• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vote Wonder Red! - Wonder-Red's Last Stand?! Final Days of the Fighter Ballot

WonderSmash

Smash Apprentice
I think they are two short and need more titles in them like:
"If it isn't the mushroom kingdom's plumber in red, savior if the princess Peach and the evil Bowser's arch rival, brother to Luigi and Nintendo's mascot... MARIO!!"
"If it isn't Hyrule's silent left-handed hero of time, savior of the wise princess Zelda holder of the Master Sword and bearer of The Triforce of Courage...
LINK!!"
Seriously bro, are you reading a teleprompter?

IronFish

Smash Ace
"If it isn't the mushroom kingdom's plumber in red, savior if the princess Peach and the evil Bowser's arch rival, and Nintendo's mascot ...MARIO's brother Luigi"

"If it isn't the aura Pokemon, an evolution the emanation Pokemon Riolu, originating from and a native to the Sinnoh region, master to controlling the aura the life-force all creatures have... LUCARIO!

Last edited by a moderator:

kaliskonig

Smash Journeyman
He is my second most wanted Character. He has enough moves that the Unite Morphs generally associated with his other members won't even need to be included and can be featured in assist trophies instead.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
So Wonder Red is a trophy.

At least he's in the game!

Last edited:

juddy96

Smash Lord
My condolences to everyone who wanted Wonder Red playable. At least he made it in some way!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Sorry guys...

At least the Wonderful 101 has a lot of room to grow right? :D

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
That's a pretty detailed trophy.

It's a shame that he's not even an Assist Trophy.

D

Deleted member

Sorry guys...

At least the Wonderful 101 has a lot of room to grow right? :D
Considering shoddy sales, it's probably not getting a sequel. So no.

R.I.P. Wonder Red.

Last edited by a moderator:

Igneous42

Smash Ace
So random question time, I thought Wonderful 101 was a third party game no? Like Patinum Games isn't a second party developer to Nintendo, so does Nintendo actually own Wonderful 101 right or something? Or did they just let him be a trophy because it's a Wii U exclusive and Nintendo and Platinum are bros?

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
This was the best shot the series had at a rep, so I guess RIP W101 in Smash overall.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Honestly I didn't think he'd even get a representation in Smash

I thought it was a third party game

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
My condolences, Wonderful Supporters.

Unfortunately, it looks like our heroes couldn't do it again. They may have saved the Earth before, but still couldn't contend with the best of Nintendo Land.

Wonder-Red, and other Wonderful-colors, we salute you, our hands united.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
That's a pretty detailed trophy.

It's a shame that he's not even an Assist Trophy.
Pretty sure it's a port from Wonderful 101.

But representation is nice none the less, but it seems like we know one reason as to why Sakurai was seen around Platinum Games some months ago.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
So Wonder Red is a trophy.

At least he's in the game!
I'm bummed out myself but the fact that Platinum Games is getting themselves a trophy line up kinda gives away a possible newcomer, honestly I think this is the best news we've gotten since the information in the Direct because now we know Namco is involved and so is Platinum Games.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
So random question time, I thought Wonderful 101 was a third party game no? Like Patinum Games isn't a second party developer to Nintendo, so does Nintendo actually own Wonderful 101 right or something? Or did they just let him be a trophy because it's a Wii U exclusive and Nintendo and Platinum are bros?
Nintendo Publishes and owns the rights to the Wonderful 101. Platinum Games developed it.

Fun fact: Wonderful 101 almost featured Nintendo characters as it's heroes.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
I mean, I guess one characters misfortune may be another ones fortune. Maybe this is alluding to a possible apperance from Bayonetta? I've never really thought she or any platinum characters had a chance but seeing they have some presence in the game makes me think she may have a better chance than I thought. Then again she would still seem out of place and this could just be a marketing thing so people will check out Wonderful 101

Edit: Shun_one's post right above mine there changes things. I honestly didn't know that Nintendo owned the right to them. Not as weird to see him as a trophy in that case.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
ouch, having character deconfirmed as an assist trophy is alright because you can say "oh well, at least he is a cool assist trophy and we can see him in action" but as an ordinary trophy? That would hurt.

My condolences, Wonderful Supporters.

IronFish

Smash Ace
Goddamnit....
Platinum getting some representative... Bayonetta maybe? I think could still be an assist trophy just being show as a trophy first

Also now I want a Wonder Red alt costume for Captain.Falcon

Also Samurai is a big troll so he could still be playable XD

Last edited:

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
I'm bummed out myself but the fact that Platinum Games is getting themselves a trophy line up kinda gives away a possible newcomer, honestly I think this is the best news we've gotten since the information in the Direct because now we know Namco is involved and so is Platinum Games.
All this tells us is that they asked Platinum for some assets at some point which Smash has now repurposed. Nintendo owns the character so it's not like they're asking for third party trophies or anything.

Though maybe they also asked for some MGR music assets for Snake's stage pls bring back snake

Ragna22

Smash Ace
All this tells us is that they asked Platinum for some assets at some point which Smash has now repurposed. Nintendo owns the character so it's not like they're asking for third party trophies or anything.

Though maybe they also asked for some MGR music assets for Snake's stage pls bring back snake
If Snake does happen to come back I would be more excited for MGR music than Snake himself, Rules of Nature in Smash Bros? I'm absolutely fine with that.

D

Deleted member

Wonderful 101 is a second-party game.

lurxy

Smash Cadet
NNID
lurxylux
Switch FC
SW 7645 5399 8874
Goddamnit....
Platinum getting some representative... Bayonetta maybe? I think could still be an assist trophy just being show as a trophy first

Also now I want a Wonder Red alt costume for Captain.Falcon

Also Samurai is a big troll so he could still be playable XD
There is only one problem with this: Wonder Red's pose is the one of the original artwork of Wonderful 101. Until now every fighter or assist trophy got a new pose as a trophy. Why would they not continue this when they already have to render a version of him?

It is sad, but I think it is a good sign that even a so young franchise like Wonderful 101 is in Smash.

IronFish

Smash Ace
There is only one problem with this: Wonder Red's pose is the one of the original artwork of Wonderful 101. Until now every fighter or assist trophy got a new pose as a trophy. Why would they not continue this when they already have to render a version of him?

It is sad, but I think it is a good sign that even a so young franchise like Wonderful 101 is in Smash.
Yeah... And now Bayonetta has good chances now... Still holding out for him to be an assist trophy...

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Wonder Red would've cool, not even as an assist though?
Bummer..
It's interesting to see him without all that shine, I wonder why they never made him an Albino so he could have actual Red eyes

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
The one day I decide to check the pic of the day right when it's posted and this happens. This is the saddest of all updates. :(

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Today, we suffered a devastating blow. But the wonderful supporters will be back for Smash 5/6!

Mark my words.

Last edited:

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
That's two big character deconfirmations in as many weeks. You gotta wonder if Sakurai's doing this as a mercy to the fans.
Nothing worse than waiting until the game's already out to discover your favourite character isn't in.

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
Well let's just hope for a W101 stage or at least another W101 rep being an assist . . . ;^;

Koopaul

Smash Champion
The Wonderful 101 is the coolest new IP I've seen in a while. I hate the fact that it sold so poorly (entirely Nintendo's fault) and now Wonder Red is not even an Assist Trophy?

samsparta21

Smash Ace
Ouch. Sorry, guys. He also said on Miiverse that he made trophies of other ones, so I don't think any of them have a chance either.

Last edited:
Top Bottom