• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top Players & Videos by Character

Status
Not open for further replies.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Play against Ally and then say things. He makes some of the smartest decisions and some of the fastest adaptions I've ever seen as a player. Don't just take my word for it, though. Ask Oro and Zinoto, who are also on this list.

Also why is Oracle on the GnW list and not on the Lucas list?

Speaking of the GnW list. Why is Para still on here? Why list Meta and leave off some of the many other GnW players that do well in areas. If anything, only Dakpo should be on this list for GnW since he's the only person to have won anything with him.

Finally, you should put Anther on for Pikachu.
YOU DO REALIZE I DON'T KNOW EVERYTHING :(

I update this list from what people say here and occasionally from videos I see floating around. I'm still pretty new to the community and I don't have time to watch every video footage out there, so don't nail me to a wall if I'm missing a few things here. I've also never seen Oracle's Lucas before. Some footage would be nice, from Anther too. I put Meta there because others confirmed that he really did have a good Game & Watch and I believed them.

Oh and I just put Paradoxium there just to humor him. No other real reason lol.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Oracle should certainly be on lucas, dunno about anther.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
After the events of Big House 3, I will update the list:
Rat: Wolf
PikaChad: Mario, ZSS
M2K: Sheik
SFAT: Fox and Falco

I missed Day 1, so if anyone sees anyone who needs to be on this list, comment please.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
I don't really believe Pikachad ZSS to be there all the way... He only used it once against a matchup heavily in ZSS' favor. The second game after Kirk adjusted to his style speaks volumes.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
chad's zss shouldn't be there
his mario should be
Sure thing.

Zwarm: Squirtle

Imo :)

I hope I changed some peoples minds about Squirtle this weekend at TBH3
I missed Day one stream of BH3 and I haven't had a chance to look back in the archives. If you have any footage of your squirtle in BH3 that you'd like to show me, go ahead.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I only played one game on the secondary stream day 2, but I played a few matches on recording setups, if I can find those, I'll post them here

D

Deleted member

every time i see SB's wario in a video my balls hide into my torso for protection.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
every time i see SB's wario in a video my balls hide into my torso for protection.
so did m2k
went to the ledge the whole time and let hbox fight both me and vanz
he wasn't gonna have any of that LMAO

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
http://www.twitch.tv/umsmash/b/469879879 Starts around 37:40. Not my best set since
it's me getting knocked out of the tournament :urg:
but its a set nonetheless. Swords are a tough MU, but I hope this shows enough of me for the time being until other sets get uploaded. Yolo Squirtle best Squirtle.
That's still pretty good. Since this isn't your best set, I hope you keep me updated on your other matches. For now, I'll put you up here since we're lacking in Squirtle reps anyway.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Appreciated :)

And yeah, I'll post more once I have more TBH3 footage, all I have besides that is friendlies.

Also I think cmart should be on the list for Squirtle, even though he mains Bowser. From what I saw, his Squirtle is really good.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Appreciated :)

And yeah, I'll post more once I have more TBH3 footage, all I have besides that is friendlies.

Also I think cmart should be on the list for Squirtle, even though he mains Bowser. From what I saw, his Squirtle is really good.
I generally won't put people on if they don't have footage.

Scythe

Smash Master
in case there was ever any doubt about the greatness that is arty
http://www.twitch.tv/umsmash/b/469578532 at around 1:54:00 mark is his set vs sfat
as a bonus you guys can see me being quite jovial(I like how vro put it)
also i should mention that vro calls it the arty tornado, i'd just like to clarify that that is completely wrong
ITS THE ARTY VORTEX

Rizner

Smash Ace
I generally won't put people on if they don't have footage.

How would someone who doesn't have a recording setup get on there? I think two of my matches from tbh3 were recorded, but one I get wrecked by kirk, and the other was when I lost to an ivy, lol (also I don't know where to find these - vs Kirk was on stream and other I think was the same setup that had roy/mewtwo build at the end of day 2 -- anyone have a link to those channels?). I don't think any of my wins were recorded, unfortunately.

As a disclaimer, I'd like to be recognized as a solid/top level Zelda but to be honest I'm lacking in some matchups and am not really sure how well other Zelda mains play in tournaments. Haven't played against any of the others named in page 1, but I'd like to. All I really have (aside from old results when I lived in AZ) are two 17th place finishes -- at Nerd Rage and also TBH3, but hopefully will travel to more tournaments in the near future.

Edit: wow, I drifted a ton with that. I guess what I was trying to ask is -- without footage, how well does someone have to do in tournaments to get recognition on these lists?

Oro?!

Smash Hero
It's a lot harder to judge. I don't even like judging by videos to be perfectly honest. The only way to access how you stack up against another person is with controllers in your hands at a CRT. Word of mouth, Tournament placings, beating big names would all likely be alternate acceptable forms to determine player strength.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
It's a lot harder to judge. I don't even like judging by videos to be perfectly honest. The only way to access how you stack up against another person is with controllers in your hands at a CRT. Word of mouth, Tournament placings, beating big names would all likely be alternate acceptable forms to determine player strength.
Pretty much this. Like, if someone managed to beat Oro or Strong Bad in a PM set, I would put them on this list in a heartbeat.

Rizner

Smash Ace
Pretty much this. Like, if someone managed to beat Oro or Strong Bad in a PM set, I would put them on this list in a heartbeat.
But where's the line on this? If I beat some people on the list but lost to others, is that good enough? Or do I have to beat the best of them to make it? What if I trade sets with people, or just go to game 3 with a close set?

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
But where's the line on this? If I beat some people on the list but lost to others, is that good enough? Or do I have to beat the best of them to make it? What if I trade sets with people, or just go to game 3 with a close set?
If you're good enough to trade stocks evenly with a well-known player, that's enough to make the list. Remember that this thread is also follow players who are currently evolving or close to mastering each character's metagame. Using that logic, I may remove Wizzrobe from the Sonic list should he continue to not main him.

in case there was ever any doubt about the greatness that is arty
http://www.twitch.tv/umsmash/b/469578532 at around 1:54:00 mark is his set vs sfat
as a bonus you guys can see me being quite jovial(I like how vro put it)
also i should mention that vro calls it the arty tornado, i'd just like to clarify that that is completely wrong
ITS THE ARTY VORTEX
Holy ****.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
I am 100% sure I am the best Game and Watch
and 100% sure I need to be on that Charizard list (maybe not the best tho)

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Vids for G^W plz, cause Dakpo has been the leading candidate for awhile now by far

stingers

Smash Obsessed
nc doesnt record.
the only sexy thing dakpo has ever done was that sexy ass dair to footstool to dair to usmash. which was sexy. but not good enuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom