• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC, MAJOR] BAM2012 ~ Sep 29/30 - Links to Results at top of OP - "Best since Rocky"

zApollo

Smash Ace
Cheese619, if it's any consolation please take this advice. You clearly had superior tech skill and knowledge in the game, by a significant margin, but your playstyle was too rigid and transparent. After having learnt how you played in pools, during the GF set I tried different things every match to work around it, at times I got annihilated but at times it worked. No hard feelings man.

Also Ted geez why are you so bad now, I was expecting a smashing after our close set at Wintersmash but you didn't do squat.

tedeth

Smash Master
Yeah Apollo, I wasn't expecting a little ***** to be able to take a set off me but there you have it. Both of our expectations were unrealistic.

Anyway it's common knowledge that I lose when I shouldn't in winners bracket of BAM. First Corpse, then Splice, now you. Welcome to the long list of arrogant douchebags.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Yeah Apollo, I wasn't expecting a little ***** to be able to take a set off me but there you have it. Both of our expectations were unrealistic.

Anyway it's common knowledge that I lose when I shouldn't in winners bracket of BAM. First Corpse, then Splice, now you. Welcome to the long list of arrogant douchebags.
Aren't we all arrogant douchebags ted?
Wait, when did you lose to Splice?

SebryTime

Smash Rookie
Rose: You're the greatest human ever to have descended to earth, I was so grateful to have you visit my house that one time even though you showed up two hours late, I'm sorry about the temperamental behaviour of my demon-possessed cat, and also, you're welcome for the pineapple vodka - it is okay that you left it in the hotel fridge because as long as it's nowhere near me I'll avoid suffering endless humiliation from my peers.

Ted: You are the greatest. I am SO sorry about doubles D:

Luke: **** you. I would say you're better than that but i'm not 100% sure.
Who did you beat in melee at BAM? SMILE

Joe: Get wrecked in brawl (by the pools). Unlucky about not winning melee. I agree, lets get more good. You are also the best.

Escro: You got 10x better the night before BAM. What was up with that?

Jei: Thanks for housing me. You are super amazing and nice. I wish other people could have had some food though.

Batmans: Rek'd

Cal: Good ****. Too bad you SD'd a million times in pools against me. Maybe due to lack of sleep...?

Dekar: Thanks for 4 stocking me every time we played to boost my confidence. Your falcon is amazing and you are the greatest at dota videos.

Redact: 1v1 mid MM chinese rules.

Zxv: Watching your Marth in Brawl finals was amazing.

Nick: Thanks for teaming with me in melee. We did really well until I screwed up against that fox luigi team. You're really damn good. Also the greatest at Blackjack.

Forte: I am so sorry for playing Ike in P:M. You are so much better than me.

Leisha: Your ROB was ridiculous. Really close set. Well played.

Apollo: Your ZSS was amazing against Earl in crews. Please teach me how to play outside of Forward-B and Down Smash. Also I secondary Shiek. Stop stealing my characters plz. Thanks for taking the time to come talk to me and offer advice and stuff. You're a champ. Friendlies next time.

Batmans: Seriously though you're an *** hat.

SD: I saw you 4 stock Joe on FD in pools. That was the best. Thank you.

Testikills: Sportsman award for a reason. You're ****ing hilarious. Fake hype is the best.

Thanks everyone for a great weekend. Anyone I missed, sorry, I probably didn't speak to you.

10/10 would go to BAM again.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
i think everyone should hate less, and mm more. yep.

in other news, wanted to ask people who recorded to laptops... how to do? i have a capture card, but can only record if i connect the wii straight to my computer, without connecting it to the tv. i'm assuming i need another adapter or something?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
because theres nothing in act

:phone:
lowest proportion of bogans in aus
government workers
luke/rose/joe
intelligent people
julia gillard
otters

zomgonewaytickettoactplz<3

I like Grim & the SA scene from what little I know of it, but that's Cao for you, he wubs everyone

Dekar289

Smash Hero
i think everyone should hate less, and mm more. yep.

in other news, wanted to ask people who recorded to laptops... how to do? i have a capture card, but can only record if i connect the wii straight to my computer, without connecting it to the tv. i'm assuming i need another adapter or something?
best/easiest way is to grab some av to av cables (red white and yellow --> red white and yellow). stick one end into the capture card, and the other end into the back of the tv, in the "TV OUT" output.

if your TV doesn't have TV OUT then the other option is to use a splitter to split the av cable of the wii into 2, then use 2 avs cables and connect one to the tv and one to the capture card

/explainlikeimfive

Tiger Shark

Smash Journeyman
HAY.
HAY SEB.
WHERE'S MY SHOUTOUT ****FACE?
It's okay I made one for you.

Rose: You're the greatest human ever to have descended to earth, I was so grateful to have you visit my house that one time even though you showed up two hours late, I'm sorry about the temperamental behaviour of my demon-possessed cat, and also, you're welcome for the pineapple vodka - it is okay that you left it in the hotel fridge because as long as it's nowhere near me I'll avoid suffering endless humiliation from my peers.

Seriously though Smash at your house with all four ACT players was super fun, we should do it again sometime. I want Alice on my team in 2v2.

SebryTime

Smash Rookie
Nah didn't miss anything.
You and Alice next winners of BAM for sure though. Come play smash more too so we can all get good and have canberra crew.

Yodha

Smash Cadet
S.D is right on the ball about the games screwing up ur head after one whole day of non stop playing!
Sometimes you just need to walk around for a block or two, get a clear head. And avoid coffee/caffeine at all costs - it sounds like a tempting deal, but it will crash you harder than a day's strenuous effort at a tournament.

Cao - you did well too, shame about losing in the brackets, I think the Phillipines must have done a deal or two this year round - was good hanging out the night before the tourney, thanks for showing me a few more things about Melbourne!

Syke - that badass **** yea at the end of crews... Dayum, you know how to John AND piss the other guy off when you win!

Redact - dat Falco. I hate Falcos. Nuff said. LOL what's this about getting drunk and falling asleep midchat?

Unny - **** Falco as usual. Yes, you read that, I hate Falcos I just wanna stitchface into Falco's sorry *** for overplaying those spam dair laser fsmash combos that you just cannot DI out off unless you got M2K reflexes...
Bummer tho you lost to that Marth heaps on Sunday *takes leaf out of his bait, fair-uair-fsmash tactic*

Dekar - mad props for supports, you're a pretty cool guy to hang around... also, Beard!

S.D - Dayum, you just went beast mode all Saturday, you ended up looking pissed on Sunday. No battles were to be had, I think I was too intimidated by your speed skills... What can I say? Over 1 grand prize win... Aw yeah!!! Σd(゚∀゚d)ォゥィェ!!!

Ted - crazy mindgames as usual, you seem to know where I was going every time. Mad, gotta practice with you more, next Elysium for sure!
Imperfect - that mewtwo was hard as, even if it was for the LuLz! Good offensive/defensive style, kept me on my toes all sunday - sure taught me a few things game wise!

Vyse - good games, even though I was tired as on Saturday, LOL. Sorry there weren't any KFC to go around this time, it was fun catching up as usual tho! :)

Attila - man, first impressions are always wrong eh? Thought you'd be a douche, but nah, turns out you're a super guy. Mad times in Japan eh? Reckon I'll call you Gaijin-kun from now on!

CATS - Damn, your skills as Pikachu are pretty good in doubles! We didn't get that many games in before, but reckon we did pretty well aye?

Shaz - LOL you're such a funny guy to talk to, doesn't give a ***** and all that! Shame about losing to Ted first round, but looked like you didn't give a **** afterwards. :D

Everyone else - I was too busy with my sixty four melee skills that day, so, adios!
Look forward to see y'all the next interstate tourney, so long and thanks for the games!
<(^_^<) (b^_^)b <(^_^<) (d^_^)b <(^_^<) (b^_^)b

tibs7

Smash Champion
Oh man there were so many champions at bam. Will give shutouts tomorrow.....zzzzz

RJ<3

Smash Journeyman
NNID
peachyandfabrj
3DS FC
4554-1137-4668
I'd love to see videos of the matches. Where can I go to watch them? ^_^

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
No hype? So hype is all about money now only?

Less players? Think about this first. Like. Really. Think. About. This.

Less people trying? Sure. If there's no "pot bonus" money then some may not try; it's a shame the standard is now "pot bonus" or "bad tournament" (we've had several amazing tournaments without it, but dat melbourne greed swag). But hell, if so many people were going then that $100 for first place may have been a bit larger.

Less everything that makes a good tournament good? Pot Bonuses that are donated can make a tournament good; having a person seize control (or at least act as if he has) because "no one will do anything" as you don't want to step on his toes and suddenly be the one dealing with his **** is kinda pathetic. Him ransoming this "pot bonus" so he can do whatever he wants is stupid. "oh earl is asking why double mk isn't legal" *you suck brawl *** no money for brawl lololol suck me*. Frankly you're looking like his ***** and you don't "care" because the harm is less impactful on melee and their players.

Cause more drama? You do realise the guy goes out of his way to make drama right? Do you think we want drama? Do you think the problems/issues won't escalate? If things were as simple as "donating only" for "the game he likes" (or as you put it: "support") then there wouldn't really be a problem. If there was a someone in our scene going out of their way to threaten/ostracise people he dislikes and tried to control everything without giving $$$ would you be okay with it?

I understand you (and the melee players making bank in general) want your melee hype/fun. I know you dislike/not care for brawl. But you're the head TO for Melbourne and hence a biggie in the Australian scene in general. At what point to you is enough enough?[/collapse]
Love, butthurts and regards,
~Shaya
Quoting this again for the autistic people in the scene who can't comprehend how bad supporting Shaun is.

This guy
threatened
a 3 year old
it boggles the mind

druckey

Smash Apprentice
Ever think he did that to manipulate you to talk about him EVEN MORE than you already do.ONCD, you have it. Obsessive Nova Compulsive Disorder. You're just jealous Nova is the most popular South Australian lol.

Nova's a sociopath, literaly diagnosed. Nothing he says surprises me, nor anyone that really knows him, he says tons of **** he doesn't mean. You're just gullible enough to fall for it and in turn, give him wat he wants people tlking about him lol, and you all for it....

druckey

Smash Apprentice
Nova stuff EDIT: NM, too much off-topic. Not gonna say anything else on the matter
Of course your original post was the complete opposite.
"Nova did this"
"Nova did that"

Sport, he's more popular than you, because you're in pube stage it bothers you (popularity contests), that and nobody listens to you or Shaya about Nova, now, I wonder how long you can keep your anti-nova posts up. Probably the next time he insults SA or admits he's gay openly to piss you off, because, and I quote "when I tricked them into letting me into their SA nerd group, all their group were talking about was me, I know saying "I AM GAY" pisses Emo Tuesday off." Which is funny, 'cause you admitted to him you think you're gay or bisexual yourself, you're just too damn ugly nobody notices you.

Remember kid, no more Nova talk. His supporters outweigh some pissy south Australians like btmans who got destroyed by sebby (class act ***hat) and Allen that thinks 1 win, not set, over earl means something. lol

YEH MOAR NOVA TALK! Now actually stfu. This topic is Battle Area Melbourne (about a smash tourney), not Baby Anal Mason.

Splice

Smash Hero
New rule; if you're not talking about sick melee matches, please PM each other.

Regardless of whether Nova is a big baddy or not, it actually is off topic and trying to use it to put a negative stigma around this tournament is quite a dodgy thing to do in it's own right.

VIC vs OoS Melee Crew was hella legit, always being Vic > NSW and then NSW > Vic for most of the Crew Battle. Must have been clutch as hell
Should put Dekar last to force him to play 100% or the loss hangs right over his head all heavy-like and we can throw tomatoes at him.

S.D

Smash Master
Agree, stop all the whining and hate slinging, it's hardly a wonder people are turned off by this community sometimes...

Vids are probably going to take a while guys, uploads are just taking forever, pretty sure I'm capped for downloading all of breaking bad...

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
sam if u need you can just put it off then upload them all at mine, my upload speed is pretty solid

S.D

Smash Master
Lol thanks dude :)

I'll let them run for a while and see if it picks up, otherwise I'll leave it for a bit.

Next meet at yours Phil?????

Top Bottom