• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unpopular Smash 4 Opinions - share them here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I want Melee's Race to the Finish, character specific Target Tests, Snag the Trophies, and Adventure Mode to be in Smash 3DS.

For Wii U I want Classic Mode, more events, and other co-op stuff.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
On the smash bros topic 2.0

This stupid theory started again (and its my opion this is not very popular)

And that's there will be no unlockable characters in SSB4

All because sakurai reveals luigi toon link marth and lucario early they think they are transfering to starters now they can easily still be unlockable however its also possible that a couple could be transfered to starters like captain falcon and ness in melee

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
A special mode called "Melee Mode" where there is L-cancelling, no input buffer, and wavedashing... ALTHOUGH. L-cancelling could totally be in the game again, we don't know.

Last edited:

nat pagle

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0834-1759-2409
1.) No random tech skill barriers like L-cancelling. Anything requiring an input that just cuts ending/landing/etc. lag is a cop out. Just straight up make it fast.

2.) I don't want it too much like Melee. I want something new in terms of mechanics, we've had 13 years of Melee and we have Project M that can be updated to the heart's content. Change up the mechanics for rolling, change ledge mechanics, just make it something distinct.

3.) Pacman isn't joining.

D

Deleted member

-While I do want nerfs to happen to Meta Knight to make the game more balanced, I am also slightly resistant to it as I hope his nerfs won't make him a terrible character.

-I find Luigi to be unique. While he borrows some moves from Mario, his physics make him a different character. I feel as though that you can't properly master Luigi if you mastered Mario and vice versa. I am a Luigi main and I can't play as Mario for my life!

-Wii Fit Trainer is a rather boring addition. She attacks with yoga posses… OK. Cool. Not as interesting as Little Mac, Mega Man, and Villager.

-I feel as though that Little Mac is going to be the only Assist Trophy from Brawl that will be playable in SSB4.

Last edited by a moderator:

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
-I find Luigi to be unique. While he borrows some moves from Mario, his physics make him a different character. I feel as though that you can't properly master Luigi if you mastered Mario and vice versa. I am a Luigi main and I can't play as Mario for my life!
I'm special!
Really, I'm good with both!

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
  • Since Capcom has Megaman, I'd like to see Ryu somewhere in the game. Playable would be great, but I think he'd make a great Assist Trophy.
  • Blue Shell from Mario Kart would be pretty neat as well.
  • Character specific adventure mode/stories.
  • Online Co-op.

D

Deleted member

Although newcomers are important to me, I am more focused on the obvious characters getting into Smash.

What I mean is I am focusing more on the characters that shouldn't be cut at all or have zero chance of getting cut. I am focusing on seeing characters like Yoshi, Captain Falcon, Ness, Mr. Game & Watch, Ganondorf, Falco, Meta Knight, Wario, and Diddy Kong get confirmed. Without these characters (and a couple of characters already on the roster), Smash wouldn't feel the same to me and I am hoping that they get confirmed soon. A simple newcomer can't replace them.

I am not saying that I think that they will get cut. I am just hoping that we won't experience another Mewtwo.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I find the idea of Ryu being in the game extremely stupid.

The only Kid Icarus character that deserves to be in Smash besides Palutena is Hades. No one else, IMO.

I'd like to see a playable Paper Mario character, but no Paper Mario himself. Maybe Dimentio or Goombela? Dimentio preferably.

I think the Mario & Luigi series could get at least an assist trophy, like Fawful or Cracketta.

I don't believe Chrom will join the playable cast. As far as pure swordsmanship, he doesn't offer anything that the graceful Marth or brutish Ike don't already exemplify. I also don't believe in adding the latest character or rotating RPG characters just-because. (That's not to say I dislike the character! I just have a tough-love approach to imagining the roster.)

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
I want Midna now and I am feeling she is more likely than Ghirahim.
That's me too and I can't help it. But I couldn't cry a river if it never happens. A trophy is the best I can see out of her. Although, an Assist Trophy would be nice.

Last edited:

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
I think Paper Mario isn't a good character to add, and Paper Mario only needs an assist.
I don't dislike the idea for Pacman, but think he would be bland.
I don't think Lucas should return.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
I wouldn't mind Mii being playable. They could represent Pilotwings and the Wii Series (Music, Party, Sports, etc) incredibly well.

Plain Yogurt

Smash Ace
-I honestly can't fathom why people want K. Rool so badly. Like I understand wanting him, but the extent that people want him baffles me. You'd think he was a shoo-in the way people talk about him.

-I would have no qualms with Snake being dropped.

-I don't see Lucas, Wolf or Ike getting cut. If anything Ness would get cut before Lucas because from what I understand that's what was going to happen in Melee anyways. Meanwhile Wolf and Ike are two unique, fully functional characters, though I suppose that didn't stop Mewtwo from being cut.

-I'd like most newcomers to be from unrepped franchises, and I'm pleased that thus far Sakurai has mostly delivered in such a fashion.

-If FE gets a newcomer they shouldn't be a swordsman. So many weapons to tap into from that series yet we need more swords? Gimme Hector or Ephraim before you give me Chrom. Hell I'll take Micaiah before Chrom and I can't stand her.

-I'd play Slippy before I'd play Krystal.

-If Smash 4 has an Advance Wars rep then you can just disregard all of the above because my roster will be more than complete at that point. Bonus points if it's Andy.

Ruthy

Smash Apprentice
Personally I think Pac-Man would be a terrible addition the roster. He has very little to do with Nintendo and he has no identity whatsoever. Hell, Namco doesn't even know what to do with him anymore.

Last edited:

Waluridleykryrool

Smash Journeyman
- I hate Rosalina being in smash
- The 1st generation of pokemon has way to much representation in smash.
- Jigglypuff should be cut.
- I still find toon link to be a waste of a character slot

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
-Little Mac looks like a boring character. WFT atleast has humor going for her, Mac just punches and has the KO bar that'll do nothing in serious matches. This is exactly why I thought he wouldn't be in.
-I think Little Mac is just above the clones and ''clones'' in importance, and is below WFT and ROB.

Reila

Personally I think Pac-Man would be a terrible addition the roster. He has very little to do with Nintendo and he has no identity whatsoever. Hell, Namco doesn't even know what to do with him anymore.
Pac-Man has more to do with Nintendo (and gaming in general) than Solid Snake.

Yet, people don't say Solid Snake being in Smash was a terrible idea (even though we all know it was).

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Let's see:

-The only way I can feel that Ridley would work in Smash is by using his Other M design. His usual SM design, I just can't see working out because of its skinny proportions (neck, arms, etc). The OM design, as bad as it may be, features a much more compact design and the only real major change one would have to do is scale him down/
-Star Fox might only have five games, but I think Falco and Wolf should and will come back for Smash 4.
-Kid Icarus might only have three games, but I think Palutena would make a good addition to SSB.
-I still fully believe the E3 neogaf leak (http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=62304489&postcount=2996) and I feel like the people denying it at this point are kind of kidding themselves.
-As much as I want Palutena, I'm still not fully convinced by the 'leaked' images of her.
-I don't think we'll be seeing second party characters like Isaac, Saki, Chibi-Robo, etc. Looking at the E3 characters above, they may all be new series, sure, but all of them are a lot more prominent than the likes of S&P and Chibi-Robo!!. I feel like Starfy having a good five games and yet only getting an AT in both Brawl and Smash 4 says something.

PWN3

Smash Apprentice
You want something unpopular? Hopefully these meet the requirements.

- Diddy Kong's inevitable inclusion is going to be a blemish on the roster yet again. He was a wasted character slot in Brawl, and he'll be a wasted slot in Smash 4.
- Pac-Man's just not gonna happen. The guy has nothing to call his own outside of just eating things... At least WFT has yoga positions to fill in blanks, or Li'l Mac has more than a thousand years of boxing history to draw from, but Pac-Man doesn't have that. Any moveset you give him wouldn't be unique in any way.
- Remove Final Destination. Battlefield was -- and always will be -- better.

Reila

You thought it was a terrible idea.
No, it was a terrible idea. Third party characters in Smash Bros isn't the best idea, to begin with, but a third party character that has no relevance to Nintendo and was added because the director is a friend of Hideo Kojima? Terrible idea. If you want to put third parties in the series, put characters that actually has some relevance to Nintendo or gaming as a whole, like Sonic (SEGA's mascot and Mario's "rival") and Pac-Man. Hell, Simon Belmont would be a far better and more reasonable Konami rep in the series.

No, it was a terrible idea. Third party characters in Smash Bros isn't the best idea, to begin with, but a third party character that has no relevance to Nintendo and was added because the director is a friend of Hideo Kojima? Terrible idea. If you want to put third parties in the series, put characters that actually has some relevance to Nintendo or gaming as a whole, like Sonic (SEGA's mascot and Mario's "rival") and Pac-Man. Hell, Simon Belmont would be a far better and more reasonable Konami rep in the series.
Again, that's your opinion.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Little Mac was such a huge relief. For a moment there I really thought we'd lack any sort of character that could be considered a "Nintendo All Star character"

Megaman is an All Star obviously, but he fails in the Nintendo department. Not bad, but not who I was looking for in my Nintendo fighter.

Villager is an avatar and not really a character, but carries moderate All Star potential. However, since he can look like anything, and unlike another certain Avatar character; Robin, has no defined traits or quirks he feels very blank slate.

Rosalina is arguably the most famous newcomer at this point just by osmosis of being related to the ever popular Mario series, but she's not what I'd call a star, as she's still below Toad, Bowser Jr and Waluigi in popularity and fame. At least right now. A few more years with more promotion and I'd feel more comfortable classing her as an All Star, but it just feels too soon.

Wii Fit Trainer isn't an All Star at all. Her game is just famous. Which is not the same thing.
This would be like saying Yuni Berth is an All Star video game character because of the ridiculous popularity of Dance Dance Revolution.
Admit it; you "who"'d Yuni. Even despite her cameo in Wreck it Ralph.

Waluridleykryrool

Smash Journeyman
Rosalina feels like someone who's inclusion should have worked like little mac, introduced to the series as an assist trophy then being promoted to playable in the next installment. Bowser Jr, Waluigi or even Toad should have been the new mario rep this time around.

Last edited:

woundedust

Smash Apprentice
I feel like little mac will be a mini captain falcon who will have problems with recovery while having crazy combo potential

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Here's my worst. I'll post the rest later:

-I actually think that at some point every series should be as complete as it can. StarFox with Krystal, F-Zero with Goroh, Mother with Masked Man, etc.

-I'm really sick of 1. Everyone talking about Sakurai like he's some god and pretending they know a cent about game prod. (Seriously, every smash game has had at least four producers who are also directors!) 2. Misinterpreting his quotes 3. I stopped looking at characters by series ever since Brawl and I hate it when people continue. Seriously, it's cancerous. I believe in balance but not in your twisted words

4. I admit I come across as elitist.

-as someone who use to hate the idea, I want to see Daroach and Waddle Dee join the roster at some point

-I think a LOT about the technical borders and boundaries involving a character, which is what gained my unpopular opinion on Pokey and Ridley

-While being in less games doesn't always matter to me with competition as long as they're more important in said games (See: MM, Daroach, Krystal, etc) and Rosalina only serves to help my case, as a fan of sunshine, I can't help but say she still feels a bit "what" to me. It's hard to explain.

-Contrary to that, she's the biggest newcomer I care about right now. No joke.

-I love Mother, Kirby, Star Fox, and Mario rpg's the most out of Nintendo's series

Finally

-i think this is the opposite than Brawl: too much pessimism. Hey, with it being on the Wii U, keeping hopes low is still good to get shocked when we get a surprise

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom