• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top 10 Most Wanted Characters for DLC in Smash 4

Mcvjjmdm

Smash Rookie
My list from 10-1:

10- Ivysaur (Poke'mon)
-Iconic
-Mostly straightforward moveset, Brawl veteran
-Good Grass type pokemon, memorable

9- Simon Belmont (Castlevania)
-Nintendo history
-straightforward moveset
-Cool character overall

8- Midna (Legend of Zelda)
- Iconic character
-LoZ is a popular franchise and Twilight Princess is a popular game
-Moveset would be pretty awesome (you could even pair her with Wolf Link)

7- Bomberman (Bomberman)
-I love bomberman 2
-Iconic
-Has history with Nintendo
-self explanatory move set

6- Sub-Zero/Scorpion (Mortal Kombat)
-Moveset would be straightforward
-Popular and notable franchise
-Has Nintendo written all over it

5- Snake (Metal Gear Solid
-Fan favorite
-Solid character with roots in Nintendo history, Brawl veteran
-Iconic
-Moveset doesn't need remodeling, the moveset is solid

4- Chun Li (Street Fighter)
-Moveset is straightforward
-Semi iconic
-My second favorite SF character
-They wouldn't have to make a new stage for her

3- Bonk (Bonk's Adventure)
-Semi Iconic, certainly retro
-Fresh, solid Character, straightforward moveset
-Is Bi-Console (TG16/NES)

2- Ridley (Metroid)
-For sake of roundness, Samus is lonely
-I like big characters
-Scaling is non issue to me, nintendo could make it work
-He's a space dragon, what more can I say?

1- Bayonetta (Bayonetta)
-Platinum games has been pretty friendly with nintendo
-Her moveset is straightforward and the roster needs more new games represented
-She could easily be toned down for less mature audiences
-She is iconic

Last edited:

Mcvjjmdm

Smash Rookie
No order within tiers.

Top tier:
Wolf
Ridley
Waluigi

This would be cool tier:
Snake
Ice Climbers

This will never ever happen tier:
Magikarp
Slime (FF)
Shrek
Bane (y duz he wear the mask?)

Just bcuz tier:
Ganon (We have two Links, we have two Zeldas.....)
Ganon would be cool if they changed his moveset or made him a skin, more likely he would end up a clone though.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
How convenient that I have found this thread as I've styled my signature to contain my ten most wanted characters.
They are, in order:

1. Midna & Wolf Link. My dream character for nearly ten years. Zelda: Twilight Princess was - and is - one of my favorite games of all time, and consequently, Midna is my favorite video game character (after Lucario). I only cared about Midna and Sonic getting into Brawl when it came out, but sadly the former did not happen. By Smash 4 came around, I had kinda forgotten about her, but even since Hyrule Warriors and Smash 4 confirming DLC with the Fighter Ballot, I've been thinking about Wolf Link and Midna in Smash more and more. I gave only vote in the ballot and it was for them.

So yeah this is my ultimate pipe dream character. I listen to this song every day to help me imagine what their grand reveal would be like. I can immediately imagine how they'd fight too - Midna uses her hair to throw enemies and teleports the duo across the stage, while Wolf Link uses his feral wolf attacks.

I don't have much else of value to say, just that I firmly believe in Midna becoming a staple Zelda and Nintendo character akin to how Rosalina, Isabelle, Pikmin, etc. have been welcomed into Nintendo's "family", and whether this is a result or the catalyst of that happening, I don't care. I just want it to happen.

---

2. Inkling. Splatoon looks, feels, and generally is the best thing ever. I knew it was going to be something special from the moment I saw it at E3 2014 in Nintendo's Digital Event. It's a fresh, fun, and completely necessary game, and I just can't wait another five years to start begging Sakurai to add the Inklings in. They would really interesting because there's so many creative things your could do with them in Smash.

2. Excitebike. Excitebike is another series I feel really needs to get more representation in Smash. It's a lot like Punch-Out!! in that it's an old and long-running series that's well-remembered. The biker would be very fun to play as, fighting using only motorcycle stunts, and generally would just be really fun to have around! They could even throw in some references to Excitebots and Excite Truck in their moveset.

4. Sami. While most people think of Andy when it comes to Advance Wars getting a character, I think of Sami. Partially she is way cooler, but I feel she is a more natural fit for Smash Bros. She is, after all, never seen without a weapon and is clearly capable of fighting, and resembles a staple unit of the series - the infantry. I can easily imagine her playstyle revolving around stage control, summoning (sprite-based) units to help her in battle, it seems like the perfect fit.

5. Jill Valentine. I just want a Resident Evil character in Smash in general, despite the odds. I personally love the series so I wish to see everything - from the music, the monsters, the locales, and of course, the characters - cross over with Smash one day, even if it's something small. It's probably out of the question but I'd love if her moveset involved using different gun types with their own ammo counters. PS. I would actually be okay with Leon as a Resident Evil rep as well! He is really cool too.

6. Shovel Knight. Initially I supported Shovel Knight ironically, but after playing his game and seeing the potential I am all for Shovel Knight in Smash Bros. Based on merit he may seem somewhat random (that was why I jokingly supported him) but otherwise he fits right in, and his moveset is incredibly obvious - yet still interesting, as nobody would fight like Shovel Knight. Also, Shovel Knight music in Smash would be amazing.

7. Paper Mario. This is a character I've supported on and off for a long time, my interest in him fluctuating. What hasn't changed though, is that I think Paper Mario would be an incredibly unique character in Smash. Not to mention, some true Paper Mario representation is long overdue in my opinion - the series is pretty much universally loved by those who've played it and right now Paper Mario is mostly represented by the one game that wasn't liked.

8. Anna. I don't have much to say here. Anna is just a great character. Fire Emblem does have many characters already, but...I have to make an exception for Anna. She has access to pretty much every Fire Emblem weapon as well, so she's guaranteed to be a very unique character too. However, my interest in seeing her has been reignited (get it, Fire Emblem?) because in the new Fire Emblem she is an archer, and I've wanted a bow-only character in Smash for quite some time (For Glory Links don't count).

9. Weavile. While his chances are definitely dismal, Weavile is my second favorite Pokemon (after Lucario, who is in) so I can't say I don't want him, especially after seeing the way he looks in Pokken. Because of his typing - Dark and Ice - he'd definitely have some potential to be an interesting fighter in Smash.

10. Nightmare. The one from Soulcalibur. I really like Soulcalibur and Nightmare is an incredibly awesome character. I mean, just look at him. He's damn cool. Plus recreating Link vs. Nightmare from Soulcalibur 2 and pitting Namco's real best fighting game mascot against Ryu would be beyond amazing. Also, Soulcalibur music in Smash would be a dream. And before I forget, Nightmare's playstyle could be unique and interesting if he, like Ryu, brought mechanics from his game into Smash.

I've spoiler'd 5-10 of my list, as I don't want to clog the page and I don't want them nearly as much I want the top four - Midna/Wolf Link, Inkling, Excitebike, Sami.

blackghost

Smash Champion
wolf link
impa
any new form of zelda
shanti
crystal
king k
lloyd
a fire emblem character from IF
bayonetta
wonder red

D

Deleted member

10-Balloon Fighter: He was always one of my "retro" picks for smash, hovewer due to the Villagers recovery, i don't expect him anytime soon.

9-Inklings: I heard of lot things about these squid kids but i wanted to support theme not because MUH RECENCY111!11 but beacause i really started to enjoy Splatoon after playing it(i still have a lot of levels to upgrade).

8-Bandanna Dee: As i said in the Bandanna Dee thread, he just has a certain charm, maybe it's the spear and moveset said spear could bring,the bandanna or his feet.

7-Bomberman: As been on almost every Nintendo device in history(EVEN ON THE VIRTUAL BOY) and im interesed in what his bomb-only moveset could bring to the table.

6-Dixie Kong: I have fond memories with DKC2 and 3 whenever i play as her, she is my second option for new character of the Donkey Kong series.

5-Paper Mario: Even if he's just Another Mario, i still think he would bring a great moveset based on his abilities from the Paper Mario series.

4-Wolf: He just needs to come back, that's all i have to say.

3-Isaac: A great RPG series, a great moveset potential, and his debut could bring a boost in popularity to the Golden Sun series just like Mother and FE.

2-King K. Rool: A Villain, heavyweight,greatly requested,just go the K.Rool thread and you will see what i am talking about.

1-Simon Belmont: Nintendo history, awesome music and stage selection and the unique yet straightfoward moveset he could bring just makes want him more that anyone else, he's my most 3rd-Party newcomer (the fact that i loved Super Castlevania 4 helps too).

Honorable Mentions:
Waluigi, Ghirahim, Ridley, Lip, Rayman, Dr. Eggman, Ray mk 3, Chibi Robo, Classic Ganon, Takamaru, Professor Layton, Wonder Red, Banjo Kazooie, Black Mage, Andy, Sami, Toad/Captain Toad, Lyn ,Zoroark, Meowth, Solid Snake, Squirtle, Krystal, Ivysaur, Dark Samus, Ice Climbers, Zero, Mike Jones and Cranky Kong.

EDIT 07/14/15:I made some changes to my list.

Last edited by a moderator:

blackghost

Smash Champion
not sure i can deal with another small monkey in this game. if dixie cna be 100 percent different from diddy i'll be ok but if i get diddy lucina I'll be ticked off.

Hardy

Smash Rookie
NNID
canachick
10: Impa (although I really really want to see Masked Link)
09: King K. Rool
08: Crono
07: Shovel Knight
06: Rayman
05: Bayonetta
04: Mr Dream (it would be awesome to have a Punch-Out char that had ALL the other character's moves)
03: Paper Mario (wouldn't mind him being the reeplacement of Doc in the next game)
02: Crash Bandicoot (I would be so hyped to have Mario vs Sonic vs Crash, the battle of hte 90s ^^ )
01: Banjo-Kazooie

Bonus: X instead of Megaman ><

Might edit it later tho

Last edited:

TriforceOfAura

Smash Journeyman
After giving serious consideration to the topic, I have decided that these are my top 10 picks for Smash DLC:
#10: Isaac(Golden Sun) I haven't played the game, but from the way my friend describes him to me, he sounds cool.
#9: Zael(The Last Story) Same reason as Isaac.
#8: Shantae(Shantae): I have played all three Shantae games and can vouch for the fact that she would be a great character.
#7: Pichu(Pokemon): Becuase why not?
#6: Magolor(Kirby: RTDL): We need another Kirby character, if it's not Bandana Dee, it's him.
#5: Ice Climbers(Ice Climber): This one's obvious...
#4: Bandana Dee(Kirby): We need another Kirby character.
#3: Eevee(Pokemon): She would be great using her evolutions similarly to Pokemon Trainer from Brawl.
#2: Quote(Cave Story): He has many powerful weapons that would make him a suitable Smash character,
#1: Riolu/Grovyle(Pokemon): Both would be well suited to Smash, Riolu being a semi-clone of Lucario(see my thread on him), and Grovyle, as the other hero from Explorers of Sky, with a diverse moveset as well.
Those are my top choices, thanks for reading!

TriforceOfAura

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to do my top 10 characters to be in Smash 5, which is not necessarily the same as my top 10 characters for Smash 4 DLC. Some of these deserve to be newcomers straight up in Smash 5 rather than DLC. But there's definite crossover there.

[collapse=#10]

Wart - From Super Mario Bros 2 & Link's Awakening

While yes, Peach's moveset does heavily encapsulate SMB2, I feel like it's unfortunate that Wart has kind of fallen into the past and has been forgotten about... Many characters originally from SMB2 have grown to be series regulars like Birdo and Shy Guy, etc, but the main villain has fallen behind. Time for a comeback! Maybe in Mario Kart first...
[/collapse]

[collapse=#9]

Kamek - Numerous Yoshi & Mario games

Kamek is an interesting choice, he could be the first truly ranged magician in the series. Imagine it! He can teleport around and shoot off various Playstation-Buttons at his enemies... Like a more mobile, lighter Zelda, maybe? But almost all ranged moves. Also brings in the broomstick.
[/collapse]

[collapse=#8]

Inkling - Splatoon

The Inklings haven't appeared in a released game yet, but I think that the game will do well and the Inklings have a lot of potential as a kind of support-type character... Like, useful on their own but really shine when it comes to teams. Throw some paint down on the ground and your team mates move faster on it and your enemies are slowed. Not like super different speeds but a nice enough difference. A bunch of different weapons make for a varied moveset.
[/collapse]

[collapse=#7]

Masked Link - Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask

I've always been a huge fan of transformation characters in Smash. Not sure if maybe he's got the four different forms (Young Link, Deku, Zora & Goron) with all the different movesets or perhaps he quickly switches masks between moves. Like the dash is a Goron Roll or he uses the Deku Link's flower fall in the air... There's lots of potential here.

[/collapse]

[collapse=#6]

King K Rool - Donkey Kong Country

How he hasn't been in Smash yet is absolutely astounding. He's a major villain in a major Nintendo series and it's not like he's 2big or anything like that. He's a very quirky character... He could be so fun!
[/collapse]

[collapse=#5]

Blue & Eeveelutions - Pokemon Red, Blue, Yellow

Like I said... Transformation characters. In the vain of Pokemon Trainer from Brawl, we've got the Champion Blue standing in the background and switching between Flareon, Jolteon and Vaporeon in battle! Each plays kind of similarly, but have different attributes including infusing lightning, water/ice and fire into their moves, different speed, weight, etc... Basically I guess they're all three like semi-clones but in one character.
[/collapse]

[collapse=#4]

Banjo & Kazooie - Banjo-Kazooie

I really don't even need to say anything here... Everyone loves Banjo & Kazooie. ****ing glorious. A perfect fit for Smash. Make it happen!
[/collapse]

[collapse=#3]

Dixie Kong - Donkey Kong Country

Dixie is just lovely. She needs to be in Smash just so bad. And not as a Diddy clone (Which doesn't make sense to begin with). She could have just such a lovely hair-based moveset. Bam. She's a great character, Tropical Freeze really made me like her more than I had before.
[/collapse]

[collapse=#2]

Paper Mario - Paper Mario

Paper Mario possibly has the biggest potential of any character ever. He could/should be a summoning-type character where his special moves are all based on partners from all the games. So damn good.
[/collapse]

[collapse=#1]

Pokemon Trainer/Red - Pokemon Red, Blue, Yellow

Are you surprised? You really shouldn't be... Ivysaur needs to come back. Squirtle too, just to complete it. Charizard is incomplete without them and also a dirty traitor. Ivysaur was the best and most fun fighter Smash ever saw.
[/collapse]
I'm amazed someone else other than me thought of using the Eeveelutions... I'm impressed.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
10. Porky- He's a dream character no doubt, but he's the main villain of EB and M3. Super devious and full of potential!
9. Rayman- Love his games, he's the mascot of Ubisoft and pretty well known, hopefully we get to see him in Smash!
8. Bandana Dee- More Kirby characters is always fine with me! and with Waddle Dees being iconic yet absent, he deserves a spot
7. Snake- Everyone loved playing as him, fans are clamoring for his return, if only Konami got its act together
6. Ice Climbers- Somehow, someway, please let them be back. Smash feels so...incomplete without em!
5. Wolf- Please bring him back! He was so satisfying to play and I loved his personality! Very cool Rival/Villain character
4. Inklings- Splatoon is awesome! The moveset writes itself! Stage Control character anyone?
3. King K. Rool- He's so lovable, likely, full of personality, and villainous! He'd be perfect!
2. Banjo & Kazooie- They're a long shot but I absolutely adored their games and backed Yooka-Laylee! Bring them back!
1. Paper Mario!!!- My dream character from my favorite game series of all time! He'd be so unique and different and nostalgic!

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
10 - Virus (Dr. Mario); The combo team up with the small character, known as Virus. Chill, Weird and Fever are the names of the three Viruses that Dr. Mario has to eliminate. They would be cool to see playable in the Game.

9 - Balloon Fighter (Balloon Fighter); I think the idea of Balloon Fighter is genious. Popping them balloons, and using them to your advantage could be an interesting gameplay oppertunity for Smash. Air game will be flawless, unless you got someone popping your jam.

8 - Black Shadow (F-Zero X); With Samurai Goroh in NPC Hell, all I can say is that for one of my favourite Nintendo Franchises, I want F-Zero to have another playable character, and after Goroh comes Black Shadow. As long as they make him how Ganondorf should have been, aka black magic, unbelievable strenght, and a great addition for F-Zero. STOP THE BIAS SAKURAI.

7 - Doshin (Doshin the Giant); Many might think that he is too big. What is the matter of being too big? I mean, Bowser is way bigger than that of in Smash, and don't get me starting with what Olimar really is. So let us rather focus on the fact that DOSHIN actually change size in the game, which means, having him smaller is not a hard fact, pluss he could bring some interesting moveset potential, pluss... Look how goofy he is, he is just adawrable..

6 - Lip (Panel De Pon); Dr. Mario might be the grand puzzle representer, but there is another one that could also pitch inn, with perhaps a more personal puzzle style fighting, and that is Lip. She would be an oddball, but a defenenetly cool and interesting addition, and to be fair "I LOVE PUZZLE LEAGUE"...

5 - Inkling (Splatoon) - Captured by the fun of Splatoon, I am even more of a in favor of Inklings in Smash. I got the Mii costume, but I still want them to contribute a moveset for them, instead of Gunner-Mii. Make them more original.

4 - Chibi-Robo (Chibi-Robo) - The cute tiny cleanup service from Nintendo. Honestly I have never got around to play Chibi-Robo, and STILL it got so high? Well basically, I think it was created for Smash, there is something wrong, and that is the fact that it is not a playable already, and sad part is that it might not ever happen? I guess Iwata and Sakurai is just inslaving this little buddy by cleaning up their messy offices.... Poor Robo.

3 - Ice Climbers (Ice Climber NES); I don't care what some might believe, that they are impossible, because where you see problems, I see oppertunities. By the time of their development some complications happened, and by the time of "NOW", Nintendo have had a long time to fix the issue, and rather embrace it to make the Ice Climbers even better, and I actually enjoyed using the duo, so I hope for them to come back.

2 - Isaac (Golden Sun); Honestly, to me, Isaac is another Chibi-Robo. Never played GS, but I believe that the character is fit for Smash, and that is to that degree that it earns Isaac the second top spot on my most wanted DLC characters. He is more than just another swordman.

1 - King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country); There is no other character I want more than King K. Rool. He is my favourite Nintendo villain, and a headache of why he is not already in Smash. Thanks to the Ballot, King K. Rool will finally be in Smash, and if someway or another he is not, well that will confirm that Nintendo feels like this is that Taboo, that kissing your own sister will feel like a fun activity....

candyissweet

Smash Apprentice
Hehe...I don't know if I'm crazy enough to go up to 10...we'll see. XD
Note: There are many characters I want to see in but are already assist trophies; therefore I won't be adding them on this list, but honorable mentions: Saki, Ashley, Jeff, and Takamaru

10. Wonder Red - I don't know about him to be honest. I definitely think his moveset would be interesting, and he's a highly requested character, but I guess I won't feel as much hype for him. Mainly because he's only appeared in one game, so he currently isn't as iconic to the Smash fan base as other characters might be.
9. Isa - I got to love Sin and Punishment, so #9 goes to the guy who isn't an assist trophy. He's a character with a less well-known game, but I can see really interesting gameplay coming out of the rapid fire shooting aspect of the game.
8. Claus - I'll start by saying this: We do NOT need any more Earthbound reps. But I'm always welcome to it. I guess Claus is a bit like Ridley since adding him in the game would ruin his (passed away) character, but his character model would look really cool and his moveset would be really popular.
7. Inkling - As usual, I start with the reasons not to add. Splatoon is anything but a dying franchise. It is off to a really good start, and there are definitely other characters depending on Smash to promote them. On the other hand, Splatoon's popularity is more likely to increase Inkling's chances of making it in the DLC roster, And judging by the gameplay, a stage controlling moveset would be really cool to see in smash.
6. Wolf - I don't care what people say; Wolf was not a clone. In fact I feel he wasn't even a semi-clone because of his special ability's physics. The dark neon glow in his attacks is something I especially want to see on the WiiU, so I would put Wolf top priority on the new roster. He's like a Roy to Fox, you could say.
5. Mii Wizard - I'm dumb for saying I want a new Mii as DLC. I think it's a lower priority, but I'm ready to customize if it does happen. Lol.
4. King K Rool - Honestly if we are going for a fan service DLC, K Rool is perfect. He's a character that a lot of people want and can still be done. Plus, we do need more DK reps, more antagonists even if Wolf comes back. I'm expecting him to be confirmed really soon.
3. Ice Climbers - I...don't have much to say about this. It's a really hard problem to get around, and if the dev team can't make it happen, I praise their efforts. But if they do finally get it working...well, I'm still crossing my fingers.
2. Waddle Dee - Ever since I played Kirby's Return to Dreamland, I thought, it would be awesome for Waddle Dee to be in Smash. Now that his popularity has only greatly increased, I think it's finally time for him to join the fight! We have Ryu, a tough guy, Lucas, from a dark game, Roy, in a game where your units die forever, Mewtwo, who has a scary laugh, Waddle Dee has a more bright color to him that would make a little twist in the current DLC lineup. I'm interested how they will implement his spear, but he's a character most people want to see join, so keep your fingers crossed.

Before we go to #1, everyone please sympathize for me. I've been typing this on my phone for a really long time where backspace is the only way to fix typos. (you can't tap where you want to fix it, you have to go all the way back)

1. Isaac - My lord, my idol, my waifu (kind of...). He's a character who's highly requested, brings a new franchise into Smash, his moveset is KILLER, he looks awesome in the game, there's just too much to say about Isaac that makes me praise him so much. The circumstances have NEVER been so perfect; he disappeared from the assist trophy roster, we got some disappointment when left with two soundtracks from Golden Sun, and now the Smash Ballot based off fan service! I'm crossing my fingers that not only he will become playable with a tear jerking trailer, but also that he's not leaked all over the internet the day before he is released. (I'm still mad about the Roy and Ryu thing) That was irrelevant, but keep your faith in the Sakurai, because whoever he chooses will NOT dissatisfy!!!

Saenen

Smash Rookie
There are definitely a lot of cool characters I'd like to see. Honorable mentions going out to Jeff, Waluigi, King K. Rool, Snake, Ice Climbers, and Sami/Andy.

Here's the real top 10 though:
10) Impa (The Legend of Zelda) - The Zelda series should totally get a new rep. Zelda is one of Nintendo's most popular series, and there are still only five characters. Impa is one of the few recurring characters that could be interesting, especially after Hyrule Warriors.
9) Wolf (Star Fox) - Alright, we got Lucas and we got Roy. Wolf is the only remaining cut (semi)clone that actually stands a chance. His moveset was entirely unique too, just like Lucas's, so Wolf should definitely get another shot.
8) Captain Toad (Mario) - Toad is iconic when it comes to the Mario series, to the point where he has even become a playable character in some of the newer games. Now that Captain Toad is an official character, I feel like Toad actually has some moveset potential now too.
7) Issac (Golden Sun) - Heres my bandwagon character. I've never actually played Golden Sun, but from everything I've seen, Isaac has ridiculous moveset potential, and is packing some really cool and interesting magic to offset his swordsmanship (for those people against swordsmen).
6) Tetra (The Legend of Zelda) - Here we are again with the Zelda reps. Tetra is another recurring character that would actually be really cool. She's being put in the 3DS Hyrule Warriors, and is packing both a cutlass and flintlock, giving her a very pirate-y moveset. In addition, Tetra would serve as my long-awaited second toon character.
5) Azura (Fire Emblem: Fates) - a lot of people would think of her as "just another Fire Emblem character," but I think she's actually really cool. For one, shes a dancer/singer, something that could make her motions extremely unique. Second, her weapon of choice is a spear, a distinction that no other Smash character shares. I'm especially excited thinking about half of her alts being lighter with no veil (like in the Hoshido game) and the other half being darker and having her veil (like in the Nohr game).
4) Zero (Mega Man X and Mega Man Zero) - The only third party character I want. It makes a lot of sense too, since his entire series (Mega Man Zero) was developed exclusively for the Game Boy, and later re-released on the DS. Capcom seems to be on board with their characters joining Smash too, based on Mega Man, Ryu, and the amount of Mii fighter outfits they've got.
3) Bandana Dee (Kirby) - Another spear wielder, but one with a much greater chance. Bandana Dee is definitely the next most important character from the Kirby series after the 3 that are already in, and I can't really see anyone complaining about Kirby getting a new rep.
2) Vaati (The Legend of Zelda) - The Zelda series should, in all honesty, get another villain. Considering that, alongside Ganon and Gandorf, Vaati is the only villain to have been in multiple games really makes him stand out as a legitimate option. Vaati is a wind mage too, which would definitely allow for a cool moveset, alongside his masterful swordplay.
1) The Masked Man (Mother 3) - How could I not want him? He's got it all, a laser sword, an arm cannon, a jetpack, and PSI powers. He's a villain, and a major one at that, serving as both the final boss and secondary antagonist of Mother 3, which would make the Mother series feel way more complete. He'd probably be really unique villain-wise too, since he's small and would most likely be light. He would be the most unique Mother character, by far. He's a realistic option too, unlike Porky, who would likely be considered too big.

StormC

Smash Hero
Bandana Dee is definitely the next most important character from the Kirby series after the 3 that are already in, and I can't really see anyone complaining about Kirby getting a new rep.
Oh, trust me... they do and would.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Updated the list once again...

Only two changes worth noting...
-Inklings have overtaken Snake to land themselves in the top 5 again...
-Isaac has now cleared 100 points
-K Rool is still number one with a 35 point gap...It'll be interesting how things will turn out if he gets announced as a DLC fighter. Will Isaac hold the number 1 spot the way K Rool did or will it rotate regularly between different characters? (Remember folks you can change your Top 10's as long as you let me know along with your old list for comparison)

10. Banjo & Kazooie - 42 *x3
9. Dixie Kong - 51 *
8. Ice Climbers - 51 *x5
7. Bandanna Dee - 60 *x5
6. Snake - 67 *x2
5. Inkling - 70 *
4. Ridley - 86 *x11
3. Wolf - 91 *x5
2. Isaac - 101 *x8
1. King K Rool - 136 *x14

----

JFF...Here's the top 10 Most Wanted characters according to the RTC thread...
10. Bandana Dee - 60 *x5
9. Inklings - 70 *
8. Chibi Robo - 24 *
7. Dixie Kong - 51 *
6. Ridley - 86 *x11
5. Isaac - 101 *x8
4. Ice Climbers - 51 *x5
3. Snake - 67 *x2
2. Wolf - 91 *5

As you can see everything's pretty much jumbled all over the place and Chibi Robo has snuck his way on here somehow despite not a lot people wanting him in their top 10's...He's barely in the Top 20 for this thread btw...

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
-K Rool is still number one with a 35 point gap...It'll be interesting how things will turn out if he gets announced as a DLC fighter. Will Isaac hold the number 1 spot the way K Rool did or will it rotate regularly between different characters? (Remember folks you can change your Top 10's as long as you let me know along with your old list for comparison)[
K. Rool's announcement would probably crash SmashBoards.

Isaac is always right behind K. Rool in polls so support wouldn't waver. Do you have the amount of voters counted, by chance?

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
K. Rool's announcement would probably crash SmashBoards.

Isaac is always right behind K. Rool in polls so support wouldn't waver. Do you have the amount of voters counted, by chance?
Not necessarily saying that support wouldn't falter, I reckon he'd be in the Top 3 consistently...I recall for quite a while Ridley was actually a definitive second placer though, but lately he hasn't received as many votes consistently like Isaac and Wolf who both overtaken the unfortunate Purple Space Dragon....

Also, no I didn't count the voters...I probably should but since we are going into 6 pages it'll be quite a lot...It shouldn't be too hard to do since I can just count the number of Top picks between characters as I have all that recorded...

Edit: 132 voters counted...though there are more as there are some who placed their top 10's without specifying order and I awarded 1 point for each character in those circumstances...

One of these days I might...and this is a big MAYBE...go through the entire thread again to double check and recount everything for the sake of consistency....but I like sunshine so it may not happen for a while...

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
1. K. Rool
2. Wolf
3. Isaac
4. Ridley
5. Snake
6. Dixie
7. King Boo
8. Groose
9. Hades
10. Bandana Dee

shane3x

Saint of Swords
#10 Corrin (FE: Fates Avatar)

More likely to be in Smash 5 compared to DLC for Smash 4. Yes he is another sword character however he does have the ability to turn into a dragon which could be combined into an interesting moveset. Also Fire Emblem's popularity only increases. I don't see Lucina staying smash for Smash 5 however Robin being the first of the popular new school avatar characters will probably stay so that would keep the FE rep at 5, however we may also get another Fates character making it grow to 6.

# 9 Mickey Mouse

An iconic known worldwide. Has had many many games and has a lot of inspiration to draw a moveset from. Disney and Nintendo at least have a relationship where they make games and other products.

# 8 Batman

Never happening, but Its Batman. Don't say it wouldn't work, because it's been shown realistic type characters can work and he has plenty of non-realistic styles also if they really needed to go that route.

# 7 Gengar / Boo

It'd be cool to have a tricky style character, like for example some way to temporarily stop an opponent using items or projecticles and just provide a new play style. Both are popular and well known.

#6 Paper Mario

Another Mario? More popular and liked compared to Doctor Mario and the Paper Mario series is much bigger and relevant and has plenty of inspiration to allow for his own unique playstyle. They could even somehow incorporate some sort of turn based mechanic. Say for example like if he does a certain special an icon appears above the opponent randomly and each time you do a different special the icon changes. The icons would relate to his various special attacks. While a certain icon is above the opponent if paper mario does that move to him it does extra damage or something and could be used for mind games to try to confuse an opponent unaware if you are trying to bait him into a fake move or risk extra damage.

#5 Banjo-Kazooie

Heavyweight in the forgotten collect-a-thon era. Started as a Nintendo Franchise, unfortunately ruined by Microsoft however Megaman used his NES look so at the very least BK could get his Nintendo look and possible his Xbox look also (Please dont). Phil Spencer has said he'd be down for that although most likely said as publicity rather then a genuine offer to work with Nintendo to put him in the game. Plenty of moveset ideas. DHD does feel like a cheap BK.

#4 Yooka-Laylee

Shares a lot with Banjo-Kazooie, although has a lot more of a chance due to Playtonic being reasonable unlike Microsoft and they'd love some advertisement for their new IP. They have discussed possible DLC, Expansions and Sequels in future. More likely for Smash 5 since he hasnt had his first game yet, however Greninja's moveset was made up since he was only concept art and he wasnt in a game before he was done in Smash.

#3 Captain Toad

Toad has appeared for years as a supporting character and in some games but finally has his own adventure which is quite unique and I would hope they come up with an interesting playstyle just because he isn't really doing punches and kicks.

#2 Inkling

Popular new nintendo IP, plenty of potential for unique mechanics involving Inking.

#1 Wolf

Was in the previous Smash game, so doesn't need any justification but see sig.

jamesster445

Smash Lord
First some Honorable mentions since they barely made the list
Anthony Higgs- The random black guy from Metroid Other M because Smash needs at least one black guy
Serperior- My choice for a grass Pokemon.
Anna- The mascot of Fire Emblem and the RNG Goddess has been a staple to the frnchise for 14 games and has had an active role on the battlefield recently. Also her weapon is a Spear. However there are a bit too many FE characters in Smash as is.
Azura- Sings and Dances, Wields a spear and above all else Waterbending. But she has some of the same problems Anna has.
Porky- An enemy to both Ness and Lucas, I can;t think of a better Mother rep.
Ridley- Maybe next time space pirate
Wreck It Ralph- Makes more sense than Shrek.

10. Krystal- Not the biggest fan of her but great move set potential with her staff.
9. Wonder Red- Dude beats people by effectively using people as a weapon. Metal as F&@*^.
8. K.Rool- Need a say more.
7. Inkling- Maybe a bit too soon for this game, but a definite contender in Smash 5
6. Hades- Think a Heavyweight zoner/keepaway giving him a Bullet Hell style fighting style. Also think of all the trolling.
5. Black Shadow- A villain that's possibly fast. Also I want to recreate the Falcon Punch scene from the anime.
4. Ryu Hayabusa- Honestly thought that this was the Ryu coming to Smash. Considering the recent relationship between Nintendo and Tecmo it makes sense. Tecmo has actually supported Nintendo in recent memory unlike Capcom but I digress.
3. Prince Fluff- Out of all Kirby characters Fluff I feel would offer something that no other Nintendo character will ever offer, Yarn transformations.
2. Wolf- My main in Brawl.
1. Snake- He opened the floodgates for all 3rd party characters and deserves to be back just as much if not more than Sonic.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
JFF...Here's the top 10 Most Wanted characters according to the RTC thread...
10. Bandana Dee - 60 *x5
9. Inklings - 70 *
8. Chibi Robo - 24 *
7. Dixie Kong - 51 *
6. Ridley - 86 *x11
5. Isaac - 101 *x8
4. Ice Climbers - 51 *x5
3. Snake - 67 *x2
2. Wolf - 91 *5

As you can see everything's pretty much jumbled all over the place and Chibi Robo has snuck his way on here somehow despite not a lot people wanting him in their top 10's...He's barely in the Top 20 for this thread btw...
I think it'd be great to advertise this thread more so we can get a better idea of the community's DLC requests.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
10) Bandanna Dee - If Fire Emblem can get five reps, than surely the Kirby series can get at least four. Bandanna Dee would make for a fun choice due to his spear, and all the fun stuff they can come up with.

9) Ray MK III - Custom Robo is a very unique and fun series that isn't very well-represented in Smash. Ray MK III was an Assist Trophy back in Brawl, but he's gone now. Just gives his chances a bit of a boost. Still very unlikely, unfortunately.

8) Banjo and Kazooie - The old Rareware Banjo and Kazooie games were very fun, and they were one of the best franchises on the N64. It would be so nice to see them in Smash Bros, however, even with Phil Spencer's tweet, they more than likely have the smallest chance of making the cut as DLC.

7) King K. Rool - Similar to my reasoning for Bandanna Dee, if a series like Fire Emblem can get five reps, than surely the Donkey Kong series can get at least three. I chose King K. Rool over Dixie Kong because Smash needs more villains, more heavy-weights, and less monkeys.

6) Isaac - Golden Sun once had some form of representation in Smash with Isaac as an Assist Trophy back in Brawl. Now, there is nothing more than a few music pieces from the Isaac's game series. Isaac would make for a very fun fighter due to all his Psyenergy spells. Imaging him like Robin, but with more up-close prowess.

5) The Inklings - Splatoon came out a few months ago, and boy-oh-boy is it fun! The Inklings are such a neat character design as well. Spraying ink on the battlefield and traveling faster in it would make for a very cool niche that the Inklings would have. The only flaw I can think of it the 3DS version having to handle up to four different Ink colors all spread around large stages. Also, the Mii Costumes don't mean anything. Just look at Link, Mega Man, etc.

4) Sceptile - Currently in Smash, we have a fire starter in Charizard, and a water starter in Greninja. Both from the first and most recent generations, respectively. The addition of Sceptile would help balance out the starters, and represent the most recent Pokemon games. Sceptile's relevancy is higher now than ever due to the Gen III remakes, so hopefully he can make the cut

3) Snake - Snake was a very unexpected, but very welcomed, newcomer back in Brawl. Fun moves, cool stage with bonus Codex, and an awesome Final Smash. However, Snake is third party, making him a very unlikely candidate to return as DLC, even with him being in a past game. Hopefully Sakurai can pull some strings, but I'm not holding my breath.

2) Krystal - Krystal would have made for such an awesome character in Smash, simply because of her staff! Fire Blasts, Ice Blasts, Rocket Boosts, Ground Quakes, you name it and that staff can do it. Krystal would bring another female to the game too, something Sakurai has been trying to do. However, with Star Fox Zero being a prequel with apparent lack of Krystal, her chances went from very high, to low again. Such potential... if only Sakurai could see it.

1) Wolf - Why the **** was Wolf cut? There was literally no reason for Wolf to be cut. Lucas came back as DLC, so surely Wolf can too! Plus, look at Start Fox Zero. Wolf is CONFIRMED to be in the game, and is actually the star of his own mode 'VS. Star Wolf'. If Wolf's relevancy wasn't high enough to Sakurai before, surely it is now. Maybe he'll be available to those who pre-order Star Fox Zero, or have the Star Fox Zero game come with download codes. Wolf's return would make for such a great marketing strategy for Nintendo that they'd be outright STUPID to pass up on it. Let's bring back Wolf!

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
#10 Corrin (FE: Fates Avatar)

More likely to be in Smash 5 compared to DLC for Smash 4. Yes he is another sword character however he does have the ability to turn into a dragon which could be combined into an interesting moveset. Also Fire Emblem's popularity only increases. I don't see Lucina staying smash for Smash 5 however Robin being the first of the popular new school avatar characters will probably stay so that would keep the FE rep at 5, however we may also get another Fates character making it grow to 6.

# 9 Mickey Mouse

An iconic known worldwide. Has had many many games and has a lot of inspiration to draw a moveset from. Disney and Nintendo at least have a relationship where they make games and other products.

# 8 Batman

Never happening, but Its Batman. Don't say it wouldn't work, because it's been shown realistic type characters can work and he has plenty of non-realistic styles also if they really needed to go that route.

# 7 Gengar / Boo

It'd be cool to have a tricky style character, like for example some way to temporarily stop an opponent using items or projecticles and just provide a new play style. Both are popular and well known.

#6 Paper Mario

Another Mario? More popular and liked compared to Doctor Mario and the Paper Mario series is much bigger and relevant and has plenty of inspiration to allow for his own unique playstyle. They could even somehow incorporate some sort of turn based mechanic. Say for example like if he does a certain special an icon appears above the opponent randomly and each time you do a different special the icon changes. The icons would relate to his various special attacks. While a certain icon is above the opponent if paper mario does that move to him it does extra damage or something and could be used for mind games to try to confuse an opponent unaware if you are trying to bait him into a fake move or risk extra damage.

#5 Banjo-Kazooie

Heavyweight in the forgotten collect-a-thon era. Started as a Nintendo Franchise, unfortunately ruined by Microsoft however Megaman used his NES look so at the very least BK could get his Nintendo look and possible his Xbox look also (Please dont). Phil Spencer has said he'd be down for that although most likely said as publicity rather then a genuine offer to work with Nintendo to put him in the game. Plenty of moveset ideas. DHD does feel like a cheap BK.

#4 Yooka-Laylee

Shares a lot with Banjo-Kazooie, although has a lot more of a chance due to Playtonic being reasonable unlike Microsoft and they'd love some advertisement for their new IP. They have discussed possible DLC, Expansions and Sequels in future. More likely for Smash 5 since he hasnt had his first game yet, however Greninja's moveset was made up since he was only concept art and he wasnt in a game before he was done in Smash.

#3 Captain Toad

Toad has appeared for years as a supporting character and in some games but finally has his own adventure which is quite unique and I would hope they come up with an interesting playstyle just because he isn't really doing punches and kicks.

#2 Inkling

Popular new nintendo IP, plenty of potential for unique mechanics involving Inking.

#1 Wolf

Was in the previous Smash game, so doesn't need any justification but see sig.
I recorded your list but Mickey Mouse and Batman are both characters that did not originate in video games, so I did not count them...let me know if you want to add other video game characters, but if you want to leave it it's fine too...
I think it'd be great to advertise this thread more so we can get a better idea of the community's DLC requests.
The more the merrier! This thread is supposed to work as a community poll of sorts so more people means better results!

----

@ ShinyRegice ShinyRegice If I may bug you for a favour, If you can whip up one of those Top 10 images for the OP when you get the chance? You don't have to, but I thought I'd ask anyways, as it would be great to add to the OP!

----

The updated list once again...
10. Banjo & Kazooie - 46 *x3
9. Dixie Kong - 52 *
8. Ice Climbers - 58 *x5
7. Bandanna Dee - 62 *x5
6. Snake - 74 *x3
5. Inkling - 75 *
4. Ridley - 88 *x11
3. Wolf - 101 *x7
2. Isaac - 104 *x8
1. King K Rool - 141 *x15
I know this is a very quick update from before but it's worth noting that Wolf has now reached over 100 points to join Isaac and K Rool!

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
@ Aetheri Aetheri no problem, here's your top 10 wanted DLC characters:

Besides, I'll probably post my top 10 here someday, but I have to think about a such list.

Spatman

Smash Ace
1) Dixie Kong
2) Tetra
3) Isaac
4) Wolf
5) Tiki
6) Porky Minch
7) Sylux
8) Baby Mario & Baby Luigi
9) Young Link with the masks from Majora's
10) Rayman

extra:
13) Bub & Bob from Bubble Bobble
12) Tetris (an idea I saw some days ago... an anthropomorphous character assembled with all the tetriminos)
11) Another Pokèmon: one among Sceptile/Grovyle/Squirtle/Pichu/Ivysaur, probably. However, I saw a brawl mode with Blastoise and Venusaur, and I think both of them would be awesome

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Okay, here's my top ten; let's start with some characters I'd be down with, but I wouldn't mind if they don't make it in:

#10: Solid Snake: he was very fun to play as in Brawl, and was a very unique addition in both his moveset and the universe he brought in Smash. I expected him to be a one-time guest, but I wouldn't mind his return.
#9: Ridley: that Project M mod convinced me he could be an awesome playable character, even though he would need a crazy amount of polish compared to the average fighter, and I'd be glad to see his supporters vindicated and the Ridley debate closed once and for all.
#8: Rayman: I used to support him vocally, but I've come to accept that personal bias aside he's not really a top choice for a third-party character, but he means a lot for my gaming history and I'd be glad to see him playable. His universe getting some representation through trophies is already amazing to begin with.
#7: Isaac: I bandwagoned him before the 3DS version released in Japan and even though I now don't really want him as much I respect the fan of his series and I'd be glad to see him playable with a very flashy moveset coming from his high potential. I also played the first Golden Sun game and it was a very enjoyable experience.
#6: Wonder Red: a character with a potentially very flashy moveset alternating between weak combo-oriented moves and laggy attacks with kill power like in the original game, which is really fun and could warrant to become a series rather than just one game.
#5: Banjo-Kazooie: no personal connection, but I know what those mean for Nintendo - or at least used to mean, but screw "relevance" - and the fact they're the biggest icons of their genre, seeing them in Smash would be one of the hypest things ever.

Now we're talking about characters I particularly care about:

#4: Dixie Kong
Compared to King K. Rool she's admittedly an afterthought for me considering I've considered the King as a more obvious option for a new Donkey Kong character and I want to play as the main antagonist before the third protagonist, but I really can't deny that she's perfectly Smash material thanks to her star power and the fact she was an important part of the DKC trilogy and I'd be happy if she becomes playable. I don't even think she needs to be a Diddy semi-clone, her ponytail gives her some options for moves with unique hitboxes and I imagine her slower, more powerful and slightly more floaty compared to him, and she has enough material for special moves as well.

#3: Wolf
I wasn't that much of a Wolf fan back in Brawl, but he admittedly didn't deserve to be cut considering his star power. I'd be glad to see Wolf back, and very confused if he doesn't return once support for Smash DLC ends.

And now characters I want with a passion:

#2: King K. Rool
Easily one of the most memorable Nintendo villains alongside the likes of Ganondorf, it's one of the first characters I thought about being a cool potential character addition after I unlocked everyone in Brawl, and the only one I didn't quickly dismiss as a stupid choice (I also considered at the time Dr. Lobe, Birdo, Dry Bones and Bowser Jr... though I'm glad SSB4 proven me that the later was far from a stupid choice). I wasn't very creative for movesets at the time, and the only move I managed to imagine for him was stomping with his foot and jumping thanks to the shockwave... (even in the air... lol) Many years later I saw how much of a big deal King K. Rool was for the Smash community, and while I always thought he could be a cool potential choice for a new character it was only until I realized he had much more potential rather than just being a typical heavyweight that I started to fully support him. I started to imagine a moveset for him, a moveset I always polished even further in my mind as long as time passed, and I think he'd fit a perfect niche at being to projectiles what Ganondorf is to melee fighting. I'm really excited about this character for both who he is and how his boss fights from the DKC series could translate into a Smash moveset, and I'm looking forward his inevitable reveal as a DLC newcomer.

#1: Tetrimino
Really the last third-party character Super Smash Bros. truly needs imo; no other one is even remotely comparable to a Tetris block when it comes to deserving a place in Smash Bros., Tetris has been so much influent on Nintendo that it is Smash material regardles of its third-party status, and it makes me sad that people tend to support third-party nobodies with "MUH MOVESET POTENTIAL" and dismiss this actual legacy character as a joke suggestion. A fighter who would be able to take the shape of all seven iconic Tetris pieces and with a moveset including stomping, headbutts, rotating, shaking its body, projecting its current shape, putting small Tetris pieces on the ground to complete lines and be rewarded by a powerful attack like an explosion, summoning a stair of Tetris blocks under it as a recovery, fast drop mechanic as a down aerial, you have no excuse to say "no moveset potential". You just have to give it cartoony eyes and tiny arms to make it a viable fighter.

Last edited:

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
1. K. Rool
2. Isaac
3. Wolf
4. Bomberman
5. Bandana Dee
6. Chibi-Robo
7. Dixie Kong
8. Impa
9. Toad
10. Inkling

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Well... this is not exactly a Top, but has some of my favorite choices to Smash.

1.- King K. Rool (Donkey Kong). Mostly because he is actually a Nintendo All-Star, but I see in him A LOT of potential, a looks so funny xD

2.- Bandana Waddle Dee (Kirby). A Kirby character, one of my favorites Franchise ever, with potential to be a very fun and original character (ironic, because he is a Waddle Dee with a Bandana xD).

3.- Wolf (Star Fox). Is a veteran... And actually one that I like to use again. I need to make that this top was to least a Top 5... so, I put him because reasons.

And now I will say the characters that I REALLY WANT... Really really want to see in Smash.

4.- Roy (Fire Emblem). A lord of one of my favorites Fire Emblem Games. He is a veteran that fights like Marth, a character that I also like to use, but Roy is more in my style. Roy is a very cool guy in the games as extra :p

5.- Micaiah (Fire Emblem). "What? Do you really want another character from a overrepresented franchise instead that superior and most iconic options like King K. Rool?" Eh... Yeah! She has a cool design, different to the other Fire Emblem's chars, I love magic users, and she is my favorite choice.

Other characters that I could like to see: Ayumi Tachibana, Mii Mage, etc.
With Roy's confirmation I need update this and make an actual Top

8.- Wolf
7.- Pichu
6.- Snake
5.- Ashley
4.- King K. Rool
3.- Adeleine (Kirby)
2.- Bandana Waddle Dee
1.- Micaiah (Fire Emblem)

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
10. Krystal - It's about time Star Fox gets a character that doesn't have a Blaster/Deflector moveset. With Krystal being the most different character in the series and debuting from Adventures, which featured staff/magic combat, she'd be the best candidate for uniqueness.

9. Simon Belmont - Smash Bros needs Castlevania content, but, of course, not before we get Snake back. I'd love to have the music and a stage accompany him.

8. John Raimi - Nintendo's underrated shooter Geist was a hidden gem on the gamecube. It'd be nice to see it get some sort of recognition, I'd even settle for a trophy. Should Raimi be playable, some sort of ability to posses opponents is a must.

7. Dr. Eggman - The Sonic series, despite being third party, is incredibly iconic and it feels wrong to have Sonic as the only character in the game. Eggman would have all kinds of neat gadgets and gear aid him in battle.

6. Wonder Red - Wonderful 101 was a hilariously fun experience. I could see him having some sort of gimmick revolving around gaining up units as the match progresses to improve his unite abilities.

5. Inkling - I'm more in the belief that this will be a Smash Bros 5 newcomer than DLC, but it would be great to see. I think Inkling would be cool to have a sort of stage coverage mechanic in which the ink shot about would cover walls and floors and be used to Inkling's advantage. It may be too complex for DLC, which is why I see this one making it in Smash Bros 5.

4. Henry Flemming - His steam management mechanic would translate to an interesting character. Players could use a little steam/ammo for quick hits or save up for large damage or killing blows. It's too bad his game flopped, it was pretty fun.

3. Uniracer - Thank to the Pixar lawsuit, this "character" is, for the most part, lost to time. But back in the game, it was Nintendo's answer to Sonic's speed. It would have been hilarious to see Mario and Link take on a living unicycle, and it could have some sort of speed/momentum gimmick that'd set it apart from others. Sadly, this one will never be.

2. Ice Climbers - No doubt one of the most unique characters to grace the series, I would love to have them as DLC but Sakurai just can't overcome the 3DS limitations. They will be missed.

1. Snake - He was the most fun character I have ever experienced in Smash Bros. His trap-based abilities lead to some interesting strategies and his explosive nature brought about lots of chaotic fun in Free For All matches. It's a shame he's not included so far, but I hope DLC will fix that.

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
Okay so here's mine.

10: Kraid (Metroid) Because we need a classic Metroid villain and since Ridley's already a boss, I would prefer Kraid. (Even though to this day I can't beat him in Metroid)

9: Isaac (Golden Sun) So I've never even played Golden Sun, but I'm a supporter of his appearance because he's not an assist trophy any more, and he's got a cool design.

8: Mr. AR (Augmented Reality Games) I'll admit, I wanted him in before the game was officially announced. check my OLD Miiverse posts for his moveset.

7: Excitebiker (Excite) Same as above, I wanted him in early on, but I think he'd be more unique. So, yeah that's it.

6: Tetris (Tetris) I've seen some ideas for this character, but I think you play as the stickman from Tower Climber in Tetris: Axis, and he utilizes the tetriminos to attack. Like I for a sword, R for a gun, etc.

5: Henry (Code Name S.T.E.A.M.) I think this is the best shooter of the year, I prefer it to Splatoon. I think Henry could have a moveset stemming from Snake's so that people can still enjoy it, but with different specials, and a Steam mechanic. (which I can't figure out honestly)

4: Qbby (Boxboy) I got this idea from playing as Mr. Game & Watch after playing Boxboy. I think as a flat character, he could bring an atmosphere to the game similar to G&W's, but using blocks to attack. I have a good moveset idea, but it's a bit extreme for a top 10 list. All else I can say of him is he can Wall Cling.

3: Chibi Robo (Chibi Robo) Honestly I want him in because of how epic Zip-Lash looks. But he would be a good character and I've played Photo Finder quite a lot more than I thought I would. (got it free a few months back)

2: Zant (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess) Favorite Zelda villain, (third favorite Zelda character overall) and he brings an awesome presence to Hyrule Warriors, (a game I have yet to play) but even though we have a lot of Zelda characters, I think we need a villain to bring an actual Zelda moveset to Smash, since getting a unique Ganondorf is obviously not gonna happen.

1: Bandana Dee (Kirby Super Star) That is his actual first appearance. But anyway, here's an example of how much I want this character in Smash: I'll cry if he's not in. Not joking. He'd bring something new to Smash! Unless he's a Meta knight Semi-Clone, but he uses a spear, so he'd have a tipper hit-box like Marth. Plus, his moveset in mostly already in KRTDL. And his down AIR would be the spear drop, not down B. That can be based on the Scope Shot minigame from KRTDL. I have an entire moveset, and it's epic. I just could go on for a while on how much I want him in (and I have, I think my brother was bored) but I think you get the idea already.

So yay.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
For this game? The Ice Climbers and Shantae in a distant second are predominately all I care about for SSB4 DLC anymore. Everyone else I can just wait until the next game for, especially since three of my top 5 (Waluigi, Ashley, and Takamaru) are already assist trophies anyways.

@StaffofSmashing Magnus woields a sword and everyone knows it. dont even try to hide it :p

I dont even have 10 . . .

7. Captain Toad- Like a regular toad but cooler.

6. Dixie Kong- I honestly dont have a reason. I just like her

5. Rayman - I love the Rayman games and he could be so unique. Curse you artsy omni for getting my hopes up.

4.Wonder Red- moveset potential is absurd. Also he is basically Viewtiful Joe but not. Wonderful 101 is also one of my favorite games ever. top 5 at least

3. Viewtiful Joe - The red hot hero. I fell in love with the character years ago without even playing the second game. I supported Wonder Red for months without even playing W101 because he reminded me of Joe. It turns out that's the point but now I want both for their own merits. Or at least a new VJ game :(

2. Ridley- stupid pyrosphere.

1. Viridi- My favorite character from my favorite game ever. just click this. She also has moveset potential but It isnt exactly the greatest
http://smashboards.com/threads/viridi-wants-your-pity-votes-in-the-smash-poll.382516/
I suppose ill update mine.
I actually have 10 now

10. Lyn
I havent even played FE7 all the way . all ive really played is her story. and Jeez she is fun and i would love to see a bif faster swordplay.

9. Midna
This one sis just from how unique midna is and how fun she is in hyrule warriors even though smash will likely never take anything from it.

8. Captain Toad
why isnt a toad playable yet anyway :/ Id would take any toad (yes you too toadsworth) but he captain just seems like the best choice other than Toad with a captain alt but I think that would be its own problem

7. Rayman
Rayman was pretty much the the only 3rd party I wanted other than Pac-man pre-release. I still want him

6. Inklings
Man these little squid kids could be so unique it sint even funny. I just hope they stay strong for Smash 5.

5. Dixie Kong
Dixie is easily my favorite Donkey Kong character and I would love to see what could be done with that hair in a moveset. plenty of people have shown off rally cool stuff already but I want to see the real deal.

4. Edea Lee
From Square Enix's Bravely Default. I'll let every Job she can take moves from speak for itself as a reaon why I want her.
Monk
White Mage

Black Mage

Knight

Thief

Merchant

Spell Fencer

Time Mage
Ranger

Summoner

Valkyrie

Red Mage

Pirate

Salve-Maker

Performer

Swordmaster

Ninja
Arcanist

Spiritmaster

Templar

Vampire

Dark Knight

Conjurer

and yes that is the black and white mage in there :p While Agnes is the more important character and is the face of the series Edea is my favorite of the 4 playable characters (with agnes being my LEAST favorite)

3. Wonder Red
Wonderful 101 is probably my 3rd favorite game ever. Imagine a super her defeating aliens by beating/slashing/whipping/ shooting enemies. . .with OTHER superheroes. that means human ammunition :p it's fantastic.

2. Ridley
Ive been with the rildey community pretty much sinc i joined the boards. I may have left that community but I still want this purple space dragon. see you next mission Smash :/

1. Viridi
My favorite character from my favorite game ever. just click this. She has moveset potential form her scythe, nature powers, Viridi claws, the viridi palm, and maybe other commanders/forces of nature.
http://smashboards.com/threads/viridi-wants-your-pity-votes-in-the-smash-poll.382516/

NNID
Majorasmask66
I suppose ill update mine.
I actually have 10 now

10. Lyn
I havent even played FE7 all the way . all ive really played is her story. and Jeez she is fun and i would love to see a bif faster swordplay.

9. Midna
This one sis just from how unique midna is and how fun she is in hyrule warriors even though smash will likely never take anything from it.

8. Captain Toad
why isnt a toad playable yet anyway :/ Id would take any toad (yes you too toadsworth) but he captain just seems like the best choice other than Toad with a captain alt but I think that would be its own problem

7. Rayman
Rayman was pretty much the the only 3rd party I wanted other than Pac-man pre-release. I still want him

6. Inklings
Man these little squid kids could be so unique it sint even funny. I just hope they stay strong for Smash 5.

5. Dixie Kong
Dixie is easily my favorite Donkey Kong character and I would love to see what could be done with that hair in a moveset. plenty of people have shown off rally cool stuff already but I want to see the real deal.

4. Edea Lee
From Square Enix's Bravely Default. I'll let every Job she can take moves from speak for itself as a reaon why I want her.
Monk
White Mage

Black Mage

Knight

Thief

Merchant

Spell Fencer

Time Mage
Ranger

Summoner

Valkyrie

Red Mage

Pirate

Salve-Maker

Performer

Swordmaster

Ninja
Arcanist

Spiritmaster

Templar

Vampire

Dark Knight

Conjurer

and yes that is the black and white mage in there :p While Agnes is the more important character and is the face of the series Edea is my favorite of the 4 playable characters (with agnes being my LEAST favorite)

3. Wonder Red
Wonderful 101 is probably my 3rd favorite game ever. Imagine a super her defeating aliens by beating/slashing/whipping/ shooting enemies. . .with OTHER superheroes. that means human ammunition :p it's fantastic.

2. Ridley
Ive been with the rildey community pretty much sinc i joined the boards. I may have left that community but I still want this purple space dragon. see you next mission Smash :/

1. Hades
My favorite character from my favorite game ever. just click this. She has moveset potential form her scythe, nature powers, Viridi claws, the viridi palm, and maybe other commanders/forces of nature.
Random comment. Don't you just hate that spoiler tag glitch where the first colored word or line becomes separate from the rest of them just cause.

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
10. Zero(Megaman X)
9. Shantae
8. Waluigi
7. Bandanna Dee
6. Patricia Wagon
5. Blastoise
4. Inkling
3. X(Megaman X)
2. Snake
1. Wolf

Personally, I can live without the bottom 6. If any of the top 4 I listed got in, my head would explode.

Last edited:

Cool Typhlosion

Smash Apprentice
10: :pt: : Just give him stuff from the games ( Bike for a side B . Rod for a grab etc )

9 INKLING: Insane moveset and alt potential

8 : :popo: : Remove nana and change up b to a condor. Simple as that

7: BANDANA DEE: We don't have a spear user. Also they could modify kirbys model and hitboxs so they don't need to work from scratch

6:GROVYLE: We need more PMD and we need more Grass types. Win win situation

5: PAPER MARIO : Has good moveset potential from Hammers, Partners , Pixels, and ( Unfortanally ) Stickers

4 : MARX/ MAGALOR. they both could use a near identical moveset and Marx benefits from what I said about Bandanna Dee

3 : MAXWELL : what I said about Inkling. Then multiply by 20. Only problem is being 3rd party.

2: NINTEN : The last of the Mother trio. And could have a very different moveset from Ness and Lucas, Due to lacking offensive PSI

1: KAMEK!!!!!!!!!!!! : A villain , A new Yoshi series character, And a Projectile based character all in 1 convinient bundle

Top Bottom