• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I play Marie Rose, the character with by far and away the smallest bust size of any character, men included.

You tell me.
Well, I was moreso talking about some of the costumes some characters have. Like Rachel, if you told me she was a Ninja Gaiden character I wouldn't believe you, it fits in more with DoA than Ninja Gaiden.

I like Soul Calibur V.

That said, 99% of my experience with that game is creating new characters and sharing them with the world, but of course, it's that little detail that sets the game apart from its competitors as far as I'm concerned.
I've seen people make some pretty nice characters with that.
Now that you've reminded me of that I'm kinda disappointed that the Miis didn't have that level of customization. I wanted to have the perfect Wesker Mii, with the trench coat and everything.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Well, I was moreso talking about some of the costumes some characters have. Like Rachel, if you told me she was a Ninja Gaiden character I wouldn't believe you, it fits in more with DoA than Ninja Gaiden.
Oh yeah, some of those costumes are crazy. My favourites (read: the only ones I really use) are Marie Rose's Gothic Lolita and schoolgirl outfits.

Honoka's starting to appeal to me, though. I'm a sucker for Catholic schoolgirls.

I've seen people make some pretty nice characters with that.
Now that you've reminded me of that I'm kinda disappointed that the Miis didn't have that level of customization. I wanted to have the perfect Wesker Mii, with the trench coat and everything.
That'd be great. Character creation is pretty much the entire reason I play Soul Calibur and why I prefer V over II, even having played the latter for years in my youth.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I like Soul Calibur V.

That said, 99% of my experience with that game is creating new characters and sharing them with the world, but of course, it's that little detail that sets the game apart from its competitors as far as I'm concerned.
Yeah, me too. Which would have been enough if the game wasn't trying so hard to be Street Fighter.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Oh yeah, some of those costumes are crazy. My favourites (read: the only ones I really use) are Marie Rose's Gothic Lolita and schoolgirl outfits.

Honoka's starting to appeal to me, though. I'm a sucker for Catholic schoolgirls.
I've taken a liking to Nyotengu personally, haven't played DoA5 myself but she looks fun to play.

Last edited:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Oh, that's an unfair comparison. :p Soulcalibur is Soulcalibur.
Soulcalibur 2 is bliss. Shame Soulcalibur 5 and Lost Swords were both horrible and killed the franchise forever. :urg:
Soul Blade all the way, baby.
I dunno why, but I never could get too warm with Soul Calibur 2 on the GC, which is the only other game in the series I played. It's great, mind you, but I was never really into it.
It had Link, but it was missing Siegfried and Nightmare wasn't quite the same playstyle... I also first played it a couple of years ago on my "Catching up on GC games with my Wii"-stride. So barely any nostalgia for that one.

Soul Blade on the other hand I could jump in and play a session almost any time.
The game also has awesome music (though I hear most of the series doesn't screw up on that part):

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Of course, there's no point in a good Character Creator if the game isn't that fun...and I did not enjoy SCV at all.
The music was generic and had no personality, the combat was stilted and tried way too much to be like a 3D Street Fighter, the character roster was god-awful, with a bunch of nobody newcomers that were either rip-offs of older characters or extremely annoying.

Whereas I daresay Soulcalibur 2 is one of the best fighters ever made, no small part due to the wealth of good and interesting modes the game had.
In fact, some of the modes I wanted for Smash 4, like Team Battle and a lengthy mission mode (Weapon Master) came from Soulcalibur 2.

Also, it has ****ing Link.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Course everyone gets chatty as I'm heading to bed. Let's do this thing then.

As a man who appreciates the importance of rocking a good pair of shades, I approve this message.
Shade-wearing has reached "too-cool-for-school" levels!

I like Soul Calibur V.

I still really enjoy SC5 as well, but I was disappointed that so many characters got cut (Mostly because of Cassandra, my Waifu main). Also I thought the story was very poorly done, introducing characters left and right with no real rhyme or reason, that we BARELY get to know. The character creator is still one of the best I've ever seen. Nintendo should take notes, just saiyan.

When's Torterra? :c
I'd be down for Torterra, but I would prefer Empoleon. Either is better compared to the overhyped Infernape IMO.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
277e0-vince-mcmahon-walk.gif

What's going on guys? Pokken disc-
Not Hawlucha. Couldn't care less.
HEEEEEYY KENITHH
HERE'S WEEMAN!
shining01.gif

I'm not actually a fan of Golurk but it'd be cool to see a huge golem playable in it.
But seriously, I badly want Hawlucha in that game. Greninja beat him to Smash, hopefully it can be the other way around in Pokken.
Nevermind then
1082.gif

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Rule 63.

Warning, if you click deeper into links on that page, I'm not responsible for what you find. The landing page is safe, though.
**** the internet. **** the world. I'm going to Mars.

Bye everybody! See you next fall! *dissipates into mysterious green gas*

D

Deleted member

Umm... what's going on in this page...?

Also how is everyone feeling about :094:'s inclusion in Pokkén Tournament?
Gengar's cool and all, but I want (and need) Mewtwo.

Whereas I daresay Soulcalibur 2 is one of the best fighters ever made, no small part due to the wealth of good and interesting modes the game had.
In fact, some of the modes I wanted for Smash 4, like Team Battle and a lengthy mission mode (Weapon Master) came from Soulcalibur 2.

Also, it has ****ing Link.
I only want to get Soul Calibur II because Link is in it, but I heard that he's trash. :(

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Mawile/Blaziken for Pokkén Tournament

The former is very unlikely, but the latter has a decent chance, I'd think.

Elsewhere, I just preordered the Yoshi's Woolly World amiibo package. Now to spend the next two months hoping it doesn't get cancelled.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I only want to get Soul Calibur II because Link is in it, but I heard that he's trash. :(
He's not trash. He's broken as hell is what he is.
When I got SC2 years ago it was also because Link was in it.
You could say Zelda got me into a completely unrelated franchise because crossovers.

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Mawile/Blaziken for Pokkén Tournament

The former is very unlikely, but the latter has a decent chance, I'd think.

Elsewhere, I just preordered the Yoshi's Woolly World amiibo package. Now to spend the next two months hoping it doesn't get cancelled.
Blaziken is already going to be in PT, they just haven't officially announced him/her yet. (He appeared in a screenshot of the game right around when it was first announced)

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
An extra delayed Happy Birthday for @RadiantTactician :roll:Sorry dear.

Have a shy donut head Ike.

**** the internet. **** the world. I'm going to Mars.

Bye everybody! See you next fall! *dissipates into mysterious green gas*

You need to look up rule 34, then.
Or go to /b/. :troll:
Go. I'll wait.

Btw, we were talking about Fire emblem OC's earlier, and look what I found.

I feel tempted in doing that now.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Rule 63.

Warning, if you click deeper into links on that page, I'm not responsible for what you find. The landing page is safe, though.
Honestly, its my favorite rule of the internet. I just love the concept. Rule 34 can go to hell, though.

D

Deleted member

Wow, by looking at the Rule 63 link it seems that Rule 34 is more popular than Rule 63. D:
Rule 63 is best rule.

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Wow this page has some....really nice examples

Dammit first I discover traps and now this? My straightness is in danger.
This actually makes so much sense that I'm not even shocked. If "Link" refers to a group of people instead of an individual, I don't see why one of them can't be female. Heck, if you put female Link in many of the Zelda games nothing would change, nothing.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
This actually makes so much sense that I'm not even shocked. If "Link" refers to a group of people instead of an individual, I don't see why one of them can't be female. Heck, if you put female Link in many of the Zelda games nothing would change, nothing.
No, something would change. Link would be hot.
Wait.

Nevermind. Embarrass

Last edited:

Elezir

Wait.

Nevermind. :nervous:
Excuse me, he's already hot:troll:
Particulary if we are talking about Twilight Princess.
I'm not into most of his games, but I have to admit that.

and don't anyone dare post again that abomination.

Last edited:

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
Sadly there is no Zelda game with a female Link playable *sigh. (Female Link could compete with ZSS for hotness) I do wonder how the entire Zelda cast genderbent would look like(would Shiek be a trap than?:troll:), though I am not sure how I would feel about female :4ganondorf:*shudder.

Wait.

Nevermind. :nervous:

Last edited:

Elezir

Sadly there is no Zelda game with a female Link playable *sigh. I do wonder how the entire Zelda cast would genderbent would look like(would Shiek be a trap than?:troll:), though I am not sure how I would feel about female :4ganondorf:. *shudder.
Doesn't look bad.

yes, it exists.

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
I'd imagine Female Ganondorf looking somewhat like this:

It's more fitting considering how beefy he is.

Top Bottom