• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vote Wonder Red! - Wonder-Red's Last Stand?! Final Days of the Fighter Ballot

harpuia190

Smash Ace
I did my civic duty. Guys I think hes got a good shot because its quite clear sakurai likes the w101. they got way too many shoutouts for something so "obscure"

NNID
Majorasmask66
I feel like if Wonderful 101 was made and released back when the roster was being decided, Wonder Red would probably be in Smash.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Not to be a downer but how will wonder red work without any fps problems or things of that nature? wouldnt his unites take up a bunch of articles or something? he could work in the next smash, but dlc in a short time window along with other characters, would it be possible? would like it if someone educated me on the subject, thx.

NNID
Majorasmask66
Not to be a downer but how will wonder red work without any fps problems or things of that nature? wouldnt his unites take up a bunch of articles or something? he could work in the next smash, but dlc in a short time window along with other characters, would it be possible? would like it if someone educated me on the subject, thx.
Wonder Red wont be wandering around with a bunch of units. We are not talking about including the Wonderful101 we are talking about including Wonder Red.

Last edited:

Blade Knight

Smash Ace
He could simply make use of the other unite morphs as the hologaphic semi-solid items without actually having the other wonderfuls on screen. Just give him personal sized ones and it's all good.

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
"The Wonderful 101 has been recognized as one of the Wii U’s accentuate titles. To this day no other game has been able to take full advantage of the Wii U’s Game Pad like The Wonderful 101 and it makes this title stand out to many Nintendo fans.

The Super Smash Bros franchise has been known to celebrate Nintendo’s history. I believe The Wonderful 101 deserves a playable character to celebrate and represent the Wii U in Super Smash Bros.

‘Unite Up’ and let Wonder Red lead the way!"

You guys have 101% of my support!

Last edited:
NNID
Majorasmask66
I was hoping he will use his signature Unite Hand only. The other specials could be his specials from the Wonderful 101 like Wonderful Rising, Wonderful Stinger, and Wonderful Cyclone. Any way, here is my moveset for him with a too long didn't read version included.
First off, Wonder Red has a unique mechanic which is his energy meter from the game. This meter looks the same as the meter in game which has the various batteries together with bars that fill up the batteries. These bars represent your energy. In Smash, You have 4 batteries each containing 5 bars. Each bar of energy takes 1 second to deplete and 1 second to recharge. Now on to his special moves.

Neutral special: Unite Hand. Wonder Red unites two red hands, one for one hand and one for the other. These hands buff his hitbox size and damage. All smash attacks gain super armor during this buff. I also thought it might be cool if it gives him the ability to cancel a special move into another special move during the attack. It also cancels most of the start up lag of the special you are canceling into. He can only do this once per special move. If you wan't to do it again than you have to let the special attack end and then try to land another special attack. Activating this move will cost you 2 energy bars. While using this buff, you will be depleting bars every second thus meaning you can be in this mode for 18 seconds total.

Side special: Wonderful Stinger. Wonder Red sticks his hand out and lunges forward. This is a multi hit attack with good hitstun that pulls the enemy with him.

Down special: Wonderful Cyclone. Wonder Red will spin around in place with his fists out. This is a multi hit attack that last for about 1.4 seconds which is a while in fighting games. It has good hitstun and is hard to get out of so like the Wonderful Stinger, you are gonna get caught with the attack.

Up Special: Wonderful Rising. Wonder Red does a multi hitting uppercut. It has above average start up lag though and can be charged a little bit for increased distance and power. Once again, it can be charged only a little so nothing major.

Final Smash: Unite up. Wonder Red Calls in the Wonderful 100. Not all of them but he gets the signature ones. He brings in Wonder Blue, Wonder Green, Wonder Pink, Wonder Yellow, Wonder White, and Wonder Black. Think of this as a group of powerful assist trophies. Of course, each one is unique in there own way. Wonder Blue will be a swift swordsman. Wonder Green will be the gunner who shoots people from afar. He will shoot once or in bursts with his normal pistol. He can upgrade it to the rocket launcher thing that he uses which will have lots of kill potential and damage but has alot of start up lag. Wonder Pink will use her whip which has good range. She can grab fighters with her whip and pull them to her slamming them on the ground which does good damage but no knock back. Her other Grabs have great kill potential. Wonder Yellow is just your devastating heavy slow character. He can slam the ground from the air and break shields on contact with that attack. Wonder White is your rushdown Character who can freeze people. He has a deadly slash where he lunges forward with good knock back. He has a similar attack where he jumps and slashes upward. Wonder Black can place bombs that create an area of affect that slows people. There are three different tiers with varying degrees of size, duration, and power. A tier 1 bomb will deal 5% damage to players who are hit by the explosion. This like the rest of the bombs will deal no hitstun. The duration is 3 seconds. Tier two will deal 10% damage, have a larger area of effect, slow just as much as tier 1, and last for 4 seconds. Tier 3 is the strongest. It has the largest area of effect, deals 15%, slows players more than the other tiers, and last 5 seconds. Two bombs can be placed at one with the exception of a tier 3 bomb. The higher the tier, the slower it is to throw and travel. It cannot go as far as the tier before it.

tl;dr

He has an energy meter.
Neutral Special: Unite Hand
Side Special: Wonderful Stinger
Down Special: Wonderful Cyclone
Up Special: Wonderful Rising
Final Smash: Unite Up

Akenero

Smash Apprentice
Why not have all of the wonderful ones in the game? As a cycle mechanic, so you could go through the different uses each of the characters have!
(just a thought btw)

Enyalb

Hardcore Wonder-Casual Dragoon
NNID
BLAYNEproject
3DS FC
5300-9911-6250
Why not have all of the wonderful ones in the game? As a cycle mechanic, so you could go through the different uses each of the characters have!
(just a thought btw)
Well, that would be next to impossible with the 3DS hardware not being able to handle Zelda transforming into Sheik and vice versa.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Oh look, I did a thing~ :3

WONDER RED

WONDER RED SAVES THE DAY!
Wonder Red, AKA Will Wedgewood, is the leader of the elite superhero task force known as the CENTINELS - better known by their nickname, the Wonderful 101! Utterly devoted to defending the Earth and its people from alien invaders, he enters the world of Smash to fight for justice and create a better tomorrow for all! His specials are based on the Unite Morphs wielded by his fellow heroes, while his standards attacks are a mix of weapons and utilities he can summon and transform into at will. All of his specials can be charged to increase their size and launch power, though doing so makes the move slower to compensate, and taking damage during the charge animation will cancel it. All of his customs are unique, and he has twelve different moves in all to create a diverse and dynamic moveset.

* NEUTRAL-B - UNITE HAND *
Strikes with a mighty fist. High damage and knockback, increased massively when charged at the cost of speed.

- CUSTOM 1 - UNITE SWORD -
Slashes with a valiant blade. Can be strung together up to four times even when charged, but it's relatively weak.

- CUSTOM 2 - UNITE CLAW -
Cuts with beautiful claws. Can cut up to ten times in quick succession for minimal damage, can be charged to release flurries of ice blasts.

* SIDE-B - UNITE GUN *
Shoots energy bullets from a giant gun. Can fire up to four times for minor damage, can be charged for a huge bazooka blast that does decent damage.

- CUSTOM 1 - UNITE BOWGUN -
Launches heart-shaped arrows from a wondrous crossbow. Can fire one arrow at a time for moderate damage or charged to do damage that lingers.

- CUSTOM 2 - UNITE GOGGLES -
Fires powerful lasers from shiny goggles. Size and damage of laser increases as charged as follows: short-ranged sparks, long-ranged weak laser, long-ranged strong laser, long-ranged piercing laser.

* UP-B - UNITE WHIP *
Lashes a thorny whip that can latch onto nearby ledges. Increases range when charged, at the cost of speed, serves as a tether grab when off-stage.

- CUSTOM 1 - UNITE DRILL -
Dash upwards with a fabulous drill. Travels at a diagonal angle for continual damage and travels further when charged, at the cost of speed.

- CUSTOM 2 - UNIFY BOOMERANG -
Spins through the skies with wondrous blades. Slices upwards for continual damage and travels further when charged, at the cost of speed.

* DOWN-B - UNITE HAMMER *
Slams down with an earth-shattering hammer. Strikes straight ahead and releases a slow yet powerful shockwave that does immense damage and knockback.

- CUSTOM 1 - UNITE BOMB -
Tosses a time-slowing bomb. Releases a black hole that slows down opponents for a few seconds, size and duration increases when charged, does no damage or knockback.

- CUSTOM 2 - UNIFY NAGINATA
Creates a wall of whirling spear blades. Does continual damage and reflects projectiles, size and duration increases when charged, can't be canceled when used, can't move when used.

* FINAL SMASH - UNLIMITED FORM *
"Wonderful 101, diplomacy has failed! Activate Unlimited Forms!" In Unlimited Form, speed, jump, defense and launch power is increased significantly. Furthermore, all Unite Morphs are automatically at max size and power, with no speed penalty. Damage can still be taken if hit. Lasts ten seconds before disappearing.

Jab - Strikes with Unite Hand
Jab combo - Punches twice and uppercuts with Unite Hand
F-tilt - Lashes out with Wonder Stinger
U-tilt - Thrusts upwards with Wonder Rising
D-tilt - Spins quickly with Wonder Cyclone
F-smash - Slams Unite Hammer into the ground
U-smash - Thrusts Unite Sword upwards, reflects projectiles on startup
D-smash - Blows away with Unite Bomb
Dash - Leaps forward with Unite Glider
N-air - Slices in a circle with Unite Claw
F-air - Shoots a bullet forwards with Unite Gun
B-air - Shoots a bolt backwards with Unite Bowgun
U-air - Blasts upwards with Unite Rocket
D-air - Slams into the ground with Unite Tombstone
Grab - Grabs with Unite Whip, serves as a tether grab off-stage
Pummel - Smashes with Wonder Liner
F-throw - Zaps fowards with Unite Goggles
B-throw - Throws backwards with Unify Naginata
U-throw - Pierces upwards with Unite Drill
D-throw - Cuts downwards with Unify Boomerang
Get-up - Rolls up and strikes with Unite Ball
Shield - Unite Guts appears and darkens as it takes damage
Roll - Jumps away with Unite Spring

Up taunt - Strikes a heroic pose and says, "Team, Unite Up!"
Side taunt - Points forward and says, "We fight for justice!"
Down taunt - Stands upright and salutes

* ENTRANCE *

Will Wedgewood thumps his chest and transforms into Wonder Red

* VICTORY *

Victory 1 - Strikes a heroic pose and says, "The Wonderful 101 saves the day!"
Victory 2 - Salutes nobly and says, "Well done, team!"
Victory 3 - Gazes wistfully at the sky with his fist on his heart

* COLOURS / COSTUMES*

Red suit, blonde hair (Wonder Red)
Blue suit, white hair (Wonder Blue)
Green suit, green hair (Wonder Green)
Pink suit, pink hair (Wonder Pink)
Yellow suit, blonde hair (Wonder Yellow)
White suit, black hair (Wonder White)
Black suit, black hair (Wonder Black)
Purple suit, blonde hair (Vorkken)

* KIRBY HAT *

Wonder-Eyes mask and red scarf

Last edited:

Alvis

Smash Rookie
Count me in as a supporter! I loved the game to death, but wasn't too sure about its chances of getting repped. But he's the last character I truly want in, so here's all my hopes!

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
This makes me so happy to see.
Count me in as a supporter! I loved the game to death, but wasn't too sure about its chances of getting repped. But he's the last character I truly want in, so here's all my hopes!
Welcome Wonder One!
Oh look, I did a thing~ :3

WONDER RED

WONDER RED SAVES THE DAY!
Wonder Red, AKA Will Wedgewood, is the leader of the elite superhero task force known as the CENTINELS - better known by their nickname, the Wonderful 101! Utterly devoted to defending the Earth and its people from alien invaders, he enters the world of Smash to fight for justice and create a better tomorrow for all! His specials are based on the Unite Morphs wielded by his fellow heroes, while his standards attacks are a mix of weapons and utilities he can summon and transform into at will. All of his specials can be charged to increase their size and launch power, though doing so makes the move slower to compensate, and taking damage during the charge animation will cancel it. All of his customs are unique, and he has twelve different moves in all to create a diverse and dynamic moveset.

* NEUTRAL-B - UNITE HAND *
Strikes with a mighty fist. High damage and knockback, increased massively when charged at the cost of speed.

- CUSTOM 1 - UNITE SWORD -
Slashes with a valiant blade. Can be strung together up to four times even when charged, but it's relatively weak.

- CUSTOM 2 - UNITE CLAW -
Cuts with beautiful claws. Can cut up to ten times in quick succession for minimal damage, can be charged to release flurries of ice blasts.

* SIDE-B - UNITE GUN *
Shoots energy bullets from a giant gun. Can fire up to four times for minor damage, can be charged for a huge bazooka blast that does good damage.

- CUSTOM 1 - UNITE BOWGUN -
Launches heart-shaped arrows from a wondrous crossbow. Can fire one arrow at a time for moderate damage or charged to do linger damage.

- CUSTOM 2 - UNITE GOGGLES -
Fires powerful lasers from shiny goggles. Size and damage of laser increases as charged as follows: short-ranged sparks, long-ranged weak laser, long-ranged strong laser, long-ranged piercing laser.

* UP-B - UNITE WHIP *
Lashes a thorny whip that can latch onto nearby ledges. Increases range when charged, at the cost of speed, serves as a tether grab when off-stage.

- CUSTOM 1 - UNITE DRILL -
Dash upwards with a fabulous drill. Travels at a diagonal angle for continual damage and travels further when charged, at the cost of speed.

- CUSTOM 2 - UNIFY BOOMERANG -
Spins through the skies with wondrous blades. Slices upwards for continual damage and travels further when charged, at the cost of speed.

* DOWN-B - UNITE HAMMER *
Slams down with an earth-shattering hammer. Strikes straight ahead and releases a slow yet powerful shockwave that does immense damage and knockback.

- CUSTOM 1 - UNITE BOMB -
Tosses a time-slowing bomb. Releases a black hole that slows down opponents for a few seconds, size and duration increases when charged, does no damage or knockback.

- CUSTOM 2 - UNIFY NAGINATA
Creates a wall of whirling spear blades. Does continual damage and reflects projectiles, size and duration increases when charged, can't be canceled when used, can't move when used.

* FINAL SMASH - UNLIMITED FORM *
"Wonderful 101, diplomacy has failed! Activate Unlimited Forms!" In Unlimited Form, speed, jump, defense and launch power is increased significantly. Furthermore, all Unite Morphs are automatically at max size and power, with no speed penalty. Damage can still be taken if hit. Lasts ten seconds before disappearing.

Jab - Strikes with Unite Hand
Jab combo - Punches twice and uppercuts with Unite Hand
F-tilt - Lashes out with Wonder Stinger
U-tilt - Thrusts upwards with Wonder Rising
D-tilt - Spins quickly with Wonder Cyclone
F-smash - Slams Unite Hammer into the ground
U-smash - Thrusts Unite Sword upwards, reflects projectiles on startup
D-smash - Blows away with Unite Bomb
Dash - Leaps forward with Unite Glider
N-air - Slices in a circle with Unite Claw
F-air - Shoots a bullet forwards with Unite Gun
B-air - Shoots a bolt backwards with Unite Bowgun
U-air - Blasts upwards with Unite Rocket
D-air - Slams into the ground with Unite Tombstone
Grab - Grabs with Unite Whip, serves as a tether grab off-stage
Pummel - Slashes with Unite Claw
F-throw - Zaps fowards with Unite Goggles
B-throw - Throws backwards with Unify Naginata
U-throw - Pierces upwards with Unite Drill
D-throw - Cuts downwards with Unify Boomerang
Get-up - Rolls up and strikes with Unite Ball
Shield - Unite Guts appears and darkens as it takes damage
Roll - Jumps away with Unite Spring

Up taunt - Strikes a heroic pose and says, "Team, Unite Up!"
Side taunt - Points forward and says, "We fight for justice!"
Down taunt - Stands upright and salutes

* ENTRANCE *

Will Wedgewood thumps his chest and transforms into Wonder Red

* VICTORY *

Victory 1 - Strikes a heroic pose and says, "The Wonderful 101 saves the day!"
Victory 2 - Salutes nobly and says, "Well done, team!"
Victory 3 - Gazes wistfully at the sky with his fist on his heart

* COLOURS / COSTUMES*

Red suit, blonde hair (Wonder Red)
Blue suit, white hair (Wonder Blue)
Green suit, green hair (Wonder Green)
Pink suit, pink hair (Wonder Pink)
Yellow suit, blonde hair (Wonder Yellow)
White suit, black hair (Wonder White)
Black suit, black hair (Wonder Black)
Purple suit, blonde hair (Vorkken)

* KIRBY HAT *

Wonder-Eyes mask and red scarf
Why are you so amazing?
"The Wonderful 101 has been recognized as one of the Wii U’s accentuate titles. To this day no other game has been able to take full advantage of the Wii U’s Game Pad like The Wonderful 101 and it makes this title stand out to many Nintendo fans.

The Super Smash Bros franchise has been known to celebrate Nintendo’s history. I believe The Wonderful 101 deserves a playable character to celebrate and represent the Wii U in Super Smash Bros.

‘Unite Up’ and let Wonder Red lead the way!"

You guys have 101% of my support!
WELCOME!
1. We don't need all of the units. All we need is Wonder Red himself.
2. This is a non canon game with a few characters that have attacks they've never done. So Wonder Red using the other unite morphs isn't really out of the questions.
I can get more creative on the moveset if you want. But the issues you think will be an issue will NOT be a problem.
I did my civic duty. Guys I think hes got a good shot because its quite clear sakurai likes the w101. they got way too many shoutouts for something so "obscure"
Thank you so much! And agreed. I think Wonder Red was actually being considered but was cut out during the planning phase.
Oh and welcome new supporter! :D

harpuia190

Smash Ace
Thank you so much! And agreed. I think Wonder Red was actually being considered but was cut out during the planning phase.
Oh and welcome new supporter! :D
Absolutely agree... and even though Wonder Red wont be topping the polls, it should at least be enough for Sakurai to notice him being up there and say "Lets give this another shot".

Last edited:

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
I feel it necessary to add, if it hasn't been already, the application of Codec style intros by Wonder Red should he make it into the game.

"If it isn't King Koopa, tyrant king of the koopa nation and scourge of the Mushroom kingdom, AKA Bowser!"

Enyalb

NNID
BLAYNEproject
3DS FC
5300-9911-6250
I feel it necessary to add, if it hasn't been already, the application of Codec style intros by Wonder Red should he make it into the game.

"If it isn't King Koopa, tyrant king of the koopa nation and scourge of the Mushroom kingdom, AKA Bowser!"
Things are going to get wierd when he and Pit cross-codec each other.

Last edited:

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
Oh, and one more thing. Turns out youtuber Goodbye18000 made a video call out for Wonder Red's inclusion into the fight. I think it will feel right at home in this thread.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Whenever I question my faith in Wonder Red, I just listen to The Won-Stoppable Wonderful 100 and The Won-Stoppable Wonderful 101 and my passion is instantly reignited.

So good. <3

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I listen to Tables Turn, personally. It's really effective at getting you excited!

harpuia190

Smash Ace
I have been listening to the OST and its so good, it already is a great fit for smash

CrimsonSmasher

Smash Cadet
NNID
NintenJerry
3DS FC
3737-9960-0814
Count me in, everyone! I've yet to finish The Wonderful 101, but I think we can all agree that Smash Bros. 4 needs more Infinite Big Bang Fabulous Henshin Hero Crimson JUSTICE!

Enyalb

NNID
BLAYNEproject
3DS FC
5300-9911-6250
So, some guys over on Reddit made a poll on who's voting for who. Outside a ton of questionable choices, our man in question is rather high on the list.

TL;DR, Wonder-Red's ranked 17 over a hundred other characters, with our good subordinate Bayonetta is 8. Pretty good progress if I do say so myself.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
UPDATE: Starting up work on a New OP.

This one will be more focused on the votes with some elements of the current OP still in there.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643

Can anyone help me get this gif to say something along the lines of "Submit Votes" or "Stuff Ballot" It would be a really humorous yet attention grabbing way to put our votes in.

D

Deleted member

Red using the other morphs isn't really that farfetched considering Ness special moves are all from Paula(with the exception of PK Flash) and PK Starstorm is used by Poo, if the want him to represent the game as a whole, they'll probably do it.
Also, in the final battle, each of the main Wonderful Ones make their Unite Morphs out of thin air.

Enyalb

NNID
BLAYNEproject
3DS FC
5300-9911-6250

Can anyone help me get this gif to say something along the lines of "Submit Votes" or "Stuff Ballot" It would be a really humorous yet attention grabbing way to put our votes in.
I've come to deliver, but the gif had to be altered slightly. KAIOKEN X7 UNITE VOTE!

Special thanks goes to my good friend @ Solfiner Solfiner for providing this wonderful gif.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I've come to deliver, but the gif had to be altered slightly. KAIOKEN X7 UNITE VOTE!

Special thanks goes to my good friend @ Solfiner Solfiner for providing this wonderful gif.
Thank you based Wonder @ Solfiner Solfiner -sama~ <3

I hope that, if Red doesn't make the cut this time, the fan support at least convinces Ninty to greenlight a sequel. That'd still afford Red a decent chance for the next game. :3

Enyalb

NNID
BLAYNEproject
3DS FC
5300-9911-6250
Thank you based Wonder @ Solfiner Solfiner -sama~ <3

I hope that, if Red doesn't make the cut this time, the fan support at least convinces Ninty to greenlight a sequel. That'd still afford Red a decent chance for the next game. :3
If Red doesn't make the cut, the next best thing would be having Wonderful outfits for the miis. Red, Blue, and Green for the Brawler, Swordsman, and Gunner class respectively. Not as good as an actual character but it's something.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
Count me in for Wonder red SUPPOORTER! ( If i'm not already?! don't remember! )

My list for favorite newcomer DLC :
1- K Rool,
2 - Isaac
3 - Wonder Red
4 - Dixie Kong

Last edited:
Last edited:

Enyalb

NNID
BLAYNEproject
3DS FC
5300-9911-6250
might as well join in
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/289653643#p289657432

vote for Wonder red. might get some people from 4chan to vote for Red. That's the plan but who knows if they will foloow it.

yes they have terrible taste there but hey whatever works for red

EDIT NEW THREAD

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/289658593#p289658593

EDIT wait this is the real one?
http://strawpoll.me/4050816
>Red winning at 54% at the time of this writing.

Excellent.

Remember that time when Kamiya visted /v/ about a year ago?

Top Bottom