• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Spiderverse was a great movie and it deserved its Oscar... it's probably the best Spider-Man movie... but the best movie full stop? That's a bit much. I don't think it's even the best superhero movie.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Refresh my memory:

If I get redirected to an obvious spam site, how do I report it?

Because it happened just now.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So, if you remove everything that makes them unique, they wouldn't be unique?
Considering they’re out of their suits more times than naught. I just wish they didn’t look like generic 3D movie characters.

Not to mention that, I found it really easy to see through the halftone textures at a lot of points in the movie.

In general I just wish it was a 2D movie.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Oh, and Spiderverse is a fantastic movie, don’t get me wrong, but jeez with the way people describe it you’d think it was the second coming of Jesus. In particular I thought the restriction of time really hurt the alternate spidermen, I don’t think they had enough time to get the audience really invested in them and in the end they weren’t super important anyways.
Same. I can't recommend it enough (I think pros outweighted cons) but some people are practically asking for hype backslash.

D

Deleted member

Considering they’re out of their suits more times than naught. I just wish they didn’t look like generic 3D movie characters.
old fat peter maybe but peni, ham, noir, miles, and gwen are all pretty damn recognizable designs out-of-suit (or i guess in-suit for some since ham and noir never take theirs off lol)

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

jason schreier of kotaku saying that P5S is not P5 switch, P5 the royal is PS4-exclusive, and doesn't know if P5 switch is even a thing at all

that's... pretty bad, not gonna sugar coat it. i don't like kotaku all that much, but schreier is incredibly well-connected, and one of the only insiders i'll pay any attention to when he starts making bigger claims like this.
Well shoot.

Ah well, was fun to speculate while it lasted. Jane being a swap for Joker is super weird, then.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
old fat peter maybe but peni, ham, noir, miles, and gwen are all pretty damn recognizable designs out-of-suit (or i guess in-suit for some since ham and noir never take theirs off lol)
Funny you say that, because I feel like this genericy comes through the most in the scenes when miles is talking to his dad.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I’m tired, but once you’ve watched one CinemaSins video, you can’t stop.

D

Deleted member

Rereleasing P5 on the exact same console is a super bizarre choice IMO. It will do nothing to capitalize on the brand's recent popularity or interest anyone new.

Starting to think speculation that Sony does have pull over mainline Persona projects could be true at this point.

D

Deleted member

As a Film major, I can safely conclude no movie will ever surpass Spiderverse. And I'm not saying this because I like it. I'm saying this based off of years of research
Another DLC tier bandwagon?

Another DLC tier bandwagon
Why is Garbodor so low? 0/10 blocked and reported

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I saw all the Mario Kart talk and I wanted to hop back in on that real quick when I saw that tier list Gyrom8 Gyrom8 did and made me think of this:

The next Mario Kart will have 8 games preceding it and if they follow the 16 retro tracks path again what two tracks from each game would you like to see return?
Never owned the original, N64 or Super Circuit, so for the rest:

Double Dash
- Mushroom Bridge
- Wario Colosseum
DS
- Waluigi Pinball
- Airship Fortress
Wii
- Coconut Mall
- Maple Treeway
- Wuhu Mountain Loop
- Rainbow Road
- Mount Wario
- Bowser's Castle

A number of these have already been retro courses, but I'd just like to see them in HD tbh

D

Deleted member

Even MysticDistance is backing down from the Persona on Switch stuff.

Yeaaaaaah it's over. The Game Awards announcement just got everyone riled up, I guess. Uugggghhhhhh...What crummy news to wake up to.

Bleh. Guess I gotta keep that PS4 plugged in after all. What a bummer. :/

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Yeaaaaaah it's over. The Game Awards announcement just got everyone riled up, I guess. Uugggghhhhhh...What crummy news to wake up to.

Welp. Looks like I’m not playing P5 then. I am not playing an RPG on a stationary console.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

heart goes out to Noipoi Noipoi right now ngl

D

Deleted member

Welp. Looks like I’m not playing P5 then. I am not playing an RPG on a stationary console.
Only reason I hate the PS4 is I can't stand the Dual Shock for it. That dinky little battery life makes the Wii U gamepad look good. That, and some of the stunts they've pulled recently kinda tick me off.

Hey Sony, next time, how about you don't stick a big, bright LED light in your controller that nobody asked for? Also, maybe learn how to make a decent console UI while you're at it.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Only reason I hate the PS4 is I can't stand the Dual Shock for it. That dinky little battery life makes the Wii U gamepad look good. That, and some of the stunts they've pulled recently kinda tick me off.

Hey Sony, next time, how about you don't stick a big, bright LED light in your controller that nobody asked for? Also, maybe learn how to make a decent console UI while you're at it.
Yeah. I bought the PS4 for the Sony ips. Not because the console has any specific merits.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
now just give the switch some actual themes goddamnit

ps4's UI is dodgy but i got this from preordering p5 and it's too beautiful to just part with

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I wonder is Persona 5 Arena will have shadow like characters like P4A
Likely yes. They were easy to make and it's not hard to find a canon handwave for them. Maybe it might be an issue if the roster is too big but I think they'll be fine.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Has it been confirmed that Persona 5 isn't coming the switch? Leaks aren't always true, even with supposedly "insider info".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom