• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top 5 Most Wanted and Least Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Wow 3 games impressed.Especcailly since most of his mostset is giving to peach.So all we have is captain toad to go off and welll
To be fair, there are a lot of characters that are only in a few games that have a good shot. I mean, look at Shulk. And hell, Robin and Lucina made it.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Wow 3 games impressed.Especcailly since most of his mostset is giving to peach.So all we have is captain toad to go off and welll
Forgot New Super Mario Bros Wii and U so 5 games (still more than rosalina)
Other then the vegetables how is most of his moveset going to peach?
He has tons of moveset potential using power ups like the proppeller suit, cat suit, flying squirrel suit etc as well as stuff from mario spin offs like kart and party

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
To be fair, there are a lot of characters that are only in a few games that have a good shot. I mean, look at Shulk. And hell, Robin and Lucina made it.
True but Robin and shulk.There's games are longer and there move set is very easy to make just by looking at them.Espeically coming from games were you can do so many things and set them up.
Forgot New Super Mario Bros Wii and U so 5 games (still more than rosalina)
Other then the vegetables how is most of his moveset going to peach?
He has tons of moveset potential using power ups like the proppeller suit, cat suit, flying squirrel suit etc as well as stuff from mario spin offs like kart and party
They he would be a gimmick character.Were all of his moves would be power up based.I just don't wanna see toad end up like that.Please if you ask me it would be a waste of a spot 6 mario characters?Really do you need that much.Donkey kong and Metroid doesn't even have 3.Hell F-zero and yoshi have been in since the beginning and they don't have a new rep.Black shadow or kamek would be way better than toad.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
True but Robin and shulk.There's games are longer and there move set is very easy to make just by looking at them.Espeically coming from games were you can do so many things and set them up.

They he would be a gimmick character.Were all of his moves would be power up based.I just don't wanna see toad end up like that.Please if you ask me it would be a waste of a spot 6 mario characters?Really do you need that much.Donkey kong and Metroid doesn't even have 3.Hell F-zero and yoshi have been in since the beginning and they don't have a new rep.Black shadow or kamek would be way better than toad.
Yoshi is just an extension of mario, same with wario, they don't need more reps

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Yoshi is just an extension of mario, same with wario, they don't need more reps
I would agree with yoshi however i count wario as his own franchise Wario Ware is pouplar enough to be counted as a seperate franchise.I do however think wario doesn't need a rep as of now maybe smash 5 but for now just wario is good

Ridles the Space Pirate

Smash Journeyman
- Most Wanted -
1. Ridley - My avatar, signature, and username should make this choice self-explanatory. I like Ridley, and Metroid needs reps, and more villains are needed in smash.

2. K. Rool - Same Reasons as Ridley.

3. Bandanna Dee - He is so cute. and a spear wielding fighter would be a welcome addition.

4. Ray 01 - Custom Robo for the GCN was one of my favorite games growing up. And with the custom move sets being added, now's the best time to throw my robocube into the battle.

5. Anthony Higgs - What's that? Another Metroid rep? this guy serious? yes I am. Do I think Metroid will get two more reps in one game, no. But if it were going to happen, Samus needs a sidekick to fight Ridley(see above) and who better to help her than the Mysterious Black Dude himself? He already has the meme potential to rival the Captain, so why not? Plus his freeze weapons could make a cool gameplay mechanic.

- Least Wanted -

1. Goku - GAAAAAAHHHH!!! Every time I see a request for this shmuck I wanna tear all of my hair out. I don't understand how he has such a following to be in smash.

2. Minecraft Steve - ugh, I enjoy playing minecraft, but this is a disgusting character request for smash. Every time I see him requested I can feel the stomach acid climbing up my throat, and that **** burns.

3. Sora (kingdom Hearts) - I'm just not a fan of his character or his games.

4. Naruto - I'll admit it, I watched Naruto when it first came out in the US, but I still don't get why people think he should be in smash.

5. Chorus kids - I just want to watch that stupid "leak" burn to the ground. If Rhythm Heaven needs to have a rep, let it be the Rhythm girl or Marshal or someone else.

LaughingLuigi

Smash Apprentice
~Wanted Characters~
1. King K. Rool - He would have such a unique moveset and DK needs more reps who are not monkeys/apes.

2. Ridley - Ridley is one of my favorite Nintendo characters, and he has moveset potential. He also needs to be playable so the "Ridley is too big" argument would die.

3. Paper Mario - Paper Mario is one of my favorite franchises, and Paper Mario has infinite moveset potential.

4. Ghirahim - I'm not a Zelda fan, but he looks very cool and has moveset potential.

5. Geno - Even though he's unlikely, I still want him a lot. Super Mario RPG is one of my favorite games, and Geno was my favorite character in Super Mario RPG. He would also have an awesome moveset.

~Least Wanted~
5. Daisy - He's annoying with barley any moveset potential.

4. Goku - I don't even need to explain this one.

3. Any real life human.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Most Wanted:

- Ridley: One of my favorite villains of video games, probably one of the characters with the best move set potential that hasn't appear as playable character in Smash.

King K. Rool: The King should be back and the best way to announce will be as playable character in Smash with All-Stars from Nintendo.

- Shulk: A cult classic by now, with a next installment that could blow up minds when is released and become one of the highest and most profiting series that Nintendo could get in the recent years.

- Isaac: You can say whatever but Isaac should be first before Robin, now the competition will be harder for him to become a playable character.

- Travis Touchdown: A pipe dream, but seriously his games are highly unrated and has so much personality with a moveset between a Samurai and Mexican Wrestling style and we cannot forget potential assist trophies with many characters to choose (Shinobu) and great locations for a stage (Deserts, Baseball Stadium, A Movie Production Place, etc.).

Least Wanted:

- 3rd Party that haven´t originated from videogames.

.n_n.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Most Wanted

1. Mewtwo
2. Black Shadow
3. Geno
4. Impa
5. Giygas

Least Wanted

1. ROB
2. Mii's
3. WFT
4-5. Toad/ Captain Toad, Bandana Dee, Dixie Kong, Bowser Jr., Chorus Men/ RH rep, Chibi Robo, Snake

Last edited:

RankoChan

Smash Apprentice
Most Wanted:

Lip -
Panel de Pon is one of my favorite Nintendo series and I have many fond memories of my siblings and I crowding in front of the SNES whenever we stayed over at are grandmothers as kids. Hands down, Tetris Attack was the no. 1 game we would always play. It wasn't until my early teen years when I found out about the series original theme thanks to Nintendo Puzzle Collection's impending release for the gamecube (I'm still really bummed the localization got canned) and really digged the fairy characters and their cute designs. I'd love to see Lip playable to not only offer a unique playstyle, but to also represent the puzzle genre in general and get the Panel de Pon series the recognition it deserves.

Dixie Kong -
Donkey Kong Country 2 another game we'd play often as kids on our grandmother's SNES and I always preferred Dixie over Diddy in the game (her hover was really broken...) Ideally I'd like to see K. Rool playable as well to complete the classic DKC lineup (sorry Kiddy, no one likes you).

Any classic NES/FDS/GB character -
Duck Hunt Dog, Bubbles, Mach Rider, Excitebiker, Muddy Mole, Mike Jones, Takamaru, Prince of Sable, etc. The NES era defined Nintendo as a company and is chockfull of awesome characters and series that were a huge part of many Nintendo fan's childhoods. I really wish there was more playable retros in Smash; these characters deserve it and ooze of creativity that's ripe for the picking.

Least Wanted:

Non-video game 3rd parties -
I'm echoing most people here on this; Not a fan of 3rd parties in Smash Bros to begin with and this would really push it.

3rd party overrepresentation -
I understand that 3rd parties are important because they draw in new fans for Smash, but I'd prefer if they don't push it with excessive 3rd party playables or multiple playables from the same 3rd party series. Especially when there's still many beloved Nintendo series that lack a playable character yet.

Excessive amounts of playable Pokemon -
I was a fan of the series growing up but IMO the franchise went into a quanity > quality direction over the years. After G/S/C, instead of innovating and refining the core mechanics and existing Pokemon they simply dump another 100+ Pokemon per game while adding a few new gimmick features and removing most of the previous game's gimmick features. Rinse and repeat. There's now 700+ Pokemon, some that became popular, others that were one-hit-wonders, others that became memes, and so on. But are any of them, outside of the mascots, iconic to Nintendo? I'm always surprised to see almost every Pokemon (maybe every?) has its own fans/fanbase and the Pokemon franchise still standing strong. I myself may not like what the series has become, but that's simply my opinion.

Last edited:

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
Of course I have a lot of people I want that have practically no shot of getting in like Goku and Luffy so I'll do my realistic top 5.

Top 5 Most Wanted.

1. :mewtwopm: He deserves to be back, and was only cut because of time constraints. He has a unique moveset and is my favorite character in Smash.

2. King K Rool- Donkey Kong deserves another rep, and it needs to be K Rool. He is to DK what Mario is to Bowser. He needs to be and should be in.

3. Paper Mario- Paper Mario is not a clone of Mario. He has a different moveset, and since he just got a stage I'm hoping that he will be in.

4. Isaac- He was an assist trophy, and while I never played Golden Sun he looks like a cool character.

5. Shulk- Again I never player Xenoblade, but he looks like a cool character.

Top 5 Least Wanted. I really wouldn't mind anyone in Smash but these interest me the least.

1. Dark Pit- This only applies if he is a clone.
2. Rythmn Heaven Rep- I never played it, but I don't really like any of the characters suggested.
3. Tails- I just really don't like Tails that much
4. Bandana Dee- I might like him but it depends on his moveset.
5. Anthony Higgs - just no

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
It's really hard for me to pick my top 5 most wanted newcomers because I do want so many to be in the game, and there are so few I actually actively don't want to see, as I'm OK with just about any character joining the frey! But here goes nothing, even if my top 5 are rather predictable, they are who I'd love to see.

Top 5 Most-Wanted:

5. Shulk/Ghirahim - I'm cheating technically because I do wanna see both of these characters on the roster and couldn't stand to not really include one or the other, so why not both. Shulk represents Xenoblade and everything that comes with the franchise, and could easily be on of the most unique sword wielders depending on how he would be implemented in Smash. Xenoblade definitely feels like an obvious pick for a new series to be represented. As for Ghirahim we haven't technically had a real Zelda newcomer since Melee since Toon Link is basically standing in for Young Link, and he would be the first true newcomer. He is yet another villain and an interestingly designed one to, who could be just as interesting in Smash.

4. Issac - Another new series representative that has a lot of potential. His thread has already talked enough about that, so I don't really need to say much, but another mage like character is always great for Smash I think and he has just as much potential to be unique as Robin.

3. Mewtwo - I loved him in Melee even if he was one of the weaker characters overall, he had such an interesting move-set, and he still has a ton of potential with some possible buffs and maybe a couple of move changes he could easily become one of the best characters in the game. Regardless I'll always love him for nostalgic purposes and will want to see his inclusion always in the Smash games.

2. King K. Rool - Like Metroid, Donkey Kong deserves another rep, and the most unique one I think would easily be K. Rool. Another character that has had his praises sung in his own thread time and time again. The potential for a unique moveset, and as another heavyweight villain that fits in perfectly, King K. Rool is one of those characters that would send my hype for Smash 4 over the top.

1. Ridley - He's an awesome purple space dragon that gives major representation to a series that has always been underrepresented truthfully, and he's the logical choice for a Metroid newcomers. He's the main villain throughout the series, and the most represented character there besides Samus. With some of the best potential as a predominately air based character, as well as his legendary status in the Smash community, he makes for my most wanted newcomer. If Ridley makes it in at this point, I would be completely happy with the roster because he is such a major name and my most wanted character for the new Smash.

Top 5 Least Wanted: Eh honestly, I'd be OK with the inclusion of any character as long as they're fairly unique. Sure I'd hate to see some character get in over other new ones, but really even those would be fine (IE Dixie over K. Rool). I don't want to really see clones all that much either though, so I guess it's:

5. Toad (any form) - Not that he couldn't be interesting, he just wouldn't be exciting at all to me either. There are so many better characters to include (Hell better Mario characters, cough cough Paper Mario). He is a logical newcomer, but he is the least hype-worthy of almost any for me, so he gets put here despite what could be some interesting potential.

4. Dark Pit - Better choices for another Kid Icarus newcomer and he'd more than likely be very similar to Pit. Plus Kid Icarus hardly warrants three characters at this point, even if he was to be a last minute clone. I'm not really against his inclusion and he could be cool, he just wouldn't be that exciting to see to be perfectly honest.

Now for the only 3 things that would actually disappoint me.

3. Dr. Mario - He should just be a costume for Mario enough said, no reason for him to be his own character really.

2. Pichu - Never liked him in Melee, getting hurt from attacking isn't a unique mechanic and he just isn't really fun to play as, especially when he is just a clone of Pikachu at the end of the day.

1. Ganondorf (Brawl Version) - If Ganondorf returns with absolutely no revamps from Brawl , and no work done to him really at all I will be more disappointed than with any other character. Ganondorf has always had serious potential for a unique move-set if he was ever given one, and out of all characters, the main villain in one of Nintendo's flagship franchises definitely deserves to be unique, but at the end of the day he isn't. And that's OK in Melee because he's actually still a decent character and still enjoyable to play as, but his Brawl form is just awful. I never play as him in Brawl and never have any desire to, he's the worst character in Brawl technically speaking and seeing that same version of him being so weak and unenjoyable to play as would be a serious disappointment.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
I've changed some of my opinions on my top, and bottom five since I last posted. Here we go.
Most wanted:
I removed Micaiah and Anna from my top five, because there is no chance of another fire emblem character getting in (cries). Anyway...

5. Jill Dozer- I love her, I can't even imagine the crazy amazing move set that Sakurai would come up with for her.
4. Chibi-Robo- He's from one of my favorite GameCube games, and he would be a great addition to the roster.
3. Impa- If Zelda gets a new rep, I really hope it'll be Impa. I absolutely love her latest ninja-style designs, and her character is just so fascinating.
2. Mona- I love WarioWare, and Mona is my favorite character from the series. She could have a crazy unique move set with her cheerleading, cooking, biking, and photography. I just love the idea of her.
1. Dixie Kong- Originally my 2nd most wanted, behind Palutena, she is the third most important DK character, having her own do country game, appearing as daddy's sidekick in one, and still returning for the latest games.

Least wanted.
5. Waluigi- I know he's disconfirmed, but he HAS to be on this list.
4. Ghirahim- I dislike him as a character, and as a villain. I have no desire to see him in smash.
3. King K Rool- hate his design, lived him in dk64, other than that I've always thought he was a lame villain who is dead to the series.
2. Dark Pit- I've said why I don't want him in the character discussion thread many times.
1. Bandana Dee- I don't hate this guy, but really? His design is just laughable, they threw a bandana on a waddles head and a spear in his hand. He's so uninteresting and all the necessary Kirby characters are playable.

Violenceman

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ash316
Most Wanted Newcomers!

5. Simon Belmont -- Honestly, I think we have enough third party reps right now. However, if we were to get one more, I would like it to be the OG Vampire Killer (sporting this look, not this one). Castlevania, like Mega Man, always felt like an unofficial member of the Nintendo family back in the NES days and is one of the remaining big juggernaut names in gaming not yet in Smash. Simon himself would primarily fight with a whip, which would be a unique primary weapon. And his specials could incorporate his variety of items from the game; Boomerang Cross, Holy Water, Throwing Axe, etc. Plus, it would mean we would have access to other Castlevania aspects, like items, stages, Smash Run enemies, and best of all, music. Also, I can't help but feel giddy at the thought of getting Pit, Mega Man, and Simon together for a Captain N reunion.

4. Plum -- The face of Mario Golf would be an oddball selection, but I think a Golf-based moveset would be highly original, both in terms of visuals and game play. Who wouldn't like driving golf balls into an opponents face?

3. Mike Jones -- My personal want for Retro Revival this time around. StarTropics could really use some love, as it has been completely ignored by Smash up to this point (not even a sticker in Brawl). Jones, like Belmont, has a variety of items he could employ in battle; from yo-yos and bolas to alien ray guns. Plus, as a star pitcher, he could unleash a trademark fastball as a very fast projectile. Honestly, like Castlevania, I want other elements from the series as much as I want the character himself.

2. Andy -- It is shocking for the amount of games the Wars series has, that it has so far only had one AT in the series for representation. The plucky Orange Star CO would be a perfect rep to bring to battle. He could beat on his enemies with wrenches for standard attacks and unleash miniature war machines for specials. They may look like toys, but the wind-up infantry, tanks, and helicopters pack real fire power and allow Andy to amass an army of his own right on the battlefield.

1. Isaac -- The Golden sun hero is an absolutely perfect fit for the game. Sure, swordsmen have a lot of roster space right now, but there is much more to Isaac; Earth magic to unleash boulders and quakes, Plant-based magic to trap people with vines or attack with thorns, Psychic powers in the form of spectral hands that can push, grab, or punch, and summons that he could use for his Final Smash (Judgement would devastate the field). On top of all that, you could use Djinni as a unique character gimmick; Isaac could summon a Djinni to join with him and increase his overall power, than choose to unleash the Djinni at a key moment, giving up his power boost in exchange for a powerful attack. I can't think of anyone who would make a better addition than Isaac.

Least Wanted Newcomers

5. King K. Rool -- As much as I like the character, I really don't see him meshing well as a playable character. I know he has a history of appearances with a eclectic variety of moves, but many are dependent on his persona, which changed from game to game (King, Pirate, Frankenstein) that I think if they went with his classic look, but gave him the Pirate Blunderbuss or Frankenstein propeller jetpack, it would just look too jarring. And if they just went with one iteration...he would seem pretty underwhelming. Again, I love the character and would really like to see him as an AT, but I don't think he is right for a playable character.

4. Ghirahim -- I swear I don't have anything against villains being playable characters. I just think Ghirahim would be kind of bland. Sure, he has a wide assortment of techniques; teleporting around, slashing with his sword, blocking attacks, throwing daggers...but this would just make him feel like an amalgamation of a bunch of existing characters. A unique mixture, maybe, but nothing to really make it his own. His eccentric personality would be his only defining feature. As a character, he just seems like a case of been there, done that. If we are adding a one-shot Zelda villain, Byrne would be a much more original choice.

3. Bayonetta -- I have seen this character supported as a third-party character due to future game exclusivity with the reasoning of having a real butt-kicking female action hero to rival Samus, and as much as I like the idea of another action girl character, Bayonetta has a pretty major flaw and that is her inherent maturity. Snake managed to get around this because the mature themes in his games are not as central to his character, but Bayonetta's sensuality is so key to her whole character concept, that any version of her we'd get would feel watered-down and neutered. Zero-Suit Samus is about as risque as Sakurai is likely to get with characters, and I wouldn't want to settle for Bayonetta-lite.

2. Bowser Jr. -- Again with the villains! Gah! Would it help if I said Ridley was number 6 on my most wanted? Anyway, Bowser Jr. is the flipside of K. Rool and Ghirahim; I can see a neat and original move set for this character based around his paintbrush. I just never liked the character. Can't really pinpoint what it is, but NOTHING about this guy appeals to me. I have the same issue with Waluigi and Wario; even if I like their move set, I don't want to play as them. Yeah, it's shallow, but it's what I got. Bowser Jr just rubs me the wrong way.

1. Zoroark -- Really this goes for any more sneaky, mysterious, illusionist Pokemon. We got Lucario and I'm cool with that. We got Greninja and I am all down for a ninja frog character like you wouldn't believe. But Pokemon has such a wide variety of character types and tropes that we don't need any more like this. Not that I think we need any more Pokemon newcomers, but if we do, let's go for something really different. Bring in Hitmonlee and have him by Little Mac's foil by kicking all over the dang place. Bring in Golem and have him be a big beastly defense-oriented character. How about Farfetch'd? That would be an awesome character! Just something different from these too-cool-for-school characters.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Most wanted Newcomers

5) Crono

I am not really a fan of 3rd party characters in Smash Bros. but if there is one I would very well want it to be him. This is sort of a farfetched demand but Crono is the protagonist of one of THE best RPGs of all time (I won't call it the best because I like Golden Sun more but it might be) and has been released first on the SNES and then later on the Nintendo DS. He hasn't seen any playable character release and might as well not later on as well. He is another swordsman but his light magic and techs give him versatility not in other swordsman. Plus he is mainly a red head Goku so those people asking for Goku might as well get his doppelganger.

4) Impa

She wasn't really in my sights till Hyrule Warriors was announced and now she is a much better candidate. She is another swordsman but does it really matter? Her moveset can be diverse due to multiple weapons usage and she can also be a good tie-in for Hyrule Warriors Also the Zelda series can get a bit more love considering its one of the Nintendo Big Three. Fire Emblem is not and still has 4 so why can't Zelda have 5. Will bring a fresh face from the Zelda franchise who has also become relevant.

3)Micaiah

The silver haired maiden is a truly different character in the Fire Emblem universe from the different FE land of Tellius where the first protagonist is not a prince. She was the only main character so far who exclusively used magic and had a very major role being one of the 2 playable characters from Radiant Dawn (one could call her the deuteragonist). She would have brought unique magic moves due to her sole magic set and bring something different to the plate. Robin is a dual user so he is different. I would have liked it much more if she was represented instead of Lucina. Too bad Lyndis is not possible anymore.

2) Shulk

I have not played Xenoblade Chronicles yet but can realize why he is such a main character. Nintendo hardly makes few RPGs and the ones it has are phenomenal. I am hyped up for Xenoblade Chronicles X for Wii U so would like this guy to be included by fan's demands as well as an upcoming franchise inclusion! Plus can't wait to see what all the hype is about. Nintendo needs its own epic RPGs now that Final Fantasy has departed from Nintendo home consoles and even the newest installment seems unlikely on Wii U.

1) Isaac

Here he is, my most wanted Smash Bros. 4 candidate. You could probably guess that from my avatar as well. I have talked a lot about this guy on the Isaac for SSB4 thread but the main gist is similar to Shulk but more. Nintendo's classic GBA rpg needs to be represented and revived with its poster boy Isaac at the helm. With a deadly combination of Summons, Psynergy, various weapons, unleashes and Djinn, this guy will bring tons to Smash.

Just bring him in!

Most wanted character deserves a picture :D

Least wanted Newcomers

Well I really do not have least wanted newcomers list but I wouldn't want anyone from vague franchises or excessive characters from already represented franchises to be forcibly added, especially if they shaft the appearance of my wanted characters.

To list off a few would be:
1) Dark Pit (not another clone, especially after Lucina)

2) Koopalings, Bowser Jr. or any unnecessary Mario characters

3) More Pokemon. To be fair I love Pokemon but they have already been grossly represented in Smash already and do NOT need another character. Sorry Mewtwo but looks like Greninja stole your spot (I would have wanted him if we didn't have 3 Pokemon already plus the tons of Pokeballs).

4) Unnecessary 3rd party characters like Naruto or Goku or any other ridiculous demand. Although I love these characters they deserve to belong in their own games, not in Smash.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
UPDATE

Most:
5. King K. Rool
4. Shulk
3. RH Rep
2. Takamaru - Should be playable not an assist
1. Mewtwo

Least:
5. Dark Pit - Stupid Choice. We don't need more clones.
4. Lucina - Same as Dark Pit. Pissed we got her.
3. R.O.B. Really want him to stay in Brawl. Leave, R.O.B.
2. Porky - Crusade did him justice but we only need 2 EarthBound fighters.
1. RIDLEY - BECAUSE OF HIS STRAW GRASPING FANBASE.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Top 5 most wanted:
5.) Marshal - I prefer him over Chorus Kids, personally.
4.) Robin - already confirmed. I like the idea of Mages in Smash, and I like how they turned out gameplay wise.
3.) Palutena - already confirmed. She was initially my #2 most wanted, but with the dual Lucina + Robin reveal giving me an idea for a 2nd Xenoblade rep mentioned below, she's now #3.
2.)
Fiora (with her Mechon body). I started wanting her after not only Chrom being disconfirmed, opening doors for more non-Gematsu characters, but also after again the dual Lucina and Robin reveal. If FE has 4 reps, KI 2 reps, and Star Fox 3, then Xenoblade can have 2. There's a sequel coming in the future, Sakurai has a good relationship with Monolith Soft and tweeted that Monado picture, and Fiora overall would be an excellent complement to Shulk if she gets in with him. Her attacks (including drones) have a lot of potential.
1.) Shulk. If you read the spoiler you'd see part of the reasoning here. Plus, the Monado can be used in a lot of interesting ways moveset-wise (and there's also the tweets from both his English and Japanese VAs).

Honorable mention: Neku Sakuraba. Doubt we'll get too many 3rd party newcomers, but I enjoyed The World Ends With You and I think he'd be a better Square-Enix rep than say, Cloud or Sora, since Neku has better ties with Nintendo.

Least wanted...I think I'll hold off from a list for that one, but at the very least, asinine Miiverse requests like Shrek, Powerpuff Girls, Goku, Naruto...haha nope they shouldn't go near that game with a 100 foot pole

Last edited:

Violenceman

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ash316
Most wanted Newcomers

5) Crono

I am not really a fan of 3rd party characters in Smash Bros. but if there is one I would very well want it to be him. This is sort of a farfetched demand but Crono is the protagonist of one of THE best RPGs of all time (I won't call it the best because I like Golden Sun more but it might be) and has been released first on the SNES and then later on the Nintendo DS. He hasn't seen any playable character release and might as well not later on as well. He is another swordsman but his light magic and techs give him versatility not in other swordsman. Plus he is mainly a red head Goku so those people asking for Goku might as well get his doppelganger.

Man, I would explode into a symphony of rainbows if Crono was in the game.

I left him off my list because he falls too far into the Long-Shot category (along with Banjo-Kazooie) for me to take his inclusion seriously, but I wanted to say that I definitely agree with you there.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Most Wanted:
5). Frogger - Kind of an odd request, I know, and he's not very likely at all, but I'd love it if he made it in. He's a very recognizable old school video game character that holds a special place in my heart. When I was little, I had every single Frogger game, and I loved every single one of them. They were my first video games and they were the only ones I every wanted to play as a kid. I bet most people don't even know he has more than one game! He actually has some moveset potential as he could acquire some interesting power-ups in his more recent games, plus, imagine a stage based on his classic game. It would be awesome! I'd love it if his series was revived with help from the Smash Bros. series.
4). Mach Rider - I've never played his game, but I really want more retro characters to get into SSB4. I think he'd be an interesting addition, as he would primarily fight in his bike, which would be super unique.
3). Simon Belmont - As I said, I really want more retro characters in this game, and Simon has a good history with Nintendo. I love Snake, but if he had to go, I think it'd be great if Simon took his spot. He's popular and has movement potential, plus I think some Castlevania representation in Smash is long overdue. However, if he got in, I'd hope they'd go with his classic "warrior" look rather than the newer, red-haired version.
2). Porky - The Mother series is my favorite game series of all time, and Porky is probably one of the best villains ever created. He would make for a great new fighter as he wouldn't rely on PSI; instead, he'd fight in his spider mech, which would be really awesome. I'd honestly be all right if he replaced Lucas, as he could represent both Earthbound and Mother 3, plus we need more villain characters in Smash. I would seriously be stoked if he made it in, but I'm not sure he has a good shot.
1). Isaac - This guy, this guy right here, NEEDS to be playable, it would be such a waste if he wasn't. He has so much potential for a great moveset, plus Golden Sun needs more love in the Smash universe. I'm probably gonna cry if he isn't in...

Least Wanted:
5). Rosalina - I'm still pretty mad that she made into Smash because there are so many more deserving characters than her IMO. She's very new and she wasn't even that important in the one game she starred in. She's quickly becoming a "main character" in the Mario universe for some reason. I guess I just don't understand the appeal...but I guess I'd rather have her than Daisy...
4). Shadow the Hedgehog - I enjoy Sonic games for the most part, but Sonic is the only rep we need from the series. Everyone thinks Shadow's "cool" because he's angst-y and uses guns, but I've never really been fond of the character.
3). Dark Pit - Do people really want this guy to be separate character? Isn't a palette swap enough? Plus, we do not need any more KI reps. The fact that the series warrants two is still kinda questionable to me, but at least Palutena's actually an interesting character.
2). Bandana Dee - Can you just imagine seeing this guy on the character select screen with all these other big name Nintendo characters? It's honestly laughable. It's just a waddle dee with a bandana and a spear. Amazing!
1). Dixie Kong - No. Just no. IMO, Diddy Kong is a bland character who I was kinda hoping wouldn't return, but he did, so I guess I'll have to tolerate him being on the roster again. But I really don't want another slot wasted with a clone of him. Oh, but she can use her ponytail? Well, whoop-de-frickin-doo. That makes her so much more interesting...*sigh*

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Most Wanted:

1). Isaac - This guy, this guy right here, NEEDS to be playable, it would be such a waste if he wasn't. He has so much potential for a great moveset, plus Golden Sun needs more love in the Smash universe. I'm probably gonna cry if he isn't in...
Me too. Probably my sister as well.

Man, I would explode into a symphony of rainbows if Crono was in the game.

I left him off my list because he falls too far into the Long-Shot category (along with Banjo-Kazooie) for me to take his inclusion seriously, but I wanted to say that I definitely agree with you there.
Yea I thought so too about the long shot but if any other 3rd party character deserves the spot. It is this guy here. The legend from the legendary game called Chrono Trigger. Also in the DS re-release his strongest weapon is no longer Rainbow :p.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Most Wanted
5) Shulk - After playing through Xenoblade Chronicles... and finishing about 130 hours in, I feel like the game is spectacular, and the fact that the fan support was able to bring the game to western audiences (something Mother fans failed at... twice) gives Xenoblade a place in Nintendo's history. While Fiora would be a better character because SPOILERS, Shulk is a better face for the game.
4) Sceptile - Starter Trio, first Gen 3 rep, and my personal favorite starter from Hoenn. OR/AS finally giving me the Grass/Dragon I've wanted since Gen 2. A massive tail, built in blades, and a plethora of grass-moves. Personal bias puts him in over Shulk.
3) Geno - It's Geno. From the last game made between Square and Nintendo, one of the most requested Brawl characters that only existed in one massively popular JRPG game, in a sense the Shulk of Brawl. With Square Enix saying that it wanted to do more choices for the fans after FFXIV, and Sakurai limiting 3rd Party reps to those with Star Power. Why not the puppet-hero of a star spirit?
2) Bandanna Dee: The upcoming 4th big playable face for Kirby, and in many ways the Rosalina to Kirby games. Being a bit comical and "weak" looking to the rest of the cast, he has the potential from all the various ways Waddle Dees have ever been used in the series. A person with a main unique weapon from Sakurai's big series and tons of quirky moves? And adorable? You have my vote!
1) Marshal: A modern-day Mr. Game & Watch from one of the most bizarrely fun and addictive first-party games made by the Warioware crew (and it's clear Wario's getting no second newcomer). I've gone through countless videos reliving old mini games to design a moveset for him and just got such a feeling of blissful nostalgia. Such a good potential! I'd probably main him in a heartbeat.

Least Wanted
5) Duck Hunt Dog: A flawed and shallow excuse of trying to create a retro representative that almost nobody wants.
4) 8-Bit Mario: See (Duck Hunt Dog)
3) Krystal: No. Just No.
2) Ghirahim: A one-off villain who will appear in Hyrule Warriors. There is a reason we didn't get Skull Kid in Melee or Midna in Brawl; Sakurai doesn't want one-off characters from Zelda in the games (Sheik lasted due to being tied to Zelda, and was PLANNED to be in Twilight Princess, which was the model Sakurai took into Brawl). I'd take Fi with a light-designed version of some of Ghirahim's moves along with her ballerina style before Ghirahim because she at least is the Master Sword which is a true part of the rest of the Zelda games.
1) Ridley: I am a Metroid fan. I have gone through every game except Prime - Hunters and the Pinball game. I really hate the idea of a playable Ridley because his proportions only give such great intimidation at the size that he is normally seen in. Was NES Ridley terrifying? Of course not. Zero Mission Ridley? Corruption Ridley? Fusion Ridley? Giant but scrawny beasts that made your heart race as you fought them! You either have scrawny Ridley design that people want which will be like Greninja with Charizard wings and Diddy's tail or Other M Roidley bulkiness that almost everyone who defends Ridley as playable doesn't want to see. There is no real way to win.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Most Wanted
5) Shulk - After playing through Xenoblade Chronicles... and finishing about 130 hours in, I feel like the game is spectacular, and the fact that the fan support was able to bring the game to western audiences (something Mother fans failed at... twice) gives Xenoblade a place in Nintendo's history. While Fiora would be a better character because SPOILERS, Shulk is a better face for the game.
4) Sceptile - Starter Trio, first Gen 3 rep, and my personal favorite starter from Hoenn. OR/AS finally giving me the Grass/Dragon I've wanted since Gen 2. A massive tail, built in blades, and a plethora of grass-moves. Personal bias puts him in over Shulk.
3) Geno - It's Geno. From the last game made between Square and Nintendo, one of the most requested Brawl characters that only existed in one massively popular JRPG game, in a sense the Shulk of Brawl. With Square Enix saying that it wanted to do more choices for the fans after FFXIV, and Sakurai limiting 3rd Party reps to those with Star Power. Why not the puppet-hero of a star spirit?
2) Bandanna Dee: The upcoming 4th big playable face for Kirby, and in many ways the Rosalina to Kirby games. Being a bit comical and "weak" looking to the rest of the cast, he has the potential from all the various ways Waddle Dees have ever been used in the series. A person with a main unique weapon from Sakurai's big series and tons of quirky moves? And adorable? You have my vote!
1) Marshal: A modern-day Mr. Game & Watch from one of the most bizarrely fun and addictive first-party games made by the Warioware crew (and it's clear Wario's getting no second newcomer). I've gone through countless videos reliving old mini games to design a moveset for him and just got such a feeling of blissful nostalgia. Such a good potential! I'd probably main him in a heartbeat.

Least Wanted
5) Duck Hunt Dog: A flawed and shallow excuse of trying to create a retro representative that almost nobody wants.
4) 8-Bit Mario: See (Duck Hunt Dog)
3) Krystal: No. Just No.
2) Ghirahim: A one-off villain who will appear in Hyrule Warriors. There is a reason we didn't get Skull Kid in Melee or Midna in Brawl; Sakurai doesn't want one-off characters from Zelda in the games (Sheik lasted due to being tied to Zelda, and was PLANNED to be in Twilight Princess, which was the model Sakurai took into Brawl). I'd take Fi with a light-designed version of some of Ghirahim's moves along with her ballerina style before Ghirahim because she at least is the Master Sword which is a true part of the rest of the Zelda games.
1) Ridley: I am a Metroid fan. I have gone through every game except Prime - Hunters and the Pinball game. I really hate the idea of a playable Ridley because his proportions only give such great intimidation at the size that he is normally seen in. Was NES Ridley terrifying? Of course not. Zero Mission Ridley? Corruption Ridley? Fusion Ridley? Giant but scrawny beasts that made your heart race as you fought them! You either have scrawny Ridley design that people want which will be like Greninja with Charizard wings and Diddy's tail or Other M Roidley bulkiness that almost everyone who defends Ridley as playable doesn't want to see. There is no real way to win.
I want other m ridley, he looked badass

Burruni

Smash Hero
I want other m ridley, he looked badass
You sir, from what I have observed, are in quite the minority. I stick to my stance against him because it just doesn't fit Ridley's identity to me. He's a feral beast with amazing instinctive intelligence in the means of hunting weak prey, not a direct fighter. Etc. Etc. things you have probably heard countless times before. Ridley's a character that people are either for or against and I don't believe I've heard of a story of someone switching from one side to the other, so argument is pointless until release or full footage of Pyrosphere with hazards on... or a PotD specifically deconfirming him because anything less will only be more fuel for the Ridley thread.

Last edited:

Primid

Smash Apprentice
MOST WANTED

5.) Ridley - I just think he should get in because he's got a lot of fan service and because I think Metroid deserves another rep and Ridley is the obvious choice.

4.) Frogger - Well, he has literally no chance, but he's a retro character and I love his games to death. He was a huge part of my childhood and would probably die of excitement if he ever made it in. And if Snake doesn't come back...well here's to hoping!

3.) Isaac - Haven't played Golden Sun, but I think he'd be a great addition.

2.) Porky/Giygas - I couldn't choose between these two and I'd be fine if we got either. If they replaced Lucas, I'd be ok. I just want a Mother villain who would have a move set that is set apart from Ness's. Plus Smash currently needs more villains and both of these guys are great evildoers.

1.) Paper Mario - Let's face it, Paper Mario has tons of charm. He's got great move set potential, plus he represents the PM series and Mario RPGs. I actually like him more than regular Mario. Also, he's a way better choice than Rosalina...:glare:

LEAST WANTED

5.) Jigglypuff - Ok, I understand she (?) has her (?) fans, but I don't really like Jigglypuff. It seems like a waster of a slot to me and I know she probably won't go anywhere because she's part of the original 12. But still, I can dislike her. I'm not even into Pokemon, but I think there are some cooler Pokemon choices out there.

4.) Dixie Kong - I think DK deserves another possible rep, but I don't think it should be Dixie. She's basically just Diddy Kong, who I don't really like anyway. Also hair whips aren't really my thing.

3.) Rosalina - Still kinda feeling like: :urg: I just don't really know why they made her playable...she's popular but I feel like she's too new and not really that important to the series. I'm ok with her in the party/kart games but I think SSB is a stretch.

2.) Dark Pit - Kid Icarus is already getting so much representation in this game already, I don't think we need another character. Plus he's Pit, just...darker? Wow..

1.) Chorus Men/Marshal/Rhythm Heaven Rep - I just don't see the appeal. All the characters look SO boring and bland. Not feelin it. That is all.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
3.) Rosalina - Still kinda feeling like: :urg: I just don't really know why they made her playable...she's popular but I feel like she's too new and not really that important to the series. I'm ok with her in the party/kart games but I think SSB is a stretch.
I don't care that you dislike Rosalina, but I wanted to point out that she's almost 7 years old, while Greninja still isn't even 1, and when Roy was in melee he wasn't even in a game yet. I don't think there is such a thing as 'too new'.

Crawful

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4983-5238-2711
Well, here's mine. Pac-Man was my original number 2, by the way.

5. Isaac. I love Golden Sun, and even though my favorite is Matthew, Isaac is a cutie and also can use Psynergy from any characters in the game. Isaac is a bro and a really cool character.
4. Masked Man. I adore the Masked Man, and Mother 3 in general. Him being in the game would be a godsend, and I would definitely main him. However, he's low on the list only because of his chances being a bit slim compared to the other characters.
3. Paper Mario. I love Paper Mario, and seeing a character from that series make it in would be my dream. Paper Mario would be really weird and fun to play as, and if he was in I would main the crap out of him.
2. Karate Joe. I adore Karate Joe, and I adore Rhythm Heaven. Plus, out of all the characters in Rhythm Heaven, he has the most personality and an entire moveset can be made from not only from his game, but from the other games.
1. S-s-s-skull kid. :c

Alright, here's my 5 not wanted.
5. Ridley. Now now, I don't hate Ridley. I just don't see him fitting in without it being a bit awkward.
4. Daisy. If she's her own character, I'll be a bit peeved. Daisy should be an alt for Peach, and nothing more.
3. Magnus. While playing Kid Icarus, Magnus never appealed to me. Actually, not many of the characters appealed to me, but Magnus felt a bit forced, and him being an Assist Trophy is pretty cool, but I don't see him being anything more.
2. Bowser Jr. Ok ok, I like Bowser Jr. The problem with Bowser Jr is that if he's in the game, there's a chance he'd be a Bowser clone, and we don't need that. If he had a paintbrush moveset, I'd be ok with it, but he's... alright, and nothing more.
1. Krystal. I hate Krystal, and I hate Starfox Adventures. *cough* Ok, now that that's over with, my main issue with Krystal is that she has barely any personality besides being a flirt, and that she would be a representation of a game I personally really do not like. Stairfax Temperatures is a fundamentally flawed game, for many reasons, and it being represented in Star Fox as... maybe a stage, would be alright. I wouldn't mind that. HOWEVER, Krystal will end up either having a staff moveset, which would be kinda cool, or being a sexualized Fox clone, which would upset me a lot.

Last edited:

Tsaesci

Smash Rookie
NNID
Tsaesci
Most Wanted
5. Isaac
4. Bandana Dee
3. King K. Rool
2. Ridley
1. Mewtwo

Least Wanted
5. Paper Mario
4. Chorus Kids
3. Krystal
2. Inkling
1. Ghirahim

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
Most wanted:

5.dixie Kong-hey she's cool plus she has alot of potential

4.snake-he isnt a main but he was cool because he helped me beat sonic when I was young.

3.falco-hes awesome and I like star fox so I'd hate to see him gone

2.ridley-I would love this character not only because hes a badass but he's a dragon and from metroid

1.krystal-ever since I played adventures and assault this character has so much potential and is just so awesome.

Least wanted

5.k rool-he isn't really interesting to me yeah he'd be cool but I'm not into heavy characters (except ridley)

4.chrous men-just wtf....

3.mewto-he was ok but guys he was not in brawl and ik the whole he was but I like lucario more ok

2.shulk-ok I'm gonna get alot of hate but guys takamaru was a assist and what's the odds of him getting in..

1.isacc,bandanna Dee,and any character that is a trophy-ik I seem like a **** but guys there's no way in hell these guys are being confirmed I know little mac but he was in punch out a legendary franchise so I just say screw anyone who doesn't let me have a opinion

MooseSmuggler

NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Most wanted:

5.dixie Kong-hey she's cool plus she has alot of potential

4.snake-he isnt a main but he was cool because he helped me beat sonic when I was young.

3.falco-hes awesome and I like star fox so I'd hate to see him gone

2.ridley-I would love this character not only because hes a badass but he's a dragon and from metroid

1.krystal-ever since I played adventures and assault this character has so much potential and is just so awesome.

Least wanted

5.k rool-he isn't really interesting to me yeah he'd be cool but I'm not into heavy characters (except ridley)

4.chrous men-just wtf....

3.mewto-he was ok but guys he was not in brawl and ik the whole he was but I like lucario more ok

2.shulk-ok I'm gonna get alot of hate but guys takamaru was a assist and what's the odds of him getting in..

1.isacc,bandanna Dee,and any character that is a trophy-ik I seem like a **** but guys there's no way in hell these guys are being confirmed I know little mac but he was in punch out a legendary franchise so I just say screw anyone who doesn't let me have a opinion
Shulk has a lot more going for him than Takamaru did. I mean, Takamaru is from a dead franchise that's only just now leaving Japan, while Shulk is from a budding new series (that Sakurai has indicated he has knowledge of). That on top of Sakurai's relationship with Monolith (and the fact that they're helping design the damn game), plus a long list of other factors, Shulk is looking pretty good. Seriously, they're two completely different characters in two completely different circumstances. There is no comparison.

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
Shulk has a lot more going for him than Takamaru did. I mean, Takamaru is from a dead franchise that's only just now leaving Japan, while Shulk is from a budding new series (that Sakurai has indicated he has knowledge of). That on top of Sakurai's relationship with Monolith (and the fact that they're helping design the damn game), plus a long list of other factors, Shulk is looking pretty good. Seriously, they're two completely different characters in two completely different circumstances. There is no comparison.
I don't have much knowledge on shulk but while I like fire emblem (I might go get the games...) I feel like we have way to much swordsmen (Marth,ike,lucina,robin,link,pit (kinda),toon link ) so please I'm going to lose my mind if there's more and krystal has a staff (before I get yelled at) that does elemental effects and we all loved roy right?

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Shulk isn't a swordsman at all

If he is then damn he's a sloppy one

Last edited:

MooseSmuggler

NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
I don't have much knowledge on shulk but while I like fire emblem (I might go get the games...) I feel like we have way to much swordsmen (Marth,ike,lucina,robin,link,pit (kinda),toon link ) so please I'm going to lose my mind if there's more and krystal has a staff (before I get yelled at) that does elemental effects and we all loved roy right?
I really don't get the "too many swordsmen" argument. I mean, just because he uses a sword doesn't mean Shulk can't be unique. I mean, at least half the roster fights hand-to-hand, you don't see people whining about that. All that matters is that the characters are unique. And anyone who doesn't think Shulk can be unique is ignorant, plain and simple.

Killabyte

Smash Rookie
If Smash Bros Brawl is rated T, and Red Steel 2 is rated T...
then the Kusagari could be in Smash Brothers, right?
Hopefully some of you know of the Kusagari dude, he who wields the tools of both the American Western cowboy and the Japanese Samurai, simultaneously.
In the event of Red Steel 3 being released for WiiU, as it should eventually be, (Red Steel 2 review scores rocked, though somehow that didn't help the sales much) a Red Steel character would in Smash would be useful promotion.

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
I really don't get the "too many swordsmen" argument. I mean, just because he uses a sword doesn't mean Shulk can't be unique. I mean, at least half the roster fights hand-to-hand, you don't see people whining about that. All that matters is that the characters are unique. And anyone who doesn't think Shulk can be unique is ignorant, plain and simple.
To say how I feel about shulk is kinda he feels to final fantasy like...and I just really don't want something like that and fire emblem felt medieval so meh...

Killabyte

Smash Rookie
Paper Mario has been in more games than much of the Smash Brothers cast, and, both sales and review scores for every incantation of paper Mario have been beautifully high. Paper Mario being playable would also allow for tons of fan-service assist trophies, from the litany of fantastic side characters that the Paper Mario series has created, or maybe even Paper Mario's moveset could incorporate his companions found throughout the game.

Killabyte

Smash Rookie
Please no more Fire Emblem... It's Captain Falcon's duty to shout the names of his cool moves in Smash Brothers... Not Lucina, who should not be allowed to steal Captain Falcon's spotlight in a trailer.
(in my correct opinion, of course.)
(Of course opinions can be correct!)

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Most Wanted:
1. Ridley: Main antagonist from the Metroid series. Most requested character ever. And it's a space pirate dragon. There's nothing cooler than that. And it's not too big.
2. Isaac: Main character from the Golden Sun series. A series without representation, with huge moveset potential and unique abilities. Golden Sun needs more love.
3. King K. Rool: Main antagonist from the DK series. A huge king crocodile armed with a blunderbuss could be a really unique addition to the roster.
4. Ghirahim: One of the most recognizable Zelda villains. Unique in the way he moves, attacks and behaves, could add something new to the roster thanks to his special abilities.
5. Wonder Red: Main character from The Wonderful 101. Once again, a series without representation. Could have a lot of moves based on the fusions appearing in the game, or maybe even use other Wonders as support.

Least Wanted:
1. Krystal: I find her disgusting. I don't know why, I just do.
2. Dixie Kong: There's absolutely no need for another monkey to represent the DK series.
3. Bandana Dee: A low-tier enemy with a spear? No, thanks. I don't care if he was playable, it just doesn't have what it takes for me to consider them worthy.
4. Dark Pit: As much as I love him in Uprising, we don't need another Pit. Kid Icarus has enough representation already.
5. Any weird and impossible request some fans have: Self-explanatory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom