• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

To Those Who Favor Brawl, Let's Finally Admit It...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
Yet another thread devoted to Melee players circle-jerking each other. *yawn*
If Melee is so great, then why have Melee's top players abandoned their community? Don't give me that "there's money in Brawl" bullcrap either. You know for a fact that the Melee scene wouldn't have suffered a single scratch if the top players hadn't abandoned it. They CHOOSE to be Brawl players now. There could be just as much money in Melee, but they, the top players that you so lovingly fellate, CHOOSE to play Brawl and ignore you, their fanboys and sack-kissers. What does that tell you about them, about Melee, and about you?
You people are a joke.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
I thought you said you played Melee. Now you're saying he isn't in Melee!
:laugh:

He is, last time I checked.

By the way, I heard you like Mudkips.

I do play melee

You obviously don't know the joke so im going to stop now.

People always joke around about how he is not in the game cause he sucks and what not

Mewter

Smash Master
I do play melee

You obviously don't know the joke so im going to stop now.

People always joke around about how he is not in the game cause he sucks and what not
I get it now. Since Brawl stinks, Mewtwo should come with the Package.....

Just joking.

That would Mean DrMario, Pichu, Young Link....

And the other clone junk that Melee has . You can't deny those were unnecessary.

Edit:

If Melee is so great, then why have Melee's top players abandoned their community? Don't give me that "there's money in Brawl" bullcrap either. You know for a fact that the Melee scene wouldn't have suffered a single scratch if the top players hadn't abandoned it. They CHOOSE to be Brawl players now. There could be just as much money in Melee, but they, the top players that you so lovingly fellate, CHOOSE to play Brawl and ignore you, their fanboys and sack-kissers. What does that tell you about them, about Melee, and about you?
You people are a joke.
It tells you that you can accept change. And plus, any TRUE Gamer gives even his least liked games a chance. what does this say about you? I should inquire.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
I get it now. Since Brawl stinks, Mewtwo should come with the Package.....

Just joking.

That would Mean DrMario, Pichu, Young Link....

And the other clone junk that Melee has . You can't deny those were unnecessary.

Edit:

It tells you that you can accept change. And plus, any TRUE Gamer gives even his least liked games a chance. what does this say about you? I should inquire.
Pichu yes but Dr. mario is good and so is y.link

not as good as the others but they are kinda up there, you should watch some vids

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
You people are a joke.
You're a joke for talking about non sense and just being dumb.

ignorance should be a sin

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
You people are a joke.
Lol, you have no idea what you're taking about. Most of the top Melee players that play Brawl have outwardly expressed how much they dislike brawl. IIRC M2K, Forward, Azen, Mango, HugS, MikeHaze, Scar, Silent Wolf, Zhu, Zjinn, Gimpyfish, Sveet and many other reputable smashers have denounced Brawl. In fact, the major names in Melee are some of the main people urging it to come back. Get your facts straight noob.

Mewter

Smash Master
You're a joke for talking about non sense and just being dumb.

ignorance should be a sin
It should, because it leads to it.

Anyways, I'll try to find something good about Dr. Mario and Y. Link.
Young Link wasn't exactly a waste of time, but Doctor Mario didn't seem to be any different at all. He just threw Pills and wore a coat. Very Cool. They could have at least added sunglasses.:laugh:

Young Link actually had a use. He was kind of fast, but his spin fell short and he couldn't stand as many attacks as Link if used incorrectly. I thought he was pretty cool though. It's mainly Doctor Mario and Pichu.

Lol, you have no idea what you're taking about. Most of the top Melee players that play Brawl have outwardly expressed how much they dislike brawl. IIRC M2K, Forward, Azen, Mango, HugS, MikeHaze, Scar, Silent Wolf, Zhu, Zjinn, Gimpyfish, Sveet and many other reputable smashers have denounced Brawl. In fact, the major names in Melee are some of the main people urging it to come back. Get your facts straight noob.
Makes sense, kind of.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
Lol, you have no idea what you're taking about. Most of the top Melee players that play Brawl have outwardly expressed how much they dislike brawl. IIRC M2K, Forward, Azen, Mango, HugS, MikeHaze, Scar, Silent Wolf, Zhu, and many other reputable smashers have denounced Brawl. In fact, the major names in Melee are some of the main people urging it to come back. Get your facts straight noob.
Mura you owe me a cookie for getting me involved in this

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
Given that I'm a person who plays both Melee and Brawl on a regular basis, why don't you tell me?
Fixed.
I acknowledged this. Thanks for paying attention, boy.
The question I presented is if those people whose butts are getting kissed all hate Brawl, then why do most of them play it? I remember HugS making a comment about Melee dying. It's only dying because he, like all of the rest of the Melee elite, are allowing it to die. You only have yourselves to blame. Rather than whine, moan, complain, and jerk off to waveshine footage, why don't you do something about it? You want to play Melee? Good. More power to you. Melee is an awesome game. Hell, I'll agree with you that it's superior from a competitive standpoint to Brawl. But why are you here instead of out there, supporting the community? Why do you whine about Brawl instead of work to resurrect Melee?
Idiot.

Young Link actually had a use. He was kind of fast, but his spin fell short and he couldn't stand as many attacks as Link if used incorrectly. I thought he was pretty cool though. It's mainly Doctor Mario and Pichu.
I like Dr. Mario, but only because his playstyle suits me more than Mario's does. I see where you're coming from, though. Tbh, I just think that clones like Dr.Mario, Pichu, and Young Link are a bad idea. Falco less so, because he's just different enough to make his playstyle different by leaps and bounds.

Mewter

Smash Master
Given that I'm a person who plays both Melee and Brawl on a regular basis, why don't you tell me?.
I don't know. Do you? You were criticising People who do.... so it sure seems like you don't like Brawl very much. That's all I can make out.

The question I presented is if those people whose butts are getting kissed all hate Brawl, then why do most of them play it? I remember HugS making a comment about Melee dying. It's only dying because he, like all of the rest of the Melee elite, are allowing it to die. You only have yourselves to blame. Rather than whine, moan, complain, and jerk off to waveshine footage, why don't you do something about it? You want to play Melee? Good. More power to you. Melee is an awesome game. Hell, I'll agree with you that it's superior from a competitive standpoint to Brawl. But why are you here instead of out there, supporting the community? Why do you whine about Brawl instead of work to resurrect Melee?
Idiot.

Agreed
I like Dr. Mario, but only because his playstyle suits me more than Mario's does. I see where you're coming from, though. Tbh, I just think that clones like Dr.Mario, Pichu, and Young Link are a bad idea. Falco less so, because he's just different enough to make his playstyle different by leaps and bounds.
Again, I agree.
How about I give you a pie instead? I'm not good at making cookies :(
shouldn't cookies be easier though?

Kal

Smash Champion
The second statement is really amazing. I didn't know that, and that is very cool. I don't think most people will be doing that. Is this over the course of many years? I'd like to see how this happened.
http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Ken

Note: These are only major tournaments which include professional and amateur tournaments with 60 or more players. This list does not represent the number of tournaments Ken has attended in total.

* 1st - Tournament Go 4 (TG4) ($900)
* 1st - SoCal Inland Empire SSB:M
* 1st - Tournament Go 5 (TG5) ($1000)

* 1st - Game Over ($650)
* 1st - The 0-C (Zero Challenge) ($650)
* 1st - MELEE-FC ($500)
* 9th - Tournament Go 6 (TG6)
* 1st - Major League Gaming (MLG) 2004 Season Finals New York ($2000)
* 1st - MLG 2004 Season points

* 2nd - MOAST 3 ($400)
* 1st - MLG 2005 (Season OpenerTournament) DC ($1000)
* 1st - MLG 2005 (Season Tournament) San Francisco ($500)
* 2nd - MLG 2005 (West Coast Regionals) Los Angeles ($1000)
* 1st - MLG 2005 (East Coast Regionals) Atlanta ($2000)
* 1st - MLG 2005 (Central Regionals) Chicago ($2000)
* 1st - MLG 2005 Season Finals New York ($5000)
* 1st - MLG 2005 Season points leader
* 1st - Jack Garden Tournament (JGT) (Japan)
* 1st - Getting Schooled 2 ($800)
* 1st - MELEE-FC3 ($800)

* 1st - Champ Combo: NorCal Edition ($400)
* 1st - Champ Combo: Yayuhzzz Edition ($400)
* 1st - 0-C2 (Zero Challenge 2) ($1200)
* 2nd - MLG 2006 (Season Tournament) New York ($1200)
* 1st - MLG 2006 (Season Tournament) Dallas ($2000)
* 1st - MLG 2006 (Season Tournament) Anaheim ($2000)
* 1st - MLG 2006 (Season Tournament) Chicago ($2000)
* 5th - MLG 2006 (Season Tournament) Orlando ($300)
* 7th - MLG 2006 (Season Playoffs) New York ($375)
* 1st - NCT2: The Big One ($1080)
* 3rd - MLG 2006 (National Championships Singles) Las Vegas ($3000)
* 1st - MLG 2006 (National Championships Doubles) Las Vegas ($5000) per team member
* 1st - MLG 2006 Season points leader ($4000)

* 4th - 0-C3 (Zero Challenge 3)
* 1st - Evo World 2007 ($5000)

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Given that I'm a person who plays both Melee and Brawl on a regular basis, why don't you tell me?

Fixed.

Idiot.
To answer your question: People who hate brawl and still play it do it either:

1. Because they like the tournament atmosphere more than they hate brawl.
2. They want to make money. (And don't say this is bull**** because g-reg said it outright, if I can find the post on gamefaqs I will)

And again, you don't know what you're talking about. Melee IS coming back. People ARE doing something about it. You obviously haven't been to the Melee board, it's on the rise. Smashfests and tournaments are returning. More and more Melee veterans are leaving Brawl for it. People have made their decision. Don't come at me with your preachy bull**** when you don't even know the validity of the words that you type. I'm doing what I can to bring Melee back. I'm going to smashfests when I can, and I'm educating Brawl idiots so that they will atleast show respect to those who chose Melee instead.

GoForkUrself

Smash Apprentice
They should have put melee characters in brawl lol. I mean like you could select "Melee Fox" and he would have waveshining and stuff. Or they could have put melee mode, which allows for directional airdodges, L-cancel and nice hitstun. Another cool option would be to have a character called Melee that did the above things.
Anyway, Brawl has a learning curve. Brawl is less comborific, but it is a fighting game, and players have improved since the game came out(Snake wasn't the big character in the first week, and everyone thought Pit was unstoppable).

Mewter

Smash Master

2. They want to make money. (And don't say this is bull**** because g-reg said it outright, if I can find the post on gamefaqs I will)

And again, you don't know what you're talking about. Melee IS coming back. People ARE doing something about it. You obviously haven't been to the Melee board, it's on the rise. Smashfests and tournaments are returning. More and more Melee veterans are leaving Brawl for it. People have made their decision. Don't come at me with your preachy bull**** when you don't even know the validity of the words that you type. I'm doing what I can to bring Melee back. I'm going to smashfests when I can, and I'm educating Brawl idiots so that they will atleast show respect to those who chose Melee instead.
That may be true, but I'm sure he was talking only about the people who allow it todie. Others may buoy it up.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion

Fixed.

Idiot.

Yea good job at "fixing" my post because you had nothing else to think of....idiot

Mewter

Smash Master
They should have put melee characters in brawl lol. I mean like you could select "Melee Fox" and he would have waveshining and stuff. Or they could have put melee mode, which allows for directional airdodges, L-cancel and nice hitstun. Another cool option would be to have a character called Melee that did the above things.
Anyway, Brawl has a learning curve. Brawl is less comborific, but it is a fighting game, and players have improved since the game came out(Snake wasn't the big character in the first week, and everyone thought Pit was unstoppable).
That would have been awesome, but then they would hae no one to buy Melee, would they? I think it's a kind of Marketing technique.
If they want people to buy Melee, they have to make it COMPLETELY SEPERATE. If they put it into one game, it would cost at least 80 dollars, and I'm not paying that much for a game.
Also,
your sig is kind of funny.:laugh:

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
That may be true, but I'm sure he was talking only about the people who allow it todie. Others may buoy it up.
Well he should've specified that instead of attacking me intentionally.

Suspect: Cookies are normally too easy and I leave them in the oven too long and they burn. I'm a lot more attentive when making pie because I had to do a lot to make it.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
That would have been awesome, but then they would hae no one to buy Melee, would they? I think it's a kind of Marketing technique.

Also,
your sig is kind of funny.:laugh:
His sig is a bite off of chuck norris jokes

He just replaced chucks name with snake >_>

Pie is fine Mura, you know what kind of pie black people like :D

Mewter

Smash Master
Well he should've specified that instead of attacking me intentionally.

Suspect: Cookies are normally too easy and I leave them in the oven too long and they burn. I'm a lot more attentive when making pie because I had to do a lot to make it.
Well.....
That makes sense.
It's like building a Forretress of Stone at the beach instead of a small sand castle, because it's more work, and you will pay more attention:laugh:

EvonJ

Smash Cadet
This is probably true, but don't think that means that Melee is coming back. It's really a numbers game. If the pros go back to it, which is fine, then that appeals to the competitive community which is much smaller than the casual community that will not even be aware Melee is "in" now. And, there are people who like Brawl who are also competitive that will continue to play both.

I think that if melee comes back in full swing then that is great, melee videos are fun to watch for sure. Who is disrespecting you for liking Melee, you don't seem to respect people who like Brawl. Maybe I'm wrong, but I've never seen anyone say "you like Melee? omg usuk!" or any variation there-of. Just play what you like, games are meant to be fun.

Kal

Smash Champion
I had a dream that there was a "Melee-physics" and "64-physics" mode to Brawl. I woke up and I said "****, I shouldn't have traded in my copy of Brawl!"

Then I realized it was a dream, and I was very glad to trade in my copy of Brawl in order to purchase Super Princess Peach. It's a much deeper game.

EvonJ

Smash Cadet
Then I realized it was a dream, and I was very glad to trade in my copy of Brawl in order to purchase Super Princess Peach. It's a much deeper game.
I don't care what your opinions on the games are, that was priceless.

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace

I lurk on the Melee boards more than I do anything else on the internet. I know what it's doing, but you call that a revival? I call that life support. That community is barely alive, and I think it's downright pitiful.
I'm not mad that Melee is better than Brawl(Samus is better in Melee, so I love Melee. Selfish, I know). I just think that you guys are doing a poor job of reviving what was once the biggest competitive gaming scene in the world. How do you explain that away? How do you call what you're doing a revival, a resurrection, or anything but pathetic? It saddens and disgusts me to see this. It really, really does.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
I lurk on the Melee boards more than I do anything else on the internet. I know what it's doing, but you call that a revival? I call that life support. That community is barely alive, and I think it's downright pitiful.
I'm not mad that Melee is better than Brawl(Samus is better in Melee, so I love Melee. Selfish, I know). I just think that you guys are doing a poor job of reviving what was once the biggest competitive gaming scene in the world. How do you explain that away? How do you call what you're doing a revival, a resurrection, or anything but pathetic? It saddens and disgusts me to see this. It really, really does.
Are you talking about melee boards on gamefaqs or here?
I assume here because the one on lamefaqs is now called idiots board

They are the ones doing a poor job.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
This is probably true, but don't think that means that Melee is coming back. It's really a numbers game. If the pros go back to it, which is fine, then that appeals to the competitive community which is much smaller than the casual community that will not even be aware Melee is "in" now. And, there are people who like Brawl who are also competitive that will continue to play both.

I think that if melee comes back in full swing then that is great, melee videos are fun to watch for sure. Who is disrespecting you for liking Melee, you don't seem to respect people who like Brawl. Maybe I'm wrong, but I've never seen anyone say "you like Melee? omg usuk!" or any variation there-of. Just play what you like, games are meant to be fun.
Yeah, Melee probably won't come back to full force, but the main thing I wanted to point out is that it's not dieing. I wouldn't have a problem with people playing Brawl and Melee. I don't want Brawl to die, I just want Melee to come back. And if Brawl has to dies for that to happen, then that's what I've gotta do. I don't hate Brawl, I hate the people who can't formulate good reasons for playing it over Melee. Everybody who argues why they like Brawl more than Melee has used some stereotypical and/or outright false information for their beleifs, and that bothers me. The best explanation for liking Brawl over Melee that I've seen from anyone is, "I just do." I respect that, because it doesn't assume that Brawl has fixed some imaginary error in Melee. But as long as people are going to debate that Melee was cheap or that Brawl has new things, I'm going to disrespect them because they don't know what they're talking about. I like playing Brawl because of Luigi. But I like Melee more because I can play it competitively and have fun.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
You know...I have no trouble winning in brawl even though I like melee better and would prefer to play it. Infact, the reason I hate brawl so much, is that I win. I mean wtf in melee I had to work for a win, regardless of who I choose(its never really fox v fox FD). Nowadays its just a matter of choosing Snake or camping with ROB.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Well that sounds like your opinion. I see no activity turning into increasing activity as a resurrection. You can't just wave a magic wand and make Melee come back. It takes time. Brawl came out and destroyed the community, it's not going to suddenly fix itself. Furthermore, Brawl was SUPPOSED to kill Melee. So the fact the Melee still even exists is more than we could ask for. Don't be so impatient. And hey, instead of objectively looking at a community that could be so much better than it is now and telling other people that they need to get to work, how about you do something yourself? You sound like you have some miraculous plan that will 100% bring Melee back. Lets hear it, what are YOU going to do?

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
Are you talking about melee boards on gamefaqs or here?
I assume here because the one on lamefaqs is now called idiots board

They are the ones doing a poor job.
I only visit one board on GameFAQs, and it's not Melee, it's Metroid Prime Hunters. I was talking about the Melee boards here.
I was very glad to trade in my copy of Brawl in order to purchase Super Princess Peach. It's a much deeper game.
I traded my copy of Brawl for Twilight Princess. Never played it before. Hope it's good.

Well that sounds like your opinion. I see no activity turning into increasing activity as a resurrection. You can't just wave a magic wand and make Melee come back. It takes time. Brawl came out and destroyed the community, it's not going to suddenly fix itself. Furthermore, Brawl was SUPPOSED to kill Melee. So the fact the Melee still even exists is more than we could ask for. Don't be so impatient. And hey, instead of objectively looking at a community that could be so much better than it is now and telling other people that they need to get to work, how about you do something yourself? You sound like you have some miraculous plan that will 100% bring Melee back. Lets hear it, what are YOU going to do?
I'm not at liberty to discuss what my plans for Melee are, but rest assured that I'm not a hypocrite.

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Azen's denounced Brawl? Since when? One of his most famous posts was a shoutout to people complaining about Brawl because of them being threatened by new people winning money. I've talked to him on AIM too, and he seems to like Brawl a lot.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Last time I checked, I didn't need your approval to do anything. I assume, since you still have your head up your own rear end, that nothing has changed.
Yeah, but you're still here complaining that other people aren't doing enough work to save Melee, while you won't even say what your so-called "plan" is. You're just spouting hot air. I don't believe that you have some plan to save Melee, and if you really do, I don't beleive that it'll work to the magnitude that you stress. And since you haven't given me or anyone else any reason to believe, neither I nor anyone else WILL believe you.

Azen's denounced Brawl? Since when? One of his most famous posts was a shoutout to people complaining about Brawl because of them being threatened by new people winning money. I've talked to him on AIM too, and he seems to like Brawl a lot.
That's why I put IIRC. I'm not completely sure about some of the people there,like MikeHaze and Scar, but I have heard some hearsay.

Mewter

Smash Master
I traded my copy of Brawl for Twilight Princess. Never played it before. Hope it's good.

Oh, it's good. It has you eating out of its hands.:laugh:
You'll drop both Melee AND Brawl for a while, at least. It's a good game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom