• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

To Those Who Favor Brawl, Let's Finally Admit It...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kal

Smash Champion
I traded my copy of Brawl for Twilight Princess. Never played it before. Hope it's good..
I'd say it's an ok Zelda game. Really, the story feels less than epic and somewhat convoluted, and the main bad-guy shows up at the end in a sort of random fashion. The Wii controls feel hacked on, and right-handed Link is a letdown. I'd rate the Wii version an 8.5/10 and the GCN version an 8.7/10.

It is sadly one of the only worthwhile Wii titles.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
I love it. I don't get nitpicky with weird storylines (not saying that Kal is) I just play the game and as long as the plot isn't predictable I appreciate whatever happens next. I thought the plot and the whole idea of twilight and whatnot was genius. The fact that G-Dorf came in real late in the game did bother me a bit though.

LilWeegi

Smash Cadet
i know this thread is kinda way off topic now but F*** it ill say why i like brawl better than melee

Brawl has nicer graphics, more characters, and a c-stick;) i use the c-stick viciously it allows you to be so much more agressive with out having to mash a and directions rapidly, can i do that... yes but i don't want to. Wigi got better from melee to brawl IMO they are both great chars and he was good in ssb 64 also. brawl has wifi and i can play people out side of my house, im sick of dominating every 1 i know because i am god compaired 2 any one i play in person out side of tournies. I LIKE THE FD LIP! it plays more into strategy... if your gonna run into ddds mouth hes gonna walk off and punish you, if your lucario you can keep an off stage attack going by grabbing the lip or use it to F*** with there strategy, no wavedashing in brawl... i hated wave dashing it's to me a glitch that makes every character able to have amazing speed, and when bowser can wave dash as fast as wigi runnin away it seems buggish or glitchy, the DI in brawl is easier to do so there is more intense matches with high % lives... better sound effects... melees where all very annoying id play with my ipod on, i like that they nerfed the spacies because imo the shield and shiners where way to good and they and marth F***in dominated brawl, plus ganon was way to fast, not every character could be good like they can be in brawl, like every one in brawl is amazing if you use them right... if you were good and put 2 months out to get used to any character you can be as good with that char as you are with your main, in melee there was a much bigger gap between marth/spacies to other characters... and i know all you are gonna b**** the new FD is G** wave dashing was awesome, DIng was easy if you where good or Look at MK and snake and DDD.... look at them, snake is SLOW he is heavy and has a nice ranged arsenal and great close range combat, bit he's out matched in the air by a LOT of characters and he's slow like i said, all of his attacks are easily avoided, and the snake dash can be rolled into if timed correctly and in wigi's case FIREPUNCH DEATH!... let the flame begin i've got my invincible brawl flame shield

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
i know this thread is kinda way off topic now but F*** it ill say why i like brawl better than melee

Brawl has nicer graphics, more characters, and a c-stick;) i use the c-stick viciously it allows you to be so much more agressive with out having to mash a and directions rapidly, can i do that... yes but i don't want to. Wigi got better from melee to brawl IMO they are both great chars and he was good in ssb 64 also. brawl has wifi and i can play people out side of my house, im sick of dominating every 1 i know because i am god compaired 2 any one i play in person out side of tournies. I LIKE THE FD LIP! it plays more into strategy... if your gonna run into ddds mouth hes gonna walk off and punish you, if your lucario you can keep an off stage attack going by grabbing the lip or use it to F*** with there strategy, no wavedashing in brawl... i hated wave dashing it's to me a glitch that makes every character able to have amazing speed, and when bowser can wave dash as fast as wigi runnin away it seems buggish or glitchy, the DI in brawl is easier to do so there is more intense matches with high % lives... better sound effects... melees where all very annoying id play with my ipod on, i like that they nerfed the spacies because imo the shield and shiners where way to good and they and marth F***in dominated brawl, plus ganon was way to fast, not every character could be good like they can be in brawl, like every one in brawl is amazing if you use them right... if you were good and put 2 months out to get used to any character you can be as good with that char as you are with your main, in melee there was a much bigger gap between marth/spacies to other characters... and i know all you are gonna b**** the new FD is G** wave dashing was awesome, DIng was easy if you where good or Look at MK and snake and DDD.... look at them, snake is SLOW he is heavy and has a nice ranged arsenal and great close range combat, bit he's out matched in the air by a LOT of characters and he's slow like i said, all of his attacks are easily avoided, and the snake dash can be rolled into if timed correctly and in wigi's case FIREPUNCH DEATH!... let the flame begin i've got my invincible brawl flame shield
You sound like a 12 year old "BRAWL HAS TEH NICER GRAPHICS, AND MOAR CARAKTERS WIT TEH C STICK!"

You hate wavedashing because you probably aren't good at it

Wanna talk about glitches? brawl just came out and already has more than melee -_-

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
You sound like a 12 year old "BRAWL HAS TEH NICER GRAPHICS, AND MOAR CARAKTERS WIT TEH C STICK!"

Hahahaha XD So true.
And I dont see how people cant be "good" at wavedashing. ._.
Its simple button input.
Unless you cant do that.

-Big_-Blue 9

Smash Journeyman

Wanna talk about glitches? brawl just came out and already has more than melee -_-
*sigh* its times like these that make me YEARN for the SNES Era.

LilWeegi

Smash Cadet
since when is nicer graphics and more characters not a nice spec of a game? game play is king in my opinion but when you have fundamentally the same game with a few slight things not in melee and a few new things every 1 thinks brawl is awful, and it really isn't every one is just so far down on melees **** they can't stop riding it and realize hey maybe there is opportunity in brawl, and we should instead of ***** about how bad brawl is an return it 2 go back to melee, try getting good at brawl it's the new thing so you might as well, because no matter how much you hate it and for what ever reasons there won't be to many melee tournies if any in a year from now, people will have moved on and if you don't there's gonna be no point in it so your gonna give up a great game because your to stubborn to move on

i guess i understand my opinion and don't quite know why people hate brawl so much, i didn't wanna read all the whining in the why brawl sucks threads, so suspect you seem to be an adamant **** rider of melee, just sell me on why melee is better than brawl in 1 post

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
since when is nicer graphics and more characters not a nice spec of a game? game play is king in my opinion but when you have fundamentally the same game with a few slight things not in melee and a few new things every 1 thinks brawl is awful, and it really isn't every one is just so far down on melees **** they can't stop riding it and realize hey maybe there is opportunity in brawl, and we should instead of ***** about how bad brawl is an return it 2 go back to melee, try getting good at brawl it's the new thing so you might as well, because no matter how much you hate it and for what ever reasons there won't be to many melee tournies if any in a year from now, people will have moved on and if you don't there's gonna be no point in it so your gonna give up a great game because your to stubborn to move on

i guess i understand my opinion and don't quite know why people hate brawl so much, i didn't wanna read all the whining in the why brawl sucks threads, so suspect you seem to be an adamant **** rider of melee, just sell me on why melee is better than brawl in 1 post
I really wish you'd use a period. I've been trying to read all of these posts, but your's are quite the challenge.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion

Your **** rider for calling me one and for defending brawl like that, don't try to be cool on the internet.

One post in why melee is better than brawl? Ok ill also give it to you in one word

OPINION -_-

lol can't believe u called me a **** rider, when im not. **** riding is what you're doing with luigi. You're all on his nuts

Corigames

Smash Hero
LilWeegi:

Because people like you are now in control of the community as long as Brawl is the "main event."

Melee was faster. Fast is always exciting. You wanna argue that? Melee had edge-of-your-seat action. Brawl doesn't.

Melee had more tech. The skill gap between good and bad players was large and evident. Brawl doesn't.

Melee is more balanced. There were 5-6 overused characters as compared to 2.

Melee's Samus wasn't ****. Brawl's Samus sucks.

Learn to use a period.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Not ok. If you are confusing homonyms, it sometimes makes it hard to understand what you are saying. This is especially true when you make mistakes frequently.

It should kill people to hit SHIFT every once in a while either. What's the difference between typing in this little box and in MSword? Do you really have different typing habits depending on what application you are using? Do you?

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
Not ok. If you are confusing homonyms, it sometimes makes it hard to understand what you are saying. This is especially true when you make mistakes frequently.

It should kill people to hit SHIFT every once in a while either. What's the difference between typing in this little box and in MSword? Do you really have different typing habits depending on what application you are using? Do you?
Who are you talking to?

Corigames

Smash Hero
Kill everyone who looks at me weird or says something I don't like?

That's been my plan from the start.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
LilWeegi:

Because people like you are now in control of the community as long as Brawl is the "main event."

Melee was faster. Fast is always exciting. You wanna argue that? Melee had edge-of-your-seat action. Brawl doesn't.

Melee had more tech. The skill gap between good and bad players was large and evident. Brawl doesn't.

Melee is more balanced. There were 5-6 overused characters as compared to 2.

Melee's Samus wasn't ****. Brawl's Samus sucks.

Learn to use a period.
Too many blanket statements in this post... should I even bother posting in this thread anymore if this is the only thing it's going to produce?

EvonJ

Smash Cadet
"Edge-of-your-seat action."

Hmm.

This thread has had some really funny quotes.

Iron Thorn

Smash Lord
Going to Gamelon. I'm taking the Triforce of Spag
LilWeegi, you're making us Brawl lovers look like complete *******. Shut thine speaking orifice, I pray.

I prefer Brawl to Melee because:
- In Melee, I never touched anybody but Zelda/Sheik and I was very limited. However, in Brawl I got some additional mains (wolf, Metaknight, Pit) and lots of secondaries, and therefore have more fun playing 'cause I have more toys.
- The graphics are nicer, sue me. I'm an artist, my eyes are complete sluts.
- My favorite character not only got buffed, but she got a makeover as well. She's much more beautiful now and looks less like a Peach clone.
- The challenge wall, as well as the sticker and trophy collection, give me something to work at, instead of level friggin' 9 computers day in and day out.
- The online blows, true, but at least I'm playing against real people; since my bro is elsewhere and my sister "outgrew" games, I don't have anyone to play with offline unless I have my friends come over.
- Bottom line is: Brawl is more fun FOR ME and keeps MY attention longer. Then again, I play a lot of 1 player cso I guess I am uber biased.

EvonJ

Smash Cadet
I actually enjoy the music in Brawl a lot more than melee too (you bring up a good point about your eye sluts) because my ear sluts do dig the music.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Because you're stating your opinions as facts? Yeah, because that's fair...
Well, you said you weren't going to post anymore if this is how it's going to be... and this is how all of smashboards is going to be. But, of course, here you are still posting.

znintendotaku

Smash Journeyman
i agree especialy the part with the FOR ME and MY opinions....
melee fans need to learn when to shut up and play there personal preference of SMASH instead of *****ing about ours...

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
Ok let me say this

Im not saying brawl sucks, i just prefer melee and ssb64 >_>

We all have our opinions

BUT IM NOT! one of those melee people *****ing about how brawl is stealing melee scene. I could care less im still playing what i want to play.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Well, you said you weren't going to post anymore if this is how it's going to be... and this is how all of smashboards is going to be. But, of course, here you are still posting.
"Should I even bother posting in this thread anymore if this is the only thing it's going to produce?"

These were my exact words. I never said I was going to stop posting. As I said, you're stating your opinions as facts:

Fast isn't always exciting for everyone. I'd rather watch a close baseball game that ends with a squeeze play in the bottom of the 9th than a Nascar race any day of the week.

Snake and Metaknight aren't the only overused characters and aren't the only characters winning tournaments. Characters like Mr. Game and Watch, King Dedede, and Marth are highly ranked.

Again, where is this evidence that "newbs" are kicking the crap out of professionals?

Really, from the looks of things, you're just rehashing stuff that other people have said without giving any genuine thought to it which is why threads like this always turn out this way.

Corigames

Smash Hero
I want to go to a Melee tourny. I want to host a Melee tourny. You know what makes this impossible, when everyone gains hive mind and says, "Yes, we agree that Melee is better, but everyone else is playing Brawl so we will too." Then no one participates because no one wants to be that one guy standing out from the crowed.

It also hurts that the game is so popular that Atomic Comics have a tournament every weekend, so everyone wants to go to a corporate tourny instead of one ran out of a house or something. It's BS. Then you get the excuses like, "But now I'm rusty at Melee," "I was never good at the game," or "I don't want to go back now that I'm playing Brawl." If you truly like Melee more, then please play. Please. It's killing me being the only person in an entire state that wants to play this game. You sit there, playing Brawl miserably because that's where the majority of the community is? Well ****.

/rant

Stroupes

Smash Lord
I would still play Melee, despite everyone's fear of being "different."
That's pretty stupid of them.

JusticeWillPrevail

Smash Cadet
uhhh i prefer Brawl since I like a lot of the new characters. Pit, Ike, Snake, Metaknight, Pokemon Trainer, Sonic, Lucas. They make me like Brawl better than Melee. Not since I do better in Brawl, or worse in Melee or whatever.

JrdnS

Smash Ace
even though im an 08' joiner ive been playing melee for a few years. and im sure most 08' joiners, not all, like some of the ones here joined just for brawl and like brawl better because they sucked at melee or never gave it a fair chance. if you were pretty good at melee and still like brawl better good for you. but if you only like brawl better because youre too lazy to learn ATs and stuff thats just stupid. or if you like it better for gay reasons like trophies and stickers. smash bros is about gameplay and while brawl has better graphics and extras. melee is superior to brawl in gameplay and imo thats all that really matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom