• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Did you just say.... am I really that....

Goodbye. No speeches. I've clearly outstayed my welcome.
I think... I might need to start being more direct with my call outs.
In which case, Smashboards user Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen is a bottom
I’m finding it funny how this post was aimed at someone specifically and the only people who it hit were absolutely the wrong people

Work on your aim, dork
Working on it. Still miss my ex-husband tho.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Live action Lilo and Stitch sounds bad because the two main human characters are Hawaiian Natives and Disney will be interested in star power over the representation.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Oh **** I just realized I can see the history of edited posts.

EDIT: Did pictures break again.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I’m finding it funny how this post was aimed at someone specifically and the only people who it hit were absolutely the wrong people

Work on your aim, dork
When your aim is worse than Church's

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Live action Lilo and Stitch sounds bad because the two main human characters are Hawaiian Natives and Disney will be interested in star power over the representation.
Hell, Nani and David's voice actors are both Hawaiian iirc and they helped out with the script for the Hawaiian words
I think... I might need to start being more direct with my call outs.
In which case, Smashboards user Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen is a bottom

Working on it. Still miss my ex-husband tho.
You're calling me a bottom? Guess you're not getting any headpats lately, only good girls get headpats, so you don't get to have any

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
You can't infract me if I infract you first!

I'm telling the mods you're trolling the thread!!! You're going back to school cause you're about to be taught a LESSON >:^)
Psh. You're assuming I was taught any lessons in public school.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'm really panicking. I might fail one of my college classes because of a misunderstanding at the beginning of the semester and I can't see how my final exam score will effect the grade, and the teacher hasn't put all the grades in the machine so I don't know how I score and I'm worried I'll fail and if I fail a class then my parents will make me pay for it and that's thousands of dollars I will never have and I'm super scared and I don't know what to do and she won't answer my emails and I can't talk to my parents about this because they'll get mad at me because **** like this has happened before and no matter how many times I have a problem I can never fix the cause and I'm a horrible person and please someone help me!

D

Deleted member

I wanna go on a road trip to Canada. I desperately wanna visit that country but I'm not able to rn.
And I thought you were from Toronto, given the Maple Leafs in your profile (sometimes) and the footnote.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Okay so people like tournaments? People like Hunger Games? Well, as a celebration for Joker finally getting into Smash, we will have... NONE of those things. Instead, I will be conducting a celebratory Marble Race! Woooooot!

These aren't too hard to run, sign ups are NOW! You have a lovely assortment of 91 colors to choose from.

View attachment 209835

And then, everybody who signed up will FIGHT TO THE DEATH in a nice cheerful game of marbles rolling down a track. It's a nice break to a chance game from a chance game. And of course you don't have to commit time into it if your marble rolls for you. Okay sign ups,
Arigarmy - Mauve
Hinata - Pink
Noipoi - Indigo
Zinith - Fern
King Sonnn DeDeDoo - Navy
Iridium - Silver
KarneraMythos - Violet
Idon - Abyss
Blargg888 - Green
ShotoStar - Capri
Tehponycorn - Azure
Zeke the Zekenator - Red
Roberk - Forest
Ultomato - Orange
Faygoshill - Tan
Thesaurus30 - Brown
JDCabrera - Sienna
Smashing Ramen - Teal
Praline - Magenta
GothFluttershy - Lavender
Shishoe - Scarlet
Just a penguin - Gold
Pyra - Black
Staindgrey - Gray
KMDP - Crimson
Gentlepanda - Cyan
UtopianPoyzin - Aquamarine
Onereasonanddone - Yellow
Swamp Sensei - Swamp
Elma - Sky
PsySmasher - Royal
Wademan94 - Jungle
Moydow - Purple
Bolderousness - White
Blade of Evil's Bane - Electric
Osby - Robin
Cyndane - Lilac
GoldenYuiitusin - Goldenrod
I've been gone from SmashBoards for a while. These are still the players I have. I'm resetting everybody's request count because I don't know who requested what. Everybody has four more names again.

Sorry for not telling people of my absence.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I'm really panicking. I might fail one of my college classes because of a misunderstanding at the beginning of the semester and I can't see how my final exam score will effect the grade, and the teacher hasn't put all the grades in the machine so I don't know how I score and I'm worried I'll fail and if I fail a class then my parents will make me pay for it and that's thousands of dollars I will never have and I'm super scared and I don't know what to do and she won't answer my emails and I can't talk to my parents about this because they'll get mad at me because **** like this has happened before and no matter how many times I have a problem I can never fix the cause and I'm a horrible person and please someone help me!
From personal experience and experience with my brother:

Talk to your parents.

A problem is so, so, so much worse when you hide it and only reveal it after the damage is done. The earlier you tell them about it, the more involved they are in the process and the less "mad at you" they'll be. People make mistakes. Sometimes classes don't go well. It's not the end of the world, but regardless of if you pass or fail, you need to keep your parents informed. Especially if they're paying for your school.

D

Deleted member

Okay, like, Kingdom Hearts has some of the dumbest storytelling ever and some of the design in the games is super sketch in terms of whether or not it's good, but I still love it. I love the characters, the dumb plot, the gameplay, the music, all of it.

That said, while I love KH3, I won't be overly defensive about it anymore; it has serious problems. The pacing is pretty bad, the only worlds that had any semblance of classic KH storytelling were the Pixar worlds, and Attraction Flow was only fun for five minutes before you realized it wasn't fun and cheapens the gameplay. I don't fault anyone for not being super into it, even if I was able to look past that stuff personally. I'm hoping critical mode tomorrow goes a long way in improving the combat, as there is tons of potential there with some of KH3's ideas, but there are certain design choices that harder difficulty won't fix, and that's a shame.

D

Deleted member

yeah can i get uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh olimar nerfs

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Ironically, I’m in a very similar situation with a lot of my college classes as well.

First thing you need to do is calm down. Panicking will always make things worse. Trust me.

Secondly, get in contact with the professor. Ask them when the homework will be posted. And try to schedule a meeting with them if you’re having any problems with the class. They are there to help.

Finally, if you’re doing poorly in a class, get tutoring. I was a straight A student in high school, but college has made me more of an A-/B+ student. And the only reason I haven’t dropped any further was b/c I got help outside of class.

Hopefully this helps you a bit.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Yup, and Nintendo said "lol nah, but what about Bowser or DK." (Which I think was mostly because Bowser's already been in the Disney Realm through Wreck-It Ralph, and DK was just another easy sell). So Disney said no. Then Nintendo took that over to Skylanders. Also sorry for the late response. I should check this more often.

EDIT: Also should state that that has nothing to do with Smash Bros. whatsoever. The Infinity Devs and Production Team also didn't had the power to approach Nintendo about getting anything Disney-related into Smash-- Especially Kingdom Hearts haha. Also doesn't even matter anymore since we were all let go, so no one on that team (to my knowledge) even works there anymore. But otherwise, yeah. That info is true.
Don't worry about the late response lol. I appreciate your insight into Disney and the trouble developers can have with them. A lot of people like to overstate Sora's chances because "Disney said it'd be okay" but it's not nearly that easy.

If only it were, because Sora would likely be in at this point. :(

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
yeah can i get uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh olimar nerfs
Pssh nobody plays Olimar so I doubt Nintendo's gonna take notice.
You better hope an Olimar wins a buncha tourneys soon.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
That sucks. But hey all you can do is your best and if you fail one class you can maybe retake it or another one to make up for it. I dont think it's worth considering for now since you can still pass ;)

Also, if it helps, other people (including me) have wasted thousands of dollars. It's a lot of money but it's still just money and there're ways to use what you've learned. There's also people I've upset and it took me a while to get over it but in the end none of us are perfect but if you feel that strongly about it then there's hope the motivation to do do better. It's just in the form of worry it usually doesn't help as much.

So breathe, slow down and open to that things can be ok i f you can. And if you can't that's ok too, things can settle down when it's time.
I hope things get a little better, and I'm sure more can be sorted out.

here's a hug *hug*.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
As Grey said, talk to your parents. Also try reaching out to your teacher if you know their office hours and guidance counselor if you have one. Don't let this go unsolved.

And you're not a horrible person because you made a mistake, it just means you aren't very competent.

D

Deleted member

I've been gone from SmashBoards for a while. These are still the players I have. I'm resetting everybody's request count because I don't know who requested what. Everybody has four more names again.

Sorry for not telling people of my absence.
So we get to choose our colors again? Well then I'll be Capri.

D

Deleted member

Doesn't the upcoming Disney's Aladdin Live Action film aside from Will Smith have actors that are from Egyptian, Iranian, Tunisia, and so on family backgrounds?

D

Deleted member

Y'all feeling pretty betrayed and also kinda fishing for advice and I use this forum for venting already so I'ma just dump it

There's this dude I've known since I was fifteen. Me and him are really good friends, and I mean really good friends. I'm saying this completely unironically, I would literally trust him with my life

Anyways it turns out he beats his girlfriend

And I have no ****ing clue what to do. I don't know where to take it, I don't know how I'm supposed to handle it, and so far I'm the only person she's told and I'm kinda freaking out

I know for a fact that she's being hurt. She showed me the bruises. There's no benefit of the doubt here

Now I usually wouldn't be conflicted about anything. But the thing is is that she's insisting I don't go to the law or tell anyone and she's freaking out about even telling me in the first place and I have no clue what the hell I'm supposed to do in this situation

D

Deleted member

Lilo will be played by Scarlett Johansson

D

Deleted member

As Grey said, talk to your parents. Also try reaching out to your teacher if you know their office hours and guidance counselor if you have one. Don't let this go unsolved.

And you're not a horrible person because you made a mistake, it just means you aren't very competent.
I don't think the last part is very encouraging...

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Don't worry about the late response lol. I appreciate your insight into Disney and the trouble developers can have with them. A lot of people like to overstate Sora's chances because "Disney said it'd be okay" but it's not nearly that easy.

If only it were, because Sora would likely be in at this point. :(
And yet we're somehow getting Mickey Mouse games for the Genesis Mini!

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Y'all feeling pretty betrayed and also kinda fishing for advice and I use this forum for venting already so I'ma just dump it

There's this dude I've known since I was fifteen. Me and him are really good friends, and I mean really good friends. I'm saying this completely unironically, I would literally trust him with my life

And I have no ****ing clue what to do. I don't know where to take it, I don't know how I'm supposed to handle it, and so far I'm the only person she's told and I'm kinda freaking out

I know for a fact that she's being hurt. She showed me the bruises. There's no benefit of the doubt here

Now I usually wouldn't be conflicted about anything. But the thing is is that she's insisting I don't go to the law or tell anyone and she's freaking out about even telling me in the first place and I have no clue what the hell I'm supposed to do in this situation
I think the only option is for you to STAND up against him. No I don't care if it means breaking the friendship, him beating up his girlfriend is the worst kind of peoples that you can see. Like you should act up against him and ask him WHY DOES HE DO IT

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

You have a couple of options:
  • Confront him about it yourself
    • You're close with him, you can leverage that to your advantage
  • Call your local police station or find out if you can send an anonymous tip for investigators
  • Talk to her parents about it and let them handle it
  • Etc.
Don't do nothing. That's the worst thing you can do.

Teeb147

Smash Legend

oh wow, you're having a major dilemma too?

That sounds like a toughy. Take your time to think about it carefully.
What would happen if you talked with your friend about it? Do you think he would deny it?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You have a couple of options:
  • Confront him about it yourself
    • You're close with him, you can leverage that to your advantage
  • Call your local police station or find out if you can send an anonymous tip for investigators
  • Talk to her parents about it and let them handle it
  • Etc.
Don't do nothing. That's the worst thing you can do.
I'm hella gonna do something, I'm not just gonna stand by

Can't exactly talk to her parents. I haven't known her for long, but I know she's estranged

Confronting him myself seems like a bad idea

I was thinking about leaving a tip for the law or investigators or something. I gotta look into that

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
What for?

I mean, there's definitely some things to see, but it's not the most exotic place :p
It's because it's right there for me. It's a foreign nation but it's close, and it's well-rounded in locations and has some good, cool sites to see. It's not that exotic, but it still seems like an exciting place.
And I thought you were from Toronto, given the Maple Leafs in your profile (sometimes) and the footnote.
I'm a fraud...I'm an American Leafs fan. RIP me.

D

Deleted member

As said above, don't do nothing. That's going to not only let the harm continue, but also let the secret eat you up.
If you two are such close friends. I'd suggest perhaps confronting him about it. Don't just suddenly approach him and say it, but do bring it up with him and talk with him.
If you don't want confront him, I'd suggest discretely leaving a tip with the law enforcement. It's a tough situation my man, good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom