• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top 10 Most Wanted Characters for DLC in Smash 4

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
10) King K Rool
9) Advance Wars Rep
8) King Boo
7) Wolf
6) Dixie Kong
5) Ivysaur
4) Tingle
3) Mother Brain
2) Style Savvy Girl
1) Ridley

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
1 ⭐ K.Rool
2 ✴ Ridley
-----------------------
No particular order
3. Kamek
4. Banjo & Kazooie
5. Dry Bowser
6. Sylux
7. Grunty
8. Ganon
9. Wolf
10. Cranky Kong

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Fair enough. I like how you threw Arle in there. I'm guessing you're a supporter?
Heck, yeah!:p As a matter of fact, there's actually an Arle support thread that's been made, and they could use some supporters at the moment. TBH, part of the reason I voted for her is because I love her games they're really hilarious, and in case you didn't hear, she's supposedly THE most requested SEGA second rep in Japan, who is NOT another Sonic character. While she might need to compete with them, I think she has just a decent shot as anyone!:)

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
9 & 10) Squirtle and Ivysaur
I honestly couldn't think of anyone else and I'd like to see them make a return, plus they kinda come in a pair which is why they're in the same slot.

8) Bandana Dee
He's cute and a spear character would be fun, plus Kirby could do with a little more representation.

7) Isaac
I don't know much about the character but I think he'd bring a really cool playstyle and represents Golden Sun which is a decently big series.

6) Tetra
I love Wind Waker, I love Tetra and I love the idea of giving the toon series more recognition, she's be higher if it wasn't for another Zelda character though.

5) Ridley
I don't think he really needs an explanation. He would be higher but the other ridley in pyrosphere complicates that, at least for me. For SSB5 though he's be number 2 without a doubt.

4) Krystal
One of my favourite star fox characters and I'd love to see a staff wielder in smash, yes we have palutena but she only uses it in like 4 moves.

3) Impa
She's my favourite Zelda character and I'd love to see what they could do with her. I envision a mix of martial arts and magic which would be a really interesting combination.

2) Dixie Kong
DK needs more representation and she would be an interesting character given her long range with her hair, a possible peach-esque glide and/or a grappler like playstyle. Plus she's so damn cute.

1) Wolf
My brawl main and favourite Star Fox character, Number 1 without a doubt.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
An update!
No change in the placings for the top 10 but Ridley has now joined the 100+ club along with the top three...No Stage Boss Role is getting in the way of the community's support for the big purple guy now is it?

10. Banjo & Kazooie - 51 *x3
9. Dixie Kong - 69 *x2
8. Bandanna Dee - 79 *x6
7. Ice Climbers - 82 *x8
6. Snake - 90 *x4
5. Inkling - 96 *
4. Ridley - 102 *x13
3. Isaac - 128 *x10
2. Wolf - 139 *x12
1. King K Rool - 171 *x18

----

And for fun here's the top 20-11...
20. Andy - 23*x2
19. Wonder Red - 28*x2
18. Bomberman - 29*
17. Chibi-Robo - 30*
16. Bayonetta - 35*
15. Rayman - 36*x2
14. Paper Mario - 40*x4
13. Krystal - 42*
12. Impa - 44
11. Shantae - 45*x2
Things get tight around the 20th spot, there's about 9 characters between 19-23 points, including Andy in the 20th spot...(Midna's one of them <3)

Last edited:

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
10. Wolf. I have no personal reason for wanting him back, but he should never have been cut in the first place.
9. Pokemon Trainer. No transformation basically means you'd have to flood the roster with Pokemon fighters and I don't want that, even as a Pokemon fan, but it seems a shame to throw Ivysaur and Squirtle away.
8. Someone from Xenoblade. Probably from the new game, but I'm not picky. I just love this series, man.
7. Running out of ideas, Bomberman?
6. Inkling. New IP? Unique moveset? Female character that's not an alt? Count me in.
5. Tom Nook. Wario's fantastic, sure, but Tom Nook is my favorite capitalist. Unfortunately, Villager was chosen to represent A.C., which limits his options a lot, but a money/construction/coffee based moveset still sounds fun. let me dream
4. K. Rool. His fans are so inspirational, honestly, and he does seem to have a potentially varied and unique moveset. The D.K. series has also been snubbed time and time again, and I'd rather he get in than Dixie. No offense to Dixie, but he just seems to have more potential to be distinguished in every sense.
3. Ridley. Once again, not a huge Ridley supporter, but I feel so bad for Ridley fans, who have been thrown under the bus in just about every way. I'm also a huge fan of flying reptilian characters, and Charizard is just not filling that role well for me. A faster Charizard capable of actually flying is good enough reason for me.
2. Ice Climbers. Two-time veterans with unique playstyle getting cut? Uh, how about no? I'd be okay with them being a Wii U exclusive, honestly, but they deserve to be in Smash.
1. Snake. This is a tough one, because I love Ice Climbers and honestly, they could be #1. I put Snake 1st because he's more likely. He's another character with a unique moveset that got cut (what the heck?), and he really gave Smash a lot of flavor.

I really had to try for those bottom 4.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Heck, yeah!:p As a matter of fact, there's actually an Arle support thread that's been made, and they could use some supporters at the moment. TBH, part of the reason I voted for her is because I love her games they're really hilarious, and in case you didn't hear, she's supposedly THE most requested SEGA second rep in Japan, who is NOT another Sonic character. While she might need to compete with them, I think she has just a decent shot as anyone!:)
I'll be honest I never play any Arle games , but she seems like an interesting character. I'd like to have her, but I personally am really trying to get the IC's back so that's where all my support is going :lol:.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
http://strawpoll.me/5118101

vote for your characters here!
I would prefer if these polls aren't posted here seeing as this thread works as a poll anyways...also because this thread isn't really focused on any specific characters and allows people to vote for almost anybody with few restrictions....

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
Why it lacks Bandana Dee, Dixie Kong and Paper Mario, who are popular, but has Lanky Kong, who isn't?
i forgot to put bandana dee lol and i don't hate paper mario but I do not think he would have a chance. We have enough mario characters soo

i forgot to put bandana dee lol and i don't hate paper mario but I do not think he would have a chance. We have enough mario characters soo
Okay... nothing against you but explain two things:
- You said Paper Mario doesn't have a chance but you still put Geno, another Mario character with even less chance, there (and Ice Climbers and Banjo-Kazooie, who are nearly impossible).
- Again, why Lanky but no Dixie?

Last edited:

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
Okay... nothing against you but explain two things:
- You said Paper Mario doesn't have a chance but you still put Geno, another Mario character with even less chance, there (and Ice Climbers and Banjo-Kazooie, who are nearly impossible).
- Again, why Lanky but no Dixie?
in a way geno is a mario rep, but he is still kinda of a third party because he's not owned by nintendo. If Dr. mario was not in smash 4, then i be more open to paper mario. If paper mario would be in, we basically would have three different versions of mario.

I see ice climbers and especially banjoe and kazooie being requested alot and i think they would have a better chance than paper mario. plus there not mario characters

I don't know I kinda of always liked lanky kong. He would seem like such a fun character.

in a way geno is a mario rep, but he is still kinda of a third party because he's not owned by nintendo. If Dr. mario was not in smash 4, then i be more open to paper mario. If paper mario would be in, we basically would have three different versions of mario.

I see ice climbers and especially banjoe and kazooie being requested alot and i think they would have a better chance than paper mario. plus there not mario characters

I don't know I kinda of always liked lanky kong. He would seem like such a fun character.
Okay... different opinions I guess, as I don't think that Geno, Banjo and ICs (or Lanky) have any chance at all, especially over Paper Mario (I'm not his fan but still). Still don't know why Dixie isn't there...

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
#10 - Banjo-Kazooie
Damnit, I can't leave these guys off; I grew up on the most iconic Rarebare and having him in Smash would be so sweet.

#9 - Rayman
Again, I've always loved Rayman ever since I played the original game on the PS1 a long time ago. Though I haven't been able to keep up with the series, I won't deny that Rayman would be awesome to have as a third-party.

#8 - Dixie Kong
Although I'm a Kutthroat, I won't say I'd hate it if Dixie got in, though I'd prefer K.Rool. DKC2 is my favorite game of the trilogy, and having Diddy and Dixie in a team battle would be oddly nice.

#7 - Tyrantrum
This is probably the most unlikely of the first-party DLC wants I have, but I would love having another reptilian Pokemon to play as outside of Charizard. Plus he's a Fossil Pokemon, which have no real representation of any kind in Smash.

#6 - Godzilla
My most unlikely want, possibly ever. An icon of Japan and one of cinema's most iconic figures definitely deserves to be in Smash, but I'm well aware of how damn unlikely he is, considering he's not a character that originated in a video game. Still, this is my dream pick.

#5 - Sceptile
One of the more popular Pokemon, it's pretty obvious that Sceptile is one of my picks; I grew up with Emerald, and I always loved Treeko. Once I got my own and raised into a Sceptile, it became my favourite starter of all time. Sceptile was always my favourite of the Hoenn Dex, so getting it in Smash would be a dream come true.

#4 - Crash Bandicoot
One of the most iconic mascots of the last decade, Crash is pretty much one of two characters that I think would fit better in Smash than Sony's own knockoff of it. Crash is iconic and was the Playstation's flagship child-friendly franchise for years. With rumors of a reboot in the works, putting the orange bandicoot in Smash would be a great way to revive the bandicoot's iconic status.

#3 - Spyro the Dragon
My first videogame ever was the first Spyro game, and I've loved the small purple dragon ever since. Having him in Smash would be like the ultimate dream. I've grown attached to him as a result, and he honestly takes priority over Crash because of his current status (being directly associated with Nintendo via Skylanders) making it more likely for him to get in.

#2 - King K.Rool
Yar-har-har, being a Kutthroat's the life fer me! I've always loved King K.Rool's character; he's one of the few Nintendo baddies to have attempted to commit genocide to his enemies, and the crazy-eyed crocodylian is one of the most iconic DK characters; even Smash calls him the Bowser to DK's Mario! Having him relegated to a trophy and Mii costume does the character no justice.

Honorable Mentions: Bomberman, Snake, Wolf, Blastoise and Optimus Prime (the most unlikely pick ever, really)

#1 - Ridley
As if my avatar and name didn't already give this away, Ridley is my favourite video game character ever. He's the one character I've always wanted in Smash from the very beginning, and to have him constantly denied for various reasons is killing my feels. If I could only choose one of any of these characters on this list to get into Smash, I'd choose Ridley, bar none. He's a very interesting character, as beneath his vicious, feral visage lies a sadistic, merciless and downright sociopathic gang leader who stops at nothing to acheive his goals. He singlehandedly destroyed Samus' life in one fell swoop, murdering her mother in front of her and even using her flesh to render her father's kamikaze a failure. He even goes so far as to taunt Samus with this when they next meet. Ridley is the reason Samus is the way she is, so he's basically the driving point of the series. Without a Ridley to murder her parents, Samus Aran as we know her wouldn't exist.

This alone makes Ridley the most vital Metroid newcomer, as his and Samus' stories are intertwined; having one without the other is not fully representing the franchise's, and Nintendo in general's, most violent and destructive rivalry.

Last edited:

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
10. Ridley - I never played a Metroid game, but ever since getting his Melee Trophy, I thought he seemed pretty cool. Many years later, when everyone was speculating about SSB4 newcomers, I found that many people wanted this guy to be in Smash. And looking at their reasoning, it made sense. Metroid representation included... Samus... And Samus again. And Ridley seemed like the most obvious choice for a new Metroid character to be in Smash. But, I never wanted him THAT badly, so when he was deconfirmed, I wasn't that upset about it. I still think it'd be cool to play as him, though.

9. Tails - I'm sorry. I just really like Sonic, and Tails is one of my favorite characters from the games. And, if Sonic was to get a second character, Tails would probably be it. However, I know the chances are still slim. The main reason I want this character, though, goes all the way back to Elementary School... Remember that old hoax that said Sonic and Tails could be unlocked in Melee? Well, a childhood friend of mine told me about it, and he seemed convinced it was true. So I became determined to do whatever crazy methods were required to get these two characters. Of course, my older brother informed me that it was false, and I was disappointed. In Brawl, however, Sonic was introduced. This made me wonder if Tails would ever be added in future games. I know it probably won't happen, but it would make me happy if it did.

8. Pichu - I know this is kinda silly, but I liked Pichu in Melee. Even though he was weak. A clone. A self-harming, useless joke character. I thought he was cute, and I still enjoyed playing as him, despite everything bad about him. In later years, I used him to challenge myself in various ways. One example was completing a particularly difficult Event Mode challenge (the very last one) using Pichu. I even succeeded, after many attempts. So, Pichu might not be very strong, but I still like the little guy. I wouldn't mind seeing him return, even though it probably won't happen.

7. Krystal - I've never played any StarFox games, but since Wolf was cut, I felt that it would only be fair if StarFox got a new rep to take his place, similar to how Brawl cut Roy and added Ike. But, of course, StarFox was left with Fox, Falco, and no one else. It just feels weird to have the representation be smaller than it was in a previous game. That's the main reason why I would be happy with Krystal.

6. Wolf - But... What would be better than replacing a cut veteran? Why, not cutting that veteran at all, of course! While I didn't main Wolf in Brawl, I still enjoyed playing as him from time to time, and it just feels weird that he's gone now, especially now that we got DLC for characters like Lucas and whatnot. And again, I just feel that StarFox should have more than two reps. It feels like such a downgrade.

5. Dixie Kong - You know who else only has two reps? Donkey Kong! But... I REALLY don't want King K. Rool in the game. At all. Like, seriously. I don't want him. So, why not Dixie Kong? Even if she has some physical similarities to Diddy Kong, I really don't think she'd just be a clone of him. I never played Donkey Kong Country games, but I'm pretty sure she can use her hair, right? That's pretty unique if you ask me.

4. Sceptile - I love Pokemon. Yes, I know it has a lot of reps now, especially thanks to Mewtwo, but I can't help but feel that Sceptile would be pretty cool to play as. Thanks to ORAS, he has a Mega Evolution now that could work as a Final Smash, obviously. And since Ivysaur was cut, we don't have anymore playable Grass Type Pokemon. So, if we were to get a Pokemon newcomer, Sceptile would make the most sense to me. Probably won't happen, since we have so many Pokemon already, but it would be cool in my opinion. Especially since Sceptile is my favorite of the fully-evolved Hoenn Starters.

3. Ivysaur - But, again, I really want some cut veterans back. I actually really liked Ivysaur in Brawl. I found this Pokemon to be surprisingly fun to play as, and I remember when I first found out about Pokemon Trainer being playable... For some reason, I overlooked him on the character select screen. But, when playing against a random CPU one time, I found myself facing a Pokemon Trainer who sent out Ivysaur at the start of the battle. I was surprised, but also quite happy. So, it wasn't long before I selected Pokemon Trainer and tried out Ivysaur for myself, along with Squirtle and Charizard. And so, I have fond memories of Ivysaur, and I really miss playing as that Pokemon. I guess I can always go back to Brawl, though...

2. Squirtle - And here's the final Pokemon in the Pokemon Trainer trio. Of course, I want him back along with Ivysaur. Aside from Pichu, Squirtle is the only Pokemon that is completely unevolved. (Not counting Mewtwo, since it is Legendary and physically cannot evolve.) So, of course, this means he is smaller, but I believe he is also faster. A lot of the Pokemon we have right now are a bit on the larger side, even if they aren't all necessarily slow and heavyweight, but it'd be nice to have another small and speedy Pokemon on the roster again. I really loved using Squirtle, and I miss him quite a bit.

1. Bandana Waddle Dee - This is it. This is the one character I actively support. I want him in more than anyone else I've listed here. I love the Kirby series, and I remember Kirby's Return to Dreamland... When I played this game, I was disappointed to find that Player 1 had to be Kirby. So, I remember getting a second Wii Remote and playing along with myself. Most often, I found myself choosing Bandana Dee, as I always found Waddle Dees to be adorable, and I liked the idea of having a playable one. Then, fast-forward to now. I actively support Bandana Dee for many reasons, aside from just liking the character. Having played as him in Return to Dreamland, I know that he uses a spear, which makes him unique. Also, most of his moveset already exists thanks to his appearance in the same game. Furthermore, in Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, he appears in a playable form as well, alongside a couple recolors. Not only do the recolors give some palette swap possibilities, but the fact that Meta Knight and Dedede are NOT playable in this game suggest to me that Bandana Dee is becoming a part of the main cast, rather than just being some random side character. All of these reasons are why I really want him playable in Smash.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I'll be honest I never play any Arle games , but she seems like an interesting character. I'd like to have her, but I personally am really trying to get the IC's back so that's where all my support is going :lol:.
Oh, I understand. Hey, that's totally okay! Believe it or not, but I've never played any of the Puyo Puyo games either!:p But she (and her series as a whole) are very interesting for a series that involves popping rainbow-colored jellies-thingies!:p Especially since things like multi-dimensional travel is a thing for the stories of the series, not to mention Arle and the cast themselves! Wackiest bunch you'll ever see! (Sounds like a line from a theme song, doesn't it?:p)

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Oh, I understand. Hey, that's totally okay! Believe it or not, but I've never played any of the Puyo Puyo games either!:p But she (and her series as a whole) are very interesting for a series that involves popping rainbow-colored jellies-thingies!:p Especially since things like multi-dimensional travel is a thing for the stories of the series, not to mention Arle and the cast themselves! Wackiest bunch you'll ever see! (Sounds like a line from a theme song, doesn't it?:p)
I'm all for having my name there for support as long as you don't expect me to vote for her. :p Who knows, maybe someone will see all the names and realize America does like her after all!

Last edited:

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
here is my List:

10. Shovel Knight (from Shovel Knight)
Quite easy, Shovel Knight is a pretty new character thats is heavily inspired from Megaman and Duck Tales, yet his Gamestyle is still new and really awesome! I would love to see that gamestyle in Smash there he bounces on his shovel on enemies or digging!

9. Marshal (from Rhythm Heaven Fever)
I love this guy and he is the main mascot from Rhythm Heaven Fever. when smash4 was about to get out with all the rumors, I was hoping that Marshal would be in and not the Chorus Men (its like using a Hyrulean over Link). his Moveset and gamestyle could be rhythm base and has cameos from the games

8. Paper Mario (from Paper Mario Series)
Paper Mario would easy be an awesome addition thanks to his awesome playstyle and gimmicks. his moveset could easy fit into smash, especially if he has the gimmick there he could transform himself into diffirent papercraft (like Up B is Paper Plane and SideB/Dodging is either standing sideways or roll in a tube)

7. K Rool (from Donkey Kong Series)
This Croc is awesome, he is a perfect villain with a perfect attitute for Smash. why he isnt already in is beyond me.
his moveset and playstyle can easy be distance with his Blundertuss and heavy pushing thanks for his size!

6. Waluigi (from Mario Games)
Its sad that Waluigi is an assist trophy but he would be a really whacky character in smash. despite being in only spin-off from the Mario games, he could easy have a moveset from all the games he is already in!

5. Amaterasu (from Okami)
would be so badass to play as the goddess of the sun in form of a Wolf in Smash! now imaging her facing Palutina in Smash, the Goddess battle!
Amaterasu is somewhat of a Spiritual ancestor of Zelda Games except the Zelda Games arent dead. Amaterasu would easy have an awesome moveset in smash there her final smash would be there you could draw directly on the opponents while they are trying to flee

4. Riki (from Xenoblade)
Seriously, this is the best partner you can have in xenoblade! his arts from the game is superb and his personallity is top-notch, even Sakurai know this and make him both as a Assist trophy AND as a Final Smash. however he deserves more. But Riki is the Heropon, so feel no fear!
his moveset can easy be about status and mischief, like freezing the opponent, put them into sleep (you fall asleep aswell), stealing their items with Yoink, messing up the controll scheme for 3-5 seconds with Peekaboo and "playing dead" there the opponent can hurt you and launch you until you "wake" up and get 1.5 stronger.
the moveset on this guy is endless

3. Inkling (from Splatoon)
Splatoon is the freshest game from nintendo so far and Inklings are no diffirent!
inklings are awesome and they deserves a spot as a DLC or in next smash there the gimmick of their attacks would be painting the stage with ink to either make you faster or slower the opponent.
can accept them to be a shooter style character, but the gimmick would be awesome!
the only 2 character I want more than inkling is...

2. Magolor (from Kirby Series)
Smash4 Needs more villains and Magolor is the perfect fit for the job! he is an evil wizard that has appeared some times in the recents kirby games. he was planed to be only in one game (return to dreamland) but they liked him so much so they desiced that he would appear in more games!
in Smash4, he could easy be a Energy based/Teleport kind of puffball there he can attack from a distance and the same time play with teleport to attack his opponents or retreat! his gamestyle would be the unqiuest of them all!

1. Meowth from Team Rocket (from Pokemon)
Hands Down, Meowth is my favorite pokemon since Gen1 and since the start of the Pokemon Anime (the only shared 1st place is Jigglypuff and Dusknoir).
I know that many are thinking "man, we dont need another character that can scratch and doesnt have personality." but the thing is that the pokemon games and the pokemon anime are really neck-to-neck with eachother and Sakurai knows it! many pokemon inspired stuff from smash are based on the anime, example Lucarios Aura, Mewtwos Voice, many of the trophies ect. Meowth would be no diffirent!

I can easy see Meowth being the techinical pokemon from the pokemon group there he is the one that using Tools and Machines to his upperclaw while he also scratches! Pikachu using Thunder, Jigglypuff using Air Mobility, Charizard using Fire, Mewtwo using PSI ect, that would mean that Meowth is the Tool Using pokemon of the group.
together with it, I can easy see him using a Shovel to dig a trap, extendable gloves, bombs and even the Team Rocket Meowth Balloon to his gamestyle. he would be one really interesting character in smash if he would be in!

this is my top10 list

Honorable Mentions:
Petey Piranha
Escargoon
Shantae
Kamek
Groose
Tingle

Last edited:

H-O-G

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Samurai-Edge9
3DS FC
5000-3290-0193
GUNVOLT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I'm all for having my name there for support as long as you don't expect me to vote for her. :p Who knows, maybe someone will see all the names and realize America does like her after all!
I totally understand! Sure, I'll bring up your name in the Arle thread! (Or you could go there yourself and tell them.:p)

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
You know some characters I'm about to put on my list shouldn't BE here, since they should've just been straight up in the game.

Extra: Nidoking/Queen- We don't need more Pokemon, but these two are my faves, so I'd be fine with it.

10. Shantae- I love her character design and from what I heard, she seems super cool, and even somewhat likely. I hope I get a chance to play her games soon.

9. Banjo and Kazooie- I'm not as wanting as I was before because I know it won't happen and I've played some more games. It's just they are super fun and super cool. I would really like to play as one of the characters I adored as a kid.

8. Viridi - I know, we will never get a character that is already an NPC, otherwise, they would be held for DLC like Mewtwo was. Viridi however is a quirky character and could be the faster mage unit that we never have really gotten. I really would like her a ton though, as she is a very fun character in her game.

7. King K Rool - To be honest, I've never played through a Donkey Kong game. King K Rool is a fun guy though in both his design, and the way he works in the TV show! I think it would be cool to have another villain especially one who is quite deserving to be in the game

6. Neku Sakuraba - Does he really deserve to be in this game? Probably not. But since I consider him to have the greatest DS game ever, it is pretty easy for me to want him in hear. His partner system could be very interesting, and could play a role in the back like Little Mac's KO meter does. He would be a unique character with quite the cool set of customs.

5. Idolm@ster Rep - I seriously just want a music rep so badly. I love Idolm@ster to death, and with their ability to play in 3s or solo, I think Sakurai could do quite a few cool things with them. I wouldn't mind the EBA either, as I like their game too, it's if I had a choice though. It would be Im@s.

4. Phoenix Wright - I personally feel that Wright should have been in before Ryu because of how much Wright is for Capcom on the Nintendo portable systems (GBA, DS, 3DS). He would translate well in how Sakurai likes to make jokey type characters, and he would just be a blast to have, especially with the music that would come with him.

3. Micaiah - I doubt she will ever be in Smash at this point, since she should have been in Brawl. Anyway, I really love Radiant Dawn, and it's one of my favorite games I've ever played. I think it would be awesome to have a Fire Emblem character that doesn't use a sword at all, since mages are my favorite characters to use.

2. Wolf - No character really should ever have to be cut. Heck, I'd prefer if they made him like Lucina, Doc, or DP if it allows them to put him in the game. He should be in before Lucas or Roy.

1. Ice Climbers - Literally the most original character in Melee and Brawl, and deserve to be in Smash 4. I would have them rather not have made a lackluster 3DS version, to keep these guys in the game. I love Ice Climber and while i don't use them much, I wish to see them back.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

10 - Black Shadow - F-Zero really could use a new rep (besides a new game) and this is one of the main villains. Plus, maybe he could take Falcondorf's moveset, freeing up Ganondorf to actually be representative of his character.
9 - Young Link - I'd only really want him back if he somehow represented Majora's Mask better. Fierce Deity FS is a must.
8 - Raichu/Pichu - So this will never happen, but what I want is for Pikachu (and ideally Jigglypuff as well) to have different evolutionary alts, if alts could have different properties. Plus I feel bad for Raichu who IMO looks cooler than Pikachu but always lives in the shadow of the Pokemon mascot.
7 - King K. Rool - I suppose this would be a good choice for the DK series, being the main villain.
6 - Dixie Kong - I always thought Dixie Kong would have rounded out the DK series nicely, being the 3 main protagonists.
5 - Impa - After Hyrule Warriors, Impa became legendary. That version of Impa (and all Zelda characters, really) needs to be in Smash! Also go away Sheik, you're not relevant anymore.
4 - Dark Samus - Would be a perfect Metroid addition, because she's a villain and not too big for once. Plus she would handle very differently from Samus, likely not even being a clone at all.
3 - Daisy - I just want Daisy in because I'm a fan. She's cute and always introduces herself. Would be a great fit for Smash, and would round out the Mario characters nicely!
2 - Banjo & Kazooie - I can't tell you how much I enjoyed the Banjo-Kazooie games on the N64. Truly masterpieces. Such fun. Such wit. Such creativity, etc. etc. Banjo & Kazooie represent an iconic and important part of Nintendo's history!
1 - Ivysaur - I know, I know. Nobody cares about Ivysaur. Well, I do. He was one of my mains in Project M and Bulbasaur is the cutest Pokemon, and Ivysaur basically looks the same, ergo Ivysaur is the cutest. Plus s/he/it was unique and fun. If Ivysaur did come back, Squirtle would probably need to come along for the ride, which is fine too. :)

TheShadowKing66

Smash Rookie
Okay, so my top 10

10. K.K.Rool - So, why K.K.Rool. Not only does the DK series really need another representative, but we also need more villain characters. That is all I have for him.

9. Paper Mario- Originally, I thought Paper Mario was a stupid Idea, having another Mario clone. However I actually put some thought into the idea for how cool he could be as a character. He could transform into different objects like the paper plane from TTYD, the shuriken and fan from Paper Jam, he could even use the new copy ability in paper jam to have some kind of double cherry effect.

8. Waluigi - If I had a dollar for every time Waluigi is forgotten , i'd be richer than Bill Gates. The only time Waluigi has really gotten a major role in 15 years, which is arguable, was DDR Mario Mix. I mean who wouldn't want this wacky character, the only nintendo character who will ever do the suck on these pose. He's such an out there character, but I love him for it.

7. Banjo & Kazooie - Nothing to say other than how much I love Banjo & Kazooie

6. Captain Toad/Toadette - To be honest, I've wanted Toad in ever since I played as him in Super Mario Bros USA/2, Captain Toad is probably the only chance Toad will ever have with Toad being a part of Peache's moveset. Captain Toad would also be another heavy character due to the backpack, and lets be honest, we need more heavy characters. I would also love to see alternate costumes for Toadette and the Toad brigade, for more fungus action. #TrustTheFungus

5. Inkling - With Splatoon being incredibly successful, especially for a new IP, I believe they deserve a spot in the roster. It would just be interesting to see their moveset and if they would keep the ability to travel through ink, allowing crazy setups (from what I imagine). Only thing going against them is keeping A-teir nintendo fighters for the next smash game.

4. Shantae - Absolutely love Shantae's design and games (even though the original two did have their issues). The fact that Shantae has always been on nintendo platforms only helps her. Her dancing abilities could make her the most unique character, allowing the player to transform into multiple creatures.

3. Isaac/Mathew - Ever since I received Golden Sun for Wii u VC from Club Nintendo, I've been absolutely in love with the series. I absolutely dislike the lack of Golden Sun rep in smash. With an assist trophy that does not even do the character justice well.

2. Geno - I don't know what my obsession is with Geno, but he is one of my most requested characters when I first found out about him. I just really want to see Geno make a return after the cameo in SuperStar Saga.

1. Sora - Okay, so I am a massive kingdom hearts fanboy, I love everything from the plot that can be needlessly complicated, the music, and the characters. Will he ever be in smash? No, but I'll always be here putting the distance to drop into a dream. I feel as if his movement would just come naturally with massive potential in the magic that could be used, with his character it's self fitting into the cartoonish nature nicely.

Honorable mentions
Andy/Sami
Captain N (really doesn't qualify)
Shovel Knight
Bandanna Dee
another Xenoblade Chronicles Representative
Rhythm Heaven representative

Troykv

Smash Master
5. Idolm@ster Rep - I seriously just want a music rep so badly. I love Idolm@ster to death, and with their ability to play in 3s or solo, I think Sakurai could do quite a few cool things with them. I wouldn't mind the EBA either, as I like their game too, it's if I had a choice though. It would be Im@s.

4. Phoenix Wright - I personally feel that Wright should have been in before Ryu because of how much Wright is for Capcom on the Nintendo portable systems (GBA, DS, 3DS). He would translate well in how Sakurai likes to make jokey type characters, and he would just be a blast to have, especially with the music that would come with him.

3. Micaiah - I doubt she will ever be in Smash at this point, since she should have been in Brawl. Anyway, I really love Radiant Dawn, and it's one of my favorite games I've ever played. I think it would be awesome to have a Fire Emblem character that doesn't use a sword at all, since mages are my favorite characters to use.

2. Wolf - No character really should ever have to be cut. Heck, I'd prefer if they made him like Lucina, Doc, or DP if it allows them to put him in the game. He should be in before Lucas or Roy.

1. Ice Climbers - Literally the most original character in Melee and Brawl, and deserve to be in Smash 4. I would have them rather not have made a lackluster 3DS version, to keep these guys in the game. I love Ice Climber and while i don't use them much, I wish to see them back.
5.- I wonder of they appears in a Nintendo Consoles... But a Mii Costume is possible because Virtual Fighter

4.- Phoenix Wright is awesome!

3.- *see that the other two are Veterans* She is your most wanted newcomer ever <3

2.- I'm sure would get pissed with that idea xD

1.- Well, is a 2x1 character... And nobody can really mimic that.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
5.- I wonder of they appears in a Nintendo Consoles... But a Mii Costume is possible because Virtual Fighter

4.- Phoenix Wright is awesome!

3.- *see that the other two are Veterans* She is your most wanted newcomer ever <3

2.- I'm sure would get pissed with that idea xD

1.- Well, is a 2x1 character... And nobody can really mimic that.
Micaiah is my most wanted newcomer that actually had some type of chance. If I could I might pick Ilyana instead because she was my fave unit in PoR and RD.

Im@s had one spin off DS game so it could work haha.

Troykv

Smash Master
Micaiah is my most wanted newcomer that actually had some type of chance. If I could I might pick Ilyana instead because she was my fave unit in PoR and RD.

Im@s had one spin off DS game so it could work haha.
Oh! I see xD

I feel something similar before (my favorite FE Character that isn't a Lord is Sophia from Fuuin no Tsurugu)... But with all this time I started to love her more and more.

And... Okay, actually is possible xD

Last edited:

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
I'd like to change my list actually! After having played the beginning of Golden Sun,
up to where you first meet the Wise One,
I've decided to boost Isaac up to number FIVE! Yeah, I already love it. Everyone else is still on the list, too, but some more changes include Kraid's movement to nine, and Mr. AR is now 10.

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
1. Banjo-Kazooie: Total Hypetrain just thinking about these two guys from the golden N64 age coming into smash.
2. Chibi-Robo: Little guy with BIG potential, plus Nintendo Owned.
3. Lanky Kong: Not so much for the meme/lolz but I feel like he would be a great addition
4. King K. Rool: Another villain but with Ranged attacks? Nice.
5. Krystal: I think we'd be better off with Krystal then wolf, plus it would be a breath of fresh air to a new moveset with a staff.
6. Razputin (psychonauts): Never gonna happen, but a guy can dream.
7. Ty the Tazmanian Tiger: Boomerang playstyle? oh hell yeah.
8. Crash Bandicoot: Might as well right? Activision is never gonna use him ever again, plus we would see one of the triangle rivalries from the 90's, Nintendo (mario), SEGA (sonic) and Crash (Sony).
9. Spyro: anything to get him away from Skylanders and back to his original design, kinda like pac-man in a sense (and crash to an extent)
10. Knuckles: Idk, Placeholder here, and hes probably the only character from the sonic series to be tolerable, that is, if Sonic gets someone else joining him (hope not). (like Ryu and megaman)

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
Ok, this will be interesting... Here's my list.

10. King K. Rool
9. Wolf
8. Popo/Nana (solo Ice Climber)
7. Snake
6. Squirtle
5. Krystal
4. Bandana Dee
3. Either Black Shadow as a totally new character, or Blood Falcon as a more powerful Captain Falcon semi-clone. I don't really consider Ganondorf to be like Falcon anymore.
2. Inkling
1. Rayman

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
Hi! Finally, my list is this. But I must say, I have only voted for the characters that are in the top 6.

1. Princess Daisy (Mario Bros)
2. Chrom (Fire Emblem)
3. Bayonetta
4. Azura (Fire Emblem)
5. Corrin / Kamui (Fire Emblem)
6. Isaac (Golden Sun)
7. Tails (Sonic)
8. Krystal (Star Fox)
9. Shantae
10. Inkling (Splatoon)

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
The first three characters are my ultimate most wanted. These are the characters I really want right now and would easily send me over the moon if they were playable.

1: King K. Rool - Been my most wanted since Ridley's confirmation as a Stage Boss. Easily has some great potential and would stand out amongst the other Donkey Kong characters.
2: Isaac - After Little Mac, Isaac is certainly a character that I feel is worth promoting to a playable character due to the potential his Venus Psynergy could bring to Smash Bros.
3: Inklings - Splatoon is easily one of my favourite new IPs from Nintendo, and I want to see them in Smash Bros thanks to their potential for uniqueness, not to mention having very memorable designs and being adorable squid kids.

Following on, the rest I feel are sort of runner ups in the characters I want.
4: Wolf - Pretty much the last veteran I want at this point -
5: Rayman - I think he'd be a pretty neat character given his lack of limbs being his the key point in his potential. Not to mention I've known Rayman since a kid on the GameCube so that'd be a little nostalgia blast.
6: Waluigi - Easily my most wanted and preferred Mario newcomer at this point. Comedic, could have potential drawn from spin-off Mario games, and also nice for him to have a promotion.
7: Krystal - She'd be a nice addition for the Star Fox series. Even if we only get Wolf back, I wouldn't mind Krystal being chosen for the next game.
8: Snake - It'd be nice if he were to return.
9: Wonder Red (The Wonderful 101) - Easily one of my most wanted back in the pre-launch speculation era (until his trophy... :/) Great potential in his Unite Morphs.
10... I guess that's it...?

Outside of my ultimate most wanted who are vacuum-locked into my most wanted list and only fluctuate in position, I don't really have a stable top 10 for Smash Bros DLC.

TheBlueSpirit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
thebiuespirit
3DS FC
5086-3271-7834
10. Melee Fox
-Joking, obviously.

9. Proffessor Layton
-I don't necessarily want him, but I feel like it would be hilariously absurd if he made it in.

8. Wolf
-All the cut characters deserve to make it back, honestly.

7. Shantae
-Never played the games but she seems like someone unique that'd be fun to play as.

6. Dixie Kong
-Only if they have Tiny as an alt.

5. Shovel Knight
-Again, I've never played the game, but I feel like him as a character would be very interesting.

4. Snake
-Of all characters that didn't deserve to be cut, this is certainly one. His moveset was so much fun.

3. Captain Toad
-Why haven't they added Toad yet? Why not add the captain of all Toads? Toad is my favorite Mario character and he hasn't been added yet? Logic levels are measuring 0 right now.

2. Pichu
-This is pretty stupid but it's one of my favorite Pokemon and I think it's dumb that they cut him/her. Cause I'd rather not have anyone who was lucky enough to make it onto the roster be cut (hence why I basically listed all of the cut characters).

1. Ice Climbers
-Let me rephrase that. At least a SOLO ice climber? That would be nice. Thy don't deserve to be cut like that just because the 3ds can't handle their amazingness. It irritates me that one of my mains, of all characters, had to be cut.

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
*sigh* Here we go again, a guy voting for a staff!
Whats that supposed to mean?
I haven't even voted for Krystal, just Banjo and Chibi.

Just throwing my opinions out there.

TallT

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to keep my reasons why short

8. Meowth- one of my favorite Pokemon.

7. Krystal- Wolf and her would round out the Star Fox series nicely

6. Isaac- I only want this character if most of his attack rely on his psynergy abilities. If not then NO THANK YOU.

5. Ridley- I love his character design and the movesets I've seen fans come up with are really unique. Although, I'm not sure how I feel about Sakurai removing him from his boss hazard position.

4. Dixie Kong- She would be a simple character to make and she is an important part of the DK series.

3. Bandanna Dee- This adorable guy managed to win me over. I have only played a few games with him in it but I think he will be able to bring something new

2. Wolf- he is veteran that was fun to play as and I found myself enjoying him in Brawl more than Fox or Falco

1. King K. Rool- have wanted him since Diddy joined in Brawl. His potential for a unique heavy projectile moveset fits my style. I can see him being a cool trap character.
@ Aetheri Aetheri I'm changing my most wanted characters

2. Ridley
1. King K. Rool

Top Bottom