• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
firstly, if its the same owner, then i had already talked to him twice about it in the last year, seeing as i dont make it to albany too often. and he has told me he'd think about it and to email him, so i do, and he never gets back tome.
im confused, where are you getting albany from, right here? Im talking about syracuse...

x13mako

Smash Ace
just pasting what I've written in a couple places:

Was biking into work saturday morning, someone had a bunch of branches they had cleared layed out on the side of the road to be collected but had left one branch.sticking out into the road. Since it was still dark out I didn't see it, and it caught my front wheel. Faceplant.

[2:31:12 AM] Sharky: so total damage
[2:31:27 AM] Sharky: four small chunks out of my right pinkie
[2:31:31 AM] Sharky: two on the left
[2:31:37 AM] Sharky: two sprained triceps
[2:31:54 AM] Sharky: two large scrapes/gashes whatever on my face
[2:32:03 AM] Sharky: and a minor concussion
This is why I enjoy not riding bikes.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
just pasting what I've written in a couple places:

Was biking into work saturday morning, someone had a bunch of branches they had cleared layed out on the side of the road to be collected but had left one branch.sticking out into the road. Since it was still dark out I didn't see it, and it caught my front wheel. Faceplant.

[2:31:12 AM] Sharky: so total damage
[2:31:27 AM] Sharky: four small chunks out of my right pinkie
[2:31:31 AM] Sharky: two on the left
[2:31:37 AM] Sharky: two sprained triceps
[2:31:54 AM] Sharky: two large scrapes/gashes whatever on my face
[2:32:03 AM] Sharky: and a minor concussion
Should have Tech'd

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I hope you feel better soon, Sharky.

And Cura owes you Food for that comment.

Sharky

Smash Master
we didn't talk to the venue owners pat, we talked to the guy that's running the Dust Bowl events there now. I had tried talking to the venue guys in the past too, IDK how Damus (Dust Bowl TO) managed to get it, personally.

MetalPat

Smash Ace
Hey guys, TGS and I talked about it today and decided that since we can't put on the tournament before i leave for school, we are going to go to KTAR instead. if people want to drive to our place we will offer to drive to the venue and back.

keep in mind we plan on taking one car so its more like a first come first serve basis. you should PM either of us about it and let us know what your plans are and if you wanna go with us.

Sharky

Smash Master
I'm considering it but it seems like it'll be a last minute deal. Keep me posted, though. I may have a car to drive down to your place by then.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Have no clue what I'm doing for teams, probably just going to wing it.

To MvC3 Users:
Capcom: "Thanks for beta testing, losers!"

Liking Phoenix Wright, but that's pretty much it. LOL at Capcom hating Mega Man.

Pre-order DLC, on-disc DLC, greediness, no Ace Attorney Investigations 2 in the US, canceling Mega Man Legends 3 making me hate Capcom right now, though.

MetalPat

Smash Ace
also for anyone that wants to ride with us, sicne tommy and I are driving, we aren't sure if we will stay for anything other than brawl. it is a long drive so we are debating and will get back to you with more details about that in the future.

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad I didn't purchase vanilla MvC3. Lol Rocket Raccoon. Phoenix Wright nice. Did we really need a 3rd Dmc character and a 4th RE? I really would have liked to see at least one spiderman villain. Doc Ock, Green Goblin, Venom; take your pick.

I'll probably meet you guys at KTAR, since I'm way out of the way. Don't bail on me this time ;).

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
Oh capcom, you hurting on early adopters.

Well, games are trendy. I guess their business half knows that making fighters with the intent of re-releasing fighters like this with the knowledge that people won't bail out on a version because they think another revision will come over the horizon.

Cancelling legends 3 is srs garbage though.
Ace attorney investigations... ehh... it's like, I get that it didn't get localized, kinda, because really, the first investigations was preeetty bad. Even though I'm reading the old games now, and love the series, I can't say I really blame capcom that much there. *shrug*

So, ryu's hadoken super bounces off the wall now? Lol wtf.

TommyGreenShirt

Smash Journeyman
I'm not going to buy it, but I'm going to have a really intense dream about buying it. Leonardo DiCaprio will likely be there.

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
I plan to have a dream about something I won't remember in the morning. Zombies may be there.

Acton

Smash Journeyman
Yo when you foo's gonna step it up and throw an event up in albany?!

I must admit, lately I've been kinda tempted to try and get back into the competitive smash scene down here in the hudson valley because I'm within a close enough distance to a really competitive smash scene (NJ, NYC), but still close enough to make it to upstate ny events to (Albany).

Whats the competitive brawl scene like these days? I feel like Upstate NY has kind of died smash wise, what about down near NYC/NJ? Haven't really followed competitive smash since I left last summer. =s

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
nyc and long island still run regular events. i think theres one in long island coming up either this weekend or next. LIRR i think is the name of it

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman

I must admit, lately I've been kinda tempted to try and get back into the competitive smash scene down here in the hudson valley because I'm within a close enough distance to a really competitive smash scene (NJ, NYC), but still close enough to make it to upstate ny events to (Albany).

Whats the competitive brawl scene like these days? I feel like Upstate NY has kind of died smash wise, what about down near NYC/NJ? Haven't really followed competitive smash since I left last summer. =s
NYC/NJ have events all the time. It's a really active region. As for Albany, once school begins again, Zandaa will be hosting some tournaments in Troy, which is right next door.

VibeSlyph

Smash Ace

Smash just sucks.

Top Bottom