• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Hey Pyra Pyra , while I don't know if you already talked about it or not since I probably miss in the former case, but what did you think of
The Abandonned City moment, where Rex & Pyra realize that the Elysium that they saw in Pyra's dream wasn't real and all that's left are just ruin? With this haunting music playing in the background as you visit the ruin of this once human civilization?
What? I'm being overdramatical? Pfff, as if. :v
I was verbally distressed. The reactions of Rex and Pyra made me hurt lol. Also that segment where Rex is fighting “his party” gave me the big sads

I found myself enjoying my walk through that destroyed Elysium though, because it was interesting seeing everywhere that people lived and played.

Also depending on who your lead is, they react differently to all the interaction spots lol

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I’m in support of Banjo but I don’t really talk about it unless that’s the main subject (like anything else I support besides Tetromino) cause the support thread makes me uncomfortable lol

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I've been saying Smash Direct for three months. The last Direct Nintendo showed pretty much everything they had to show until E3 for a reason.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I've been saying Smash Direct for three months. The last Direct Nintendo showed pretty much everything they had to show until E3 for a reason.
I never really believed in it being anything else.

The closer to the end of the month we get the more it looks like it won’t happen till the 25th though. Kind of mad about that tbh.

Roberk

Smash Champion
The characters we think are “in the running” change every day based on who’s logged on and what mood they’re in. It has no basis in provable facts.
Frank O’ Connor (the franchise development director of Halo) pretty much disconfirmed Master Chief, saying in a tweet that “Master Chief isn’t Smash DLC”. While we aren’t a hive mind the majority of speculators took that as Master Chief disconfirmation.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
though i'm not sure it's a real pattern that nintendo actually follows, most general directs seem to be held by around the 14th-15th of a month or not at all

game-centric directs just happen whenever the hell they please though

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Frank O’ Connor (the franchise development director of Halo) pretty much disconfirmed Master Chief, saying in a tweet that “Master Chief isn’t Smash DLC”. While we aren’t a hive mind the majority of speculators took that as Master Chief disconfirmation.
Oh. Right. Forgot about that. He’d probably know if he was.

Very few characters have been flat out deconfirmed like that though.

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
It makes me wonder if they will do that Smash direct arround the Persona 5 events which are planned for the 24th and 25th and if that could also hinder the reveal of who "Brave" is

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
That sketch for a game character I posted a while back is finished! Thanks to my pal Qwel#8252 for drawing it!
1555166724973.png

What do you all think about her?

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
It makes me wonder if they will do that Smash direct arround the Persona 5 events which are planned for the 24th and 25th and if that could also hinder the reveal of who "Brave" is
if there's a direct, i think they'll finally reveal brave with a release date set for june - keeps people looking forward to the next guaranteed thing instead of just debating endlessly over whether or not there'll be an e3 announcement

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I was verbally distressed. The reactions of Rex and Pyra made me hurt lol. Also that segment where Rex is fighting “his party” gave me the big sads

I found myself enjoying my walk through that destroyed Elysium though, because it was interesting seeing everywhere that people lived and played.

Also depending on who your lead is, they react differently to all the interaction spots lol
That entire section with the music and the visual made me go like, "Yup, this was made by the creators of Xenogear/Xenosaga" and, "Yup, I need a little break now". Because maaaaaaan, the music in there just kill me.

And yeah, while it did give me my fair share of FEELS, I was also really interested by the various construction around the town, make you wonder how peoples live there there before the accident happened.

Also, yes, I did know about the leader easter egg in this section, Zeke comment in the church in particular is gold.

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
if there's a direct, i think they'll finally reveal brave with a release date set for june - keeps people looking forward to the next guaranteed thing instead of just debating endlessly over whether or not there'll be an e3 announcement
Well thats the way I predicted it at first to, but well if a direct doesn't happen this week, I could see a tie in happening with Atlus, if P5S is the switch port, but well another character reveal from another company would be a bit awkward I guess if its in an Atlus presentation.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I like her! What kind of game is this for?
Thanks!

It's kind of like the Great Cave Offensive from Kirby Super Star, where you hunt for treasure on a giant map, but you get to switch between characters, and each one has different abilities. I plan to add some more stuff later on.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Well thats the way I predicted it at first to, but well if a direct doesn't happen this week, I could see a tie in happening with Atlus, if P5S is the switch port, but well another character reveal from another company would be a bit awkward I guess if its in an Atlus presentation.
atlus could show off everything related to 3.0.0 at the concert but it'd still be a japan-only broadcast - unless they're still shadow dropping it, nintendo needs a way to present 3.0.0 to everyone who can't watch whatever atlus is presenting.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
It doesn't seem likely that we'll get a Nintendo direct until E3, I'd like to remind you all that we're two months away from E3, it doesn't make sense for Nintendo to take some announcements and news from E3 and put it in a seperate Direct two months prior. We might get some Joker gameplay before they drop him at 3.0, but I don't think we'll get any new character until E3.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
atlus could show off everything related to 3.0.0 at the concert but it'd still be a japan-only broadcast - unless they're still shadow dropping it, nintendo needs a way to present 3.0.0 to everyone who can't watch whatever atlus is presenting.
Well they shadow dropped Piranha Plant with no fan fare, so the possibility that they might do the same for Joker exists.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Well they shadow dropped Piranha Plant with no fan fare, so the possibility that they might do the same for Joker exists.
they'd still shown off gameplay of him way back in november, and 2.0 didn't come with anything major besides him - there wasn't any real fanfare because there wasn't anything special to show off beyond "yeah that guy we showed before is in now"

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Yeah but we actually had gameplay for Piranha Plant and they didn't come with additional modes tbf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom