• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

if you don't put elma/rex & aegis in ss tier i always knew you were a fake fan and you will be ignored
owo.png

How is it pessimistic to recognize Spiderverse as the greatest movie ever made?
well the viewpoint that *blank* will never ever ever be surpassed and that it's so sad how it's genre is just slowly going downhill no matter what is just a bit pessimistic

osby

Smash Obsessed
Is it really? I mean it’s a good movie but... I just don’t understand the hype with it. I had a much better time when I saw Aquaman.
Aquaman looks impressive, but Spiderverse has groundbreaking animation that you can't see in anywhere else. Aside from that soundtrack, character designs, art direction were all came together very well and with story.

Also plot was also pretty good for a genre film, even though I didn't like the second half and it overall has its weak points.

I can get not liking it, but I'd be shocked if it doesn't turn out to be an influential movie in its field.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Aquaman looks impressive, but Spiderverse has groundbreaking animation that you can't see in anywhere else. Aside from that soundtrack, character designs, art direction were all came together very well and with story.

Also plot was also pretty good for a genre film, even though I didn't like the second half and it overall has its weak points.

I can get not liking it, but I'd be shocked if it doesn't turn out to be an influential movie in its field.
Really? It was just generic 3D Animation with cell shading. If you took that away it would look like every other 3D movie ever made. I don’t know. It just felt too... uninteresting.

D

Deleted member

It's ok Shish Kamen Rider Spider Man's coming in the sequel with his Megazord
See? This is what I meant with going downhill
Is it really? I mean it’s a good movie but... I just don’t understand the hype with it. I had a much better time when I saw Aquaman.
Spiderverse is the greatest animation movie ever made and makes Miyazaki's Princess Mononoke look like Sword Art Online. In this essay I will

D

Deleted member

Hey everyone is going in to contact me about the details about how I can get the money to work with the admins.
This was all created by predictive text..

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
See? This is what I meant with going downhill

Spiderverse is the greatest animation movie ever made and makes Miyazaki's Princess Mononoke look like Sword Art Online. In this essay I will
I guess I just don’t get it. In my opinion, the comic cell shading made some scenes look ugly as sin. And the plot was as stock as they come.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I'm about thirty pages late on this (that's what I get for sleeping!), but here's my newcomer tier list. (I intentionally left out any assist trophies - I can't recall which ones came back for this game and which ones were left out)

I apologize for how blurry the image is; I couldn't save the image from the site, so I had to upload it to Imgur. I think some of the characters in my "Who" section are from Persona 5, Final Fantasy 7, and Xenoblade Chronicles 2, but I haven't gotten far enough in those games to encounter them yet.

https://tiermaker.com/create/smash-ultimate-dlc-10759

It's worth noting that I like Dragon Ball (been a fan of it for decades); I just wouldn't want Goku in Smash.
people wanting the ****ing punching bag must want it as a joke. I dont see it being an actuall legit want

osby

Smash Obsessed
Really? It was just generic 3D Animation with cell shading. If you took that away it would look like every other 3D movie ever made. I don’t know. It just felt too... uninteresting.
I disagree, there were a lot of distinct artistic decisions like low frame rate, pop-up comic captions, halftone textures, using 2D animation over 3D terrain. I think it looks nothing generic.

D

Deleted member

I disagree, there were a lot of distinct artistic decisions like low frame rate, pop-up comic captions, halftone textures, using 2D animation over 3D terrain. I think it looks nothing generic.
Basically this.

It went out of the norm, and it worked very well.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Why do frame rates always come up in everything. Am I the only one who just doesn’t notice frame rates?

The comic captions were nice, I guess. But didn’t do much imo.

I think we’re just gonna have to agree to disagree.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I’m telling y’all, this persona stuff isn’t surprising.
Snake gets in smash with MGS4 content, no MGS4 port.
Sonic gets in smash, no Sonic 06 port.
Ryu gets in smash, no Street Fighter 5 port.
Cloud gets in smash, no Final Fantasy VII port.
Simon and Richter get in smash, no Castlevania Requiem port.
This has happened pretty much every single time.

D

Deleted member

Spiderverse's animation style is completely unique because it's the first of its kind and Sony even tried to copyright the techniques used.
Thank God they didn't manage to do that because I really want more movies that look just as pretty as it.

D

Deleted member

I still haven’t seen Into the Spider-Verse.
Also spell it with a hyphen. Grr.

D

Deleted member

yeah tbh

there aren't many animated movies that you just immediately tell which movie it is based of just it's animation. spider-verse is one of those movies.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Modern movies are fine and all...

But they can't compare to this 1914 masterpiece!

I think I wrote a portion of an essay on one of the scenes in this film...

D

Deleted member

Why do frame rates always come up in everything. Am I the only one who just doesn’t notice frame rates?

The comic captions were nice, I guess. But didn’t do much imo.

I think we’re just gonna have to agree to disagree.
As someone who animates a bit, frame rates are very important.

Normally, though, movies run at good frame rates, so for watchers their not that important.

Just image a movie that runs at 3 frames per-second, and that's basically why they're important. xD

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Simon and Richter get in smash, no Castlevania Requiem port
Sonic entering a contract to make multiple Nintendo exclusive games leading to games like Olympics, Lost World, and Boom.

FFVII on Switch

Upcoming Castlevania Collection.

Two out of five isn’t that bad.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
...but, but Persona 5 S has to mean Persona 5 Switch.

What else would it be, Persona 5 Sing-along?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
yeah tbh

there aren't many animated movies that you just immediately tell which movie it is based of just it's animation. spider-verse is one of those movies.
I just wish the character designs looked more unique. If you took them out of their spider-suits and lost the texturing they would look like they were from every other 3D movie made in the last decade.

D

Deleted member

Oh, and Spiderverse is a fantastic movie, don’t get me wrong, but jeez with the way people describe it you’d think it was the second coming of Jesus. In particular I thought the restriction of time really hurt the alternate spidermen, I don’t think they had enough time to get the audience really invested in them and in the end they weren’t super important anyways.

D

Deleted member

Sonic entering a contract to make multiple Nintendo exclusive games leading to games like Olympics, Lost World, and Boom.

FFVII on Switch

Upcoming Castlevania Collection.

Two out of five isn’t that bad.
That was 4 years after.
That was 3 years after.
True, but the requiem collection that came out only two months after the announcement wasn’t ported.
All I’m saying is people shouldn’t get their hopes super up.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Late, but I did one of those tier lists. Kind of forgot what my own tiers meant halfway into it but it might be a representation of my thoughts

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Oh, and Spiderverse is a fantastic movie, don’t get me wrong, but jeez with the way people describe it you’d think it was the second coming of Jesus. In particular I thought the restriction of time really hurt the alternate spidermen, I don’t think they had enough time to get the audience really invested in them and in the end they weren’t super important anyways.
I do agree with that, honestly

osby

Smash Obsessed
...but, but Persona 5 S has to mean Persona 5 Switch.

What else would it be, Persona 5 Sing-along?
Reminder that Persona 4 Arena's codename was P4U, being Persona 4: The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena in the Japanese version.

ATLUS can and will give unconventional names to their games. Like, who saw the R in P5R being the Royal?

osby

Smash Obsessed
I just wish the character designs looked more unique. If you took them out of their spider-suits and lost the texturing they would look like they were from every other 3D movie made in the last decade.
So, if you remove everything that makes them unique, they wouldn't be unique?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Reminder that Persona 4 Arena's codename was P4U, being Persona 4: The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena in the Japanese version.

ATLUS can and will give unconventional names to their games. Like, who saw the R in P5R being the Royal?
While true, if the S stands for Sing-along...

There’s gonna be disappointment in the streets.

D

Deleted member

My younger cousins said Springtrap and Baby should kiss.

I mean, they are youngins and don't really understand what FNAF is about, as I didn't tell them. I mean, I'm not a bad cousin. lol

But I don't think they realize how messed up that is. lol

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Ok but they made the best possible joke on bitcoin and because of that it gets to be the third coming of Jesus

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
That's how I feel as well. Getting in Smash does not guarantee that a game will be immediately ported to a Nintendo console. For all we know it might take years, they're still working on SMT V after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom