad I thought you guys might be interested in reading it.

Pit: Lady Palutena, who's this red guy?

Palutena: That is Wonder Red, a member of the Wonderful 100 super hero squad.

Pit: He doesn't look too threatening, what's his trick?

Palutena: By himself he isn't great, but he can work with up to 100 other heroes to form a Unite Morph, a powerful weapon made up of the team!

Pit: Wait, he uses his allies as weapons? Is that OK to do?

Palutena: Well, the team doesn't really get hurt when they're morphed together, they just break apart, but watch out! The more allies he uses, the stronger the unite morph will be! They can unite up into many kinds of things. Swords, guns, rockets, gelatin, you name it!

Pit: Wow, so they can do a lot, huh? I better watch myself...

Wonder Blue: You better believe it kid! With Unite Sword, we will cut you to smithereens!

Wonder Green: Oh ho Monsieur Wonder Blue, always ready to take the lead, even though Unite Gun will be able to take the foes out first!

Pit: Wait, who are you?

Wonder Blue: We are other members of the Wonderful 100, and I am going to take you out, not that useless fatso's green pistol!

Wonder Pink: Oh do you think so, Blue? Do you forget my whip?

Pit: Wait-

Wonder Yellow: But, comrades, what about my hammer?

Pit: One at a ti-

Wonder White: Trees fall together / Friends fight with one another / Unite Claw will win

Pit: Did he just speak in a haik-

Wonder Black: Unite Bomb...

Pit: EVERYONE SHUT UP AND FIGHT ALREADY!

All: Roger!

Credit goes to the person who made it.
These are great.

Super FOG

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FOG2006
3DS FC
4253-3752-2801
Why does this wonderful topic makes in the third page? UNITE BUMP!! :D

Already casted my vote for Wonder-Red, I want him so bad to join in!

Enyalb

NNID
BLAYNEproject
3DS FC
5300-9911-6250
So with the lack of custom moves given to Mewtwo (for now anyway), is there any modifications to those that made movesets for both regular and custom specials you guys would like to change?

And what kind of glitchy unused custom moves would Red have if any?

Super FOG

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FOG2006
3DS FC
4253-3752-2801
*SPOILERS*

I would like a Jergingha color scheme, since Jergingha is my favorite character in W101

A moveset for Wonder Red is not that hard, his game itself gives some clear hints!

B: Unite Hand - Hold it to increase its size, up to 3 different levels. The Unite Hand will enhance the power and the range of Wonder-Red's attacks, at the cost of speed, mobility and jump height, can be performed in the air and it will be required in order to perform his other special moves. The Unite Hand will last 12 seconds, but pressing the shield button will dissolve the Unite Hand instantly. Grabs with the Unite Hand will transite into throws, Wonder-Red's grab attack will be only avaliable without Unite Hand.

Side B: Wonderful Stinger - Charges a distance forward, useful as horizontal recovery and KO move with diagonal-forward knockback.

Up B: Wonderful Rising - A spinning rising punch that can only reach its maximum height with a small Unite Hand, useful in combat as a combo finisher. Pressing the attack button in the near end of the move will make Wonder-Red unleash a series of punches useful for keeping opponents away, but it wouldn't allow ledge grabbing.

Down B: Wonderful Cyclone - A spin attack with different effects depending of the size of Unite Hand, a small one makes the cyclone score multiple hits with a regular sideways knockback, a medium one would be a single hit attack, the bigger one would also be a single hit but a pretty solid and powerful KO move with shorter ending lag. Wonder-Red has low priority in the center of the attack since all of its power is concentrated on its sides.

Final Smash: Wonder Punch - A focused rocket punch using the Unite Hand at maximum size, getting hit by this move would cause a camera effect similar to the Zelda, Sheik and Dark Pit's Final Smash, can score multiple targets.

sogeki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MexicanSaiyan
*SPOILERS*

I would like a Jergingha color scheme, since Jergingha is my favorite character in W101

A moveset for Wonder Red is not that hard, his game itself gives some clear hints!

B: Unite Hand - Hold it to increase its size, up to 3 different levels. The Unite Hand will enhance the power and the range of Wonder-Red's attacks, at the cost of speed, mobility and jump height, can be performed in the air and it will be required in order to perform his other special moves. The Unite Hand will last 12 seconds, but pressing the shield button will dissolve the Unite Hand instantly. Grabs with the Unite Hand will transite into throws, Wonder-Red's grab attack will be only avaliable without Unite Hand.

Side B: Wonderful Stinger - Charges a distance forward, useful as horizontal recovery and KO move with diagonal-forward knockback.
Up B: Wonderful Rising - A spinning rising punch that can only reach its maximum height with a small Unite Hand, useful in combat as a combo finisher. Pressing the attack button in the near end of the move will make Wonder-Red unleash a series of punches useful for keeping opponents away, but it wouldn't allow ledge grabbing.

Down B: Wonderful Cyclone - A spin attack with different effects depending of the size of Unite Hand, a small one makes the cyclone score multiple hits with a regular sideways knockback, a medium one would be a single hit attack, the bigger one would also be a single hit but a pretty solid and powerful KO move with shorter ending lag. Wonder-Red has low priority in the center of the attack since all of its power is concentrated on its sides.

Final Smash: Wonder Punch - A focused rocket punch using the Unite Hand at maximum size, getting hit by this move would cause a camera effect similar to the Zelda, Sheik and Dark Pit's Final Smash, can score multiple targets.
This isn't an accurate moveset if he were in the game. No offense, if it were /just/ wonder red, this is what it would be. But I know if Wonder Red makes it then Sakurai will give him the powers of all the other Wonders.

Edit: The final smash NEEDS to be "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...Fire!"

Last edited:

TheTaoDragon

Smash Apprentice
Wonder Red "learning" the other morphs like how Ness and Lucas "learned" other PSI moves. lol
Wait, isn't it that the Wonderful Ones just use Unite Energy (haven't played in a while, so unsure if this is the name) to increase the size of their weapon?
If this is the case, then why wouldn't Red be able to borrow the other members' weapons and use them for Unite Morphs as well?

Top Bottom