• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unpopular Smash 4 Opinions - share them here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Uh, hmm.
Snake doesn't deserve to be in Smash? :ohwell:
I love the guy, but there are many more characters with a richer history on Nintendo consoles.
Personally, I want Belmont...
...Mostly because the GB games had really good music. And I want it represented somehow.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I'd rather get Soma Cruz as a Castlevania rep. Castlevania Aria of Sorrow is so good. If not, then Richter Belmont would do

Just imagine every time Richter faces a villain in Smash, he would say:

"Die, monster! You don't belong in this world!"

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Lord, these are my sins...

I personally believe that Simon Belmont should have been added in Brawl instead of Snake.
I still pray for the day Banjo and Kazooie enter the fray.
I wish Sakurai recruited Pichu back more than I wish Mewtwo to return.
I'm biased and delusional enough to legitimately believe that Roy will return and assured that no Awakening character would get in.
I honestly can't believe people actually wanting Dr. Mario back as a separate slot.
I'm not truly interested in Little Mac, but support him either way due to his popularity.
I honestly don't care if they resize Ridley or not, even if that means he'll be almost twice as tall as Bowser.
I don't care about Ike or Lucas or even Wolf that much, but I still don't want cuts (besides Snake) if that means the fans of said characters will be disappointed.

And thus, my mind is cleared.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
No wonder why the Smash 4 Boards are so dumb then... stupid stuff like this.

The mods let stupid rules like that get enforced, and they chose to let stupid be stupid without being called stupid, which is thus stupid on their part.

But hey, I guess I'm "bad" for having an opinion.

If we can't call stupid things stupid, then what's really the difference between stupid ideas/opinions and smart ones=???

That's why these boards are terrible; they treat all opinions,posts, and ideas like equals ones, which is not how things work.

But hey, good job allowing stupid rules. ;)
I agree people say dumb **** all the time on these boards, but this isn't the thread to call them out on it. This thread is specifically for people who want to voice their opinions without fear of criticism.

If you're really bothered about something take it to PMs.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Apparently the 100's of striking styles, patterns, and punch types don't exist across the centuries of boxing.

Apparently the Melee intro doesn't exist.

Apparently DKC1-3 and DK64 doesn't exist.

Apparently BKupa's amazingly complied thread with all kinds of awesome moveset, playstyle, and skillset idea and possibilities doesn't exist.

Apparently we play as reps instead of characters.

Apparently we are limited to these feeble concepts that Sakurai and no one involved has ever stated.

Apparently the Donkey Kong franchise selling over 3 times as many copies as the Kirby franchise with fewer games and releases doesn't exist.
You want debate? I'll debate in a more appropriate topic. I didn't explain myself because this isn't the place to.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I agree people say dumb **** all the time on these boards, but this isn't the thread to call them out on it. This thread is specifically for people who want to voice their opinions without fear of criticism.

If you're really bothered about something take it to PMs.
Yes, this is a good post.

I am a bit late, but any offtopic posts from here on out will be infracted.

A reminder, the topic is called

Unpopular Smash 4 Opinions - share them here!

Keep to unpopular opinions, not personal attacks please.

?????????????

Smash Master
If for some reason, should time constraints or other reasons create the situation, Sakurai had to pick between Ness and Lucas in SSB4, I think Lucas should be the one to stay, with Ness cut.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Basically what everyone said. There are excellent areas in the boards to have debates. Or you can also take it to PMs. Some people want to present opinions without fear of being attacked/flames or forced to defend opinions.

As for me, here are some opinions I have for Smash 4 that I largely keep closed:

I don't want Snake or Sonic to return. I think they should stay in Brawl.

Wario should of been in his normal outfit in Brawl.

I don't want masterpieces to return.

I hate the idea of Geruda Valley as a stage. Why isn't Ganon's Castle from OoT not a stage yet. That would be beyond epic.

I don't want to see Starfy, Dillion, a second Pikmin captain, Daisy, Genosect, Chibirobo, the Duck Hunt Dog, or Toad playable. Any of those playable will immediately kill any hype I have.

I would not like to see Jigglypuff return.

My top three wanted 3rd party characters are Nightmare (soul caliber), Terra Bradford (Final Fantasy), and M. Bison (Street Fighter)

I hate the idea of second Sonic character yet would love to see Zero or Bass playable.

I want to see the following characters playable: Ridley, Little Mac, King K. Rool, Palutena, Mewtwo, Shulk, Isaac, Takamaru, Mach Rider, Toon Zelda/Tetra, and Dixie Kong.

Conversely, I also want to see these characters playable:

Baby Mario and Luigi, Sheriff, Ayumi Tachibana, Hawlucha, Blaziken, Jessie and James (TR), Diver (Endless Ocean), Kyle Hyde (Hotel Dusk), Andy (but not Sami), Michaiah, Dark Samus with Dark Zero Samus, Donbe and Hikari, Wolf Link and Midna, Retro Link, Phophorus (lighting girl from Uprising), Callista (Last Story), Petey Piranha, Masked Man (MOTHER), and Metal Face (Xenoblade). None of these characters could be considered likely or even wanted.

Paper Boy would be an amazing playable character.

Bring back wave dashing.

A storymode that is more reflective of your choices and consequences leading to bad decisions.

Those are mah opinions.

Last edited:
T

Trick or Treat

Oh, that too. I don't want Mii. I don't really like including avatar characters. Anything more than Villager, WFT, and PT is too much.

D

Deleted member

-I think that Sonic was a fantastic inclusion in Brawl and he was a character that I was expecting to get in. I think that he should be a staple to the Smash franchise.

-While Shulk comes from a new game series, he has earned a slot on the roster.

-Miis are a horrible idea. I fear two things will come from the Mii. The first of which is if the Miis are customizable and is allowed to be used over Wi-Fi, then I can imagine that people will give them incredibly overpowered movesets and only use them. The second of which is if you can select what Mii you want to use over Wi-Fi, I extremely fear the immaturity of some people who will play as Miis with penis heads or look like Hitler.

-Roy would be stupid to bring back. Awakening was very successful and I expect one character from that game to get on the roster. If Roy is on the roster and a character from Awakening isn't, then it would be highly awkward.

-Wario should get an overhaul. While I like his moveset in Brawl, he needs Wario Land moves. The fact that Wario Land wasn't represented much/at all disturbs me, both in terms of content and Wario's moveset in general. He should get faithful re-creations of the Shoulder Bash, Ground Pound, Wild Swing-Ding, Pile-Driver, and Earthshake Punch as well as shaking people for his pummel in his moveset.

Last edited by a moderator:

?????????????

Smash Master
My ideal Pokemon roster for SSB4 would be Pikachu, Meowth, Mewtwo, Lucario, and Zoroark.

Jigglypuff was always a dumb choice with nothing that makes it stand out among other Pokemon, except for purely out of SSB tradition at this point. Meowth is far more significant in every aspect.

Zoroark, while not more popular or even as popular as Lucario, fills the same kind of role for 5th gen as Lucario did for 4th gen, and it would give a new Pokemon that wasn't around during Brawl's time an opportunity.

Pokemon Trainer wasn't an incredibly desirable choice in my opinion. I never would have expected, thought of, or asked for it. I also don't like, in general, that it promotes and prioritizes certain starter Pokemon as better/more significant than others.

That's why I hated Mega Blaziken so much. Sceptile was my favorite but, too bad, Blaziken is the public's favorite.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
I like tingle.
I don't think the Boxing stage confirms Little Mac at all. It's like saying Waluigi was confirmed because of coin mode. I mean, oh sword item? Chrom, Metaknight, Ike, Roy, Young Link, etc. confirmed!
More female characters? Palutena, Daisy, Bayonetta, Chun Lee, etc. confirmed.

IT'S JUST A GENERIC BOXING STAGE FOR GOD'S SAKE!!!

Last edited:

?????????????

Smash Master
A character from Fire Emblem Awakening (most likely Chrom) is an obvious newcomer, Ike is expendable in comparison, and Roy doesn't have a snowball's chance; he's underneath all of that. Significantly. By far.

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
I hate Miis and K.Rool.
Mainly K.Rool, I hope he never comes back...

I love 9 Volt, hope he is in smash in any form

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Some more~
-I don't really care if Miis get in or not, as long as they don't end up with some OP customization.
-Sora is the last third party that has any chance of getting in SSB, and I'd welcome his inclusion as long as he doesn't bring a ton of Disney stuff with him.
-I want an adventure mode like SSE, but with shorter levels and levels for specific characters.
-Eggman is the most deserving character from Sonic, and he should get a spot next game at least.
-Sonic is the only third party that could get a second rep.
-We are definitely running out of characters to add, and it might be a while before the next SSB because of that.

KrustyKurt

Smash Cadet
smash 4 will have the most balanced cast of all time and will herald a new standard for the fighting game community for its incredibly technical play and simultaneous ease of accesibility for newcomers. It's deep and rich metagame will propel it toward a healthy competitive scene for decades

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
..... WHERE THE F*CK IS MY DEATH NOTE?????!?!?!?!
You don´t know my name or face XP

smash 4 will have the most balanced cast of all time and will herald a new standard for the fighting game community for its incredibly technical play and simultaneous ease of accesibility for newcomers. It's deep and rich metagame will propel it toward a healthy competitive scene for decades
Amem

Last edited:

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA NO MII NONE LEAVE THEM OUT!!!
Needed to get that out, thank you.
I don't care for K.Rool or Ridley that much, really.

D

Deleted member

I honestly don't care much for most of the fan-favorites. Sure it'll be nice to have them in the game, but I can live without them.

Just give me Little Mac and I'll be happy.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Characters I wish got into Smash 4 but understand they have 0 chance at making the roster:

Chrono (Chrono Trigger)
Master Chief (Halo series)
Blazekin (Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire)
Skull Kid (LoZ Majora's Mask)
Quote (Cave Story)
Rayman (Rayman series)

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Characters I wish got into Smash 4 but understand they have 0 chance at making the roster:

Chrono (Chrono Trigger)
Master Chief (Halo series)
Blazekin (Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire)
Skull Kid (LoZ Majora's Mask)
Quote (Cave Story)
Rayman (Rayman series)
No Shep?

Last edited:

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Glad you asked cause I was thinking about including him on that list...

Shepherd is an interesting case because I do love his character, but the real question I had to ask myself was do I love Shep or do I simply love MY version of Shep? The ME series gives you so many choices in terms of how you choose to craft your character that I have a hard time identifying who the "real" Shepherd even is. Is he the selfless war hero who fights for equality among all species in the galaxy at all costs (aka my version of Shep)? Or is he actually a villain who abuses his ruthless influence to strictly promote a more humanitarian agenda and his own ideals? Maybe he's a mix of both? Is he a soldier eventually turned vanguard like I envisioned? Or is he a skilled tech? Is he even male or is Shep actually a she?

Thanks to questions like these I can't help but picture Shepherd as more of an avatar that I've grown to love as a result of the choices that I made as opposed to a character that I love simply for being them (like Garrus, Liara, and Tali). As a result I'm not crazy about the idea of including him in a game like Smash.

In addition to all of the above I can't help but feel that a lot of his qualities (super soldier who specializes in various forms of weaponry) would overlap with Master Cheif's, and if I had to choose between Shep and Master Cheif I'd have to go with the latter since MC is arguably the biggest non-Nintendo gaming icon of all time and his inclusion would hold more weight as a result.

Glad I finally got some ME discussion in lol... It's a shame nobody talks about it in the ME thread anymore. >.>

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

Shepherd is an interesting case because I do love his character, but the real question I had to ask myself was do I love Shep or do I simply love MY version of Shep? The ME series gives you so many choices in terms of how you choose to craft your character that I have a hard time identifying who the "real" Shepherd even is. Is he the selfless war hero who fights for equality among all species in the galaxy at all costs (aka my version of Shep)? Or is he actually a villain who abuses his ruthless influence to strictly promote a more humanitarian agenda and his own ideals? Maybe he's a mix of both? Is he a soldier eventually turned vanguard like I envisioned? Or is he a skilled tech? Is he even male or is Shep actually a she?

Thanks to questions like these I can't help but picture Shepherd as more of an avatar that I've grown to love as a result of the choices that I made as opposed to a character that I love simply for being them (like Garrus, Liara, and Tali). As a result I'm not crazy about the idea of including him in a game like Smash.

In addition to all of the above I can't help but feel that a lot of his qualities (super soldier who specializes in various forms of weaponry) would overlap with Master Cheif's, and if I had to choose between Shep and Master Cheif I'd have to go with the latter since MC is arguably the biggest non-Nintendo gaming icon of all time and his inclusion would hold more weight as a result.

Glad I finally got some ME discussion in lol... It's a shame nobody talks about it in the ME thread anymore. >.>
I'm always up for some ME talk. I also got a support thread for Shep going. That's a good character analysis and one I'm finding myself agreeing with.

What if they made it possible to import you Shep from the ME3 game to SSB4? Image, personality, story, and all?.......holy ****....

?????????????

Smash Master

I'm always up for some ME talk. I also got a support thread for Shep going. That's a good character analysis and one I'm finding myself agreeing with.

What if they made it possible to import you Shep from the ME3 game to SSB4? Image, personality, story, and all?.......holy ****....
I am also always up for ME talk.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I'm safe? without reprisal? :p

- I hate the overestimation (unnecessary, IMO) of Melee/Project M, Fire Emblem and Kid Icarus. And I have nothing against the games and franchises itself, just with the behavior of people (mainly NeoGAF) about those games, making it look all other franchises around insignificant, which is not the case.

- I love Metal Gear with passion, but I don't want Snake in Smash (and wouldn't mind if he return, but I'm not wishing that).

- I started to like the idea of Miis, and I'm slowly becoming a supporter of those "characters". (this is also valid for Ridley, since I've never been much of Metroid).

- Pac-Man deserves to be in Smash Bros. by his (large) historical legacy. It doesn't matter much to his current role; Smash4 is not Ghostly Adventures, and most likely will have no dialogue, then there is nothing to worry about (implying that most anti-Pac comments are saying that Pac would act as GA, and then would be bad lolz).

- With the exception of Pac-Man and Little Mac, the only announcement that really would let me hyped would be something related to DK Series; and that after Metroid, is the only series already introduced in Smash that really deserves a newcomer in my opinion. (Even Kid Icarus and F-Zero having a potential as well).

- I like and support the idea of Diddy+Dixie Tag-Team, since both have their different moveset, and anything similar. but of course, K. Rool is a must before any new Kong be introduced. =P

- I'm not really happy with the inclusion of Rosalina,.. I didn't want any Mario newcomer, since all the really necessaries are already in Smash (same for Zelda and Kirby); but her gameplay seems pretty cool. .. but let's stop with Mario related things here, .. =P (and Waluigi is not a Wario character).

....Phew...

HRR2b23

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2535-4498-3108
You know, I never thought that I'd use this thread for anything other than reading people's posts for entertainment, but with all of the hype about potential direct reveals tomorrow, I now feel the need to share my thoughts.

-I absolutely, 100% hate the idea of King K Rool in smash. I know he has been important to the DK series, but I feel they are represented enough with just the two Kongs. There, I said it.
-Although I would prefer her over Rool, I don't like the idea of Dixie much either, especially the idea of a Diddy/Dixie tag team.
-My #1 most wanted newcomer is Ghirahim.
-I think the devs should put in an option for either Melee or Brawl style airdodging.
-I have no idea why people want to have Snake cut when he has one of the most unique playstyles in smash.

That's all for now, man that felt good :)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
We're not getting two of our five most wanted characters this time around, and I'm okay with it. It does suck, but it's not the end of the world.

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
- Miis are extremely relevant to Nintendo as a whole and they shouldn't have custom movesets, the Mii series has enough material to draw from.

- Aside from Snake, the two third-parties currently featured on Smash are practically Nintendo characters, arguably much more important to Nintendo than Fox or Captain Falcon, so they should stop being treated like they don't belong.

- Depth should be achieved with core game mechanics, not stupid techs.

- Competitive Play basically strips the game of 85% of its content.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
I'll revise something I said earlier.

Unlockable characters should be as easy as possible to get if you're playing Multi. As in, 95% of them could be discovered by playing every stage and character at least once. Save the longer methods for those who'd run around more in single player.

I truly dig the core of SSB's fighting engine, and understand the necessity of making sure everything is fair in a match. That being said, I really wish there was a way to involve more content, like more stages and actual item play, in competitive matches (even though my chances in competing in an actual tourney are slim to none).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom