• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

i've heard people say that KH3 is the first KH game where you can really feel the executive influence of modern disney breathing down nomura's neck, and from everything i've seen of things like the frozen world i can believe it
This makes me really worry for the series future. I'm like 90% positive the reason we didn't fight any actual Disney villains is because of Disney meddling. Hopefully they'll ease up a bit, I'd love to see more of KH2's design philosophy come back.

D

Deleted member

No, your internet persona is more along the lines of "naive and really desperate for positive reinforcement."

Which is basically identical to how I was at your age and something I'm still gradually growing out of so I know firsthand how that works and can't judge.

You tend to set off situations by accident because of it, but anyone who knows you well enough can tell you never do it on purpose.
You got my persona correct!

Last edited by a moderator:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Thanks! I get hesitant to mention stuff sometimes cause I don’t want people to think I’m slamming them personally or anything

Also, a lot of the reason I like KH1 more has more to do with context and personal significance than the actual game, because the gameplay is pretty awful in 1. Lol
Yeah the KH1 gameplay was pretty "I just started, be patient" loo

ypu know what was really bad about KH1, the mother****ing weird cutscenes

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I'm just saying maaaaaaybe Disney had some influence considering Elsa literally did a full length Let It Go music video shot for shot recreation.
and if that one surprisingly well-considered game theory video on the frozen world is anything to go by, it's pretty obvious disney just went "lmao **** no" to nomura's original idea for the world

D

Deleted member

I'd be pretty sad if Muppet Vision kicked the bucket, especially considering it was Jim Henson's last major project.
Relevant video for those interested.
Ouch man that's a tragedy I loved that ride and I would rather see it stay to be honest. I always go to that ride when I go to Disney World it's a classic!

But sadly it makes sense with the Muppets brand not doing so well right now and that Star Wars land being built it does make sense as to why they would remove it though it's not certain for them to remove it I would rather see it stay as not only is it a ride I really enjoy it's also Jim Henon's last major project like you said.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
i've heard people say that KH3 is the first KH game where you can really feel the executive influence of modern disney breathing down nomura's neck, and from everything i've seen of things like the frozen world i can believe it
I'm just saying maaaaaaybe Disney had some influence considering Elsa literally did a full length Let It Go music video shot for shot recreation.
When that happened, my fiance and I basically simultaneously went “oh no”

Like, I know it’s kingdom hearts, but Arendelle and Corona both made me feel like I’m playing a disingenuous entry into the series.

Also... I wasn’t a huge fan of how hard they shilled the toy story world but that’s more of a personal problem than anything

D

Deleted member

KH1 is still fun to play but it's hecka clunky and has some questionable boss design. Other than that, it's a fun enough time, just not my personal favorite.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
As someone who played the entirety of Kingdom Hearts as a series in the past year, I think it’s just ok. I don’t think it’s especially anything fantastic, and I personally think that if Disney wasn’t a part of it, it wouldn’t be nearly as big.

Granted, the plot is unnecessarily complicated, and in my humble opinion 3 kinda takes away from a lot of character development just to make Sora seem stronger. Just kinda seems like everybody but Sora is weak, despite him being one of the only non-Keyblade Masters.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
They could've done some legitimately baller stuff with KH if they would've went all in on the original Disney X Final Fantasy concept. Kingdom Hearts 2 probably did that best.

Would've loved to have been able to ride a chocobo around Midgar with Donald and Goofy trying to stop Hades and Sephiroth from destroying the life force.

Instead, generic appearances from FF characters, Disney overload, and mediocre original characters is what we got. I love Disney but if they were going to go FULL Disney like they did in KH3 they should've made a Disney character the big bad. Instead we got... bad guy #11781

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Like, I know it’s kingdom hearts, but Arendelle and Corona both made me feel like I’m playing a disingenuous entry into the series.

Also... I wasn’t a huge fan of how hard they shilled the toy story world but that’s more of a personal problem than anything
Toy story was shilled? Toy Story was actaully a big big deal to have in the game

Frozen was shilled. It was literaly the movie right down to the songs

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Yeah, but did you know that Yen Sid spelled backward is Dis-

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Toy story was shilled? Toy Story was actaully a big big deal to have in the game

Frozen was shilled. It was literaly the movie right down to the songs
I meant in the promotional material. Wasn’t until the end of Toy Box that I went “oh so that’s why” lmao

Like the free poster at GameStop for preordering was this cheap cloth thing with woody as the main eye catch

Frozen was a whole ‘nother, way bigger issue

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I meant in the promotional material. Wasn’t until the end of Toy Box that I went “oh so that’s why” lmao

Like the free poster at GameStop for preordering was this cheap cloth thing with woody as the main eye catch

Frozen was a whole ‘nother, way bigger issue
my favourite bit of KH3 promo material that i saw out and about was a poster where elsa was bigger than sora

D

Deleted member

Real talk I wouldn't know KH was a FFxDisney crossover if people didn't tell me because I only played KH3D

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I feel like I'd be more into Kingdom of Hearts if they used more worlds from films/shows that I personally liked.

You know, like Lilo & Stitch, Up, Kim Possible...

They have some decent worlds that were used of course, but I am unclear on the execution of some of them.

D

Deleted member

Considering the big Minecraft update, 1.14 is coming soon, let's talk about it.

What changes do you want?

For me, just give us an option to adapt to the current pre-Beta 1.8 health system. ( No hunger bar, hearts, food restores your health. ). It would be very fun to have a mode like that, in my opinion.

In terms of combat, it is not the best, but I am not complaining about it either. I hear the combat will get revamped, and I hope it works. Bedrock has the old combat, so why can not we at least have a gamemode that allows for that said combat?

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
Yo PlayerOneTyler PlayerOneTyler and NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy I saw an interesting point on a 4chan thread and wanted to fact check it.

An anon said that the Disney Infinity Devs tried to negotiate with Nintendo to get Mario in the game as a console exclusive so that Mickey Mouse and Mario could be in the same game. Is that true?
Yup, and Nintendo said "lol nah, but what about Bowser or DK." (Which I think was mostly because Bowser's already been in the Disney Realm through Wreck-It Ralph, and DK was just another easy sell). So Disney said no. Then Nintendo took that over to Skylanders. Also sorry for the late response. I should check this more often.

EDIT: Also should state that that has nothing to do with Smash Bros. whatsoever. The Infinity Devs and Production Team also didn't had the power to approach Nintendo about getting anything Disney-related into Smash-- Especially Kingdom Hearts haha. Also doesn't even matter anymore since we were all let go, so no one on that team (to my knowledge) even works there anymore. But otherwise, yeah. That info is true.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I feel like I'd be more into Kingdom of Hearts if they used more worlds from films/shows that I personally liked.

They have some decent worlds that were used of course, but I am unclear on the execution of some of them.
I’m still mad the only Lilo and Stitch world was Deep Space

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I’m still mad the only Lilo and Stitch world was Deep Space
Lilo and Stitch live action movie when.

Also I forgot to mention that I don't really care for Mickey Mouse and his friends. Except Donald. He's funny.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Real talk, Japan ****ing loves Stitch, can't get enough of the blue asshole, he's apparently more popular than Mickey there but they hate Lilo for not being a proper role model for kids. Ths entire ****ing movie is about a dysfunctional family falling apart getting fixed, Lilo and Stitch's title literally ****ing means "Lost and put back together" too

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
the plot is unnecessarily complicated
which makes the crossover with disney all the more bizarre

it's like you've taken a company known for very straightforward stories primarily intended for kids and then slapped this into it, as if a 9 year old girl who gets given the game because it has frozen/toy story on the front is gonna have even the slightest clue what's going on

D

Deleted member

Real talk, Japan ****ing loves Stitch, can't get enough of the blue *******, he's apparently more popular than Mickey there but they hate Lilo for not being a proper role model for kids. Ths entire ****ing movie is about a dysfunctional family falling apart getting fixed, Lilo and Stitch's title literally ****ing means "Lost and put back together" too
I never knew that about Japan. Thank you for the information!
How do you know so much about Japan?

WaxPython

Smash Ace
Yeah kingdom hearts 3 feels like it was made for kids tbh. Story is complicated as even but dialogue is dumbed down.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Kingdom hearts plot isn't that complicated, ya just gotta, uh, play and watch everything to understand it fully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom