• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top 10 Most Wanted Characters for DLC in Smash 4

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
1. Medusa
I know, I know—Kid Icarus already has too much representation. I agree. I don't even care for the series so much. But getting a villain + a female at once (and our first character that's both) is just something I need.

2. Ganon
Not Ganondorf revamped. I want Moblin-pig king version from the handheld games. That way, we can keep Ganondorf and get another hulking evil demon creature. Hell yes.

3. King K. Rool
Because of course.

4. Impa (Hyrule Warriors version)
I'm hoping with naginata, but sword is cool, too.

5. Dry Bowser (as non-revamped Bowser)
I loved Bowser so much pre-SSB4. He was my favorite character, by far. He was weird and vicious. Claws and headbutts and shells. Now he's a pro-wrestler with a drop kick (but represents the series well, I think.) Still, I miss loving Bowser as much as I did. Someone else had the idea to put him back in as Dry Bowser, and that'd be the greatest thing ever.

6. Korra (from The Legend of Korra)
I'm not really going to bother voting for this because she's only a videogame character on other platforms at this point, but (sigh) I miss Avatar and wish—more than anyone else—that Korra could be in.

That's all I got for now.

EDIT: Toad. Robotnik. Can't believe they slipped my mind.

Also: Chibi Robo. Captain Rainbow.

Last edited:

Mishudo

Smash Journeyman
10. Paper Mario
9. Skull Kid
8. Takamaru
7. Wolf
6. King K Rool
5. Inkling
4. Saki
3. Ray MK
2. Wonder Red
1. Isaac

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
10.) Alex <Eternal Darkness> - Let me be honest, i'd be WAY MORE hyped for a stage from Eternal Darkness than any character they'd use, but that doesn't mean I think Alex wouldn't be original. She has her magick, plus all of the melee weapons you can pick up <not counting all the guns you can use due to Nintendo's "no real-life firearms" policy>. There's also a chance of the Sanity effects coming into play with her Final Smash. Beyond the gameplay potential, there'd be even more hilarity from realistic characters interacting with all the heavily-stylized and cartoonish characters and environments, especially a universe as dark <:troll:> and family unfriendly as Eternal Darkness'.

9.) Robot C.H.O. <Rakugakids> - Before you jump on this pick with cries of "He'd just be a R.O.B. clone.", C.H.O can't help BUT be original, as his fighting game origins means he already has a full moveset to base Smash Bros. attacks from! In his game, he's the resident heavy, slow grappler who has command throws with very high damage output. While there ARE characters with command throws in Smash Bros., DK's the only one that takes pains to emphasize grappling in their moveset itself rather than the players base strategies around the one, due to his rather versatile and mobile Forward Throw. C.H.O. could have multiple command grabs with their own utility each, not to mention the normal moves of his that can be transplanted as well as the ability to turn into a train for a rush attack.

8.) Paper Mario - The lovechild of Mario and Mr. Game & Watch? I THINK NOT! He could borrow a page from Super Smash Flash 2's Black Mage and offer different effects between a fully charging and not charging a Smash Attack <for example, if Paper just does a regular Forward Smash, he swings his hammer down like normal, but charging the Smash all the way lets him use his Hammer Throw technique, making the hammer a projectile like Mega Man's Forward Smash.> He could also have specials that require precise button presses and holds like his home game, and many upon MANY options for specials, customs and a Final Smash. There's also the matter of having a Paper Mario stage on the 3DS without the main man himself.

7.) Snake <Metal Gear> - To be honest, Snake's here more for the "no vet left behind" bandwagon effect than any personal connection to him or Metal Gear. That said, I DO like his moveset, and the new rule of everyone needing extra outfits for 8P Mode means he could get a model-swap costume like others.

6.) Groose <Zelda> - There's a reason it's called The Legend of Groose, after all! :troll: But seriously, I've always envisioned him as the opposite of Little Mac; Terrible, worse-than-Jiggz ground game, but his first jump mounts him onto his Loftwing, giving him an insane air game. Divebombs, multiple jumps, near-perfect aerial recovery, the works. Obviously, you can't just base his entire moveset on just the Loftwing, so maybe he can get a few of Link's non-Beetle weapons from Skyward Sword, and you can't have Groose without the Groosenator as the Final Smash.

5.) Pichu <Pokémon> - YES, REALLY! I main Pichu in Melee, not as a sign of disrespect or anything like that involving his weaknesses, but because I legitimately like Pichu more than Pikachu both for his gameplay variances and as a Pokémon. At the risk of him being just as underskilled as before, I want to see one of my favorite Pokémon back in the ring.

4.) Kumatora <MOTHER/EarthBound> - With both Ness and Lucas being more projectile heavy in their PSI, Kuma can be the rep that uses more unique powers; PK Ground, Hypnosis, Brainshock, Offense/Defense Down, and Paralysis are all the special moves she can use that hasn't already been borrowed by either boy, plus she could even borrow some moves herself like PSI Counter, Healing, Refresh, Shield and PSI Shield, etc.

3.) Tyrantrum <Pokémon> - Yes, we have Greninja already for Gen 6 representation, but this guy is the boss! The newcomers this time are lacking in larger, heavier characters, and Tyrantrum is larger, heavier and quite awesome.

2.) Neku <The World Ends With You> - Powers with graffiti-based visuals, 3 different partners for potential helper attacks, the first 3rd Party to primarily represent handhelds, and said graffiti powers leading to unique and quirky movesets and passive abilities? SIGN ME UP! Plus, think of the WEWY stage he could come with, not to mention potential WEWY song remixes...<swoon!>

1.) Andy <Advance Wars> - Tanks, planes and submarines, oh my! Andy's role as a modern military tactician could lead him to a more calculating moveset than even Ness, Rosalina and Robin, with using or summoning vehicles, his CO Power of healing units, and so on! in addition, Nintendo Wars is one of the last few series from the NES that survived into the modern era with new games yet lack a playable Smash Bros. representative, so it's time to bring Andy in.

n8han11

Smash Journeyman
I voted for characters I believe actually have a chance as DLC:

Wolf (Fan favorite from Brawl.)
Bandana Dee (4th main character from Kirby.)
King K. Rool (Kremlings appear in Smash Run.)
Sceptile (Completes the Pokemon Fire-Water-Grass chain.)
Inkling (Can advertise the upcoming Splatoon.)
Impa (Only recurring Zelda character to have a role besides Link, Zelda and Ganon.)
Tails (Sega's most likely choice for a second representative.)
Black Shadow (Can take Ganondorf's Falcondorf moveset.)
Ganondorf (Gets a new, more faithful moveset.)
Rayman (Rayman content is already in Smash 4.)

The Smashor

Smash Cadet
Now, vetrain charecters for me are the ones I want most. 1.:snake: 2. :popo: 3.:wolf: 4.:roypm: 5.:ivysaur: 6.:squirtle: 7.:younglinkmelee: you get it. now for the newcomer list!!!!!!!! FYI, even if they are AT or pokeball, they can be on this list. I don't care.

10: :151:MEW:151:
I can't wait for the hate i'm gonna get for this. He is a cute pokemon that needs to be in. Imagine GANONDORF being beat up by this. His final smash could be turning into arceus and attacking.

9: Daisy
She is a cool girl, and :4peach: needs a partner. She could use plants to attack.

8: Waluigi!!!
I want him. Your arguement is invalid.

7: Bandana Dee
Everyone has partners. :4bowser:/:4bowserjr:, :4megaman:/:4sonic:, :4mario:/:4luigi:, :4pit:/:4darkpit:,:4dk:/:4diddy:,:4gaw:/:4duckhunt:,:4fox:/:4falco:. you get it. What about :4dedede:?

This isn't over. I just need to leave now. Sorry.

ODonsky

Smash Rookie
While most everyone is against more Mario and Pokémon representation, those are the most popular, and my personal favorite franchises ever, so most of my top ten are from those franchises.

10. Psyduck: Pikachu is as popular and relevant as it is today because of the anime; same thing goes for Psyduck. While not as relevant as Pikachu, it was more prominent in the anime than Jigglypuff was, and arguably more famous. Everyone remembers Misty's frustration with her seemingly useless Psyduck, but as we all know, Psyduck can actually be very powerful. A moveset that utilizes both its psychic powers from the anime and the Water-type attacks from the games could be very unique and fun.

9. King K. Rool: We need more Donkey Kong representation, more villains, and more heavyweights. King K. Rool is perfect for that. The only thing that could go wrong with this is if the voice actor from the Donkey Kong Country TV show reprises his role for Smash. King K. Rool has the popularity, the history, and the moveset potential to make a great character in Smash.

8. Petey Piranha: Another heavyweight character, but one that is not nearly as popular a suggestion. Use the size we see from Mario Super Sluggers, and give him some moves derived from his appearance in Super Mario Sunshine, and bingo, we have ourselves a great fighter for Smash.

7. Primid: These minions from Brawl's "Subspace Emissary" have already displayed fantastic moveset potential in their one-and-only appearance. The abilities of the many different types of Primids could all be utilized by a generic Primid; similar to how Mr. Game & Watch's moveset is derived from several unrelated "characters". There are Sword Primids, Fire Primids, and even ones equipped with boomerangs. This could be a very diverse and fun moveset to play with.

6. Koopa Troopa: Just like the Primid, the Koopa Troopa is a weak minion character. Unlike the Primid though, the Koopa Troopa is one of the most famous and recognizable video-game enemies of all time. I think that this immense fame grants it the right to be a Smash Bros character, and while its moveset would likely be relatively simple, that doesn't mean it wouldn't be an incredibly fun character to play as.

5. Waluigi: We have Mario, Luigi, Wario, and...? How has Waluigi been absented again? Everyone knows him, granted not everyone likes him, but I think for most of us we've either always liked him or he's grown on us. And yes, I know that he's already an Assist Trophy, but I'm sure they can make a patch that would remove him as one. He's been an important part of the Mario franchise (albeit not the main series games but Mario Kart and Mario Sports games count for something) for far too long to not be on the Smash Bros roster.

4. Bulbasaur: It's Pokémon #1. It's one of Ash's first and favorite. Everyone who knows anything about Nintendo beyond Mario, Pikachu, and Link has at least heard of Bulbasaur, and for most of us Bulbasaur was a part of our childhood. Many millions of people can say that Bulbasaur was their first Pokémon ever, and thus, Bulbasaur is an icon known globally. If Greninja and Lucario get to make the roster, cutting Bulbasaur is just ridiculous. Also by Bulbasaur (as a Smash character) I mean Brawl's Ivysaur's moveset on a Bulbasaur, because why Ivysaur? It's so unimportant when compared to Bulbasaur.

3. Squirtle: Same reasons as above, and it was in Brawl.

2. Pichu: If Pichu weren't in Melee, it would probably be as obscure a choice as Psyduck, but because it was in Melee I think it should be brought back. I also feel this way for Wolf and Ice Climbers, which are in my top 20. Pichu would also be very easy to make because it's a clone. Sakurai said himself that making Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, and Lucina was relatively easy and quick, so Pichu should definitely make a return.

1. Goomba: First I must clarify that I am not trolling. Goomba is almost certainly THE MOST FAMOUS ENEMY IN VIDEO-GAME HISTORY. Everyone knows what a Goomba is, the weak little mushroom thing in Mario. If any character from the Mario franchise deserves a spot on the roster, I think it's Goomba. How fun would it be to play as the pathetic little mushroom-thing against Bowser and Mario and win? It would be awesome! Its Up Special could be it turning into a Paragoomba, and its down special could be a stomp in a Kuribo's Shoe! Beyond that its moveset would probably have to be fairly basic, but still. It deserves a spot, it would be perfect.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Updated OP results list...no changes in the placings...

10. Dixie Kong-30*
9. Banjo & Kazooie-32**
8. Roy-33***
7. Bandanna Dee-34****
6. Snake-36**
5. Inkling-40
4. Wolf-50***
3. Isaac-60****
2. Ridley-60*********
1. King K Rool-83********

*note: @ The Smashor The Smashor I didn't count yours since you said you weren't finished, also please try to make just one list...just for the sake of accuracy...

Last edited:
NNID
Majorasmask66
This won't include characters that are assist trophies in Smash 4 or boss characters

10. Wolf
9. Henry Fleming
8. Bandanna Dee
7. Simon Belmont
6. Mach Rider
5. Isaac
4. King K. Rool
3. Plasm Wraith
2. Wonder Red
1. Hades

Last edited:

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
Today I've imagined Sm4sh having these 10 DLC characters.

1. Mewtwo (already released)
2. Lucas (already revealed)
3. Roy
4. Ryu
5. Wolf
6. Ice Climbers (This time, they won't be separated from each other but will be nerfed to balance it out)
7. King K. Rool
8. Dixie Kong
9. Isaac
10. Ayumi (from the Famicom Detective series)

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Today I've imagined Sm4sh having these 10 DLC characters.

1. Mewtwo (already released)
2. Lucas (already revealed)
3. Roy
4. Ryu
5. Wolf
6. Ice Climbers (This time, they won't be separated from each other but will be nerfed to balance it out)
7. King K. Rool
8. Dixie Kong
9. Isaac
10. Ayumi (from the Famicom Detective series)
Are these actually the characters you most wanted or characters you believe have the best chances? I'm sure there are other threads that are better suited to talking about character's chances...

StormC

Smash Hero
Originally I was going to make a super self-indulgent Dream Team roster list, but thought that would be kinda boring for others to read. Plus when I like to fantasize, fantasies that are within reality are more exciting than ones that will never happen. Like others, Smash inclusions that are reasonable and make lots of fans happy are inclusions that make me happy as well. So with that in mind, I've picked my top ten DLC choices, who with two exceptions, are all from Nintendo, and don't already have a role in Smash 4.

I've also added some honorable mentions since the initial version of this post.

So without further ado...

DLC WISHLIST

Impa (Legend Of Zelda)

Impa is cool. She's not the greatest character ever, but I liked her a lot in Skyward Sword and think she has enough tools between multiple games to work, in addition to the whole "ninja" gameplay niche being touched upon only by Sheik and Greninja. It would be neat to have a dark-skinned female fighter amongst the ranks too, as the current roster is quite pale-skinned (quite literally in Wii Fit Trainer's case).

Tails (Sonic The Hedgehog)

At this point, there aren't really any more third party series or characters I feel warrant representation - certainly not ones that could stand shoulder to shoulder to the likes of Street Fighter and Ryu - and although I don't necessarily want third party series to get their entire casts added like Nintendo series, I do think Tails would be a great addition. Unlike a lot of secondary Mega Man characters like Protoman and Bass, Tails is also a hugely iconic, famous video game character, and really makes the most sense to pair Sonic with, compared to Knuckles or Eggman. He could very easily be a semi-clone of Sonic, with more emphasis on air attacks and his tails. Plus, the idea of matchups such as Mario/Luigi vs. Sonic/Tails is incredibly appealing.

Porky Minch (MOTHER)

Although Bowser Jr. was fantastic for giving us the overdue mech-user in Smash, Porky is a character I'd be thrilled to see. As one of the few characters in all of the MOTHER series to be in more than one game (and being a primary antagonist in both of them), he definitely has priority above pretty much any other MOTHER character. I don't think a whole lot needs to be said; he'd be a villain representing a series with one character and one semi-clone, with a fighting style close to only another previous character, plus, he's just a great character in general.

Gengar (Pokemon)

Zoroark and Sceptile are cool Pokemon for sure - but the former is a Pokeball Pokemon with the main unique trait it has to offer (Illusion) being highly impractical in Smash, and Sceptile doesn't really have anything unique to offer as a Pokemon rep besides "Grass starter from a recent game." One thing I've always liked about the Pokemon choices in Smash is that except for Melee with Pichu, every Pokemon within a Smash game has unique typing; not even dual types are shared. Gengar would continue this trend, being our first Ghost type fighter, in addition to being one of my favorite Pokemon and one of the most popular ever. When it comes to moveset potential, the sky is really the limit here, and it's got a Mega-Evolution to boot ready to go for a Final Smash. With being recently confirmed for Pokken, it would be great to have it as a double whammy fighter announcement - but naturally, with Mewtwo just being revealed, I have no expectations of it entering. Still, 5mash is definitely a possibility.

Ganon (The Legend Of Zelda)

I was never quite sure how to handle Ganon(dorf) in Smash. Give the Falcondorf moveset to Black Shadow? Add Toon Ganondorf? But Ganon is, by far, the best solution. Not only does it complete a second Triforce in the Zelda roster, he's also from a different era; whereas we have the Twilight Princess Triforce and Toon and OOT games represented, Ganon perfectly represents the sprite-based, original entries (and offshoots of those). It would finally give us a unique Ganon moveset without having to take away the Falcondorf moveset, give us another villain, another heavyweight, and finally round out the Zelda cast perfectly. Can you imagine Bowser vs. Ganon vs. Dedede vs. K. Rool? People say there are already enough fat evil kings, but I say bring 'em all on.

Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)

Along with Krystal, pretty much the only major female Nintendo protagonist that didn't get included in Smash 4. Clone, semi-clone, completely original, I'm open to it all - that said, I would definitely rather have K. Rool for many reasons, so it's hard to feel like she's anything but competition. Still, I love Dixie, and she definitely has more than earned her place on the Smash roster by this point. In a more perfect world, she'd already be in the game proper and we could still rally for K. Rool as DLC. As a big Donkey Kong fan, I'd be over the moon to see them both in a Smash game someday.

Bandana Dee (Kirby)

I used to sort of disregard this little guy as just glorified character filler from RTDL, but seeing his prominence in recent games has definitely made me second guess this assessment. Spending time in his thread and going back to re-evaluate his individual roles and gameplay potential has made me a full blown BDee supporter. Being a small character with a ranged weapon (one never seen before in Smash) would give a very unique gameplay niche, and he's adorable to boot, allowing for amusing scenarios to play out during fight scenes. He's very much the face of modern Kirby and would complete the main cast, and as a huge Kirby fan, I say make it happen!

Wolf (Star Fox)

I'm not a big Star Fox fan; I enjoy 64 (and Wolf is a fun character there), but the rest of the series has never really done much for me. However, I loved him in Brawl, and played as him more than any other character. His feral, rough moves were great, and his design in that game was superb. Despite the Landmaster Final Smash (something that I would like to see fixed but not counting on), he's probably the most different semi-clone in the series. An easy port over from Brawl by all accounts, there's no real good reason to not bring Wolf back as DLC - and yes, this means more villains on the roster, something that seems to be a trend with this wishlist. Of course, the biggest baddie is yet to come...

Snake (Metal Gear)

Initially I was pretty opposed to Snake's inclusion in Brawl. I wasn't hot on third parties to begin with and saw Snake as this weird military shooter character that had no real business being in Smash. But once the game came out, not only did he have an amazingly inventive, creative moveset, with all of the charm present in Shadow Moses Island, I was instantly won over. Not only that, his inclusion got me into the Metal Gear franchise, eventually discovering Metal Gear Solid as my all-time favorite game. Although my expectations aren't very high that he will return, I'd be absolutely ecstatic to see him again - more than any newcomer Smash 4's DLC could offer at this point. Except for...

K. Rool (Donkey Kong)

Here's all the reason you need why K. Rool should be in. There's also very much a "kill two birds with one stone" mentality here, as this will certainly guarantee his return to the DKC series proper. No character inclusion in all of Smash history would make me happier than seeing him be announced as DLC for Super Smash Bros. For Nintendo 3DS And Wii U.

HONORABLE MENTIONS

Isaac (Golden Sun)

Not a big Golden Sun fan, but as a diehard K. Rool supporter I feel like we're sort of in this together. His fans are worthy of tons of respect and I think he'd be a very fun character to play as. He'd be another great grassroots movement realized. Let's make this a reality!

Dark Matter (Kirby)

Similar to villains like Dark Samus, Dark Matter is in a weird gray area where he has a history with the series, but hasn't been put in a sizeable role in a long time. However, like them, his obscurity combined with his importance makes him a surprising but intriguing pick; he'd perfectly represent the darker final bosses Kirby is (in)famous for. With the sword form as a base and techniques from all boss battles, he'd definitely be unique as a "hivemind" kind of villain, and is arguably the most iconic Kirby boss after Dedede and Meta Knight (sorry Whispy Woods and Kracko) while also being extremely different from those two.

That said, the fact that his sword form only inconsistently shows up is an issue, and Bandana Dee deserves it more in my mind. But he'd be a great surprise entry for 5mash.

Chibi-Robo (Chibi-Robo)

I used to write off Chibi-Robo as a forgotten Nintendo character, but the upcoming 3DS game has gotten me interested in the character, along with the great Amiibo. I've never played one of his games, but I'm definitely keeping an eye on the 3DS game and think he'd stand out as potentially the smallest fighter in the game with his fantastic and adorable design to boot.

Like Isaac, lack of overall familiarity knocks him down, but his fans have my blessing.

Cranky Kong (Donkey Kong)

I love the Donkey Kong series, you guys. Couldn't you tell?

Cranky is regarded as a joke in many corners of the Internet, but he's by far the most logical choice for a fifth Donkey Kong character. Like Rosalina, he's a prominent NPC who recently became playable in a platformer, but he's also got a rich history with the series; he's been in every DK game besides Jungle Beat, including the original arcade game! As the original Donkey Kong, he is definitely a superstar in his own right - not to mention he'd be our first senior citizen fighter, Ganondorf's alt aside.

His cane gives him several unique options as is, but when you combine it with the mad scientist seen in Donkey Kong 64 and the arcade games, there's a fighter that could be among the wackiest and wildest.

That said, we are looking at potentially two DK characters as is from DLC; Cranky would be excessive at this point in time, but nonetheless a perfect choice for 5mash.

Zero (Mega Man)

As I said earlier, we're pretty much at the point where the well for big third party names is almost dry; and although Zero isn't as big of a name as Tails, he's definitely the best choice for a second Mega Man character, as he's more prominent and unique than either Protoman or Bass (and arguably more prominent than even X himself, having his own subseries on the GBA - of course, we all know he was the original X character design). Then you have Wily, and although he'd be great as another mech-based fighter, he lacks Zero's ability to effectively represent two subseries and the secondary characters throughout all of Mega Man.

Zero's mix of futuristic sword/gunplay and special techniques would translate perfectly to Smash for a fresh, intense fighting style and his 20+ year history definitely cements him as a video game icon, with an entire tetralogy exclusive to Nintendo consoles to boot.

So why wait? With Mega Man as a new franchise and Ryu joining the fight as well, I'd rather hold off on more Capcom for now. Zero could certainly be a showstopping reveal for 5mash though, make no mistake.

Hades & Medusa (Kid Icarus)

As a big fan of Uprising, I can't help but feel the game got much more than it warranted in representation. Still, Hades is my favorite Nintendo villain easily, if not my favorite video game villain, period. Although his potential moveset is a bit of an enigma, he would definitely stand out on the battlefield in visuals, and to hear Scott Bullock return to the role would be fantastic.

Although Hades makes more of an impression during Uprising, I would also love Medusa, as she has a strong visual flair and presence all of her own (though if she ended up as a semi-clone of Palutena that wouldn't be the worst thing ever), and is the best candidate for the first female villain in Smash (sorry Wendy). Being from the first game too, she'd represent the overall series better than Hades. If either of them were added, that'd be fantastic...

...that said, Smash 4 has more than enough Kid Icarus content as it stands and the future of the series is uncertain. Additionally, both characters could probably use at least one more game to make their resumes Smash-worthy. If Kid Icarus gets more games and either or both appear again, you'll hear me be among the first to support these fallen gods for 5mash.

Well that was pretty fun.

Last edited:

Drason

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Coke
10. Ryu (Capcom)
Pretty much confirmed with the leaks
9. Rundas (Metroid)
More villains and Metroid reps
8. Daisy (Mario)
Would love for this sport queen to ave her time to shine
7. Shovel Knight
Do I even need to explain
6.Nightmare (Namco)
We need more villains and I would love another Namco rep since they DID help Sakurai develop the game
5.Chibi-Robo
I would love this little dude to be represented
4. Young Link (Legend of Zelda)
3. Silver the Hedgehog(Sonic)
The most pop. Sonic character from the new generation and would be a great addition
2. Knuckles the Echidna (Sonic)
The hard hitting rival to Sonic who will be an awesome addition to Smash
1. Roy (Fire Emblem)
This dude was my main in Melee, he introduced me to Fire Emblem, I want to see him return

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
I'm going to put up my top ten in no particular order. Is that okay? I can't really space them out by my least to best. I like them all ^_^ .

10. Banjo & Kazooie - Phil Spencer said he wants it to happen, they would NOT be a DH clone, and having them in Smash would improve Nintendo/Microsoft relations, and give Microsoft incentive to do more with the bird and bear. (On Nintendo consoles, hopefully.)

9. King K. Rool - This big bad gator who's DKs answer to Bowser is long overdue. He could be a fast heavyweight with a good projectile and trap game, Like Bowser Jr., with the downside being less power when it comes to throwing his weight around. K. Rool has crowns, heli packs, boxing training, and even a blunderbuss that could make up 90% of his moveset, if the Smash team so chose to do so, to use as a moveset.

8. Inkling - This character should and probably will be reserved for 5mash. If the squid kids were put into Smash 4, the ability to coat the stage platforms with ink would be a must have gameplay mechanic, but my beef with this would be that implementing this as DLC would make for a huge patch, and nobody wants a 6 mb DLC character. That said, Inklings are colorful, lightweight, and having them in Smash would be huge promotion for the child-like cephalopods. They could play like a lighter, more colorful version of Snake, maybe even using big explosive bombs, or their ink sniper rifles.

7. Captain N - This guy is an oddball, and I would respect if he never even had an homage in Smash. That said, I want him as a character. He could be like G&W where he stands an a rep for all of the lunacy that was 90s Nintendo cartoons. Give him a moveset with things like Warp portals, the almighty Nintendo glove, or maybe even help from princess Lana or his dog. His taunts could be homages too, like him saying "excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me, princess.". His music could be the old theme songs from Nintendo cartoons. I don't know about y'all, but I certainly would love Smashing to the Mario Bros super show rap, or DKCs classic "Hey! Ho! Lookout down below!". Captain N is a staple of Nintendo history, and I say he deserves a spot on the Smash roster.

6. Stunt FX car - Okay, I'll admit it, I acquired the love for this character from Andre from GameXPlain, but I love this idea. Stunt FX Racers was an obscure title for Nintendo, and I eat weird, obscure characters up. I love them. That said, in a fighting game where all the characters are either robots, humanoids, or animals, being a literal bike or car would certainly break that norm. They certainly would have to ad lib the moveset, but cars can do quite a bit. exhume gas like the devil cars from Earthbound, open the trunk or doors to smack people with them, stun people with your headlights, the possibilities are really open.

5. Ridley - Inb4 hate for this one. I think Ridley is viable for Smash. Somebody noted that Ridleys Super Metroid model would still be too big when compared to Samus in SM, but I think that SM Ridley should the the scale reference for his playability. He has a unique playstyle potential in that, while his abilities may not be too unique (fire, claws, flying, etc.) His cruel, angry nature gives him the ability to be particularly brutal with his attacks. He could do things like impale fighters with his tail (minus gore or a hole, of course.). A popular idea for a side smash has been a grapple where he literally grinds his opponents face and body across the ground as he flies across the stage, like in the metroid games. Ridley would be a welcome and viable character in my eyes.

4. Geno (♥♪!?) - This is another character that isn't too likely, but is a good character from Nintendos history, and what's more, he's my answer to Goku. He has many energy based projectiles, which can be used to make him a very zone based character, a fast firing Geno whirl could be a move, Geno beam could be a chargeable blast that travels across the whole stage. Even his Smashes could be weapons like his extra large bullets weapon. Geno would be a unique, zone based character that would carry enough lore and whimsy to differentiate him from characters like Megaman.

3. Captain Toad - This guy could be a cross between his Captain Toad appearance, and just using Mario game power ups and items that the rest of the cast don't already have covered. Toad could pull things out of his backpack and throw them, or he could attack with his pickaxe. He could also have moves based on notable power ups such as the cat suit, or a counter involving the double cherry. Though his backpack may be heavy, I also foresee Toad being a medium speed lightweight.

2. Chibi Robo - This guy would be fun to have as another shrimpy character to be a friend with Olimar. Chibi could use his cord, guns, and other weapons and extremities to attack his foes.

1. Professor Layton - This guy is probably a pipe dream of mine, but I still want it, and I never give up on characters. Many Prof. Layton fans thing he could only work as a sword user. I think this is simply not true. Prof. Layton has many gadgets and gizmos up his sleeves (hat?) that he could utilize. He has robot dogs, cameras, gliders for recoveries, his rapier (for tilts, smashes, and maybe a counter.), he could even use his apprentice Luke to bite the heels of those who dare hurt his dear professah. Layton would be a calm, collected gentleman that fights all his battles with an elegant, calm, and most of all, gentlemanly demeanor. After all, a gentleman never plays his ace in the hole unless absolutely necessary.

Last edited:

Impax

Smash Apprentice
10 is tough.
Typically I like the obscure characters. My desires typically follow this pattern [most to least] Retro character from unrepresented series, Character from newer unrepresented series, Obnoxious character I want to pummel, Favorite characters, underrepresented series, new villain.

10 Medusa (Kid Icarus)
- Breaking some of my rules here. The series is kind of over-represented as is. But Medusa looks pretty awesome and is a retro character. Sakurai could have a lot of fun coming up with a move set.

9) Style Savvy Gril (Style Savy)
Never played the series but a stylist just fits the crazyness of smash. Plus its a series that has no representation.

8 Birdo (Mario)

- King Boo and Birdo are the only mario characters I'm interested in having. Birdo is one of nintendos weirder characters which in itself makes her a fun character to have. The character could be a heavier version of Yoshi with a straight projectile.

7 Slippy (Star Fox)

-First off Star Fox (and F-Zero) are underrepresented at the moment. And while Krystal could be cool with her staff, Slippy is everyones favorite character to hate(much like duck hunt). Would be awesome to pummel Slippy. Slippy could also have some fun attacks between stretch body parts, crazy jumps and mechanic tools (not to mention the required blaster).

6 Monita (Nintendo land)
-Crazy obnoxious character that could represent the wii u for the series.

5 Sammy (Advanced wars)

-Famicon Wars, Advanced Wars, and Battalion wars. Despite all those games the most that has been had is an assist trophy. Sammy boosts female representation, while also looking the part of a fighter.

4) Captain Rainbow
-A quirkier cooler looking captain falcon. Maybe could even use some of the abilities of the queer characters from the title.

3) Ayumi Tachibana (Detective Club)
-Forgotten retro character from forgotten series. Sakurai could have a lot of fun with her abilities.

2) Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight)
-Crazy nintendo fighting series meet crazy nintendo fighting series. Would make for some really interesting abilities.

1) Mia (Golden Sun)
-While I would love to have Issac we already have two short boys( Ness + Lucas). Alongside Advanced Wars, and maybe Pilot wings or Wave race, I don't think there is another series that more deserves representation. A lot of fun can be had with the Djin in this series. And Mia gives us female representation. Could also be interesting to have a character that could heal herself. While theres a few others can (Pacman, Robin, WFT) for the most part its not significant enough to play a major role in the matches.

This was tough for me, theres a lot of characters I would like to have. Would love to see other unrepresented series make it in (Endless Ocean, Star Tropics, Wave Race) among so many other things. Alternatively, would love for sakurai to suprise us with some character no one had considered (like Ice Climbers and WFT),

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
10 is tough.
Typically I like the obscure characters. My desires typically follow this pattern [most to least] Retro character from unrepresented series, Character from newer unrepresented series, Obnoxious character I want to pummel, Favorite characters, underrepresented series, new villain.

10 Medusa (Kid Icarus)
- Breaking some of my rules here. The series is kind of over-represented as is. But Medusa looks pretty awesome and is a retro character. Sakurai could have a lot of fun coming up with a move set.

9) Style Savvy Gril (Style Savy)
Never played the series but a stylist just fits the crazyness of smash. Plus its a series that has no representation.
8 Birdo (Mario)
- King Boo and Birdo are the only mario characters I'm interested in having. Birdo is one of nintendos weirder characters which in itself makes her a fun character to have. The character could be a heavier version of Yoshi with a straight projectile.

7 Slippy (Star Fox)
-First off Star Fox (and F-Zero) are underrepresented at the moment. And while Krystal could be cool with her staff, Slippy is everyones favorite character to hate(much like duck hunt). Would be awesome to pummel Slippy. Slippy could also have some fun attacks between stretch body parts, crazy jumps and mechanic tools (not to mention the required blaster).

6 Monita (Nintendo land)
-Crazy obnoxious character that could represent the wii u for the series.
5 Sammy (Advanced wars)
-Famicon Wars, Advanced Wars, and Battalion wars. Despite all those games the most that has been had is an assist trophy. Sammy boosts female representation, while also looking the part of a fighter.

4) Captain Rainbow
-A quirkier cooler looking captain falcon. Maybe could even use some of the abilities of the queer characters from the title.

3) Ayumi Tachibana (Detective Club)
-Forgotten retro character from forgotten series. Sakurai could have a lot of fun with her abilities.

2) Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight)
-Crazy nintendo fighting series meet crazy nintendo fighting series. Would make for some really interesting abilities.

1) Mia (Golden Sun)
-While I would love to have Issac we already have two short boys( Ness + Lucas). Alongside Advanced Wars, and maybe Pilot wings or Wave race, I don't think there is another series that more deserves representation. A lot of fun can be had with the Djin in this series. And Mia gives us female representation. Could also be interesting to have a character that could heal herself. While theres a few others can (Pacman, Robin, WFT) for the most part its not significant enough to play a major role in the matches.

This was tough for me, theres a lot of characters I would like to have. Would love to see other unrepresented series make it in (Endless Ocean, Star Tropics, Wave Race) among so many other things. Alternatively, would love for sakurai to suprise us with some character no one had considered (like Ice Climbers and WFT),
I can tell that @Denoxkun would be so happy to hear that someone else supports her before he starts his huge operation for the character. :)

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
10: Inklings.
Still haven't played the game, but it looks like an amazing concept. And the game's popularity was off the charts.​

9: Daisy.
Particularly if she gets two costumes like Wario - her sports gear and the dress. It feels awkward that every Mario main member is in except her, despite she and Peach being BFFs.​

7,8: Midna and Ghirahim.
Hard to tell which I like better. Both are one-shots from Zelda games, but both had really interesting personalities that I'd have loved to see. Didn't hurt that they were both awesome in Hyrule Warriors.​

6: Ivysaur.
Cuts are tough, and Ivy was pretty unique in his moveset. I do miss the other two members of the Pokéteam. Bonus points for a Bulbasaur costume.​

5: Wolf.
This was one of the tougher cuts from Brawl, since StarFox is pretty underrepresented in the first place. His inclusion really highlighted thedifferences between him and Fox, so now Falco looks even more like a semi-clone since he's the only one back.​

4: Squirtle.
With Charizard's addition, the other two members of the Pokémon Trainer's team are missed. And I really like Squirtle since he's so cute. He was one of my better characters from Brawl, so he's really missed.​

3: K.Rool.
DK's been without adequate representation for too long, and the Kroc makes for another comical-yet-imposing Nintendo-style villain.​

2: Ganondorf (Hyrule Warriors moveset).
The current moveset has outlived its usefulness. It would be perfect if Black Shadow were added in - just replace the moves, and add in HW Ganon as a new character. The swords/magic/bestial style are perfect, and represent all of the Ganondorfs of the games, not like the current who barely represents one game.​

1: Ridley.
He's been passed over for far too long. We need more villains, and he's a great candidate to join in. And the bull**** excuses are infuriating, especially when most of the pain could be avoided with Nintendo not beating around the bush​

Last edited:

Flor@

Smash Apprentice
#1::icsmelee::popo: ICE CLIMBERS :popo::icsmelee: <3
2. Shantae
3. Snake
4. Inklings
5. Wolf
6. Bomberman
7. Wonder Red / Wonder Pink
8. Captain Rainbow (and friends?)
9. Tiny Kong
10. Bayonetta

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
My list doesn't include more Mario characters (Rosalina is the only one I care about) and characters that are already in the game as Assist Trophies and/or stage bosses:

1. Wolf O'Donnell (Star Fox) - He was fun to play as in Brawl and would love to see make a return as a DLC fighter for Sm4sh. I would pay more money if they actually made him DLC.
2. Solid Snake (Metal Gear Solid) - He had more unique, fun movesets and I enjoyed playing as him a lot because of it. His inclusion in Brawl got me interested in the Metal Gear Solid games. Same reason as Wolf.
3. Impa (The Legend of Zelda) - Haven't had a new Zelda rep so why not put her in. She could end up being a semi Sheik clone along with some of her own moves from Hyrule Warriors.
4. Issac (Golden Sun) - It wasn't until I downloaded his game from the eShop not too long ago to see who he is. Seeing as I enjoyed playing Golden Sun, seeing him in Smash would be satisfying.
5. Roy (Fire Emblem) - Only time I've ever seen him in a Fire Emblem game was as a DLC character for Awakening. Having a fifth rep would definitely be something to remember...even though I already have a Marth clone to play as.
6. Chris Redfield (Resident Evil) - It be weird if a character from a survival horror game series were to be included in a Smash Bros. game...so why not put him in or any other character from the series.
7. Agnes Oblige (Bravely Default) - Well, she is a "vestal" after all. She could use different weapons and magic spells from different jobs into her movesets while in her Freelancer design.
8. Medusa (Kid Icarus) - Well all I can say is that she's a way better candidate than K.Rool and Ridley. The games could use some more villain representation so why not put her in...or even Hades.
9. Anna (Fire Emblem) - Hearing that she has appeared in a number of games in the series, I figure she should definitely be featured in the Smash Bros. games as the second female Fire Emblem rep.
10. Inkling (Splatoon) - The game is only like 2 weeks old but I can already see the character make a Smash Bros. appearance either as a Sm4sh DLC fighter or in the next game. Either way, it would be nice to see him/her.

UnicornDemon

Smash Journeyman
10. Mii Mage- I actually really like the Mii Fighters. We have few magic users in Smash, so a Mii mage would fill a unique need.

9. Bandana Dee- He's really cute and a spear user would be awesome.

8. Dimentio (Super Paper Mario)- This is, admittedly, a niche choice, but Dimentio is one of Nintendo's most complex, dark, and intriguing characters, which is saying something for a character from the Mario universe. His psychic, carnival-esque trickery would be cool.

7. Dixie Kong- I loved Donkey Kong Country 2. This series desperately needs another rep, and I don't care much for heavyweight characters (sorry K. Rool- I'd still be happy for you too, though).

6. Tingle- His extremely bizarre personality would make for unpredictable, zany attacks. He's one of Legend of Zelda's few recurring characters. He'd be hilarious to play as.

5. Sylveon- This might seem like a random Pokemon, but Pokemon is my favorite Nitnendo franchise, and Sylveon is my all-time favorite Pokemon. Celebi would be really cool too, but Sylveon takes my vote for this one.

4. Ghirahim- Another niche choice, but Ghirahim is my favorite villain of all time, and I absolutely adore his personality and appearance.

3. Sceptile- Sceptile is my fifth favorite Pokemon (behind Sylveon, Celebi, Bulbasaur, and Jigglypuff). Sceptile would have the most exciting moveset of this group. Also, he's more deserving than the others excluding Jigglypuff, due to his relevance (Mega-evo) and ability to complement Charizard and Greninja as a fully evolved grass-starter.

2. Rayman- I love Rayman, and he definitely has a ton of potential for his moveset. It might feel a bit weird having him next to legends like Mega-Man, Pac-Man, and Sonic. So, maybe not for DLC- but for Smash 4 when Nintendo is looking for third-parties Rayman would undoubtedly be my #1 choice.

1. Paper Mario- Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door is my favorite game of all time. I would be cry tears of joy for hours if Paper Mario arrived with a moveset inspired by that game. My greatest fear is that his moveset would be entirely sticker Star based; which is why - like Rayman - I'd rather wait to see Paper Mario added in the next Smash, as hopefully he'll have a new, incredible game out from which to base his moveset.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Well... this is not exactly a Top, but has some of my favorite choices to Smash.

1.- King K. Rool (Donkey Kong). Mostly because he is actually a Nintendo All-Star, but I see in him A LOT of potential, a looks so funny xD

2.- Bandana Waddle Dee (Kirby). A Kirby character, one of my favorites Franchise ever, with potential to be a very fun and original character (ironic, because he is a Waddle Dee with a Bandana xD).

3.- Wolf (Star Fox). Is a veteran... And actually one that I like to use again. I need to make that this top was to least a Top 5... so, I put him because reasons.

And now I will say the characters that I REALLY WANT... Really really want to see in Smash.

4.- Roy (Fire Emblem). A lord of one of my favorites Fire Emblem Games. He is a veteran that fights like Marth, a character that I also like to use, but Roy is more in my style. Roy is a very cool guy in the games as extra :p

5.- Micaiah (Fire Emblem). "What? Do you really want another character from a overrepresented franchise instead that superior and most iconic options like King K. Rool?" Eh... Yeah! She has a cool design, different to the other Fire Emblem's chars, I love magic users, and she is my favorite choice.

Other characters that I could like to see: Ayumi Tachibana, Mii Mage, etc.

Last edited:

slambros

Smash Ace
10: Shovel Knight. I really liked the game and continue to think that the knight of spades would feel right at home next to Mario and Link. Unfortunately, his low chance of getting in has diminished my desire to see him in.

9: Great Tiger. If the Punch-Out franchise ever got another representative, I'd prefer who I've nicknamed the Bengal Brawn. He has the potential to blend magic-based moves, akin to Zelda, to Little Mac's move set, creating something unique yet familiar to smash players.

8: Excitebike Racer. The concept of a vehicular-based character can still be achieved with this relatively well-known motorcross enthusiast.

7: Ice Climbers. Now, I've long accepted their exclusion, which is why they're a little low on my list, but Smash still feels off without them. Sakurai can revamp the concept to accommodate for the 3ds's inabilities if he needs to in my opinion.

6: Bandana Waddle Dee. The most famous iteration of Waddle Dee would truly complete Kirby representation while providing new gameplay elements with his spear.

5: Krystal. This is a character I've wanted since after Brawl's release. The idea of a staff-wielding iteration of Fox and Falco certainly intrigues me.

4: Isaac. I'll admit that I wasn't into Isaac that much when I first started anticipation. Then I got Golden Sun from the Club Nintendo service. The rest is self-explanatory.

3: Bomberman. There's something about a bomb-based character that screams Smash-ready. Here's hoping Konami, the current owner, utilizes him more often.

2: Dixie Kong. It would be so easy to design Dixie Kong, it's not even funny. She would also be great fun to play as.

Honorable Mention: Darunia. More heavy characters are needed. More Zelda representatives are needed. Darunia could quench both of those thirsts.

1: Chibi-Robo: This absolute guarantee for Smash 5 gives the Roomba vacuums a serious run for their money. With a serious reimbursement from Zip-Lash on the way, and the sheer look of iconicness that the mini-robot possesses, it's easy to see why Chibi-Robo deserves the future spot that's basically already his.

Last edited:
3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
1. Paper Mario- Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door is my favorite game of all time. I would be cry tears of joy for hours if Paper Mario arrived with a moveset inspired by that game. My greatest fear is that his moveset would be entirely sticker Star based; which is why - like Rayman - I'd rather wait to see Paper Mario added in the next Smash, as hopefully he'll have a new, incredible game out from which to base his moveset.
I say he should borrow from all of his games, but yeah, his specials and main moves should involve his support friends from PM64 and TTYD. Give us a moveset with favorites like Kooper, Goombella, Vivian, Bombette, Yoshi, and more. Maybe do aerials involving the pixels from SPM.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Updated the list in the OP, Ridley supporters are slacking as Isaac has overtaken him! Ridley still has the most Top Picks however which keeps him strong in the top three!

7. Captain N - This guy is an oddball, and I would respect if he never even had an homage in Smash. That said, I want him as a character. He could be like G&W where he stands an a rep for all of the lunacy that was 90s Nintendo cartoons. Give him a moveset with things like Warp portals, the almighty Nintendo glove, or maybe even help from princess Lana or his dog. His taunts could be homages too, like him saying "excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me, princess.". His music could be the old theme songs from Nintendo cartoons. I don't know about y'all, but I certainly would love Smashing to the Mario Bros super show rap, or DKCs classic "Hey! Ho! Lookout down below!". Captain N is a staple of Nintendo history, and I say he deserves a spot on the Smash roster.
Does Captian N even count as a video game character? I'm not sure if he'd be viable for Smash since he started on a television series...

6: Ivysaur.
Cuts are tough, and Ivy was pretty unique in his moveset. I do miss the other two members of the Pokéteam. Bonus points for a Bulbasaur costume.​
This is actually a bit surprising but you're the first person that has voted Ivysaur so far...

Last edited:
3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
Updated the list in the OP, Ridley supporters are slacking as Isaac has overtaken him! Ridley still has the most Top Picks however which keeps him strong in the top three!

Does Captian N even count as a video game character? I'm not sure if he'd be viable for Smash since he started on a television series...
Does R.O.B. even count as a video game character? I'm not sure he'd be viable for Smash since he started as a plastic accessory toy for a video game...

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
At least with ROB, he actually was IN video games, like Mario Kart DS or his cameo in F-Zero GX.
That's true I suppose. Doesn't the Game Master get some points for being an almost crossover of third parties before Smash Bros.? He was the first person to bring Pit, Megaman, and Simon Belmont together, afterall.

Last edited:

Zilexion

Smash Cadet
10. Ice Climbers: Ice Climbers (NES)
Why: I would like to see Ice Climbers return, as they were left out of the game due to 3ds limitations. thus, i would like to see them return as a WiiU exclusive dlc fighter.

9. Pokemon Trainer: Pokemon Series (i meant for either ivysaur or squirtle, since pokemon trainer wouldn't be able to work with 3ds limitations)
Why: Also as a returning character, Pokemon Trainer (either ivysaur or squirtle) would make a great counterpart to Ice Climbers, being a 3ds exclusive fighter. This works especially well since Pokemon is primarily a portable series anyway.

8. Wolf: Starfox Series
Why: Wolf is less of a clone than Falco and yet got left out, despite Starfox being on the verge of a comeback. i would love to see Wolf dlc release alongside Starfox U.

7. Wander: Shadow of the Colossus
Why: though the thought of 'yet another swordfighter' sounds unappealing, i think wander would make a better candidate based on the very different tone of his character.

6. Shovel Knight: Shovel Knight
Why: even though he doesn't stand a chance, given that he has no ground in japan, Shovel Knight would lend himself well to smash with his multitude of attacks and items.

5. Validar: Fire Emblem Awakening
Why: i know there are already enough fire emblem reps, but Validar would make a great semi-clone. Validar would be to Zelda as Ganondorf is to Cpt. Falcon. Slower, Stronger, and Evil.

4. Riki: Xenoblade Chronicles
Why: Riki is small, but a beast. lots of options when it comes to movement and status effects. plus, if his final smash was a chain attack with Reyn and Melia... some nice voice lines could be put to use there.

3. Quote: Cave Story
Why: Quote is the only possible indie character that i'm aware of that's popular worldwide. additionally, looking at his weapons arsenal, he has the potential to add a bit of spice with weapons like the snake, the nemesis, or the bubbler.

2. Waluigi: Mario Series
Why: really? space peach got in before daisy or Waluigi? C'mon! whatever, Walugi can still hold strong with dancing and sport related attacks.

1. Amaterasu: Okami
Why: out of the character's I've suggested, Amaterasu is the one i believe would have the most unique play style, looks the most interesting when compared to the other fighters, and hey, Capcom's already involved in smash 4.

Last edited:

Dynamite

Smash Apprentice
  1. Ice Climbers - Boy do I miss these guys. I really hope Sakurai can find a way to make them work on the 3DS.
  2. Chorus Kids - I love these little guys! Glee Club is my all time favorite mini-game from the Rhythm Heaven series.
  3. Dixie Kong - I'm baffled as to why they haven't included her yet. I'd love for her to be playable.
  4. Roy - One of my mains from Melee. While some say he's pretty much confirmed, I still have my doubts.
  5. Wolf - I like Wolf. He's a cool dude.
  6. Ryu - I love the idea of Ryu! I really hope the sound files are legit.
  7. DJ Yellow - My second favorite mini-game from RH, and my second favorite RH character.
  8. Karate Joe - This cool guy would be an awesome rep for RH.
  9. Daisy - I think she'd be a cool character. I imagine her to be a faster, stronger, but more riskier version of Peach.
  10. Shantae - I find her interesting even though I never played her games. She has a pretty neat design too.
Honorable mentions..
  1. King K. Rool - While I don't really care for this guy, I understand his importance to the DK series, and he deserves to be playable. Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, and King K. Rool is perfect representation for the DK series in my opinion.
  2. Toon Zelda - ...I kind of like the idea of her being playable.

Last edited:

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
1.Lyndis (AT why.)
2. Krystal (do i have to wait 12yrs+ tops?)
3. Sami (IS pls..)
4. Bandanna Dee
5. Chun-li (So... close... alt Pls..?)
6. Shantae
7. Kos-mo.. Takamaru
8. Bayonetta Isaac
9. Captain Syr Wonder Red
10. Kasum er i mean Twili minda er I mean Roy & ICS.

Honestly the characters i get are the ones i dont even ask for but warmed up to (sans my mains), top 6 are barely realistic expectations, but dammit I want sakurai to give me at least two. And this is mostly remanants of my brawl wishlist, that i wish was taken care of. Watch how everyone gets theirs again and i wait once more... least PM wont dissapoint.

Troykv

Smash Master
1.Lyndis (AT why.)
2. Krystal (do i have to wait 12yrs+ tops?)
3. Sami (IS pls..)
4. Bandanna Dee
5. Chun-li (So... close... alt Pls..?)
6. Shantae
7. Kos-mo.. Takamaru
8. Bayonetta Isaac
9. Captain Syr Wonder Red
10. Kasum er i mean Twili minda er I mean Roy & ICS.

Honestly the characters i get are the ones i dont even ask for but warmed up to (sans my mains), top 6 are barely realistic expectations, but dammit I want sakurai to give me at least two. And this is mostly remanants of my brawl wishlist, that i wish was taken care of. Watch how everyone gets theirs again and i wait once more... least PM wont dissapoint.
And the strikethrough text? Do you want them toó?

Mask and Mirror

Smash Apprentice
Ice Climbers are a big deal. I love the 3DS game, but I'd rather they hadn't made it than not include Ice Climbers in the WiiU version

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
And the strikethrough text? Do you want them toó?
Yes, but their chances are like. nil at to 1% at best. So I had to move on to the new stuff i liked, though my old wishlist builds to it.

what dont gimmie dat look mvc was my 2nd fighter and doa was my 3rd all around my 10-12? age, i fell for those characters i liked their style.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Yes, but their chances are like. nil at to 1% at best. So I had to move on to the new stuff i liked, though my old wishlist builds to it.

what dont gimmie dat look mvc was my 2nd fighter and doa was my 3rd all around my 10-12? age, i fell for those characters i liked their style.
Eh yeah, they are the most likeable, but still sometimes one can dream xD

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr

That's a wrong behavior I think.
If you like something you should fight for that thing, instead of abandoning the idea just because it's not popular.
Unless it's something that doesn't make sense like Goku or Shrek, every Nintendo related character, especially the ones who got main roles in at least one game or appeared more than once, are likely.
We must support the characters we like, not the characters that are already popular in the common knownledge.
Isn't that the whole purpose of the ballot? If it was just about popular characters, and characters with most chances, or character that can be used to advertise a recent or upcoming game, they could have simply asked to some marketing team to do the work.
It's not given that they will chose only the most voted characters, they said that every character will be considered, so they probably will chose characters based on their overall potential.
I'm sure that even the characters that won't make it will be represented in some way, maybe as Mii costumes, or additional trophies, or character costumes, or even new assist trophies.

BurningSpectralSS

Smash Rookie
Here's my top 10 for Smash. They're not favored in any order, they're just who I thought off the top of my head, 10 being the quickest one I came up with.

10. Lloyd Irving (Tales of Phantasia)
Lloyd is worked so well in Smash Flash 2, with the skill set he has, and I think it's time that the Tales of series is given a chance.

9. Frio/Kyaro (Tales of The World Narikiri Dungeon Series)
Again with the Tales of series, their Costume System would be really cool to work with, as they have been presented with many classes to choose from.

8. Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)
NINJAAAAAAS. We need a Ninja that actually uses a sword.

7. Strider Hiryu (Strider Hiryu)
He's a cyber future warrior with great skills and a powerful blade, and his tech can be used for an ultimate skill set.

6. Zero (Megaman X/Zero)
Zero is a great and powerful fighter, utilizing a brilliant mix of sword play and ranged skills. Both X-style and Zero-style Zero have a balanced set, but I have to ultimately hand it to Zero-series Zero, due to his multiple weapons and balanced skill set.

5. Viewtiful Joe (Viewtiful Joe)
C'mon, we need to have this classic guy return somehow. And those who've played can probably imagine a great moveset already, cuz... Joe's too Viewtiful to not make one last appearance.

4. Issac (Golden Sun)
Golden Sun showed a wide range of balanced skills, since Psyenergy is so versatile. Psyenergy, yo.

3. Silver (Sonic The Hedgehog)
Silver is a much more combat-oriented character, and with such an easy-to-manipulate Psychokinesis, he could easily have a combat-oriented move set based around his psychic abilities.

2. Loto (Dragon Quest III)
Dragon Quest is an interesting game series... being in the Hero class, Loto could be a lighter competitor to Robin, however with less emphasis on Magic and more on the fact that Loto can use many kinds of weapons.

And 1... Grey (Megaman ZXA)
Yes, yes, a Megaman character. But Grey is unique in the sense that, by actually BEING Model A, he wouldn't need to transform to use the weapons of his opponents, and instead have their silhouette behind him or around him as he used their skill. And with the amount of opponents he's fought, he has a wide pool of attacks to choose from.

Last edited:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
I can never participate in these top 10 DLC character lists because I only have 4 characters that I legitimately want. :laugh:

kingofconeyisland

Smash Rookie
NNID
coneyislandking
10: Cooking Mama
9: Chibi-Robo
8: Bandana Dee
7: Savvy Stylist
6: Inkling
5: Snake
4: Ice Climbers
3: Lip
2: Daisy
1: Isaac

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
1.Wolf
If Lucas is back, than Wolf should be as well.
2. Ice Climbers
They were two time vets, 'nuff said.
3. Snake
His moveset was awesome, and he was fun to play as.
4. Ridley
I think we all know why Ridley should be in. The only question is will he get in?
5. King K Rool
We need more villains, we need more DK content, its win win.
6. Chorus Men
I love Rhythm Heaven, and I feel that these guys are the most visually distinct of them. ANy RH rep could have this spot, but Chorus Men are my personal favorite.
7. Inkling
Splatoon was fun, and its selling really well. Also, they have so much potential for a cool meveset involving ink and territory control.
8 Ninten/Dixie/Impa
Semi clone characters can work, and all of these would be cool semi clones. They all could be the Roy or Ganondorf to their characters. Also, they all have great merit to appear in Smash, and their franchises could use a little more content. I could not divide them up, as they all are similar in reason and want for me.
9. Squirte and Ivysaur/Blastoise and Venusaur
Vets that I liked. I would like them to come back in some form.
10. Captain Toad
Toad is long overdue, and with the fun of Treasure Tracker, I would love to see him in smash.

Top Bottom