• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top 5 Most Wanted and Least Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Top 5 Most Wanted
5. Prof. Layton. Layton is great! But honestly I think I just want him there to rival Phoenix Wright.

4. Ghirahim. This villain is so flamboyaunt and fun he'd offer not only a cool unique moveset, but also a cool unique personality!
3. Mewtwo. Fun and stylish in Melee.

2. Phoenix Wright. I know it won't happen, but maybe it might in Smash 5 if Nintendo buys the rights? I hear Capcom's in trouble and needs the money. I'm jst worried about him being a good fit... he seems like much better assist trophy material.

1. Tetra. She's a princess and a pirate! That's awesome! I aspire to be that awesome! She'd be great and a fine fit especially with Toon Link already there.

Top 5 Least Wanted
5. Uhhhh... I work from number 1 down to 5 and I'm having trouble thinking of stuff I don't want now. I guess any character that just isn't important enough? Example... uhh... some random Pokemon like... Sandshrew? I don't want to say Toad, Waluigi, Waddle Dee, or other characters like that cause lots of people like them, but I really just don't find them important enough.

4. Any of the many heavily requested Sonic charactes like Shadow. Sonic is enough. I guess if I had to pick one I might not mind Knuckles.

3. Trubbish from Pokemon. I was trying to think of any characters I really actually hate and this is the only one coming to mind? It's just so dumb. A garbage bag with googley eyes and buck teeth. And everyone says "Yeah, but Grimer" this isn't a gen war thing. I don't think Gen 1 is the best. But I do think that Grimer, radioactive sludge come to life, is infinitely cooler than a living garbage bag.

2. Any character that doesnt follow Sakurai's rules (like being a video game character) So, example: Goku

1. Any real person.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
4: Chorus men
I've always thought of Smash Bros as a game were only the most famous and well known Nintendo characters get in. I know there has been exceptions to this but it doesn't need to go on. I don't like the idea of these characters that barely do anything in their game and the fact that barely anyone even knew what Rhythm Heaven was until the Gematsu leak.
Barely anyone knew what RH was prior to Gematsu?

LOL

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG
Most Wanted

Chorus Men
After hearing them on the Gematsu Leak, I kept thinking of different ideas on how they would play. And each time, I thought of interesting stuff.

Krystal
I only want her in solely for the fact that what she could offer to the table would make her one of the most unique characters. If given the staff from Adventures, then we would have the only character in the game that would be a bo-staff user.

Takamaru
Ever played The Mysterious Murasame Castle? It's good. And a classic. Takamaru would be a great addition when it comes to adding an obscure retro character.

Sceptile
We have water and fire starters, we need a grass starter. Hoenn is arguably one of the most popular (if not the most popular) generation, and having a starter from there would be perfect.

Shulk
Xenoblade is basically the obscure JRPG that became a cult hit. It only grew in popularity and after all it went through, Shulk is moe than deserving of a Smash slot.

Least Wanted

Ridley

I am sick and tired of hearing Ridley for Smash. I know I'm going to get hate for this, but I don't care. It's gotten to the point where I'm just sick of hearing it. (Not a problem here, since I could just avoid the Ridley thread, but I'm talking about on stuff like Facebook.) I honestly believe he was deconfirmed back in the Smash Direct, but, as GameXplain stated, the Ridley supporters will latch onto anything to try and state otherwise, and it doesn't help that most I met are those superfans that caps lock everything. In my opinion, they're basically beating a dead horse now.

There are others, but I'm too tired to remember.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Most Wanted:
5. Shulk - Never played Xenoblade but I think he'd be interesting and unique
4. Krystal - With the new star fox game in development I'd like a new star fox rep to sorta continue the pattern, also more females!
3. Paper Mario - Fun, interesting, would represent the mario RPGs
2. Impa - I've always wanted impa to replace sheik and use her SS design but with her reveal for hyrule warriors I'd love to see that incarnation using her giant sword as well as water based moves, she'd be awesome
1. Dixie Kong - I love dixie kong and I think a hair based moveset would be really unique

Least Wanted:
5. Any one time Zelda character (Zant, Ghirahim, Midna, Lana etc)
4. Anyone who's a clone
3. Geno
2. Any unfitting 3rd party character (You know what I mean)
1. Any Anime character

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wasn't she the most requested female in a japanese poll for brawl?
the characters who were recommended multiple times are:

King Dedede(5) - CONFIRMED!
Diddy Kong(4) - CONFIRMED!
Geno(4)
Ike(4) - CONFIRMED!
Ridley(4)
Captain Olimar & Pikmin(3) - CONFIRMED!
Krystal(3)
Takamaru(3)
Windwaker Link(3)
Animal Crossing MC(2) - in BG of Smashville stage
Claus(2)
Demiru(2)
Isaac(2)
Jeff(2)
Kawasima(2)
King K.Rool(2)
Lip(2)
Lucas(2) - CONFIRMED!
Mega Man(2)
Oguma(2)
Ouendan(2)
Sukapon(2)

Yep, not that it means much though. (I'll still be waiting on the sources)

Last edited by a moderator:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Most wanted:

- Ridley
- Dixie Kong
- Rhythm Heave rep
- WarioWaren rep
- Duck Hunt Dog

Least wanted:

- Waddle Dee wearing a bandana
- Daisy
- Any other Pokémon rep who wasn't playable in Smash at some point
- Adam Malkovich, Sylux or any other trash-tier Metroid character
- Any other Kong not named Dixie Kong

Last edited:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
For better accuracy I'm going to make two lists, one pre-SSB4's reveal, another current.

Pre-SSB4's Reveal:

Most Wanted:
1. Isaac.
2. Paper Mario
3. Villager
4. Roy
5. Mewtwo

It must be noted that Lucina would probably be up near my #2, but I thought that her getting in as anything more than an alternate costume was a pipe-dream, so I made the list accordingly. And I really saw Leaf as being a necessary alternate costume for Pokemon Trainer.

Least Wanted:
-A second Kid Icarus character (the series was literally dead for decades, it came back for one game, it didn't deserve a second character quite yet)
-Another Kirby character
-Ashley (I have no idea why I have always disliked this character, but I do. xD)
-A filler/mostly filler Mario character (Waluigi/Daisy)
-Extra Zelda characters (Tingle/Ghirahim, etc.)

Actually making a current list almost doesn't make sense to me, my favorites have been set, and I haven't really added any others, so my current most wanted looks like this:

1. Isaac
2. Paper Mario
3. Mewtwo

(Roy removed because FE has enough characters now, and Lucina was one I wanted more anyway lol)

Least Wanted:
Another Kid Icarus character (Two characters is already overkill)
Another Kirby character (the series is perfectly represented as it is)
Chorus Boys/Kids (or whatever... Just no)

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Most wanted:

1 > Mewtwo. I can see why some people don't want him because Charizard already fulfils the role of a popular gen I that can Mega-Evolve but asides from that, I think than Charizard and Mewtwo can have different roles as Smash Bros. playable characters and are completely compatible in the same game. Let's not forget than a lot of veterans are in SSB4 more because of their role in previous Smash instalments than because of their revelancy in current Nintendo universe. And Charizard in SSB4 is actually more a legacy from SSBB Pokémon Trainer than anything else, though I admit than the Mega Evolution greatly helped him to not be cut, an I highly doubt than Ivysaur an Squirtle are back because contrary to Charizard really they're only relevant as a Pokémon Trainer's Pokémon.

Of all SSBM characters that were cut in SSBB, I feel than Mewtwo is really the only character with any chance of being playable in SSB4, and it's the perfect time to get a SSBM cut as playable character again:
- The opportunity is and will probably be absolutely unique in the Smash history. I really don't see any character cut to go back in Smash 5 if the fourth instalment doesn't have a returning cut character.
- Contrary to other Melee cut, Mewtwo isn't a clone of any other SSB character.
- Mewtwo represents something other Pokémon confirmed as playable in Smash 4 can't do. He represents legendary Pokémon, an important concept in Pokémon universe that deserves representation IMO. Mewtwo is easily one of the most recognizable legendary Pokémon and a perfect representation for them.
- Mewtwo is now more relevant than before SSBB in Pokémon universe. He got a signature move, then a new movie, he teased Mega Evolutions and got TWO of them, is catchable in Pokémon X and Y and is even in Kalos regional Pokédex.

With all those arguments I think than it's the absolutely perfect time to get back a character cut from SSBM as playable in SSB4, and Mewtwo not returning back would heavily disappoint me for all those reasons. Also both Roy and Mewtwo were planned for SSBB, and while obviously Roy is not returning back I see Lucina as Roy's spiritual successor due to, just like him, being a Marth clone, even though that wasn't said officially by Sakurai. But contrary to Roy, Mewtwo is not a clone of anyone else and is actually relevant in recent Nintendo history. Just rework him to be better an he would be the very best addition to SSB4 IMO.

By the way, the detractors's arguments "Six Pokémon would be overkill if we count Jigglypuff" or "There were six Pokémon characters in Brawl because of Pokémon Trainer" aren't enough to convince me. Fire Emblem already surprised us with a total of four reps, and if six Pokémon reps, meaning probably more than Mario, can legitimately seem unlikely for some people, I personally highly doubt than Sakurai would not include Mewtwo as a playable character for the sole or primary reason than "there are already too many Pokémon characters".

2 > Isaac. Even though I never touched a Golden Sun game I think than Isaac is a very charismatic character and, according to what I read, with a lot of moveset potential. We really need more magic attackers in Smash Bros. because Zelda, Palutena and Robin (and Rosalina to a lessser extent) are not enough IMO. He's obviously the most recognizable character from Golden Sun and this franchise would be probably the best way to represent the Game Boy Advance era, just like how Olimar represents the GameCube era. Plus he got a third game after Brawl; even if it wasn't as great as the GBA games (again, according to what I read) it's still enough to give him post-Brawl revelancy.

3 > Fourth Starfox character. The real problem about this one is than this series doesn't have any post-Brawl revelancy, but still I imagine this franchise getting a fourth rep for some reason. First, we really need another series to get exactly four playable characters; even with Fire Emblem: Awakening being a great commercial succes for the standards of its series, this doesn't justify it for being the only franchise with exactly four reps IMO, even with Lucina being a late and lucky addition according to Sakurai. Second, a new Starfox game has been confirmed for the Wii U, and even if it will be released after SSB4, I really see Starfox getting the same treatment as Fire Emblem in Melee: we need to promote a game with Smash Bros. so we will give a series more representation than it deserves and in the future we will say « Smash Bros. saved the series from being ignored ». But I don't think that this potential newcommer will be one that doesn't exist currently and will debut in Starfox Wii U, really an already existent fourth rep like Krystal seems fine to make more people interested in the franchise.

4 > Ridley (non-Other M design). At this point I'm really confident about Ridley's chances as a playable character in SSB4. Not only Metroid deserves better representation but given Ridley's teasing my theory is than there is actually a stage boss on Pyrosphere, but that Ridley is not that stage boss, that will be something like Vorash or Goyagma instead. Any other possibility, in my opinion, can pretty much only be trolling, and not a cute or funny one like Sakurai is used to, but a literally bullcrap trolling: either he reveals a highly requested character as a downgraded version of the role he already played in Brawl after leaving volontarily his status unclear for months, or Ridley is actually playable but we don't have any boss on Pyrosphere; in either case, all that teasing would literally go to waste.

I'm not personally attached to Ridley, but I think he wouldn't have much problem to be unique, as a character with mostly aerial gameplay. I have little experience with Metroid, so I can't really imagine a moveset myself. But the funniest part would be the reveal trailer: imagine a scene at the end, after the "Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / for Wii U" logo, where Ridley triumphed against Samus, then a sentence appears "No matter how big you may be, there is always someone bigger." and Ridley is attacked by the actual Pyrosphere boss. That would be hilarious.

5 > Magikarp. Obviously it's a joke want and I don't take it seriously, but seing Magikarp as the ultimate troll character in Smash would be absolutely hilarious, and only for this it deserves to be in my top want. The few moves it learns in Pokémon games would actually provide a decent moveset: Splash doesn't do damages but makes enemies tripping; Tackle would be similar to Diddy Kong's side-B besides the fact than it causes knockback instead if grabbing; Bounce is similar to Dedede's up-U but is faster; Flail works on a similar manner than Yoshi's down-B but has power based on the vertical distance you fall before hitting the ground. Its gameplay would be mostly based on aerial combos, with very weak damaging and knockout power but very fast an spammable attacks. Its final smash would be a Flail at full power (like when Flail is used at only 1 HP remaining in Pokémon games), with incredible damaging potential and more than decent knockout power.

Also imagine this priceless screen KO! Just for it I'd like to see Magikarp as a Smash playable character.
Again, it's a joke want, so don't take it seriously xD

Least wanted:

Can't think of a fifth.

4 > Chorus men / Chorus kids. Actually I'm fine with the idea of a Rythm Heaven rep and it would be a cool addition to the roster with a rythm-based gimmick, but please no Ice Climbers-like gimmick with three characters, with or without the rythm gimmick. Someone like Marshal alone would be better implemented in Smash Bros. IMO.

3 > Sceptile (or any other Grass starter for that matter). I don't feel than a Grass-type rep is necessary at this point. Sure, we have Charizard and Greninja, but those were implemented for other reasons than being starters. As said in Mewtwo's paragraph, Charizard is more of a Pokémon Trainer legacy than anything else. Greninja is in because according to what he said, Sakurai wanted a sixth gen Pokémon to be a playable character in SSB4 and choosen him because he immediatly loved his design. Neither seem to be chosen because of their type of because they're starters; for those reasons, a Grass starter to complete the trio feels unnecessary in my opinion. Also Sceptile supporters point the fact than he's perfect to represent Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire in addition to being a Grass-type starter rep, but those games are completely irrelevant to SSB4 IMO. Not only they release after SSB4 but, contrary to franchises like Starfox, or Fire Emblem during Melee times, upcoming Pokémon doesn't need to be promoted. At all. Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire will be a commercial success, it's pretty much set in stone, there is no point to promote them in another game.

In addition, the starter trio was actually relevant in SSBB because all the starters could transform into another one during battle, and they're all from the same generation. Plus I think than characters should be based on their own merits before anything else, so I hardly imagine Sakurai reasonning like "Oh we have a Fire and a Water starter, okay then I'll add a Grass-type one for the sake of completing the trio".

2 > Ridley (Other M design). As I already explained, I don't want to see Ridley deconfirmed because I don't want to see all this teasing to go to waste. If Sakurai planned to include Ridley as a stage boss and teases him with blatantly unclear status before deconfirming him, then Sakurai's trolling becomes worthless and not funny anymore. But on the other hand, I don't want to see Ridley as a playable character stuck on his Other M design. I don't like it at all, it doesn't do justice to Ridley IMO, other Ridley designs are much cooler. Unfortunately it seems to be the most likely design due to Other M being the most recent Metroid game, but I still hope than other designs will be alternate costume, even if I think it's compromised due to possible hitbox problems.

1 > Audino. I know that it doesn't have any chance to be actually playable but if by some miracle it ends up as a playable character that would kill all my hype for SSB4. Really I think than it's the only Nintendo character or creature I legitimately detest, both for its horrible design and role in Pokémon games (existence aimed at being an experience punching-ball in almost all Unova rustling grass or even Kalos Battle Chateau ? seriously ?!). Really if there isn't any sign of Audino in SSB4 not even as just a trophy that would be awesome for me.

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Most wanted:
1-Adeleine (Kirby)
2-Karate Joe (Rhythm Heaven)
3-classic Ganon (Zelda)
4-Jill & Drill Dozer (Drill Dozer)
5-Cpt. Syrup (Warioland)

Least wanted:
1-Bandana Waddle Dee (Kirby)
Because it's popular, due to the fact that HAL forced him into the franchise, doesn't mean that's a good character... it's still a waddle dee with a bandana, I mean, anyone could make a goomba, a shyguy, a motobug or any other generic enemy, put a bandana on it, and say that's an original character... also weak moveset potential, especially the B moves.
"He's cute" "Has a spear" those are the weak reasons why people want him in, while he isn't even a character at all (look at the opening video of Kirby Triple Deluxe, there are some Waddle Dees with spears defending Dedede, none of them have a bandana, that's the proof that any generic waddle dee is more relevant than the one with the bandana).
Another thing is that I was indifferent to this character, but the whole lot of jerks that are part of its fandom made me hate this useless character.

2-A tie between 3 characters
Excitebot (Excitebots)
horrible characters from an horrible game
Chorus Kids (Rhythm Heaven)
I love Rhythm Heaven, but this is one of the worse character that anyone could suggest. This and Marshall.
People request them just because of a fake leak.
Duck Hunt Dog (Duck Hunt)
The exact same thing as above, apart for the love thing.

3-Shulk (Xenoblade)
He's first party and all, but I still can't see him fitting with the others...

4-King K Rool (Donkey Kong)
He's a villain in one of the most popular franchises of Nintendo, I know that sooner or later He will be in; but I don't like him, as many of the DK characters.

5-Another Pokèmon that's not Mewtwo.
There are enough of them, I'd even prefer if Jigglypuff is out this time, it's not relevant anymore and the only reason to have him back would be because it was playable in the previous Smash Bros games (pretty bad reason). Mewtwo is the only one that I'd tolerate, because he was relevant in the first generation, probably the most relevant pokèmon after Pikachu.

Last edited:

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Most wanted.

5: Uhhhhhhh.......uhhhhhhh.....................Paper Mario? Sure, that's what I'll go with.

4: Takama- oh ****.

3: Captain Toad. He's just cool, and Sakurai can come up with a moveset for literally anything.

2: Ridley. I used to be a hater. Then I looked into it some more. I became neutral. I couldn't find any real reason for him not to be in after searching. Ridley supporter. Defended him for a very long time. Ridley fan.

1: Bandana Dee. I see people think he's just a Waddle Dee with a bandana and a spear. And that is a large load of bull****.

Least wanted: [Not including Anime, 4th Party, or any obvious choice because those are cop out choices.]

5:Ghiraham. Don't hate him, but he wouldn't really excite me at all.

4:Roy. Don't need, we have Lucina.

3:Daisy. Cause no thanks.

2:Geno. WAAAAAAY better Mario representation, Cpt. Toad, Bowser JR, even Daisy is better.

1:Dark Pit. KI only has 3 games. Donkey Kong and Metroid need atleast 3 first, and being the 3rd main franchise of Smash, and more important, Kirby needs 4.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Most wanted:

1. Black shadow
F-zero deserves a 2nd rep common!!!

2. Ridley
Enough said.

3. Duck hunt dog
This dog is so iconic and almost every person in the world heared about duck hunt (even my grandparents). I think the dog deserves a spot representing a classic.

4. Sceptile
My favorite starter in the third gen games and third gen deserves a rep.

5. Porky
One of my fav villians and way more important than Lucas imo. If smash bros. Crusade can work it out, so could Nintendo.

Not wanted.

1. Shulk
Never played a Xenoblade game, not going to because it looks boring. This guy's character design looks awfull and ugly yo me. I feel like people are on the bandwagon after gematsu as well. I didnt even know the guy before gematsu. More reasons under number 2.

2. Chorus men
I dont even know these guys like wtf??? I feel like people are on the bandwagon after gematsu and it irrirates me. Imo smash should be representing populair franchises that are at least known arouns a good amount of people.

3. Takamaru/lip
Who are they?

4. Shrek
Lol. No.

5. Prof. Layton/the braintraining guy
What is this??????

Last edited:

Wasoodle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Wasoodle
Most wanted:

1. Black shadow
F-zero deserves a 2nd rep common!!!

2. Ridley
Enough said.

3. Duck hunt dog
This dog is so iconic and almost every person in the world heared about duck hunt (even my grandparents). I think the dog deserves a spot representing a classic.

4. Sceptile
My favorite starter in the third gen games and third gen deserves a rep.

5. Porky
One of my fav villians and way more important than Lucas imo. If smash bros. Crusade can work it out, so could Nintendo.

Not wanted.

1. Shulk
Never played a Xenoblade game, not going to because it looks boring. This guy's character design looks awfull and ugly yo me. I feel like people are on the bandwagon after gematsu as well. I didnt even know the guy before gematsu. More reasons under number 2.

2. Chorus men
I dont even know these guys like wtf??? I feel like people are on the bandwagon after gematsu and it irrirates me. Imo smash should be representing populair franchises that are at least known arouns a good amount of people.

3. Takamaru/lip
Who are they?

4. Shrek
Lol. No.

5. Prof. Layton/the braintraining guy
What is this??????
You don't want shulk because he's "ugly"? o.o I understand your reasoning for chorus men but shulk not at all lol. His chances are pretty high even without gematsu, he's more popular than you think.

Anyway, Most Wanted
5. Bowser Jr. Or Paper Mario
4. Starfy ( :( )
3. Plusle + Minun (even though they're near impossible to join :( )
2. Villager :D
1. Bandana Dee

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
You don't want shulk because he's "ugly"? o.o I understand your reasoning for chorus men but shulk not at all lol. His chances are pretty high even without gematsu, he's more popular than you think.

Anyway, Most Wanted
1. Bandana Dee
He had plenty of support before his name got leaked, as well, as indicated by polls. Xenoblade Chronicles is also a top seller worldwide, with a spiritual sequel on the way. Brand-new rising IP done by a company Sakurai has friends in that's also helping with the game...of course it's getting a rep.

Exegguter

Smash Lord

Anyway, Most Wanted
1. Bandana Dee
Well aren't there better/other characters from Xenoblade IF Xenoblade needs rep (no imo). Shulk is number 1 on -->my<-- gross tier list. -->I<-- also feel we got enough swordsman in smash already. It's not Soul Calibur.

MooseSmuggler

NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Well aren't there better/other characters from Xenoblade IF Xenoblade needs rep (no imo). Shulk is number 1 on -->my<-- gross tier list. -->I<-- also feel we got enough swordsman in smash already. It's not Soul Calibur.
As I said, international bestseller. It's an incredible, award-winning game with plenty to offer in Smash.

And the "too many sword fighters" argument is such bs. Less than a quarter of the roster use a sword, and except for Lucina, they all use them differently and bring their own unique style to the game, which is what Sakurai is looking for, and which Shulk is more than capable of doing.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Barely anyone knew what RH was prior to Gematsu?

LOL
Not going to lie, I didn't know what RH was until I Google'd, "Chorus Men."

EDIT: I might've heard about the game, but I forgot all about it and never considered a character from that series until I learned more.

Last edited:

Exegguter

Smash Lord
As I said, international bestseller. It's an incredible, award-winning game with plenty to offer in Smash.

And the "too many sword fighters" argument is such bs. Less than a quarter of the roster use a sword, and except for Lucina, they all use them differently and bring their own unique style to the game, which is what Sakurai is looking for, and which Shulk is more than capable of doing.
Okay, but aren't there other characters other than Shulk that could represent Xenoblade?

Also how is the too many swordsmen bs if it's MY opinion? If I feel there are too many swordsmen in this game how is that bs? I even posted arrows in my post lmao.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Most Wanted:
1. K.Rool (amazingly important character that somehow hasn't been included yet and is from an underrepresented franchise)
2. Bomberman (Probably my most wanted 3rd party inclusion after Sonic got in)
3. Isaac (He has so many unique moves and an earth based moveset is missing from Smash.)
4. Mewtwo (Return of the king of Pokemon please)
5. Chibi-Robo (His series may be small but his design is just so freaking cute and he's been shown to fight before)

Least Wanted:
1. Paper Mario (Mario already has 5 reps and several extended reps. There are several more unique characters than another Mario)
2. Toon *insert LoZ char here* (see second half of the argument above^)
3. Chorus Men (Idk why but they seem like most people only started to care about them because of a certain leak)
4. Dark Pit (As much as I love the series, it doesn't need 3 characters and definitely doesn't need another Pit)
5. Krystal (Star fox is only 5 games strong. 4 Characters for 5 games would be major overkill)

MooseSmuggler

NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Okay, but aren't there other characters other than Shulk that could represent Xenoblade?

Also how is the too many swordsmen bs if it's MY opinion? If I feel there are too many swordsmen in this game how is that bs? I even posted arrows in my post lmao.
Shulk's the protagonist, why would they pick anyone else before him?

And the fact that it's your opinion by no means grants you immunity from being called out.

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
MOST WANTED:
  1. Geno: He's my favorite video game character of all time, and apparently other people like him, and are vocal enough to let it be known, I'm sure Sakurai knows about him. He's definitely not relevant, but he's got a cult following and a potential for a very unique moveset.
  2. K. Rool: Donkey Kong Country 1 and 2 are one of my top favorite games. Kaptain K. Rool in DKC2 is my favorite (If K. Rool got in Smash4, I'm confident he'd have his Kaptain outfit as a costume). I like him more than Bowser, and with various projectiles and close combat potential he could be another unique fighter on the roster!
  3. Ridley: He's really cool. The arguments against his inclusion are really just as good as the ones in favor of him. I simply like the character, and it would be nice to have more villains on the roster.
  4. Mewtwo: My favorite Pokemon, it broke my heart when Lucario replaced him, and it broke my heart seeing Lucario return. If we're still getting clones, and we are, it would be nice to have Mewtwo again. His original moveset is a variation of Lucarios, and I'd be happy if he returned the exact same.
  5. Mr. Game & Watch: He'll probably return, he was my main in Brawl and PM, but I'm a little worried since he appeared in the Pac-Man reveal, yet wasn't officially announced himself..
LEAST WANTED:
  1. Bandana Dee: He isn't as iconic as Dedede, Meta Knight or Kirby. He is an old enemy with a hat. I always thought they just threw a bandana on him to fill the 4th playable slot in recent games cause there wasn't really any other character. He's got a boring simple design, and I can't imagine him being unique enough to fit into Smash's roster. Apparently he's highly requested, I was indifferent to him before, but just hearing about him here annoys me. I would hate to see him take up a slot over any other character. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, and I won't argue or tell people their opinions are stupid (but I'll say it here, I think he is a stupid and boring choice)
  2. Daisy: She should just be a skin, what an awful idea to give her a slot!
  3. Shulk: He's kind of bland, the Monado is a bit refreshing compared to other sword users, but I'd rather see other characters get in well before he shows up.
  4. Dixie Kong: Diddy Clone, she could get a few variations in her moveset sure, but I wouldn't want to see her use up precious slot space either.
  5. Ghirahim/Chorus Kids: It's a tough choice between the two. just don't like Ghirahim enough to want him to appear in Smash. I want Ganondorf back. And the Chorus Kids I just don't want because of Gematsu, I want to be surprised.
Dark Pit is also an honorable mention for Least Wanted. After seeing him at the end of Palutena's trailer, he probably isn't using up a slot, a skin would be fine.

Last edited:

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Shulk's the protagonist, why would they pick anyone else before him?

And the fact that it's your opinion by no means grants you immunity from being called out.
That's your opinion man and I respect that. If Gematsu didn't excist he would probably be on number 3 with Takumaru and Lip :). But still on no. 1 for most NOT wanted for me.

Last edited:

Servine

Smash Cadet
Most wanted:
3: Isaac
2: Bandana Dee
1: Little Mac (he was confirmed, so yeah)
Least wanted (please don't kill me)
3: Ridley
2: Mewtwo
1: King K Rool

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
Most:
5. Paper Mario - so much potential to be a unique addition
4. Toon Zelda - I don't care if she's a clone, my main got NERF'D
3. Rhythm Heaven GBA Tutorial Drum Boy - a chance at getting a rhythm based fighter
2. Tap Trial Tap Dancer - a chance at getting a rhythm based fighter, but also one who only fights by kicking!
1. Well, since Robin is basically how I envisioned De'Mille and Clavat, but put together, I think my new most wanted is Pulseman - he could fight by charging up electricity the more he moves around the stage and uses it to become better, stronger, and faster.

Least:
4. Any clone that isn't a Zelda clone
3. Shulk
2. Dixie Kong
1. Takamaru, and boy am I relieved

Duck$mash

Smash Cadet
Most Wanted

with alt costume

1. Bowser Jr. Final Smash with his bros. and sis's. Koopa Kids.

2. Paper Mario, with Sticker Star design and texture. But maybe alt designed costumes from his previous game/s.

3. Venusaur. Because releasing a video showing SSBB's Ivysaur evolving into Venusaur for SSB4 would be great. Lots of hype, and great representation for Poke'mon. And because I want my only-quadruped fighter back in the game. And of course he will have his Mega-Evolution.

4. Mewtwo return. Definitely.

5. Geno would be cool. Chances seem slim to me.

Unwanted

1. Shulk. Whoever he is...

2. Ridley.

PolarisJunkie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PolarisJunkie
3DS FC
0361-7305-7321
Most Wanted:

5.) Squirtle: I'd love for the little guy to be back,even though I doubt he is. I loved playing as him as the Pokemon Trainer moreso than the other two.
4.) King K. Rool: A villian that def. deserves to be included in the game. DK def. deserves four reps IMO.
3.) Ness: Please reveal him T_T
2.) Dixie Kong: My most wanted female newcomer, I loved Dixie since I was little. Hair-Fu reminds me of Millia Rage from Guilty Gear and I'd love a playstyle associated with that.
1.) Toad/Captain Toad: I've wanted this guy forever, since the original smash. He is incredibly relevant in the Mario Universe, hugely popular in Japan and has a plethora of games to take moves from. His unique ability to walk on walls from Wario's Woods or even a moveset dedicated to Captain Toad. A Fighter that unintentionally fights and causes damage would be kind of adorable.

Least Wanted:
5.) Retro Characters: R.O.B., Game and Watch, etc. They never really did anything for me honestly.
4.) Snake: Never cared for the character and felt he didn't fit into the game at all. PS All Stars seems more fitting for him.
3.) Bandana Dee: Never really liked Kirby or his universe so seeing this guy getting so much love is bizarre to me. To each is own.
2.) Shulk: I've never played his game but his visual doesn't really thrill me honestly. I've never been too into anime characters or characters with a heavy anime look.
1.) Chorus Boys: No thank you. ><

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
Most Wanted
1. King K. Rool
2. Andy
3. Isaac
4. Shulk
5. Krystal/K.K. slider

Sheng Long

Smash Apprentice
Most Wanted:
5. Shulk: I never played Xenoblade Chronicles, but I heard it was a great game and having a futuristic swordsman in Smash would seem interesting I guess.
4. Isaac: Golden Sun is an amazing RPG series and Isaac is an assist trophy that definitely deserves to be upgraded. His moveset would also be unique as it would follow a magical earth swordsman style.
3. Bandana Dee: I am a huge Kirby fan and he should be in the game due to being an important character in the series now. His moveset would be like a combination of spear and parasol.
2. Simon Belmont/Bomberman: Basically a good Konami rep. I don't mind Snake however, but I do think that one of these 2 will be a better choice.
1. Lloyd Irving Travis Touchdown: Okay, Suda51 wants him in Smash and he's appeared in mainly Nintendo consoles. Plus, he is an amazingly funny character that fights with his trusty beam katana and wrestling moves.

Least Wanted:
5. Chorus Men: Hey, the guys are interesting and I would love to see them in Smash, but most people want him due to Gematsu and I really never cared about them beforehand.
4. Another Pokemon: I just don't want another Pokemon to take up a slot in the roster.
3. Paper Mario: I was never comfortable with the idea of having another variation of Mario in Smash. While he does seem like a nice addition and would fit, I personally would prefer if other characters took that spot instead.
2. Toon Zelda: She's going to be a Zelda clone and Tetra might be different, but no don't want.
1. Daisy: ...........No...... just no....... worst character ever recommended for Smash.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
My ordered lists go from (1) Highest to (5) Lowest.

Most Wanted

1. King K. Rool - Growing up with the games that King K. Rool is from really settles with me, he would have an awesome moveset and be an awesome villainous addition.
  2. Ridley - I always liked fighting him in the Metroid games that I played. His moveset would be ridiculously fun to play as.
  3. Isaac - Even though Shulk comes before Isaac in my signature I place Isaac before Shulk because I have played Golden Sun games and not Xenoblade Chronicles.
  4. Shulk - Even though I have not played Xenoblade Chronicles, I love new Nintendo IPs and Shulk would be an awesome addition with his Monado based moveset.
  5. Lip - Even though Krystal is in my signature Lip would be my choice since her moveset would be totally unique and I am curious how her moveset would pull off. She looks fun to play as.

Least Wanted
  1. Rayman - It is not from any dislike from Rayman that I don't want him in, but it comes from how Ubisoft has been treating Nintendo lately.
  2. Snake - I don't hate him, but I don't understand why he is in, since he is not supporting Nintendo at the moment and I think we are good on Third Party characters.
  3. Falco - I don't hate him, but I don't understand why he was added in the first place. He really doesn't do anything significant in his games and always felt odd as an addition to the game.
  4. Roy - I can understand that people like this character, but from what I piece together from the Fire Emblem fan base, it is that Roy is the least liked of all the Fire Emblem Lords. Since we have Lucina, Roy is not really needed.
  5. Ganondorf with C. Falcon's Moveset - Don't get me wrong, I hate how Ganondorf fights like Captain Falcon, but the characters I listed above far out weigh what I think of Captain Dorf.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Most wanted:
3: Isaac
2: Bandana Dee
1: Little Mac (he was confirmed, so yeah)
Least wanted (please don't kill me)
3: Ridley
2: Mewtwo
1: King K Rool
I love how for least wanted you literally picked some of if not the most heavily supported characters. Some others may hunt you down, I suggest you run.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
MOST
1. King K. Rool: Im a fan of big fat characters and villains (Dedede is my secondary in Brawl). And my OC looks like him. And the thread here is Smashboards was really convincing.
2. Ridley: Looks like he could be fun, but its more that I want to see how the great debate of Smash Bros. 4 will end. And I think Ridley being in would be a happier ending.
3. Krystal: I like her design and I think I'm a little furcurious (I like the furry characters, but never in any sexual way). And I wish we had more females that arent royalty magical space goddesses.
4. Princess Daisy: I dunno, l think I like her more now that she is being ignored in favor of Peach and Rosalina. And I want a more tomboyish, less graceful character. Also, sounds like a safe idea to make her a "Lucina" out of Peach.
5. Tetra: This spot had a lot of competitors but in the end I think Zelda deserves more reps over all the other ones and Wind Waker deserves more respect than just a clone. Also, she is a pirate, and in case K. Rool doesn't get his Kaptain attire, that is a quota that is yet to be filled.

LEAST
While there are characters that I really dont care about like Bandana Dee or Chorus Kids. Everyone is welcome to the world of Smash Brothers to me and I'm certain Sakurai can make any character suggested into something awesome.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Most Wanted :

5. Waddle Dee : I find him very cute, and much like Toad, I've been supporting him for a long long time. Thankfully Bandana Dee seems to be seen as the fourth most important character un the Kirby Series, so he has a chance
4. Captain Syrup / Mona : I believe Wario needs more representation. If the man himself represents Wario Ware, Syrup could represent the Wario Land / World games. Mona (and Ashley but she has been disconfirmed) is also a neat character who could have a wacky moveset.
3. Dixie Kong : Dixie is the most deserving female, one of the two most deserving characters of the DK franchise, a great pick and an interesting fighter. Also, she is popular, so it helps.
2. Krystal : Not a fan of her at first, but strangely enough I was always playing her in Assault, which is when I grew to like the character (especially her affinity with Barriers). She already has a moveset designed for her.
1. Toad : Toad is one of my favorite characters ever, 2nd favorite character after Peach in the Nintendo Universe, I've been supporting him ever since Melee, and I will continue to support him until he is playable.

Least Wanted :

5. I don't know... It's kinda hard to think of least wanted characters. I'll leave it at that.
4. Bayonetta : No, just no. I find nothing attractive about this character.
3. Shadow / Silver / Blaze : Really don't like the characters, especially the latter 2.
2. Tiny Kong / Funky Kong : I hate these two Kong with a passion.
1. Lakilulu & Lakilester : I know they will never happen, but I don't want to see their disgusting faces in SSB. They have already done a good job sullying Paper Mario.

Peterawr

Smash Cadet
Most wanted:

1 - PAPER MARIO.
So much potential, could be so unique, and comes with a plethora of items and assist trophy possibilities as well.

2 - Bomberman
He would be so cool. I had a blast playing his games when I was younger, it would be cool to see some representation

3 - Okami Wolf
So much potential here! I loved the game - I wish it was more well-known, as it's a phenomenal game.

4 - Dana from Solomon's Key
For a retro character, this would be perfect. Kind of a 'wtf' and 'who is that?' character, but he has a lot of interesting abilities and moves, and a lot of items and assist trophy possibilities.

5 - K. Rool
He's perfect for a new awesome heavy-weight character

Least wanted:

1 - Ridley
I honestly don't get the Ridley hype. Before coming on this forum, I had never envisioned him as a character, and still don't.

2 - Shadow
I don't see much of a unique move set - I mostly want characters who bring something different to the game

3 - Daisy
Same as above

4 - Any other character from pikmin
I was SO EXCITED for Olimar, and he is my main for brawl, but, same as above, I don't see anything other than a clone

5 - anyone else from fire emblem
I love fire emblem, I've played most of the games released in the US
But good god, we have enough characters from there now. Calm it down, Sakurai.

Spartiatis

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yerakitis
Most Wanted:
5. Shulk: I never played Xenoblade Chronicles, but I heard it was a great game and having a futuristic swordsman in Smash would seem interesting I guess.
4. Isaac: Golden Sun is an amazing RPG series and Isaac is an assist trophy that definitely deserves to be upgraded. His moveset would also be unique as it would follow a magical earth swordsman style.
3. Bandana Dee: I am a huge Kirby fan and he should be in the game due to being an important character in the series now. His moveset would be like a combination of spear and parasol.
2. Simon Belmont/Bomberman: Basically a good Konami rep. I don't mind Snake however, but I do think that one of these 2 will be a better choice.
1. Lloyd Irving Travis Touchdown: Okay, Suda51 wants him in Smash and he's appeared in mainly Nintendo consoles. Plus, he is an amazingly funny character that fights with his trusty beam katana and wrestling moves.

Least Wanted:
5. Chorus Men: Hey, the guys are interesting and I would love to see them in Smash, but most people want him due to Gematsu and I really never cared about them beforehand.
4. Another Pokemon: I just don't want another Pokemon to take up a slot in the roster.
3. Paper Mario: I was never comfortable with the idea of having another variation of Mario in Smash. While he does seem like a nice addition and would fit, I personally would prefer if other characters took that spot instead.
2. Toon Zelda: She's going to be a Zelda clone and Tetra might be different, but no don't want.
1. Daisy: ...........No...... just no....... worst character ever recommended for Smash.

I totally agree that Lloyd should be first because of the number of appearances he's made in nintendo and that it would make a new style of play because of his two weapons. Over all, Lloyd is a cool character who would represent an amazing franchise.

sandslash

Smash Apprentice
Most wanted
1. King K Rool
2. F zero character my choice (Pico)
3. Bomberman
4. Jigglypuff
5. Ivysaur

Least wanted
Most characters im open to, some i dont really care seeing as i don't play the games like Shulk and Snake. Also dont want characters i dont see adding a lot toward playstyle like shadow. I do want to be suprised however so any thing besides shulk for me is a suprise. I think we have one maybe two trailers left and I think shulk as got easily the best chance to get in.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
My opinions have changed following a couple of reveals and support:

Most Wanted:
1) Paper Mario
2) King K. Rool
3) Bandana Dee
4) Chibi-Robo
5) Porky Minch

not gonna answer the least wanted but characters I'm indifferent toward include Ridley and Shulk, don't hate em but would be fine if they made it in.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Most Wanted
Dixie Kong.
She could be unique.Using her hair as a whip and she is more agile than dk and diddy so she would be faster.
4.Bandana Dee
He's badass and would a great addition to the kirby roster.His spear could be use for long range and as a up recover
3.Isaac
HE could be a mix of swordsmanship and magic.Sorta like Robin but his magic can last longer.
2.Dark Pit.
Wait before you guys start saying clone hear me out first.You know how pit is pretty much a long range fighter.A lot of moves comes from long range.Well Dark pit can be a melee fighter.All up and your face power.Now that would be nice.
1.Ridley
Come on now probably the second scariest villian in nintendo history.Ganon/Ganondorf has that locked.He would have a airset moveset but suck on the ground.Would be about bower size.He would be fast damn fast.

LEast wanted
5.Slippy toad
i have not and will not understand why people want this guy in.He's would literally be a joke character to a franchise that people already see as a joke
4.Chrom
I know hes deconfrimed and all but people need to stop trying.Chrom is not getting in eve not.No matter how hard you try for dlc there's no way he's getting in so give up.
3.Duck hunt dog
NO
2.Chrous kids
Rhythm heaven does deserve a rep but not from the kids.KArate joe would be better suited.Manily because the kids would end up like rosalina and ice climbers and do we really need 3 characters with the same gimick
1.Toad
He useless and of discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom