• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top 10 Most Wanted Characters for DLC in Smash 4

Mario123311

Smash Ace
1. Inkling (Of course...)
2. Ai & Yu (Alt costumes for Villager if possible ;P)
3. Rocket Slime
4. Ms. Pac-Man (...Another alt costume)
5. Piplup (...Probably won't happen though ; w ; )
6. Bomberman (Konami, you can save yourselves... or not.)
7: Shantae (Looks like an interesting one despite me never playing any of the games)
8. Pichu (...Yes, He was my old Melee main when I started playing. And I still enjoy using him.))
9: Felicia (Probably impossible, of course)
10: Doomguy (Even more impossible here.)

Most wanted to least (top to bottom)

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
This list proved very hard to make because with Robin and Charizard present, most of my character dreams have been fulfilled with a few notable exceptions.

10. Pichu - He was my main back in Melee, well, co-main, the other being Bowser, I apparently love bad characters.
9. Krystal - I know many people dis Star Fox Adventures, but I still love that game to death and it needs some representation.
8. Dixie Kong - Although I've been campaigning for K. Rool, I'd love to see Dixie Kong if only to have more DK reps.
7. Ivysaur - Ivysaur I actually WAS sad to see go, we could always use a grass type and Ivy was very unique.
6. Tails - Probably the most likely non-Sonic Sonic character to show up, now that Capcom has two reps. Melee April Fools?
5. Shantae - She looks like she would have a unique playstyle, and her devs are very enthusiastic about her appearance.
4. Eggman - More villains, more heavyweights, more gadgeteers I require. Eggman fills all of these!
3. Banjo & Kazooie - A pipe dream of mine since Smash 64. Highly unlikely because Microsoft, but a man can dream?
2. Ridley - He'd be my number 1 if he wasn't already in the game as a boss, if only because he looks so damn cool, could have a unique moveset for his size and mobility, and would please a bucket full of fans.

1. King K. Rool - With Ridley's chances being null because Pyrosphere, my vote goes to the King of Krocs. Donkey Kong representation is low. It's one of the most influential IPs in Nintendo's library with merely two characters to show for it. We need more villains and more heavyweights, and K. Rool offers both while also being a projectile/trickster type playstyle instead of brute force attacks of Bowser or DDD. Imagine a splicing of Villager and Bowser.

Between being a heavyweight, villain, DK rep, possibility for costumes (Kaptain K. Rool being the most wanted), possibility for a unique moveset, K. Rool has a lot going for him to grab my number 1 spot, hence my status as a Kremling Kutthroat, and it warms my heart to see K. Rool in the top 5 if not Number 1 on the Ballot according to the out take polls and fan sites.

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
Banjo & Kazooie - A pipe dream of mine since Smash 64. Highly unlikely because Microsoft, but a man can dream?
Now that even Microsoft supports their entry, things can only go up from here. If the fans rally enough, Nintendo would be crazy to not to at least look into it. And besides, with all the third party support Smash 4 has already gotten between characters and Mii costumes, are the iconic bird and bear really so unlikely anymore? Think any Melee fans thought Sonic had a chance for Smash? Think and Bawl fans had hope for Megaman or Ryu in Smash?

That said, however, I do support K. Rool quite a bit too.

Last edited:

SpottedCerberus

Smash Journeyman
No order within tiers.

Top tier:
Wolf
Ridley
Waluigi

This would be cool tier:
Snake
Ice Climbers

This will never ever happen tier:
Magikarp
Slime (FF)
Shrek
Bane (y duz he wear the mask?)

Just bcuz tier:
Ganon (We have two Links, we have two Zeldas.....)

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Now that even Microsoft supports their entry, things can only go up from here. If the fans rally enough, Nintendo would be crazy to not to at least look into it. And besides, with all the third party support Smash 4 has already gotten between characters and Mii costumes, are the iconic bird and bear really so unlikely anymore? Think any Melee fans thought Sonic had a chance for Smash? Think and Bawl fans had hope for Megaman or Ryu in Smash?

That said, however, I do support K. Rool quite a bit too.
Well, sure, Microsoft is in full support of Nintendo supporting their IP. If Nintendo asked "Can we use Banjo?" they'd say "Yep, where do I sign?" because it's free publicity. Nintendo, on the other hand, might not want to play ball that way. Even if Banjo is important to Nintendo's history, he's still a direct competitor's first party IP.

With Ryu and Heihachi...I'm not so sure Banjo and Kazooie are such a long shot. We'll see.

Edit: Ah, sod it. Ryu flipped most of our expectations and I can't claim what Nintendo, or Sakurai, can and can not do, or will and will not do. Maybe there's hope for the Bear and Bird, hence his placement on my personal list.

Edit Again: And since I personally like K. Rool, and he has a decent shot as a Nintendo first party, and seems to be in the lead in polls, I'm sticking my guns with him.

Last edited:

Amiiboshiibo

Smash Journeyman
I'm redoing this cause my other one was bad.
10. Birdo - Again, Birdo is unique and well-known enough to be added.
9. Ice Climbers - I don't want a single Ice Climber, I want the regular Popo and Nana back.
8. Tabuu - Smash Bros. is popular enough to get its own rep.
7. Waluigi - He's pretty much the best Mario character to become DLC at this point.
6. Bomberman - No reasons needed.
5. K. Rool - Obvious choice.
4. Wolf - He was the most unique of the Starfox-ers, and we need him back.
3. Solid Snake - He was fun in Brawl, and even though he won't nearly be as good, he'll still be fun.
2. Baby Bowser - I don't care if everyone hates this choice.
1. Captain Syrup - I've already said it today.
She's pretty much everything Smash needs more of. Villains (that aren't heavyweights), females, pirates, and Wario Land.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I'm redoing this cause my other one was bad.
10. Birdo - Again, Birdo is unique and well-known enough to be added.
9. Ice Climbers - I don't want a single Ice Climber, I want the regular Popo and Nana back.
8. Tabuu - Smash Bros. is popular enough to get its own rep.
7. Waluigi - He's pretty much the best Mario character to become DLC at this point.
6. Bomberman - No reasons needed.
5. K. Rool - Obvious choice.
4. Wolf - He was the most unique of the Starfox-ers, and we need him back.
3. Solid Snake - He was fun in Brawl, and even though he won't nearly be as good, he'll still be fun.
2. Baby Bowser - I don't care if everyone hates this choice.
1. Captain Syrup - I've already said it today.
Would Birdo be considered a Yoshi rep with the Egg symbol?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Now that :4feroy:and:4mewtwo:are in the game...

1. Isaac
2. Andy
3. K. Rool
4. Solid Snake
5. LoZ rep (someone like Impa, Vaati, Ganon, Young Link, etc)

Last edited:

Jetmann

Smash Apprentice
(Ordered most wanted to least wanted)

1. King K. Rool- Do I really need to explain?
2. Ridley- Seems like he'd be a lot of fun to play as (how could I turn down a murderous, sociopathic, purple space dragon?), would please a lot of people, is one of the only big-name villains not playable yet
3. Inkling- Awesomely designed character from a fun game, could specialize in stage control
4. Dixie Kong- My favorite playable kong of all the DKCs, could have excellent air mobility and could be a fun grappler with her hair
5. (on foot) Pokémon Trainer- Having the main avatar of the series was awesome in Brawl, could be a summoning character that uses the starters, repels, bikes, and fishing rods to attack
6. Impa- A Zelda newcomer that's important to the series and isn't another form Link/Zelda (Though I'm fine with Beast Ganon)
7. Isaac- Golden Sun needs more recognition, and I'd basically be playing as an earthbender
8. Sami- Favorite Advance Wars character
9. Wolf- My favorite character in Brawl
10. Tiki/Shantae- Playing as a manakete would be cool (and she's appeared in Fire Emblem almost as much as Marth) / out of all of the indie characters, Shantae has the closest ties to Nintendo and she looks like she'd be a lot of fun to play as

Amiiboshiibo

Smash Journeyman
How is Birdo not a Mario character? She originated in a game that was remade into a Mario game, and has appeared in almost every single Mario sports spinoff game.

H-O-G

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Samurai-Edge9
3DS FC
5000-3290-0193
1. Gun volt
2. Lyn (fire emblem)
3.Shovel knight
4.Inkling
5.Solid Snake
6.Raiden
7.Liquid snake
8.Shadow
9.Hunter(monster hunter)
10.Impa

How are people not asking for gunvolt? TF

Last edited:

Tetra's Tracker

Smash Journeyman
1. Red (+ Ivysaur and Squirtle)
2. Ice Climbers
3. Snake
4. Wolf
5. Ridley
6. Isaac
7. Andy (Advance Wars)
8. Excitebiker
9. K. Rool
10. Takamaru

Honourable mentions: Pichu, Banjo-Kazooie, Ray, Saki, Starfy, Chibi-Robo, Lip, Mike Jones

Last edited:

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
  • 10 - Ganon(blue pig form)
  • 9 - Tails
  • 8 - Skull Kid(Majora's Mask)
  • 7 - Samurai Goroh
  • 6 - Bomberman
  • 5 - Wolf
  • 4 - Sukapon
  • 3 - King K Rool
  • 2 - Dixie Kong
  • 1 - Ridley
If Ridley and Dixie ever made it I would be set for life. I would never ever in a 100 billion years ask for another character again. I would just coast and watch the hype trains zip by.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Honorable Mentions: Chibi-Robo, Simon Belmont, Rayman, Banjo Kazooie, Black Shadow

10. Sceptile
I'm one of those guys who wants all 3 Pokémon starter types. Grass was always my favourite to start with, and while I prefer the Bulbasaur line given how poorly Sakurai made Ivysaur (thanks PMBR for making him into a great character), I've switched hope to my second favourite line. Sceptile's a lot less status reliant than Venusaur (outside of gen 5 chlorophyll at least), so he can fit a more standard fighter mold without feeling insulting... less interesting that Venusaur in theory, thus his lower positioning, but would probably turn out better in practice.

9. Spyro the Dragon
So, one of the major reasons I loved Ivysaur conceptually, and was so dissapointed in brawl is because I like quadrupeds.. and Spyro is probably the best and most deserving option for a quadruped in the running. I think Rayman's probably more deserving, and I prefer Simon Belmont as a character, but Spyro is a nice middle ground of the two and a quadruped which puts him far higher than most (but not all) third parties in my eyes. Also Activison were the reason for Amiibo, and you've got the Skylanders thing, so it would make sense.

8. Andy
We need a summoner character, not a puppet master like Rosalina, but someone who summons things to fight independently for him as his gimmick... and that's Andy! I likes Advanced Wars, and I do think it's a big enough title to afford a character too, so it's not all character style, but the idea of playing someone who builds tanks and commands soldiers for his main attacks (I imagine him commanding units for his smashes, but at least his specials will be building units, right?) is a great one. The 3DS limitations could be an issue mind, but if it can handle 3 Pikmin AI I'm sure it can handle a couple tanks who would likely be more akin to the Mecha-Koopa, who's currently our best summoning character.

7. Rhythm Girl
So I want Rhythm Paradise to have a character, and I'm not sold on Chorus Kids... Marshall used to be my pick, but the Rhythm Troupe fan-art has me sold on the girl from the box... she could also be a summoner, and is from another big series, so she has much the same reasoning as Andy, but a slightly different audience appeal, and a more fun cast of characters she could summon. She could also have plenty of non-summon moves too, like an interview move that forces someone close by to taunt and all sorts... she's got just a few more silly fun things she could bring than Andy, and her stage would be more interesting, so she just beats him in my eyes.

6: Ice Climbers
Look, I never particularly liked the Icies, but they are a part of Smash, and unlike Snake who never felt like he fit in, without these two this game doesn't quite feel complete. I think the new grab mechanics could be interesting for them too, allowing the rest of their movepool to get buffed and come out of the shadow of their chain-grabbing, while probably keeping it a thing at least at high % (two characters means alternating countdowns), or a 2 grab and hit combo for lower percents (grab with Popo, mash, pass to Nana, and then hit them with a smash, still keeps the feel, but without stopping the other player for so long). All in all, the new characters would be more exciting, but I miss them, and there're enough things they could bring with the new mechanics to keep them fresh.

5. Inkling
Speaking of Fresh! Splatoon is great, these have a great design, I already have the Amiibo, and they could have such interesting moveset Gimmicks. The only caveat is that the new game likely isn't designed with such move sets in mind, and spraying the ground may be beyond the system... without it I don't want them, but for smash 5 they're probably like number 3 because I know the mechanics will be implemented for them.

4. Ridley
I still believe. I don't think Sakurai would do a great job given his statements on the matter, so he's not higher, but it would get him off Pyrosphere, which more than makes up for it; when Smash 5 comes around and some new team members come in they can fix him I'm sure...

3. K.Rool
As for another character I'm a little worried about from this team, but K.Rool is more cartoony and cookier, so I just feel he'll be handled better. I personally prefer K.Rool as a character too, but he's not been teased half as much, so if I trusted Sakurai Ridley would have taken this spot. K.Rool also really suits the expressiveness of this game, so that's always a plus.

2. Isaac
I like jRPGs, and Golden Sun is a classic styled jRPG owned by Nintendo that's great (better then Earthbound imo), of course I want the character in! His earth-based powers also mean he could have a really unique move pool with plenty of flair, and his Djinn for that matter, or summons, or weapon unleashes... there's so much he has at his disposal. Plus, growth as a recovery move, please? I've always wanted a ladder-like recovery, which could potentially be used by others, it would make recovering itself less of a mind-game sure, but make for a much longer term strategic development. Man, I could talk for days about individual moves he could have though, that's just one that doesn't get bought up as much.

1. Slime
I said I like jRPGs and Dragon Quest is basically the oldest... sure we had a few japanese RPGs before it, but I'd argue they were still in the western RPG genre, just aping; DQ changed things, a lot of things, and created a while new style of play. Dragon Quest s also just a great series, with lots of great games, consistently great in fact and is what pretty much any jRPG should strive to be. He may be third party, but the huge influence he's had on gaming, his iconicness and his importance to the success of Nintendo all make him more deserving than most any first party that's not already in (not the two big villains, but I said I worry about them). In fact I'd say he's more important than Megaman in the grander scheme of things, given Nintendo is a Japanese company, who's Japanese market is still very strong. I know FF is more popular in the west, but it's not half as important to the history of jRPGs, and it's a broken base who wouldn't latch onto a character like the DQ fanbase would latch onto Slime... also just look at how FF needed to be redesigned to suit the Mario universe in sports mix, and how easily Slime fit right in with that and Fortune Street; he just suits so well!
And I haven't even gotten into his insane move set potential. I mean that insane part in two ways, insanely large, and insanely insane. He can morph his body into various shapes for attacks and either other members of the Slime family, particularly Babble Slime comes to mind for a poison attack. Stretching into whatever shapes the developers feel like could give allow him some great but also incredibly interesting hitboxes, as well as tackles, spin attacks, butt bomps, flips and more his lack of arms could easily be accounted for in his normals. Then there are his specials, like stretching and rocketing around the stage, stacking things on his head (though that could be a DK like throw), Calling for Help (another summoner character, oh my), combining with other summoned Slimes, using a Slime Knight for an attack, various magical abilities... Sakurai is a DQ fan, and I'm sure he'll have some of his own great ideas, and more importantly because he's such a weird character anyways he probably won't feel too pressured into fitting a mould like with Ridley or someone... Of course there are the problems with SE holding things hostage, but looking at Dragon Quest Heroes I think he'll have a pretty free reign... and hey it would be nice to celebrate the DQ 30th anniversary with his inclusion too.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Been a while, but I managed to get around to updating this...

A few changes...

-Roy has since been confirmed for DLC thus making him no longer eligible for this Top 10...which I'm sure his fans are happy for...
-He has pretty much been replaced by the Ice Climbers who jumped ahead of three people to get into the top 10...
-K Rool still holds the number one spot as he always has, but he now has tied Ridley for the amount of Top Picks...
-K Rool has also finally exceeded 100 points in the rankings...You guys really want K Rool don't you?
-Ridley and Isaac are tied for points but Ridley holds more Top Picks thus making him pull ahead of Isaac once again...
-Wolf is not too far behind either, perhaps Sakurai's recent statements have urged a bit more support for him?
-Inklings finally received their first Top Pick as well...

10. Banjo & Kazooie-35 *x2
9. Dixie Kong-42 *
8. Bandanna Dee-41 *x4
7. Ice Climbers-42 *x3
6. Snake-55 *x2
5. Inkling-57 *
4. Wolf-77 *x5
3. Isaac-78 *x6
2. Ridley-78 *x11
1. King K Rool-109 *x11

I also made some changes to my personal Top Ten in the OP as well...It didn't make any significant changes to the overall top 10 except a couple characters got some extra points...

Last edited:

TallT

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to keep my reasons why short

8. Meowth- one of my favorite Pokemon.

7. Krystal- Wolf and her would round out the Star Fox series nicely

6. Isaac- I only want this character if most of his attack rely on his psynergy abilities. If not then NO THANK YOU.

5. Ridley- I love his character design and the movesets I've seen fans come up with are really unique. Although, I'm not sure how I feel about Sakurai removing him from his boss hazard position.

4. Dixie Kong- She would be a simple character to make and she is an important part of the DK series.

3. Bandanna Dee- This adorable guy managed to win me over. I have only played a few games with him in it but I think he will be able to bring something new

2. Wolf- he is veteran that was fun to play as and I found myself enjoying him in Brawl more than Fox or Falco

1. King K. Rool- have wanted him since Diddy joined in Brawl. His potential for a unique heavy projectile moveset fits my style. I can see him being a cool trap character.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I'm not a gamer by any means so 9, 8, and 7 are kinda just popular requests I see. The real personal ones start from 6 to 1.

10. Wolf - Just to have him back and please fans. I liked using him in Brawl, too.
9. Isaac - From what I've read/seen about him he seems really cool, and I'm always up for some different game representation in Smash. Odd he's no longer an assist trophy.
8. Ridley - Simply because he is so popular. Never played Metroid myself but I just want people to be happy haha.
7. King K. Rool - A very popular request and he'd be a neat villain and heavy character.
6. Midna - Many fond memories of Twilight Princess. There could be a lot of potential here. Of course her riding on Wolf Link is ideal for me.
5. Snake - He was such a unique fighter in Brawl and I miss playing as him. Of course I can always pop in the Brawl disk but I want to fight as him in Smash 4 alongside our newcomers.
4. Impa - Her Hyrule Warriors appearance gives her lots of potential as a fighter and she's been in many different Zelda games as well. Kinda obsessed with her design.
3. Tails - Mainly nostalgia here, but if Capcom can get a second rep so can Sega. I love him as a character and he's pretty rad in Super Smash Flash 2.
2. Dixie Kong - Most deserving Donkey Kong rep IMO based on the number of games she's been in. Also have fond memories playing her in Donkey Kong Country 2.
1. Ice Climbers - Simply for the reason of them being in both Melee and Brawl and all the memories I have playing against them. Never played them too much myself, but Smash 4 doesn't feel quite complete without them.

StormC

Smash Hero
I've updated my wishlist a bit, swapping out one character for a new one in my top 5 and bumping down the rest.

Looking at my character requests, I really want villains and characters from established series. Dunno what that says about me.

2. Dixie Kong - Most deserving Donkey Kong rep IMO based on the number of games she's been in. Also have fond memories playing her in Donkey Kong Country 2.
I mean, the difference in game count between her and K. Rool is fairly negligible; that's not counting how many of Dixie's roles are minor and how many of them are in actual Donkey Kong games. Just saying.

Last edited:

JiNinja

Smash Rookie
NNID
Hydro_jin
10. Ray MK - I love the custom robo series and I just think it would be awesome to play with Ray MK in smash. It would be a cool unique feature if you could customize his look and set 8 different customizations instead of his 8 colors. So low on the list because I just personally want the rest more than him.

9. Ice Climbers - Ice climbers were so unique and it was always cool that you could control 2 people. Let's face it, we all want them back. Even if chain grabbing is gone. But that's why they are number 9 on my list for idk if they can ever get the 3ds version working with them and idk how viable they'd be without the chain grabbing.

8. Amaterasu-Okami - I can just see this character being unique and fitting to smash bros. I've never played Okami, but I've always been interested. I watched a playthrough of the game though. She was also had her as one of my mains in MvC3.

7. Rock Howard- SNK - He and my #6 would be top choices if this were a standard fighting game. But since it's smash and very different from most fighting games, they stay back in the ranks. Rock is one of my favorite fighting game characters. We got Ryu, so I think it would be nice to add another fighting game character (who doesn't get much representation) to smash.

6. Ayane -DOA - Ahh, my favorite female fighting game character (sorry Sakura, you're #2). She could be a rival to shiek with her quickness, although have a diverse enough movepool to not be a sheik/greninja clone.

5. Knuckles- was gonna put a fully trained Chao but Knuckles is more iconic. Sega needs 2 reps and Knuckles can punch his way to the roster.

4. Sceptile- My favorite starter pokemon. Sceptile has the quickness, and coolness, and can be very intersting in smash. He could be a ground fighter with lots of projectiles. Final smash would be shooting his Christmas tree tail at enemies in his mega form.

3. Luke- Tales of the Abyss -Luke is my favorite tales character. I loved his personality and he was a beast at the end of Abyss. All the tales characters have great movepools that could work in Smash. He's only behind Lloyd because....

2. Lloyd- Tales of Symphonia- Lloyd is possible the most requested Tales character. He seems the most likely to get voted in as DLC. Like I said with Luke, he has a lot of moves that could work in smash. I definitely want to see him playable.

1. Isaac- Golden Sun- He doesn't even have to use his sword. To keep people from complaining "oh, another SWORDSMAN geez" they could design him around his Psynergy. His tilts could be a mace. He could be like Melee Roy with projectiles. And we all know what his final smash should be...

Furret24

Smash Master
Honorable Mentions: Ivysaur, Sceptile, An F-Zero Character, Sqirtle, Young Link, Shrek

10. Raichu
9.Paper Mario
8. Ridley
7. Boggy B.
6. Banjo Kazooie
5. Wolf
4. King K. Rool
3. Pichu
2. Rayman
1. Bandana Dee

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
1. Krystal
2. Solid Snake
3. Paper Mario
4. Bayonetta
5. Dixie Kong
6. Classic Ganon
7. Inkling
8. Captain Toad
9. Malon
10. Slime

Capita

Smash Apprentice
NNID
n1ntendogamer
Making this mainly to support one character in particular, but there are other characters that I want in, especially if we get more than 2 DLC characters. The first half of the list for the most part does not really take chance into consideration and more just wishful thinking from myself.

10. Geno: Geno may have a hard time getting in due to Square IP issues, but Super Mario RPG was a good game and he would be a pretty easy character to develop move-set wise.

9. Lloyd: This Tales of Symphonia character is a pretty viable 3rd party character in both move-set and icon status, probably being Namco's 2nd or 3rd most popular character. Capcom got a second rep, so who's to say Namco can't have a second as well?

8. Bayonetta: Another viable 3rd party character. Same reasoning as above except it applies to Sega. We had Bayonetta 2 as a Wii U exclusive, so that's a plus. I'm sure Nintendo could tone her down.

7. Banjo & Kazooie: Despite their minuscule chances, Banjo-Kazooie was a big part of the N64's history, and very much deserve to be in Smash. Nintendo may try to avoid giving free advertising to a Microsoft IP, but maybe they'll care more about DLC sales?

6. Ridley: It hurts to see how little attention this franchise receives. One of Nintendo's greatest IP's continuously left in the dust, not just in Smash representation. Metroid is a staple Nintendo franchise, and to see things like not celebrating their 25th anniversary and only giving them one Smash rep (Samus and ZSS count as one in my eyes) hurts. Ridley is the rep Metroid needs and Melee has shown they can size him down.

5. Wolf: He's practically a shoe-in at this point. He has high demand, he'd be easy to develop, and I always hate to see Veterans cut.

4. Snake: I wasn't fond of having Snake in Smash initially. He didn't fit in, he was quite different. Over time though, Snake grew on me. I really dislike the idea of cutting veterans, and the same goes to Snake.

3. Ice Climbers: This cut was probably the one that hurt the most. They were so close to making it, with the crowd chant, the Polar Bears, and being able to function on the Wii U, falling short all because of the 3DS. A veteran since Melee cut because of the 3DS, not because they were clones, not because no one wanted them, but because of a technical issue. Now that there is time though, the Icies still have a shot.

2. King K. Rool: A character with an impressive fan-base, King K. Rool is a character that fits into categories that Smash needs: he's a villain, he is from a franchise that needs more representation, and he's heavy. The only other character that fits those categories is Ridley, but unlike him, King K. Rool actually has a chance now. The Donkey Kong Country series was one of my favorites growing up and I would love to see him in.

1. Isaac: This Dead Space character would be perfect to have in Smash, I loved playing as him in Playstation All-Stars: Battle Royale and having him in Smash may bring my Smash Bros X Playstation All-Stars dream come true.
Isaac from Golden Sun has been my most requested character since the release of Melee. I may be biased when I say this, but after Ridley, King K. Rool, and some veterans, I can't think of a character that deserves it more than Isaac. With his popular demand in the Smash ballot and the demand for a Golden Sun 4, it's about time we have some Golden Sun representation. I was somewhat satisfied to have Isaac as an assist trophy in Brawl, but with the entire Golden Sun absence in Sm4sh, I'm really hoping for Isaac as a playable character. He has a ton of psynergy to make moves from, making him a completely unique character from a completely unrepresented franchise. Golden Sun is my favorite game of all time, and it was one of the best selling GBA games, so make it happen Nintendo.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I've updated my wishlist a bit, swapping out one character for a new one in my top 5 and bumping down the rest.

Looking at my character requests, I really want villains and characters from established series. Dunno what that says about me.

I mean, the difference in game count between her and K. Rool is fairly negligible; that's not counting how many of Dixie's roles are minor and how many of them are in actual Donkey Kong games. Just saying.
If you could elaborate on the specific changes? So I can make the necessary adjustments...
Changes noted, Thanks!

----

updated the list in the OP once again...Last time I accidentally deleted the wrong file and had to re-update, and noticed a few errors I made, but they are fixed...I missed a few points for some characters...

Some changes since my last update...
-Bandana Dee overtook the Ice Climbers and is part of a three way tie in points with Dixie Kong at 48
-Snake overtook the Inklings to place him in the Top 5
-Ridley dropped two places! (NOOOO!) Both Isaac and Wolf have overtaken him are currently tied with 86 points each...
-King K Rool has a whopping 34 point lead! Banjo & Kazooie only have 3 more points than that being in the tenth spot!

10. Banjo & Kazooie-37 *x2
9. Dixie Kong-48 *
8. Ice Climbers-48 *x4
7. Bandanna Dee-48 *x5
6. Inkling-58 *
5. Snake-61 *x2
4. Ridley-82 *x11
3. Wolf-86 *x5
2. Isaac-86 *x7
1. King K Rool-120 *x13

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
If you could elaborate on the specific changes? So I can make the necessary adjustments...
Previous top ten:
1. K. Rool
2. Snake
3. Wolf
4. Ganon
5. Dixie Kong
6. Gengar
7. Porky Minch
8. Hades
9. Tails
10. Impa
New top ten:
1. K. Rool
2. Snake
3. Wolf
4. Bandana Dee
5. Dixie Kong
6. Ganon
7. Gengar
8. Porky Minch
9. Tails
10. Impa

It's a good thing you're only looking now, because a couple of days ago I changed it too. ;)

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
10. Isaac (Golden Sun)
9. Simon Belmont (Castlevania)
8. Inkling (Splatoon)
7. King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country)
6. Chorus Kids/Karate Joe (Rhythm Heaven)
5. Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney)
4. Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
3. Rayman (Rayman)
2. Takamaru (The Mysterious Murasame Castle)
1. Ice Climbers (Ice Climber)

Honorable Mentions:
Fiora (Xenoblade Chronicles)
Bandana Dee (Kirby)
Tails (Sonic the Hedgehog)
Snake (Metal Gear Solid)
Lloyd (Tales of Symphonia)

Last edited:

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
10. Isaac from Golden Sun. His powers are interesting, being able to manipulate the Earth and call upon Judgement (a summon) is pretty cool though. He is on the bottom of my list though (used to be like #5 when I was younger).

9. King K. Rool from the DK Country series. He would be a much needed villain from the DK series that would use several gadgets and tools. Seeing the popularity polls overall, he's basically guaranteed at this point.

8. Starman from Pro Wrestling. I gotta say, a wrestler in Smash Bros. would be pretty cool! He would be a true grappler character in Smash Bros. with luchador moves. He would basically represent the sport of wrestling in Smash Bros. Wrestling is a sport I like to watch, so there might be some bias with this. If he doesn't make it in via the Smash Ballot, he could always be the Retro character for the next Smash Bros. game.

7. Classic Ganon (the pig one with the trident) from the Zelda series.. He would be a very interesting mage/spear user. Plus, another heavyweight and another villain. I honestly want him more than K. Rool at this point. Plus, it would finally give Ganon an accurate moveset without alienating those who like Ganondorf's current moveset (like myself).

6. Sylux from Metroid Prime Hunters (and the secret ending of MP3). The Metroid series needs another newcomer. As Ridley is a stage boss, Mother Brain, a Metroid, and Dark Samus are Assist Trophies, and Kraid is too big, I think a Humanoid character would be nice. The only humanoid character to appear in multiple games that is actually playable in one of them is Sylux. He is playable in MPH's multiplayer mode and appears in the secret ending of Metroid Prime 3 (so that counts IMHO). Plus, his Shock Coil would be an interesting weapon to use. Also, more villains! :)

5. Dark Matter from the Kirby series. After Dedede and Meta Knight (who are already in Smash), Dark Matter would be the next most important antagonist in the series (along with 0). His influence is seen throughout the series and I would totally be down with a possession based character. Possessing the opponent would allow for Dark Matter to go in for the kill (think like Quan Chi's Trance move from the recent MK games).

4. Aeron from Pandora's Tower. I love that game a TON and think that the Oraclos Chain (as well as the Athosian Sword, Twinblades, Military Scythe, and Explosive Stake) would allow for unique combat. He would be the ULTIMATE tether character, controlling range and binding opponents down.

3. T-Rex Vivosaur from the Fossil Fighters games. I honestly think that playing as a T-Rex would be awesome! He would focus around using standard (A) moves to boost his FP (Fossil Points). When they are high enough, he would be able to enhance his special moves (i.e. his Neutral Special would be Scare Tactics [named after a move from the game], which would have him grab the opponent with his [or would it be her now because of how T-Rex Sue is a female?] teeth. From there, T-Rex could use "Law of the Jungle" to restore health [by gnawing down a bit] for 20FP or perform a command throw like the Koopa Klaw in Melee). In addition, T-Rex would have formations (a feature in the game) that would alter his statistics (kinda like Shulk's Monado Arts). Overall, T-Rex would be an interesting character that is focused on point management (like in Fossil Fighters).

2. Simon Belmont from the Castlevania series. I totally want him in. I even created a (failed) petition on Change.org one time because of how much I wanted him in. He would have access to his subweapons and his trademark Vampire Killer. Plus, he has a HUGE history with Nintendo (well, before LoS). Plus, if he made it in, we would have the Captain N reunion that we all desire! :) That being said, seeing that Konami is going to focus on Slot Machines more than anything else, I think the chances are slim.

1. Ray from the Custom Robo series. I would add him in a heartbeat. I mean, he has 5 games in his series and was popular in Japan. Sure, he might be considered the reverse Isaac (Ray is more popular in the East than in the West [there are Japanese Custom Robo videos frequently posted on YouTube and NicoNico] while Isaac is more popular in the West than in the East [saw some Japanese polls having Isaac lower than Ray in popularity at points while several western polls have Isaac pretty high]), but his series has had a moderate impact in Smash Bros. There are 6 Custom Robo trophies (which is a TON for a series without a playable character), several stickers, and even an Assist Trophy in Brawl. Plus, he has over 115 multi-functional guns, 105 bombs, 119 Pods/Subweapons, 37 legs, and 10 Action Chips. There's literally no limit as to what he could bring to the table when looking at his moveset. Lastly, unlike most projectile based characters, Ray focuses on Combos using the synchronization of his parts. As he can launch bomb and pods that act independent of Ray, he can rack up the damage. For example, he could launch 2 Seeker G pods, then launch a Geo Trap Bomb. From there, he would fire the Vertical Gun to hit the opponent. The Geo Trap Bomb would knockdown the opponent while Ray gets some more Vertical Gun shots. The Seeker G pods come in and knock the opponent around. When the opponent is about to rebirth, Ray would launch another Geo Trap bomb and hit them with a charge, knocking them into the blast. Said combo would do around 35% of a full lifebar. So, he would be a ranged fighter (with some close range tools thanks to some close range guns and his charge) that could combo. Of course, he would need some balancing to ensure that he wouldn't be OP. Not to sound like I am advertising, but please vote for him. He really deserves to become playable in Smash Bros.

Basically, if you wanted a tl;dr version, it would be the following:
10. Isaac for Venus Adept skills + Summoning.
9. King K. Rool to add a new villain for the DK series. Plus, he has tools.
8. Starman for representing wrestling and retro gaming (A Winner is You!!).
7. Ganon (the pig) for magic + trident skills. Plus, villain and would make Ganon supporters happy while not alienating those who like Ganondorf's current moveset.
6. Sylux for tripwire and Shock Coil skills + FINALLY adding a 3rd Metroid character + new villain.
5. Dark Matter (I'm a recent convert for him supporters wise) for Kirby history and possession based fighting. Plus, tons of moveset potential. Plus villain.
4. Aeron for the Oraclos Chain + 4 other weapons. Ultimate tether/chain character focused on controlling spacing. Plus I adore the game.
3. T-Rex Vivosaur for a unique heavyweight character with emphasis on managing Fossil Points to enhance special moves. Plus who doesn't love the Cretaceous period and Jurassic Park 1?
2. Simon Belmont for his great history with Nintendo and great moveset potential. Basically Konami's Mega Man back in the day.
1. Ray from the Custom Robo series. Limitless potential + combo ability for a multi-ranged fighter. Plus, he has 5 games (1999-2006/2007), 6 trophies, several stickers, and an Assist Trophy (the last one is Brawl only though).

Honorable mentions:
  • Ephraim (from FE)
  • Snake (Metal Gear series)
  • Warrior Mech Gauss (you know, from Chōsōjū Mecha MG)
  • Rundas (Metroid Prime 3)
  • Hector (from FE)
  • Andy (Wars)
  • Mach Rider (from Mach Rider)
  • Mike Jones (Startropics)
  • Takamaru (Mysterious Murasame Castle)
  • Goemon (Konami series [he deserves some mention])
  • Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden [Tecmo did a lot for Nintendo recently])
  • Erdrick (Dragon Quest series [I like Enix more than Squaresoft {though I like FF5 more than the other DQ games}])
  • Bartz (from Final Fantasy 5, my favorite Final Fantasy game of all time. Plus he could represent the classic jobs of the FE series.)
  • Mega Man Zero (from the GBA MMZ games, my favorite platformers of ALL time),
  • Bomberman (from Hudson Soft).
  • Etc.

Last edited:

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
Here's my top ten as of right now.

10. Shantae: She seems like a unique character and the only indie on this list. She has magic and transformations at her disposal as well as her hair. I'm not too attached to this character so she isn't really wanted to me as much as others characters

9. Bomberman: This Hudson Soft created character has a wide variety of bombs at his disposal. He also has some gear from Bomberman Hero like jets, helicopter, and underwater traveling. Although a popular Konami choice, I like two other characters from Konami a little more than Bomberman.

8. Sceptile: This grass Pokemon would complete the starter trio and vary the generations of playable Pokemon. This Pokemon could use Pokemon attacks like Solar Beam, Leaf Blade, Energy Ball, Aerial Ace, and much more. He's the only Pokemon I want in as DLC now that Mewtwo is DLC.

7. Issac: He's a different spellsword character from Golden Sun. He would be a character who could "promote" to playable status for his Psynergy techniques that branch into geomancy. He also has Djinn for summoning and would play very different from the Fire Emblem Robin. It would be nice to see him get the same treatment as Little Mac did (Assist Trophy becoming playable).

6. Any Ray model Custom Robo: The Ray line of Custom Robo would fit nicely into Smash and I'd like to see a playable robot from this franchise. Similar to Issac, we have seen a Ray robot as an Assist Trophy. A Ray robot has many weapons at his disposal; guns, pod bombs, leg boosters, and more. A Ray robot would be better utilized as a playable fighter than a being a full fledged fighter stuck as an Assist Trophy.

5. Black Mage: A mage from Final Fantasy who specializes in Black Magic. It would be a stricter magic based fighter than Robin or Zelda. A Black Mage can uses its vast knowledge of Black Magic and rods/staves for a general moveset. As I'm someone who wants a Konami character and a Square Enix character, the Mage would fit the Square half of Square Enix nicely. However, there's somebody from Square Enix I want more than a Black Mage.

4. Simon Belmont: This Belmont and his franchise has a good Nintendo history and he's got a moveset potential to boot. Simon has his iconic whip, subweapons, Item Crushes, and can borrow from other Belmonts if needed. Simon can use the whip for attacks and recovery while subweapons can fill in for specials. Simon is the most likely Belmont to get in if Sakurai considers Castlevania.

3. Solid Snake: He's a Brawl character I like to have back that isn't. Sakurai and team made Solid Snake work nicely in spite of Solid Snake not normally in family friendly titles. Solid Snake has more than just weaponry, he has CQC and that surveillance unit from Metal Gear Solid 2. Camouflage can be used as alternate swaps. Solid Snake is one of the iconic faces of stealth games.

2. King K. Rool: Bowser is in Smash, and so are King Dedede, Ganondorf, and in Brawl, Wolf. The Donkey Kong roster needs another character and Smash needs another villain. King K. Rool does more the fit both a villain and DK character roles. He is a heavy set character who would uses traps and projectiles. This heavily requested character has a moveset just waiting to happen. Some fans would even ask why hasn't he been in Smash at all. This ballot could even mean King K. Rool's finest hour.

1. Bartz Klauser: This character just screams Smash potential. He has the entire Job System of Final Fantasy V (Bartz's appearance) to work with. Black Mage, White Mage, Dragoon, Ninja, Thief, Blue Mage, Mimic, and any other job in Final Fantasy V's Job System. Not only he has the potential to be just own character, but he could be a huge reference other characters in Final Fantasy ranging from possible mimicry of weapons from other characters, to palette swaps that vaguely refers to other protagonists. Nobuo Uematsu could return to the Smash series to even remix some tracks from Final Fantasy V. There is so much that can be done with Bartz. The bias I have behind Bartz is I voted for him on the Smash Ballot and he's my current favorite Final Fantasy protagonist.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Mew
Dr. Eggman
Pichu
Paper Mario
Waluigi
Magolor
Clefairy
oie_transparent (11).png

Bandana Dee
Jirachi
Dark Matter
My reasoning will be added in a little bit, not that you cared anyway :p .

So, on a scale through 1-10, how weird is my list?

Last edited:

Ikiimoni

Smash Rookie
10. Snake - Nintendo intentionally didn't have Snake return because him being in Brawl bumped the rating up to T. He was left out of SSB4 so it could be E10+. The ESRB doesn't rate online content, so Snake could fit in there along with other mature characters like Bayonetta.
9. King K. Rool, Wolf, etc. - Smash Bros. needs more playable villains. (No, not alignment neutral/anti-hero characters like Meta Knight and Wario) All that's really in Smash 4 is Bowser and Ganondorf. It'd be nice to step onto the dark side and play as someone who always fills the role of a serious villain. I don't have a preference for any other than one major one, so all general villains that are popular for DLC like K. Rool and Wolf make this spot.
8. Inkling - Hestitant, but I have to put something here. It's a successful new Nintendo IP, so I guess it makes sense.
7. Something from Square Enix - They hold the rights to Geno and Mallow, and they used to be very friendly with Nintendo. They still are pretty chummy, and Enix blesses Nintendo with Bravely Default games and Theatrythm. I'd like to see anything Square Enix, new (Noctis, Lightning, Tiz, Agnes) or old. (Geno, Mallow, Warrior of Light, Cecil)
6. Impa - She'd be stupid fun to play as, and LoZ doesn't have any new reps this time around, breaking the pattern of LoZ introducing new characters each Smash game.
5. Ridley - I grew up playing Metroid, and I think it's BS that people say Ridley is too big. It's canon that he dies after Samus defeats him in most Metroid games, a clone or etc. replacing him in the next installment. Certain incarnations of Ridley can be compared to Bowser's SSB4 height, so why not?
4. A 'Tales of' Series Rep - Capcom and Namco both worked with Nintendo on SSB4, but Capcom got 2 reps, in Mega Man and Ryu's presences. I'd like to see Namco get a DLC rep for the Tales games, for someone like Lloyd Irving or Luke Fon Fabre.
3. Isaac - I shouldn't have to explain this one, it's kind of obvious.
2. Selection of Indie Characters - Nintendo has some great friends in the indie scene, such as Way Forward and Yacht Club Games. I'd like to see a four pack of Nintendo's best Indie Icons, Shantae, Shovel Knight, Gunvolt and Quote. Quote is my personal favorite of the four, but I think Shantae would fit best in the game out of them.
1. Magolor - From announcement of the game, I was sure Magolor would be in it as a 4th Kirby representative. (No, I don't consider BD Waddle Dee a personal boon, since he's a semi-nameless character.) There were a lot of factors that made me think it, and I was shocked to see that Magolor wasn't in the game. There are characters I personally like more than Magolor, but I think he'd fit best in the game.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
10. Snake - Nintendo intentionally didn't have Snake return because him being in Brawl bumped the rating up to T. He was left out of SSB4 so it could be E10+. The ESRB doesn't rate online content, so Snake could fit in there along with other mature characters like Bayonetta.
This is a misconception, Snake's inclusion actually did not affect the rating of Brawl as it would've likely been T anyways especially since Melee had a T rating also, though his moveset was intentionally based around explosives rather than firearms so as not to affect the rating...Snake's absence in smash 4 was due to Third Party issues not because of his Mature nature in the MGS games...

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
10. Chibi Robo
Chibi's a much underrated character. With him recently getting into platformers I can see him with a strong chance for 5mash if not this one. Would buy instantly.

9. Isaac
Personally, I don't care for Golden Sun. I have a friend who adores him though, which is enough for me to passively support the guy. The look of excitement on their face if they got in would be worth it.

8. Samurai Goroh
The only samurai I want. Falcon's rival oozes with personality and Goroh would be a welcome breath of fresh air to the swordsman category. Was my third biggest want until the AT killed the dream. We NEED a F-Zero revival frankly.

7. Vaati
Honestly my favourite Zelda character. I would of wanted him more than Impa had he got into Hyrule Warriors. I feel he should probably get into that first at this point though. Worried he's fading into obscurity.

6. Meowth
Was my Number 2 want after Toad, but dropped down to this the moment he was revealed as a Pokeball Pokemon. I'd honestly be far more excited to see Meowth in Smash than any of the current Pokemon can hope to reach. A shame Gamefreak/Pokemon Company don't push him forward more despite the anime's popularity.

5. Bandana Waddle Dee
The Toad to Dedede's Peach. Plenty of people like the spear used and it's easy to see why. Return to Dreamland made me a fan personally.

4. Dixie Kong
When female Nintendo characters were being discussed as the focus in Sm4sh, my immediate thought was Dixie Kong. I'd of taken her over nearly any of the other new female characters.

3. Inklings
Yes, yes, Splatoon is brand new. I don't just want them due to successful new IP though; this game is incredibly fun and it'd be nice to see a moveset based around stage control and projectile keep away.

2. Impa
Hyrule Warriors converted me, I'll admit. I didn't care much for her prior to this game, having not played Skyward Sword. But damn, this game converted me hard. By far my favourite female Zelda character now.

1. CAPTAIN TOAD
I'd be fine with regular Toad too, but the Captain offers more in terms of moveset. Some sort of playable Toad is so overdue it's ridiculous though. Unlike Meowth and Goroh, I just can't lower Toad's want in my head...he's going to be the character that makes me explode with hype the most regardless of it's Sm4sh or 5mash...probably even rivaling, nay EXCEEDING, Wario, Diddy, Pokemon Trainer, Sonic and Pac-Man levels for me at this point.

Last edited:

TallT

Smash Apprentice
This is a misconception, Snake's inclusion actually did not affect the rating of Brawl as it would've likely been T anyways especially since Melee had a T rating also, though his moveset was intentionally based around explosives rather than firearms so as not to affect the rating...Snake's absence in smash 4 was due to Third Party issues not because of his Mature nature in the MGS games...
Actually Melee could not be rated E10+ at the time because that rating had not be established yet and a rating of E for everyone would have been to low for a game with violence. However, I still do not know Snake's situation. I wish Sakurai would just come out and comment on it already. Then we could at least know if Snake has a chance or not.

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Updated the OP list again...No change in positioning this time...
10. Banjo & Kazooie - 37 *x2
9. Dixie Kong - 50 *
8. Ice Climbers - 51 *x5
7. Bandanna Dee - 52 *x5
6. Inkling - 62 *
5. Snake - 64 *x2
4. Ridley - 84 *x11
3. Wolf - 86 *x5
2. Isaac - 92 *x7
1. King K Rool - 125 *x13

----

This time I decided to go through the points and see how the top 11-20 are doing...Here they are!

20. Wonder Red - 20 *x2
19. Chibi-Robo - 22 *
18. Bomberman - 23 *
17. Bayonetta - 24
16. Rayman - 24 *
15. Captain Toad/Toad - 25 *x2
14. Paper Mario - 26 *x2
13. Krystal - 28 *
12. Shantae - 32 *
11. Impa - 36

-As you can see Impa is just barely scraping behind Banjo & Kazooie's heels
-Indie pick, Shantae, is the only other character with more than 30 points so far
-I also went ahead and combined the points for Captain Toad and Toad since most people will take either or and some have even voted "Captain Toad/Toad" in their Top 10's anyways...
-There are also more Third parties present here than in the Top 10 with Snake and Banjo & Kazooie being the only two

Last edited:
Top Bottom