• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vote Wonder Red! - Wonder-Red's Last Stand?! Final Days of the Fighter Ballot

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
So here's the twitter account. It's on the OP as well.
https://twitter.com/WonderRed4Smash

Also, another tokusatsu inspired game came out about a week ago called Chroma Squad. Like The Wonderful 101 it's about a team of heroes, mainly Super Sentai inspired just like The Wonderful 101, but instead of playing the show's story you play as a team of suit actor's that got fed up with the BAD director, a close to home parody of Saban himself, and made their own show. It's a tactical RPG and it's awesome.

If you like The Wonderful 101 i recommend you take a look. If you love tokusatsu and tactical games, play it. (They were forced to put "Inspired by Saban's Power Rangers" on the game because Saban thinks he owns Super Sentai.)

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Wait, is it just a generic mask which happens to look like the Wonder Mask or is it actually called "Wonder Mask" in-game? It'd be amazing in the later case, it would mean the game's spirit is at least remembered by Nintendo!

Still a cool mask rgardless :grin:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Don't know what it's actually called but it's still there. lol

Ignoring the Wonder Mask, wow, I never expected to see an outfit like that in a Nintendo game.
The Japanese version of the paper mario games are a lot raunchier and make references to some really lewd things. It was only a matter of time before Nintendo and Friends moved past bad jokes and blood honestly.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I've been thinking about Wonder Red's special moves, maybe make the offensive ones chargeable to make the moves bigger? For example, Unite Sword is a side B, tap it, you get a small sword to attack with, but charging it lets you have more Wonders combine, making the move a bit slower but bigger and stronger?

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
I've been putting together a Wonder-Red moveset, I'll link to it when it's done.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero

I've been thinking about Wonder Red's special moves, maybe make the offensive ones chargeable to make the moves bigger? For example, Unite Sword is a side B, tap it, you get a small sword to attack with, but charging it lets you have more Wonders combine, making the move a bit slower but bigger and stronger?
That's a pretty interesting way to go about this.

UNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITE SUPPORT!
A dutch store gave W101 a price cut of 50 Euros to 15! I am proud to say I bought that ASAP
Also forgot to add you. ADDED!

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I've been thinking of what could make a good Down B. Tombstone? Camp? Ukemi?
I always thought that all of Wonder-Red's Special Moves could be the different Unite Morphs, with his Custom Move slots encompassing the 8 non-default Unite Morphs. I mean, there's room for 12 Custom Moves, and there's 12 Unite Morphs. What could be a better fit? However, seeing as Custom Moves don't seem to be a priority with DLC characters, my idea is pretty much null until evidence that suggests otherwise turns up. But, who knows? Maybe Sakurai could make a exception for Wonder-Red because there's so much potential there. I could repost my moveset if you're interested, but it does contain some spoilers for The Wonderful 101 in regards to unlockable Unite Morphs, so read it at your own risk:p.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I always thought that all of Wonder-Red's Special Moves could be the different Unite Morphs, with his Custom Move slots encompassing the 8 non-default Unite Morphs. I mean, there's room for 12 Custom Moves, and there's 12 Unite Morphs. What could be a better fit? However, seeing as Custom Moves don't seem to be a priority with DLC characters, my idea is pretty much null until evidence that suggests otherwise turns up. But, who knows? Maybe Sakurai could make a exception for Wonder-Red because there's so much potential there. I could repost my moveset if you're interested, but it does contain some spoilers for The Wonderful 101 in regards to unlockable Unite Morphs, so read it at your own risk:p.
I've got Wonder Yellow now. He's dumb
Anything similar to Kirby's Done B seems likely in all honesty.
Tombstone it is then.
I saw Gamexplain's review. Utter ****e. "You can't change the camera in the rooms" "L and R do nothing" "The game doesn't tell me what I need to use" "Unite Morphs can only be used by the touchscreen"

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
His Morph isn't that good imo. Stupidly slow and Stinger does nothing
Have you reached the Megangs yet? I guarantee your opinion will change once you meet them. Also, once you get far enough into the game, you get a Unite Morph that slows enemies down so much that you can basically wallop away at them with Unite Hammer for a second or two. Trust me, Wonder-Yellow gets better and better as the game goes on.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Have you reached the Megangs yet? I guarantee your opinion will change once you meet them. Also, once you get far enough into the game, you get a Unite Morph that slows enemies down so much that you can basically wallop away at them with Unite Hammer for a second or two. Trust me, Wonder-Yellow gets better and better as the game goes on.
Megangs take so little damage and attack quicker than Hammer. Bleh. Hope you're right, though bias would tell me to use Whip, best Morph as of now imo

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Megangs take so little damage and attack quicker than Hammer. Bleh. Hope you're right, though bias would tell me to use Whip, best Morph as of now imo
Meh. Whip is great and all, but it can't absolutely shatter defenses like Hammer can. Since the time-slow Unite Morph I'm talking about affects all types of enemies, I think you'll find that slapping a Megang or any of the other nigh-impregnable enemies in the game with one before going all out with Unite Hammer will be significantly more effective than wearing them down with Whip. Unite Whip definitely has its uses, of course, but I believe Hammer has its uses, as well.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I always thought a good Down-B would be Unite Guts Spike working as a counter move.
Side-B being Unite Spring Drill, hitbox appearing halfway through the move and being a stall-and-fall in the air, the drill would drag opponents down along with Red
Neutral-B is a status-like move similar to Shulk's Monado's arts:
A red circle forms around Red and he makes a Unite Hand, the button must be held until its complete(takes less than a second tho), after using it, he gets a Red aura and any Smash or Aerial used while it's in effect becomes a Unite Punch.
Lasts 5-10 seconds(not sure how balanced it would be).
Up-B is Wonder-Jump, this move makes Red jump a great distance and makes him lighter too, does not leave him in a helpless state and the second jump can be used after it should it have not been wasted this move is also affected by Unite Hand where it becomes Wondeful Rising with less recovery usage in favor for an actual hitbox, multi-hit like Mac's Up-B and a finishing blow.
For his Final Smash, Red call the other main Wonderful Ones and they deliver an all out attack each with their own signature Unite-Morphs

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
I'm so glad I checked out this thread for that post at the top of the page. Wonder Masks are mandatory on my characters now. lol

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Hopefully we can get wonder masks in more games.
Just pictured Zero Suit Samus donning a Wonder-Mask and doing an elaborate tokusatsu sequence of putting on the Power Suit. And, of course, the Mask is stuck to the front of her helmet.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
So i found this beautiful image. (All credit to the original creator) LET IT INSPIRE YOU ALL TO UNITE AND VOTE FOR OUR FAVORITE SENTAI!

Just pictured Zero Suit Samus donning a Wonder-Mask and doing an elaborate tokusatsu sequence of putting on the Power Suit. And, of course, the Mask is stuck to the front of her helmet.
That would be amazing!

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
A playable Wonder Red would be my main hope, but I also want some more music too. *coughtablesturnandintertwinedcough*

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Tables Turn, The Won-stoppable 101, & Final Vorkken Battle are mandatory themes.

Top Bottom