• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vote Wonder Red! - Wonder-Red's Last Stand?! Final Days of the Fighter Ballot

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
As a fan of Wonderful 101, Wonder Red was a character I wanted in Smash Bros 4, and I'm willing to lay my name down as a Wonderful One for Wonder Red's inclusion! Wonder...SUPPORT!!

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Heads Up: Working on OP updates. Mostly on the arguments. But i am also trying to clean up the OP. I wont be deleting anything. But just re-organizing things.

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Heads Up: Working on OP updates. Mostly on the arguments. But i am also trying to clean up the OP. I wont be deleting anything. But just re-organizing things.
Something I think would be great in the OP would be a listing of his potential, with brainstorming and suggestions in spoilers boxes, similar to King K. Rool's thread. It would allow to show the character's potential more easily and, more importantly, give readers freedom in order to imagine their own moveset. Those already written in the OP, on the other hand, would still stay as a way to illustrate what would be said in this listing. Though I admit it may be a lot of work, but I'd gladly write it if you don't want to do it.

Btw, I just beaten the game very recently. An epic final boss, and I finally can play on the Mario Galaxy stage without worrying about spoiling myself this music in the game it comes from - it was worth it, because it is an awesome track. I'm obviously going to play it again with a harder difficulty!

Also from what I read somewhere, this game is supposed to have many references to Nintendo universes, isn't it? The collectible heart parts are an obvious one I won't even say where it comes from, though the final boss has some pretty neat references as well:

Jergingha's first form is reminiscent of Mother Brain from the Metroid series, while one of its second form's attacks (the claw-base one) uses a rip similar to the one in the Magicant stage... though this later is probably just coincidental and maybe didn't even appear in the original Mother games >_>

Are they some less obvious references I probably missed through the game? It would also make perfect sense for this game to have many Nintendo references, knowing it was at first supposed to feature the cast of Super Smash Bros.

Last edited:
Something I think would be great in the OP would be a listing of his potential, with brainstorming and suggestions in spoilers boxes, similar to King K. Rool's thread. It would allow to show the character's potential more easily and, more importantly, give readers freedom in order to imagine their own moveset. Those already written in the OP, on the other hand, would still stay as a way to illustrate what would be said in this listing. Though I admit it may be a lot of work, but I'd gladly to write it if you don't want to do it.

Btw, I just beaten the game very recently. An epic final boss, and I finally can play on the Mario Galaxy stage without worrying about spoiling myself this music in the game it comes from - it was worth it, because it is an awesome track. I'm obviously going to play it again with a harder difficulty!

Also from what I read somewhere, this game is supposed to have many references to Nintendo universes, isn't it? The collectible heart parts are an obvious one I won't even say where it comes from, though the final boss has some pretty neat references as well:

Jergingha's first form is reminiscent of Mother Brain from the Metroid series, while one of its second form's attacks (the claw-base one) uses a rip similar to the one in the Magicant stage... though this later is probably just coincidental and maybe didn't even appear in the original Mother games >_>

Are they some less obvious references I probably missed through the game? It would also make perfect sense for this game to have many Nintendo references, knowing it was at first supposed to feature the cast of Super Smash Bros.
Dont forget the punch out references.

D

Deleted member

I would believe Wonder-Jergingha is a reference to all the "Head and hands" bosses we usually have, especially in Zelda games

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Why don't I get alerts for this thread? Ugh. It bugs so much. Oh, well.

One thing that some guy from YouTube noticed that I thought was really interesting was how Gimme's Giga-Goojin Galactica Supernova could be a reference to the Galactica Shadow Punch from King of Fighters. Also, there are tons of Bayonetta references in the game, and that's excluding her appearance as a playable character.
Anyway, there's one thing I've been meaning to ask for awhile now. How do you guys think Jergingha measures up against Jubileus, Aesir, and Senator Armstrong, all forms and phases included? I've heard a lot of debate go on between them, and I'm curious as to what you guys think.
Personally, I thought Jergingha blew everybody else out of the water. The sheer scale of the fight, the build-up, the impressive difficulty and the variety kept it long without becoming stale. I didn't feel like it to relied too much on QTEs, and the game's very last QTE felt very urgent and awesome. It really felt like the culmination of everything you had learned in the game. For me, Jergingha is easily the best PlatinumGames Final Boss.

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Why don't I get alerts for this thread? Ugh. It bugs so much. Oh, well.

One thing that some guy from YouTube noticed that I thought was really interesting was how Gimme's Giga-Goojin Galactica Supernova could be a reference to the Galactica Shadow Punch from King of Fighters. Also, there are tons of Bayonetta references in the game, and that's excluding her appearance as a playable character.
Anyway, there's one thing I've been meaning to ask for awhile now. How do you guys think Jergingha measures up against Jubileus, Aesir, and Senator Armstrong, all forms and phases included? I've heard a lot of debate go on between them, and I'm curious as to what you guys think.
Personally, I thought Jergingha blew everybody else out of the water. The sheer scale of the fight, the build-up, the impressive difficulty and the variety kept it long without becoming stale. I didn't feel like it to relied too much on QTEs, and the game's very last QTE felt very urgent and awesome. It really felt like the culmination of everything you had learned in the game. For me, Jergingha is easily the best PlatinumGames Final Boss.
Every major Platinum title is bigger then the last when it comes to the final boss. So scale wise the fight is a lot better.

I honestly enjoyed the final fight in W101 more then the others.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I've been thinking recently about our good friend Will, and his chances of being playable in Smash. While I think we can all agree it's a wonderful idea, I'm concerned that he may have missed his big chance. The Wonderful 101 is a strange case as far as cultural relevance goes, as it was released just too late for it to make an impact on Smash 4 - late 2013, to be precise, well after the roster had been decided. While Sakurai was clearly aware of the game and thought it merited a few nice shout-outs in Smash 4, it's also clear that there was little to no chance of Wonder Red - or indeed any TW101 character - being playable in Smash. The timing was just too slipshod for it.

DLC may still be Red's saving grace, but that's highly speculative at this point. There are too many variables and moving wheels to consider, and I don't think Red is terribly high on the list of priority characters. I'm still confident that a sequel to the game would tremendously boost Red's chances of appearing in Smash, of course; if not as DLC, then possibly even the next Smash game, presuming there is one. I'm quite happy to wait if it means ol' Will Wedgewood gets to Unite Up someday.

I've been thinking recently about our good friend Will, and his chances of being playable in Smash. While I think we can all agree it's a wonderful idea, I'm concerned that he may have missed his big chance. The Wonderful 101 is a strange case as far as cultural relevance goes, as it was released just too late for it to make an impact on Smash 4 - late 2013, to be precise, well after the roster had been decided. While Sakurai was clearly aware of the game and thought it merited a few nice shout-outs in Smash 4, it's also clear that there was little to no chance of Wonder Red - or indeed any TW101 character - being playable in Smash. The timing was just too slipshod for it.

DLC may still be Red's saving grace, but that's highly speculative at this point. There are too many variables and moving wheels to consider, and I don't think Red is terribly high on the list of priority characters. I'm still confident that a sequel to the game would tremendously boost Red's chances of appearing in Smash, of course; if not as DLC, then possibly even the next Smash game, presuming there is one. I'm quite happy to wait if it means ol' Will Wedgewood gets to Unite Up someday.
Honestly i think 102 is his best chance. im not sure how likely that is but it would boost his chances enormously. He wouldnt be a one off anymore and this one would probably seel better as well. Plus more moveset potential more character development etc.

Without a new game i dont see him becoming a character as sad as it is.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
guys i had a wonderful idea foe amiibo support for a hypothetical W101 2

tieing in with the game's early development amiibos could be used to unlock bonus wonderful ones based on the characters, wonder link, wonder toad, wonder kirby itd be awesome

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301

tieing in with the game's early development amiibos could be used to unlock bonus wonderful ones based on the characters, wonder link, wonder toad, wonder kirby itd be awesome
It's funny 'cos that's what the game was going to be in the concept stage.

That would be amazing, I'd love if that was a real thing~ <3

Gee i wondee what weapon lunk would use

Unify voomerang of course

Currently trying to write a moveset for red. I learned he really has too much moveset potential and i spend more time choosing than trying to think of any.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101

That would be awesome! I'd love to see Mario, Link, Samus, Kirby, and all of the other amiibo Wonderized! Of course, assuming The Wonderful 102 happens, Wonder-Miis will probably be a thing, and the amiibo might just unlock costumes for them. I don't think that's nearly as cool as your idea, though.
Gee i wondee what weapon lunk would use

Unify voomerang of course

Currently trying to write a moveset for red. I learned he really has too much moveset potential and i spend more time choosing than trying to think of any.
Story of my life. Seriously, he has so many possible moves, we could probably make an entire thread just about what Unite Morphs and other little weapons he could use. I wound up just assigning each Unite Morph to a different Custom move because it was impossible for me to decide on a better system.

Does anybody else think that The Wonderful 101 would make a really good fighting game spin-off? I mean, getting a spin-off game would basically confirm The Wonderful 102, and I think they could make it very interesting. Personally, I'd like to see a slightly more complex mix of traditional battling and Smash Bros. battling. Like, you would have a health bar like traditional games, but it would support 4 players and have smaller stages. You wouldn't be forced to face your opponent, but at the same time you wouldn't have a ton of room to run away. I just wonder how they would do characters like the GEATHJERK Officers and Jergingha. Not to start a Ridley thing, but don't you think they're just a little too big?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Since I finally my Gamepad, I finally got to play Wonderful 101 this week.
And holy freaking cow, this game has tight tight controls, I absolutely love the gameplay.
The only issue I had really It tends to be a bit too much in terms of cinematics and it takes really long to get used to the controls.
I have full support for Wonder-Red now.
Now I feel bad for this franchise, I'm really hoping it gets a successful sequel next time.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Since I finally my Gamepad, I finally got to play Wonderful 101 this week.
And holy freaking cow, this game has tight tight controls, I absolutely love the gameplay.
The only issue I had really It tends to be a bit too much in terms of cinematics and it takes really long to get used to the controls.
I have full support for Wonder-Red now.
Now I feel bad for this franchise, I'm really hoping it gets a successful sequel next time.
So how far into the game are you? Personally, I loved the controls. Yes, they're very tight and take some getting used to, but once you do get used to them, the game becomes incredibly fun and precise feeling. Also, I don't know if you know this, but you can hit Y to dash, and then release Y and keep dashing. As long as you keep moving after releasing Y, you'll keep dashing. It's very helpful in platforming sections. And, just another tip, you can also group up your team by holding in the left stick, which can also be used for taunting.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Where do we vote for them? I missed the first fifteen minutes of the Direct.

Blade Knight

Smash Ace
I threw my vote in for Red. It was between him and K. Rool, and I'm sure the good king will be getting a ton of votes, likely enough to get in, anyway.

Enyalb

Hardcore Wonder-Casual Dragoon
NNID
BLAYNEproject
3DS FC
5300-9911-6250
I'm just gonna drop this off here because I too voted for Wonder-Red DLC, and I would cry wonderful manly tears if the dream becomes a reality.

Last edited:

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
If I had a second vote, I would vote for Shovel Knight, but for my one and only vote, it went to Wonder Red.

D

Deleted member

I think the ballot will only accept one vote for IP adress(though I'm not sure tbh), so I voted on Red, it's a good thing he finally has a chance, but most people will vote on veterans and Ridley/Waluigi/Dixie/etc

Blade Knight

Smash Ace
I feel like Wolf/King K. Rool are about the only sure bet characters. Though because I think that watch neither get in. Still if we're getting (let's say) 3-5 characters from tihs ballot I'd imagine it'd go:
1) Wolf
2) King K. Rool/Inkling
3) King K. Rool/Inkling (whoever didn't get in first)

And then a 4th and 5th who are basically totally up in the air. Maybe Isaac, maybe Red, maybe Shovel Knight or Shantae. Who knows.

Diplomacy has failed. But democracy has not.

Vote red for your smash bros representative.
I still havent finished that moveset lol. Its not even good.

liammiller18

Smash Rookie
Tokusatsu fans, Smash Fans, Gamers! Raise your hands and lend the Best Friend Zaibatsu our power!
Woah, awesome! Liam from TBFP here! Just wanted to come here and share that we're pushing the hashtag "#WonderRed4Smash", and we're going to blow him up even more with some stuff we have in store. We really want him to make it, so we're going to do our best to get him to the top!

D

Deleted member

@ 8-peacock-8 8-peacock-8 You should change the thread's title to "Vote Wonder-Red in the Smash Ballot"
Let's get these hashtags going #WonderRed4Smash #UniteVote #Diplomacy

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Woah, awesome! Liam from TBFP here! Just wanted to come here and share that we're pushing the hashtag "#WonderRed4Smash", and we're going to blow him up even more with some stuff we have in store. We really want him to make it, so we're going to do our best to get him to the top!

1. Freaking out because Liam-senpai noticed us.

2. It's great to know you guys are in full support! THIS IS WONDERFUL!

Last edited:

Enyalb

Hardcore Wonder-Casual Dragoon
NNID
BLAYNEproject
3DS FC
5300-9911-6250
Tokusatsu fans, Smash Fans, Gamers! Raise your hands and lend the Best Friend Zaibatsu our power!

https://m.facebook.com/tbfprulz/pho...73957342411/968978209781978/?type=1&source=48
I can't, I'm too busy waving my arms around at the fact Liam-Senpai replied to this thread.

(btw I look forward to you guys' first anniversary of Friday Night Fisticuffs, can't believe it's almost been a year since that started)

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I can't, I'm too busy waving my arms around at the fact Liam-Senpai replied to this thread.

(btw I look forward to you guys' first anniversary of Friday Night Fisticuffs, can't believe it's almost been a year since that started)

Just voted for Wonder Red and Snake. Count me in!
Diplomacy has failed. But democracy has not.

Vote red for your smash bros representative.
I still havent finished that moveset lol. Its not even good.
If I had a second vote, I would vote for Shovel Knight, but for my one and only vote, it went to Wonder Red.
THE TRUE HEROES OF THE THREAD! THE PEOPLE WHO VOTE AND SUPPORT FOR THE HERO!

NNID
Majorasmask66
My most wanted is Hades but oh my god if Wonder Red gets in I will probably die of hype. No, I WILL die of hype. He NEEDS to be in Smash. Also thats freaking awesome that the super best friends guys are trying to get him in Smash.

Last edited:
Top Bottom