• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top Players & Videos by Character

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paradoxium

Smash Master
to be fair i've been playing for a very, very long time. at various points, i've been considered the best zelda, best mewtwo, 2nd best ness, and 2nd best roy players. these are fairly obscure characters that still suck in tournament though. you can make jabs or try to make me sound silly, but those things still happened, however long ago.

i'm only making the claim that i'm the best at sheik and marth that i've seen so far for this game. that can change at pretty much any time.
Aye mang I'm steel waitin fo dat 1v1 doe. Playin against da best smash playa in history is real talk dawg, dis ****e about tuh go douwin.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
to be fair i've been playing for a very, very long time. at various points, i've been considered the best zelda, best mewtwo, 2nd best ness, and 2nd best roy players. these are fairly obscure characters that still suck in tournament though. you can make jabs or try to make me sound silly, but those things still happened, however long ago.

i'm only making the claim that i'm the best at sheik and marth that i've seen so far for this game. that can change at pretty much any time.
LOL It was only a friendly jab, just because you always speak pretty highly of yourself but I've literally NEVER seen any footage of you playing and the general vibe I've got from the PM community (I could be wrong though) is that a lot of people haven't.
I remember you saying that you were looking to attend Xanadu or some event where JCaesar would be it...so I am looking forward to seeing you at one of these events or smashfests :)

D

Deleted member

hm, i never really mean to give off that impression, i just try to be honest and straight with people.

regardless, i've stated before that i go into a lot of match-ups from the brawl cast pretty blind since they've been reworked. going against something like your snake or the better wario/ZSS/whatever players is going to carry the whole novelty factor to some degree no matter what simply because there's so little exposure to them across the community at large. maybe the same could be said for something like the new sheik as well? I definitely get tons of free wins with that char just because my opponents "correctly" DI her downthrow away and get killed for it. anyway, the lack of exposure between players of top characters with each other and the novelty effect that goes with it makes it too early to decide who's the best at each character. at first i thought this thread was just for funsies or whatever but apparently it's a pretty serious pride thing? idk.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
hm, i never really mean to give off that impression, i just try to be honest and straight with people.

regardless, i've stated before that i go into a lot of match-ups from the brawl cast pretty blind since they've been reworked. going against something like your snake or the better wario/ZSS/whatever players is going to carry the whole novelty factor to some degree no matter what simply because there's so little exposure to them across the community at large. maybe the same could be said for something like the new sheik as well? I definitely get tons of free wins with that char just because my opponents "correctly" DI her downthrow away and get killed for it. anyway, the lack of exposure between players of top characters with each other and the novelty effect that goes with it makes it too early to decide who's the best at each character. at first i thought this thread was just for funsies or whatever but apparently it's a pretty serious pride thing? idk.
...Your post seems like it was answering a point I wasn't really making lol. :confused: I'm pretty sure nearly everyone is inexperienced in the majority of MU's.
I don't really care to be honest about watching you play to decide whether you are going to be on this page or not, I just genuinely want to see what you are like since I have no idea.

I am like that with everyone who is actively involved with the PM scene.

Vashimus

Smash Master
...Your post seems like it was answering a point I wasn't really making lol. :confused: I'm pretty sure nearly everyone is inexperienced in the majority of MU's.
I don't really care to be honest about watching you play to decide whether you are going to be on this page or not, I just genuinely want to see what you are like since I have no idea.

I am like that with everyone who is actively involved with the PM scene.

D

Deleted member

jordan your link is exciting because of all the jank that you do when you're drunk.

that's a good thing. rock on lol

Oracle

Smash Master
>sethlon has only placed below 1st at a single pm tournament in his life, out of 20+, where he got 4th out of 64.
>umbreon has entered 1 pm tournament ever where he got dead last
>'yeah we're about the same skill level'
#umbreonlogic

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I just realized that smashboards got back up today, so give me a sec and I'll update everything.

IN RECENT NEWS:
-boss went from "weird dude who plays luigi in brawl" to "weird dude who also plays diddy kong in PM"
But not as the weird guy who plays a dirty Dr. Mario?

I've been subscribed to the AZ channel for some time now; don't worry I got you.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I'm like the 4th best Toon Link on that list.

By default. Where the **** are the Tink mains at.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Be cautious when adding players for GnW, he's a low skill character in the sense that anyone can pick him up and perform very well.

Be cautious when adding players for GnW, he's a low skill character in the sense that anyone can pick him up and perform very well.

ShuFFroom

Smash Rookie
Well my apologies for my previous statement, I wasn't aware few would take as an insult or challenge. I will continue to believe that GnW is low skill but that is my opinion, which I am entitled to keep. You may ignore my previous comment.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Keeping an incorrect opinion is fine, but I guess since I responded with a GIF and Ryker had to come in belligerently, I'll clarify.

Mr. Game and Watch is a pretty solid character overall with some pretty okay strengths. The general consensus has been for a long time that he is bad more likely than it has been that he has been good. He's a character that has apparently warranted buffs in just about every iteration he's continued in at every release date, so evidence seems to support this opinion.

As for Game and Watch players that see "great success", you've got a whopping total of... one, in Dakpo (as a solo-main and the only one to win a tournament with Solo Game and Watch.). Oracle is a high level Game and Watch player, but at this point is probably a lot more notable for his Lucas and Eli who is multifaceted, but is also loads more notable for his Donkey Kong. A step down from that, you have myself, Nahpro (Nap), Calvo, darkm3troid, Meiling (and probably more) who place pretty well , but generally inside of the top-8 but outside of the top-3 in our respective areas. His matchup spread is not very good (with maybe no winning matchups around the top level of the metagame, but a fair amount of close ones) and he has a fair amount of problems that are only further emphasized with the strengths of other characters.

It takes a lot of work to be good with this character as with just about any character in the game, so yes, people are going to take offense when you offer your opinion.

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
While I don't agree at all with what he said about GnW being low skill, he not only presented his opinion in a mature way, but also apologized if it caused any offense, etc.
It'd be better to handle discussions like this in a mature manner and not get touchy. That kind of thing could potentially alienate new/interested players from the community.

ShuFFroom

Smash Rookie
Well apparently an apology isn't enough to deter you people so I will remove the statement. And yes it was a stupid, arrogant comment. Requesting my opinion to be taken into account for a decision is unwise. Opinion based decisions are never wise. Once again I apologize.

Paradoxium

Smash Master
Game and watch takes skill, take me for example. I didn't get on that list becaused I begged for it or anything, I got on that list due to hard work, determination, devotion, and an extraordinary amount of skill.
Arrogance is a bliss my friend

Scythe

Smash Master
I think saying gnw takes less skill was the wrong way to put it. Gnw is mostly just putting out excellent hitboxes for people to run into and underestimate how long they are out. He just doesn't have too many hard to do character specific ATs aside from dacus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom