• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

To Those Who Favor Brawl, Let's Finally Admit It...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corigames

Smash Hero
As I said, you're stating your opinions as facts:
Don't think I'm stating my opinion as fact; it's just that my opinion seems to coincide with the facts.

Fast isn't always exciting for everyone. I'd rather watch a close baseball game that ends with a squeeze play in the bottom of the 9th than a Nascar race any day of the week.
True... and? Nascar is fast in the literal term, but I said "edge-of-your-seat-excitement." Someone made fun of me for it, but that's not how you describe Nascar. No, that **** is watching people run around in circles for about 5 hours. Melee is a close Baseball game. Brawl is that same game... underwater.

Snake and Metaknight aren't the only overused characters and aren't the only characters winning tournaments. Characters like Mr. Game and Watch, King Dedede, and Marth are highly ranked.
Snake and MK ARE the only overused characters in Brawl. Everyone else is wither just used or not used.

Again, where is this evidence that "newbs" are kicking the crap out of professionals?
Because I said that, right? Now, instead of stating opinions as facts, we are going to fabricate what the other person said? I said that the gap between good and bad was much greater in Melee. I didn't say a complete n00b was going to own a pro. that can only happen when they are Snake VS Yoshi and the Yoshi can't stop tripping or something.

Really, from the looks of things, you're just rehashing stuff that other people have said without giving any genuine thought to it which is why threads like this always turn out this way.
And, from the look of things, you are defending statements in the same way that they have been defended for the past 6 months.

EvonJ

Smash Cadet
I think that people who are like that probably don't really care for one game or the other. If they really liked the game they wouldn't make some excuse to not play it, they'd just play it. I get the impression that people on this forum are like that, people who do like Brawl are usually like "I like it, but I'm biased NO FLAMEPLOX" because many many times they are just attacked for what they do or don't like. It happens the other way around too, but not so much from what I've seen.

People might be saying they really want to play melee Coreygames, but if they won't do it for dumb reasons like that then I'd assume they really don't want to play that much. Maybe they just really like Brawl?

EDIT - 20 posts and I'm still a smash noob. I've been typing a lot to get rid of that already... sigh.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I want to go to a Melee tourny. I want to host a Melee tourny. You know what makes this impossible, when everyone gains hive mind and says, "Yes, we agree that Melee is better, but everyone else is playing Brawl so we will too." Then no one participates because no one wants to be that one guy standing out from the crowed.

It also hurts that the game is so popular that Atomic Comics have a tournament every weekend, so everyone wants to go to a corporate tourny instead of one ran out of a house or something. It's BS. Then you get the excuses like, "But now I'm rusty at Melee," "I was never good at the game," or "I don't want to go back now that I'm playing Brawl." If you truly like Melee more, then please play. Please. It's killing me being the only person in an entire state that wants to play this game. You sit there, playing Brawl miserably because that's where the majority of the community is? Well ****.

/rant
You know... because this has never happened with any other competitive game... It happens, what do you want us to do about it? You're bound to lose a lot of people when a new installment of a popular franchise comes out. I think Street Fighter is the only exception to this simply because there are so many versions of Street Fighter II and was basically the game that created the modern day version of "competitive gaming."

rhan

Smash Hero
Iron Thorn said:
I prefer Brawl to Melee because:
- In Melee, I never touched anybody but Zelda/Sheik and I was very limited. However, in Brawl I got some additional mains (wolf, Metaknight, Pit) and lots of secondaries, and therefore have more fun playing 'cause I have more toys.
- The graphics are nicer, sue me. I'm an artist, my eyes are complete sluts.
- My favorite character not only got buffed, but she got a makeover as well. She's much more beautiful now and looks less like a Peach clone.
- The challenge wall, as well as the sticker and trophy collection, give me something to work at, instead of level friggin' 9 computers day in and day out.
- The online blows, true, but at least I'm playing against real people; since my bro is elsewhere and my sister "outgrew" games, I don't have anyone to play with offline unless I have my friends come over.
- Bottom line is: Brawl is more fun FOR ME and keeps MY attention longer. Then again, I play a lot of 1 player cso I guess I am uber biased.
1) Did you at least try anyone else? Melee had other characters in the game that are fairly easy to catch on and are fun to play as.

2) Graphics are nicer I agree, but Melee's graphics wasn't bad either. Melee characters looked more mature insted of childlike.

3) Good for you. Now you can play your favorite character with out using any skill. :)
I liked the challenge of playing with the lower tier characters and murdering the higher tiers.

Grunt

Smash Master
People always go with the new thing. It's part of how humans function. This has happened to every game out there, but it doesn't mean the older ones will die. Super Turbo is still played competitively, despite 3rd Strike being newer, and having more players. in the same way the well known players of ST have moved onto 3rdStrike, The known players of Melee have moved onto Brawl. It will never be as big as it once was, but it will still live, get newer known players, and possibly even advance the metagame further than it once was.

EvonJ

Smash Cadet
2) Graphics are nicer I agree, but Melee's graphics wasn't bad either. Melee characters looked more mature insted of childlike.
The only character that is really childlike is toon link because he's supposed to cartoony. Maybe jiggly too, but I think the other characters look great.

The post you were responding too was not imposing at all and he admitted that it was all opinion on what he liked, but because it was a pro-brawl post someone had to respond to it... unless you were kidding it didn't seem needed and I apologize for jumping the gun.

-Big_-Blue 9

Smash Journeyman
even though im an 08' joiner ive been playing melee for a few years. and im sure most 08' joiners, not all, like some of the ones here joined just for brawl and like brawl better because they sucked at melee or never gave it a fair chance. if you were pretty good at melee and still like brawl better good for you. but if you only like brawl better because youre too lazy to learn ATs and stuff thats just stupid. or if you like it better for gay reasons like trophies and stickers. smash bros is about gameplay and while brawl has better graphics and extras. melee is superior to brawl in gameplay and imo thats the only thing that matters.
My exact thoughts on this matter
I don't believe you can truly say which game you prefer until you've been on both sides.
Thats like saying you like California over Nevada even though you've never been to Nevada.
(terrible analogy, but I've read worse.)

Corigames

Smash Hero
The problem is that everyone that likes Melee that is playing Brawl is because of the expected drop in people turning out for Melee. People want to play Brawl. Acceptable. People want to play Melee. Acceptable. Telling people to "move on," or stop living in the past because they like the older version of the game, unacceptable.

If you are playing Brawl because everyone else is, please reconsider. This is what I plead.

-RPG

Smash Rookie
For a competitive game to work, it has to be fun (which is the premise behind all video games) and relatively deep.

Competitive brawl is neither of these things.

cr00mz

Smash Cadet
Brawl is better. 1 More characters 2. Better Adventure mode 3. Online (even though its totaly crap its fun to play other people and not only CPUs) and 4. Coin launcher > Lottery

Corigames

Smash Hero
Brawl is better. 1 More characters 2. Better Adventure mode 3. Online (even though its totaly crap its fun to play other people and not only CPUs) and 4. Coin launcher > Lottery
Good thing gameplay isn't factored into why Melee is better :D

Otherwise, Brawl would be screwed.

EvonJ

Smash Cadet
For a competitive game to work, it has to be fun (which is the premise behind all video games) and relatively deep.

Competitive brawl is neither of these things.
Mario party is a competitive game which is fun, but not really deep, at least less deep than most games. But you can't say it's not a competition to win against your opponents. Some people like games like that, they are called casual gamers.

Some people think Brawl is really fun, and as for deep. Everyone likes to say there is no depth, but that's all a matter of your own opinion of the game. If ATs are what made melee deep then what was going on for the 3 years before anything was discovered? It had to have some staying power before it got "deep".

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Don't think I'm stating my opinion as fact; it's just that my opinion seems to coincide with the facts.

Which it really hasn't because, as previously stated, you're arguing that Brawl isn't exciting, there's a small difference between pros and people who have just started playing as if reaching the peak of Brawl's metagame only takes a few months, and that Snake and Metaknight are the only overused characters despite the rankings showing otherwise.

True... and? Nascar is fast in the literal term, but I said "edge-of-your-seat-excitement." Someone made fun of me for it, but that's not how you describe Nascar. No, that **** is watching people run around in circles for about 5 hours. Melee is a close Baseball game. Brawl is that same game... underwater.

In your opinion as opposed to fact... you can't seem to differentiate the two...

Snake and MK ARE the only overused characters in Brawl. Everyone else is wither just used or not used.

I might as well post this:

S Rank <Uber>
1 Snake (38 top8, 27 top4, 15 top2, 16 wins) - 936.1041667
2 Meta Knight (40 top8, 25 top4, 16 top2, 16 wins) -771.7354167

A Rank <Overused>
3 King Dedede (23 top8, 12 top4, 8 top2, 11 wins) - 460.559375

4 Mr. Game & Watch (16 top8, 16 top4, 9 top2, 7 wins)- 355.206285
5 Marth (22 top8, 15 top4, 5 top2, 7 wins) - 351.4343750

6 Wario (11 top8, 8 top4, 3 top2, 6 wins) - 280.71875
7 Falco (17 top8, 6 top4, 7 top2, 3 wins) - 249.52 - 8
8 ROB (25 top8, 12 top4, 4 top2, 4 wins) - 231.53375 - 7
9 Lucario (12 top8, 6 top4, 5 top2, 3 wins) - 228.2

B Rank <Standard>
10 Donkey Kong (7 top8, 5 top4, 3 top2, 7 wins) - 170.2716667 - 11
11 Olimar (14 top8, 9 top4, 2 top2, 3 wins) - 148.11875 - 10

12 Ice Climbers (3 top8, 6 top4, 3 top2, 4 wins) - 116.5875 - 15
13 Wolf (15 top8, 2 top4, 3 top2, 2 wins) - 104.8875 - 12
14 Kirby (7 top8, 8 top4, 3 top2, 1 win) - 103.975 - 16
15 Fox (6 top8, 2 top4, 2 wins) - 97.4875 - 14
16 Pit (7 top8, 1 top2, 3 wins) - 96.9625 - 13
17 Zero Suit Samus (2 top8, 5 top4, 1 win) - 86.1375 - 19

C Rank <Borderline>
18 Diddy Kong (15 top8, 3 top4, 1 top2, 2 wins) - 65.32125 - 20
19 Peach (5 top8, 3 top4, 2 top2, 1 win) - 54.71875 - 22

20 Pikachu (4 top8, 7 top4, 1 top2, 1 win) - 42.9375 - 21
21 Ness (3 top8, 1 top4, 1 win) - 38.734375 - 17
22 Zelda (5 top8, 3 top4, 1 top2) - 35.2875 - 18
23 Toon Link (4 top8, 2 top4, 1 top2, 1 win) - 30.59375 - 20

D Rank <Underused>
24 Sonic (2 top8, 2 wins) - 24.20833333
25 Ike (6 top8, 2 top4, 1 top2) - 21.96875 - 28

26 Samus (3 top8, 1 top4) - 17.25 - 25
27 Pokémon Trainer (2 top8, 1 win) - 16.34375 - 34
28 Bowser (1 top8, 1 top2) - 16.25 - 26
29 Luigi (2 top8, 1 top2) - 15.375 - 27

E Rank <Never Used>
30 Mario (4 top8, 1 win) - 10.5833333 - 29
31 Lucas (5 top8, 1 top4) - 10.0625 - 30
32 Jigglypuff (1 top8, 1 top4) - 7 - 29
33 Yoshi (5 top8, 1 top4) - 5.71875 - 36
34 Sheik/Zelda (2 top8, 1 top4) - 4.53125 - 32
35 Link (1 top4) - 2 - 33
36 Captain Falcon (1 top8) - 1 - 35
37 Ganondorf (1 top8) - 0.71875

Also, let's try to not deny that Melee tournaments were mostly dominated by Fox, Falco, and Shiek while Marth, Peach, and Dr. Mario did pretty well.

Because I said that, right? Now, instead of stating opinions as facts, we are going to fabricate what the other person said? I said that the gap between good and bad was much greater in Melee. I didn't say a complete n00b was going to own a pro. that can only happen when they are Snake VS Yoshi and the Yoshi can't stop tripping or something.

But that's the thing, where is the evidence that there is such a small gap between the two? As previously said, pros are still dominating tournaments so, if what you said was true, it would definately be closer because in the four months Brawl has been out in North America, more people would have a much larger understanding of the game because of the much smaller learning curve.

And, from the look of things, you are defending statements in the same way that they have been defended for the past 6 months.
Say the same thing I said but change a few of the words to reverse it... cute... Either way, this is an endless cycle because we have people like you who are ACTUALLY PISSED at people for playing Brawl, let alone liking it. The same can be said about the Brawl side too. Really, I hate this whole "Brawl vs Melee" debate because people are dead set on having a "winner" of it despite people mostly arguing with their opinions. "Brawl's boring." "Brawl sucks because Captain Falcon was nerfed." "The only thing that seperated good players from bad players in Melee was tech skill." "The variations between the clones in Melee made the metagame much more interesting." Oh my God... what do you people want? Melee to be dropped completely and isolate the older part of the Smash community? Brawl to be dropped completely and isolate the newer part of the Smash community? Really, we have people on these boards that would actually go into a permanent state of euphoria if that happened to either side... It's pathetic really. It's like the people who are cutting their wrists and mailing death threats to Square Enix because FFXIII is no longer a PS3 exclusive. Fanboys gone wild... yeehaw...

Corigames

Smash Hero
I don't want Brawl to die out, I just want Melee to have a community. When MY ENTIRE COMMUNITY GAVE UP MELEE it was because "everyone else was doing it," and that's what pissed me off. AZ was soooo good at Melee. Then a few new people planted themselves in at the end, preparing for Brawl. then it released and no one liked it. We were actually talking about just playing Melee. However, the rest of the boards and tournaments in other states seemed to have went ahead and excepted Brawl. So, they all gave up on Melee. They started saying it was a dead game.

I tried to hold a tournament for Melee. I planned for two months. At the last minute, Atomic Comics opened up for a Brawl tournament and everyone went to that instead. I was left nearly alone at my house. Even my own roommate left and went to Atomic's. When I asked them why later, they said that they either weren't "feeling" Melee, they weren't good at it any more, they wanted almost free money from n00bs, Brawl is what everyone is playing, or they wanted to get better at Brawl and not worry about Melee. they all recognize Melee as the better game, but they won't play it because the majority doesn't.

That's why I'm bitter. Also... red text in large clumps is hard to read.

Rigor Mortis

Smash Journeyman
Woh lol ive just figured out something weird, like 7 people who said they like brawl better admitted being sucky at melee lmfao

Im defintly not uber material, but ive mastered your bread and butter ATs*nothing like phanna's SWD D:*

BTW, WTF IS SO HARD ABOUT MASTERING WAVEDASHING?
FYI
Melee mains = pikachu, and captain falcon

brawl main = captain falcon, and every other person because im filling the void of how shallow almost all of the characters are *currently*

PS: Some brawl haters hate melee because of the ATs, id like to ask this, why the **** is a new useless AT coming out everyday for brawl and yet you hate melee for abusing ATs. there will be a TIME PARADOX when brawl gets a omega AT
But at teh same time, even with all this hate i have,i cant wait for the day brawl is so broken that i can throw away melee

SMASH SERIES FTW!!

Do your homework before typing with unsupported sentence structure and poor grammar. "Needless to say" makes absolutely no sense at all.

What I've just shown here is a perfect example of too many smash board members. You think you know everything, but you don't. The O.P. is clearly wrong, so everyone posts that he is. The only problem is, every response is muddled with vague flames and random references to "omfg I rocked the **** out of melee."

NO, not everyone who likes Brawl more than Melee was bad at Melee.

NO, you shouldn't post worthless arguments that go back to the same stupid Brawl vs. Melee/Casual vs. Competitive debate that no one gives a **** about.

That is all,

R_S_G
Wow, you're poking at my grammar. Which really shouldn't matter on the internet.

Look, i'm just going to say something. I've been around for sometime, and I use to flame and argue against many people who produce the same argument with great detail. At the moment, I honestly don't care that much about what they say to do that anymore because i'm tired of repeating myself. Yuna is the person who does that stuff now, so others wouldn't have to. Why should I have to repeat myself because you don't want to look into the game like everyone else did?

And honestly, i'm tired of hearing this same crap from the 08 members who essentially know nothing of Melee outside of: "Fox/Falco/Marth/Sheik are the only played characters!! Wavedashing and L-canceling was a Glitch!! Brawl is better because I say so blah blah blah!!!". I don't think you're in any position to represent your side of the community.

I'm also sure that many people still do care for this debate. It isn't true that everyone sucked at Melee, but it's the majority of the people who use that in their defense.

All and all, you're posting here, so apparently you care about the debate as well. Nice way to contradict your argument.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I don't want Brawl to die out, I just want Melee to have a community. When MY ENTIRE COMMUNITY GAVE UP MELEE it was because "everyone else was doing it," and that's what pissed me off. AZ was soooo good at Melee. Then a few new people planted themselves in at the end, preparing for Brawl. then it released and no one liked it. We were actually talking about just playing Melee. However, the rest of the boards and tournaments in other states seemed to have went ahead and excepted Brawl. So, they all gave up on Melee. They started saying it was a dead game.

I tried to hold a tournament for Melee. I planned for two months. At the last minute, Atomic Comics opened up for a Brawl tournament and everyone went to that instead. I was left nearly alone at my house. Even my own roommate left and went to Atomic's. When I asked them why later, they said that they either weren't "feeling" Melee, they weren't good at it any more, they wanted almost free money from n00bs, Brawl is what everyone is playing, or they wanted to get better at Brawl and not worry about Melee. they all recognize Melee as the better game, but they won't play it because the majority doesn't.

That's why I'm bitter. Also... red text in large clumps is hard to read.
That sounds like a pretty sad experience :(

*Not sarcasm*

EvonJ

Smash Cadet
I agree. That does suck. I don't think melee will die out ever. I've even played it a couple times since brawl came out (I like Brawl, and I'm not great at either) so I'm sure you'll all get a chance to play again. It probably won't ever be as big as it used to be, but that doesn't mean you won't have a good time.

Mm, yeah, I do. Because that's all I see posted by anti-Brawl people.
If I had some sources, I'd post them here, but I don't care about it that much to go look for them.
ALL I'm seeing against Brawl is "no techs," "no wavedashing," "whar's mah ATs?"

Short-hopping isn't a glitch, and no one said it was.
And no one can complain about it, since it's in Brawl too. It's not even an AT.

Mind games aren't glitches, and no one said it was.
And no one can complain about it, since it's in Brawl too. It's not even an AT.

Spacing isn't a glitch, and no one...

Do you notice a pattern?
It bothers me that the competitive scene doesn't appreciate Brawl because of a "lack of competitiveness" or "ATs."
That's stupid.
Maybe not a glitch. But it's certainly no subsitute for actually playing the game with skill.
I know of most ATs, and I mastered a good number of them in Melee, and the ones in Brawl.
After I master an AT, I NEVER use it. I don't need to.
And I'd say I'm a pretty advanced player, offline anyway. I don't use ATs at all.
Ok, just stop. Please.

First, you claim yourself to be an advanced player, but you reject essential advanced tactics in Melee. Apparently you didn't master them, because application of the techniques in an actual fight is different than doing them upon your free will.

You know why we prefer Melee? Because Brawl was intentionally dumbed down to make it easier for a casual player to beat a professional player. Hell, even the E For All demo had canceling, wavelanding, dash dancing and all of that jazz. I played the **** demo, and it's very annoying how a company would go out of their way to make a game bad for competitive players because of their ridiculous age-10-and-under Marketing demographic.

Why should I waste my time playing a game that i'm limited in when I can discover more in an older game? Brawl is already at it's peak potential, and i'm not satisfied with the results.

I, too, mained Link in Melee. I sucked at Brawl when it first came out, because I tried to play Link.

But Brawl has more characters to offset Link's newfound crappiness. More choices > Less choices.

Stage Builder > No Stage Builder

540-something trophies > 290 trophies

258 songs > 1 BGM per stage and a few extras

Co-op Stadium Mode > Single-player only Stadium

Forcefield around the Sandbag > No forcefield around the Sandbag

Online availability > Gamecube's anti-onlineness

Save-able replays > No replays

That's a lot of stuff that works in Brawl's favor. The developers took good advantage of their chance to fix some things that just weren't as good as they could have been in the previous installment(s).[/QUOTE

non competitive play<competitive play
slow<fast
snake wins everything<snake does not
no wavedash<wavedash
no hitstun< hitstun
I got more too.

Tripping<No tripping
No Inertia<Inertia
Character Specific Advantages<Non Specific Advantages
Multiple Air dodge<Single Air dodge
Bad Aerials<Good Aerials
Captain Falcon in Brawl<Captain Falcon in Melee
No mobility options<Mobility options
5lvl Break The Targets<Individual Break The Targets
Overwhelming Freeze Frames<No Freeze Frames
Subspace<Adventure Mode (Yeah, I said it. Sub space was just Kirby Super Star with Smash characters)
Bad stage design (Besides BF and Delfino)<Balanced stage design
Nerfed vet characters<All characters having potential
No Dream Land 64<Dream Land 64(Biased opinion)

Need I say more?

EvonJ

Smash Cadet
Why should I waste my time playing a game that i'm limited in when I can discover more in an older game? Brawl is already at it's peak potential, and i'm not satisfied with the results.
You should not, nor is anyone trying to make you. If you don't enjoy it then that's fine, play the game you want, and other people should do the same.

EDIT - I am now a smash child, woot.

FalconPunch

Smash Journeyman
even though im an 08' joiner ive been playing melee for a few years. and im sure most 08' joiners, not all, like some of the ones here joined just for brawl and like brawl better because they sucked at melee or never gave it a fair chance. if you were pretty good at melee and still like brawl better good for you. but if you only like brawl better because youre too lazy to learn ATs and stuff thats just stupid. or if you like it better for gay reasons like trophies and stickers. smash bros is about gameplay and while brawl has better graphics and extras. melee is superior to brawl in gameplay and imo thats all that really matters.
Why can't every 08'er be like you.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
corey, STB has actually moved on to Melee! :D

Yes, even Oscar.

The real enemies of Melee are Goop's posse and TCB.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
On skill gap and depth... it is said that Brawl lacks depth and that it doesn't take much to win, and yet, the Melee pros are still dominating the tournament scene. So, uh, why are you complaining about depth and skill gaps again? You're still winning because you have more skill, right? You know something about Brawl that others don't, right?

If the Melee community is dying (or on "life support") because of Brawl, is the Smash community in its entirety even that big to begin with? Smash only has 3 games... Street Fighter has like 20. The best ones are played, the garbage ones die quietly. Matter of fact, when you pros go to Evo next month, see how many SF games are available...

If faster is better, then why is soccer and baseball more popular than basketball worldwide? Why is F-1 racing (or any racing with more than 2 turns in the track) more popular than NASCAR?

I like how someone bit off of my sig... it's not even that innovate...

TRUE GAMERS GIVE THEIR LEAST LIKED GAME A CHANCE??? WTF??? WHO??? I'm a true gamer, and life is waaaaaaay too short to play games that you don't like. If you don't like Brawl, don't play it... but you do play Brawl, so much so that you play Brawl over what the pros call the "superior" game known as Melee. You've had, what? five or six months to determine that you don't like Brawl, but you still play it over Melee, the game you like. Do you know what this means? SAKURAI IS A ****ING GENIUS.

Yeah, Sakurai is a genius. With his whole "non-competitive" philosophy of his, he has created a set of great fighting games that he doesn't even consider fighting games and has even a few people saying that Smash isn't a fighting game series. With Brawl, he has people who perfer Melee playing Brawl. It's just like one of Eminem's Songs, "Rainman," from the album, "Encore." It's basically the most ridiculous possible song, lacking a message, a moral, or even a train of thought, and it's still awesome. He says it himself at the end, "I just did a whole song and I didn't say shhhhhhiiiiiiittttt."

Pros who say Brawl sucks and perfer Melee but play Brawl on a consistent basis... consider yourself brainwashed. Now I have No reason to listen to YOUR opinions because you've been BRAINWASHED into inconsistency.

rhan

Smash Hero
EvonJ said:
The only character that is really childlike is toon link because he's supposed to cartoony. Maybe jiggly too, but I think the other characters look great.
I take back some of what I said. Not all characters became childlike. Mainly the human characters now look more detailed and mature. EX: Link, Zelda, Captain Falcon etc. Other characters like Fox now look worse then thier Melee counterpart.

MarKO X said:
....SAKURAI IS A ****ING GENIUS
Lies and slander.

MarKO X said:
Pros who say Brawl sucks and perfer Melee but play Brawl on a consistent basis... consider yourself brainwashed. Now I have No reason to listen to YOUR opinions because you've been BRAINWASHED into inconsistency.
Reason these pros play Brawl is mainly cause that's where the money is at. I had a good smash player in my area quit Melee because of the lack of money you could win in the tourneys they host. Now that most of the smash comunity switched to Brawl, the pots have became bigger. And what does every human being crave in this world?

Money.

EDIT:

MarKO X said:
Yeah, Sakurai is a genius. With his whole "non-competitive" philosophy of his, he has created a set of great fighting games that he doesn't even consider fighting games and has even a few people saying that Smash isn't a fighting game series. With Brawl, he has people who perfer Brawl playing Melee. It's just like one of Eminem's Songs, "Rainman," from the album, "Encore." It's basically the most ridiculous possible song, lacking a message, a moral, or even a train of thought, and it's still awesome. He says it himself at the end, "I just did a whole song and I didn't say shhhhhhiiiiiiittttt."
First off, he did say that he didnt make Brawl as a competitive game. But who decides that? Him or the gamers? Second, that song is hot steamy dumpster juice. I cant even see why you would compare that to this topic.

Why must everyone argue so incessantly over individual opinions? Does anyone realize how little sense this makes? How much of this is helping anything? Everyone argues over this one topic, Brawl versus Melee/ Melee versus Brawl, but think about that! Brawl versus Melee is Video Game vs Video Game, Game versus Game, or simply Method of Fun versus Method of Fun! Why argue over the little details? Does that change anything? Has anyone here changed their opinions because of people arguing? And if it has, has that changed anything important? It is a way of having fun against a way of having fun! The only good reason anyone has for arguing on this website is if they are directly insulted, otherwise everyone should discuss any (and every) topic in a civilized manner. But this arguing... this is just pointless!

Edit: I know I'm probably going to get flamed for this, but arguing still doesn't solve anything.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Shut up Wii. Nobody's arguing about opinions anymore. I think everyone here has learned to accept someone's opinion. We (or atleast I) are debating the facts. If you don't want to have anything to do with it, go to AiB. There are tons of noobs there for you to agree with.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Shut up Wii. Nobody's arguing about opinions anymore. I think everyone here has learned to accept someone's opinion. We (or atleast I) are debating the facts. If you don't want to have anything to do with it, go to AiB. There are tons of noobs there for you to agree with.
an AiB insult? amazing... Brawl just catches hate all over. lol

PS: i've only been to AiB once, so I have no idea what it's like over there. Maybe it is all about noobs, I dunno.

Proud_Smash_N00b

Smash Ace
Most of the top Melee players that play Brawl have outwardly expressed how much they dislike brawl. IIRC M2K, Forward, Azen, Mango, HugS, MikeHaze, Scar, Silent Wolf, Zhu, Zjinn, Gimpyfish, Sveet and many other reputable smashers have denounced Brawl. In fact, the major names in Melee are some of the main people urging it to come back.
and I agree that these guys only play Brawl for money. Clearly makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom