• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

MetalPat

Smash Ace
alright you guys it looks like for us, the only saturday we can get this place for is aug 13th, which is the same day as KTAR.

TGS and I wanted to ask you guys, would you be more likely to come if the tourn was on the 13th, regardless of KTAR, or would you rather have us set it up on a friday or sunday in august?

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
No one here is probably going to go to ktar minus san maybe. Im sure others would rather come to a local. But thats just my opinion. I dont like traveling. And i quit smash. but i may be there if i dont have other plans, and im sure ill bring syracuse if I go

MetalPat

Smash Ace
ok TGS and iw ill talk about it tonight but im guessing we are looking at the 13th since noone said anything about friday or sunday.

would anyone be interested in doing both KTAR and binghamton tourn. if we put the tourn on aug 5th or 7th (friday or sunday) so that we can get people from PA and maybe NJ and NE?

if not then we will prolly just go ahead and do the 13th.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
aqua: I know there are a lot of smashers at Cornell for both Melee and Brawl, and I think there might be one from Ithaca for melee... not sure.

MetalPat: If it doesn't make a difference to you, I think I can pull in an extra 3-5 attendees for a Binghamton tournament if you make it early September. Assuming it would be melee and brawl

TommyGreenShirt

Smash Journeyman
It would have to be during the weekend of the 13th if at all due to venue availability. I would be a-ok with Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. For now (completely tentative) we'll probably go with Saturday, however I'm going to post in the Pennsylvania thread to see what they think since they're so close to Binghamton.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Anyone want to come to oswego tomorrow 197 West Bridge Street feel free! humps is coming with at least jesse and maybe others, anyone from cuse or roch wanna come up feel free just hit me up 5186816637

MetalPat

Smash Ace

Sharky

Smash Master
what the **** did i just watch.

we arent sure about doing side events yet. possibly just gonna be brawl, melee, brawl low tier tourn.

EDIT: also our venue bailed on us for pretty much every weekend so we arent even sure if we can get a venue anymore...
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I need yoshi =(

^that was @low tiers, just read the edit. crap. =$

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Smashfest at Mana's was SICK

Mana- too fun playing dude. we had some crazy fun matches, i could literally sit there with you for hours and just get stoned and play. Falcon can go SOOOOOO far out wtf dude, you were literally like in the blast zone sometimes, it's soooo dumb hahahahahaha. Good stuff dude.

Bobby- LOL Melee hates you dude, the weirdest things were happening. You're getting much better though dude, keep it up. Remember, the frustration should only motivate you, it's the strongest motivator

Beta- You get better and better everytime dude. You got my Marth down to 1 stock both matches in the money match. Your pressure is getting retardedly good, you're fast and aggressive and know when to go for the kill. Keep it up man, you're making it so I can't slack

Erk- Next time brah

Melee's not dying kiddies

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
playing was too good, thanks for coming everyone!

jesse I haven't been that high in a while **** was awesome haha. your skill level still inspires me and i've realized what characters i need to focus on and care about. always nice to see you and glad to see you're taking some great direction in life, but you're just a typical endomorph in the end LMAO

bobby thanks for driving out! you are certainly improving but i can tell you lose motivation sometimes, it's hard but you just have to stay focused and really put the thought into what your fingers are doing! sucks you had a whacky controller too and couldn't WDOOS hahahaha

erk GGS your fox is certainly improving at good levels you are consistent with getting kills and you caught me with lots of usmashessss

beta, very impressive, you will beat me solidly next time if you continue to improve at your pace. keep up the nighttime practicing, i need to do the same again!

also WTF was up with my zombie ssbm xD i'venever even heard that myself before but i'd like to it was hilarious and entirely creepy

huMps

Smash Ace
playing was too good, thanks for coming everyone!

bobby thanks for driving out! you are certainly improving but i can tell you lose motivation sometimes, it's hard but you just have to stay focused and really put the thought into what your fingers are doing! sucks you had a whacky controller too and couldn't WDOOS hahahaha

also WTF was up with my zombie ssbm xD i'venever even heard that myself before but i'd like to it was hilarious and entirely creepy
Ya, I get pissed when I can't execute ( and this obviously leads to more execution errors) as well as I know I can because I practice alot. I get so worked up sometimes I just got to stop caring before I lose it, and sometimes that happens half way through a match. lol

But as *****y as I may seem, I love playing you guys even if you are handing my *** to me, and I'm always taking something away from it. And yah the Ghost like melee sound bites playing behind FoDs was pretty ****ing amazing.

PS Mana - you may have beaten me in 99 percent of our matches, but it only takes one side-B spike to make a day of melee worth while.:oneeye:

Erkekjetter

Smash Journeyman
Zombie demon melee too good. Need to make that the permanent BGM.

We def need to get up to the 'Swego to play more. Hopefully Roch can make the trip again.

BetaBahamut

Smash Journeyman
But as *****y as I may seem, I love playing you guys even if you are handing my *** to me, and I'm always taking something away from it. And yah the Ghost like melee sound bites playing behind FoDs was pretty ****ing amazing.

^^^ is such a good mindset. Ive had long arguments with dudu about amateur bracket and other things that coddle players, but I dont think those type of things help make the players better. I feel that in greatest adversity( getting ***** over and over) is where your able to improve the most.

Sharky

Smash Master
^^^ is such a good mindset. Ive had long arguments with dudu about amateur bracket and other things that coddle players, but I dont think those type of things help make the players better. I feel that in greatest adversity( getting ***** over and over) is where your able to improve the most.
amateur bracket is good in that it encourages new players to stay around longer, because it gives them more play time. Combined with pools, they still get to play the really good players, but at the same time they also get a small shot at glory, which will keep them coming back for more.

x13mako

Smash Ace
Maybe it's just me, but I can see people feeling kind of bad if they were popped to the "Amateur Bracket", especially since they did get a good 6 rounds from pools.

Though it might help in keeping people coming back.

Top Bottom