• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Not necessarily main character, but at least a vital role.

We'll just have to wait and see.
i'd also argue that nintendo putting substantial work into her as a straight-up joker skin is pretty strong evidence in favor of feMC

but time will tell

WaxPython

Smash Ace
I'm not sure you understand what constitutes a monopoly or what a lawsuit for wrongful termination actually accomplishes.
Lol are you serious?

Firstly funimatiom does have a monopoly on licensing and dubs in the anime industry it's pretty much a fact at this stage.

Secondly the lawsuit is for for multiple reasons such as for defamation of character.

Look up the now public court documents before you patronize me

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Why would we get 2 Persona characters as dlc. That’s really really stupid.
No one knows if "Jane" is a challenger pack or something else. Some have theorized her to be a possible downloadable costume for Joker.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
No one knows if "Jane" is a challenger pack or something else. Some have theorized her to be a possible downloadable costume for Joker.
I’d rather have Akechi. Having a dlc costume for someone who we don’t know anything of, even a name, and may not even be playable would be lame as ****.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Anyway one thing I admittedly find hilarious about people defending Prick Lasagna is how many conspiracy theories they themselves create. "CHRIS SABAT SAID A HOMOPHOBIC SLUR IN 2015!" The only sources are videos from 2019 and in 2015 there was the whole Fire Emblem Fates stuff so people would have noticed. "TOEI IS ANGRY AT FUNIMATION FOR THIS AND WANTS THEM TO FIRE CHRIS SABAT AND SEAN SCHEMMEL!" Toei literally could not care less and if they did, I think that they care more about the VAs of the main cast more than a side character

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
New Detective Pikachu trailer btw.
I swear, with every additional trailer, the more I'm intrigued with this movie.

It doesn't need to be amazing, but I hope that it's at the very least decent, so it can break the video game movie curse once and for all.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Can I say too how glad I am Joker was released one week before the P5R stuff? I feel like it would have been another pretty boring week, if not worse if Joker wasn't released earlier than most peoples expected.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
i want to believe detective pikachu will be good, but rob letterman has a horrible track record that includes shark tale so i'm not holding my breath

WaxPython

Smash Ace
Anyway one thing I admittedly find hilarious about people defending Prick Lasagna
Grow up, childish name calling like that should be left in primary school. Vic does so much charity work and cares for his fans deeply. So disheartening seeing this attack on his character because he likes to interact with his fans.

Can't wait for the court hearing to expose the truth

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
get a second opinion
For real though, this place comes up in therapy sometimes since it’s both positively and negatively affecting my mental health

I don’t really mention the bad apples because I stop caring about people who act tough on the internet pretty easily.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
i want to believe detective pikachu will be good, but rob letterman has a horrible track record that includes shark tale so i'm not holding my breath
On one hand, we got the director of Shark Tale

On the other though, we've got one of the writers of Guardians of The Galaxy.

It's gonna be quite a toss up, if you ask me

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Sorry, I’m not financially stable enough to home him. Hope you’re able to find him a better home, though!
Well its up to my mom seeing how its her dog and since she goes by her "Im scared to give him up because no one will take care of him" ways, she will probably keep him and end up going broke. Tried telling her SPCA is a good place but not, she aint listening

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Lol are you serious?

Firstly funimatiom does have a monopoly on licensing and dubs in the anime industry it's pretty much a fact at this stage.

Secondly the lawsuit is for for multiple reasons such as for defamation of character.

Look up the now public court documents before you patronize me
I am serious, and this post further proves my point.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Anyway just got out of therapy.
My therapist says she thinks y’all are rad
now thats a lie if I ever saw one
WHAT.

Source please I'm freakin' out.

D

Deleted member

now thats a lie if I ever saw one

Oh heck yeah.

Looks like my spring gaming is gonna be Tales of Vesperia and KH3 critical.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
So would Akechi and he’d make more sense.
akechi is popular, but if atlus gonna atlus, then future-proofing persona's smash representation with what's probably the female protagonist of the game's definitive edition makes both promotional and financial sense.

D

Deleted member

The funniest part of that is that Vic still currently has his role as Rohan in Jojo Part 4, which is licenced and dubbed by Viz who's also one of the biggest manga publishers in the western industry
Why would they keep Vic?
Vic is a very bad person, from what I have heard.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I'm not a Persona fan so I'm not the smartest but don't Akechi's Personas both have big *** weapons? Can't exactly mimic Arsene with that as Arsene doesn't actually increase the range on moves
akechi uses a similar weapon to joker, but
only his 'true' persona, loki, actually performs similar to arsene, and that's a massive spoiler. his first persona, robin hood, uses a bow and arrow, so it's a different style altogether.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I think it's funny that Vic Mignogna hired a ****ing Law Firm to sue Funimation and Co. Like, if this dude's guilty he ain't going down without a fight.

Honestly, conspiracies are stupid so if all these witnesses say, yeah he's guilty, I'm inclined to believe them over the conspiracy. Either way, Vic thinks he's innocent and all that really matters is what the court rules. Guess we'll see in 5-10 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom