• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

VibeSlyph

Smash Ace
So I hear your avatar is makoto.
-Oh wait she got crazy buffs, disregard that. I need to fix up my copy so I can try out new gouken ****.
What you know about karate?

Edit: I'm interested in Apex. Kevin, drive me. Who cares if you're broke or not up here.

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
I'm definitely going to Apex. Hopefully I won't be completely broke by that time. I'm probably not going to be in Troy at the time and it seems really silly to drive 2 hours in the complete opposite direction to pick you up. Convince Alt to get back into Brawl. Or find a way to get down here and I'll drive the rest of the way.

Sharky

Smash Master
dude vibe, if you reserve the megabus early enough going to NYC you can transfer onto something to the venue from there and pay less than $20 total. Just something to keep in mind.

also I may be living with my mom in brewerton starting mid august for mutual financial reasons, which means I'll be a happy midpoint between Cuse and Oswego. =D

x13mako

Smash Ace

huMps

Smash Ace
apex. go to apex. that is all.

speaking of apex. Ive decided that Im going to actually enter melee at apex. to see how I do.
Does this mean you'll play melee at the next local as well. (if there ever is one) Anyway, I like this.

Pyro, you still gonna be running the melee at EGS(or whatever it's called) this year?
Between the Apartment quitting and Jesse getting life **** in order and being impossible to contact I'm really looking forward to some regular smash gatherings.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
played brawl with san, smm1 and BS today, got my first consistent wins against san in like.... i dont even know how long.

so im feeling good about Ktar

and yes, ill enter melee stuff if it ever happens again.

Acton

Smash Journeyman
dude vibe, if you reserve the megabus early enough going to NYC you can transfer onto something to the venue from there and pay less than $20 total. Just something to keep in mind.

also I may be living with my mom in brewerton starting mid august for mutual financial reasons, which means I'll be a happy midpoint between Cuse and Oswego. =D
Sharkys theme song!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9XOM9GcHbk&feature=related

I need to stop smokin weed xD

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Yeah, I was playing really bad today but I'll do better later.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
put those vids online too so youll always know what you never want to happen again.

i think its only fair since i have the 'how good is KIDs falco' vidup for everyone to see and throw in my face at their leisure lol.

I need some recent vids of my playing well anyway.

BetaBahamut

Smash Journeyman
Pyro, you still gonna be running the melee at EGS(or whatever it's called) this year?
Between the Apartment quitting and Jesse getting life **** in order and being impossible to contact I'm really looking forward to some regular smash gatherings.

the state of melee in the region really makes me sad. I remember when I first got into melee, I was always excited to go up to rochester because the apartment was like a smash oasis. I guess we will have to see what happens when the tournaments/next semester starts back up.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
when you left there was only like 3. so i dont see why you wouldnt want a 60% increase...

ps. youll still get absolutely obliterated by everyone down here so you should be glad people arent playing. less **** you have to endure.

a nub

Smash Ace
when you left there was only like 3. so i dont see why you wouldnt want a 60% increase...

ps. youll still get absolutely obliterated by everyone down here so you should be glad people arent playing. less **** you have to endure.
lolwut how many times have you even see me play cuz this is most definitely false

:phone:

PhilCobb

Smash Rookie
NNID
Pheel510
3DS FC
4957-4219-0231
I'm going to preface this with: I'm a newbie to this website.

This is quite interesting. I was unaware there was an active community in Upstate NY. I'm a pretty good player(or so I think) but I know I'm not the best. However, I'm looking for fresh competition to play against, not quite on a tournament level but more just some casual play, a few people to take pointers from and critique my style so that I may improve.

I'm in the 'Cuse but I'm willing to travel, is there anyone nearby that would want to smash for a day or two in the near future, or maybe to a small smashfest or something of the sort? I'm not sure quite how these things get scheduled, so if I'm doing this wrong ... well I'm doing it wrong. :p

I prefer Brawl over Melee, given I haven't played Melee in quite some time. On a side note I'm more curious as to which Brawl mod is more accepted by the community as "balanced", Brawl+ or BalancedBrawl. I could get into a discussion about it, but it was just a question.

Anyway, thanks for reading my wall of text ... 'til next time.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
balenced brawl and brawl plus are dead.

however, if you want to play regular brawl, sharky ^^^^ is the person you want to get/keep in touch with.

PhilCobb

Smash Rookie
NNID
Pheel510
3DS FC
4957-4219-0231
da K.I.D. - Thanks for the information, I figured as much, but wasn't sure. Friend of mine is nigh on obsessed with Brawl+, let's just say he's not a fan of some changes from Melee. /sigh.

Sharky - On the west side, towards Western Lights. Whereabouts be you, and I have an afternoon/evenings job - You do late night Brawls?

Sharky

Smash Master
I'm southeast, at the foot of nob hill. I'm down to bike over to your side of town though. =D Depends on the night, I can do sunday monday thursday nights.

PhilCobb

Smash Rookie
NNID
Pheel510
3DS FC
4957-4219-0231
Alrighty, I'll shoot you a message. Hopefully we can get a small movement going and make a few small events or something. Should be fun, eh?

Erkekjetter

Smash Journeyman
I'm on the west side as well Phil. I'm more of a melee kid, but if i'm free i'll play with you and Sharky. Beta probably would be up as well.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
rom 4 ill go see u guys there whos carpooling

roch list of ppl rom 4-

cuse list of ppl rom4-

random areas western ny rom 4-
manalord

add names to list pplz

Top Bottom