• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top Players & Videos by Character

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Not impressed over you being unimpressed

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i invented dair footstool dair stuff with every char

**** you dakpo

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I thought that was Reflex who did Dair Footstool Dair

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i mean u can have a factual list with me as the #1 gaw, or u can have a biased list with some pretty boy who lives in a state with recording technology.
but i digress.
but not really.
fix that **** please tc, tyvm

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Facts tend to be based on things that are real and observable

metroid1117

Smash Master
Stingers, do you still go to tournies? I used to look forward to watching your Charizard back in the days of 2.1, but it seemed like you dropped off the map =/.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Stingers, do you still go to tournies? I used to look forward to watching your Charizard back in the days of 2.1, but it seemed like you dropped off the map =/.
nc has a dearth of them. sad to say
I attend when I can, but its been awhile.
keep it real for me, metroid

Rizner

Smash Ace
If you're good enough to trade stocks evenly with a well-known player, that's enough to make the list. Remember that this thread is also follow players who are currently evolving or close to mastering each character's metagame. Using that logic, I may remove Wizzrobe from the Sonic list should he continue to not main him.

Holy ****.
So if I'm l ooking to make the list, should I post every player who I've done well against that's knowninstead of overall tournament placing?

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
So if I'm l ooking to make the list, should I post every player who I've done well against that's knowninstead of overall tournament placing?
No, both would be optimal. I'm only saying that people can make the list either way if they lack one over the other. Generally I always prefer both.

Rizner

Smash Ace
No, both would be optimal. I'm only saying that people can make the list either way if they lack one over the other. Generally I always prefer both.
Ah, ok. Well I guess I'll post where I'm at - two recent tournaments, nerd rage and the big house 3. 17th out of 49 at nerd rage, 17th out of 90 at tbh3 (same place as players such as metroid, heysuess, jceasaer).
For people I've played, at nerd rage I went against dope in pools and bracket. I beat him in the pools set, but he beat me in bracket. I also played dsf in bracket, won game one, lost a close game two, then lost pretty badly in game 3. I also played rat and lost 0-2 in pools, and don't remember how close the matches were but don't remember them being too bad. At tbh3 I lost chillingly to Kirk in pools, but p played against heysuess and burnsey in money matches where the sets were both close at the end of game 3. I also lost to scythe in bracket. I think that's all the players on the list who I've gone against recently.

What are your thoughts on where I'm at - good enough for the list, close to it or still a far ways off?

Oracle

Smash Master
Lol stingers dakpo has won like five tournaments in a stacked ass region and youre just like 'yo I promise im better than this guy trust me'

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Ah, ok. Well I guess I'll post where I'm at - two recent tournaments, nerd rage and the big house 3. 17th out of 49 at nerd rage, 17th out of 90 at tbh3 (same place as players such as metroid, heysuess, jceasaer).
For people I've played, at nerd rage I went against dope in pools and bracket. I beat him in the pools set, but he beat me in bracket. I also played dsf in bracket, won game one, lost a close game two, then lost pretty badly in game 3. I also played rat and lost 0-2 in pools, and don't remember how close the matches were but don't remember them being too bad. At tbh3 I lost chillingly to Kirk in pools, but p played against heysuess and burnsey in money matches where the sets were both close at the end of game 3. I also lost to scythe in bracket. I think that's all the players on the list who I've gone against recently.

What are your thoughts on where I'm at - good enough for the list, close to it or still a far ways off?
Depends. What's your character lmao

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Oh, right. I use Zelda.
I'll put you in for now. Especially since the Zelda metagame is still "sort of" under development, more Zelda representatives would be good to put on here. Say, you mained Fox or Wolf, I wouldn't put you on here because more players on this list would have placed better than you. That's kind of how it works for now. I hope I can see actual footage from you later on though.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
but there's nothing really difficult about hitting a button that doesn't do anything but footstool when you're above someone. like if anything it's a good OS for when you're above someone because there's no disadvantage to trying it when you're up there anyway and already in a disadvantageous position

like I was with vro when he mentioned that, footstooling in its current form is too janky

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
Why not just have a list of videos/information/players that are worth watching/reading/following regarding the given characters?
Like a 'best with each character' thread but actually of value.
You know, useful stuff instead of not is usually useful.

Edit: Dakpo loves Bacon too much to have a flushed out dynamics with the character (lol I had to call it out Dakypoo), Oro spams Nair too much and repeats play in a fortress fassion without dynamics (lol you know what I'm talking about, btw this happened with both Roy AND ZSS releasing-initial-streams, you scrubs [Seth too]), and SB plays every character as linearly as if he should be playing DK (you know they know it when it hits a nerve and others agree in a thread about it immediately after, learn to accept strangers pointing things out about your play, forum-critique-nub), and likely everyone else on these lists hasn't even tapped into the dynamics of the game with the given characters in any form that would be worth mentioning in 1 year from now, let alone when the meta-game even has something stable at ALL.
*unnecessary yet accurate and partially warranted shots taken

If you're looking to make a thread about something on the fore-front of the game in development, list crap and make crap accessible to the community, if that's what a thread is going to be able. Regardless of whether they're in the top w/e of the list of players using the character or not.
*I like useful stuff, and this thread is nearly useless

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
You can't have side bets so large that they shame the original money on the line son, god damn trying to nuke MM's from above

stingers

Smash Obsessed
well theres no chance in hell im going to low tier city 2
and im a poor man you see. 20 is alot for me, counting in travel costs food hotel etc already.

i gave u my terms, u can take it or leave it

Dakpo

Smash Lord
well theres no chance in hell im going to low tier city 2
and im a poor man you see. 20 is alot for me, counting in travel costs food hotel etc already.

i gave u my terms, u can take it or leave it
Im not going to apex, so I guess our results will have to show our standings

D

Deleted member

So off topic
I don't have much video proof as of right now besides some highlights and only one solid tournament placing but I hope to prove myself as a really good toonlink in the next few months :colorful:

Blondie.

Smash Journeyman
You need to add Abstract Logic to Diddy Kong. He is definitely a better Diddy than any one else on that list, and I can say that confidently. I've been to multiple national P:M tournaments and have never seen a Diddy as good as his. He needs some more work as a player overall (Vro and Disqo are probably better competitors overall than he is), but he is definitely leading the Diddy metagame right now.

He doesn't have too many videos, but he recently placed 9th at WHOBO 5. Although he lost to me, he gave me a serious run for my money and made me work my butt off for the win.

Here's our match - http://youtu.be/i3r_b2seabg?t=3m17s

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
You need to add Abstract Logic to Diddy Kong. He is definitely a better Diddy than any one else on that list, and I can say that confidently. I've been to multiple national P:M tournaments and have never seen a Diddy as good as his. He needs some more work as a player overall (Vro and Disqo are probably better competitors overall than he is), but he is definitely leading the Diddy metagame right now.

He doesn't have too many videos, but he recently placed 9th at WHOBO 5. Although he lost to me, he gave me a serious run for my money and made me work my butt off for the win.

Here's our match - http://youtu.be/i3r_b2seabg?t=3m17s
I've actually been looking for some nice Diddy footage. Diddy is almost never discussed on these boards, so thanks.

I'll update this a bit later as right now I'm a bit busy right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom