• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top 5 Most Wanted and Least Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRealHeroOfWinds

Smash Ace
Leave a list below of the 5 you want in, and then the 5 suckers who you never want in. If you want give a reasoning!

My Personal List:

- Most Wanted -​

5. Marshal - I've been interested in the Gematsu Leak for awhile, but when they said Marshal I got iffy on the leak. Then I looked further and further into the character. This will be a more interesting character than any of the newcomers so far.

Marshal
Runs the show.

4. Shulk - I still have yet to play Xenoblade Chronicles, but I can tell Shulk deserves to be in Smash Bros. His look would be perfect. His Monado will drive into battle.

Shulk
Slices into the fray.

3. King K. Rool - Donkey Kong Country is another game I have yet to play. I have played the return games and I enjoy the feel of the games. Then I see all of the possible Alternate costumes for King K. Rool, Mad Scientist, Boxer, and more! (Imagine fighting on Gangplank Galleon.)

King K. Rool
Rules the battle.

2. Bomberman - Ok hear me out, Bomberman has a different reason for me. Bomberman was one of my major childhood games. Imagine fighting Mega Man with Bomberman. That would be an amazing fight. He was also in games will Solid Snake and Wario. Characters that were in Smash in the past.

Bomberman
Blasts down the wall to victory.

1. Isaac Clarke - Isaac from Golden Sun. Oh boy where do I start, well first off he was an Assist Trophy in Brawl (like Little Mac.) He is a character that should be upgraded to a fighter. There is a while thread full of dedicated people to this character. Like all of the other characters on this list.

Isaac
Pushes closer to victory.

- Least Wanted -
The characters in this list deserve no words.

5. Goku

4. Daisy

3. Crono

2. Cloud

1. Sora

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Top 5 Most Wanted
5. Bowser Jr.

I've wanted him in since pre-Brawl. I think that his abilities with the paintbrush would translate perfectly into Smash. I like the character and I'm upset that he has been losing spotlight in the Mario universe.

4. King K. Rool
He would be so freaking unique and he is deserving to get a roster slot. I love his supporters dedication towards him as it gives me more reasons to support him. He's also the most wanted newcomer of one of my best friend's; I want him in for his sake as well.

3. Bandana Dee
I love the little guy in Kirby's Return to Dream Land and Triple Deluxe. His abilities with the Spear would make him a completely fun character that would focus on juggling and rapid fast attacks. Here's hoping that he makes it in!

2. Bomberman
A childhood dream of mine. I would love to see an all out explosive moveset by him. Due to the nature of his series being on mostly Nintendo consoles, he deserves to get in Smash in my eyes.

1. Shulk
At first... I was conflicted between Bomberman and Shulk... but now I can safely say that Shulk is my most wanted newcomer for Smash 4 for good now. Not only does he have unique abilities with the Monado and seeing the future, but he would bring loads of content such as cool Assist Trophies, Smash Run enemies, beautiful environments, and amazing music. This is something that needs to happen and leaving him out would be like cutting Mewtwo from Brawl.

NOTE: If Little Mac wasn't confirmed, he would be at #3 and knock out Bowser Jr. from my top 5.

Skipping out on top 5 least wanted, but I don't want Cloud Strife, Sora, and Reggie.

Last edited by a moderator:

chronomantic

Smash Ace
Top 5 most wanted

-Chorus Kids. sound-based moveset, adorable bunch.
-Ghirahim. original swordsman, magic-user, great potential moveset, non-clone Zelda character, sign me up.
-Bandana Dee. he's cute.

Top 5 least wanted

-K.Rool. if Nintendo cared about him he'd at least made a cameo in the latest games but not even that.
-Ridley. looks more like a boss, don't care about the villain quota.
-Takamaru. not into generic, bland archetypes.
-Chrom. if he's yet another clone then bye.
-Lucas. over-represented series.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
Top five most wanted:
5. Impa- I didn't support impa earlier, but seeing how unique she is in hurtle warriors makes me realize that she would be an amazing addition to smash.

4. Chibi-Robo- I love chibi robo, and even though I don't expect him, he'd be such a fun character!

3. Micaiah (fire emblem)- she's the only fire emblem character who was the main character in a game who isn't in smash (assuming Chrom gets in) and I'd love to see a Mage get in.

2. Anna (fire emblem)- Anna and Micaiah are actually tied, but since I prefer awakening to radiant dawn I'll put her here. She's a funny character and would be amazing in smash

1. Dixie Kong- I have loved Dixie since I was a kid, so naturally I would love to see her appear in smash.

Top 5 least wanted-
5. Dark Pit- I love kid Icarus, it has many great characters. Dark Pit is a great character in his game, but he is not for smash. He will almost inevitably be a clone, which we don't need more of.

4. King K Rool- I never liked him or his design. But if he gets in, I will be happy for his many supporters .

3. Ghirahim- Not a fan of him or skyward sword in general.

2. Waluigi- I know he's deconfirmed, I NEVER want to see him in smash. He has never even been in an actual game that isn't a spin off, none of Mario's or even warios. Even Daisy has been in at least one. Idk I just don't like him.

1. Bandana Dee- Lame character with a lazy design, 'he has a spear so he will be unique!' Is not an good argument.... An entire move set based off of his spear would be disgustingly boring. The three main Kirby characters are in, he doesn't need to be added.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Top 5 Most Wanted

5.) Shulk

For some time now, I've thought of Shulk as a character who would be a good addition to Smash, and a fairly likely one as well. Recently, though, I've managed to acquire a copy of Xenoblade Chronicles for myself, and while I have yet to finish the game, I've been quite impressed by what I've seen so far. I can see why people there's a lot of support for Shulk. There's a lot of great stuff he could bring to the game, not just as a character, but as a representative of a game with beautiful environments, excellent music, and interesting characters. Shulk himself is also a nice protagonist. The Monado is a pretty cool weapon, and the fact that Shulk is an intellectual individual is also a nice change of pace. So overall, I think Shulk would be a solid addition to Smash, though he ranks low on this list because I don't think he has to be in the game. Smash would be fine without him.

4.) King K. Rool

King K. Rool is, I think, a character that's a bit overdue for a spot on the Smash roster. The Donkey Kong series is a large and very successful series, so it makes perfect sense to include its main antagonist as a playable character. I think of him as one of those characters that really should be on the roster; I don't think it would be quite complete without him. Aside from being the antagonist of the Donkey Kong franchise, he has a lot of qualities that would make him a good character choice, the most notable of which being his rather unique abilities he's demonstrated across the history of the Donkey Kong games. Overall, he's an excellent and deserving addition to the Smash roster. Hopefully he can still make it in.

3.) Ridley

Really, there's not much to say about Ridley. Much of what I said about K. Rool applies to Ridley as well. He's another character that by all means should be on the roster, and there really isn't much of a valid reason to exclude him. Not to mention that he has a huge fan base that has to put up with a lot of stupidity and unnecessary cruelty just because they support Ridley. I think it's about time for the Ridley supporters to see their beloved character make it into Smash.

2.) Robin

Personally, I love the Fire Emblem series. I'm just a big fan of RPGs in general, and the Fire Emblem games are great examples of tactical RPGs. Unfortunately, the Fire Emblem series is not exactly well represented in Smash. So far, the only playable characters we've had are swordsmen (with somewhat similar appearances, as well), the only stage we've had is a generic castle that doesn't even exist in the actual games, and the only Assist Trophy we've had is another sword wielder. The thing is, the Fire Emblem series is much more than just a medieval game with a bunch of swordsmen. Things like alternative weapons, magic, and tactics, all of which are key aspects of Fire Emblem, are completely ignored in Smash. The end result makes the Fire Emblem series look kind of boring to anyone not familiar with it. For that reason, Robin is one of my most wanted characters for Smash. As one of the two main characters of Awakening, Robin certainly qualifies as a Smash candidate, but Robin's appeal comes from his/her ability to wield just about any weapon in Fire Emblem, as well as (most importantly) magic. Robin's presence on the roster would show off key aspects of the Fire Emblem franchise that have been sadly overlooked in Smash so far, and by utilizing those key aspects, Robin could easily become a very unique and fun to play character. The possibilities of what Robin could do are really endless. Even if it seems very unlikely at this point in time, I hope that the Fire Emblem series will finally be represented as the diverse and unique series that it is.

1.) Mewtwo

Yeah, I don't really care if Mewtwo is "technically" a veteran, he's still my most wanted character who wasn't in the previous game. To me, Mewtwo is the closest thing to a perfect addition to the Smash roster. He simply has no reason to be excluded at this point, and for him to be left out of the roster again, especially since he's almost never been more prominent, would be a tragedy. Not much to say about him, really. Mewtwo for Smash.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Top 5 Most Wanted:

1. Toad/Captain Toad - He needs to be in already to round out the perfect showing for the classic era Nintendo stuff.
2. Ridley - Because Metroid deserves a rep that isn't just Samus again.
3. Chorus Men - They seem to be a very very unique odd choce for the roster and I always adore those choices.
4. Mewtwo - Brinnngg himmmm back.
5. Cranky/Dixie/K.Rool - Just a new DK newcomer. DK deserves a newcomer.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
5 most wanted
5. Chrom. Because I actually like his character and potential.
4. Dillon. Even though he's been disconfirmed for a while, I still really want him in the next Smash.
3. Midna. See above.
2. Ephraim. Yeah, he has basically no chance of even getting a sticker, but I can dream.
1. Lucina/Ivysaur/Venusaur/Bulbasaur See: Chrom. Just, x5 that. For the saurs, they've always been my absolute favorite evolutionary line, and my favorites individually as well.

Thankfully the only two people on my least wanted list have been disconfirmed. Waluigi and Tingle, both at number one. Thank you Sakurai.
Wait, how could I forget?
1. Anna/Robin. Awful, awful characters (imho) that I'd loathe to see playable.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
I'll only include characters that haven't been confirmed or deconfirmed for my main list
Want:

5. Zant
4. Cia
3. Agitha
2. Anna
1. Ghirahim

There are more likely characters that I want, but none are in my top 5.
If I included confirmed/deconfirmed it'd be 1. Midna, 2. Rosalina, 3. Palutena, 4. Tiki, 5. Ghirahim

Don't want:
5. A 4th party character?
4. Toon Zelda
3. Dark Pit
2. Roy
1. Bandana Dee

Not many left.
If I included confirmed/deconfirmed it'd be 1. Tingle, 2. Waluigi, 3. Bandana Dee, 4. Magnus, 5. Shadow or Miis (tie)

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Most Wanted!

5. King K. Rool
The main villain of the Donkey Kong franchise, and the closest character to a Rareware rep we'll ever get.

4. Ridley
Ever since the Melee opening trailer with the playable portioned-sized Ridley, just felt right as the main villain of the Metroid series.

3. Shulk
Potentially the best thing that could happen to the Smash series. An amazing character that feels so right, that Nintendo would never do it, but they just may.

2. Black Shadow
F-Zero needs more representation, why not the main villain, can take portions of Ganondorf's old moveset with it's own flare and flavour added to it.

1. Mewtwo
The great Brawl tragedy that needs to be reconciled.

Honourable Mention (6th): Impa

Most Hated!

5. Snake
In my opinion, I feel the Solid Series hasn't done much for Nintendo, and the series/ mature nature of the games don't mess well with Smash Bros. Plus having to censor parts of Snake to make him fit in to Smash doesn't due Snake any justice.

4. Chorus Men
I'm not sure what they are exactly, but I have a feeling they're undeserving of a roster spot as much as some other characters that won't make it. It's not original or clever to pick a random hardly known character, its just a cliche attempt at being original.

3. Wii Fit Trainer
Not really a video game character, but kind of is, it's in this weird shade of grey that I don't like. If WFT was never implemented no one would have cared or complained she wasn't in it. Other characters would have been better to have over WFT.

2. Mii/ Mii Fighter
The Villager could have had customized clothes and faces from your animal crossing save file, and filled the niche of "playing as yourself". Can't use them online, morbid has a really good explanation as to why they suck.

1. R.O.B.
In my opinion he's not really a video game character, he's more of a peripheral, it's like the N64 being playable. I hated how big of a role he was given in Brawl. No one can top Mr. Game & Watch as a "wtf" character, Mr. Game & Watch is awesome.

Honourable Mention: Any non-video game character, any character that didn't originate as a game character (including anime), any character that's from a traditional fighting game, any character that hasn't appeared on a Nintendo console.

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I don't really have "least" wanted, because as long as I get what I do want, I don't really care what else comes in, but I'll do my best. :p

(I'll add another character's name after the confirmed ones for the heck of it)

WANTED!
1.- Michael Jones (StarTropics)

2.- Little Mac (CONFIRMED!) /// 2b.- Kachi / Isa Jo / Airan Jo (Sin & Punishment)

3.- Megaman (CONFIRMED) /// 3b.- Takamaru (Nazo no Murasame Jo)

4.- Saki Amamiya (ASSIST TROPHY) /// 4b.- Simon Belmont (Castlevania series)

5.- Isaac (Golden Sun)

UNWANTED!
-Chorus Men (Rythm Heaven)
-Chrom (Fire Emblem)
-6th Zelda character
-6th Mario character
-Another Pokemon newcomer

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Most Wanted

1. Solid Snake - If I can't have him, I'll settle for Big Boss. It's no problem! Kiefer Sutherland might be up for it. Listen, we already know what this guy brings to the table. It's a matter of politics at this point.

2. Krystal - If you really wanted to, I suppose you could get creative and use the primitive staff fans keep talking about. Krystal is better off with a laser and a reflector, though. Update the look and give her a cool team Star Fox jacket to wear along with her existing Assault uniform (think Rogue from X-men), and you'll have an instant fan favorite.

3. Bomberman - This game needs more deadly explosives (because there aren't enough already :troll:), and with Snake on vacation, he's the man for the job. Sure, Bomberman's approach is less subtle than Snake's and is more akin to Bill Rizer running through an alien facility with a spread gun on full alert, but you can't deny his iconic nature.

4. King K. Rool - Rool could help address the current shortage of villains and do it in a way that doesn't feel like affirmative action went down. His blunderbuss is also the most advanced 18th century weapon I've ever seen.

5. Bayonetta - Bayonetta has a vast sea of moves and powers at her disposal. When you stop to tally it all up, it's madness. So the potential is there. What's more is that they all flow together seamlessly. She is a graceful and acrobatic fighter who is well versed in just about any weapon you can imagine. Swords, claws, handguns, shotguns, whips, nunchucks, etc. I also think Bayonetta has a lot to offer in terms of mythos, stages and music.

Shotguner159

Smash Apprentice
Want:
1: Lucina
2: Saki
3: Impa
4: Dillon
5: Bayonetta

Don't Want:
1: Bandana Dee
2: Robin
3: Roy
4: Krystal
5: Daisy

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
WANT
5. Bowser jr.- out of all mario characters I think he should be in the game, even over rosalina longer he has been around longer and in more games.

4. Rundas- ok I know his odds are zero to none but the little amount of time he had in the game were some of the best parts.

3. Zant- zant has a better design than any other zelda villain In my opinion and he is just very threatening, his odds have increased due to hyrule warriors and being possibly playable.

2. Ridley- I can't lie ridley deserves a spot more than any other villain and gets too much criticism.

1. General scales- it's clear I like the villains but I have wanted scales ever since I played star fox adventures. His moveset would be unique and he is the most badass villain in my opinion. But I do know his chances are small but maybe with star fox wii u there will be a surprise.

HATED
5. Goku
4. Issac
3. Chibi robo- I don't know doesn't appeal to me
2. Miis
1. Chorus men

Deviddo

Smash Journeyman
Only including those not already in for my Wants list.

Wants

1. Chrom - I loved Fire Emblem: Awakening to death, and my favorite part of all has to be the main protagonist, Chrom. He's such a great character in my opinion, and FEA saved the Fire Emblem franchise. Chrom being the protag of FEA (Main Protag that is) certainly deserves the spot.

2. Snake - Big Boss preferred, Solid/Old Snake is fine too of course. I understand how little a chance this being a thing is, but I's still like it to be regardless, if nothing else, they could represent Naked Snake from MGS3D, but I'll understand completely if he's not back in.

3. Shulk - Not a huge fan of Xenoblade Chronicles personally, but I can certainly see why there's hype and want for Shulk, the protagonist, in general. It was honestly an excellent game from what I understand, and I support the wanted inclusion of Shulk.

4. Chorus Men - Like Shulk, I do not know much about the games from which Chorus Men is from, but I understand and respect the fact that they are often desired, and has a pretty high chance of being in as well. I do not think they have as high of a chance as say Chrom or Shulk, but Rhythm Heaven enemies alone put him pretty up there.

5. Captain Falcon - Falcon is, and always will be, a good vet from the F-Zero series, if a tad overrated and overpowered thanks to Smash. Nonetheless, I would want him to be included -- if only at the last minute behind every other character mentioned above -- because of how important he is to Smash's history and how well loved he is. He's certainly not my most wanted character due to him having almost no relevance due to being long overdue for a game of his own.

Don't Wants

1. Non-Chrom FE Rep - I have no issue with other Fire Emblem characters joining the roster as long as none of them are announced over Chrom -- if this makes any sort of sense.

2. Pac-Man - I do not much care for Pac-Man being in a Nintendo Fighting game, I suppose this is chalked up to personal bias seeing as a lot of people could argue Snake has no place in the game either -- point being I never really liked Pac-Man and I do not think he belongs in Smash, to his defense though, his moveset does not seem bad in the slightest, not that I expect anything less from Sakurai.

3. New Mother Rep - Let me clarify on this first, I do not want a new Mother character to be announced that isn't Ness or Lucas and be put in the game instead of Ness or Lucas, more specifically Lucas. Again, no qualms with another Mother rep as long as they don't replace Ness or Lucas.

4. King K. Rool - Not exactly the most popular opinion, but I do not think King K. Rool is relevant enough to warrant a spot in Smash. If the next Donkey Kong Country game featured him as a major character in any way shape or form, then sure, but as is, he's an old DKC character lacking in any relevance.

5. Meta Knight - Real quick to avoid hate, I mean this specifically if he is brought back without a new moveset. His Moveset in Brawl was just overly spammy (in my opinion of course) and I'm honestly okay with just Kirby and King Dedede. All for it as long as he doesn't get in over any of my top 5s and has an improved moveset.

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
Never want in my life

5. A Mario Persona, excluding Jumpman
To be honest, I loved Dr. Mario in Melee. When I got it and unlocked him I flipped my lid. I liked him, but I didn't think he bring much to Smash. On the hand of Paper Mario... PAPER :D
4. A 4th Party Character.
If one gets in I will die of disappointment.
3.Geno
Uh... I was never a fan of Mario RPG. I did not like the timing thing, most of the moves were... strange, and some of the bosses were downright cheap. And Geno... I thought he was a stereotype in the sense of the guy coming from... somewhere, and he has extreme abilities compared to the rest of the cast. Eh.. I got nothing else I'll extinguish your flames.
2. A different style of Mii
Remember how at the beginning, we all thought the Miis would take stuff like baseball bats and bowling balls into their movesetsm and it turned out better? I don't want the Miis to have that stuff and keep the Mii Fighters how they are.
1. A real human
No explanation needed, and sorry Reggie.

Sir_Africa

Smash Cadet
Top 5 Wanted:

1.) Simon Belmont (Castlevania is pretty big and I don't understand why it doesn't have any representation, especially considering it started with Nintendo)

2.) Majora's Wrath (We need more LOZ representation, and Majora/majora's mask as a game is pretty iconic)

3.) Jesse&James (Just to spice up the Pokemon Roster. They can be like Ice Climbers or like Yun & Yang in Third Strike and they can fight with Pokemon capture gadget thingies)

4.) Dixie Kong (Because why not)

5.) King K. Rool (Because why not)

And I certainly don't care for Ridley or Chorus Men. I haven't played Xeno or Golden Sun yet so I can't really say I don't want Shulk/Isaac in but currently im ehhh towards them.

Makaronileo

Smash Journeyman
Want,
5: Ridley
4: Mewtwo
3: Robin
2: Sceptile
1: Bandana Dee

Not Want,
Goku
Takamaru
Snake
Rob
New star fox character

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Most Wanted:
1. Bandana Dee
2. Bomberman
3. King K.Rool
4. Ridley
5. Sceptile

Least Wanted: (Characters with chances)
1. Ghirahim
2. Toon Zelda
3. Takamaru
4. Robin
5. Isaac

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Most wanted
1. Toad
2. Meowth
3. Duck Hunt Dog
4. Simon Belmont
5. Dixie Kong

Least Wanted
1. Different versions of existing characters
2. Characters owned by or associated with Sony and Microsoft
3. Mario characters who are exclusive to Mario sports/party/RPG games
4. 4th party characters who are not Captain N
5. Overrated characters with loud vocal minority fanbases

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Just a warning, the mods will be watching the 'Least Wanted' portions of these comments closely, since they could very realistically cross over the line from expressing distaste to outright flaming.

bilbo43

Smash Cadet
Most Wanted

1. Shulk: I have never played any of the games but I just get a feeling that Shulk will be a welcomed addition to Smash. Heaps of people had no idea about fire emblem before they played smash and now its one of nintendo's better franchises as of late, while xenoblade however made international acclaim before shulk was included in crossover games etc.

2. Chrom: I have played awakening and I preferred playing as him over the avatar and other characters, even though I would love for more than just 3 FE characters be included, I think being conservative for now and only have 3 initial characters is the right move. For those scared that Chrom will too closely match Marth and Ike, I just dont see it that way, it seems like its a crime now to have blue hair and a sword.

3. Ghirihim/Midna: I think the zelda quota is completed, and 5 characters will be their representation for this game, but I still would love to see how one of these characters would play in the game. When I played skyward sword, the first thing I thought about with Ghirihim was 'man I would love to be able to play as him' while for midna, all I could think of is how much more I wished I could find out about her. Its a long shot that either character would be included though (especially with the announcement of Midna as an assist).

4. More pokemon: It doesn't really matter the character, there is enough popular enough pokemon, and varying battle styles of pokemon, to justify like 20 different fighters to be honest. There will only be about 5 or 6 in this game however and that is fine, because it isn't 'Super Smash Pokemon' after all. I have my preferences (Sceptile and Mewtwo) and I think a lot of other potential good smashers have been confirmed as Pokeball assists but really I would be happy with any character they decide to include.

5. Banjo-Kazooie: I often stopped and thought about these characters and how fighting they would be in this game if microsoft did not buy their rights. The only reason I stop to include them over many other 3rd party potential characters is the fact that they were owned by nintendo (or at least partly). Think about it, movesets were basically created in the first game that could be included in this game. The up specials, the jumping mechanic, the ability to run around as kazooie, the egg launcher, the ground stomp, and the final smash can be one of those invincible runs across the stage with a golden feather. Face it, if they werent sold they would have been included in a previous game at least. Similarly this applies to Conker as well.

Least wanted:

1. Any Microsoft/Sony owned characters: with the exception of previously owned characters, I think that nintendo need to keep separate from their competitors consoles. I know that sonic used to be the mascot of the sega systems but nintendo's relationship with sega has since turned into a mutual one. Unless the companies decide to stop creating consoles (which I strongly doubt in the near future) then nintendo should focus on their own products.

2. Any movie or tv show characters: Keep the video games characters (at least initial created as video game characters) as the fighters, dont venture into the tv show characters. This would open up the game to too many unjustified selections and suggestions by the community. I dont know how many times I've seen someone suggest wreck it ralph, mickey mouse or shrek, even if it was a joke, and thought "Oh no, now literally anybody is fair game for inclusion in wanted lists".

3. Toad: Just no, nothing against the guy, I just dont see it happening in smash. Mario has a plethora of characters at its disposal, and although toad appears in the majority, when it appears as a protagonist, its always just a fill in character like in the recent side scrollers just so 4 players can play. They offer no real unique moveset because its just a faster variant of mario or luigi. Toad even gets cast aside in some of the side games for mario as the umpire or judge because the creators know they serve as a better narrator, judge or cheering fan than an actual playable character.

4. Tingle: His role in the Zelda series serves as the guy you get maps from or the rupee picker in side games. He is not a fighter, just a weird man who wont grow up and believes he is a fairy peter pan.

5. Dead/stalled series getting extra characters: I'm all for reviving old characters from old games, I just dot see the point in adding a plethora of chracters from a series of games which have finished or stalled to the point that you may as well call it extinct. Those who want retro characters included, great, I'm with you. What I am against is the potential of adding extra characters from series like F-Zero or Mother/Earthbound when the chances of a new game are next to zero. Besides it would be a poor marketing tool for Nintendo. Including Pit in the previous addition was a masterstroke that led to the revival of the series, but if Brawl had characters like Medusa and Palutena thrown in as well, it may have been a costly effort. Bottom line is you add a retro character with the small hope that enough people will support a revival of the series, but if characters are already sitting there and they decide to add more characters from the series, despite the current smash characters not contributing to the demand of a revival, maybe the series needs to be laid to rest.

SmashAdr

Smash Apprentice
Want
King K Rool
Ridley
Mewtwo
Do not Want
Chorus Men

Last edited:

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Most wanted
-Shulk: I think he's literally the only character I particularly care about. I heard about him through the Gematsu Leak, then fell in love after reading the Shulk support thread. Now having played the game, I can even more safely say there's no one I want more.
-Chrom: he seems cool, not as familiar with him since I haven't played FE:A.
-Jigglypuff: I wanted at least 3 on this list, and I'll admit I would hate for Drunky-puff (long story, inside joke involving its Melee taunt) to no longer be a thing.

Hated
-Any 4th Party character: let's keep it to video game characters, aye? Mii Fighter allows people to put in their favorites from outside the gaming world, it's fine that way

I don't think I have any other hated. I'm the chill type xD

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Wanted:
1. Isaac
-He'd bring a unique style even if he's a swordsman and he's the only other assist trophy deserving of becoming playable.
2. Bomberman
3. Micaiah
4. King K Rool
5. More Pokemon

Least Wanted:
1. Ghirahim
-He's so dumb!
2. Waluigi
-He should never be playable
3. Any more Sonic characters
4. Any Zelda character that isn't Ganon or Tetra.
5. Rayman

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Top 5 most wanted (newcomers only):

5th: Shulk - Adding Xenoblade, as a series, into the game would be incredible. However, it would be empty without adding Shulk himself. So for me to be satisfied with Xenoblade in Smash, the main man has to be playable. Thankfully there's a few elements that are helping his case, so some Xenoblade goodness is looking like a good possibility.

4th: Dixie - Out of the four newcomers I want, she's at the bottom of the priority list. This is probably because my first DK game was 64, meaning I never grew attached to her unlike say, Tiny Kong or any of the Kongs in that game. With that said, Dixie is clearly a highly requested character and with good reason. She has some personality and is quite the prominent character in a huge franchise. Since Tiny being playable is something that won't happen, she's the closest I'll get to having a character that is quite similar.

3rd: Ridley - Honestly, Ridley is one of my favourite villains. In fact, I like all the Nintendo villains and I wish they were represented more in SSB. As a fan of Metroid, I think the series should have more than just Samus. Sadly I've lost almost all hope of him appearing in Smash 4, but at the very least he's still in the game in some fashion if the worse case scenario does indeed happen.

2nd: King K. Rool - Slightly ahead of Dixie due to my DK 64 bias. The guy is just a great villain - a clumsy, fat crocodile that can yet be portrayed as sadistic and terrifying. If he had a move set based off the boxing match in DK 64 I'll be more than happy (but for fan service, he should get the moves he has in the Country games - which by the way I have played, just a little later in my teens). Also I watched parts of the DK cartoon as a kid, so that adds to my love to the character.

1st: Paper Mario - This franchise just needs some proper love. Paper Mario is one of my favourite RPG series. The story, the characters, the game play, the soundtrack...everything about this beaut is just marvelous. Paper Mario would totally be an unique character as well, one I'd like to use in a Smash game eventually. The atmosphere of his games are just so silly, yet they can be so dark and serious. It's great, and it's nice seeing the Mario characters having some proper character development in these sort of games.

Bottom 5 (since that would logically be correct). I'll be realistic here, since naming real life people, anime or Microsoft/Sony exclusive characters would be very boring. Usually I have no pressing concerns about any newcomers, so if the ones here are added it wouldn't exactly be the end of the world. Pac-Man and Mii changed my perception of them, so this is just me going with what I think right now.

5th: Geno - In Brawl he was the hot topic alongside Ridley on the other board I followed the development of the game on. Having played Seven Stars recently, I just don't find him appealing as a character - conceptually or aesthetically . Plus if Mario was to have another character, I wouldn't be quite fond of him being the addition.

4th: Bandana Dee - Personally I'd rather see a generic Waddle Dee become playable and for him to have a move set that is practically a mix between all of the many variations of the Dees (or Doos). For example, his recovery would use the parasol, he'd used a spear as a neutral B or side-B, the Doo electricity as a smash attack. You catch my drift? Waddle Dee is simply more memorable and appealing to me than one specific version of him.

3rd: Ghirahim/Demise - cheating here since I feel the same way about those two. Personally I don't think they should be added until they become permanent Zelda characters. Yes I know Sheik is there, but Sheik is a freak accident. She got lucky with the timing of practically everything: Zelda being based off OoT in Melee with Sheik essentially being a gimmick, Brawl keeping the transformation character gimmick while Sheik became a fan favourite during the Melee days. Ghirahim or Demise cannot replicate that kind of luck. Really the only remaining Zelda newcomer that would make sense to me would be Impa, and I'm not bothered by her being in the game or not. I think the Brawl Five just does the trick for me as things stand. I just don't dig one-game wonders in a recent title.

2nd: Another Yoshi series rep - I just don't see the point. Yoshi by himself is fine, especially since he's essentially a Mario character in the first place. Most if not all the likely additions are characters that appear more in Mario games than Yoshi ones. Kamek and Shy Guy are fun characters in Mario spin-off games, but they just don't cut the mustard for a playable appearance in Smash.

1st: A second third-party character that has an existing representation - By this, I mean having something like two Sonic characters or two Mega Man characters. This shouldn't happen unless said franchises are sold to Nintendo. Third-parties are a welcome addition but no specific franchise should ever get more than just the face of the series. It would just be weird and I wouldn't be fond of an outside company getting preferred treatment by Sakurai and/or Nintendo.

Top 5 Most Wanted Veterans:

5th - Dr. Mario - He's such an oddball character and that's why I like him. His existence in a Smash game was basically pointless but he was a fun character to use. He was a Mario but with some spark and fire to him. With that said, bringing him back would basically mean no Paper Mario and that's conflicting!

4th - Captain Falcon - Got to bring this man back. He's in the game I know, but he's got to remain. F-Zero is one of my favourite series. While I don't think a second rep is necessary, cutting the entire series would be quite the blow to us F-Zero fans and would essentially mean the very death of a MIA franchise.

3rd - Ganondorf - Cutting the main Zelda villain, as well as one of the most iconic Nintendo villain would be silly. Thankfully he's pretty much in, in my book.

2nd - Wolf - I've always wanted Wolf in Smash. Now that he's in, he's got to stay. An iconic character to me, plus his move set appeals to me more than the Star Fox duo. In one appearance he's managed to keep his distance away from Fox more so than Falco, despite the bird being in an extra game.

1st - Jigglypuff - My main in 64 and Melee, and secondary in Brawl. I've been using Puff for so long it would be quite the kick in the groin area to see her gone all of a sudden. I'm in favour of changing some of her specials a bit to keep her interesting, just as long as she's back.

Least Wanted Veteran: Only Young Link, because he'd be...well, pointless. The rest can all come back with open arms, and yes that includes Pichu who I always found to be a good character to mess around with.

Last edited:

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
Wanted
1 agumon
look at my avatar and tell me you don't want that
oh but thats graymon after enough damage he will become graymon
2 vaati
link has ganondorf toon link needs his villain
vaati has been in 3 games so your argument is invalid about toon ganondorf
3 bowser jr
mario has luigi bowser needs jr
4 lyn
well be more iconic then chrom and lucina ever be she is the first playable character in the first fire emblem
what was released outside of japan
5 sceptile
we have a fire and water starter we need a grass
Least
5 Chrom and lucina
he is a popular for now untill some one else comes along and as for lucina is a marth wannabe
4 Bandana Dee
not needed
3 Ghirihim
one time villan
2 mewtwo
gen 1 and i read somewhere that cut characters won't come back
1 Chorus Men
if you say the TWO ice climbers should be cut because of the 3ds limitations and then you say you want the THREE of them ya that what i thought

Last edited:

TheRealHeroOfWinds

Smash Ace
Like I said people, please give reasonings to why.

I'll most likely edit my post to change Chorus Men to Marshal a.k.a. the Chorus Men on the far right. Since above does have a valid point. But people should give clear opinions on why they should be in Smash. Saying 'he looks cool' isn't a a good reason.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Top 5 least wanted

-K.Rool. if Nintendo cared about him he'd at least made a cameo in the latest games but not even that.
He did. There's a K. Rool shaped rock with a circle of bananas hovering above it like a crown in Tropical Freeze.

Most Wanted:
5. Dixie Kong (my favorite DK character, but there's a DK character I want far more than her)
4. Ridley (not a huge fan of Metroid or Ridley, but Ridley looks awesome and he deserves to be playable)
3. Robin (this was Lyn but since Lyn's disconfirmation I've found I really like Robin's look, would be incredibly original and actually represent FE very well with a tactics-based moveset)
2. Isaac (very original moveset and its a great series that deserves representation)
1. King K. Rool (Nintendo's second-most iconic villain not yet playable in Smash Bros. and Nintendo's most iconic villain not represented by anything more than a trophy; the king must return)

Least Wanted:
5. Bandana Dee (don't like the idea of a generic enemy being promoted to a playable character)
4. Ghirahim (one-time Zelda villain not likely to appear again except in Hyrule Warriors; how the hell does he have a higher chance of being added than Ganondorf coming back?!*)
3. Chrom (three Fire Emblem blue-haired sword users, no thanks)
2. Any character almost identical in appearance to another character, who IS another character in a new form, or even a literal clone of another character. **
1. A second third-party rep from a single company (yes, even Lloyd; we only need one per company)

* No, seriously, on Youtube in CJZero's Smash Chat they actually rated Ghirahim and Ganondorf, and they rated Ghirahim 2-3 points (out of 10; technically five stars with halves) higher than Ganondorf coming back.

** This consists of characters like Prince Fluff (I've seen tons of suggestions for him when he's just a literal doppelganger of Kirby), Paper Mario, Dark Pit (literal clone of Pit), Ganon (should just be Ganondorf's new Final Smash), Toon Zelda (God no), Dr. Mario, etc. We have enough of these already with Toon Link, Sheik, and Zero Suit Samus.

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Top 5:
5. Robin: I support a lot of FE characters, but I have to say that Robin is probably my favorite out of the choices.

4. Bandana Dee: I don't understand the hate for Bandana Dee. He is a reoccurring character in Kirby that's playable in multiple games.

3. King K. Rool: DK seriously needs a villain and another character.

2. Villager(confirmed): I think Villager is the most deserving newcomer so far. I was very shocked not to see him in Brawl honestly.

1. Paper Mario: Easily my most wanted. I loved the Paper Mario games and I'm very disappointed with the lack of Paper Mario content. I don't necessarily mean a character, but I think Paper Mario has an unlimited amount of potential that could add something new to Smash. We can have two Link's, two Samus's and two Zelda's, but God forbid if we have two Mario's, which by the way is Nintendo's mascot.

Least 5:
5. Dark Pit: I just simply have no interest in Dark Pit. I don't like Pit himself so I don't think I'd care to much for a color swapped Pit. Who knows, he could indeed have a unique and fun moveset, but I think I'd rather have an Dark Pit costume.

4. Ghirahim: Not too big on one-shot villains, especially this one. Then again, I've never Played Skyward Sword. I've jsut heard about Ghirahim's character and he doesn't interest me at all.

3. Roy: Hated him in Melee, still hate him to this day. Not only was he a clone, but he wasn't in a game yet. I still know nothing about him.

2. Reggie: A joke that went too far in my opinion.

1. Waluigi: Waluigi received more love than he truly deserves, in my opinion. He does absolutely nothing in the Mario series and became wasted potential. He could have been Wario's partner in crime in the main games, but no, he sticks to sport games and still doesn't do much. Daisy is even more important than Waluigi. At least Mario rescues her in a game.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
He did. There's a K. Rool shaped rock with a circle of bananas hovering above it like a crown in Tropical Freeze.

Most Wanted:
5. Dixie Kong (my favorite DK character, but there's a DK character I want far more than her)
4. Ridley (not a huge fan of Metroid or Ridley, but Ridley looks awesome and he deserves to be playable)
3. Robin (this was Lyn but since Lyn's disconfirmation I've found I really like Robin's look, would be incredibly original and actually represent FE very well with a tactics-based moveset)
2. Isaac (very original moveset and its a great series that deserves representation)
1. King K. Rool (Nintendo's second-most iconic villain not yet playable in Smash Bros. and Nintendo's most iconic villain not represented by anything more than a trophy; the king must return)

Least Wanted:
5. Bandana Dee (don't like the idea of a generic enemy being promoted to a playable character)
4. Ghirahim (one-time Zelda villain not likely to appear again except in Hyrule Warriors; how the hell does he have a higher chance of being added than Ganondorf coming back?!*)
3. Chrom (three Fire Emblem blue-haired sword users, no thanks)
2. Any character almost identical in appearance to another character, who IS another character in a new form, or even a literal clone of another character. **
1. A second third-party rep from a single company (yes, even Lloyd; we only need one per company)

* No, seriously, on Youtube in CJZero's Smash Chat they actually rated Ghirahim and Ganondorf, and they rated Ghirahim 2-3 points (out of 10; technically five stars with halves) higher than Ganondorf coming back.

** This consists of characters like Prince Fluff (I've seen tons of suggestions for him when he's just a literal doppelganger of Kirby), Paper Mario, Dark Pit (literal clone of Pit), Ganon (should just be Ganondorf's new Final Smash), Toon Zelda (God no), Dr. Mario, etc. We have enough of these already with Toon Link, Sheik, and Zero Suit Samus.
k Rool technically made a cameo as a rock formation yes, but I think he/she meant cameo as in actually appearing in a game... Like actually being there, not in rock form...

Last edited:

Veggi

Smash Champion
Most Wanted

1.) Dillon: He has tons of cool moves and would represent the eShop. Making a moveset for him would be super easy and he's really not like Sonic like people think he is. >_> Dillon is also deconfirmed, but whatevs.

2.) Toad: Toad is important in a billion Mario games. However, I think having a Mario character that represents spin-offs is not a bad thing at all. Mario spin-offs are very important to Nintendo's sales.

3.) Tom Nook: I'm satisfied with Villager's inclusion, but I'd still like to see Tom Nook because of his personality and design. There are many more aspects of Animal Crossing that could be used to make a moveset for Nook that's different than the Villager's.

4.) Rayman: Rayman is just really interesting and has a lot of personality. I want him in because I like him, but I think including another third party would be silly.

5.) Ridley: I don't care about Ridley at all, but I think it's kind of dumb that he's not in. Also, I want to ship everyone who says he's too big to Madagascar.

Most Not Wanted

1.) Geno: It's not like I hate the character or anything, he's just not relevant and he's part of the Mario franchise. The Mario franchise has a billion more relevant characters.

2.) Paper Mario: The Paper Mario games are great and I agree that Paper Mario could be given an original moveset. The thing is, having the same "character" appear again doesn't have as much global appeal as introducing a new personality/character. For example, if Toon Link wasn't in the game and Link was actually a viable character, I would imagine that people who missed Toon Link would use Link.

3.) Robin: Even though Robin has had many popular recent appearances, he did not originate as a video game character. If newcomer from his franchise was to be added, it would definitely be Batman. However, I understand that Batman might not "fit" with the game and due to the game's brighter colors, Robin would be more visually appealing.

I don't think I hate the thought of any other characters getting in that have a reasonable following.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Most wanted:
  1. Snake: He fits in just fine and I want him back more than anything, him being in Brawl really got me into the MGS franchise and now I'm even more invested in seeing his return. Him being one of my mains, his exclusion would make me seriously consider not buying either of the games.
  2. King K. Rool: He has been my most wanted newcomer for a long time, seeing him would fill me with joy, and not seeing him would make me think very hardly on whether I would actually get the games or not.
  3. Ganondorf with an original moveset: Self explanatory, Ganondorf is actually my favorite Nintendo villain, even above K. Rool, but his current Falcondorf moveset has ruined him for me.
  4. Ridley: Not quite as much as I want K. Rool, I've still wanted to see Ridley for a while. Not really a deal breaker if he ends up as a boss, but I would be disappointed.
  5. Takamaru: With Link, Samus and Pit, having Takamaru would bring the Famicom Four back together, something I really want to see.
Honorable mentions: Banjo and Rayman, one is impossible and one extremely unlikely, they would be at the top of the list if not.

Do not want:
  1. Bowser Jr.: I've always viewed him as the "Scrappy" of Mario, I just don't like him, but different strokes for different blokes.
  2. Pichu, Young Link, or Dr. Mario: See explanation for Paper Mario.
  3. Chorus Men: Not a Scrappy like Jr, but still incredibly annoying based on what I've seen. I suppose I'll have to live with it.
  4. Paper Mario, etc: Extremely unpopular opinion here, but I dislike the idea of second versions of characters.
  5. Goku! Shrek! Reggie! Etc: Self explanatory.

Last edited:

Beatness

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Beatness
3DS FC
5412-9896-3151
Most Wanted:
1. Paper Mario
-Because Paper Mario deserves recognition, and I think having Paper Mario would be at all like having too many Mario characters, because it's a spin-off and there is no way Paper Mario would be a clone like Toon Link. Honestly Paper Mario is way more deserving of a spot than Toon Link.
2. Robin
-Because there needs to be a Fire Emblem rep who is not a blue haired royal swordsman. Sorry, Chrom and Lucina, but there needs to be more variety!
3. Dillon
-While his series is not incredibly popular and he is already confirmed as an assist trophy, Dillon would be a very unique character who would fit right in and could represent the smaller Eshop only franchises.
4. Ridley
-He is NOT too big.
5. Chorus / other Rhythm Heaven rep
- While I'm not particularly happy with the choice of the Chorus men as a Rhythm Heaven rep, it's better than nothing. They would be a very unique fighter to bring more variety to smash, although it would be hard to think of move sets for rhythm heaven characters.

Least Wanted:
1. Waluigi
- Not very relevant, there are lots of Mario characters who have more significance who should be added first.
2. Daisy
See Waluigi
3. Geno
Not very relevant anymore, coming from a single game long ago. And owned by square enix? I might be wrong about that though.
4. Chrom
We don't need three royal blue haired swordsmen in a series that has so much more than that to offer.
5. Snake
Snake just isn't a very good fit for Smash. He doesn't really fit in with the rest of the family-friendly characters, and most of his games are even for Nintendo consoles, and don't have much importance to Nintendo anyway.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Okay...fair warning, this'll probably be a wall of text.

Most Wanted
5. Krystal
So the Star Fox franchise has been in limbo for years now, enough that some people are questioning whether its three reps from Brawl will all make it this time around. Since the roster was more or less figured out early in development, almost two years ago, the odds of a new character making it in is close to zero...on the initial roster. As DLC, though, there's a decent chance if one of its characters is relevant in the new game coming out next year.

If everyone's favorite--or least favorite--blue vixen ends up being important in the new game, then hey, why not? More female characters is always a good thing, and if she uses her staff in some way, she'd be very easy to build a unique moveset around. There's potential for her to be Smash's first speedy spellcaster, and if she uses both her staff and other weapons from the main Star Fox games, she'd have a blend of magic and technology no other character could offer.

...And for those who would play the furbait card, can we not persecute a character for all the Rule 34 drawn of them? It's not like the designers chose to have it happen, and we'd have to do the same for a whole lot more characters on these lists...

4. King K. Rool
The Mad King of Crocodile Isle hasn't done much of anything in recent years. His latest appearance was in spinoff game Mario Super Sluggers. He's hardly relevant at all any more, right?

Tell that to to the fans, to the 10,000-post-long thread here on Smashboards, and to the developers who put Kremlings in Smash Run and may or may not have put Chunky Kong in as an Assist Trophy.

The moveset potential with K. Rool is huge, able to pull from his compulsive need to change his gimmick every game. He's played the roles of conqueror, pirate, mad scientist, and Bond villain, among others. He'd also be another villain to add to the roster, and another super-heavyweight, maybe even the heaviest in the game. He'd fill the niche of slow but heavy powerhouse that Bowser left when he gained some mobility. And considering his heyday was in the 90s and his last major role was in Donkey Kong 64, he'd even be a throwback character in a way.

3. Geno
I fully admit he's a massive long shot. We've heard nothing about Square Enix getting contacted, and the odds of them letting Nintendo use a lesser known character from a cult classic over a more well known one is...unlikely. His only chance would be if Nintendo somehow buys the rights to Super Mario RPG and its characters. But wouldn't it be freaking awesome to see him again?

To anyone who doesn't get Geno's popularity: he's the Mario-verse equivalent of an angel possessing an action figure.

Even beyond appeal, there'd be a lot going for him. He'd be another spellcaster in a game with few of them, and his specials could come straight from the ones in SMRPG. If they wanted to get really creative, they could even give him action commands as a nod to being from the game that built on the idea of action commands in RPGs. Have him fire his fist out like a rocket as his f-air...and if you press A right when it hits an opponent, it does extra damage.

2. Shulk
I've been one of the unlucky ones who hasn't played Xenoblade Chronicles yet. I blame it on me being broke. >_> I've only just started seeing the game through Chugga's LP, and I can already see why everyone loves it. They traded high-end graphics for a huge, immersive world with a load of content, and the characters are easy to sympathize with, especially tech geek Shulk.

Even when I only knew a little about Xenoblade, though, I liked the idea of Shulk getting in. Yes, he's another swordsman, but he'd be the first rep from a fully traditional Eastern RPG, and thanks to all of the arts he learns in the game plus the Monado's powers, his moveset would practically write itself. Xenoblade Chronicles puts some focus on your location relative to your opponent, so a few moves that had extra effects if Shulk was behind, above, or below his target would make him even more unique and interesting.

Not to mention how much of a massive victory it'd be for Operation Rainfall, to see a character in SSB4 that may have only made it because their movement to get his game released worldwide made his popularity skyrocket.

I think there's a lot of valid skepticism over the Gematsu leak, but if there's one part of it I hope is true, it's Shulk making it in.

1. Robin
Speaking of the leak...

I'm not sold on it 100%. The info has been few and far between, and we have reason to believe it's incomplete. We've heard that characters are "still being discussed", and I've wondered if Chrom wasn't originally shelved for late in development for a reason. We also have reason to believe the source's information was outdated, meaning that things could've changed since they obtained that information.

Some things could've been changed since then. Characters that initially seemed like good ideas might've been scrapped like Brawl's Forbidden Seven. The trio of Chorus Men might've had to be cut if they couldn't get the two-character Ice Climbers to work properly. So who's to say Chrom might not've been benched for another Awakening character?

Robin would represent aspects of Fire Emblem that Marth and Ike don't and Chrom wouldn't, as a combat strategist who can use swords and magic with equal proficiency. Despite Chrom getting focus on the game's cover, Robin is just as important in the story, and even ranked in the top 5 of a prominent Japanese FEA character poll. Purportedly, Intelligent Systems likes Robin more than Chrom, and Sakurai is actually quite the Fire Emblem fan. Not even having both male and female versions would be a problem, since the Wii Fit Trainer and Villager already have alternate costumes that cover both genders. They could even pull more from the Villager's vastly different alternate colors and have each of Robin's change up his/her hairstyle, hair color, and facial markings to use some of the many ways players can customize his/her appearance in Awakening.

Overall, I think there's still a chance. Robin may very well get the nod over Chrom, like how Leif was replaced with Roy late in Melee's development. Maybe by some fluke, Chrom and Robin would both make it. And that's not even getting into character DLC.

There's still plenty of time for the scales to be tipped.

Least Wanted
5. Jigglypuff
I have nothing against the singing balloon-monster...I just think her time is past. Pokemon's characters need to represent its entire span, not just its first generation, and if her and Mewtwo are both in, it'd mean 2/3 of their characters were from Gen 1. Whereas Mewtwo is relevant again thanks to being a bonus boss in X/Y and having obtained two Mega forms, Jiggs...doesn't have much going for her besides the new Fairy type that several other older mons also gained. Her moveset felt increasingly bland in Brawl, focusing more on her roundness and aerial mobility (you know, to go with that blazing 20 base Speed in the games), the latter of which wasn't all that unique any more. At this point, I'd rather just see Mewtwo take her spot.

That said, the reason I was initially against Little Mac, Pac-Man, and the Mii Fighters was I was concerned their movesets would be generic as hell, and the developers did a really good job making them anything but. If Jigglypuff does come back, I really hope her moveset gets overhauled like Pit's and Bowser's, to use more sound-based and Fairy type moves.

4. Chrom
The reason I dislike Chrom is the same as the reason I'm hoping Robin makes it: uniqueness and representation of the franchise as a whole. Chrom is alright as far as personality goes and all...but how much would he have to offer that wouldn't feel too much like Marth or Ike? The developers have put so much of a focus on unique newcomers so far...but wouldn't they run into a problem when Chrom would lean so much toward feeling like a half-clone of Marth or Ike?

3. Roy
I just...I don't understand the appeal with Roy. Even if they tried to de-clone him, they'd have the same problems with being yet another swordsman with similar techniques to the other FE reps that Chrom would have...while also not being relevant any more. I mean, he isn't even well liked by fans of his own game. It seems like most of his support comes out of nostalgia for Melee, and...I just don't get it. He may have been part of the Forbidden Seven, but there are other, subjectively more worthy Fire Emblem characters now.

2. Young Link, Pichu, Dr. Mario, and other full clones
And I understand this even less. Where's the appeal in a character who is near-exactly like an existing one? What would they bring to the table that a wholly new character can't? I feel like they were cut from Brawl (or in Young Link's case, replaced by a different incarnation of Link from a different timeline with a wholly different playstyle) for a good reason.

And the Doc could end up as Mario's alternate costume, anyway.

1. Non-Video Game Characters/Characters That Haven't Been on a Nintendo System
Cloud. Goku. Naruto. What-have-you.

I guess this is mostly irrational hatred than anything. I mean, none of these characters would ever make it anyway since they don't meet the criteria for being third party candidates. But for some reason I can't stand it when some people insist of how "awesome" and "so much better" they'd be than the characters that do make it in.

I dunno. Maybe it's because it feels like they're disregarding Nintendo's requests. Feels...ignorant in a way, I guess.

There we go. I can't say it's a perfect analysis, and I can't say I won't accidentally piss anyone off because I have a problem with doing that, but those are the five characters I want to see the most and the five characters and character types I could care less for. Thoughts?

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
*sees mixed opinion on my most wanted*
*think I should check those boards more frequently :)*

Most wanted

3 King k rool
don't have a particular reason he just would be silly and I like silly things :) (though, I like vilains too)
2 Ridley
First, the character itself seems to be very cool for ssb. Second, his potential is without question good for uniqueness (aerial grab?). Again, I love it as a vilain and he's appealing to me.
1 Paper Mario
I'll do a more elaborate explanation since it's the only character I REALLY want (though, I kinda want rildley but no character can possibly reach this scale of wanted).

First, yes, he's literally Mario like toon link is link (well, another link but the idea is the same) but honestly, because it's true, I feel that he's either underrated or underloved. The former is what I'm questioning the most because toon link was already limited to be in the same series as link which gave an almost identical playstyle (aka the max you could push his potential is semi clone). Paper Mario not only doesn't have this restriction (not even the same genre) but also has so much going on that the intention of putting as clone or even semi clone would be inconceivable because that would be wasting precious development time instead of actually doing something unique which would be worth the time. In fact, that's why I keep repeating "infinite potential" and listing it would be too long (that, I ask you to click on my sig for more details). Also, playing as a paper is really appealing for me and I think I'm not alone.

But the biggest issues I have is the underloved part. Not necessarily on this board (though, imo, it is), not necessarily on the internet (more true but anyway...) but on ssb itself. When I say underloved, I mean that the series and their games aren't underrated but rather not talked and reped as much as it should. For anyone who played TTYD, you should understand where I'm getting; this game is a masterpiece. So, can you explain me why the only rep I see in ssbb are ONLY trophies and stickers? Isn't ssb is supposed to be the universal point of nintendo's awesomeness? For 3 games which has great ost, stage potential, unique style, REALLY good games based on the main franchise, someone needs to explains me why we didn't get any music as a minimum. What I really want is more rep but because the character is the best case, it automatically became my most wanted.

I'm addicted to TTYD (still play and investigate it) and it's my second favourite game of all time (first is ssbm but that's because I love video games since I played it).

Least wanted

No message. [English]
(The one who get this reference without googling automatically gets a follow)

I really don't hate anybody. I don't play ssb JUST for the roster but for EVERY content the game has as I consider the whole game as the masterpiece of the masterpieces.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I'll give it a go:

Most Wanted:
1. Ridley. Nothing else needs to be said here.
2. King K. Rool. He really deserves it, after being left out of the spotlight for so long, and it would be a waste if he were made a boss hazard, or a collectable trophy again.
3. Mewtwo. He's not a newcomer, but I loved playing as him in Melee as a kid, and mourned his exclusion in Brawl.
4. Robin. Fire Emblem Awakening was a blast playing through, and I've always wanted to see a mage knight playable in this series.
5. Paper Mario, yeah yeah. I know some people think he might end up like Toon Link, but I seriously doubt that. The Paper Mario games were a very dear part of my childhood, and to see Paper Mario get in as a playable character would bring me a lot of joy.

Least Wanted.
...There really isn't any Nintendo character I actively loathe, and to describe any is just asking for a flame war. So I'll just say any 3rd party character who has little to no relation to Nintendo, or any character who didn't originate on a video game system.

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
This will only be those not confirmed yet. Rosalina was my Number 1 and Palutena was second in line.

Top 5 Want:
5. Inking- They're pretty much brand new and we've only known about them for 2 weeks now so it'd be pretty late to add them to the roster that's been finalized like 2 years ago. Hopefully DLC or the next one.

4. Paper Mario- So much potential to not be a Mario clone with just the Hammer alone. And I don't think the 2D thing should be restricted to just G&W

3. Bandanna Dee- Not sure why but I love this guy and the idea of him is just kinda cool. He seems to fit well as the 4th member of the Kirby crew. And I think his moveset wouldn't just be based on spear. He could be based off of other Kirby abilities not present yet like Ninja Kirby.

2. Shulk- Not much to say here. I think he'd be an excellent addition and it'd be cool to see Xenoblade representation too.

1. Anna- Again, not much to say here. We don't have a swords-woman yet, I love her design, I love her color scheme, she's quirky and fun. I think they could do something cool with her pulling from both Trickster and Merchant sides of her. They can also dip into the other classes she can change too like Mage, Assassin, and Archer. Also I married her in Awakening.

Top 5 Don't Want:
This should be interesting. While I've expressed my dislike for characters like Pacman, Miis, and Little Mac, when they were revealed my opinion was sort of changed see how well they were handled. I don't hate them at least. So if any of the listed are confirmed, I won't hate them, I just don't support them at the moment.

5. Chrom- He's lowest on my don't want list because honestly I like Chrom, I would just rather have Anna or Lucina over him.

4. Toad- Never had a chance. I like the Captain Toad is getting his own game and all but No for Smash.

3. Dixie Kong- Never cared for her and I think DK is represented well enough.

2. Krystal- I think Bandanna Dee would be a better spear user.:awesome:

1.K.Rool- This is pure opinion but I don't think he's deserving of anything. And I've stated before that I HATE his design. The anti-Anna I tell you. Again, just an opinion. If he's confirmed, fine, great for you supporters. I just don't care about him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom