• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Nah, the data for her is there, it's just gonna be super weird that Nintendo will pretty much be advertising an upcoming Sony product.
thats why I think she aint gonna be there. Why would they take the time to advertise a character thats not even on the nintendo console especially for a game that prob isnt coming to switch

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
I still stand with thinking P5 will find its way on switch.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
thats why I think she aint gonna be there. Why would they take the time to advertise a character thats not even on the nintendo console especially for a game that prob isnt coming to switch
Yes, why would they do such a thing... :snake:
Why would they even have the stage reference the upcoming game that's not on a Nintendo system... :shadowmoses:

D

Deleted member

Has it been confirmed that Persona 5 isn't coming the switch? Leaks aren't always true, even with supposedly "insider info".
A very reliable reporter from Kotoku posted on ResetERA that the rumors are baseless and P5R is Sony exclusive.

MysticDistance, one of the original people to start this wild ride back in December, is backing off too. Best Buy Direct is most likely fake and April Direct probably isn't happening past maybe a small Smash one at this point.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
A very reliable reporter from Kotoku posted on ResetERA that the rumors are baseless and P5R is Sony exclusive.

MysticDistance, one of the original people to start this wild ride back in December, is backing off too. Best Buy Direct is most likely fake and April Direct probably isn't happening past maybe a small Smash one at this point.
Okay. We are getting a direct to showcase Joker and update 3. It would be idiotic not to.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Why Cloud promotes a movie that isn't on a Nintendo console?

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
the bottom line is really that sakurai adds whatever he wants if it'll be a cool addition - and if atlus asked him to help promote the royal a bit as a condition for putting joker in, so be it, it's a playstation exclusive anyway so no harm done to nintendo

the only real question remaining is why nintendo would offer a list with joker on it if P5 Switch isn't P5S, to which i see three possible answers:
  1. Sakurai was allowed some leverage in the selection, given how much he loves P5
  2. Joker is probably the most recognisable atlus rep at the moment, so adding him in particular is a means of representing the company and nintendo's history with SMT
  3. P5 Switch is real but being announced separately somewhere down the line (probably not until e3 at the earliest)

D

Deleted member

Never forget, King Zell said it was happening this year.
I wanna believe but everyone keeps saying "Next Direct for sure, guys!" and NGL it's gotten super tiring. If it comes, neato, but I'm not gonna get my hopes up for something anytime soon, especially after all of this.

Okay. We are getting a direct to showcase Joker and update 3. It would be idiotic not to.
Yeah a Smash Direct is probably what'll happen if we get one.

I'm still not entirely convinced they won't just handle it the way they did Kirby's big update though, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I never hear of this before pff, who on earth said that? What on earth is the Nintendo Rule?
Here's an interesting Sakurai quote about it
https://www.sourcegaming.info/2016/02/23/nintendo-dream-interview-with-sakurai-part-2/
At the same time, I think it’s only natural to prioritize the character who enjoys worldwide popularity. I might have had misgivings if Cloud had never appeared on a Nintendo console in any form, though.
So I guess those minor cameos actually did matter a bit.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee

There was a leaker though that found the trademarks somewhere in December, and always claimed that a switch version would be announced before may
https://twitter.com/jaridohya/status/1101052357419429888

Don't know if he is 100% credible though, but its still something and I believe he always said that PSR is the PS4 game, while P5S is the Switch game

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom