• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unpopular Smash 4 Opinions - share them here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I don't mean to rag on ya. This is just an observation I see and has nothing to do with you personally, but Ridley is becoming the new Sonic.

People said all those things about him too. (Minus the stage hazard thing)
Hahaha, nice. And now look at us. Most of us (if not all of us) are perfectly fine with his inclusion. Maybe I'll feel the same way after seeing Ridley. :laugh:

Sonic shouldn't have been in Brawl or this game.
Emphasis on most people, I guess...

Last edited:

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Some controversal stuff :

1: If Sakurai builds Ganondorf as a joke again with no sword play-style...
It's hard to say but I rather him removed or replaced with Ghiraihim (who could be a INCREDIBLE char , full of possibilities).
No respect for triforce of power or whatever.

2 : Even if L.Mac seems nice to play... I just don't "get over" Dixie don't being showed yet.
I never want him in , in first place. I will go to the absurd of saying I preffered Travis Touchdown.

3 : I just don't believe Smash4 Online will be great. I don't know how but I think it will be just a little less unplayable than Brawl.

4: I want some hitstun, but not to much.A mind-based game is fine.

5: I don't mind MK being the Top Tier again. At least he is cool and stylish

6: I also don't believe that half of "Takamaru-supporters" knew who he was 3 years ago.

7 : It's a nice number to stop.

EDIT: O.k, being honest :
I don't think Ridley has any charisma and neither should be a character in any smash game. He is just a smart monster. And I like Metroid, but is well-represented the way it was in Brawl. Metroid is too focused in Samus to include someone else.

Last edited:

Delicious Tears

Smash Journeyman
I believe some characters with low expectation from many people will get in anyways.
I also believe not all "shoe-in" characters will get in.
I believe no unlockable characters this time around because Sakurai hates spoilers from interwebs.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
He hasn't had a good game in years.
Sonic Generations actually did pretty well and received mostly positive reviews. That was just November 2011. I guess if you're being picky two could count as years, but...

6: I also don't believe that half of "Takamaru-supporters" knew who he was 3 years ago.
Liked for this point. 100% behind this one.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
-I want Pac-Man
-Toad deserved a better fate than being once again Peach's B moves and I sympathize with Toad fans.
-Semi-clones are fine and dandy in of themselves.

SonicMario

Smash Master
That's... not a good reason at all. Some people say that Star Fox hasn't had a good game since Star Fox 64 (Remaking Star Fox 64 for the 3DS doesn't count) for example. But not too many complain that we have three Star Fox characters. Characters do not get in based on how good their recent games have been or if they've even had a game as of recent in the case of characters like the Retro based characters like Ice Climbers and ROB.

TheZombiePig

Smash Apprentice
-I'm fine with Lucas getting the axe if Porky makes it in
-Mario could go to 6 reps and that's fine. Same goes for Pokemon
-Having both Dixie and K. Rool seems reasonable. Donkey Kong is a big franchise
-The only other Zelda character that deserves a playable spot is Tingle
-I still want Geno (even though I know it ain't happening)
-I loved playing as Ganondorf in Brawl and don't care if his move set is changed

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I think sakurai is going to make a character from his series overpowered again
Remember, Kirby was bottom tier in Melee. I doubt he intentionally wanted him to be the absolute best, but he probably made sure he'd get used.

Although Pit's new d-special could be quite effective at gimping if he can use it in the air...

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Same could be said for Pacman...
And really that's just subjective for Sonic's case. Generations and Colors were pretty well received. As a huge Sonic fan though, his moveset was just really disapponting in Brawl and looks to be the same based off the trailer they showed him in. I hope they fix that.

Also, I see people support characters like Duck Hunt Dog and Tingle and I seriously hope they're joking. I mean Tingle kinda sorta maybe almost makes sense, but Duck Hunt Dog? Really?

HammerHappy

Smash Apprentice
1) Solid Snake should not have been in Brawl and will most likely not return in SSB4.
2) Players should have to work to obtain all character unlocks rather than unlocking practically everything through campaign a la SSE.

josh bones

Smash Lord
Yoshi shouldn't have been in smash 64. THERE I SAID IT.
Mother deserves 3 characters.
Bandanna dee is best Kirby newcomer.
I don't want mewtwo to return without MAJOR moveset changes

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
I don't even need anymore characters (Okay Wario) to be content. I have my mains. I'm just saying if Sakurai said no more characters including vets (This has a 0% chance of happening) I wouldn't even be that mad.

[claps]
Okay, saying you wouldn't be mad at something is considered selfish on this site. Not saying you want it to happen, just, saying you'd be fine...

WHAT THE ****!?
Chill man. I get it, I wouldn't care either if I had my mains. It just sounds selfish as there are more characters that people want. It is what it is.

If I see Captain Falcon, Falco and Sheik I really wouldn't care anymore either lol.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
1. Samurai Gorah has a better chance to be playable then Isaac, Saki, or any other Brawl AT.

2. K. Rool won't be in the game.

3. Splitting stage selection between two versions will make for less exciting stage choices

4. Sakurai working on Kid Icarus Uprising makes a new KI rep LESS likely.

Sun & Moon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedNes30
3DS FC
3411-1835-2138
- I don't care if either King K. Roll or Ridley don't became playable
- This game will be VERY unbalanced, just like Melee and Brawl
- I want Snake to be cut
- I don't want Roy to return
- I want Jiggy to return
- Paluneta is a terrible idea
- I like Wii Fit Trainer
First post BTW.

Last edited:

R0Y

Smash Master
-King K. Rool hasn't been a main villain since DK64 in 1999 and hasn't appeared in a game since 2008. He won't be in

-Snake should be cut, he almost never appears on Nintendo platforms though he made sense for Brawl being announced 2 years after The Twin Snakes was released, only thing we've gotten since is the first Metal gear on VC (only in Japan) and a port of MGS 3 to 3DS.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
For some reason, I am slowing starting to care less and less about Ridley and K. Rool inclusions. Perhaps it is because I've started playing Brawl again and there is already a lot of characters I like to play and I will most likely not play with the aforementioned characters if they are in SSB4. I am already quite satisfied for having Mega Man and Villager inclusions, plus Palutena who is very likely in the game (according to the very likely legit leak). Although the Villager having a female alt is a must to me. I am not sure if this validates as an unpopular opinion, so here a few more:

- I don't give a flying squirrel about the game being balanced. Just give me lots of chas, stages and music and I will be happy
- I want Dixie to be in more than any other character. She is a main character in my favorite game, after all
- ^ I am prepared for disappointments, though
- Still, I would take a second WarioWare rep over her and any other character, really. Gimme playable Mona pls
- Mother deserves another rep, too
- Speaking of reps, the Pokémon series is overpresented. Also, there are too many Gen 1 reps
- I don't like Melee that much, imo 64 and Brawl are MUCH better, especially Brawl.
- With that being said, I obviously want SSB4 to be more akin to Brawl. Or closer to 64, in the ""worst"" scenario.
- Although I am happy for Sonic and Mega Man, I would prefer to not have 3rd party characters in the series
- Lastly, Bandana Dee is one of the worst idea for a rep ever. It is just a ****ing random Kirby enemy

Bull****. Sonic Colors and Generations were amazing. Sonic Unleashed was decent, too, only gimped by the ****ty werehog levels. Also, by your logic, the Star Fox characters should be cut from Smash ASAP, since the last good Star Fox game was in the Nintendo 64 and was released almost a century ago.

Last edited:

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
-Little Mac, Ridley, and K.Rool have no chance, and this is coming from a big fan of those series.
Just got to take a break and lol, This is why this is an unpopular opinions and not an unpopular predictions thread.
Oh and btw, not wanting snake isn't an unpopular opinion

Alright, time for some really unpopular opinions
-Most people who don't want snake in haven't played metal gear and have no ****ing idea what they're talking about.
-K. Rool deserves to get in 10 times before ****ty requests like Krystal, Bowser Jr., and anything from sonic besides sonic.
-speaking of Sonic, his only semi bearable game in recent years is generations.
-Kid icarus should just stay with one rep. Not saying it will be, but it should be.
-I've been over saturated with Rosalina and i'm sick of seeing her everywhere.
-Paper mario should be the only new mario rep. EVER (assuming geno never has a chance)
-I can't wait to see if Brawl is still regarded as the worst smash after the new one comes out.
-most existent arguments against a character's inclusion are idiotic and pointless.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
-I can't wait to see if Brawl is still regarded as the worst smash after the new one comes out.
Regarded as the worst smash by competitive people, you mean. The other 95% of Smash players don't actually think that. I agree with your other points, though, except for the Snake one. There are plenty of reasons for not wanting him in Smash Bros, even if one played the Metal Gear series (I did play the first title and I couldn't care less if Snake was cut in SSB4, even though I think he is amazing character). He just isn't a Nintendo character, nor he is a "Nintendo All Star (a la Mega Man or Sonic)"

Vkrm

Smash Lord
Smash 4 won't be half as good as PM.

You can tell anyone arguing against snake's inclusion is a scrub. He's one of the better designed characters in Vbrawl.

L cancel is a good mechanic.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Regarded as the worst smash by competitive people, you mean. The other 95% of Smash players don't actually think that. I agree with your other points, though, except for the Snake one. There are plenty of reasons for not wanting him in Smash Bros, even if one played the Metal Gear series (I did play the first title and I couldn't care less if Snake was cut in SSB4, even though I think he is amazing character). He just isn't a Nintendo character, nor he is a "Nintendo All Star (a la Mega Man or Sonic)"
Competitively is indeed what i meant. So far i've seen low expectations for sm4sh, so flak for the game will be miniscule compared to brawl (90% sure) and the hate for brawl will most likely remain.
I did say "most" people opposing snake don't know what they're talking about. I did not say that valid points did not exist, i just think that most people don't want him in because they've never played a metal gear game and haven't even begun to appreciate the series. Heck, Bizkit is a pro snake player and he hasn't even gotten into shadow moses so far as metal gear experience. (The whole nintendo character thing would've been a valid argument, except he already made it into a smash game despite this.)
imo, snake is the definitive non nintendo all star 3rd party character. Sonic and mega man have had tons of nintendo games, but snake is more of a 3rd party in my opinon, while mega man and sonic are more like 2.5 party

Last edited:

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
- I don't care if either King K. Roll or Ridley don't became playable
- This game will be VERY unbalanced, just like Melee and Brawl
- I want Snake to be cut
- I don't want Roy to return
- I want Jiggy to return
- Paluneta is a terrible idea
- I like Wii Fit Trainer
Dang it's like you and me share the same mind... Except when it comes to Palutena. >.>

EDIT: Don't get me wrong I'd love to see Ridley/K Rool make it in but I wouldn't shed any tears if they didn't make it. I'm just not all wrapped up in who makes it in or not like many others are on this forum.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

-I hate the "too new" arguments against Shulk. His series is new yes, but I hate that people are saying that as a legitimate argument. Xenoblade came out in 2010 and Awakening came out in 2012, is Chrom too new for Smash? I'll argue that characters like Wonder Red and Alph are too new, but Shulk isn't. Besides, Pokemon Red and Blue were released in Japan in 1996 and SSB 64 was released in 1999. The time between Pokemon and SSB 64 is shorter than the time between Xenoblade and SSB4.

-I don't care for Ridley or Palutena. They seem boring to me in terms of inclusion. Yes, I played Uprising, but the Palutena boss fight didn't scream to me, "She must be playable in Smash!", unlike characters like Little Mac and Shulk. I am especially fine if Pit was solo in this game.

-I think Bandana Dee would be a fantastic character to add. I don't care if his design is generic and that he is basically an enemy, but he would definitely be unique. While King K. Rool would be far more unique than Bandana Dee, I want Bandana Dee more simply because I love the Kirby games more than the Donkey Kong games.

-Reggie is by far the worst character suggestion that I ever heard. Why should he get in? For that quote? Was it so funny to warrant an inclusion in Smash? Give me a break.

-I still hate Rosalina's inclusion. Minus the fact that she got in over Bowser Jr., a character that I want, but her puppeteer moveset just doesn't appeal to me. Also, thinking about it, she could be overpowered thanks to her Lumas. I feel as though Nintendo is forcing me to like her, which is totally failing.

-This is random to bring up, but I rather not see Nintendo buy Rare again. However, they must buy back the rights to Banjo-Kazooie. It might be pointless, but they deserve some justice in the Smash universe and need some sort of revival.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom