• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vote Wonder Red! - Wonder-Red's Last Stand?! Final Days of the Fighter Ballot

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
if it isnt the fastest hedgehog in the world, destroyer of robots saver of flickies: SONIC THE HEDGEHOG!

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
So here's a question for you guys. What type of moveset would you like to see for Wonder Red?

1. Wonder Red by himself.

2. Wonderful 101 composite being that's just a unite morph of all 101 heroes. (Uses all the main weapons. Hand, gun, sword, whip, hammer, claws, and bomb)

3. The main heroes all have their own movesets and switch out via down special.

OmegaRS

Smash Apprentice
I'd like the character slot to be labeled as "Wonderful 100". Instead of palette swaps, you take control of Wonder Red, Green, Blue, Pink, Black, Yellow, or White with the same attacks and similar animations and they use their Unite Morph powers as their attacks, so that way no single hero has to be chosen to represent the game, it's the whole (Okay maybe not all 100) crew. I haven't played Wonderful 101 so I can't say anything other than that.

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I'm part of the side that wants him by himself but you can see the other heroes in the unite morphs. (Just like in the game) (So he's not exactly by himself.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Probably in a Final Smash. If he is by himself making Blue, Pink and Black alts wouldn't be that hard. Yellow and Green would have troubles because of hitboxes though.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I think Wonder Red by himself, using most of the game's morph seems like the best way to approach it.
Just Wonder Red with a call-in summon playstyle, that'd work wonders, I mean, for blade, like, Wonder Blue appears for a moment and dissapears...although all of those character models would be a programming AND loading hell.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
So like Fat Princess in PSASBR? She would have moves that would summon her soldiers for a couple seconds to attack for her. (Knight would charge forward and do a quick slash, wizard would toss a fireball, etc.)

Grab: Wonder Pink

Down Smash: Wonder Yellow

Forward Special Wonder White

Down Special: Wonder Black

Forward Smash: Wonder Blue

Neutral Special: Wonder Green

I think i could work with that and make a moveset.

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero

AAAA: Basic Combo - Unlike other basic combos this one has four hits. (Right hook, left hook, uppercut, charge punch)
Dash: Wonder Stinger - Wonder Charges forward at high speeds with his fist pointed forward.
Forward Tilt: A forward kick.
Down Tilt/Crouch: Foot sweep.
Up Tilt: Does an upward kick.

Smashes:
Down Smash: Wonder Yellow appears and smashes the hammer onto the ground creating an explosion.
Forward Smash: Wonder Blue appears and uses the Wonder Stinger.
Up Smash: Wonderful Rising - Wonder Red deals a powerful uppercut and launches him up into the air.

Aerials:
Neutral: Wonder Red will spin around in the air punching with Unite Hand!
Forward: Wonder Red punches forward with his unite hand.
Down: Wonder Red slashes down with a Dechno-Bo. (Feeling a bit beside yourself Laambo?)
Back: Wonder Green appears and shoots a round behind Wonder Red.
Up: Wonderful Rising - Wonder Red uses his uppercut move.

Specials:
Neutral Spacial: UNITE GUN! - Wonder Green appears and fires off a round from his unite morph.
Forward Spacial: UNITE CLAWS! - Wonder White appears and slashes his claws. This sends waves of energy at opponents and will randomly freeze opponents.
Up Special: UNITE ROCKET! - Wonder Red does his unite morph and creates his rocket. This allows him to fly upward in a straight line. (The rocket will continue to fall until it lifts off if done in the air)
Down Special: UNITE BOMB! - Wonder Black appears and tosses one of his bombs. This bomb will slow down the opponents in time temporarily. This moves can NOT be spammed.]

FINAL SMASH: UNITE BIG! - Wonder Red becomes his giant unite morph and proceeds to plow through enemies. He will only be able to do his basic combo while in this form. (Massive strength boost and the inability to be ko'd by enemies makes up for this)

Throws:
Grab: UNITE WHIP! - Wonder Pink appears and pulls the opponent towards Wonder Red with her whip.
Pummel: Wonder Red holds the opponent by their clothes/fur/armor and punches them repeatedly in the face.
Forward Throw: Wonder Green shoots the opponent away in a super scope round.
Down Throw: UNITE TOMBSTONE! - Wonder Red slams the victim on the ground, jumps in the air, and turns into the tombs stone. The tomb stone will then fall and crush the opponent.
Up Throw: Wonder Red will toss the opponent up into the air and then toss up a car to him them from bellow.
Back Throw: Wonder Blue appears and uses his sword to sling the victim away.

Dodge Roll: Wonder Spring - Wonder Red will bounce back in a giant energy spring.

Shield: Unite Guts - The Unite Guts will appear instead of the usual shield.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
That's a pretty cool moveset. One thing that stands out is the four hit jab, don't really see many jabs that do more than three hits. Unless you have continuous ones like Fox's kick and Falcon's punch. Though I feel that the Tombstone would be better fit as the Down Air attack.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
The Tombstone is too much like Kirby's down B. I'd rather Wonder Red not have many clone moves.
He I don't see a reason why he wouldn't have it. By token you could argue Bowser's down B is the same as Kirby's Down B except he doesn't morph into anything. Squirtle's Water Sprout is the same as Mario's Fludd. With many characters and many trademark moves there's bound to be some characters that have moves that essentially serve the same role. It doesn't really matter much if the character plays different and has a lot of different moves anyway. I think Tombstone would be great on Red.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Honestly. It would work. I just would rather have Wonder Red have a moveset that has as little similarities to any other characters as possible. Plus, Wonder Bomb is Special attack material then anything else.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I think the Wonderful Ones are a prime candidate for an awesome assist trophy, but I've tried to visualize them as characters (Because having just Red defeats the entire purpose) and I can't see it.

AAAA: Basic Combo - Unlike other basic combos this one has four hits. (Right hook, left hook, uppercut, charge punch)
Dash: Wonder Stinger - Wonder Charges forward at high speeds with his fist pointed forward.
Forward Tilt: A forward kick.
Down Tilt/Crouch: Foot sweep.
Up Tilt: Does an upward kick.

Smashes:
Down Smash: Wonder Yellow appears and smashes the hammer onto the ground creating an explosion.
Forward Smash: Wonder Blue appears and uses the Wonder Stinger.
Up Smash: Rising Upper - Wonder Red deals a powerful uppercut and launches him up into the air.

Aerials:
Neutral: Wonder Red will spin around in the air punching with Unite Hand!
Forward: Wonder Red punches forward with his unite hand.
Down: Wonder Red slashes down with a Dechno-Bo. (Feeling a bit beside yourself Laambo?)
Back: Wonder Green appears and shoots a round behind Wonder Red.
Up: Rising Upper - Wonder Red uses his uppercut move.

Specials:
Neutral Spacial: UNITE GUN! - Wonder Green appears and fires off a round from his unite morph.
Forward Spacial: UNITE CLAWS! - Wonder White appears and slashes his claws. This sends waves of energy at opponents and will randomly freeze opponents.
Up Special: UNITE ROCKET! - Wonder Red does his unite morph and creates his rocket. This allows him to fly upward in a straight line. (The rocket will continue to fall until it lifts off if done in the air)
Down Special: UNITE BOMB! - Wonder Black appears and tosses one of his bombs. This bomb will slow down the opponents in time temporarily. This moves can NOT be spammed.]

FINAL SMASH: UNITE BIG! - Wonder Red becomes his giant unite morph and proceeds to plow through enemies. He will only be able to do his basic combo while in this form. (Massive strength boost and the inability to be ko'd by enemies makes up for this)

Throws:
Grab: UNITE WHIP! - Wonder Pink appears and pulls the opponent towards Wonder Red with her whip.
Pummel: Wonder Red holds the opponent by their clothes/fur/armor and punches them repeatedly in the face.
Forward Throw: Wonder Green shoots the opponent away in a super scope round.
Down Throw: UNITE TOMBSTONE! - Wonder Red slams the victim on the ground, jumps in the air, and turns into the tombs stone. The tomb stone will then fall and crush the opponent.
Up Throw: Wonder Red will toss the opponent up into the air and then toss up a car to him them from bellow.
Back Throw: Wonder Blue appears and uses his sword to sling the victim away.

Dodge Roll: Wonder Spring - Wonder Red will bounce back in a giant energy spring.

Shield: Unite Guts - The Unite Guts will appear instead of the usual shield.
There. Blunder Red isn't by himself and he has the other heroes with him. :awesome:

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Honestly. It would work. I just would rather have Wonder Red have a moveset that has as little similarities to any other characters as possible. Plus, Wonder Bomb is Special attack material then anything else.
Well having only one move being similar to Kirby wouldn't stop him from being unique.

Also how does anyone think resource management would work with Wonder Red? Kind of like with the Pikmin, except you have a battery meter. Kind of like your battery decreases slightly with each move, and you have to charge it with the Tent. The more battery you have the bigger and stronger the morphs are. Too gimmicky?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
if it isnt the famed racer and bounty hunter, driver of the blue falcon master of the falcon punch: CAPTAIN FALCON!

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Wonder Red's trailer

The video starts off with Mario, Link, Pit, Samus, Captain Falcon, and Kirby chasing RIdley. Ridley has kidnapped Peach and Zelda and is flying through blossom city during the GEATHJERK invasion. However, Ridley is caught off gaurd when the Virgin Victory appears behind him and Wonderful 101 MAIN heroes jump off and attack the space dragon.

*Cut to gameplay*

Video ends with Heroes and Wonderful 101 shaking hands. (Ridley is trying to crawl away in the background after getting the crap kicked out of him)

MrAmaboKcorb

Smash Rookie
NNID
AmaboKcorb
I'm fully convinced that anyone who doesn't see the potential in Wonder Red for a newcomer hasn't played the game.
He's a new nintendo character
He has tons of move set potential
He's colorful and would fit in perfectly
He represents Platinum Games
Wonder Red would be a wonderful addition!

FINAL SMASH: PLATINUM ROBO
Press A rapidly for more damage :smirk:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I'm fully convinced that anyone who doesn't see the potential in Wonder Red for a newcomer hasn't played the game.

Yes. So much.

Fandangox

Smash Lord

Press A to Protect Earth. Actual Final Smash name.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I played the demo when it was on the Wii U. I thought it was hard to handle, honestly, but i liked the concept of it. Almost like super heroes meet Pikmin. And i'm a huge Pikmin fan. I'll support Wonder Red :)

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I played the demo when it was on the Wii U. I thought it was hard to handle, honestly, but i liked the concept of it. Almost like super heroes meet Pikmin. And i'm a huge Pikmin fan. I'll support Wonder Red :)
Try it again. It takes a while to get used to if you're not a character action game player. At least that's according to the people i heard on youtube.

Also, added

SpindaMaster

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3136-6569-2540
Wonder Red is the character I want the most after Shulk! I support!

Also, this should be his final smash:
Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow... Fire!

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Wonder Red is the character I want the most after Shulk! I support!

Also, this should be his final smash:
Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow... Fire!
Added to support.

Also, we have something in common it seems! :awesome:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Hi. I definently think Wonder-Red is a possible candidate, and the only character I want in more than him is Mewtwo. I constructed a Move Set for him awhile ago, and thought I'd post it for you guys. Sorry about the giant wall of text. I'm not sure how to put up the "spoiler" tab. I give thanks to SpindaMaster for the Final Smash name, since I never would have remembered it =).

WONDER-RED

(SSB4)

I Imagine Wonder Red As A Character Whose Specials Are Completley Geared Toward Augmenting The One Special That Is Offensive. While He Would Have An Incredibly Versatile Offensive Special Arsenal, He Would Have Virtually Non-Existant Recovery And Poor Smashes, Making Him Very Special Oriented And Thus Incredibly Susceptible To Stale-Move Negation. For That, He Requires A Player That Can Effectivley Utilize Any Move In His Aresenal, Which Is Quite Hard, And One Who Can Stay On Stage. Wonder-Red Is The Sole Playable Representative. He Instead Uses The Powers Of His Teamates After His Centinal Suit Was Temporarily Upgraded Just For This Occasion. =)
Neutral B-Unite Morph
Red-Punches With Wonder Fist. Can Grab Ledges And Seeks Them Out. Sends Into Helpless In Midair Afterwards.
Blue-Swings Valiantium Blade. Has Great Range For A Non-Projectile, But Slightly Below Average Damage.
Green-Shoots Himself At Players. Seeks Out Ledges On Lower Charges. Changes Appearance And Power Based On Charge. By Holding B Button On Higher Charges, He Can Angle Himself. Sends Into Helpless In Midair Afterwards.

Pink-Whips Belmont Alloy Whip Forward, Smacking Them And Picking Up First Enemy To Touch It And Throws Forward. Seeks Out And Can Grab Ledges. Sends Into Helpless In Midair Afterwards.
Yellow-Swings Hammer For Massive Destruction. Goes Straight Down When Used In Midair And Is A Meteor Smash. Can Generate Very Small Shockwave Of Varying Size Based On Charge. No Or Little Charge Means No Shockwave. Can Bury Grounded Opponents On Full Charge.
White-Performs A Swipe With Claws. Can Follow It Up With A Weak But Lengthy Combo By Mashing B. Paralyzes Enemies Briefly Based On Charge. Has Ice Side Effect, But Cannot Freeze Enemies Solid. Can Be Used To Stall In Midair. Sends Into Helpless After Used In Midair.
Black-Pulls Out Time Bomb And Throws It To The Ground. Deals Small Damage And Slows Down Time For The Enemy In Immediate Area. Range And Length Of Slowness Determined By Charge.
Over B-Unite Charge-Red Kneels Over, Glowing In The Energy Of The Unite Morph He Is Currently In Possession Of, And Charges Up Power. Pulses Said Color When Completely Charged. The Charge Increases Both The Size And Power Of The Unite Morph.
Down B-Unite Swap-Red Flashes The Color Of One Of His Team Mates And Switches To That Colored Unite Morph. Charges From Over B Cannot Be Transferred Between Colors. Switches In The Order Shown In Neutral B, And Defaults As Red When A Battle Starts.
Up B-Wonder-Jump-Red Jumps Upward. It Jumps Even Lower Than His Double Jump, And Has Low Mobility Control, Being Able To Go Only A Small Distance Sideways. Sends Him Into Helpless Afterwards. This Means You Should Probably Use Unite Morphs For Recovery. Regardless, Red’s Recovery Is Very Poor. Very Sudden Though, Unlike Normal Jumps. Can Be Used To Quickly Evade Small-Hitbox Projectiles And Attacks And Follow It Up From Behind With A Smash.
Final Smash-Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow… FIRE!!!!
Shoots A Beam Across The Screen From His Wonderful Pendant That Deals 999% Damage In Less Than A Second. Hits About 999 Times A Second, Each Hit Dealing Around 500% Damage. Deals Knockback Cap-Knockback, Sending Them Flying At The Max Speed Possible In The Game. The Beam Is Incredibly Large And A Nearly Unavoidable Final Smash, Unless You Get Behind Red During The Move’s Absurdly Long Start-Up (It Exceeds Marth’s Critical Hit, Because He Has To Say The Entire Name. =)). The Beam Lasts About 10 Seconds. You must mash A extremely fast to charge it up during the start up and to deal extra damage once it's launched.
Smashes, Tilts, And Aerials Revolve Around Red Using Unpowered Forms Of The Unite Morphs Of Himself And Team Mates. These Are Often Weak Or Undesirable, And Require A Skilled Player To Effectively Utilize Them. Grab Uses Unpowered Unite Whip, And Throws Use A Variety Of Unite Morphs. Pummel Damages Are The Same As Everyone Else, But Distance Thrown And Knockback And Damage Dealt Are Weak.

Last edited:
Top Bottom