• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top Players & Videos by Character

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dakpo

Smash Lord
The only thing I do with my controls is map up-taunt to X. The way I DACUS is very unorthodox and I only know of two players other than myself who do it. I use my right thumb to press down on the C-Stick, my left thumb to press up on the Control Stick, and my right index finger to press A. I can DACUS even with the 4-framers (Wolf, G&W, Marth) with over 90% consistency when I'm playing well with this method. Just earlier I combo'd a tipper Fair into DACUS tipper with Marth.
That how I do it :_)

D

Deleted member

i still have the best marth and sheik i've seen so far. i'll change my opinion when i see a better player at either character.

damn @ SB wario. i know i wouldn't want to play against that and i felt pretty comfortable against reflex. mad aggressive.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Is there a different way to DACUS if you don't reassign a shoulder button? This is how I've been learning it just because I'm not gonna handicap myself by using the grab button and I couldn't think of any other way to do it.
Nap (my roommate last year) was trying to figure something out, but it doesn't seem like there's any other way to DACUS consistently with G&W/Marth/Wolf/etc. unless you either claw or map A to R. Either that, or Nap and I are bad at other DACUS methods.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
And soon, when Im able to be free from this desert, I SHALL TAKE THE GANON SPOT (jk, but a boy can dream... Snif)

D

Deleted member

Your Sheik is better than Vanz or Fly, Umbreon?

solidly, yes.

as for marth, i agree with juushichi that i'm much closer with sethlon in terms of a skill gap. sethlon has some bad habits in his play, but i do too for probably the same reasons.

this is based on my own observations and the level of play from LTC. please understand that i have the highest regards for sethlon, fly amanita, and vanz as players and i'm pretty sure all of them would spank me at melee. i just want to convey my point of view with sincerity, and i have an excellent reputation for calling talent to back it. i also understand that someone may come along at any point that is better than me, i just haven't seen it yet.

D

Deleted member

you should go play at tournaments

i had a lot of personal stuff go down over the summer so i kinda threw myself into working 80+ hours a week. with the semester coming up, i should be able to go back down to the legion fests and other stuff in that area. JC's crew is pretty sweet all around.

sheik is soooo good in this game lol

Paradoxium

Smash Master
i still have the best marth and sheik i've seen so far. i'll change my opinion when i see a better player at either character.

damn @ SB wario. i know i wouldn't want to play against that and i felt pretty comfortable against reflex. mad aggressive.
Challenge accepted, Marth mirror 1v1 anytime.
Where do you live?

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
We should dedicate one weekend where we all go to Umbreon's house and challenge him in Marth and Sheik dittos.

D

Deleted member

that would be awesome, i love those matches lol

i live in pennsylvania for the time being.

and yeah i'll play whoever. fun times. i don't think anyone around here even plays, i basically have to go down to DC or baltimore to play anyone.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
smash @ xanadu has chillindude playing wolf right now, he's guaranteed top 3. he's stayin up there

Paradoxium

Smash Master
There isn't really a scene in Korea so I'm on my own.
Dude Korea is like the Starcraft capital! You should be training for that ****.

But I feel your pain, not having many human players to play against really sucks.
You could try wifi, and just try to ignore the frame delay.

Rarik

Smash Journeyman
Nah man, he's gotta become to best smash player ever so he can continue the trend of Korea being the best at everything they decide to play.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
solidly, yes.

as for marth, i agree with juushichi that i'm much closer with sethlon in terms of a skill gap. sethlon has some bad habits in his play, but i do too for probably the same reasons.

this is based on my own observations and the level of play from LTC. please understand that i have the highest regards for sethlon, fly amanita, and vanz as players and i'm pretty sure all of them would spank me at melee. i just want to convey my point of view with sincerity, and i have an excellent reputation for calling talent to back it. i also understand that someone may come along at any point that is better than me, i just haven't seen it yet.
Sethlon used to play a mean Roy in Melee: a lot of the Dtilting and other setups are with that flavor in mind. It makes a lot more sense once someone knows that about him.

D

Deleted member

Sethlon used to play a mean Roy in Melee: a lot of the Dtilting and other setups are with that flavor in mind. It makes a lot more sense once someone knows that about him.

trust me when i tell you that i have a lot more background information than you think i do lol

i was also one of the best melee roy players

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
More people should play Link. Not enough x.x.

heysuess

Smash Cadet
Add me to DDD?

Here's a video of me playing Calabrel at Project AZ. An AZ tourney back in June.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBVshQf6gsU&feature=player_detailpage&t=260

I lost to Falcoty (2-1) and to Taj (2-1) I ended up placing 4th.

Set with Taj at Project AZ tourney

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQv6JmwkDEA

The next AZ PM tourney I lost to Silly Kyle and Axe, placing 5th.

At Low Tier City I placed 9th, I lost to Reflex and DMG in bracket and to Fly in pools. I did 2-0 Oracle though.

Here's some friendlies I did with Calabrel this weekend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZfCdUvtl-4

There are more videos yet to be uploaded. I also played his Ness and Lucas. I also played some games with Mizuki. She went Pit.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yeah I can vouch for this man, very good D3. Top 3 with the character from what I have seen.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Hey watch it now

He said ONE OF the best Roy's, not "the" best

D

Deleted member

Best Roy, Best Marth, Best Sheik, the list keeps on growing lol....

to be fair i've been playing for a very, very long time. at various points, i've been considered the best zelda, best mewtwo, 2nd best ness, and 2nd best roy players. these are fairly obscure characters that still suck in tournament though. you can make jabs or try to make me sound silly, but those things still happened, however long ago.

i'm only making the claim that i'm the best at sheik and marth that i've seen so far for this game. that can change at pretty much any time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom