• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top 10 Most Wanted Characters for DLC in Smash 4

Crimson23

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0662-3915-4434
10)Viridi
-KI only has two representatives and a useless clone. Come on, Sakurai.
9)Tabuu
-A fighter for the Smash series would be cool
-MASTER HAND VS TABUU, HOLY ****.
-Cut down his size and use his moveset in the SSE. BAM, awesome character.
8)Paula
-Earthbound/Mother could use a third fighter.
-One more female Smasher
-HER PSI IS BETTER THAN NESS' APPARENTLY.
7)Sceptile
-Again, Pokemon doesn't need another representative. But we have a fast Water starter and a powerful Fire starter, so why not an all-around Grass starter?
6)Fredrick
-Okay, how is he NOT here. Weapon triangle conplete for FE, decently popular.
5):popo:(SoPo and SoNa)
-The only reason they cut them was because the 3DS couldn't handle them. But if they introduce Popo by himself with Nana as an alt, problem solved!
4):snake:
-Pretty much just a BADASS.
-They had reasons to cut him, but they have reasons to put him back.
-HE'S SO POPULAR.
-4/20. XD
3)Kirlia
I'd say Gardevoir, but she's in a Pokeball.
-Pokemon may not need another representative, but she'd fit well.
-C'mon, give us one more small Pokemon.
-She's well known
2)Paper Mario
-Confirmed to be not actually the Mario fron the main series
-Has potential to not be a Mario clone
1)Bandana Dee
-He's a main Kirby character now
-For such a huge franchise, the Kirby series needs four characters-The four heroes work perfectly!(Dedede is, at times, a hero)
-KIRBY MAIN CHARACTER FREE FOR ALL!!!
-distinguishable from other Waddle Dees:Shorter,darker, he wears a bandana and weilds a spear.
-Huge moveset potential:See this link for his moveset! http://twishort.com/NDLic
-HE'S JUST SO CUUUUTE.
-Check the Bandana Dee campaign page for more

CardStealer1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CardStealer
3DS FC
2681-0263-6525
10. Ray MK (Custom Robo)
9. Bandana Dee (Kirby)
8. Wolf (StaFax)
7. Declonendorf or Ganon (Legend of Zelda)
( A second moveset for Ganondorf)

6. Rayman (Rayman)
5. Ice Climbers (Ice Climber)
4. Chorus Kids (Rhythm Heaven)
3. King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country)
2. Inkling (Splatoon)
1. Isaac (Golden Sun)

I just want to say, if Saki wasn't an Assist Trophy, he would be my second most wanted.
Maybe SSB5 ;(

I had reasons written for each character but they deleted. :/

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
10. Ray MK (Custom Robo)
9. Bandana Dee (Kirby)
8. Wolf (StaFax)
7. Declonendorf or Ganon (Legend of Zelda)
( A second moveset for Ganondorf)

6. Rayman (Rayman)
5. Ice Climbers (Ice Climber)
4. Chorus Kids (Rhythm Heaven)
3. King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country)
2. Inkling (Splatoon)
1. Isaac (Golden Sun)

I just want to say, if Saki wasn't an Assist Trophy, he would be my second most wanted.
Maybe SSB5 ;(

I had reasons written for each character but they deleted. :/
I like this one, but don't really want a second Ganondorf. I would much prefer them just decloning him next time around. Agreed on Saki by the way. Too many people are moving on to Isa Jo.

CardStealer1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CardStealer
3DS FC
2681-0263-6525
I like this one, but don't really want a second Ganondorf. I would much prefer them just decloning him next time around. Agreed on Saki by the way. Too many people are moving on to Isa Jo.
Totally agree with you. I'm just worried we'll never have a decloned Dorf, so I thought, why not give him an alternate moveset in the same roster slot? Also, on the subject of Saki. I would have put if Isa Jo probably around 5th on my list if he were more likely, but I'm trying to keep my expectations low. Hopefully we just get a Sin and Punishment rep soon. After Sakurai praising the series, taking some inspiration from the series into Kid Icarus, and saying how well Saki would fit into Smash. I can't believe how little S&P content is in the game.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Totally agree with you. I'm just worried we'll never have a decloned Dorf, so I thought, why not give him an alternate moveset in the same roster slot? Also, on the subject of Saki. I would have put if Isa Jo probably around 5th on my list if he were more likely, but I'm trying to keep my expectations low. Hopefully we just get a Sin and Punishment rep soon. After Sakurai praising the series, taking some inspiration from the series into Kid Icarus, and saying how well Saki would fit into Smash. I can't believe how little S&P content is in the game.
As much **** (self-censored, you're welcome mods ;)) as I tend to give Sakurai, he really does try to please fans. Saki is one of those really obscure characters that he probably thinks wouldn't be widely accepted. He also doesn't really fit the retro, or joke character slot, so I think he ends up being left out because of it. It's a shame, but until he gets the support he deserves (or becomes decently relevant) it sadly won't change.

I'd love for Ganondorf to get a new moveset in the same roster spot. That actually sounds pretty cool.

slamsam88

Smash Rookie
10: sceptile
9: captain toad
8: mimpa
7: Isaac
6: wolf
5: shovel Knight
4: Snake
3: bandana dee
2: waluigi
1: king k rool

Last edited:

RosaPeach

Smash Journeyman
1.Rayman
2.Shantae
3.Inkling
4.King K Rool
5.Daisy
6.Chibi Robo
7.Wolf
8.Marshal
9.Lloyd Irving
10.Lana

Last edited:

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
10. Dr. Luigi
9. Knuckles
8. Wolf
7. Pichu
6. Waluigi
5. Zero
4. Protoman
3. Banjo
2. Rayman
1. John Cena

You know what? Heck, I'll even do it.
2015-08-14 18.55.50.png

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
10. Agnes Oblige
9. Neku Sakuraba
8. Dixie Kong
7. Rayman
6. Melia or Elma, if we don't get the #1 character on my list
5. Wonder Red
4. Bandana Waddle Dee
3. Wolf
2. Snake
Mecha-Fiora

Honorable mentions: Bayonetta, Shantae, Professor Layton, Balloon Fighter, Marshal, Isaac, Isa Jo, Impa, some other F-Zero character

I'd say Ice Climbers but at this point with the technical problems I'm not counting on them to return at all.

Last edited:

Andyomon00

Smash Apprentice
NNID
andtomon00
3DS FC
0301-9874-0642
Here's my attempt at this. My top 5 are characters i would have voted for if i had the means, my top 3 are characters that I actually voted for.

1.) Inkling(Splatoon) - The inklings are really unique and colorful, having a lot of potential for interesting moveset unlike anything else in Smash History.(Plus Splatoon is great)

2.) Geno(Super Mario RPG) - We haven't seen Geno since Super Mario RPG, he's the most memorable character in that game and it's a crime that they haven't used since. Also before some yells at me I know Geno belongs to Square, but it isn't like they can't allow Sakurai to use him like how Sega and Capcom allowed their characters to be used.

3.) Impa(Legend of Zelda:Skyward Sword) - While i liked the Hyrule Warriors version of all the character(especially Impa's), i think that the Skyward sword version of her is best. Her design and character in that game are much stronger i feel.

4.) Wonder Red(Wonderful 101) - W101 was the hidden Gem on the WiiU, extremely fun and over the top, and it needs representation.

5.) Krystal(Starfox) - I would love to see how she play differently from the rest of the Starfox reps.

*My bottom 5 I'm not going to bother writing about why I want them*

6.) Ray Mk.3(Custom Robo)

7.) Shantae(Shantae)

8.) Shovel Knight(Shovel Knight)

9.) Tetra(Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker)

10.) Bayonetta(Bayonetta)

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
2.) Geno(Super Mario RPG) - We haven't seen Geno since Super Mario RPG, he's the most memorable character in that game and it's a crime that they haven't used since. Also before some yells at me I know Geno belongs to Square, but it isn't like they can't allow Sakurai to use him like how Sega and Capcom allowed their characters to be used.
He actually made a brief appearance in a mini-game for Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, a few years back. I know it's not enough, nor that it means anything, but I think it's worth mentioning.

Last edited:

Andyomon00

Smash Apprentice
NNID
andtomon00
3DS FC
0301-9874-0642
He actually made a brief appearance in a mini-game for Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, a few years back. I know it's not enough, nor that it means anything, but I think it's worth mentioning.
Really? I didn't know that, that's good to know they didn't forget him.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I wouldn't say a few years back. The game was released 12 years ago for the Gameboy Advance. :pimp:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
1. John Cena
-Each character must have originated from a video game
If you want to vote for him in the Ballot, then by all means, but here I want people to try to follow the rules of the thread for the sake of accuracy...most of the time I just don't count them if they aren't a video game character, but since you put him at number 1, I kinda can't ignore this one...

Is this a typo that's supposed to be Impa? Or are you literally voting for MIMPA (Malaysian Integrated Medical Professionals Association according to Google)? :p
Either way I did count this for Impa, unless it was for another character that I'm not aware of...let me know if it was...

----

In any case....an update....

10. Banjo & Kazooie - 59 *x4
9. Dixie Kong - 75 *x2
8. Bandanna Dee - 92 *x8
7. Ice Climbers - 95 *x10
6. Snake - 103 *x4
5. Ridley - 106 *x14
4. Inkling - 113 *x2
3. Isaac - 137 *x11
2. Wolf - 152 *x12
1. King K Rool - 192 *x20
-Inklings have surged forward with support surpassing Ridley to take the fourth spot! I remember the days when Ridley was number two overall...Ridley fans are slacking....
-In addition to their new placements Inklings have reached over 100 points, Snake has also just scrapped into the 100 points club as well...
-Shantae (53) and Krystal (50) so far are the only other characters with at least 50 points, (Impa's got 49 right now, though)

I've went ahead and edited this graphic to suit the changes...
DLC Top Ten Chart.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

2)Paper Mario
-Confirmed to be not actually the Mario fron the main series
*furrows brows* I actually am very disgruntled by this. Paper Mario's appearance in Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam seems to solidify everything I've been hating about the way the Paper Mario series has been going.
The first Paper Mario game started out as a sequel to Super Mario RPG and after it was decided to use 2D sprites in a 3D environment, it helped prompt them to rebrand the game as 'Paper Mario' to fit the artstyle. But at its core, it was just a Mario RPG. TTYD added a few more 'paper gimmicks' to take advantage of the artstyle but it was still a dang good RPG. But after this game, the developers must have had some misguided revelation that the only good thing about the Paper Mario series was its 'paper gimmicks', and thus Super Paper Mario and Sticker Star were born, mere shadows of the glorious RPG games that came before them.
Furthermore, when you play a Paper Mario game, it's not like people address you as "Paper Mario." You are Mario. In a world represented differently. We don't consider Story Yoshi or Woolly Yoshi or Clay Kirby or Pastel Kirby or Yarn Kirby to all be different characters, do we? As for "Paper" Mario and Mario appearing in one game, we've had that before with time travel, so different dimensions isn't much of a stretch, though it annoys me that they're doing it. Plus, when Mario clones himself with the Double Cherry and then one of him falls to his death, have you ever wondered...which one was the real Mario? : )

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames
10. Amaterasu (Okami) - While I haven't personally played Okami, I have heard others give a convincing argument for her. And come on, wouldn't a fully quadrupedal fighter be really interesting? (pikachu doesn't count =P)

9. Ladd Spencer (Bionic Commando)- Might be a little more obscure, But it would be amazing to have a character like this, whose moveset is sorta ranged with guns, but also Mid-range through his grappling gun arm. Think Snake, but with a cool bionic arm. Sadly Ladd,like Snake, is 3rd party so unless by some miracle we get another Capcom character after Mega Ma- Sorry? Ryu's in the game? Well screw Ladd's chances then.

8. 1080 Snowboarder - Now hear me out. Wouldn't it be fun to smack people with your snowboard while doing tricks in the air? Maybe as a down special you could do a sudden stop and push snow up as a projectile? And just think of how fast his/her horizontal air movement speed would be... at the trade off that he/she wouldn't be able to jump very high. Sound pretty cool to me (badum tsss).

7. Jill (Drill Dozer) - While she was already an assist trophy in brawl, and while Bowser Jr. might have the whole "kid in a vehicle thing" locked down, I still think she would be an insane amount of fun to play as. She even has a really cool Neutral special in her Gear shift ability, a dash attack, and even a few taunts (her reaching out of her suit) already there for developers. I dunno. A really heavy girl seems fun, especially since the closest we ave to a heavy female is Wendy :/.

6. Neku (The world ends with you) - I'm sorry but all I can say is that he's just about the coolest dude. I implore you to look him up, because any explanation I give wouldn't do him justice.

5. Hades - As much as I agree that Sakurai had a KI:U boner when he made this game, I do think that Hades would be a bad ass addition to the roster. He would probably be like a Ganondorf + good humor + magic with mucles... rather then muscles with weird dark energy (sighhhhh).

4. Inkling - Ever since it came out I've been playing Splatoon NON STOP. While of course it has left me less time for smash (:c) but it has also moved this little guy/girl/squid way up from "cool idea I guess" to "F*** yes"
3. Squirtle :squirtle: -Now Charizard is cool and all, but I would really love to see Squirtle with Smash 4 physics behind it. Easily the most fun character in Brawl imo, but only #3 because the #2 character isn't a Pokemon. we don't really neeeed more 'Mons
2. Wolf :wolf: - I'll say it. I suck at brawl. I'm even worse at Project M. But ignoring all that, I still think wolf is probably the more interesting of the 3 space animals. I feel the only reason Falco was cut instead of Wolf Cough Cough... what? Falco was kept instead of Wolf was cuz he's got seniority.

1. Isaac - So many reasons but to save space I'll boil it down to: Interesting magic + sword potential moveset (screw you robin), Unrepresented franchise, Comes from a classic GBA game that is imo probably the best GBA game (sorry pokemon RSE), and finally, Golden Sun needs another game, and Isaac in smash could drum up some talk on the subject

Last edited:

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman
Hm...

10. Waluigi - What can I say, the guy is hilarious. I can imagine him having some very funny and over the top moves

9. Paper Mario - Link has Toon Link, so I think Mario deserves a "toonified" counterpart too. Would be higher on the list if Dr Mario wasn't a thing.

8. Midna - I was thinking more Imp Midna, since I personally feel 3 would be a crowd with yet another princess. I reckon she'd be a character we're yet to see in the game.

7. Cloud Strife - I know this is one of the more unlikely choices, but certainly not impossible. It's not like Nintendo have a horrible relationship with Square Enix or anything.

6. Bomberman - C'mon, this should be self-explanatory. Bomberman is just boss and would bring a great move set to the table.

5. Hoenn Pokemon Trainer - probably an unheard of choice here, but this would be a cool way to resurrect Pokemon Trainer and include a set of three new characters, obviously those being the gen 3 starters

4. Raiden - I know, the guy ain't popular, but he could maybe be a clone of Snake and bring back Snakes move set whilst bringing a fresh looking character to the table. I guess I'm just not a fan of recycled characters being brought back via the Ballot when it can be an opportunity for something new. Aaaanyways, moving on.

3. Tails the Fox - Can't go wrong with another Sonic character and I think Tails would be the best choice for a unique move set.

2. Fawful - what can I say, I just love everything about this guy. Definitely one of my favourite villains of all time. He'd be an unpredictable character for sure.

1. Krystal - Yes, I know, she gets very mixed opinions and as someone who loves this character might be SLIGHTLY biased, however, the game needs more females and I think she'd be the perfect choice. Because she's a telepath staff wielder, not the most common combination, I do think she'd bring a great move set to the game as well.

Last edited:

Mental Surge

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GisR FTG
3DS FC
4098-5877-7114
Can't really think of ten however,

Midna: The only Zelda character I would like to be added as she is one of my favorite characters in the Zelda franchise. She also has a lot of potential for a unique and interesting kit.

Vivi: Love the black mage model, he could have a really interesting ability set, and he would be a rep for FF.

Galacta Knight: Love this character, and designing him could be extremely easy seeing as how he could be a semi-clone of meta knight. Though I seriously doubt he will ever be included, and I agree that there are many more character that deserve it more.

Krystal: the potential for a non clone starfox character, and another female character.

Ridley: Another heavy character, another villain, and another Metroid rep. I also don't understand the reasoning behind him not been playable as of right now, when he's already playable (or was) in P:M. Also, size has never been very consistent in Smash, so why does it have to be in the case of Ridley?

Geno: A great character from a great game, and the only mario character that doesn't seem at all like a mario character. He's a fan favorite, and would easily be one of the more interesting characters in the game.

Shantae: A strong female character that has a ton of potential for an interesting ability kit, and has the developers supporting her to be in Smash. She's also the protagonist of a game series that has had every installment be on an Nintendo console, and has been with Nintendo for over 10 years. She would add so much to smash.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I admittedly have three characters for my number one spot, but I do have an overall top ten.
10. Chibi Robo: I haven't played any of his games, but he would be a pretty fun character to play as in Smash.
9. A 2nd Sonic character: I am a Sonic fan and I wouldn't mind having a second character from the franchise; Tails, Knuckles, and Eggman are my preferred choices.
8. Dixie Kong: I've played Tropical Freeze and she helped me get through a lot of the difficult stuff in that game. I also like how she can be unique by attacking with her hair.
7. King K. Rool: Mainly because he would be a unique choice and I have a friend whose most wanted newcomer is King K. Rool; I want him in for his sake.
6. Captain Toad: His game on the Wii U was pretty solid and Toad is one of the main Mario characters. His appearance is long overdue and his game presents some overall fun mechanics for him in Smash.
5. Wolf: Out of all the Brawl cuts, I was devastated by Wolf's cut the most. He was the most fun to play as out of the Star Fox trio and I do like Wolf as a character. I hope that he returns because if he does, the roster is pretty complete in my eyes.
4. Amaterasu: I am a massive fan of Okami and she has a lot of moveset potential with her Celestial Brush and different types of weapons, such as her shield, rosary, and glaive.

I had a hard time choosing an absolute number one, so my picks are:
1. Bomberman: He was a part of my childhood and I was mystified when I saw that he wasn't in the original Smash. I think that he has earned his spot, but getting it is going to be difficult for him.
1. Phoenix Wright: I've recently played the original Trilogy and Dual Destinies and they are all amazing visual novels, presenting great stories and amazing writing; Phoenix is a very well-written character in the series. It also helps that his appearance in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 makes me want to play as him in Smash. Why wouldn't I want to use this move as his Final Smash?
1. Bandana Dee: One of my Elite Four from the days of speculation and I was disappointed by the lack of content from the newer Kirby games (only a few songs and trophies? not even a stage from Returns to Dream Land?). Not only do I love how unique he can be with his spear, but I enjoy him as a character within his series.

Updated again:

1. King K. Rool
2. Bandana Dee
3. Wolf
4. Ridley
5. Black Mage
6. Captain Toad
7. Bomberman
8. Gengar
9. Kamek
10. Magolor

Honorable mention: Meowth

Changes:
- Captain Toad added to 6th place
- Kamek and Magolor both fell one place
- Meowth fell out of the list
- Gengar fell four places due to not being likely for either Smash 4 DLC or Smash 5
- Ridley and Black Mage rose one place

FangedSniper

Smash Apprentice
I'll take a stab at this:

10: Snake. Haven't played a single MGS game ever, but it feels wrong to not have him in.
9: Sceptile. Best hoenn starter, and i love the guy.
8: King K Rool. I have a different DK choice, but he'd be a blast to play.
7: Wolf. CANT LET YOU DO THAT STAR FOX
6: Porky. Earthbound, Villain, unique abilities, WHATS NOT TO LOVE
5: Inkling. Now we're getting real, kids.
4: Captain Toad. I love the little guy, and he'd be a tiny heavyweight!
3: Banjo-Kazooie. I'm a rareware fanatic, I really want this but I know it's impossible.
2. Cranky Kong. Remember what I said back at number 8? this is him. ever since DKC1 Cranky kong has been an omnipresent force in the DK series, and Tropical Freeze shows how he can play. BRING HIM IN
1: Bandana Dee. "Deesus loves me this I know, for the Bible tells me so!" also
I MADE THAT

Honorable mention goes to Tingle. Kooloo limpah, *******

Ascended

Smash Ace
10) Cloud Strife
Why: Final Fantasy is my all time favorite video game franchise, with FF7 being one of my favorite games ever (even though 8 is my favorite in the series.) Cloud is a huge favorite of mine and I think he'd fit right in with all the other icons.

9) Wolf
Why: I love Star Fox and I loved Wolf's moveset. I just want him to come back.

8) Ice Climbers
Why: I love ice powers, they were fun to play as in Brawl, and they shouldn't have been cut.

7) Red
Why: I think it would be cool to play as the character you actually play as in Pokemon. He could have a moveset using the tools and items from the game, or he could incorporate Pokemon into all of his moves.

6) King K. Rool
Why: I'm sympathetic to the Donkey Kong and K. Rool fans, and I think it would be cool to have another villain and a Gangplank Galleon Stage.

5) Shovel Knight
Why: An excellent game, and it debuted on Nintendo platforms first (Technically it debuted on the PC as well). Also I think he'd be fun to play as.

4) Inkling
Why: Splatoon is awesome, I love the girl Inkling's design, and I think Splatoon could become a major franchise for Nintendo in the future, so if not DLC then she definitely should be a necomer for the fifth game.

3) Isaac
Why: Golden Sun was a huge part of my childhood. I loved Mario RPG, Chrono Trigger, and the Final Fantasies at the time, and Golden Sun was not only the first Game Boy Advance game I got, it was also the first handheld game to get me to take handheld gaming seriously. Plus, I think he's a cool character and they could do a lot of cool things with his Earth magic and the Djinn.

2) Krystal
Why: I love Star Fox, and I actually really liked Adventures, Assault, and Command, with Assault being my favorite in the series. I'm looking forward to Star Fox Zero, but I'm also worried that it'll ignore the previous three games in the series, and Krystal along with them. I really like the character and think that something cool could be done with her staff.

1) Ridley
Why: I just think he's awesome, but I also like the Metroid games and I'm also sympathetic to the Ridley fans, ans I feel he was the most requested character from the Western fanbase and they got totally shafted. (At least Sakurai isn't actively making fun of Ridley like he is with Chrom, poor Chrom fans.)

Crimson23

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0662-3915-4434
Updated:
1)Bandana Dee
2)Snake
3)Ice Climbers (as SoPo and SoNa so 3DS can have them)
4)Wolf
5)Paula
6)Sceptile
7)Tetra
8)Sora
9)Ninten
10)Inklings
I'd put Jeff here but he's an assist trophy.

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Putting an asterisk isn't mandatory, as long as it's clear the order of your list then I can tally up the order accordingly...
After tallying the score I award the character the * to signify that it got first place on your list that counts towards it's final score...

Last edited:

Crimson23

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0662-3915-4434
Putting an asterisk isn't mandatory, as long as it's clear the order of your list then I can tally up the order accordingly...
After tallying the score I award the character the * to signify that it got first place on your list that counts towards it's final score...
Ah. Thanks for making that clear.

weebbby

Smash Rookie
Yes this is my first post on this site. Hi people.

10. Tom Nook
9. Delphox
8. Pokemon Trainer (XY)
7. Midna
6. Inkling, a great choice considering how it was really recent, and also they are pretty cool
5. Riki, I haven't played any of these games, but this character is just so awesome
4. Yooka-Laylee, I mean it's very unlikely especially without the game coming until Oct 2016, but awesome characters for a game that will probably be awesome should be here
3. Fi, I know she is an unpopular Zelda character, but I always thought she was a good character
2. Krystal, amazing option for more Star Fox representation
1. Banjo-Kazooie, my favorite game ever, to go along with some of the best characters ever

Honorable Mentions (no order):
Waluigi/Toad (Mario)
Wolf/Slippy/Peppy (Star Fox)
Brittany/Charlie/Louie/President (Pikmin)
Toon Zelda (The Legend of Zelda)
There are probably lots of others, but I'm too lazy to think of who they might be.

This was a hard list to make, only the top two were really easy to put on here.

EDIT 1: Just added a few honorable mentions

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I admittedly have three characters for my number one spot, but I do have an overall top ten.
10. Chibi Robo: I haven't played any of his games, but he would be a pretty fun character to play as in Smash.
9. A 2nd Sonic character: I am a Sonic fan and I wouldn't mind having a second character from the franchise; Tails, Knuckles, and Eggman are my preferred choices.
8. Dixie Kong: I've played Tropical Freeze and she helped me get through a lot of the difficult stuff in that game. I also like how she can be unique by attacking with her hair.
7. King K. Rool: Mainly because he would be a unique choice and I have a friend whose most wanted newcomer is King K. Rool; I want him in for his sake.
6. Captain Toad: His game on the Wii U was pretty solid and Toad is one of the main Mario characters. His appearance is long overdue and his game presents some overall fun mechanics for him in Smash.
5. Wolf: Out of all the Brawl cuts, I was devastated by Wolf's cut the most. He was the most fun to play as out of the Star Fox trio and I do like Wolf as a character. I hope that he returns because if he does, the roster is pretty complete in my eyes.
4. Amaterasu: I am a massive fan of Okami and she has a lot of moveset potential with her Celestial Brush and different types of weapons, such as her shield, rosary, and glaive.

I had a hard time choosing an absolute number one, so my picks are:
1. Bomberman: He was a part of my childhood and I was mystified when I saw that he wasn't in the original Smash. I think that he has earned his spot, but getting it is going to be difficult for him.
1. Phoenix Wright: I've recently played the original Trilogy and Dual Destinies and they are all amazing visual novels, presenting great stories and amazing writing; Phoenix is a very well-written character in the series. It also helps that his appearance in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 makes me want to play as him in Smash. Why wouldn't I want to use this move as his Final Smash?
1. Bandana Dee: One of my Elite Four from the days of speculation and I was disappointed by the lack of content from the newer Kirby games (only a few songs and trophies? not even a stage from Returns to Dream Land?). Not only do I love how unique he can be with his spear, but I enjoy him as a character within his series.
Normally I don't mind ties, but I'd like there to be a single number 1 pick...I gave it to Bandana Dee if you're not going to mind...

----

Another thing I'm noticing a lot from people...

'I would've added <insert NPC> but they are an Assist Trophy'

This shouldn't really determine whether or not you actually want the character or not? That's not the point of this thread, it isn't about their chances...

----

Anyways another update...
Other than some points the only change is Bandana Dee has overtaken the Ice Climbers...
King K Rool is closing in on the 200 point milestone however...
10. Banjo & Kazooie - 66 *x5
9. Dixie Kong - 76 *x2
8. Ice Climbers - 96 *x10
7. Bandanna Dee - 98 *x10
6. Snake - 104 *x5
5. Ridley - 117 *x15
4. Inkling - 121 *x2
3. Isaac - 142 *x12
2. Wolf - 161 *x12
1. King K Rool - 196 *x20

One of these days (aka When I'm not lazy) I'm going to go through the list and showcase the Top 50 characters (or whatever number works out nicely), I'm sure not everyone wants the Top 10 and unless we get one or two of these characters confirmed it isn't likely going to change anytime soon...

MasterOfZoroark

Smash Rookie
NNID
MasterOfZoroark
3DS FC
2165-8685-8074
The top seven I listed are the ones I really want to be added in the most, 10-8 were ones I thought about carefully just to fill in the last few spots. Anyways, here's my list:

10. Ice Climbers (Ice Climber)
9. Monita (Nintendo Land)
8. Snake (Metal Gear Solid)
7. Professor Layton (Professor Layton)
6. Pichu (Pokemon)
5. King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country)
4. Groose (The Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword)
3. Wolf (Star Fox)
2. Paper Mario (Paper Mario)
1. Banjo and Kazooie (Banjo-Kazooie)

Honorable Mentions:
Meowth (Pokemon), Krystal (Star Fox), Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog), Magolor (Kirby's Return To Dreamland), Bandanna Dee (Kirby)

Last edited:

SpiritofSpeed

Smash Cadet
My current most wanted, in no particular order:

1. Banjo and Kazooie
2. Shantae
3. King K. Rool
4. Wolf
5. Snake
6. Paper Mario
7. Captain Toad
8. Krystal
9. Inklings
10. Ice Climbers

All are characters that have a good chance of getting in the game.

Douglas Jay Ganon

Smash Apprentice
10. Shadow the Hedgehog.
9. Ridley
8. Wolf.
7. Zero.
6. Shovel Knight.
5. The Hoenn starter Pókemon (Blaziken, Sceptile and Swampert). I don't care who, but one. (I'd rather have Swampert, but all of them are awesome tho).
4. Bayonneta.
3. Simon Belmont.
2. Isaac.
1. Sylux.

Last edited:

Children0fTheStars

Smash Apprentice
A handful of these characters, mainly the lower ones on the list, I admit are basically impossible. I'm probably only including them so that I have a list of ten... but I'll still justify them.

10. Liu Kang - Yeah, I know. A Mortal Kombat rep that isn't one of the two ninja icons. The thing is, Liu Kang was originally MK's main hero and protagonist even if he wasn't as well known as the two of them. If a Mortal Kombat rep was anywhere near the realm of possibility, I just think he'd be fitting thanks to Street Fighter's Ryu having made it into Smash as well; they're somewhat similar characters (and the two going against each other would be awesome to see). Besides, Liu Kang has traditionally been the sole non-violent fighter of MK as a Shaolin monk, so his identity doesn't revolve around blood and gore like almost everyone else. Even one of his Fatalities could be safely used as a FS without gore; either his Cartwheel Kick, Flaming Fist, or dragon transformation.

9. Spike - The player character from Ape Escape 1 back on the PS. No way this guy's happening, I admit; he's pretty unknown except to the most hardcore of Sony fans. But Ape Escape was one of the oldest 3D platformers I've played and the game has a special place in my heart. His moveset would be pretty cool; there's a lot to choose from with all the gadgets you have in the game.

8. Kitana - I know, another MK rep. She's just been one of my favorites from the series as a female ninja in blue that attacks with fans. She'd be a strong female character to include (if the sky was the limit) and, similarly to Liu Kang, doesn't have to be bloody and mature.

7. Lara Croft - To clarify: This would be the classic Lara Croft. The character from the first game up to TR: Underworld; NOT the rebooted Lara. Aside from me liking her traditional characterization and personality way more, Classic Lara is ironically more family-friendly than the modern character; her games weren't excessively bloody or mature, with the exception of Angel of Darkness which was a game with a lot of problems anyway. Only Underworld gets pretty serious. Other than that, she's a cheery heroine and could definitely fit in when Solid Snake's already been present. But she's pretty unlikely all the same; her franchise has had very little presence on Nintendo's systems, and she's now owned by Squeenix.

6. Lee Sin, the Blind Monk* - See character entry below.

5. Nidalee, the Bestial Huntress - Yeah, I'm listing two League of Legends champions. Now, please calm down, I don't think they're actually happening in the foreseeable future. They're both purely theoretical. Lee Sin and Nidalee are two of my favorite champions of LoL and if anything was possible I'd certainly pick them. My quick explanation for Lee Sin is basically the same as Liu Kang's, another martial artist like Ryu plus he's a pretty cool character with an interesting backstory. As for Nidalee, I quickly came to like her as a character because of how she's basically an homage to World of Warcraft's Night Elf druids, specifically cat druids and the Night elf race having feral, female warriors for their army. She honestly could fit into Smash especially if transformations were still supported as her gimmick is being able to turn herself into a cougar for melee combat, while in her human form she wields a javelin spear and has limited healing magic. She also has a really fun playstyle and personality in League that could easily transition over to Smash Bros. Also another strong female fighter.

4. Shadow - This wouldn't actually be a DLC character, not for this current Smash... but I want to bring him up. He'd be cool to see in a future Smash if he could get promoted from Assist Trophy. Should Sakurai design him correctly, he would just barely be a semi-clone of Sonic. He'd bring a lot of new things with his Chaos powers, and even his FS wouldn't have to be a copy; it could be a powerful, time-slowing Chaos Control with possible status effects added (dizziness, increased knockback, etc). Sadly, the downsides of Shadow would be him being similar in appearance to Sonic (and the same animal type) and would be slightly redundant as the second rep. Needless to say, the character's also a salt magnet.

3. Krystal - This is kind of an odd one for me because I'm not some kind of hardcore Krystal fan. I'm also not a furry. But I do think Krystal would be a nice additional rep for the SF series. Adventures, and to a lesser extent Assault, were mostly quality games that get somewhat unfair treatment. And I look at Krystal as a better character than just being "the token female"; she has a neat backstory and personality (in Adventures and Assault only...), she'd be an additional female fighter, and her moveset could be heavily based on Adventures, redeeming her lacking playable role in that game. However, like Shadow, she's a salt magnet ("ROFL ONLY FURRIES LIKE KRYSTAL") and her future for the SF series is up in the air with Zero coming out as a re-telling of SF64. I'd also wonder if her physical appearance in Smash would be a little odd... the SF characters are all very short, but in the SF games, Krystal kind of seems like she's tall. A Krystal the same size as the others compared to the taller characters might look weird, but that's just a minor thing.

2. Knuckles - Between Knuckles and Shadow, among my favorite characters of the franchise, I'd grant that Knuckles would be a better idea if Sega were to get an additional rep. He's one of the most classic characters, he's a natural fighter and it'd be easy to make a moveset for him. He could also bring a lot of cool/funny music to the game, and maybe even an additional stage. I also would want Knuckles to make it in because of the fact that he's been mostly abandoned by Sega (along with basically every other additional protagonist not named Tails); it'd be only fair for Knuckles to make a prominent comeback to being playable again even if it's in something like Smash. Sadly, even this guy has a major downside; if Sonic gets another rep, I have an uneasy feeling that it's almost guaranteed to be Tails. Because Tails is another classic, but has always been the "main sidekick" and is seen as the Luigi of the series (which is something I dispute, but whatever). I wouldn't mind Tails per se, but he would make me a little sad because of how it would mean that Knuckles wouldn't get a chance. I feel like Tails would thematically fit more as an Assist Trophy, especially since his role in his own series has diminished to being a voice from the sidelines.

As for the only character I'm really hoping could be given a chance and would be the only possible DLC I'm holding out for:

1. Shantae - Yes, this controversial choice.

I was introduced to Shantae by happening to catch a thread discussing her possible inclusion in Smash somewhere several months ago. Looking her up sparked my interest, and I found out that it was an "indie" platformer series that started with something of a cult following and grew into a pretty popular and beloved franchise. Curious, I eventually went and bought Shantae: Risky's Revenge having heard good reports about the games. The gameplay grew on me quickly, and the character herself was just so likable as a cute, female, half-genie. Bought the sequel, Pirate's Curse, shortly thereafter. I quickly saw why people were calling her perfect as a Smash character, and she's my vote on the Ballot.

Shantae brings a lot of things to the table: She's a dancing half-genie with hair attacks (along with basic hand-to-hand combat to make use of) and magic spells, she's another prominent female protagonist with plenty of personality (which what makes this important is that Samus is still the only character that qualifies as one on the roster... and even Zero Suit Samus is actually an iteration of Samus that's only had a meaningful playable role in one game, Zero Mission, and even that wasn't much), she can work as the primary "indie" rep as Nintendo has wanted to work with indie developers for some time, the Shantae franchise's main presence has been on Nintendo's systems (and is planned for localization in Japan in the future; that said, the games are available on PC there), and she has the perfect setup for any number of movesets. If they decide to give certain DLC characters stages and Ryu wasn't just a very special case, there are plenty of choices for that as well along with music from the Shantae series.

Her inclusion wouldn't just be a major bone to throw to her fan following and WayForward; it would also mean more people being exposed to the series which is easily available on PC or the eShop for them to try out. And there's the fact that her next game, Half-Genie Hero, is coming out this year (at the earliest), a Wii U port included. And on that note, Shantae and the Pirate's Curse has repeatedly been one of the eShop's best-sellers.

I'm putting indie in quotes because of how WayForward's, and the franchise's, status as indie is disputable. Technically, all "indie" means is something developed and published by an independent studio. It doesn't automatically mean low-budget or obscure. I'm saying this because it's a label that tends to be viewed in a negative light. However, whether or not they're indie, it's worth noting that WayForward being a smaller developer (and especially one with a good history and relationship with Nintendo) would mean few problems with licensing the IP compared to major third-party additions.

(I will admit however; one influential factor in making me decide to support her is that she's a character suggestion that hipsters around the internet get pissed off over; it would make my day if the people believing she has no fanbase and are afraid of her "taking" their own character's spot were all shown up by this actually happening)

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
New list

10. Ninten
9. Wolf
8. Young Link
7. Daisy
6. Bomberman
5. Paper Mario