• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Train Your Brain by Smashing! Dr. Kawashima for SSB4! (Deconfirmed, But at Least he's an AT!)

Do you expect Dr. Kawashima to be in the next Smash Bros?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
The only key casual franchises missing a playable character are Brain Age and Nintendog and I think we don't need a playable character from another casual franchise.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
The only key casual franchises missing a playable character are Brain Age and Nintendog and I think we don't need a playable character from another casual franchise.
I agree that it'll probably be Dr. Kawashima if we get someone after the Mii. I just don't see the Nintendog getting in, myself.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I see where you are coming from. Perhaps wheh he get's beat up he'll make toug bulldog sounds whenever you hit Nintendog, so you know Nintendog wants to fight.
I'd still feel bad about hitting a puppy. let's keep him an assist trophy. Honestly, I wouldn't mind Dr. Kawashima being an assist either.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I wouldn't mind Dr. Kawashima being assist trophy either, but I'll get this feeling of wanting to play as the floating head because he's so entertaining. What would Dr. Kawashima do as an AT?

Dr. Flinn

Smash Cadet
Neutral Special- Divide

If Dr. Kawashima just hit an opponent in the recent 5 seconds, they get hit with half the damage they took, as if he was dividing it by 2.

Side Special- Spelling Test

Dr. Kawashima spells the word K-A-W-A-S-H-I-M-A. Each letter does 2%, making a maximum of 16%.

Down Special- Brain Age

Dr. Kawashima will start saying random things in a speech bubble that have to do with Brain Age, and if an opponent attacks him and his Super Armor, they'll get stunned.

Up Special- Levitate
Self-explanatory.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I honestly think that this thread wouldn't be dead all the time if people would just take you seriously, Bluepikmin.

You may have odd interests, but Dr. Kawashima is a strangely possible candidate.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Just learned that he was actually requested during Brawl times. I find it pretty shocking to not find out this information. I have gained quite a bit more confidence in Kawashima being in SSB4.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I've been thinking, do you guys think Sakurai and Ryuta Kawashima have a good relationship with each other to take the concept of a floating head into consideration. I've been reading Iwata Asks on Concentration Training, it might seem they have a really close relationship for Iwata to bring Ryuta into the Smash Bros. studio. I also think Ryuta Kawashima might be well aware of the Super Smash Bros. series and what it is about.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I've been thinking, do you guys think Sakurai and Ryuta Kawashima have a good relationship with each other to take the concept of a floating head into consideration. I've been reading Iwata Asks on Concentration Training, it might seem they have a really close relationship for Iwata to bring Ryuta into the Smash Bros. studio. I also think Ryuta Kawashima might be well aware of the Super Smash Bros. series and what it is about.
That would be pretty awesome since he does fit the Nintendo All Stars theme and Brain Age was a hit during the DS Era. It's pretty interesting to know about their overall relationship and it could explain why Brain Age even existed. If he's OK with the idea of beating people than teaching then, then that's a pretty good sign. A floating head with hands overall would make him stand out among the fighters and be a pretty damn unique one like Villager and Wii Fit Trainer. Besides, this guy does have the potential to be a fighter since he can basically become a demon and make your education a living Hell.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Here's a new question, if Sakurai doesn't find Dr. Kawashima in his normal form feasible because of real-life looks, do you think the next best option is to have his devilish form as playable?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Here's a new question, if Sakurai doesn't find Dr. Kawashima in his normal form feasible because of real-life looks, do you think the next best option is to have his devilish form as playable?
That could be the case since his normal form is basically an Uncanny Valley version of the real Kawashima's face. People could also take him more seriously in that form for showing how evil this doctor can truly be. :evil:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Yeah, I think I see the devilish form as a better alternative than normal Kawashima really. At least for now it doesn't shred Sakurai's rule of looking photo-realistic, but the polygonal look really prevents him getting a realistic problem as they keep his polygonal look in Concentration Training, possibly in future Brain Age titles.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I might add an arguement section on the OP soon.. after collecting information from Rate Their Chances.
I'm going to do the originated from game arguement obviously, which others should I pull out.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I might add an arguement section on the OP soon.. after collecting information from Rate Their Chances.
I'm going to do the originated from game arguement obviously, which others should I pull out.
Let me just list the possible issues.

Is a real person (This is definitely the biggest issue.)
Too much competition.
From a casual franchise
No moveset potential
Difficult to program (may be true, but it wouldn't be impossible by any means)
Not originated from game like you said (note: this was never stated by Sakurai as part of his criteria if I'm right. I've yet to see a source)
Lack of requests.

I think that's all of them, in no particular order.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Just a big steal in a Toys R Us, looks like there's a clearance of Brain Concentration Training, selling it at $9.98. Perhaps the luckiest day in my life. I'll go update the OP with more arguments soon, I may be too busy at the moment.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Just a big steal in a Toys R Us, looks like there's a clearance of Brain Concentration Training, selling it at $9.98. Perhaps the luckiest day in my life. I'll go update the OP with more arguments soon, I may be too busy at the moment.
You should make a fleshed out moveset. All you have to do? Examine everything. I know that there are more possible moves than just numbers after watching a partial playthrough of it, so make a masterpiece soon, eh?

Fortanono

Smash Ace
Eh, I'd prefer Kawashima as a boss. If there are specific Adventure Mode bosses for different characters, I think Kawashima could be WFT's boss. I think I'll make a boss moveset for Kawashima later.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I don't he should be depicted as a boss as he isn't the size of Andross.
Most people when people look at Kawashima, it reminds them of Andross, leaving them to quickly prefer them as a boss or AT. But I think there's lots of open enjoyable potential as a character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom