• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vote Wonder Red! - Wonder-Red's Last Stand?! Final Days of the Fighter Ballot

IronFish

Smash Ace
Did you add my moveset? it was a one based on him not having unite morphs though...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Adding your moveset and you to the OP.
Thanks dude!
Btw, stage idea using Yellow Devil concept: Jergingha interior- first part of the stage with his "Mother Brain" form and that tentacles things attacking the fighters; second part consists of fighting him as a boss while on his Wonder-Jergingha form, pretty simple and a good way to represent the game

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I was asked to post this here, by the thread creator.

Wonderful 101 has rather terrible sales. It has only sold, last I checked, around 0.2 million, or 200k. Which is pretty awful.

Make of that as you will. Whether it affects his chances or not. I don't know, nor do I really care. That's up to someone else to decide.

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
Well I think the decision to add the character or not was made before the game was even released.

Itty Bit

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Itty Bit♪
3DS FC
2878-9679-6999
Wonder Red is someone I would really like to see in the new Smash Bros. It's a real big shame that people are complaining about Nintendo not making new IPs on Miiverse, but pretty much everybody already forgot The Wonderful 101...
Maybe this will be their second chance at selling the game if he makes it in, who knows.

D

Deleted member

Wonderful 101 has rather terrible sales. It has only sold, last I checked, around 0.2 million, or 200k. Which is pretty awful.

Make of that as you will. Whether it affects his chances or not. I don't know, nor do I really care. That's up to someone else to decide.
I don't know, I think Ness was way more unknown the time SSB64 came out, can anyone find how much they had sold at the time?

WonderSmash

Smash Apprentice

Also keep in mind that those are only the reported hard copy sales. W101 was also a downloadable game and those numbers are not part of your tally. While you're right that the game didn't sell well just google search the name - there is a ton of positive support for the game. It's considered a diamond in the rough and will likely become this generations Earthbound

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Also keep in mind that those are only the reported hard copy sales. W101 was also a downloadable game and those numbers are not part of your tally. While you're right that the game didn't sell well just google search the name - there is a ton of positive support for the game. It's considered a diamond in the rough and will likely become this generations Earthbound
For whatever reason. Nintendo seems reluctant to give out download sales of games, which makes the awfully hard to find. However it's a rather safe bet that the majority of the people who have game consoles will buy a hard copy instead of a digital one. So that actual impact it would effects wouldn't be that much, I wouldn't expect any more then 0.1 or 0.2 increase.
The game has had positive feedback yes. But in the end sales matter more, in terms of money that is. Also remember that Mother is a Sakurai favorite.

Well, we don't know if Sakurai is a W101 fan, do we?
But we DO KNOW that he loves the Mother series.

D

Deleted member

Isn't there evidence somewhere stating he visitied platinum games when smash4 development started?
If he did, we could say he has 101% chance of being playable
Btw, if Vorkken is an alternate costume and one of his taunts isn't "Dying is a terrible fate!" Sakurai is going to have some trouble(joke)

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Yes Sakurai did visit Platnium Games studio. But we don't know why and it could have easily been something not related to Smash. Also remember the PG is behind Bayonetta and that its sequel is exclusively on the Wii-U.

WonderSmash

Smash Apprentice
Yes Sakurai did visit Platnium Games studio. But we don't know why and it could have easily been something not related to Smash. Also remember the PG is behind Bayonetta and that its sequel is exclusively on the Wii-U.
True, but keep in mind that Bayonetta is a Sega owned IP where the W101 is a Nintendo owned IP

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Wonder Red kind of outweighs Bayonetta for multiple reasons when it comes to which one they'd choose for Smash.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Wonder Red kind of outweighs Bayonetta for multiple reasons when it comes to which one they'd choose for Smash.
I agree as much as I'd like to see Bayonetta in smash Wonder Red seems much more likely.
And on the subject of Sakurai visiting Platinum he probably thought their games looked fun and wanted to go play them.
Meaning that he could be a fan of either of those games making it more and more likely that a character from one of those games will make it in.

D

Deleted member

The guys were literally made for Smash, I think Sakurai would have noticed this if he went on PG during the game's development

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Smash bros Pros and Cons: Wonder Red Vs. Bayonetta

Wonder Red:
+ Fits in with the entire cast.
+ Has great moveset potential.
+ Unique gameplay.
+ Platinum Games rep! :awesome:
+ Owned by Nintendo

- Might've been ignored by Sakurai when he made the roster.

Bayonetta:
+ Moveset potential on par with Wonder Red.
+ Unique Gameplay
+ PLATINUM REP! :awesome:

- Wouldn't fit in that well. She would probably have her character ruined by being toned down. (Sumo was worried about that when they cut her from the Sega All-Stars Racing roster)
- Guns probably getting removed. (Which is a bad thing in this case)
- SEGA character.
- Unlikely to get another SEGA character.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Why there isn't Alt.Costumes in the OP?
I shall start it!
Prince Vorkken: the guy is Wonder-Red's doppelgänger, if he receives the same treatment as Lil Mac(that's how I call the guy) and WFT, there's no reason to not be him, it's the most obvious choice, and I already said this, but I demand the change of one of his taunts to "Dying is a terrible fate!"

Last edited by a moderator:

IronFish

Smash Ace
Smash bros Pros and Cons: Wonder Red Vs. Bayonetta

Wonder Red:
+ Fits in with the entire cast.
+ Has great moveset potential.
+ Unique gameplay.
+ Platinum Games rep! :awesome:
+ Owned by Nintendo

Bayonetta:
+ Moveset potential on par with Wonder Red.
+ Unique Gameplay
+ PLATINUM REP! :awesome:

- Wouldn't fit in that well. She would probably have her character ruined by being toned down. (Sumo was worried about that when they cut her from the Sega All-Stars Racing roster)
- Guns probably getting removed. (Which is a bad thing in this case)
- SEGA character.
- Unlikely to get another SEGA character.
I always thought they could just change her guns to lasers and make her clothes NOT disappear when she uses her magic... and make her not groan as much when attacking...

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I always thought they could just change her guns to lasers and make her clothes NOT disappear when she uses her magic... and make her not groan as much when attacking...
The problem is that there's always that fear of ruining her character. Which was non existent with Snake because he's not LEWD.

WonderSmash

Smash Apprentice
She would only say something in her taunts and it probably would be a sly giggle or something, other than that I don't see what here problems are...

Also I can see both getting in
Only thing in the way is that she'd be the second Sega rep. I really don't think a 3rd party company would get 2 reps in what is essentially a Nintendo Hall of Fame game

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Probably. Was just posting an alternative. Although the more likely one was that his visit to the studio was not related to Smash.

Only thing in the way is that she'd be the second Sega rep. I really don't think a 3rd party company would get 2 reps in what is essentially a Nintendo Hall of Fame game
Representation in general is a rather flimsy argument. While it seems like it would make sense. The more likely thing is that Sakurai actually doesn't care as much about representation that many people would think. Any 3rd party character would have to fall under a "special" condition, however. I don't remember if it was the creator of W101 or Bayonetta that said they had interest in seeing the character in Smash, if it was Bayonetta's then another Snake case could be possible no matter how unlikely.

Not that I actually care either way which, or even if they, get in. Just pointing out details.

Last edited:

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
I already stated a pretty good (in my opinion) argument for Wonder Red's inclusion a few pages back, but to that end, Sakurai visited the PG studio to get a look at their then-upcoming E3 game (revealed to be Wonderful 101) during the time when he was deciding the roster (between the finishing of KI:U and the E3 trailer unveil), so in a lot less words than last time, haha, Wonder Red is a lot more likely than we may think. He's not by any means a definite confirm, but his chances are a lot higher and would have nothing to do with the sales of his game as some like to point out as an argument against him, since the roster would have been decided (and Wonder Red therefore decided on in the case that he's in) way before his game released, same with Greninja to an extent.

D

Deleted member

Sakurai: So, I really want to use one of your characters in the next SSB, do you have any sugestions?
Kamiya: Why don't you use Bayonetta?
S: But, doesn't she gets naked a little?
K: Any problem?
S: Can I put some clothes on her?
K: Don't you dare to do that!
S: And who should I use them?
K: What about Viewtiful Joe?
S: Who?
K: This guy *shows VJ picture*
S: Oh, that's Wonder-Red!
K: ...
S: What?
K:Have you ever played one of my games?
S: Yes-- no-- actually, just The Wonderful 101
K: So, use Wonder-Red, but don't limit yourself just to Unite-Hand
S: Don't worry, I'll have sure I use Unite-Punch too *laughs*
K: *laughs* No, seriously, use the other Unite-Morphs too.
S: *laughs* I bet you could already call him "Wonder-Falcon" *laughs*
K: *laughs* Please, don't do that

TheSkuxxedOne

Smash Cadet
Sakurai may have hinted Wonder Red in the Little Mac Trailer. It was small but very possible.
I made a video about it too, check it out if your interested...

Last edited:

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai may have hinted Wonder Red in the Little Mac Trailer. It was small but very possible.

Sakurai did visit platinum games during development stage and hideki the director of "Wonderful 101", said this twitter of why sakurai visited, "He looked cute" lol I don't know what I'm trying to imply here is that his the only director that replied about "sakurai getting caught sneaking into platinum games". So it could involve on something to do with hideki and sakurai.

Just another possibility.

WonderSmash

Smash Apprentice
I've been posting that all around the forums and everyone's like "pssssh no thats stupid look at this cloud of pac-man instead"

mimgrim

Smash Hero

Welp. Normally you see people try to make mole hills mad into mountains.

But here we have a person making a ant hill into a mountain.

Your looking waaaaaaay too much into this.

Top Bottom