• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top 5 Most Wanted and Least Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

StrangeTamer

Smash Cadet
Most Wanted
5. Ray MK or any other model of him
I think Custom Robo is a pretty underrated series and if it was to get a representative it would do a great job of making the franchise more popular, and just think about it, from a trophy to an assist trophy to a playable character, that's a pretty cool journey. His moveset has a TON of potential and considering the emphasis on customization this time around, which character fits the role better than a Custon Robo fighter? I also believe he would fit into the chaotic and diverse atmosphere of Smash Bros.
Again, his franchise isn't the most popular, so I don't have high hopes for him, and if he does get in I see him as an unlockable fighter since his reveal wouldn't cause the most hype, but overall his inclusion would make me very happy.

4. Ganondorf revamp
I was going to say Ghirahim but with Zelda already having 5 (Ganondorf is inevitable) slots I'm not sure it having 6 would be likely (unless Mario gets another), even just for my wishlist.
Basically I want Ganondorf to have a totally new moveset, being a clone of Captain Falcon is pretty pathetic. This is a pretty popular demand, I can see it happening, but I can also see it not happening. I'm holding onto the theory that Sakurai is waiting to make an official announcement concerning him having a completely updated set, similar to how Yoshi wasn't announced until the Smash Bros direct so they could show off his new upright stance.
If it happens, great. If it doesn't, oh well, minor disappointment on my part.

3. Paper Mario
Yeah, I know, the biggest complaint about him is that it is highly believed he will be a clone. He doesn't deserve a spot because he's "just another Mario". But the most interesting thing about Paper Mario is that he has the potential to be either one of the most unique and interesting characters or one of the most bland and wasteful ones. I don't think his treatment would be like Link because of a simple reason: Link and Toon Link are essentially the same character, they play the same whether it's Ocarina of Time or Wind Waker, they are identical besides their appearance. Paper Mario is entirely different from regular Mario, he uses his hammer, he has access to different partners for moves. Play Super Mario, play Paper Mario, they aren't the same. Paper Mario playing like regular Mario in Smash Bros would just be awkward and wouldn't do his character justice. If he's a clone, by all means hate him, but don't overlook him for what he potentially can be, give him a shot! I mean think about how cool a Paper Mario stage would be, or simply the fact that there would be another 2D character, and then there's the argument that Mario would be overepped. I think 6 would be the maximum amount for a series if at all, and the only real competition Paper Mario really has is Bowser Jr. imo. Even then, they could separate Paper Mario into his own division like Wario and Yoshi did. If you think 4 games isn't enough though fine I'll accept that reasoning.
His chances I say are pretty slim, but undoubtedly he would make for a great character if he gets in considering how well Sakurai has been handling the newcomers. Unless he's a clone. Then he would suck.

2. Ridley
First of all I hate the size argument. Practically every Ridley argument on the internet is just
"Ridley's too big"
"No he isn't"
"Yes he is"
"No he isn't"
"Yes he is"
"No he isn't"
"Yes he is"
"No he isn't"
"Yes he is"
Moving along, Ridley could preform great aerials, he's just about the only Metroid newcomer that would make sense at this point, and bring the total up to a not-too-shabby 3 slots, he's a unique character both design-wise and with abilities, and frankly I just want to see the reactions that would occur if he was to be confirmed, both from the supporters and the non-supporters.
Also there's the thing about his shadow being shown at the Pyrosphere during the direct and that this was either a master troll or Ridley fans are becoming delusional. With that, my expectations are at 50%.

1. King K. Rool
Well what can I say, he's perfect for Smash. He's easily one of the most popular choices, he would give the roster another great villain, and he's a bulky, kooky reptilian that gives him a unique type of character. He also has quite a few potential costumes. Donkey Kong only has 2 representatives right now, and with Dixie Kong more relevant and almost making it into Brawl, she just might ruin King K. Rool's chances. I definitely believe AT LEAST one of them will get in. I want King K. Rool more and would be pretty upset if Dixie Kong got in over him, but if both of them got in, well that would be pretty awesome. The Kremlins appearing in Smash Run boosts some of my confidence.
Overall, King K. Rool is my #1 spot because of how disappointed I would be if he didn't get in.
Do I expect Ridley to get in? Not really, but he would be fun.
Do I expect Paper Mario to get in, and do I expect him to play as I want to? No, him getting in is a dream at this point.
Most of my wishes aren't the most popular and they aren't the most likely, but King K. Rool is an exception. He seems to me like one of the most likely to be confirmed, and it would be amazing to see him after being excluded from the recent DK games, to see his costumes brought back, and to see a cool stage inspired from him. Him getting in would make me elated, and of everyone else on my list, he'd make me saddest to not see on the final roster.

Least Wanted
I don't hate these characters and them getting in wouldn't necessarily upset me, but they're just characters I'm not really hyped for at all.
5. Toad
Really, I don't see him fitting in Smash well at all. In a game about Nintendo's All-Stars, I see Toad and think "meh". You could say this is hypocritical of me because I want Paper Mario who arguably is a lot less likely than Toad, but I have a hard time seeing a good moveset for Toad. There's also Bowser Jr. who I think is the next most deserving Mario character. I guess this also speaks for other Mario characters like Waluigi and Daisy I don't like seeing on wishlists. There are some Toad fans here though so I won't be too hateful of him.

4. Dark Pit
Should he be an alt costume? Yes. Should he get his own slot? No. He's destined to be a clone. Ok yeah this may also hypocritical of me because of me wanting Paper Mario but you can play as Dark Pit at some point in Kid Icarus Uprising and see he plays exactly the same as Pit.

3. Any 3rd party character that isn't Snake
With 3 3rd party characters already confirmed, I personally believe 4 should be the limit, and since Snake already got in before, I think he deserves to return. Sakurai said himself he doesn't want to lose focus of Nintendo's All-Stars, so with all of the 3rd party suggestions exploding across the internet, it can get a little annoying. I can understand if someone wants a different character from Konami, since Snake could potentially be removed (I hope this isn't the case, though), but I doubt any character could top Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-Man.

2. Another 3rd party character from the same company
Really?

1. Tingle
WHY
I get Skull Kid, I get Midna, but Tingle? HE'S TINGLE.
I guess they could make a moveset for him, and they could make him work yeah, but I don't want him at all and I prefer any other Zelda newcomer.

Last edited:

JFM2796

Smash Journeyman
Most Wanted
  1. King K. Rool - Smash is noticeably lacking in villains, and K. Rool would fulfill that quota while also adding a newcomer to a series that has been grossly underrepresented since Melee, and who's only playable characters have been Monkeys. His insane personality would lead to glorious facial expressions along the lines of Dedede. This particular installment of Smash so far has had few newcomers from older than ten years or so, the only non third party one being Little Mac. Seeing as the SNES era is now as old as the NES era was when Melee came out, it seems reasonable to start pulling characters from that point as retro reps as well. Gameplay-wise, K. Rool would be the only heavyweight newcomer so far. In addition, he would be unique in the fact that he is a heavyweight with many projectiles, the only other being Snake, who's chances aren't looking so good these days.
  2. Ganon - Ganondorf in his pig form would serve the purpose of being another villain while also representing the classic Zelda games, who have always been neglected in the Smash series. He would be a heavyweight, something no newcomer so far has been. He would have a unique weapon in the form of a Trident, which would separate him from character with swords and whatnot in that his normals/tilts would be more have more stabs rather than swings. He could also use magic to some degree, and could use his teleport ability as a recovery move. His inclusion would also serve to balance out the number of playable Triforce wielders in the roster. Unfortunately, he doesn't look particularly likely.
  3. Sceptile - Firstly, I don't consider Sceptile very likely at all or even deserving, but he was my first Pokemon, so it is entirely bias that makes me want him in the game. The Pokemon type triangle theory is more important than a lot of people give credit for. Grass-Fire-Water is an integral part of the Pokemon series. It is one of the first things new players are taught, and it complements the sense of balance that the series always heavily focuses on. However, seeing as this is the only real evidence in his favor, with the Hoenn remakes coming out way too late to have any effect on the roster, the fact that Greninja was settled on late in development, (with the slot "Pokemon from X and Y" being reserved) means that the pattern only would have appeared after the roster had been finalized. Which is a shame, seeing as now we have no character that will use nature based attacks with Ivysaur likely gone.
  4. Ridley - I've never played any Metroid game, so I am relatively unbiased. I think that Metroid is deserving of a newcomer, especially seeing as Fire emblem is likely getting a new one. The best choice from what I understand is Ridley, and he also fits the villain quota. Plus, it'll get people to shut up about him.
  5. Toad - I just want him so that everyone from Mario Kart 64 is playable. Is that too much to ask?
Least Wanted
  1. Tingle - I'm amazed that there is anybody who likes him anyway. He tries to bleed rupees/force gems out of you any chance he gets. He would just be taking a spot from a Zelda character who is just better and not a complete douche who enslaves his brothers, such as Ganon, Impa, Vaati, hell even Ghirahim!
  2. Daisy - I know there isn't much support for her anyway, but seriously? Just be happy Peach has a texture for her. There are a million better Mario characters and you pick this one?
  3. Krystal - I'm against her more because Starfox already has more than enough characters, and I do not want to give up Falco or Wolf for her. I would be less opposed if DK was at four characters and Metroid was at three. I don't even really get why she has so much support. I played Star Fox Assault like six years ago I think and I enjoyed it well enough, but I don't remember her doing anything of notice.
  4. Bandana Dee - Nothing personal against the little guy, but I just think Kirby has enough characters right now. Similarly with Krystal, if other underrepresented franchises were at a suitable number of characters I would be less opposed, but as is? No.
  5. Waluigi - I'm fairly certain the only reason he gets as much support as he does is because people with OCD feel like he's missing from the puzzle; like we need all the Mario Brothers playable. But when the only reason a character exists is so that another character can have a tennis partner, I think said character is not very deserving.

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman
I'm only going to talk about characters that have legitimate fanbases here
Pac-Man probably would have been Number 3, but he is confirmed now
MOST WANTED

5) Reggie- Yeah, I know alot of people don't want him, and I know his chances are zero now that Miis are a thing, but ever since the whole petition thing came about, I've really given him thought, and he seriously would be a hilarious edition. Nintendo could poke so much fun at themselves with the inclusion, and Reggie has enough jokes surrounding him to make up a whole moveset. I know it's an impossibility due to legal stuff in case he leaves the company, but I can't deny my love for the Regginator

4) Ridley- I've never actually played any Metroid games, but Ridley is a character I hope gets in, because Metroid needs more representation. We currently have Samus... twice. Metroid is considered one of Nintendo's biggest franchises, yet it has poor representation. Ridley would be an awesome character, adding villain diversity, and a new playstyle. I could see him as an opposite to Little Mac: Bad on the Ground, Great in the air. I still think he has a small chance, but it's fading

3) Paper Mario- The only Paper Mario game I've played is probably the least popular one... Super Paper Mario, but that was enough for me to get hooked on the character. He would be incredibly unique, using Pixels, the hammer, and other stuff from other Paper Mario games. The series is popular, and there is enough depth for him to be nothing like Regular Mario

2) Mewtwo- I'm a huge Pokemon fanatic, and seeing Mewtwo in Melee was like a dream come true. It was such a shame that he was taken out. People say he would play very similiarly to Lucario, but they could tweak him to play totally different, perhaps making him more range based, as he is a Special Attacker. Mewtwo is probably the second most popular pokemon in existence behind Charizard, so there is definitely a chance, but since Lucario and Greninja are in the game, his hopes aren't looking the greatest

1) King K. Rool- I absolutely adore the original Donkey Kong Country games, and it's a shame that K. Rool has been swept under the rug by Nintendo of late. No he is not owned by Rare guys. Easily the best villain in the series, and would make for an awesome character. I could see him being very zany and expressive like Dedede. There is so much moveset potential, and alternate costume potential, that I can't put him anywhere else but number 1

LEAST WANTED

5) Chrom- I THINK he will be in the game (I'm a firm believer in Gematsu being real), but really, I don't want him. I'm not very far into FE: Awakening, and I do quiet like Chrom, but we don't need three Blue Haired, Sword Fighters from the same series in the same game. It's unnecessary. Chrom would probably be in the middle of Marth and Ike in terms of playstyle, but I'd rather get someone unique in the game, rather than just a compromise between two existing characters

4) Krystal- No thanks, Star Fox should focusing on diversifying the three characters it already has in the game from each other before they go adding a fourth rep. She's not even all that well received, as Star Fox Adventures (Stair Fax Temperatures), the game she debuted in, is considered the Other M of it's series.

3) Bandana Dee- This guy has a lot of requests, and I don't care how many people say he is more than just a regular enemy, at the end of the day, he is still a Waddle Dee, and nothing will ever change that. Kirby doesn't need more characters, and if we start using regular enemies with special abilities, we are really starting to hit rock-bottom for character choices. Sure he is probably the most prominent character outside of Kirby, Dedede, and Meta Knight, but nobody said Kirby is guaranteed a fourth rep.

2) Geno- Never understood why this guy was so highly requested, he appeared in one game on the SNES as a side character. He's not even owned by Nintendo. If I want a third-party character, it better be a damn good one, not a side character from one Mario spin-off. He's so off the radar, yet everyone wants him in. He doesn't even seem terribly interesting to me

1) Goku- I know he has no real chance at making it into the game, but the amount of support he gets on Miiverse has single-handedly ruined the entire service for me

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
5) Shulk - Shulk is a great character from a great game and would be unique. Plus his Manado looks pretty badass.
4) The Chorus Men - A VERY unique choice, and a music based character would be bitchin'
3) King K. Rool - Always wanted him. WHO WOULDN'T?!
2) Sora - Ok, here me out. I love KH. He'd be a great fit if only owned by Nintendo. Plus, those Keyblade combos. And it looks badass too.
1) Takamaru - Because SAMURAI who looks to kick some ass.

HugoBoss

Smash Journeyman
Top 5 Most Wanted Newcomers. In no particular order
5.Ridley
4.Issac
3.King K Rool
2.Ray MK III
1.Mach Rider

Most Wanted Veteran: Mewtwo

Honorable Mentions:Robin, Mike Jones, Takamura, Inkling, Daroach, Paper Mario, Shulk, Dixie Kong

No List for Least wanted for now. Descriptions coming eventually.

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
Most Wanted

1. King K. Rool - He absolutely deserves it at this point.

2. Solid Snake - Too unique a moveset to remove. Part of what makes his inclusion so lovable for me is how much he -doesn't- fit in.

3. Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik - It won't happen. It will never happen. But he contributes so well to a moveset and I'd finally get to see a face-off between him and Bowser.

4. Duck Hunt Dog - That taunt. Also makes for an extremely "weird" character in playstyle, something akin to Wario (who I love playing as).

5. One of Tetra or Captain Syrup - A pirate-themed moveset is something we haven't yet seen that would absolutely be welcome in Smash.

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
Most wanted: Just King K.Rool. That's it, really. So long as he gets his Rareware design.

Least wanted: Every third party character ever. Every time I see Pac-Man's face I think of this:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Most Wanted Newcomer:

5) Professor Layton
He could be very interesting, with his sword, his machine gun and all the other gadgets he uses in his games.

4)Captain Toad
Toad deserve a place in Smash Bros more than Bowser Jr. or Waluigi, and he would be very interesting. Also, the captain had a new game this year, so he is the most probably Toad to join the fight in Smash 4 (or 5).

3)Takamaru
Would be a really interesting addition,as we don't have a Samurai in the roster. Plus, he had a lot of tricky gadgets that can make him an unique character.

2)King K. Rool
He is one of my favorite villain. C'mon, he wants a genocyde of kongs just for his sake for bananas!

1)Tharja or Anna
I think that thoose girls could be more unique than the generic "blue haired swordfighter" Fire Emblem rappresentation. Sadly, Chrom will be probably be in the game, and I don't see FE grow to 4...maybe as DLC.

S) Mewtwo
I didn't put him in the main list because he is a veteran, but he is the character I most want for Smash 4.

Least Wanted
5) Snake
I loved him in Brawl, and I am one of the small group of people who thinks that he fitted the Brawl roster. I don't want to see him back because of Konami's bad comportament in front of Nintendo (Kojima had stated that MGS V will not be on Ii U because they can't think a way to use the GamePad, but they can think at implemention of Smartphone and Google Glasses).
If some MGS comes out, I would change my mind, but even Sony had stated "MGS is a Sony Trademark"...

4)2nd Sonic Character
I don't see the need. Why Sonic should grow to 2? It is still a TP franchise.

3)Ghiraim
He isn't a memorable villain. He just do wathever Demise says him to do, and SS isn't even the most recent Zelda anymore. He had the same chances as Yuga, or maybe even less than him/her

2) Ridley
I love him, and this is because I don't want to see him resized just for the sake of having him playable. One of my favorite moments of Ridley was when he caught Samus and smashed her on the wall in Brawl. I would be very disappointed if Sakurai resized him just because someone (who doesn't understand the real value of Ridley) want a ridiculous little version of Ridley.

1) Geno
I've played SMRPG, and I can't understand why he is so request. I can think at least 100 characters that deserves that spot more than him. I also really doubt we will ever see him as a SE rep, because TP choose characters that RAPPRESENT them. Geno isn't even from a SE Ip! It's just like to want Goku or Naruto!

Last edited:

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Most Wanted

5. Lucina
4. Eevee
3. Ghirahim
2. Robin
1. Shulk

Least Wanted

5. Issac
4. Chrom
3. Dixie Kong
2. Impa
1. Ridley

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
Most Wanted

5. King K. Rool
4. Petey Piranha
3. Ridley
2. Louie
1. Plasm Wraith

Least Wanted

5. Mewtwo
4. Takamaru
3. Another Kid Icarus character
2. Krystal
1. Daisy

Geno Boost

Smash Master
5-we need more villans and making ridley big in SSB4 would be better he is was in every Metroid game he is 1 of the best villan in Nintendo history
4-ROY OUR BOY!!! he is the best on project M and he was planned for SSBB there is a high chance for making him DLC :(
3-he was planned for SSBB and every one wants him back he is the most powerful pokemon and he did get a movie and mega evolve
2-we need a golden sun rep and every one who played this game did wanted Isaac in SSB4
1-he is the best choise for a square enix rep and his history with Nintendo he was created in a game that Nintendo did team up with square he is old school charcter and sakurai likes old charcters was one of the most requested in brawl and he is fan favorite it could be the only chance to bring him back in a game. Nintendo did asked square enix to use him in MLSSS and super Mario-kun so why not asking again square enix will only use him in Nintendo games
now the most HATED
5-slime....why just why he is weird he doesn't have hand and feet how can he fight I know he appear in Mario game but adding him in SSB4 would make a lot of people angry and he is only popular in japan
4-sora JUST BECAUSE HE DID APPEARED IN A NINTENDO GAME DOSNT MEAN HE SHOULD BE IN SSB4 AND HE IS NOT POPULAR ON NINTENDO HE IS JUST POPULAR IN PS4 AND HE IS OWNED BY BOTH DISNEY AND SQUARE ENIX ADDING HIM IS SO HARD!!!!!!!!
3-2nd sonic charcter 1 CHARCTER EACH COMPANY WE DONT NEED A 2nd SONIC CHARCTER FOR A 3rd PARTY REP
2-steve HE NEVER APPEARED ON NINTENDO GAME
1-anime charcter ITS A NINTENDO GAME!!!

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Alright, let's do this, with updated opinions!

Of the potential newcomers that are left (That I want most):

5. Chorus Kids: I'm actually really excited to see such a concept brought into Smash. a rhythm-based character based on those hilarious dudes from Rhythm Heaven? I love everything about their design, and hope Gematsu was simply outdated info. I'd accept another Rhythm heaven character too, but I just really love the Chorus Kids' design.

4. Mewtwo: It's time for him to come back. What we've seen lately from Pokemon has done nothing to diminish his importance or notoriety in the series. I mean seriously, he's one of two Pokemon, the other being Charizard (already playable) to get two mega evolutions. And Sakurai knows people want him. It's time.

3. K. Rool: If my avatar wasn't an indication, I was born and bred a Rareware fan. Everything they did during their Golden Age, every single game resonates with me in some special way. And since I can't have a certain character, the other major want is DK's main villain, and someone who's been close to my heart almost forever. I never will forget the day I finally got to Kaptain K. Rool (I played DKC2 first when I was a kid.), and there's so much they can do with him. C'mon, Sakurai, now is the time!

2. Ridley: This is less for myself and more for everyone else. Personal preference is K. Rool first, but I want almost nothing (that's why he's #2) more than to see the hardcore Ridley fans vindicated for the years and years of ignorance and obnoxious attitudes they've been slapped with. Not to say they're perfect either, but the number of people who want Ridley is so astronomically large, and to not see those dreams realized yet is a shame. (I'm also looking forward to seeing what he does.)

1. Shulk: Kinda funny how a character from a game so new can beat out K. Rool (and Ridley, for all of his reasons) on my list. That's just how much I liked Xenoblade though, and how much the game and characters resonated with me. It's a series that I hope has a bright future with Nintendo, and one way to best help that along is to put a character from said series in Smash. Plus, Shulk is awesome, Xenoblade's music and locations are awesome, the Monado is awesome, and everything the character could bring is interesting and unique. Let's do this, Sakurai!

(Oh, also, Honorable Mentions go to Takamaru and Simon Belmont)

Alright, now for Least. Now, to preface this, these are my opinions, and I can always understand WHY something is enjoyed by someone. Some things just aren't for me, and I'd prefer other things get in before them.

5. Roy: We have 4 Fire Emblem characters, and if we got Roy, he'd likely be added as another last minute Marth clone, and Lucina is perfectly fine for that role. Anyone who really wants Roy, aside from a couple of them, has probably never played his actual game. He's a horrible unit, especially for a Lord, and I only found his game passable partly because of how much he'd bog it down. He only gets a little better later on, and in general his character is super bland and uninteresting. The only thing he has that Marth doesn't have his red hair and fire. Yay?

4. Bowser Jr. : Look, we've already gotten one more, arguably much more interesting (and my personal favorite) Mario character addition this game. I also expect Dr. Mario and Dr. Luigi are alt characters for Mario and Luigi. Isn't that enough, especially when all DK characters, Wario and Yoshi can all be considered part of the greater Mario Universe? Honestly.

3. Duck Hunt Dog: Just...ehhh... I suppose there's only one rep Duck Hunt could have other than the actual Ducks, but to pick this over someone like Takamaru or Mach Rider, who could have (in my opinion) much more generally-interesting series revivals, and just have a better aesthetic, just...bugs me. It's just a laughing dog who appears for a split second to mock you. I'm not sure how this is playable character material. At least ROB and Mr. Game and Watch had playable incarnations prior to their inclusion.

2. Lip: I just...can't say I've ever understood why people like Lip so much. She's only appeared in one game (of her own. Yes, yes Captain Rainbow.) that never came stateside, and her last potential game got crushed by the Poke-Fever. I don't mean to assume, but I don't see much appeal unless you're someone who likes Lolis, and frankly, there's alot of other female characters we could choose, and Sakurai seems to be choosing alot of those choices for Smash 4, while, as I understand it, the Lip's Stick is an item again. I dunno, for such a small and unknown character, her popularity seems outrageous and I've never understood it. And I've tried, I really have.

1. Krystal: I'm sure you're thinking "But Banjodorf, you love Rare, and they created her!" I do love Rare, at least Nintendo Rare, more than any game-related thing in the entire world/history. (Although Xenoblade's gotten pretty close to my heart...) However, I'll always remember Starfox Adventures for being the last new thing (read: non-port) that Rare did for Nintendo before they got swallowed up by that den of lies and evil. Any time I think of Starfox Adventures, it reminds me of the buyout era, and it always depresses me. Adding to that that I don't really like Krystal's design, and never have, found the game passable and her character...meh, it just doesn't make me feel good about people wanting her in Smash. Plus, Starfox already has it's most popular characters, and doesn't have enough games or notoriety to warrant 4 characters. Sorry, guys.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I think I already commented on this, but I have another idea:

1. Falco- he's my favorite non confirmed veteran at this point.
2. Krystal- She's my most wanted newcomer
3. Captain Toad/Bowser Jr.- one or the other, preferably Toad just because he deserves it more and would add more variety.
4. King K. Rool- He seriously deserves it more than any newcomer at this point
5. Blaziken/Sceptile/Grovyle/Whatever- I love Hoenn and it warrants a character since it was screwed over last time and this is probably its last chance.

(honorable mentions: R.O.B., Mr. Game & Watch, Samurai Goroh)

Least wanted:
1. Dark Pit- Just no.
2. Takamaru- Please no.
3. Shulk/any Xenoblade characters- Oh come on, no.
4- Girahim- No.
5. Bayonetta- Sure.... no.

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
Welp Robin was confirmed for Smash 4, so one of my most wanted was already confirmed, but if I were to choose five that Haven't been added yet....

Runner ups: Phoenix Wright and Professor Layton (It's be cool to have them in smash, but it's not very likely and Phoenix has already been in a different fighting game. Though I suppose people could think that's a better reason for him to be in.)

5. Ridley (Throwing Metroid fans a bone here. I don't play the games but I understand Ridley's importance to Samus and the arguments for why he could feasibly be in smash.)

4. Shulk (Give Xenoblade a boost with X coming down the pipes, this is the best way to do it.)

3. Crystal (Yeah most people may not like any of the newer star fox games, but krystal never seemed like a bad inclusion and I even liked her in assault. Besides, Peppy actually retiring makes sense. Let the old guy rest. Also could we see her use dinosaurs while Falco maybe uses the Arwing for a final smash instead of more landmasters? That'd be cool)

2. Matthew and Sveta from Golden Sun: Dark Dawn (This is a duo, admittedly two character. They were my favorite characters in Dark Dawn, and make such a cute couple in a way. I'm still praying for Dark Dawn to have a sequel which was teased at the end of the game and Dark Dawn was SO GOOD why isn't it acknowledged!)

1. Banjo + Kazooie (TAKE THEM BACK! GET THEM BACK FROM MICROSOFT NINTENDO! THE BEAR AND BIRD ARE SO MUCH BETTER WITH NINTENDO AT THEIR BACKS! BUY IT FROM RARE I DON'T CARE, THESE TWO SHOULD BE SMASHERS!)

Now for the least favorites. Time to make people hate me.

5. Mewtwo (With Lucario being back, I'd want Jigglypuff returning as a vet before I even bothered thiniking about mewtwo, and Pokemon already will have five reps by then. I'd prefer a sixth rep to be a grass type starter to fill out the types instead of Mewtwo.)

4. Rythm Heaven rep (Sorry, but Wii Fit Trainer is already jokey enough of a character that I don't need another one. Especially when R.O.B. was actually really fun to play and I haven't seen him back as of yet.)

3. Roy (Never saw why people wanted him back so much, and ESPECIALLY here in america where Roy's game never game to, it just makes no sense to see him back. I think it's just people recallin that he was in smash and should come back rather than actually wanting him.)

2. Snake (He's not a nintendo property, and is released on PS4 and XBOXone so him being in smash makes too little sense for him to return. He was a fun out of left field play, but also a confusing one for what should be another nintendo console member such as Shulk. Unless they plan to buy Solid Snake enitrely.)

1. Sora or Riku from Kingdom Hearts (Same issue as Solid snake. While I like them as characters they are out of place in a nintendo fighting game when most of their content is Solidly on other consoles. Heck even birth by sleep was on PSP instead. Nintendo gets all of the relatively bad KH spin-off titles.)

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
[quote="GunGunW, post: 17155900, member: 244477"3. Shulk/any Xenoblade characters- Oh come on, no.[/quote]

What on earth do you have against Xenoblade? I mean really, there's no reason for it not to get a rep, seeing as how it's one of Nintendo's rising star IP's.

BunnyBoy1337

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3265-5888-7478
I'm doing my top 3 instead of 5, because that's how I roll!
Wants:
1. Maxwell - We need another rep who's technically 3rd party, but originated from a Nintendo system (like Megaman). So why not this imagination-powered kid with the ability to write anything into existence? Scribblenauts FTW!
Maxwell Writes In!
2. Rabbid - Because Rayman is already a trophy, and also the same reason as above.
Rabbid Bwaahs Into Battle!
3. Mona - We need another Wario rep. NOW.
Mona Delivers!
Do NOT Wants:
1. Any 4th party character, especially Goku and Shrek.
2. Ridley, because he'd do better as a boss.
3. Angry Bird - No, just no.

Booster

Smash Lord
5: Shulk, I don't know why people hate the though of him being in the game so much

4: Goku, my opinion don't judge. He has an amazingly wide variety of moves they could choose to use for him, if Wii Fit Trainer made it, Goku has a pretty good shot

3: Solid Snake, don't ask, you know why.

2: Mewtwo, Project M has shown there is a fanbase for this character

1: Ganondorf with a Moveset based on his games

DO NOT WANTS (Includes characters who haven't been announced, characters who have been announced I don't want after this)

5: Another Sonic character, oh please not another Sonic character

4: Rabbids (Sorry BunnyBoy, but these assholes got Rayman 4 cancelled)

3: More Mario characters, when you have over 10 ****ing representatives, SOMEBODY has to step in and say "That's enough, this serious is over represented, 3 characters is pushing it"

2: Krystal. Moderators have requested me not to go into such graphic detail with delicate source material like this, send me a Private Message if you want to know why Krystal should never be in a game again and you must not report whatever I say

1: Ganondorf still being a piss poor quality clone like he has been. Enough said.

Most Unwanted (Characters who are confirmed my opinions don't judge):

5: Lucina and Robin, gonna count this as 1 since they both ****ed Chrom's chances of being in the game, not to mention their character models look lifeless and rushed, like Food Fight

4: Pacman, I know it makes sense he's here, but considering how piss poor his games have gotten and how ****ty his cartoon is, he should be retired from videogames. I DO have one good thing to say: THANK GOD he's using his Pacman World 2 Model and not that awful cartoon's model

3: Sonic the ****ing Hedgehog. It was amusing to see him in Brawl, but does he really need to be in this one too? OF COURSE NOT, he was terrible in Brawl, but the novelty of the whole thing was to be able to do a three way death match between Mario, Sonic and Solid Snake

2: Marth and Ike, these guys are the most irrelevant characters in the games, when was the last time they were in any games BESIDES as DLC or in a remake? They shouldn't be here...

1: Wii Fit Trainer. Enough said.

MooseSmuggler

NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
@ Booster Booster I feel like Shulk has more supporters than detractors. And most of the arguments against him are uninformed and blatantly biased (too many sword users? There's no quota. Can't be unique? Person hasn't played the game for more than 5 minutes. Third party? Haha no, he's not). It's amusing really.

Stop by the Shulk thread if you get a chance

Anyway, I'll shut up, unless I see something that needs to be addressed ;)

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
I've said my most wanted in another thread, but here's my least wanted

5. Ghirahim
4. Ghirahim
3. Ghirahim
2. Ghirahim
1. Ghirahim

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I think we should calm down a little bit about people not wanting Shulk... there are more people who want him than don't want him, so there's no reason to worry.

candyissweet

Smash Apprentice
I probably won't go to least-wanted because to some people that would go as far as Spongebob or George Washington. DX

Top 5 most wanted:

5. Maxwell from Scribblenauts - Eh....not gonna happen because we've already got way too many third-party reps, but I am a Scribblenauts fan and I would actually be very happy if he actually made it in.
4. Shulk from Xenoblade - I'll admit that I've never played Xenoblade before, but I think Shulk would be a good addition. AND DON'T YOU THINK I'M FOLLOWING GEMATSU BECAUSE I AM 100% AGAINST.
3. Bandana Dee from Kirby - I figure Bandana Dee is enough of a major character that he is, even though he is unarguably the easiest boss in Ultra. I also think he has a really high chance of being playable since King Dedede only throws Gordos now.
2. Isaac from Golden Sun - Isaac actually has a really good chance since there are so many Golden Sun fans. He would also be a perfect fit for Smash Bros and I really enjoyed playing the Golden Sun games.
1. Claus from Mother 3 - He is unlikely to actually make it into the game, but if he did make it in, I would definitely main him since Mother is my favorite video game of all time and Claus is my favorite character from that series.

Everest

Smash Cadet
My most wanted newcomers :

5. Dillon : I would have love to see him being an actual fighter instead of an AT but I guess it's a bit too late...
4. Shulk : Xenoblade was one of my favourite RPG ever so if I could get Shulk in SSB I would be sooo happy. And a Xenoblade stage could be really awesome by the way.
3. Pr. Layton : I'm not a huge fan of the Layton serie. Still they are good games with great OST, interesting characters and beautiful landscapes and cities. But more importantly, Pr. Layton is probably the most popular new IP on the NDS, making Layton a character really representative of the NDS era.
2. Vlad : Like Little Mac, he was an AT in SSBB and I have the feeling he deserves to be more. A swordsman who can use plants and earth based magic is rare.
1. Chorus Kids : I don't know if anybody believe in the Sal Romano leak anymore, but when I saw it I immediatly thought that a newcomer from the Rhythm Paradise games would be a GREAT addition to the roster of Smash 4.

I don't have a list of my least wanted newcomers but globaly I'd rather get characters from IP never seen in SSB than new characters from a serie which was already in the previous game (Fire Emblem, I'm looking at you)

Last edited:

DoubleDeeEddBoy

Smash Cadet
NNID
DoubleDeeEddBoy
3DS FC
0834-0608-8884
Most wanted:
6. Marshal (Rhythm Heaven Fever) - I believe a Rhythm Heaven rep would be awesome and the most likely is Marshal. Not only is he adorable, but he could have rhythm based moves and a gimmick that relies on rhythm.
5. Takamaru - Believe it or not, I'm watching the SDCC stream of Takamaru's game being played at the time I an writing this, and he looks pretty cool! I can see moveset potential!
4. Krystal - Yes, I understand the hate Krystal gets and I will concede that she is not well liked. However, she is the most likely 4th rep for Star Fox (Slippy would be a total waste, but I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai makes him cool), and that staff of hers would make her different from her fellow Star Fox members (then again, I did attempt to sub Litchi in Blazblue, so that was my thinking). And chances are, they would put her in anyway for obvious reasons.
3. Bandana Dee - I have noticed that Sakurai keeps making him more into a major character in the Kirby series. And Kirby IS Sakurai's series, so he has a bit of a chance. And the fact that Dedede only throws Gordos now increases his chances.
2. Bowser Jr. - Now, I'm one of those weird people that believes that both Mewtwo and Jigglypuff can be in the roster (because I like them both), which pretty much forces Mario to put in a 6th character if Mewtwo and Jigglypuff do come back. Anyway, I like Bowser Jr.'s paintbrush in Sunshine and the many paintbrush related things seen in other games can be moveset potential so that he can't be a Bowser clone.
1. Shulk - Now that I have finally played Xenoblade, I can finally understand why people want Shulk and consider me a supporter! And even if I haven't, I can't deny that the Monado is a cool looking sword.

Honorable Mention: Isa Jo (Sin and Punishment Star Successor) - I know that the game wouldn't get any representation outside of Saki alone, but if it did, I believe Isa has more moveset potential than Saki, and after playing Star Successor, I think that he or Kachi could rep SaP if it's getting playable representation (which is unlikely)

Least Wanted:
5. Shadow the Hedgehog - Yeah, Shadow has become less and less relavent for each new Sonic game nowadays, and personally, I find Shadow boring and not as cool as he was when I first saw him. Besides, if Sonic did get a second rep (which is unlikely, but who knows what can happen?), it would most likely be Eggman, Tails or Knuckles because they've been around longer than Shadow.
4. Roy - Roy is cool and all, but his game has never been in the states, and I think people only want him back because of his appearance in Smash and haven't played a FE game.
3. Geno- I won't deny that Geno is awesome. But Square Enix owns him, it would take a miracle to bring him in.
2. Any character that has never originated in a video game - After reading Miiverse post after Miiverse Post of people wanting Goku in the game, I've just had enough. Guess what? Make a Goku Mii and then he's in the game!
1. Ganondorf to be a CF clone - That's just not sticking true to the material. Ganon's moveset could easily be incorporated to Black Shadow (who is also popular if only for being on the receiving end of that awesome Falcon Punch clip from the anime). I just want Ganon to have a reworked moveset that sticks true to him as a character.

Honorable Mention: Ridley - I would bring up the whole "too big" excuse and scaling him down would make him look ridiculous. However, I have seen him nearly the same size as Samus (I could be wrong, but it was Super Metroid), and the battle with Meta Ridley in Prime was ground based (from what I can remember, it has been a long time), so Ridley could be feasible.

Sagashi

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sagashi
Alright, let's try this, then:

MOST WANTED:
5. Ridley - simply put, Metroid needs another rep, and Ridley's the most important character who isn't Samus. Yes, he'd look kinda odd scaled-down more than likely, but It's still worth a try.

4. Simon Belmont - Is it wrong that I want a Captain N reunion?

3. Goku from Yuyuki - For all those delicious DBZ fanboy tears.

2. Duck Hunt Dog - It'd be hilarious to actually get the chance to play as him, I'm fairly certain.

1. K. Rool - If anything will help bring him back, it'll be showing up in Smash, and he's an awesome villain who deserves to return to the spotlight.

LEAST WANTED:
5. Bandanna Dee - Don't get me wrong. I LOVE the Kirby series. We have enough characters, though. Kirby, Dedede, and Meta are fine on their own.

4. Mewtwo - We've got 3 Gen 1 pokemon as is. That's way too many. Other Pokemon gens could use the representation.

3. Another Star Fox rep - Like with Kirby, we've got plenty already.

2. Goku from DBZ - seriously no. stop requesting Goku, miiverse. It's never going to happen. besides, Vegeta's more interesting, anyway.

1. Navi - HEY! LISTEN! HEY! LINK! WATCH OUT! HEY! I think that's explanatory enough.

DreadToaster

Smash Rookie
Top 5 Want:

5. Mike Jones- The chances of Mike making it into a Smash Bros. game are depressingly low. Mike has a lot of moveset potential and I can see his yo-yo and whatever he has in Zoda's Revenge being interesting weapons. In addition, StarTropics has some really awesome music and environments and if Mike were included, there's a really good chance that we would see something from StarTropics end up in Smash. It's just a shame that no StarTropics game ever came out in Japan.

4. Takamaru- Another character from the NES era although he is much more likely than Mike will ever be. Truthfully, I'm not sure what Takamaru could bring to the table but I'm sure Sakurai and his team could figure something out. Nazo no Murasame Jo looks interesting and I would love to see as many retro characters as possible.

3. Kyle Hyde- I have no idea what his moveset could possibly be. Throw paperclips? Make children cry? Steal everything? I just want Kyle Hyde because Hotel Dusk and Last Window are two of my absolute favorite games and Kyle is possibly my favorite video game character. I'm sure he'd be an interesting character if he were added. Capcom did a good job with Wright in UMvC3 (sorta), I'm sure Sakurai could manage a moveset for Kyle.

2. Ridley- The only reason Ridley isn't #1 is because I've been burned before. I was so hyped for his inclusion in Brawl and then...nothing. I think Ridley's got immense potential as a playable character and Smash Bros just needs for villains and Metroid reps. Also, Ridley is a giant, purple space dragon. What isn't to like?

1. Isaac- Psynergy opens up so many doors for a moveset, it's insane that he isn't in already. Golden Sun has 3 games under its belt (and a 4th one eventually, maybe, hopefully) and I'd say it has earned a rep at this point. Isaac fits the bill incredibly well and is a natural fit for the series.

Bottom 5:

5. Adam Malkovich- All the objections, actually.

4. Krystal- I really don't think we need a 4th Star Fox rep and we especially don't need a gross blue fox. Maybe if she was from Dinosaur Planet like she was supposed to be, I'd be a bit more supportive but if there's any franchise that doesn't need more reps, it's Star Fox. On average, people only like one of the 5 Star Fox games.

3. Toad- I can't see Toad being interesting at all. At least Daisy or Waluigi could represent the various Mario sport titles; Toad can't represent anything noteworthy. Maybe Captain Toad will change my mind but we all know he won't be included in Smash 4 so that's a null point.

2. Sora- I can't believe people actually want Sora. Sora would be the least worthwhile 3rd party character they could add. I'd take the Black Mage or Erdrick over someone like Sora. They're actually somewhat iconic unlike Sora.

1. Bowser Jr- Ugh. Bowser Jr would be a terrible addition. I'm all for adding villains but Bowser Jr is just so dull and so lame that I can't possibly see him being any fun to use. The Magic Paintbrush would be the only interesting gimmick he could possibly have and I have my doubts he would even use that since Sunshine came out 12 years ago and we haven't seen it since.

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
Most Wanted-

5. Bayonetta- Her game was really fun. Now that she is restricted to a Nintendo console I could see her as a Third Party. Her over sexuality can be toned down easily enough. Her crazy combos would work well in a fighting game as well.

4. Dixie Kong- Dixie was almost in the series already. No reason to not give it it to her this time. K. Rool I am fine with as well, but I'd rather have Dixie over him.

3. Impa- Probably unlikely with Sheik in again (for whatever reason). She'd be a cool Skyward Sword Rep or a good Hyrule Warriors rep. Either version would be cool to see. Ghirahim is obviously more likely because of his popularity, but I'd so much rather have Impa.

2. Ridley- Debates rage, but I still think he'd be an excellent fit to the series. Scale shouldn't matter, Small characters are scaled up and big ones down. Another Metroid rep that isn't Samus would be awesome.

1. Mewtwo- He needs to return! Mewtwo was my main in Melee, and even then they barely scratched the surface of his potential as a fighter. Now with Mega Evolutions it only makes sense to bring him back. A revamped moveset to make him either a brand new character or a "Luigified" Lucario would be fine with me.

Least Wanted-

5. Daisy- Daisy has always been a Palette Swap. I don't think she deserves a full roster spot.

4. Cranky Kong- My least favorite Kong. Was playable in DKC:TF which worries me, but so was Dixie. I'd much rather have Dixie then Cranky. I never saw Cranky's appeal.

3. Tingle- He isn't likely is he? He's always creeped me out. Just stay over in your assist trophy corner you weirdo you.

2. Dark Pit- I don't really care for Pit to begin with so a clone of him doesn't interest me no matter how different he is. I'd much rather Medusa or a different villain for a third KI rep.

1. Chorus Men- I don't see their appeal. They'd be the random WTF character I guess. Never played Rhythm Heaven and don't really intend on it. There has to be a better rep for this series if it HAS to be repped. I don't really see it getting a rep, Nintendogs afterall just got a stage. Not every game needs a rep.

Last edited:

UnicornDemon

Smash Journeyman
Most Wanted:
1. Paper Mario - Hails from two vidya materpieces and has infinite potential.
2. Rayman - Wonderful games, fits into Nintendo's universe, his moveset could work really easily.
3. Sceptile - Grass if my favorite type. I would be upset if it was left in the dark again.
4. Ghirahim - LOVE him!
5. Ridley - Ridley

Least Wanted:
1. Lucario - An extremely bland character from a series with hundreds of better choices.
2. Takamaru- Why anyone wants him I don't even...
3. Toon Zelda or Daisy (tie) - Both ****ty clone characters
4. Blaziken- I never liked this Pokemon and I don't understand why it's so popular.
5. Falco- I think Fox and Wolf would be fine. I see no need for Fox 2: Beaked Boogaloo to be a three time character.

Last edited:

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Most Wanted (in order):

5. Sceptile- If only so the circle of starters becomes complete.
4. Rundas- People liked him in Prime 3...?
3. Shadow the Hedgehog- Seeing a character in the game who used both modern (guns, bikes, and other "edgy" stuff) and Mystical (Chaos Spears, Teleportation, etc.) would be pretty cool to see, even if he'd end up being a Sonic clone at the end of the day.
2. Meta Knight- yes, i know he was in brawl, but I really want him to come back. Plz?
1. sanic

Least Wanted (in order):

5. Daisy- Clone
4. Shrek- Would end up being a clone of DK
3. Goku- 2op
2. Hitler- No one likes him, also clone
1. sanic

Last edited:

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
Most Wanted
1.Krystal
2.Dixie
3. K.Rool
4. Ridley
5.Bandana Dee
Least Wanted
1. Shulk
2. No more pokeman
3. No more mario
4. Chorus men
5. Anything from RH

Shmebulock

Smash Cadet
(A lot of these choices are inspired by the Smash community... I (should) have Wario, what the **** do I need now?)

Most Wanted:
5. Ridley.
Never played a Metroid game, but seeing how wide the audience is that would like it included makes me wonder why it hasn't. The size argument never seemed to settle with me after having Olimar change from few centimeters (or whatever it was get off my back mom), to whatever he is now.

4. Mewtwo (already sounding predictable, yeesh).
World Peace.

3. Fawful.
Don't have anything to back it up with... would be nice tho.

2. Simon Belmont (original version)
Iconic NES series, Simon has a weapon that no other character has, which could become a basis for a very unique moveset, as well as having an arsenal of spells and items that could lend themselves to B moves and smash attacks.

Honorable Mention (omg so pretentious am i right?): Captain Syrup
Wario has been my favourite character since forever (Wario Land II first game ever), so naturally I'd like another rep, until I realized no other character in Wario's own series has the explored depth to create an entire move-set, without stretching them incredibly thin. But still, I could be surprised, and most likely with Captain Syrup.

1. Chorus Kids
I am a firm believer that Rhythm Heaven should get a rep in Sm4sh, and as someone who has previously mained Mr. G&W, Wario, and Luigi, I like a bit of quirkiness in my characters, so a cartoony, bow-tie donning, fanged, rhythm-based, multi-character... character is right up my alley.

Least Wanted:
5. Bowser Jr./Toad.
Too many Mario universe reps with the addition of Rosalina, as well as these two would be REALLY boring. How do you make a move-set around these? Ok, Bowser Jr. could use his paintbrush as a... "sword" *shudders*, but when was the last time this was referenced since Sunshine's release?

4. More Wolfs/Falcos/Lucases/Lucinas.
If you can't dig deep and find ways to differ move-sets, then why bother take up space with them? Make them alternate costumes, not standalone roster-filler-uppers. (Couldn't Jeff be so much more unique than Lucas? Jeff for Sm4sh! (but not good enough for top 5))

3. Any reps for any series with 4 or more already confirmed.
You need to diversify your game choices, guys.

2. MORE SWORD USERS
You can only make swordfighting go so far. Once paired with magic abilites like Robin you can get somewhere... not far... but somewhere.

1. Shadow.
We have Sonic already, we don't need his teen-angst edgy daddy issue retextured rocket-boot-can't-even-run-fast-on-his-own anti-hero as another clone to fill up the roster. If you can't continue living without another Sonic rep, Eggman would fit wonderfully, with a whole unique moveset to boot.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Most Wanted:

5. Ridley:

I like the idea of a flying character.
4. Excite Biker:
Bike Combos
3. Sceptile
Grass Starter to Fill
2. Robin (Yay)
Robin is awesome.
1. Bandana Waddle Dee
I don't care what you say. Bandana Waddle Dee is awesome and unique. His spear is the spear that will pierce the heavens!

Least Wanted:

5. Takamaru
I'll be mad if we get another sword character. Because we seriously have enough.
4. Toad
You are probably saying, "Why are you supporting stupid Bandana Dee, but hating on Toad?" One, Bandana Dee doesn't have the worst voice ever. And Two, Bandana Dee has a special fighting style that is unique. Toad does not.
3. Geno
Will not happen.
2. Chrom
Same as number 5, but hated that everyone thought he was for sure going to be in the game.
1. Krystal
Hated her game, her character, her appearance, her design, her everything. I would seriously pick Slippy over her.

Last edited:

Deviddo

Smash Journeyman
Well, time to re-do this because of the new characters.

Wants

1. Chrom - Goodness what a kick in the EVERYTHING that de-confirmation was for Chrom supporters. It doesn't feel right to NOT have him in (as a playable character that is). I certainly don't see him being a hidden character either. The most I can hope for at this point is that Sakurai will notice the DLC movement and include Chrom as a post-launch sort of thing, I'd pay all the moneys for that.

2. Snake - Big Boss preferred, Solid/Old Snake is fine too of course. I understand how little a chance this being a thing is, but I'd still like it to be regardless, if nothing else, they could represent Naked Snake from MGS3D, but I'll understand completely if he's not back in.

3. Lucas/Ness - The way I see it, Ness is most definitely in, no questions. The most I could ask for at this point is for Lucas to be an alternate costume for Ness, which would be fine! No complaints here in that case! But I'd really like either or to have a moveset unique to them that doesn't steal from their friends.

4. Shulk - Not a huge fan of Xenoblade Chronicles personally, but I can certainly see why there's hype and want for Shulk, the protagonist, in general. It was honestly an excellent game from what I understand, and I support the wanted inclusion of Shulk.

5. Chorus Men - Like Shulk, I do not know much about the games from which Chorus Men is from, but I understand and respect the fact that they are often desired, and has a pretty high chance of being in as well. I do not think they have as high of a chance as say Chrom or Shulk, but Rhythm Heaven enemies alone put him pretty up there.

Don't Wants

1. Lucina - Robin is a wonderful addition to the Smash family, he's so diverse and unique! Lucina on the other hand is a clone of Marth, correct me if I'm wrong, but she's even more a clone than Roy was in Melee! I get that she's supposed to fight like Marth, that's fine! But if that's the case, she should have stuck as an alternate costume like she was originally intended. Having her as her own character slot when she's just a clone makes me groan and think back to the disgusting roster that was Melee. She's a bonus, yeah, I know, but she's not different enough to warrant her own clone, at least Fox and Wolf were SOMEWHAT different.

2. Pac-Man - I do not much care for Pac-Man being in a Nintendo Fighting game, I suppose this is chalked up to personal bias seeing as a lot of people could argue Snake has no place in the game either -- point being I never really liked Pac-Man and I do not think he belongs in Smash, to his defense though, his moveset does not seem bad in the slightest, not that I expect anything less from Sakurai.

3. New Mother Rep - Let me clarify on this first, I do not want a new Mother character to be announced that isn't Ness or Lucas and be put in the game instead of Ness or Lucas, more specifically Lucas. Again, no qualms with another Mother rep as long as they don't replace Ness or Lucas.

4. King K. Rool - Not exactly the most popular opinion, but I do not think King K. Rool is relevant enough to warrant a spot in Smash. If the next Donkey Kong Country game featured him as a major character in any way shape or form, then sure, but as is, he's an old DKC character lacking in any relevance.

5. Meta Knight - Real quick to avoid hate, I mean this specifically if he is brought back without a new moveset. His Moveset in Brawl was just overly spammy (in my opinion of course) and I'm honestly okay with just Kirby and King Dedede. All for it as long as he doesn't get in over any of my top 5's and has an improved moveset.

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
Most Wanted:

# 5 - Ryu Hayabusa - And he seemed like such a high candidate for a third party rep back in 2012... I love the Ninja Gaiden series and Ryu would make a good fit for Smash. He started on the NES (arcade if you want to be nitpicky), has a lot of weapons and magic he can use in his moveset. Yeah, he'd be cool. Too bad it'll never happen.

# 4 - King K Rool - Big fan of the DK series, always wanted K Rool in Smash since the Melee days. He could have a diverse moveset plus another heavyweight villain wouldn't hurt. Sadly though if DK gets a third rep it'll probably be Dixie.

# 3 - Saki Amamiya - I'm imagining Saki fighting on a Star Successor stage with the menu music playing in the background. Good times.

# 2 - Jack Frost - I LOVE the Megaten series. Jack Frost would fit right at home in Smash Bros despite being in a series where you join Satan in a journey to kill God.

# 1 - Shulk - Xenoblade is one of my favorite games of all time. Shulk would have a diverse moveset, not to mention plenty of potential in the stage and music. Plus it would help shine a light on a young and growing series. At this point not having Shulk in would be a huge waste.

Least Wanted:

# 5 - Ridley - Jokes on you I eat fire for breakfeast. I honestly wouldn't care if Ridley gets in, but at the same time I wouldn't care if he's just a stage hazard. I never got the appeal to Ridley and this is coming from a big Metroid fan. And despite how many mockups people show me Ridley being near the same height as Samus still looks weird to me.

# 4 - Any Pokémon - Nothing personal I just don't care about Pokémon. And I get tired of seeing roster predictions have ten Pokémon on the list when there's so many series that still deserve to be in Smash.

# 3 - Krystal - To me Krystal represents the dark times of the Star Fox franchise, so why would I want to play as a character that reminds me of such a bad time?

# 2 - Toad - Just the idea of hearing his voice during a fight is giving me a headache.

# 1 - Isaac - Maybe it was all the hype, but I found Golden Sun to be one of the most average, almost boring rpgs I've played in a while. Nothing about Isaac stood out to me and the only reason I'd be fine with a Golden Sun rep is because the music is really good.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Most wanted:

1.King K.Rool: Love his design, his moveset potential, his character especially in the cartoon. And we more villains

2. Shulk: Never played Xenoblade. But I listened to some xenoblade music and it was awesome and from what I heard from other supporters he definitely would have a unique moveset. And he's also a new ip.

3.Marshal I also never played Rhythm Heaven. But I find his design cute and would some new ip representation like Shulk.

4. Ridley It's about time to he makes it in as Samus's enemy in the Metroid series. And moar villains

5.N/A

Least Wanted:

1. Krystal: Yeah Smash needs more female reps, but not her. She's a one dimensional character who's captured for the whole of Starfox Adventures and doesn't really do anything after that and only exists to be Fox's love interest. And Japan hates her.

2. Ghirahim: Honestly I don't get the buzz around him.

3. Dixie Kong: It's not that I don't like her, it's just that if DK gets another rep it should be K Rool instead.

4. Daisy: I liked using her in the Sports games but In Smash? NO!

5.N/A

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
Why is Shrek a thing? I DON'T UNDERSTAND IT. TELL ME SMASHBOARDS TELL ME WHY.

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
MOST WANTED
1. King K. Rool. I've been expecting him since Brawl, he deserves his spot more than anyone else.
2. Takamaru. No hints at him yet, but he would be a nice retro newcomer
3. Krystal. I thing she deserved the spot better than Wolf in Brawl. Her chance could be now.
4. Tetra. No transformations now so no Toon Zelda/Tetra gimmick, but we could still get her by herself
5. Anthony. A space black guy with a freeze gun and a cool suit. What else would you want?

LEAST WANTED
1-5. Ridley

MooseSmuggler

NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Miiverse is a cesspool where Shrek and Goku are legit requests that people feel entitled to make on every PotD. Miiverse is what's wrong with this world, I swear.

And to address an earlier post, I don't get why people are so against having a couple more swordfighters. I mean, the majority of the rest of the roster uses their fists/feet, some exclusively. Robin's not the only sword user who can make themselves unique *coughMonadoArtscough*

Severn

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1478-4772-7152
Most wanted

1. Shulk
I think he has much potential to be a unique character, and Xenoblade was my favorite game on Wii, and one of my most favorite games of all time.

I'm gonna have to stop there, i'm not very demanding with newcomers. All the newcomers I wanted besides Shulk are already confirmed (Palutena, Robin and Rosalina)

Least wanted:

5: Daisy
All I ever see her in are the sports Mario games, she's about as significant as Toadette or Birdo, not very.

4: Chorus men
I've always thought of Smash Bros as a game were only the most famous and well known Nintendo characters get in. I know there has been exceptions to this but it doesn't need to go on. I don't like the idea of these characters that barely do anything in their game and the fact that barely anyone even knew what Rhythm Heaven was until the Gematsu leak.

3: Sceptile
I love pokemon but it doesn't need any more reps. The whole starter trio thing is as ridiculous as the whole fire emblem rep thing where the most recent lord replaces the previous one, e.g Chrom replacing Ike.

2: Sora
I don't even see the appeal to Sora, to me he's like Chris from Sonic X. A super annoying kid. Third party slots should be reserved for the most iconic characters, the best of the best. Like we currently have.

1: Krystal
Similar to Chorus men, why should Starfox, a currently dead game that has been dead for many years get another rep? I hated how falco got in melee, and wolf in brawl. I was even angrier that they were both clones. I don't know much about Krystal but she just looks like a female fox, who might end being another garbage clone if she did somehow get in.

Google/Youtube 'Shrek is love, Shrek is life'. After that Shrek gained a huge troll fanbase.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom