• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top 10 Most Wanted Characters for DLC in Smash 4

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
10.) Anthony Higgs (Metroid)
9.) Tom Nook
8.) Skull Kid
7.) Young Link
6.) Abraham Lincoln (Codename: S.T.E.A.M)
5.) Henry Fleming (Codename: S.T.E.A.M)
4.) Inkling
3.) King K. Rool
2.) Ice Climbers
1.) Balloon Fighter

Will update with reasons when I'm not on crappy mobile

randy2dope

Smash Journeyman
10. Snake
9. Tails
8. Ganon
7. Protoman
6. Wolf
5. Chibi Robo
4. Inkling
3. King K Rool
2. Dixie kong with electric guitar
1. RIDLEY CMON plz!!!!!!!! Super Metroid Ridley

LuffyLink

Smash Apprentice
Here is my top 5 (sorry in advance for my bad english):
The Cunning God of Death Ridley (Metroid).
He deserves to be playable in this game!. Metroid is one of the series which need more representation in Smash!
This mod is the proof that his size does not matter and he can have a great moveset. Although, I think his chance to be playable is pretty low despite his popularity (unless Sakurai changes his mind about his size).

Wolf O'Donnell (Starfox).
The first thing I want to say is that Wolf ISN'T a clone at all. All of his tilts, aerials are differents and his specials have COMPLETELY differents properties (except his down-B), the only attacks that are similar to fox's are his Down Special and his Final Smash. So if you thing that he is a clone/semi-clone, you are thoroughly wrong.
I think it's pretty guaranteed that he'll be back, he has been cut for no reasons (maybe because of the lack of time) and he is very popular.

Inklings (Splatoon)
These guys can have an unique moveset with all the type of weapon and special, they could use their weapons as jab, tilts and aerials and their special weapon as special moves. The hero suit could be an alternate costume with the different colors they have in the game.

Ganondorf with a new moveset (The Legend of Zelda)
Don't get me wrong, I love Ganondorf's moveset but I hate the fact that he's the clone of Captain Falcon.
So I think the best way to satisfy Falcondorf and Canondorf fans is to make another Ganondorf but with his own moves (Dark Magic, Sword, Trident etc...) and his design from Ocarina of Time.

Young Link! (The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask)
Young Link was a Clone in Melee because of the lack of time but now, as a DLC veteran, I want him to be at least a Semi-Clone of Link. Roy has been decloned so I think Young Link may have the same treatment. His Final Smash should be a sword-combo as Fierce Deity Link (similar to Triforce Slash), he could use his Ocarina as a neutral B which allows him to get a buff for 10 seconds and his down B could be a Ground Pound attack as Goron Link.
Almost every character from melee is back, so Young Link has to be the next one!

Krystal (Starfox)
In case Wolf doesn't come back, I think that Krystal is the perfect replacement.
Her staff from Starfox Adventure would make her even more unique than Wolf and she could use other weapon like grenades, a blaster as specials moves.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

A change to my list has been made:
I decided to give the number 10 spot to Balloon Fighter instead of Lip (I modified my original post in this thread to reflect this change)
I still want Lip, but not as much as the Balloon Fighter now (no, im not a bandwagoner).

Last edited by a moderator:

Love Train

Smash Rookie
NNID
ShiNoKamen
3DS FC
2148-8591-7342
10. Captain Rainbow
He is the embodiment of forgotten heroes and characters from the past. Sporting a Captain Falcon-esque physique he could be a Luigi type clone of Captain Falcon, kind of like Ganondorf.
9. Phoenix Wright or Miles Edgeworth
Both are very similar in that they are both attorneys and would be joke characters in Smash. With Phoenix Wright having been in UMvC3 there is already a moveset to work with.
8. Krystal
We need another Star Fox representative and seeing as Krystal is a fan-favourite, who could be a better choice?
7. King K. Rool
My top choice for a new DK representative. He has been seen with 3 different ways of fighting in the DKC series which would a allow for a very diverse playstyle within Smash.
6. Shovel Knight
A very unique and odd character who already has overwhelming community support. His moveset would be reflective of how he plays in his own game.
5. Bayonetta
Is one of the few mature Nintendo exclusives which may or may not hinder her chances at being in the game. She has a very diverse fighting style consisting of firearms, hand-to-hand combat and magic.
4. Snake
One of my personal favourites from Brawl. I was very disappointed when he wasn't confirmed for Sm4sh. His moveset could literally be the same as it was in Brawl and I don't think anyone would complain.
3. Wolf
Not a Fox clone. His moveset and playstyle was reminiscent of Fox and Falco but was unique in it's own right. A fan-favourite and incredibly cool character.
2. Midna and Wolf Link
Midna would ride Link and perform the aerial and special moves while Link would be the one to move around, jump and perform the ground based moves. very Duck Hunt like.
1. Viewtiful Joe
The spiritual predecessor to Wonderful 101 and one of my favourite video games of all time. Joe is an avid comic book and movie lover turned superhero tasked with saving Movieland. His move set in the game consists of fabulous poses and taking advantage of movie SFX. He has projectiles consisting of the Voomerang and Shocking Pink Bombs. He has also appeared in UMvC3.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
I doubt if I can even name 10, because when this question comes to my mind it's probably "Wolf and nothing else", if not "Wolf and not someone" or even "Wolf and remove someone".

Personally, I prefer the air I would like to rank the characters with numbers, and show how much I want (or not even want, just to put it as a filler, IDK)

So the first thing I do is just to write down all names I've heard of, rating by the Want% and Competition (yeah, biased, I know), and turns out before I finish 10, I already got one down to negative want. So... :/

I'll list the characters I got from my results, the original points, plus some personal bias penalties and stuff. I'll probably offend most of you, so spoiler:
  1. :wolf: (duh) 100%(-0%)=100%: Pretty much explained, is one of the first characters I saw when I knew the existence of Smash. Might even be the reason I got into Smash.

(HUGE GAP)
    -====Distinction Mark (50%)====-
    From here, these are the ones I don't truly want, but will feel happy if they returned.

2. :popo: 50%(-6%)=44%, tied with
  3. :snake: 50%(-6%)=44%: Two characters I feel extreme fun playing as. I honestly will not miss them, but at least I will feel hype seeing them back.
  4. Bandanna Waddle Dee 50%(-8%)=42%: Possibly the only newcomer I would feel happy seeing its addition. Granted I never touched the DK series, so yeah.
  5. Slippy Toad 40%(-0%)=40%: This has to do with some later candidates. In short, if he doesn't get in, I'll be fully OK. But if Star Fox MUST have another rep and it can't be Wolf, then he's the one I'll accept. Also could surprise me (in a good way) if this happen.
  6. :linkmelee: 40%(-2%)=38%: Clone arguments aside, I would really have no problem with Young Link returning, in whichever form, as a unique fighter, semiclone, or even still a clone. Zelda could really use some reps to be at least bigger than FE, tho.
  7. :pichumelee: 40%(-4%)=36%: Again, I have no problems with clones, and I, like the Japanese community, always loved to see veterans returning. The only problem would be overrepresentation for Pokemon (which already got 1 DLC fighters already), which is why I gave it a bit lower score.
  8. Ridley 35%(-0%)=35%: I gave it a slight rise in percentage, just because I don't want him to go under the passing mark. Other than the fact that Sakurai has officially addressed about why Ridley can't be a fighter, I could see no reasons why not, nor would I feel sad about it.

Now, here comes the
    -====Passing Mark(31.6%)====-
    From here, if these characters does make it in, my reaction will be "Meh", since I have no love of anything below.

9. Isaac 30%(-4%)=26%: Have no knowledge on the franchise, but at least he seems more relevant and deserves more to be added than anything below him.
  10. Dixie Kong 25%(-8%)=17%: Might just as well be a filler, who somehow is on the last between this passing mark and the allowance mark below. She is still relevant, and is decently popular, so meh.

So here ends the Top 10 list of what I would like to see (not even a "want" list anymore, since only the 1st one fits as one), and here goes the ones I would really feel disappointed or unjustified when they happened. If you made it up to this point without feeling a bit offended, good. But the ratings below will either fill your minds with disagreement, anger, or an urge to rage at me, so again, read at double risk:

-====Allowance Mark (5.6%)====-
    From here, all the characters will give me disappointment or even dehype when happened, but I can still understand.

11. Inkling 10%(-5%)=5%: As I've always said, Splatoon is way too new to already have a rep. I also feel people are overlooking its popularity, who knows if it would actually be a success if the game wasn't even out, and who can guarantee it not to die out after few years or so. Tied with:

12. Captain Toad 10%(-5%)=5%: Again, Mario is already over-represented enough. If anything, I wouldn't want any more Mario characters until the next game if possible.

-====Positive Mark (0%)====-
    From here, I would feel extreme dehype if they appeared. I won't go details, but again, read with quadruple risk.
    You sure you wanna read?
    k:

13. King K Rool 10%(-10%)=0%: Normally I'd give K Rool the same rate as Dixie, but due to the increased tightness of the "slots remaining", I start to feel a worry about K Rool taking over ones I truly want. If DK really gets a rep, I would actually like Dixie more, instead of a crazy-looking crocodile taking place.

14. Daisy 0%(-1%)=-1%: Same reason as Captain Toad, tho I think it's more reasonable Captain Toad gets in than Daisy, when Captain Toad doesn't even feel good for me.

15-19. Shovel Knight, Bayonetta, Wonder Red, Banjo Kazooie, Paper Mario 0%(-3%)=-3%: Out of all these, some are just being so overrated without justification, some don't even seem fit in the game, and some... overrepresentation issues again. (obviously) What makes Daisy over Paper Mario is that Daisy is at least a separate character, Paper Mario is literally a Mario in another form. Despite the "infinite potential" People said, I don't find it acceptable, if Young Link is already dissed.

20. Krystal 0%(-10%)=-10%: Okay, there's just something wrong with the fans I meet. Most of them, not in Smashboards, would say "won't be a clone like Wolf" as their first reason for support. With the added pressure and stuff, if Krystal really gets in before Wolf, I'd really lose hope about Sakurai.
Please don't kill me.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
10) Snake
I like Snake and dislike it when a character like him gets removed
9) Takamaru
A lot people hate swords for some reason, but like people don't seem to realize swords can be used in different fighting style's, Takamaru being a samurai will use Iaido fighting style which has never been used in smash before. Plus I'm still waiting for the reboot.
8) Shanoa or Richter Belmont
A lot people want Simon, but I was never fond of Simon's design. He-man haircut barbarian is just bad. On the other hand Shanoa and Richter both have excellent designs. Shanoa can use a glyph based move set and Richter is just a superior more suave Belmont.
7) Opa Opa
I love Sega, more than Nintendo actually! Sadly like most beloved classic Japanese that have survived this long, they aren't what they used to be. Opa Opa will represent the other side of Sega that's not just Sonic. The cute little spaceship can represent Sega's arcade titles in moveset, music, trophies, and stages. Everything from Space Harrier to even Model 2 games!
6) Chibi Robo
Skip ltd will never get their chance in smash. From Captain Rainbow poor sales and noa non interest to bringing the game to the west to Chibi Robo getting short cheap Eshop games. Chibi Robo now has a platformer and I would love to see the cute little robot. If a Castlevania character can't get in, Chibi can be our whip character! :D
5) Captain Syrup
I love her design and I love Wario Land. Sakurai hates Wario Land, so I can't do anything about that. She's a way better pirate than K Rool
4) Advance Wars trio (Sami, Andy, and Eagle)
Advance Wars is that GBA franchise that got abandoned so hard, it's almost too sad. like not even a character could get a trophy aside from the generic soldier sprites that no one cares about. I was thinking the trio ride in a Metal Slug like tank with puppet controlled toy soldiers (Luma)
3) Wonder Red
Wonderful 101 was the most fun I had with the WiiU. Once you get the controls down, Doing unite combos felt good. Sadly Wonder Red is that character that think needs a lot of support or he'll never get his chance. I can't believe Smash doesn't even have a toku hero character yet, than again we don't even have a samurai yet
2) Reporter & Wrestler
This is a crazy one, but that's what makes it great. Rhythm Heaven is one of my favs franchises. Kokosac charming simplistic characters and the wacky music appeals to me greatly. Chorus Kids sadly could not get in for whatever reason. I was thinking that while the Wrestler fights, the Reporter works like Luma. She would come running in trying to interview the wrestler but accidentally hits the opponents while trying to interview.
1) Anna
I know Smash Fans hate Fire Emblem despite never playing a single game in the franchise or just playing through 10 chapter of Awakening. I understand the 2 much character argument, but I don't care. I just want Anna in. She's appeared in every game, likely to playable in every future title's. she represents the comical side of FE. A cute redhead Thief/ Merchant mixed character that mostly uses bows and concealed weapons like daggers, kunai, and even doubloons. Sign me the **** up

Special Mentions:

Inklings would be on the list but they're like 100% for sure to appear in Smash at some point

Ayumi would be cool since a visual novel horror detective character in Smash sounds to interesting to pass up. Perhaps Nintendo could reboot it on the 3DS in the future. Famicon Detective Club was pretty popular too. It's too bad she didn't make it in Melee

A Style Savvy girl is another great one. Her moveset is literally about fashion, she could use perfume to add status effects on characters, fight with fabulous fashion poses, throw away clothes by clearing out the closet, etc. It could work. Sadly since video games are a male dominated medium and gamers are afraid to play such games, request are low. Maybe if more gamers played Style Stavvy, they could learn how to dress more properly rather than wear an ugly video game t shirt they found at Hot Topic

Paper Mario or a Paper Mario character, Paper Mario 2 is one of my favs of all time. I would love to see Rawk Hawk or Vivian.

Ashley or Mona, Both are great and should have been in Smash WiiU from the start

Jill from Drill Dozer, would of loved her. Sadly Bowser Jr already took up the Tron Bonne pilot robot fighter.

Lin, another awesome AW character I would totally be cool with

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
I want Wolf to return 'cuz he's got his fans and it seems a lil' unfair if Roy and Lucas return without him.
Personally, I'd love to have Ivysaur back. I just love me my Poison-type Pokémon.

As for the other eight... just whoever other people want, I guess.

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
@ Aetheri Aetheri I am changing my top ten list here. Shantae gets booted off of ten and is replaced by Wonder Red. Wonder Red takes Shantae's position because I have seen for myself what Wonder Red could do and the Unite abilities are much more appealing to me than Shantae's transformations. I also think Wonder Red's Unite abilities are easier to pull off than Shantae's transformations.

Magikarpow

Smash Journeyman
10. Gengar - A man can dream.
9. Knuckles - A stronger clone of sonic that can also fly and use fire attacks?! Yes Please!
8. Sceptile - We need a Gen 3 character, and a grass starter.
7. Ice Climbers - Super unique, I need them in my life. Just put them in the Wii U version or New 3DS at least.
6. Balloon Fighter - Really cool concept of a character and I also love the games.
5. Prince of Sable - A fun swordfighter with a great game that would have cool transformational attacks.
4. Waluigi - Would be hilarious to play, and Waluigi needs his day to shine.
3. Ganon - A character that would be plain awesome to see and would hopefully represent his series well. Melee attacks, magic, and a trident.
2.. Captain Toad - Long overdue, toad is a very important character in the Mario series.
1. King K. Rool - Another character that is long overdue. Seriously Sakurai?!

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
1. Crash Bandicoot
2. Wolf O'Donnell
3. Travis (Mother 4)

Tbh, after the first three, I'm not all that pressed about who needs to be in Smash. Really just the first two; I only say Travis because Smashified got me hyped on the idea.

4. Inkling
5. Krystal (Star Fox)
6. Toon Zelda
7. King K. Rool

I really don't have ten, tbh. The last few are really more for everyone else who wants them in and dream characters.

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
10: Captian Rainbow: he met alot of retro characters he looks cool and awesome but..... he is kinda like a joke character

9: :kirby64:: Good luck at making Sukapon amiibo nintendo...

8: Mach rider: he is better than exitebike he has guns he is going to be a better fighter plus we need new retro character

7: Ninten: having ness and lucas without ninten is like having roy and ike but without marth. Ninten is the main character from the first earthbound game he is the reason why ness and lucas existed just like marth and he should never be alt skin of ness

6: :popo:: we can just bring popo but make nana just as alt skin so there is no reason why we should cut them from SSB4

5: King k. Rool: i dont need to explain this

4::wolf:: he is my 2nd main in brawl and we need more villains there is no reason to cut him

3. :roypm:: he is kinda confirmed??? also he is my melee main

2. Isaac: i dont need to explain this

1. Geno: he is my favorite and he was in sakurai poll since Melee and he tied with megaman in sakurai brawl poll where is Geno? the fans are waiting 19 years just to see him back in a game also this is his chance to appear in future mario games
Deconfirmed wanted characters: Ridley, Takamaru, Skull kid, Zororark, Deoxys
update after Roy was confirmed:
10. Captain rainbow: he met alot of retro characters he looks cool and awesome but..... he is kinda like a joke character?

9. Mach rider: he is better than exitebike he has guns he is going to be a better fighter plus we need new retro character

8. Bomberman: he is the best choice for 3rd party character
>has 79 games
>crossovered with Wario
>became one of the biggest gaming icons
but still not in smash? why? i want to see Megaman vs Bomberman vs Sonic vs Pac-man vs Mario, the battle of the biggest video game legends

7. Alex kidd: "i debuted as Sega's mascot, and went head-to-head against N*ntendo's Mar*o." -Alex kidd said this in Segaga on dreamcast back in 2001, there is alot of reasons of why he should the 2nd rep for SEGA and i really want him in smash, if we can get both Ryu and Megaman then why not Sonic and Alex kidd?

6. :popo:: we can just bring Popo but make Nana just an alt skin so there is no reason why we should cut them from SSB4

5. Ninten: having Ness and Lucas without Ninten is like having Roy and Ike but without marth. Ninten is the main character from the first MOTHER game he is the reason why Ness and Lucas existed just like Marth and he should never be alt skin of Ness

4. King k. rool: WHY HE ISNT IN SMASH YET!?

3. :wolf:: he is my 2nd main in brawl and we need more villains there was reason to cut him at first

2. Isaac: WHY HE ISNT IN SMASH YET!?

1. Geno: he is my favorite video game character and he was in sakurai poll since Melee and he tied with megaman in sakurai brawl poll where is Geno? the fans are waiting 19 years just to see him back in a game also this is his chance to appear in future mario games if he become DLC, bring this guy back to life please Nintendo :sadeyes:

Last edited:

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
I thought I may as well add my two cents to this.

10. Ivysaur

Why exactly was Ivysaur (And Squirtle, but he's not in my top 10) removed in smash 4, yet Charizard got return? I loved playing as Ivysaur, with his stupidly strong up smash and fun projectiles.

9. Ice Climbers (OR just Popo)

I used to not care about them until Smash 4, when they were removed, which made me interested in playing in Brawl. I loved playing as them (Without the chain grabs, mind you). The two-players at once aspect was really fun to mess around with.

8. Banjo and Kazooie

While I didn't really like Banjo and Kazooie (the game), I really liked the characters and Banjo has a lot of potential for a fun moveset similar to Duck Hunt.

7. Takamaru

Samurais are awesome, plus Takamaru has ninja stars and other cool weapons to be unique from other sword fighters.

6. Boggy B.

The amount of possibilities for a fun and unique moveset for this guy is incredible.

5. Young Link

A veteran that could easily become a semi-clone from Link using the masks from Majora's Mask. Swapping between them in a way similar to Shulk, YL's stats and abilities could change depending the mask he's wearing (If wearing one). Smash 4 is severely lacking in milk too.

4. Bandana Dee

Bandana Dee could easily have a moveset using his Spear (And maybe the Parasol for Parasol Waddle Dee). Plus, Kirby needs more representation, as he's one of Nintendo's biggest franchises. Smash 4 is also severely lacking in Waddle Dees (There's like 3 or something).

3. Pichu

There are so many ways one could make Pichu a semi-clone of Pikachu, it's crazy. Plus, Pichu was somewhat popular with casual players of Melee because of how cute it was.

2. Wolf

He's the most requested veteran right now and Star Fox Zero's impending release would make him a perfect DLC character for December (Or sooner). Plus, Wolf is awesome.

1. Rayman

If we could only have one more DLC character, I'd want it to be Rayman. With all the moveset potential, popularity, and having three trophies in the game already, Rayman would be a great and accepted addition to the Smash 4 roster.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
I'm game. Here we go:

10 - Wolf

Deserving character, I like Villains. Never been a spacey fan but Wolf was the one I preferred.

9 - Snake

Pretty similar to Wolf in that he is a veteran I like though I didn't play as him all that often.

8 - Bandana Dee

Not a character I find compelling aesthetically but could be fun to play as. One of the better ballot choices.

7 - Isaac

Absolutely deserves it. Don't personally like his design but again could easily be made fun.

6 - Dixie Kong

DK is a great franchise, and Dixie is a cool character. Not the most exciting newcomer the franchise could get but a deserving one nonetheless.

5 - Simon Belmont

A fun character, love letter to the NES and SNES era, and Castlevania deserves it in my opinion.

4 - Ganon

A compelling villain with potential for a good moveset.

3 - Sylux

An interesting character with good moveset potential. No chance this time round but decent prospects in the future.

2 - Ice Climbers

My old main from Brawl. Got into them pretty much by accident after being forced to use them in SSE. I don't think there's any chance of them being DLC, but this is a wishlist after all.

1 - King K. Rool

My most wanted newcomer by a country mile. Awesome character, potential for a really fun moveset.

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
Here I go~
カスミ~10~MISTY (Pokémon Red and Green, GB 02/27/1996)
Any potential choice, to me, is an automatic dislike compared with Misty. Why? Chick's my veritable "waifu," that's why. But seriously, though, I'm just mad at the 3DS version for being such an old man about everything. At least there's Smash 5 if it's console-only...

新キャラクター~9~NEW CHARACTER (F-Zero series)
Quite a few possibilities outside of the Assist Trophy Goroh. Jody Summer, Black Shadow, even the real Blood Falcon (Depicted in spoiler above), you name it. Just...give us a second F-Zero rep, Sakurai. Pretty please with sugar on it?

フシギソウ~8~IVYSAUR (Pokémon Red and Green, GB 02/27/1996)
:ivysaur:
I was half-tempted to go with Sceptile, but in the end, Brawl-stalgia gives Ivy a healthy edge. Just make her assemble a squad of the other Grass starters for her new Final Smash!:4pacman:

インパ~7~IMPA (The Legend of Zelda, FcD 02/21/1986)
Admit it, Impa's received some serious renewal of potential since being playable in Hyrule Warriors. Her naginata, magic, claymore, and other factors should easily set this bodyguard apart from a certain alter ego of a certain Hylian princess.

イサ・ジョー~6~ISA JO (Sin & Punishment: Star Successor, Wii 10/29/2009)
What Saki should have been, Isa now has a bit better chance to be. Lasers and acrobatic martial arts fit this kid beyond perfectly when it comes to a core moveset. I wonder if either a team up with Kachi or a Ruffian morph could work as Isa's Final Smash?

レイマン~5~RAYMAN (Rayman, JAG 09/01/1995)
Train your kids as hard as possible to say this: A trophy isn't, isn't, isn't enough. A TROPHY DAMN WELL ISN'T ENOUGH.

Many of you may have been SURPRIIIIIISED (I'm so sorry, I had to) that Ubisoft would even let Sakurai give Ray a cameo appearance in Sm4sh. If you truly wanted Rayman, you would then put up with a bit of disappointment - not once, but twice. Remember ArtsyOmni's infamous "leak"? Well, if Rayman's going to have a chance again, make that become real. Quoth the Super Monaco GP announcer, "Now it's up to you!"

ウルフ・オドネル~4~WOLF O’DONNELL (Star Fox 64, N64 04/27/1997)
:wolf:
If Wolf still doesn't get in as one of the Ballot characters, I think I might weep like a man from a "former Brawl player" standpoint. Like, c'mon, people. He's the Luigi to Falco's Dr. Mario, for Pete's sake! Sure, he's going to get a new voice actor to accomodate 64 3D, but so did the Star Fox pilots themselves. Just tweak his Brawl moveset to fit the Sm4sh aesthetic, and bingo.

ミニカンガルー~3~MINI KANGAROO (Mini Game toys, 1971)
This is the best pre-vidya rep anyone can come across since Daitoryo. Give her UNiC0RN's moveset and she'll be golden.

ハンター~2~HUNTER (Metroid Prime games, 03/20/2006 onward)
Quite a few possibilities for a new Bounty Hunter, so I just lumped 'em all in together. Realistically, I'd say either the enigmatic Sylux or the super-chill Rundas. Depending on the Hunter Sakurai ends up wanting, the moveset potential could mean a lot to that Hunter's inclusion!

シャンティ~1~SHANTAE (Shantae, GBC 06/02/2002)
Oh, look. It's literally Viable Indie Rep #7650. Forget Shovel Knight, CommanderVideo, Binding!Isaac, and even Quote. Shantae is the only one who's been there in any way since 2002, born for the end of the Game Boy Color's lifespan. Ever since rising back into her intended fame with what will eventually be her whole series downloadable via the eShop, this crazy li'l half-genie makes up for her lack of foreign relevance with an unhealthily wide skill set - more than enough to cram into her Sm4sh moveset. All the Sm4sh staff has to do is cherry pick the best bits, and they'll make Shantae unique as can be without breaking the core gameplay!

Oh, and the gal's got a refreshing sense of personality that sets her apart from most game heroines: she's stern and behaves a bit awkwardly, but kind and strong-willed anyway - all while being a "frilly" tough-girl sort. Get the hint? Then get Ret-2-Go! (AIRHORNAIRHORNAIRHORNAIRHORN) You're smart. You're loyal. You're grateful. I appreciate that.

pls don't kill me for ripping off your act tk
To be honest, if the 3DS version didn't limit anything, I'd have Misty be number 1 and everyone else tied for 11 or worse. But I digress...

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Here I go~
カスミ~10~MISTY (Pokémon Red and Green, GB 02/27/1996)
Any potential choice, to me, is an automatic dislike compared with Misty. Why? Chick's my veritable "waifu," that's why. But seriously, though, I'm just mad at the 3DS version for being such an old man about everything. At least there's Smash 5 if it's console-only...

新キャラクター~9~NEW CHARACTER (F-Zero series)
Quite a few possibilities outside of the Assist Trophy Goroh. Jody Summer, Black Shadow, even the real Blood Falcon (Depicted in spoiler above), you name it. Just...give us a second F-Zero rep, Sakurai. Pretty please with sugar on it?

フシギソウ~8~IVYSAUR (Pokémon Red and Green, GB 02/27/1996)
:ivysaur:
I was half-tempted to go with Sceptile, but in the end, Brawl-stalgia gives Ivy a healthy edge. Just make her assemble a squad of the other Grass starters for her new Final Smash!:4pacman:

インパ~7~IMPA (The Legend of Zelda, FcD 02/21/1986)
Admit it, Impa's received some serious renewal of potential since being playable in Hyrule Warriors. Her naginata, magic, claymore, and other factors should easily set this bodyguard apart from a certain alter ego of a certain Hylian princess.

イサ・ジョー~6~ISA JO (Sin & Punishment: Star Successor, Wii 10/29/2009)
What Saki should have been, Isa now has a bit better chance to be. Lasers and acrobatic martial arts fit this kid beyond perfectly when it comes to a core moveset. I wonder if either a team up with Kachi or a Ruffian morph could work as Isa's Final Smash?

レイマン~5~RAYMAN (Rayman, JAG 09/01/1995)
Train your kids as hard as possible to say this: A trophy isn't, isn't, isn't enough. A TROPHY DAMN WELL ISN'T ENOUGH.

Many of you may have been SURPRIIIIIISED (I'm so sorry, I had to) that Ubisoft would even let Sakurai give Ray a cameo appearance in Sm4sh. If you truly wanted Rayman, you would then put up with a bit of disappointment - not once, but twice. Remember ArtsyOmni's infamous "leak"? Well, if Rayman's going to have a chance again, make that become real. Quoth the Super Monaco GP announcer, "Now it's up to you!"

ウルフ・オドネル~4~WOLF O’DONNELL (Star Fox 64, N64 04/27/1997)
:wolf:
If Wolf still doesn't get in as one of the Ballot characters, I think I might weep like a man from a "former Brawl player" standpoint. Like, c'mon, people. He's the Luigi to Falco's Dr. Mario, for Pete's sake! Sure, he's going to get a new voice actor to accomodate 64 3D, but so did the Star Fox pilots themselves. Just tweak his Brawl moveset to fit the Sm4sh aesthetic, and bingo.

ミニカンガルー~3~MINI KANGAROO (Mini Game toys, 1971)
This is the best pre-vidya rep anyone can come across since Daitoryo. Give her UNiC0RN's moveset and she'll be golden.

ハンター~2~HUNTER (Metroid Prime games, 03/20/2006 onward)
Quite a few possibilities for a new Bounty Hunter, so I just lumped 'em all in together. Realistically, I'd say either the enigmatic Sylux or the super-chill Rundas. Depending on the Hunter Sakurai ends up wanting, the moveset potential could mean a lot to that Hunter's inclusion!

シャンティ~1~SHANTAE (Shantae, GBC 06/02/2002)
Oh, look. It's literally Viable Indie Rep #7650. Forget Shovel Knight, CommanderVideo, Binding!Isaac, and even Quote. Shantae is the only one who's been there in any way since 2002, born for the end of the Game Boy Color's lifespan. Ever since rising back into her intended fame with what will eventually be her whole series downloadable via the eShop, this crazy li'l half-genie makes up for her lack of foreign relevance with an unhealthily wide skill set - more than enough to cram into her Sm4sh moveset. All the Sm4sh staff has to do is cherry pick the best bits, and they'll make Shantae unique as can be without breaking the core gameplay!

Oh, and the gal's got a refreshing sense of personality that sets her apart from most game heroines: she's stern and behaves a bit awkwardly, but kind and strong-willed anyway - all while being a "frilly" tough-girl sort. Get the hint? Then get Ret-2-Go! (AIRHORNAIRHORNAIRHORNAIRHORN) You're smart. You're loyal. You're grateful. I appreciate that.

pls don't kill me for ripping off your act tk
To be honest, if the 3DS version didn't limit anything, I'd have Misty be number 1 and everyone else tied for 11 or worse. But I digress...

Someone else other than me that would love Mini Kangaroo as a new WTF rep? Sweet!

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Long time lurker, first post on SB, forgot I even made a profile. Tried to make one just for this topic and found out I already had one.
Anyway this is exciting, let's get started.

10. Ridley (Metroid)- I don't think size should be a problem since there is so many inconsistencies with all the other character's sizes (seriously isn't King Dedede like 3 feet tall?). The idea of having a big character with an aerial game that rivals Jigglypuff's is worth a slot to me.

9. Lip (Panel de Pon)- I like the idea of having a character that can cause damage w/o constantly attacking (like Olimar and his Pikmin). Implement other puzzle elements in, and I feel she could be a really good character.

8. Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight)- I like really quirky and obscure characters. No other real reason than that :p

7. Inkling (Splatoon)- Comes from the game that's been taking up most of my time recently. Plus, I think being able to move through ink in the battlefield can change up gameplay in interesting ways.

6. K.Rool (Donkey Kong Country)- Honestly surprised he's not in yet. Big character with a decent long range game, sounds fun to me.

5. Isaac (Golden Sun)- He can make rocks fall from the sky. Why not?

4. Bomberman (Bomberman)- Always enjoyed the games, and love the character design. Think his moveset would seem basic at first until you figure out all the different uses for it (kind of like Sonic's spindash if that made any sense). Mostly just want him cause he looks cool.

3. Wolf (Star Fox)- I hate the arguments that he's a clone. I mean first off, his attacks in Brawl are plenty different from Fox and Falco's, secondly it's not like that moveset is based off of anything from the Star Fox games. You could give him some fan-made Spiderman moveset if you really wanted to, he's practically a blank sheet of paper.

The reason I really want him is because I always really liked his character anyway. He's the perfect blend of badass antihero that only Meta Knight can rival. So why did he get cut again?

2. Rayman (Rayman)- I've always wanted a character with elastic properties to be in Smash, and even though he's not really elastic I think Rayman can fit that bill. Plus, Rayman Legends pretty much already has all of his neutral, tilts, and aerials; so his moveset's pretty much already figured out.

1. Ice Climbers (Ice Climber)- They've been my main for the last two games. I was devastated when I learned they were cut. They have such an original concept. I really want them back, if only for the massive amount of salt they leave in their path.

I know the 3DS apparently can't handle them or whatever, but this is a list on our personal top 10's, so yeah they're going on top. And who knows, maybe with some more support, Sakurai will try and figure something out.

Last edited:

Violenceman

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ash316

When Chrous Kids were originally "leaked" for Smash, I was immediately intrigued at the thought of a character with rhythm based play style. This extends to Tempo, who lends some added visual appeal to this concept with a slick design and unique weapon. I envision him as a middleweight combo-focused melee fighter, who is focused on the timing of his attacks. He would have a series of musical notes above his damage meter (like Little Mac's KO Meter) that would pulse one after another on a steady beat; every hit that lends during a pulse would deal extra damage and successive hits on beat would continue to grow in power. His Down Special would allow the player to switch between 3/3, 4/4 and 6/6 time; higher pulse frequency allowing for more chances, but resulting in quicker pulse duration which would require more pinpoint accuracy.

I absolutely love Waddle Dee. It is hard to find a Nintendo character cuter than Kirby, but Waddle Dee fits the bill in spades. Ever since you could play as him as a helper in Super Star, I have relished any opportunity to play as the pudgy little minion and it would be great to see him in smash. As a light-weight ranged melee fighter, Waddle Dee would play keep away with the range of his parasol and spear weapons, as well as unleash Beam attacks he learned from his Waddle Doo cousins. Of course, his alternate color schemes would include his Bandana wearing variant, as well as the Sailor design.

Move over Duck Hunt Dog...we have a new troll character! Savvy Stylist would be fun to play as if for no other reason to wreck opponents with the most innocuous assortment of items. A jab combo that involves scissors, a curling iron and hairdryer? Reaching into a purse to chuck a series of make-up products as projectiles? A grab that involves encasing someone in a changing room-like privacy curtain and tossing outfits in at them for damage, which also forcibly changes their color scheme? Sign me up! Ideally, her Final Smash would be a super flashy runway show where she straight-up glamours her opponents off the stage.

Probably the least likely character on this list (and that is saying something), this pint-sized princess of the putting green originates from the Mario Golf series, back when it featured unique human characters and not just mainline Mario characters. Plum has really only had one major appearance and a few cameos, but she is has show some iconic status as the "face" of the Mario Golf series (besides Mario himself, of course). There is a lot you can do with a Golf-based move set; Plum can of course drive the ball off a tee in a long cross-stage arc or putt it along the ground (complete with a swing meter to determine speed and power), but she could also create sand traps to hamper opponent movement and ride a giant divot into the sky to recover. The Mario Golf series is up there in the Mario Spin-Off titles with the most entries, so I think some representation is well-warranted.

Oh boy. Not going to earn any fans with this one. Yes, while most people debate over whether K Rool or Dixie deserves to fill in a third DK slot, I am pulling for the Stanley the Bugman, the protagonist of Donkey Kong III. I just feel there is more potential for originality here; while K Rool and Dixie both have very established characters with defined moves (which I personally don't find very exciting to play with), Stanley is a blank slate. So, like Ice Climbers, we have more freedom to come up with a move set based on his role as greenhouse keeper. In addition to his gas can, Stanley could throw a beehive at his opponents that would break open and release attack bees to swarm and sting nearby targets. Or he could plant piranha plants in the ground to act as sentries that bite enemies that get close or shoot out fireballs. I'd like to see what else they could come up with for this character.

I have a great number of Third Party characters I would like to see join the battle, including Bomberman, Banjo-Kazooie, and Crono from Chrono Trigger. However, I feel like more than 5 in the current roster is just too many and if there is only one other game series that deserves to be represented, it has to be Castlevania. Like Mega Man, Castlevania is one of those game franchises that was synonymous with Nintendo back in the NES days and continues to release new games even today. Simon would translate perfectly to Smash as well; a heavier character like Snake was, Simon's main weapon would be his whip, which would have a sweet spot during the whip crack. For his specials, he could rely on his variety of items; he could throw his boomerang cross for his side special, throw holy water on the ground for a down special and use his throwing axe for his up special. Plus, we could get a Dracula's Castle stage with some great fighting tunes like Vampire Killer and Bloody Tears.

I have only one veteran pick on this list; I really wanted to focus solely on new characters, but I just couldn't leave these guys off. The Ice Climbers have been favorite characters of mine for both Melee and Brawl and it hurt to see them left off the roster this go around. I am hoping the post-development period has given them enough time to get the Icies to work on the 3DS; I would even settle for a slightly less autonomous Nana if that was required to make it work. Just don't split them up into single characters; I also lost my other favorite Brawl character, Pokemon Trainer, and playing Charizard without the switch mechanic just isn't the same. It's ether both or nothing for me, although I would greatly prefer the former to the latter.

I share my name with this guy, so I have got a special bond right off the bat; there are not many playable characters named Andy out there. But there is more than that, of course; Advance Wars (and other Wars games) is one of those lost franchises rife with potential that needs to be tapped. Andy fights with a wrench, which is pretty unique right there, but his specials would be where he shines. Since bringing in a real army is a bit out of scope, Andy would release little wind-up toy versions of units, like soldiers, tanks, planes, etc. into action (like Bowser Jr's machakoopas). These "toys" would pack a punch, however, and your opponents would feel like they have to fight off an army. Andy could also command them around in various ways, getting them to focus on a single target or just go after whatever is closest.

Whenever I hear someone complain that their favorite game series' are underrepresented in Smash, I have to smile to myself and shake my head. Not that their opinions are in any way invalid, they just have nothing compared to StarTropics fans. This little series has been widely ignored by Nintendo in general and especially in Smash. Not only has there not been a playable character, there has been no assist trophies, no stages, no music, no items, no collectable trophies and not even a single sticker in Brawl. Seriously, there were 700 of the damn things and not one StarTropics reference! It is beyond time for this series to get its due and I can think of no better way then to get Mike Jones in smash. Mike would sling his yo-yo around for his standard attacks (getting more mileage out of it than Ness by taking advantage of angling a ranged attack) and his special attacks would include a wind-up pitch with a baseball, bolas to trip up running opponents, a Magic Mirror to deflect projectiles and a psychic shockwave.

Isaac Ragnarocks the House!

My number one pick by a long shot has to be Isaac from the criminally underutilized Golden Sun series. There is just so much you could do with this guy. Psychic attacks with ethereal hands than can push, swat or grab enemies. Earth attacks like raising giant boulders from the ground or creating defensive rock walls. Plant attacks like enveloping vines or spiked bamboo shoots. Djinn that would attach to him as the battle went on, increasing his stats until he decides to release them with a powerful one-time attack. And that is without touching his sword, which could be used for aerial attacks, where he is away from the ground. Make him a heavier character with knock-back resistance (since he is well grounded) and you have a solid Smash character. Seriously, this guy needs to be in this game. There is too much potential to leave him on the sidelines. He was left off of the Assist Trophy roster this time around, so let's make that worth something!

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I finally have some time on my hands to post on this thread, so here it goes.

Inkling
I'm loving Splatoon the more I play it, and it has reached the point that I wouldn't mind seeing the Inklings in Smash Bros. We currently don't have a lot of gun users on the Smash roster, and the Inklings would fill that role perfectly. They'd even be very unique for gun yielders since instead of shooting energy beams, they'd shoot paint (or technically ink) from their guns. They could also be interesting with the ability to create a paint path so that they have longer roll times. That is, their rolling would be them turning into squids and moving through the ink just like in the games. I can already see a special moveset for them as well. Their normal special would be the charger weapon, the roller for their side special, the super squid jump for their up special, the use of bombs/sneakers/ink mines/etc. for their down special, and their final smash being the powerful weapons like the Kraken/Inkstrike/Inkzooka. The main thing holding them back is that they are still pretty new, and I will admit that Smash 5 is where they have the better chance. Even then, they have interesting potential, so if they do make into Smash 4, I'll be interested in playing them.

Black Mage
Though I know about his home series, I have never played any of the Final Fantasy games. However, there is one game I played where he appeared as a playable character: Mario Sports Mix. He has become my favorite character in that game. I love his design, his voice, and the way he uses magic when playing in the field. We don't have a lot of magic users on the Smash roster at the moment, and Black Mage would be a fantastic addition to fill that role. If he does end up in Smash Bros, I hope Sakurai uses his Mario Sports Mix/Mario Hoops 3-on-3 design (pictured above) along with his voice from those games.

Wolf
Wolf was one of my most played characters back in the early days of Brawl, behind my secondary, Toon Link. The main concept I like about Wolf is that he isn't a direct clone of Fox compared to Falco. Sure Wolf's special moveset is based on Fox's moveset, but it still feels different. Even most of his moves feel different from Fox, and he's an awesome villain too. I was a bit saddened that he didn't make it into the Smash Bros 4, but I firmly believe he has the best chance out of all the veterans yet to return. so I'd be happy to see him come back. Despite all this, he isn't at the top of my list because I do have other characters I prefer seeing get in over him.

Tetra
She's my favorite character from the child era Zelda games (a.k.a. Windwaker, Phantom Hourglass, and Spirit Tracks), and she's definitely up there for one of my most wanted Zelda characters for DLC. I love her personality, and she can definitely have a very interesting moveset where she could use pirate-based attacks like cannons, slingshots, bombs, swords, etc. Unfortunately, it's not likely we are going to have a second Windwaker rep, but at least she still has some sort of chance thanks to Windwaker HD and her appearance in Hyrule Warriors.

Impa
Impa is my most wanted Zelda character for Smash Bros. Although she has appeared in all of the Zelda games, I really feel as if she is becoming much more important to the Zelda series thanks to her roles in Skyward Sword and Hyrule Warriors. It's that Impa from those two games that I am especially interested in seeing for Smash Bros. She definitely has the potential for a very interesting moveset thanks to those two games. While I'd be happy seeing Tetra in Smash, I'd be even happier if Impa was the 6th Zelda rep.

Bandana Dee
I still wonder how this guy wasn't on the initial Smash 4 roster. He's becoming a main star in the Kirby games ever since his debut in Kirby Super Star Ultra. In fact, he's appeared in every Kirby game since his release, even being a playable character in Kirby's Return to Dreamland and Kirby and the Rainbow Curse. That being said, there's no doubt that he is the most likely candidate for the fourth Kirby rep. He'd even stand out on the roster since we are yet to see any spear users, and he already has a workable moveset thanks to Kirby's Return to Dreamland (ex. his up special would be the move when he spins the spear above him like it's a helicopter). With such unique potential, I can agree he'd a great addition for Smash Bros, but there is another lance user I'm more interested in seeing.

Azura
I know many think there shouldn't be anymore Fire Emblem reps, and I can agree with that. However, in the slight chance we somehow get a 6th Fire Emblem rep, I want that FE character to be Azura. I have been watching lots of Fire Emblem Fates videos lately, and Azura has been growing into both my favorite character in the game and one of my favorites from all the Fire Emblem games combined. She's quite appealing for me because of how unique she is. The closest fighter we have that attacks with song is Jigglypuff, and we don't have any sort of fighter that focuses on dancing. Azura focuses on both of these styles, giving her some interesting potential for a moveset. We also do not have any lance yielders on the Smash roster, and we lack fighters that attack with water (currently, Greninja is the only one to fill that role). Yet again, Azura has both of these play styles. Combine her singing, dancing, lance-yielding, and water-bending abilities together and you have one of the most interesting fighters on the Smash Bros scene.

Of course, much like the Inklings, she is still a new character (but even newer than the Inklings since her game was released in Japan last month and is yet to release in the States), so I will agree that she would be more fitting for Smash Bros 5. However, it's thanks to how much she's grown on me that I'd be very happy seeing her get in as Smash 4 DLC. Between her and Bandana Dee, the reason why I rated her higher is because she is my favorite of the two. Thus, I am more interested in her as a fighter in Smash Bros compared to Bandana Dee. However, I still like him, and I do understand why his chances are better than hers.

And here's where things really start to get interesting.

Jean Descole
Yep, you already know who's in my top 2 just by seeing this guy in my number 3 spot. Professor Layton's original archnemesis (being the main villain of the prequel trilogy of the Layton series), Jean Descole definitely has some huge moveset potential for Smash Bros. He can fight with his sword, brawl with agile punches and kicks, dodge using parkour tactics, and use various weapons of his own to demonstrate his scientific genius (his Final Smash would definitely be his destructive robot from Last Specter). He also has mysterious design, something that we don't really have on the Smash Bros roster. He'd also represent a type of villain that is yet to be properly represented on the Smash Bros roster aside from Mewtwo: a tragic villain. Obviously, I will not go into details about why he's a tragic villain and why he's mysterious, so you can do the research on your own.

Yes, I know Descole almost has no chance at the moment. You cannot add the villain before the hero, and with Professor Layton yet to appear on the Smash Bros roster, Descole finds himself in a really tough spot, not to mention he lacks ballot support and is nowhere in the likes of Dr. Eggman, Dr. Wily, and M. Bison when it comes to iconic third party villains. It's because of Descole's slim chances that he is lower than his heroic counterpart on this list . It's also thanks to the odds going against him that I wouldn't be disappointed if he didn't end up as a playable fighter in Smash Bros, as I am more interested in seeing his heroic counterpart join Smash Bros. Thus, I wouldn't mind seeing Descole as a stage boss, a Mii costume, or an Assist Trophy, but if he does end up as a playable fighter, I would obviously be screaming with excitement since he's up there in my top 10. He's a truly awesome villain if you played the Layton games, and deep within my heart, I think he should show how cool of an antagonist he really is in Smash Bros (perhaps many of you will have different opinions, but again, this list is all about my most wanted.

Gallade
Huh? No Sceptile, Pichu, Squirtle, Ivysaur, or Meowth for my most wanted Pokemon rep? Well truth be told, the most requested Pokemon for Smash Bros aren't on my radar, mainly because they aren't Pokemon I'm particularly interested in (except for Pichu since he was my main/my favorite character in Melee for a period of time, though Pichu isn't a fighter I'm entirely interested in seeing for Smash Bros 4 DLC unless he has some major changes in his moveset).

So why, of all Pokemon, do I want Gallade in Smash Bros? Simply put, Gallade is my favorite Pokemon, even becoming one of my favorite characters from all Nintendo franchises combined. I also believe Gallade would definitely be a very interesting addition in Smash Bros with the ability to grow swords from his elbows, dual yield them, and change the type of his blades at will (such as blades of dark energy, leaf energy, psychic energy, etc.); None of the Smash swordsmen are capable of this, nor can they change their blades to different types. Gallade could also stand out as a unique swordsmen with a lot of physical, brawling attacks and psychic powers to reflect his typing from the games. All of the current sword users on the Smash roster are very limited with their physical attacks, nor do any of them use psychic powers (aside from Shulk and his visions). Keeping all of this in mind, Gallade would definitely one of the most unique swordsman in Smash Bros if he got in.

Yes, I do know Gallade's chances are pretty slim for Smash Bros DLC. He lacks major ballot support despite being fairly popular in the Pokemon franchise, and he is also not one of the most iconic Pokemon out there. When it comes to Smash Bros, the Pokemon that are picked are usually the ones that had some sort of prominence at some point, usually prominent to the point they had major roles in the anime. Pikachu is Pokemon's mascot and Ash's signature Pokemon, Jigglypuff has a prominent role in the early days of the anime as a recurring character (and it gained some importance again thanks to its Fairy typing), Charizard is the most iconic of all the starter Pokemon and was another prominent Pokemon on Ash's team (even reappearing in the BW anime for a period of time), and Lucario was the star in one of the movies. Greninja is an exception since he was picked before X/Y were released, but you get where I'm going. Gallade hasn't had that sort of fame yet, and his female counterpart, Gardevoir, is more popular and prominent than he is in the Pokemon franchise (though Gallade could have more iconic roles in the future; we'll see). Thus, much like Descole's situation, I won't be hurt if Gallade doesn't make it in, though I'd obviously would scream with joy if he was revealed to join the Smash Bros roster since he's a huge favorite of mine.

At this point, some of you are probably intrigued that the past three characters on my list are characters whose chances are quite slim on the Smash Bros 4 DLC scene. The main reason why the low-chance characters are higher than the top-chance characters is because most of the current high chance characters don't seem to interest me too much compared to the other characters who have small chances when it comes to becoming playable fighters in Smash Bros. Azura, Descole, and Gallade all fall under the category of these small-chance characters, and simply put, I like them more than the other 6 I previously discussed. However, my number one most wanted is a character who is arguably up there in the Smash Ballot scene.

Professor Layton
You should've seen this coming once you saw Descole on my list. I'm a huge fan of the Professor Layton games, and I really liked Layton in the games because of his incredible intellect and gentleman-like personality that makes him quite the role-model in video games. That being said, I would absolutely love to see Professor Layton in Smash Bros. He may be a true gentleman, but Layton once said, "A true gentleman never plays his ace-in-the-hole until absolutely necessary." The Professor has been shown to be a very capable fighter in the past. In addition to his fencing skills, he has invented weapons through his puzzle skills like the Coin-Slot Machine Gun from Unwound Future, the Stone Catapult from Last Specter, the Custom Glider from Curious Village, etc. He could even incorporate hint coins into his moveset, along with some animal friends, toy robots, some materials from the puzzles he solved in the past, etc. He would truly be a very interesting fighter in Smash Bros with his moveset potential. Imagine looking at him when a match begins and you think to yourself, "What is this generic-looking gentleman going to do to me?" Suddenly, he shows everything he's capable of and you say "uh-oh" in your mind, and before long, you realize Professor Layton was playing one step ahead of you the entire match thanks to his powerful intellect.

His games were also some of the most iconic in Nintendo's portable gaming industry despite being a third party character, so his history with Nintendo would make him an excellent addition to the Smash Bros roster (not to mention we need a true puzzle game rep outside of Dr. Mario). There's no doubt his reveal trailer for Smash Bros would make me dance and roar with happiness since he is my most wanted character for Smash Bros 4 DLC.

Last edited:

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
1. Princess Daisy (Mario Bros)
2. Chrom (Fire Emblem)
3. Bayonetta (Bayonetta)
4. Azura "or Corrin" (Fire Emblem)
5. Isaac (Golden Sun)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
6. Midna (The Legend of Zelda)
7. Tails (Sonic)
8. Krystal (Star Fox)
9. Shantae (Shantae)
10. Rayman (Rayman)

*I put a separation in the top 10, because I have only voted for the first five characters.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
My updated top 10.
Would it be possible if you could tell me the changes? So I can adjust accordingly...(I can't remember what your original list was)

----

After almost a month of ignoring this thread I've managed to update finally...

10. Banjo & Kazooie - 49 *x3
9. Dixie Kong - 63 *x2
8. Bandanna Dee - 77 *x6
7. Ice Climbers - 77 *x7
6. Snake - 88 *x4
5. Inkling - 92 *
4. Ridley - 96 *x12
3. Isaac - 119 *x9
2. Wolf - 129 *x10
1. King K Rool - 156 *x16

Changes:
-Wolf blasted ahead of Isaac gaining 23 points since my last update...are people starting to worry that he won't be brought back?
-Inklings gained a bunch of support as well and pulled ahead of Snake
-Ice Climbers pulled just barely ahead of Bandana Dee with one more top pick
-King K Rool is still holding the high ground...Wanna place any bets how many points he'll get before his eventual release? (If it ever happens of course, I'm sure it will, just not speaking in absolutes here)
-Impa and Shantae are the only characters outside of the top 10 that have 40+ points

Would it be possible if you could tell me the changes? So I can adjust accordingly...(I can't remember what your original list was)

----

After almost a month of ignoring this thread I've managed to update finally...

10. Banjo & Kazooie - 49 *x3
9. Dixie Kong - 63 *x2
8. Bandanna Dee - 77 *x6
7. Ice Climbers - 77 *x7
6. Snake - 88 *x4
5. Inkling - 92 *
4. Ridley - 96 *x12

3. Isaac - 119 *x9
2. Wolf - 129 *x10
1. King K Rool - 156 *x16

Changes:
-Wolf blasted ahead of Isaac gaining 23 points since my last update...are people starting to worry that he won't be brought back?
-Inklings gained a bunch of support as well and pulled ahead of Snake
-Ice Climbers pulled just barely ahead of Bandana Dee with one more top pick
-King K Rool is still holding the high ground...Wanna place any bets how many points he'll get before his eventual release? (If it ever happens of course, I'm sure it will, just not speaking in absolutes here)
-Impa and Shantae are the only characters outside of the top 10 that have 40+ points
I have updated it many times, but if I remember right, my original list contained only K. Rool, Bandana Dee, Wolf, Ridley, Kamek and Magolor (in that order), others (Meowth, Gengar, Black Mage, Agumon (who is no longer in the list) and Bomberman) were added later.

Some recent changes I made:
- Gengar surpassed Ridley
- Bomberman was added to 7th place
- Kamek, Magolor and Meowth all dropped one place (due to Bomberman's addition)
- Agumon was taken out from the list (he was 10th before Bomberman's addition)

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
Got a couple of adjustments to my list mate.
  • Moved Starman from 8th to 10th place.
  • Removed Isaac and K. Rool from 9th and 10th (they're off the list).
  • Placed Zero from the Mega Man franchise in 8th.
  • Placed Nightmare from Soul Calibur II in 9th.

Last edited:

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
I don't think Ice Climbers will or CAN come back, a well known fact already. I'm disappointed that BWD is only 8 now, but that's only this thread, not the world.

I think we will get four DLC characters from the ballot, and I think they'll be Wolf, K Rool, Isaac, and Bandana Dee. It makes sense, because then there would be 4 DLC veterans, and 4 DLC newcomers.

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
1. Eliwood (Fire Emblem)
2. Black Shadow (F-Zero)
3. Lana (Hyrule Warriors)

4. Isaac (Golden Sun/GS: Dark Dawn)
5. King. K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country series)
6. Zant (Zelda)
7. Mona (Wario Ware)
8. Micaiah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)
9. Ryouma (Fire Emblem Fates. Bring on the Lobster Lord)
10. Raichu (Pokemon)

Special Mention: Musou Ganondorf (Hyrule Warriors)

Last edited:

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
Considering i more want cool/interesting characters than reps from my favorite game, these are a bit different reasonings than most.

10) Tails (Sonic the Hedgehog) - Tails is a very unique character, to the point where his playability in Sonic games feels shoehorned to avoid level design complications as spindashing always feels out of character for him to me. He could bring a very light/floaty tech-based character to the game that utilizes a lot of gadgets combined with tail whip attacks. They would have to really break his character to make him a sonic clone. I rate him as 10 purely because im not a huge sonic fan, but i like the character.

9) Dark Samus (Metroid Prime 2 and 3) - This is literally the only character i want in more for franchise rep than the character itself. Metroid really needs more rep, and the Metroid Prime fused with Samus' Phazon Suit comes to mind the best. "it" would be a Samus-like form and weight, but levitates and is very floaty. It doesnt use Samus's traditional weapons, instead theyre all the Phazon-induced weapons found in the games when you face it. The shape of the character is the only similarity between it and Samus. Only reason i say 9 because its a character a lot of people forget exists.

8) Midna w/ Wolf Link (Zelda: Twilight Princess) - This could be viewed as two types of character: either Duck Hunt where Midna is basically fused to Wolf Link's back and only offers her abilities, or she is separate and Wolf Link can be killed like Luma can (or the other way around). Either way, it would offer a very unique moveset and face it Midna has a huge fanbase because her character is so mysterious and cool. Either form would bring joy to people. I rate her as 8 because Midna on her own is an Assist Trophy so that kinda puts a thorn in this idea's side.

7) Riki the Heropon (Xenoblade Chronicles) - Riki is just an adorable puffball called a Nopon that fights along side Shulk, but hes not to be underestimated. Hes a beast and has a HUGE array of abilities to pick from. Due to his puffball appearance and ability to hover in the game he could be very similar to Kirby in size, weight, and recovery while focusing more on his Arts and his....weapon....than martial arts like Kirby does. Considering hes a part of Shulk's Final Smash puts a huge thorn in this plan's side, since they would have to change that to allow him in the game (hence #7). Quite frankly i dont get why Reyn isnt in Shulk's Final Smash anyway.

6) Ganon (Zelda, multiple titles) - No, not Gannondorf... Ganon. Meaning his Beast form that he was originally shown as. Hes been shown to use both dark magic and a trident to fight Link so he could be made to focus on either or a mix. Sizewise he'd probably be ~10% bigger than Bowser since afaik only the OOC incarnation of Ganon is absolutely gigantic. I tend to play heavyweights so im kinda biased for more heavyweights, even if they arent as cool as Ganon. #6 onward is judged on how well people know the guy rather than how badly i want him in the game.

5) Zero (Megaman X) - Zero is the red robot created by Dr. Wiley to destroy Megaman, but he was never awoken until long after Reploids came to be. Yes he is most known for his Z-Saber, but thats not the only moves he has available since hes technically not that different from Megaman, meaning he has an arm cannon and multiple special attacks he takes from mavericks he defeats. He wouldnt simply be "another sword user" considering he has such a wide array of weapons to choose from. Im a huge Zero fan and would love to get him in the game, but i fear the "2nd Megaman Character" problem will kill his chances *sadface*

4) Darunia (Zelda: OOC and Hyrule Warriors) - Originally he was nothing but an NPC that Link had to deal with in OOC, but in Hyrule Warriors they turned him into an absolute BADASS with that giant hammer. Admittedly he'd probably be similar to Dedede with his normal attacks, but his specials would be completely different and he wouldnt be floaty. Easily my favorite character from Hyrule Warriors just because GIANT FREAKING HAMMER lol.

3) Young Link (Majora's Mask) - Yes, another link. But this isnt a damn clone this time. Young Link returns with Majora's Mask in mind, utilizing his masks for specials and a fire bow for his neutral B. This is a character thats probably more limited by the 3DS problem than anything else, since he could easily become insanely complex and put Ryu to shame in that catagory.

2) Krystal (Star Fox) - Krystal is a character i dont need to talk about other than how i think she'd play. While unfortunately i could totally see Nintendo making her another Fox clone by basing her off of Assault, it wouldnt really make much since considering shes more known for her psychic ability and her staff. If they base her off that she would add another unique and awesome character to play.

1) King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country1,2,3) - Another heavyweight so im already a bit biased to getting him in, but as a kid i always LOVED his fights in DKC because hes just such a hilarious and unique character. They could mix all 3 forms of him to create a balanced moveset and enable the vanilla, pirate, and scientist costumes to pick from. Seriously this guy deserves to be in Sm4sh the most, and hes been needlessly shelved as of late. BRING HIM BAAAAACK!! lol

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
10. Rayman (Rayman)
Ubisoft's limbless platforming hero of the Glade of Dreams, Rayman, seems like a self explanatory fighting game character based on what he does in his games. His vigorous punches and kicks seem like a feasible moveset and is quite a fan favorite character in general. The addition of his trophy as well as ones for Globox and Barbara got me curious about Ubisofts relations with Nintendo, since they've had differences in the past, including ones regarding the Wii U.

9. Shantae (Shantae)
She's witty. She's adorable. She's Shantae! Wayforward's baby, Shantae the half-genie hero, has been somewhat of a pioneer in the realm of indie gaming. Her history dates back to 2002 with her outrageously expensive game on the GameBoy Color. She has had a fairly close relationship with Nintendo. Ideas for a potential moveset are especially interesting that could make use of her hair and maybe her dancing.

8. Snake (Metal Gear Solid)
Solid Snake was one of the most surprising characters to be announced for Super Smash Bros. Brawl. As a favor to his best friend, Hideo Kojima, Sakurai put Snake into Brawl as the first announced 3rd party character. It was quite the sight to see Snake be on the battlefield with characters like Mario, Link, and even Sonic the Hedgehog. With Smash 4, the 3rd party character support only expanded with Sonic returning and the addition of Mega Man, Pac-Man, and new DLC character Ryu. Smash now has had Sega, Capcom, Namco, and Konami under its belt. But sadly, Snake did not make the cut and no Konami references were present in the game. What's worse is that Konami is suffering and they're removing Kojima's name from their image as Kojima is leaving the company after Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain. Speculation has come about assuming Snake's cut was due to legal issues, but we'll have to wait and see what the future holds.

7. Takamaru (The Mysterious Murasame Castle)
Being the only assist trophy on this list, it was sad to see official deconfirmation of Takamaru, making him a mere assist trophy. Sakurai considered him to be playable, but decided against him saying he's too obscure and not enough people would recognize him. Fans who saw the statement responded defending Takamaru's popularity and how he could be more recognizable if he had been in Smash 4. He was even considered in Brawl. Hopefully, he will rise to playable status and he will not be judged based on relevance.

6. Chrom (Fire Emblem: Awakening)
The only other character that is represented as something besides a trophy or Mii costume (yet he has those as well), Chrom was harshly deconfirmed on that fateful day. By harshly deconfirmed, I mean he was relentlessly bullied by Sakurai. His reasoning for not adding him was because he didn't believe he'd have much to offer than be an ordinary sword fighter. However, in my opinion, he didn't have to be so rude to Chrom's closest fans by having him defeated on the ground, looking depressed, have him be treated poorly in the Palutena's Guidance conversation with Robin, etc. As a result, he is reduced to an assistant in Robin's final Smash. I'm okay with Sakurai not being inspired by Chrom, but the way he treated him left a bad taste in my mouth.

5. King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country)
What's there to say about King K. Rool that hasn't already been said? He's one of the most unanimously desired characters for Super Smash Bros. and has been highly requested since Melee. He seems like the perfect fit. Now, regarding his Mii costume, it means NOTHING. I don't even believe that this is an elaborate troll by Sakurai. I think his trolling days are done now that he's focusing on fanservice. In fact, I see the costume as a positive thing. It shows that he is hearing our requests and he's showing us that he cares by giving us this to hold us over, but to tell us to please remain patient until the ballot is over and for the next characters to be announced. Even the design for it shows that. That classic OG King K. Rool look fits with Smash so well. Look at other characters like Pac-Man. He wants characters to retain their classic, prime appearances. That's all I take from it. You have nothing to worry about. Keep calm, and vote!

4. Inkling (Splatoon)
The timing for Splatoon's release seems to be a very opportune one for the occasion. A brand new IP released by Nintendo during the 8th console generation with characters that stand out with their dynamic aesthetics and personality. It all just seems too perfect for Smash considering there are other characters that represent the console era they debuted in.

3. Isaac (Golden Sun)
Isaac is no longer an assist trophy. That was a huge barrier that they finally removed going from Brawl to Smash 4. While there are other Golden Sun protagonists, I think Isaac should be the one considered first and foremost.

2. Wolf (Star Fox)
Wolf O' Donnel, leader of Star Wolf, had a triumphant entrance when he was introduced in Brawl. He was so different in terms of stats and moveset properties compared to the other space animals.

1. Ice Climbers (Ice Climber)
As an Ice Climbers main, this cut burned me the most. The details about why they're so great have been said time and time again. A unique moveset with ice based attacks, a duo mechanic, they're cute, they're a two time veteran, etc. I understand that at least at the time, unless anything changed, is that roster parity was so important that it was a higher priority than the ICies themselves. With the 3DS issues in mind, I would be open to other alternatives to modify them at least just this once. Whether it be a solo Ice Climber if all else fails or a new simplified format of duality that is easier for the weaker 3DS hardware. I'm honestly not convinced that their cut during development means they're gone for good. It's just a matter of perseverance and enough fan support. Don't give up on a character if you really want them in! Show Nintendo and Sakurai that you are dedicated to that character and determined to push them to get in whatever it takes!

Amberloo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sashaloo
3DS FC
1203-9998-9799
10.) Snake
While the Metal Gear series hasn't really been relevant to Nintendo lately (I mean, I guess we got Snake Eater for 3DS, which I would get if I ever got around to finishing up the first two MGS games on the Gamecube, and my budget somehow allowed for it along with a New 3DS XL...), I still thought he was a pretty great addition to Brawl's roster, and he's the one who got cut that I'd be in the most support of, at least now that Lucas is back. He was the grittiest character we've probably ever gotten, and it's a shame he had to be cut.

9.) Paper Mario
Being a fan of the Paper Mario games, how could I not at least put him in my top 10? I imagine him using his partners for a lot of his attacks, as well as using his various jumps and hammer attacks. Strangely enough, I see him being sorta similar to Mr. Game & Watch... Maybe it's because I could see his Side-B having him use various different hammers from the series based on luck, not unlike G&W's.

8.) Simon Belmont
Well, he's probably the Konami rep that would make the most sense, since Castlevania got its start on the NES and his style of play would very easily translate to Smash. Aside from the whip as his main weapon, you've got the daggers, holy water, throwing axes, etc. Plus, I want the Vampire Killer theme in Smash. Let's just ignore for a second that Konami is a horrible, horrible company for right now...

7.) Worlds Link
What I specifically mean is the Link from ALBW. And no, I wouldn't want him to be yet another Link clone, standing in for Young Link from Melee. Rather, I'd like to see him using the various rods from the game, as there were four that would lend very well to his specials. He could use the tornado rod for recovery, use the sand rod to trip opponents or create sand blocks as an obstacle, charge up the fire rod to send forth a pillar of flames, or make ice drop from the sky and freeze opponents below. Of course, if Young Link returns, it'll likely be his OoT/MM iteration, with the same moveset as Link/Toon Link...

6.) Captain Toad/Toadette
While I haven't exactly gotten the chance to play Treasure Tracker yet, I absolutely fell in love with its adorable charm and style from the E3 trailer. Toad would be a great addition to the roster, and why not him as a captain, while we're at it? He's been around forever, so it'd be about time.

5.) King K.Rool
If any series needs more reps, it's definitely the DK series. And, why not the most recognized villain of the series, while we're at it? Smash is lacking in both heavier characters, and villains, and K.rool covers both of those, and would definitely be a unique addition.

4.) Geno
Definitely the coolest character from Super Mario RPG. This guy is so awesome, that he's unarmed in the boss fight you get him in, and he still kicks (punches???) butt. Shooting fists, lasers, bullets, etc- the Star Warrior is the most unique Mario character and very much deserves a spot.

3.) Dixie Kong
Alright, I'll admit that I'm a bigger fan of Dixie than I am of K.Rool. Maybe it's all the fan art of her that's just so damn cute... Erhm, anyway. I absolutely loved playing as her in DKC2 and 3, and her return in Tropical Freeze is one of the best parts of it. Admittedly, I'm sure she'd end up as a semi-clone of Diddy, but I think she could very easily have a unique playstyle regardless of that, whipping her hair back and forth like a helicopter and all.

2.) Shovel Knight
Had to have at least one indie rep on this list, and he scores very high. I'm very huge into retro games, and Shovel Knight tickles that fancy incredibly well. Much like Simon Belmont, he has a large variety of tools and weapons that would diversify his moveset. Overall, I think he would best represent the Indie scene that Nintendo has, as well.

1.) Isaac
At last, my #1 pick: Golden Sun's lead protagonist. At first glance, he just looks like your normal anime sworduser, but he's got more than a few tricks up his sleeves. He can create earthquakes, summon vines and thorns, make it rain rocks, punch/push/grab with a large spectral hand, and summon various djinn for devastating damage. Honestly, the sword could be mostly cosmetic (maybe used for jabs and tilts at best), while focusing on his psynergy for most of his attacks. Plus, he's able to use other elements of psynergy, ranging from fiery explosions to blasts of wind. I guess you could say that in terms of uniqueness and interest, Isaac's pretty...Golden.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
May as well. In no particular order:

10. Ray MK III
9. Bandana Dee
8. Mona (WarioWare)
7. Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) (Only 3rd party you'll see on this list)
6. Dixie Kong
5. Isaac
4. Shantae/Anna (I'm so sorry, but I just couldn't choose which to remove; I want them both SO badly)
3. Ice Climbers
2. Lark (Pilot Wings 64)
1. Rhythm Girl (Rhythm Heaven)

I'll bring up the honorable mentions later on.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
May as well. In no particular order:

10. Ray MK III
9. Bandana Dee
8. Mona (WarioWare)
7. Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) (Only 3rd party you'll see on this list)
6. Dixie Kong
5. Isaac
4. Shantae/Anna (I'm so sorry, but I just couldn't choose which to remove; I want them both SO badly)
3. Ice Climbers
2. Lark (Pilot Wings 64)
1. Rhythm Girl (Rhythm Heaven)

I'll bring up the honorable mentions later on.
Keep Shantae:grin:, but doesn't Shantae count as a 3rd party though?

Hockeyfan44

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockwv478
For my list I'm trying to be somewhat realistic.
10: Dr. Robotnik (Sonic)
9: Chun-Li/Cammy (Street Fighter)
8: A representative from Xenoblade X-the game has been huge in Japan since it was released, therefore would be a great opportunity to give the Xenoblade series another representative along with Shulk
7: Bayonetta
6: Dr.Wily or Bass (Mega Man)- Bass would be more likely since Wario, and Shadow are already in either as a playable character or an Assist Trophy, so having Mega Man's rival in would be fun, especially since Treble would be his likely Final Smash
5: Medusa (Kid Icarus)- would be first female villain to be playable in Smash
4: Shantae (Shantae)
3: King K Rool (Donkey Kong Country)
2: A representative from Fire Emblem Fates (Xander/Ryouma/Azura/Leon/Takumi-considering how big the game has been in Japan since its release in June, even with the Fire Emblem roster already stacked I'd be shocked if one of them wasn't added to Smash)
1:Wolf (Star Fox)

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Keep Shantae:grin:, but doesn't Shantae count as a 3rd party though?
I've decided to be more "technical" these days, and simply refer to her, Shovel Knight, Quote, and the like as simply "indie", while I consider Sonic, Mega Man, PAC-MAN, Ryu, and Arle as 3rd party. You know, to save myself the confusion.

Last edited:

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I've decided to be more "technical" these days, and simply refer to her, Shovel Knight, Quote, and the like as simply "indie", while I consider Sonic, Mega Man, PAC-MAN, Ryu, and Arle as 3rd party. You know, to save myself the confusion.
Fair enough. I like how you threw Arle in there. I'm guessing you're a supporter?

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Double Post. I never thought it would happen to me!:cry:

Last edited:

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Incase my signature didn't make it obvious already:
10. Crash Bandicoot

Crash, Whoas the Crowd!

Crash is a completely biased decision from me, him being my most loveable video game mascot that wasn't Mario. Crash helped developed my childhood and him being in the same position as Mega Man right now, that is being neglected by the company that owns him to the point where he is basically considered dead, he needs a resting ground just like Mega Man. And Smash is that resting ground. He wasn't even invited the the Smash game wannabe that Sony did. He deserves better than that trash. Crash is actually my most wanted of them all, but being that I practically know he won't make it in, I have him at the bottom of my top 10 </3.

9. Groose

Groose, Drops In!

Being that the Zelda series desperately needs love, I choose Groose as a representative. While I support Tetra as well, and Impa, who I fear would be a Sheik clone, I feel like the most interesting playstyle, if incorporated into the game would come from Groose. I don't know how, but I just would love to see what they do with him. And Skyward Sword getting some attention would be pretty great too.

8. King K. Rool

King K. Rool, Reigns Forth!

King K. Rool has been made an irrelevant character with his lack of appearances in the new Donkey Kong games. To reintroduce him in his full glory, Smash would be the place to make a nostalgic comeback. With all the tools this self-proclaimed King has used in the past, it wouldn't be hard to give this heavyweight Kroc and interesting moveset. He's practically taking 1st in the ballot and no stupid Mii costume is going to keep him from sitting on his thrown once again. At least it better not if Sakurai wants to stay to his word.

7. Mona

Mona, Delivers a Beating!

The only characters who rival the uniqueness of the Mario series representatives would probably be the Wario series! Several strange characters that can have crazy movesets just like the owner of WarioWare Inc., himself! Captain Syrup and Ashley were viable contenders too, but Ashley is deconfirmed as an assist trophy and Syrup could easily swap places with Mona, but I prefer Mona over Syrup.

6. Krystal

Krystal, Psyches Out the Competition!

I support Krystal because we need a Star Fox representative that isn't based off of Fox for a change. While Wolf is hardly a clone in terms of his entire moveset that isn't his specials and final smash, and Falco has been Luigified in both Brawl and even more in 4, Krystal can bring plenty to the table. She can wield her staff regularly like Palutena, as well as have heavy weapons that she is often seen carrying in her artwork, and utilize her psychic abilities. Sakurai, if you had her, do not even think of giving her anything relating to Fox...PLEASE!!!

5. Rhythm Heaven

Rhythm Heaven, Tunes Things Up!

There's people who want Marshal. Others want Karate Joe. Some, Wrestler & Reporter as a duo. What do I want? I. want...ALL OF THEM! Similar to how Duck Hunt uses Dog, Duck, Hunter, and Wild Gunmen, Marshal, Karate Joe, and Wrestler & Reporter will all help each other as one to represent their entire series. The quartet will all stand together, Joe and Reporter deliver the average attacks, Marshal providing the weak attacks that allow combo potential into Joe and Reporter's, and Wrestler deliver the heavy blows. Its a perfect way to represent the series as all 3 (Wrestler & Reporter are often put together) are the most popular of their series and most recurring. While the Chorus Kids trio could be interesting, I would certainly pick this idea of the popular characters getting in together, if they weren't added as 3 separate characters. Also, lets put them in glorious 3D. There's only one other character that shouldn't be put in 3D ;).

4. Balloon Fighter

Balloon Fighter, Glides Through!

Balloon Fighter was one of the many characters I supported during Smash 4's campaign. While not a completely big wanted character on my list, I would not have been disappointed if he was selected. With the passing of Satoru Iwata, I feel like adding Balloon Fighter would be a great tribute to this amazing man, as he basically developed his game. So what if Villager has balloons? One thing that he utilizes would not make Balloon Fighter not unique. Hell, look at all the newcomers we have in the game already. He can be somewhat of a reverse Little Mac, just not too bad on the ground, but has wonderful air combo game, similar to Jigglypuff. The more balloons he has, the more jumps and mobility he has off the ground. Alice can be put in as an alternate costume for him as well.

3. Daisy

Daisy, Says Hi!

A personal favorite of mine from the Mario series. Daisy can be a rush down, aggressive character, utilizing both of her powers of using flowers and crystals. Most often develop her with a spin-off moveset, however I feel that Waluigi would be a better contender for that, so the crystals offer her homage to her Strikers powers and keep her tough tomboy personality in check. Daisy would be no Peach clone in the slightest. Toads, Parasol, Vegetables, and Floating? Don't recall Daisy doing that. Sure we could give the ultimate injustice and pull a Ganondo-...who am I kidding, lets not. We've failed once with Dark Pit already Sakurai, who had the perfect opportunity to differ from Pit a lot more than "what he does now", lets allow Daisy to be the spunky chick she really is.

2. Inkling

Inklings, Claim Their Turf!

The newly beloved Nintendo squid-kids would have a warm welcome in the arms of Smash. Already utilizing ink weapons, rollers, buckets, explosives, and more, the Inklings are easily an interesting candidate for newcomers. They would most definitely have an ink mechanic added into their character, but probably not blots of Ink due to the sad and limiting features the 3DS holds. They would have to take a slightly different approach, so they would probably not be like Robin where they run out of Ink like he/she does with their tombs, but somehow they will be incorporated with it.

1. Paper Mario

Paper Mario, Makes a Stylish Appearance!

Sure you might be thinking, "3 Marios? No thank you," First off, for all those wanting Young Link and detract against Paper Mario, be silenced. Second, Paper Mario would play nothing like Mario or his Ph.D granted self. Paper Mario hardly utilizes any of what both Marios use anyway. He is known for the use of Partners to aid him in battle, along with his trust Hammer that the Original Mario has used before, but never in Smash. Such as Daisy, having Paper Mario as a clone would be blasphemous. The two show that any Mario representative can easily have their own interesting moveset and gimmich/mechanic/playstyle. When it comes to Paper Mario, he can be flashy and taunt after each move, such as how he does with his stylish moves. This would allow for his moves to be upgraded a total of two times through the use of a "stylish gauge". Does it sound overpowered? Lets remember that Paper Mario is...well, made of Paper. It would make complete sense for him to be even lighter than Jigglypuff, if not equally as light therefore easy to KO. If you don't want him to get his buffs, knock him off the stage then. It shouldn't be that hard.
Honorable Mentions
  • Ice Climbers - I didn't include veterans in here because it looks like Wolf and these guys have a great chance of coming back anyhow with the left over files of the two "Mario"s.
  • Gengar - Originally on this list, but removed to make room for Balloon Fighter. Can be a tricky fighter and represent the ghost line, being the original and only ghost in Gen I
  • Tetra - Mentioned above.
  • Skull Kid - Killed by Sakurai
  • Ashley - Killed by Sakurai
  • Happy Mask Salesman - Highly unlikely, but would be amazing to see him utilize the masks from Majora's Mask like Zelda uses Link's power ups from Ocarina of Time.

Top Bottom